Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for James Hinkley

Real Name James Hinkley   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname vacs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 10, 2000, 12:18
Total Comments 1000 (Pro)
User ID 5517

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
7. Re: Evening Mobilization Oct 7, 2014, 03:15 vacs

Cutter wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 21:47:
Why is it clickbait? Because you're a fan of the evil empire? Everyone should read it and every article like it and put those fuckers out of business.

I concur

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 16, 2014, 11:28 vacs

"iPhone 6 Breaks Pre-Order Record."

So many people can't be wrong, now can they?

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Elephants Trailer
21. Re: Far Cry 4 Elephants Trailer Sep 16, 2014, 07:32 vacs

No question, this is going to be an immensely fun game, can't wait for it, but... has this anything in common story- or character-wise with FarCry (1)?

They are just using the name to get attraction as it seems.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 22, 2014, 05:00 vacs

That 3D viewing may result in temporary headaches or dizziness for some people is well known, however no degradation or any other issue affecting the long term health of your vision have been observed.

That's why I asked, I keep hearing people that they are afraid to lose or have their vision degraded permanently by using any fake 3D system (like OR, 3D vision or 3D movies).

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Aug 22, 2014, 03:22 vacs

DangerDog wrote on Aug 22, 2014, 01:22:
I'm more worried about any persistent vision problems from using it, short and long term.

Why, precisely, are you worried about your vision because of 3d viewing?

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs
12. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 10:55 vacs

Idiots

In that case, no money from me then. FarCry 4 will keep me busy long enough anyhow.

oh, BTW, no Temple of Osiris for me neither until it hits the very low bargain bin. You get what you deserve.

News Comments > New GeForce WHQL Drivers
3. Re: New GeForce WHQL Drivers Jul 29, 2014, 18:20 vacs

Creston wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 14:39:
So what do they break?

You are a little bit too late, AMD released their latest drivers last week...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 1, 2014, 18:42 vacs

Good riddance and about time for my new system which I keep postponing for 1-2 years. Still using my old system which I built in August 2009 and still using my initial Win7 installation. Only things upgraded are my HDDs (bought SDDs) and my GFX card.

Still working like a charm

News Comments > Phil Fish Baits YouTube; Becomes Twitter Quitter
22. Re: Phil Fish Baits YouTube; Becomes Twitter Quitter Jun 19, 2014, 07:06 vacs

Just for the record: I love Phil Fish!  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 13, 2014, 02:38 vacs

No real news on Act 2, except that it is months away (still writing dialogues, puzzles).

To me, this is the only part where they completely failed. Act 1 is very easy but still very enjoyable... hope they deliver with Act 2.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Online Beta Next Week
19. Re: F.E.A.R. Online Beta Next Week May 19, 2014, 15:47 vacs

oh well, another free-to-play/pay-to-win game... Could those games please all die a horrible death? Thanks.  

News Comments > Darksiders "Not Dead"
6. Re: Darksiders May 12, 2014, 10:37 vacs

Hopefully this will be a worthy successor and not just a quick cash-in...  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 29, 2014, 14:00 vacs

8GB is the correct answer, agreed. The question was way too easy

But again, as it has been mentioned at least 24937 times before, do NOT disable the pagefile, not even with 512GB of RAM!

The pagefile does more than only swap out data which doesn't fit into your RAM. It also untrue that the pagefile will slow down your system if you have plenty of RAM.

There is a reason for this file to exist on Windows machines, keep it enabled!

News Comments > AMD Release Candidate Drivers
1. Re: AMD Release Candidate Drivers Apr 22, 2014, 06:09 vacs

Full OpenGL 4.4 support just now? Did they not have that before?

Nvidia offers full 4.4 support for all GF 400 series cards and upwards since August 2013...

News Comments > Secret Ponchos PC Plans
10. Re: Secret Ponchos PC Plans Apr 10, 2014, 02:44 vacs

Outlaws.. those were the good times in deed. Can't remember how many times I played through the single player campaign, looking for all the fun secrets hidden in the levels... and of course the music. One of the best gaming soundtracks ever, along side with Outcast.

Unfortunately the game's installer is 16-bit, so you won't be able to install it on 64-bit OS'. There is also an issue with strange colors in the cutscenes (at least on any Win7 version and above) but all those problems can be bypassed.

News Comments > DirectX 12 Announced
26. Re: DirectX 12 Announced Mar 21, 2014, 06:46 vacs

Lord Tea wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 05:48:
I hope by the end of 2015 there will be plenty of Mantle optimized titles out there, and since Nvidia is now feeling the pressure from AMD, they might even start coding their own NV-optimized API.

I doubt that nvidia is really feeling a lot of pressure because of Mantle because this latest DX12 announcement basically already means the end of Mantle.

After the Mantle announcement months ago, I was surprised that nvidia didn't react to it at all. I first thought, they were just trying to ignore Mantle but that would have been stupid for them.

They don't need to release their own low-level API, that would be a complete waste of time. Mantle is not going anywhere soon and AMD is loosing to much resources on something, which only gives them a certain advantage (whenever all the bugs are ironed out) in one single engine: Frostbite (cryengine to follow soon).

Nvidia knew that Microsoft had to react to it and the solution is DX12. Nvidia will try everything, and without any doubt will achieve in delivering the best DX12 optimized drivers by next year.

Mantle will NOT have invaded the gaming industry by 2015 but nvidia will have the best performance again by that date... and at the same time spend all those resources and API which can be used at the same time by Windows PCs, xbones and Windows phones... it's a win-win situation, there is no reason for nvidia to spend any time on Mantle or whatever other low-level API, except DX12.

Lord Tea wrote on Mar 21, 2014, 05:48:
Competition. I'm loving it.

absolutely, competition is always good for the consumer. This is another fine example.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Resident Evil 4 HD
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Resident Evil 4 HD Mar 1, 2014, 06:52 vacs

Jerykk wrote on Mar 1, 2014, 06:38:
What's wrong with 60 FPS?

What's wrong with 60 FPS? Are you serious?

Some people have screens which have a higher refreshrate then 60Hz. Mine goes all the way up to 144 Hz (or 120Hz with 3d vision, which I intend to use).

There is a hugh difference in fluidity between 60 and 120+ fps, especially in 3D and this for a game which current PCs can easily render at 200-300 fps

News Comments > Moebius: Empire Rising in April
1. Re: Moebius: Empire Rising in April Feb 20, 2014, 16:50 vacs

Strange, somehow I believed when I entered this kickstarter project, that it will be released online through Steam...

Hopefully, I won't have to install another online distribution platform to get this adventure game which looks pretty good.

News Comments > EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS
4. Re: EverQuest Next Requires 64-bit OS Feb 4, 2014, 10:00 vacs

You do know that there is a 64-bit version XP Pro available? So XP users can still play this game when it comes out  

News Comments > Remember Me Developer Bankrupt
19. Re: Remember Me Developer Bankrupt Jan 31, 2014, 17:11 vacs

Sad news, it was a promising studio with many good ideas. I really enjoyed the game even if it had its flaws but leveldesign, gameplay, feeling, story, music were all great but it never got the gamer attention it deserved.

@Acleacius: I played through the game with kb&mouse and enjoyed the game very much, no problems.

1000 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo