Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for James Hinkley

Real Name James Hinkley   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname vacs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 10, 2000, 12:18
Total Comments 986 (Graduate)
User ID 5517

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Secret Ponchos PC Plans
10. Re: Secret Ponchos PC Plans Apr 10, 2014, 02:44 vacs

Outlaws.. those were the good times in deed. Can't remember how many times I played through the single player campaign, looking for all the fun secrets hidden in the levels... and of course the music. One of the best gaming soundtracks ever, along side with Outcast.

Unfortunately the game's installer is 16-bit, so you won't be able to install it on 64-bit OS'. There is also an issue with strange colors in the cutscenes (at least on any Win7 version and above) but all those problems can be bypassed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DirectX 12 Announced
26. Re: DirectX 12 Announced Mar 21, 2014, 06:46 vacs

Lord Tea wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 05:48:
I hope by the end of 2015 there will be plenty of Mantle optimized titles out there, and since Nvidia is now feeling the pressure from AMD, they might even start coding their own NV-optimized API.

I doubt that nvidia is really feeling a lot of pressure because of Mantle because this latest DX12 announcement basically already means the end of Mantle.

After the Mantle announcement months ago, I was surprised that nvidia didn't react to it at all. I first thought, they were just trying to ignore Mantle but that would have been stupid for them.

They don't need to release their own low-level API, that would be a complete waste of time. Mantle is not going anywhere soon and AMD is loosing to much resources on something, which only gives them a certain advantage (whenever all the bugs are ironed out) in one single engine: Frostbite (cryengine to follow soon).

Nvidia knew that Microsoft had to react to it and the solution is DX12. Nvidia will try everything, and without any doubt will achieve in delivering the best DX12 optimized drivers by next year.

Mantle will NOT have invaded the gaming industry by 2015 but nvidia will have the best performance again by that date... and at the same time spend all those resources and API which can be used at the same time by Windows PCs, xbones and Windows phones... it's a win-win situation, there is no reason for nvidia to spend any time on Mantle or whatever other low-level API, except DX12.

Lord Tea wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 05:48:
Competition. I'm loving it.

absolutely, competition is always good for the consumer. This is another fine example.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Resident Evil 4 HD
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Resident Evil 4 HD Mar 1, 2014, 06:52 vacs

Jerykk wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 06:38:
What's wrong with 60 FPS?

What's wrong with 60 FPS? Are you serious?

Some people have screens which have a higher refreshrate then 60Hz. Mine goes all the way up to 144 Hz (or 120Hz with 3d vision, which I intend to use).

There is a hugh difference in fluidity between 60 and 120+ fps, especially in 3D and this for a game which current PCs can easily render at 200-300 fps

News Comments > Moebius: Empire Rising in April
1. Re: Moebius: Empire Rising in April Feb 20, 2014, 16:50 vacs

Strange, somehow I believed when I entered this kickstarter project, that it will be released online through Steam...

Hopefully, I won't have to install another online distribution platform to get this adventure game which looks pretty good.

News Comments > EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS
4. Re: EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS Feb 4, 2014, 10:00 vacs

You do know that there is a 64-bit version XP Pro available? So XP users can still play this game when it comes out  

News Comments > Remember Me Developer Bankrupt
19. Re: Remember Me Developer Bankrupt Jan 31, 2014, 17:11 vacs

Sad news, it was a promising studio with many good ideas. I really enjoyed the game even if it had its flaws but leveldesign, gameplay, feeling, story, music were all great but it never got the gamer attention it deserved.

@Acleacius: I played through the game with kb&mouse and enjoyed the game very much, no problems.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 30, 2014, 05:04 vacs

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 03:56:
That Twitter story is very interesting...

indeed, I didn't expect much at first when I read the title, especially since I have never used Twitter nor do I read tweets but in the end, it's a very interesting story about how to protect your accounts on the internet and general security...

News Comments > Broken Age Early Access Plans Change
8. Re: Broken Age Early Access Plans Change Jan 15, 2014, 11:29 vacs

nin wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 08:44:

Where's that at?

At the same place where you link your HB account to steam:

Log in Humble Bundle --> Settings --> Unlink Steam account (this revoke all rights from within Steam, even if this sounds strange)

News Comments > Broken Age Part 1 This Month; Preorders Underway
3. Re: Broken Age Part 1 This Month; Preorders Underway Jan 15, 2014, 05:56 vacs

Great adventure game! Really. At first I wasn't sure if the style of the game fits me but the game is so lovely designed, great voice-actors, funny dialogs and great but not too hard puzzles, I almost can't stop playing it

Hopefully Revolution Software will soon release the HD add-on for Broken Sword 5. Can't wait to get more adventure goodness... it has been a while

5. Re: Broken Age Early Access Plans Change Jan 15, 2014, 05:48 vacs

nin wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 18:33:
Got mine as well. Really don't like giving humble access to my steam account, but I guess that's the only way to get the steam key?

Yes, it's unfortunately the only way but you can revoke the access after adding the game into your Steam library... which is exactly what I did.

3. Re: Broken Age Early Access Plans Change Jan 14, 2014, 15:51 vacs

Just for info: the game is available for backers, I just got my Steam code for the first full part a few minutes ago...  

News Comments > GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers?
16. Re: GTA5 PC Clue in AMD Drivers? Oct 18, 2013, 12:04 vacs

Wake me up when someone finds Half-Life 3 clues in the driver...  

News Comments > Fez II Cancelled
59. Re: Fez II Cancelled Jul 29, 2013, 03:57 vacs

Whatever this guy ever said, I still like his game and I'm glad he made... for sake of the whole industry. Gameplay over fancy graphics is always king.  

News Comments > Valve Rumor Bonanza
21. Re: Valve Rumor Bonanza Jun 20, 2013, 03:48 vacs

Return to Ravenholm would be amazing, it's actually one of the few parts of HL2 which I really liked... even if it was not really the typical HL2 gameplay and setting.

However the Ravenholm part had some of the best (physics-based) puzzles of HL2, great level design (unlike the boring City 17), amazing suspense and quick action and an interesting area to explore, full of fun traps.

Return to Ravenholm is certainly an amazing concept, hopefully it will be done some time.

News Comments > Call of Juarez Gunslinger Demo
23. Re: Call of Juarez Gunslinger Demo May 31, 2013, 05:11 vacs

Gunslinger is no Outlaws but it comes as close as no other game at some very rare moments within the game.

Definitely a fun and polished Western game, I enjoyed it very much with some interesting gameplay nuances. Worth its price!

News Comments > Call of Juarez Gunslinger Trailer
6. Re: Call of Juarez Gunslinger Trailer May 7, 2013, 04:07 vacs

Judging from the graphic style used, it reminds a lot of Outlaws, which is a good thing. I might buy this one...  

News Comments > Moebius Trailer; Demo in June
1. Re: Moebius Trailer; Demo in June Apr 2, 2013, 02:52 vacs

Since I'm a backer of this projet, I got access to a playable (alpha)demo and really like what I'm seeing so far. Music is definitely Gabriel Knight inspired (no wonder since it's the same composer) and the mood of the game is perfect.
Can't wait to get the finished game.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 31, 2013, 17:52 vacs

Where is Tomb Raider? Why is Just Cause 2 in this list? (Not because it's bad but old...)  

News Comments > FEZ Coming to Steam
28. Re: FEZ Coming to Steam Mar 19, 2013, 09:41 vacs

ASeven wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 05:39:
http://i.imgur.com/oQOaHOx.png

No way, he's porting the game to make money for a living (and develop new games). Shame on him! So he won't get a dime from me and I will spend all my money on EA games. Ah, I feel much better now!

News Comments > FEZ Coming to Steam
24. Re: FEZ Coming to Steam Mar 19, 2013, 05:44 vacs

ASeven wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 21:36:
Remember, the dev is the douche who said precious stuff as this. Now that his console incursion didn't bring him that much money he's back to PC gamers, hoping people forget how much of a douchenozzle he was.

No, I haven't forgotten absolutely nothing. I also saw "Indie Game: The Movie" and do know that he is a very egocentric and introverted person who has hardly his life in control... but hey, he made FEZ and FEZ is an amazingly fun game, so I will support him, especially because he IS a real indie developer.

986 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo