Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for James Hinkley

Real Name James Hinkley   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname vacs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 10, 2000, 12:18
Total Comments 1001 (Pro)
User ID 5517

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Fix
23. Re: It's not THAT bad. Oct 3, 2006, 04:19 vacs

Mod makers selling their game for money! The Ship, Red Orchestra... both mods, now standalone games sold on the cheap. That's cool!

What exactly is so good about that? I though free mods were supposed to be free. Did I miss something?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bitmap Remakes
13. No subject Sep 28, 2006, 06:01 vacs

yes, Gods and Xenon 1/2.

I'm hoping they will remake Xenon in 3D, this is a much better title for a 3d conversion.

News Comments > Gold - Sam & Max Episode One
4. No subject Sep 25, 2006, 21:16 vacs

Sorry, I really liked Sam & Max Hit The Road but I will never buy this before I can playtest the game.

No demo, no buy

News Comments > Counter-Strike Free Market
39. No subject Sep 24, 2006, 17:34 vacs

I don't care about this new pricing system, all of my servers already include the following line in their startup config files:

mp_dynamicpricing 0

News Comments > In-Flight Games
2. No subject Sep 22, 2006, 07:49 vacs

What's a "stewertess"?

Anyway, I don't want the Sims on board, I would like to play games like CS:S during flight... against other passengers

So would be great!

News Comments > Ubisoft Leaks - Far Cry 2 & More
25. No subject Sep 21, 2006, 16:55 vacs

Who cares about FarCry 2 or FEAR 2? I want Condemned 2 and quickly.

That was an intense, great-looking, atmospheric Silent Hill action clone on steroids, inspired by the movie Saw.

That last level and final showdown still amazes me when I think of it, wow

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 17:19.

News Comments > Broken Sword: The Angel of Death Ships in EU
5. Re: No subject Sep 14, 2006, 14:46 vacs

...then you will suffer even more this time..camera is horrible

agreed but the rest of the gaming aspect is just fine if not perfect for an adventure game. Great story, characters and puzzles. What do you want more?

I just started playing "Secret files: Tunguska" and it seems to be an excellent adventure game. Why are so many great adventure games released after the genre has been said as being dead (Longuest Journey, Grim Fandango, Syberia, Black Mirror, Still Life, Broken Sword) when no one apparently is buying them...

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 14:46.

News Comments > Majesco and Valve Get Steamy
6. Re: No subject Sep 14, 2006, 14:22 vacs

Just picked up Advent from gogamer for like $5.90...

yeah well, Psychonauts is also available at amazon for 10 bucks less than on Steam but hey, Valve is just trying to get money to pay the costs of all their content servers or aren't they? The bandwidth of content servers is of course like everybody knows much more expensive than boxes, cds and shipping costs.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0008134P4/sr=8-1/qid=1155246403

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 14:22.

News Comments > Majesco and Valve Get Steamy
3. No subject Sep 14, 2006, 14:09 vacs

I really hope that Advent Rising will be a success on Steam so we might get the sequels of the trilogy.

Advent Rising is definitely one the most story-driven action-adventure games of the last few years. Nice graphics, excellent music, beautiful alien-world settings but above all a blast to play.

Nice to hear that Psychonauts will also get a new chance to show gamers what they have been missing in games for several years now: Originality and insane creativity.

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 14:10.

News Comments > Broken Sword: The Angel of Death Ships in EU
1. No subject Sep 14, 2006, 09:47 vacs

Already?

ok, ordered

News Comments > Secret Files Tunguska Demo
2. No subject Sep 4, 2006, 13:17 vacs

I heard the story is the main problem with this game. Puzzles and ambience is said to be really nice but the story is lacking...

News Comments > Battlefield 2142 Demo Plans
32. No subject Aug 31, 2006, 07:56 vacs

You could be one of the first to get into the demo of the most-anticipated game of 2006

Again, who decides what game will be the most anticipated game of whatever year, because BF2142 is certainly not on my "to-buy" list.

News Comments > The Late Show
2. Re: UT2007 Aug 24, 2006, 08:16 vacs

wake me up when Unreal 3 ships....

News Comments > EA Gets Unreal
26. No subject Aug 19, 2006, 22:32 vacs

I'm still waiting for id software to sign a deal with Epic to use their UE3 engine for id's next game...

News Comments > New ATI WinXP & Linux Drivers
3. No subject Jul 28, 2006, 18:58 vacs

Are these driver officially endorsed by AMD?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Prey
29. Re: Purchased CE; cannot install Jul 11, 2006, 16:29 vacs

I was able to copy the files from the DVD to the destination directory on my HD. The game runs now and I didn't have to use the Setup at all.

Good to hear that, my first guess actually was there might be data corruption on your DVD and therefore the installer fails.

Fortunately all of the ID engine based games can be copied manually from the CD/DVD to the harddisk. This "feature" is actually meant for linux installations so they don't need to include a seperate installer but it also can help in other situations... like yours

20. Re: Purchased CE; cannot install Jul 11, 2006, 14:10 vacs

Error number: 0x80040703
Description: Failed to Find DLL function: CDkey.GetCDKey
Setup will now terminate.

The problem is obvious. You've entered the CDkey but bought the DVD version. Insert the DVDKey to continue the installation process.

This comment was edited on Jul 11, 14:13.

12. Re: No subject Jul 11, 2006, 12:07 vacs

ppl are writing...

Yeah, people are writing that you downloaded the illegal pre-release version of Prey and that you are not fair enough to admit it.

Of course you only read in a warez forum that something special will happen after the credits but you only read those warez threads because you are not really interested in pirated copies.

... and I can read.

Congratulations for this amazing achievement! You're now officially a level 2 bluesnews' poster (98 more levels to go).

Anyway, I really hope that the rest of the game offers the same quality than the whole demo. The game looks very promising so far... even the multiplayer.

6. Re: No subject Jul 11, 2006, 10:37 vacs

hint: dont skip the credits at the end!

omg, you downloaded the illegal release candidate of Prey. You are my hero!

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Bill Gates has failed? Jul 2, 2006, 21:00 vacs

Only a jackass could believe that. I'm certainly not one of MS biggest fanboys, but stating that Bill failed because out of the 100+ important technology inventions he was directly responsible of, only 1 or 2 failed, is indeed fricking stupid.

Most people don't realize where we would be nowadays if MS didn't exist. Sure, Linux is god concerning servers but when talking about desktops or 85% of the market, there is no other reasonable solution than Windows eventhough Windows has many faults.

1001 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo