Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for James Hinkley

Real Name James Hinkley   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname vacs
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 10, 2000, 12:18
Total Comments 1039 (Pro)
User ID 5517

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Quantum Break PC Plans; Xbox Players Unhappy
13. Re: Quantum Break PC Plans; Xbox Players Unhappy Feb 12, 2016, 11:14 vacs

I really hope this game will also be available on Steam and not just exclusively on the crappy Windows Store...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Life is Strange Adds Free Commentary DLC
5. Re: Life is Strange Adds Free Commentary DLC Jan 21, 2016, 02:51 vacs

Rattlehead wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 19:52:
This was my game of the year 2015. Hit me right in the feels. I really hope we see more Life is Strange in the future.

Life is strange 2 is in production...

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Dec 30, 2015, 04:09 vacs

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 29, 2015, 22:17:
When my SSD comes in on god fucking knows when, I'm going to install Windows 10 and I have the laundry list ready to roll when it comes to disabling 'features'.

Desktop PCs with Windows 10 do NOT get encrypted by default when install the OS from scratch, the article is talking about Windows phones and tables... don't worry

News Comments > Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced
3. Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 6, 2015, 17:43 vacs

harlock wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 16:21:
worthless studio

worthless comment

News Comments > Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised?
45. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 27, 2015, 23:33 vacs

shinchan0s wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 16:10:
...(the fact that you can even research price history is more evidence)...

and how exactly does one do that?

News Comments > Thanksgiving Safety Dance
7. Re: Sneaky Microsoft Nov 27, 2015, 09:53 vacs

Nuhauser wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 20:50:
I just wanted to get DX12, and that has been delayed without any word as to when we can expect it.

What do you mean: "DX12 has been delayed"?

DX12 is included in Win10 at least nvidia supports it already with their Win10 drivers, there even a few DX12 demos available and one game...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 19, 2015, 13:09 vacs

Cutter wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 12:06:
Forget HL3.

Absolutely, forget HL3! But f**king finally finish HL2EP3!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
11. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 17, 2015, 03:14 vacs

Tom wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 19:41:
No problems here.

Probably because I'm running Windows 7.

False sense of privacy. I'm not surprised. MS added a LOT of spying settings in Windows 7 during the last few years, without any way at all of disabling them using any Windows settings menu.

For Windows 10 users, just install Spybot Anti-Beacon and be done with most of the privacy concerns. Windows 10 will thereafter spy less on you than Windows 7 does on default.

BTW: Anti-beacon does also work on Windows 7, just try it and be surprised how much privacy you got

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 10, 2015, 12:54 vacs

Wake me up when Rise of the Tomb Raider is available for PC... for 15$, because that's all I gonna hand over due this exclusive BS  

News Comments > Quake Live No Longer Free-to-Play
17. Re: Quake Live No Longer Free-to-Play Oct 28, 2015, 18:55 vacs

Rhialto wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 17:49:
What's the name of a similar game, name is very short, like 4/5 letters IIRC. Anyone have names in mind?

Brink?

News Comments > Life is Strange Episode 5 Next Month
13. Re: Life is Strange Episode 5 Next Month Sep 22, 2015, 05:05 vacs

great, can't wait for the finale.

The story-telling and emotions part of this game is very strong. Very unique and fresh experience.

News Comments > Amnesia Free on Steam
27. Re: Amnesia Free on Steam Sep 16, 2015, 13:57 vacs

Kxmode wrote on Sep 16, 2015, 01:38:
Does anyone know what happens when you use a trainer? Does this make the game not scary?

This will make the game, not be a game. It's like the ability to drive in a racing game.

Amnesia is all about being help- and defend-less and trying to survive. By enabling godmode, you disabling the core gameplay element. Better go watch a walkthrough on youtube, same effect as using a trainer.

News Comments > The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux
14. Re: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter Redux Sep 12, 2015, 10:39 vacs

By simply running through the map, one cannot finish this game. The game has actually real gameplay and good puzzles to solve and therefore is not just simply a Dear Esther kind of game.

I really enjoyed this game, breathtaking visuals and a gaming experience to remember. Can't wait to play the redux version.

BTW: at least with the initial version, using 3D Vision is a must. It enhances the experience quite considerably.

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Multiplayer Cut
5. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Multiplayer Cut Sep 6, 2015, 13:42 vacs

Who cares, as long as there is no PC version...  

News Comments > SOMA Trailer
1. Re: SOMA Trailer Sep 3, 2015, 10:57 vacs

Already preordered the game but I will avoid any gameplay or teaser videos. The less one knows before playing this game, the better it is  

News Comments > SOMA Preorders
6. Re: SOMA Preorders Aug 25, 2015, 03:29 vacs

MajorD wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 00:00:
It took a lot for me to play it through and finish it, it was tough, but I did it, and it is a great game. Amnesia: AMFP was just 'okay' on its own, but I was pretty much disappointed. Now, if I can just work up the nerves to play and finish Outlast (by Red Barrels).

The Outlast games have been the most nerve-wrecking games for me ever. Way above the Amnesia series but I still very much enjoyed Amnesia and will certainly buy SOMA.

News Comments > On Trine 3's Length and Future
20. Re: On Trine 3's Length and Future Aug 23, 2015, 12:18 vacs

El Pit wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 11:35:
I usually buy games based on the quality of the game, but to each their own.

Did you buy Arkham Knight, too, because Warner opened up about it being a shitty port and even pulling the game for a complete overhaul? Just asking.

You misunderstood my comment. I bought both Trine 1 & 2 and spent over 40 hours in both games combined. I immensely enjoy these type of games.

Concerning Trine 3, I anyhow planned on buying that game because I don't doubt for a second, that the game is fun. It's just that I don't have much time for the moment and intended to buy the game at a later stage.

I agree, that you shouldn't applaud someone making a mistake, it happens, especially if the intention to create a great game was real and the game, in the end, still turns out to be great fun but just too short.

That's why I bought the game now full price to support them... and no, I haven't bought Arkham Knight yet, eventhough I own the previous 3 games.

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 2015, 12:57.

News Comments > On Trine 3's Length and Future
18. Re: On Trine 3's Length and Future Aug 23, 2015, 10:11 vacs

After reading this honest statement by the developers, I opened Steam and bought the game instantly, instead of waiting for a sale.

Way to go, too bad not many developers are this open about what went wrong during the production, even though it is still an amazing fun game.

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
103. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated] Jul 7, 2015, 01:41 vacs

I'm pretty confident that this game is fully playable before we start to colonize Mars...  

News Comments > Dreamfall Chapters: Book Three Thursday
2. Re: Dreamfall Chapters: Book Three Thursday Jun 23, 2015, 22:17 vacs

Was wondering that myself. I guess (hope) they calculated the budget they got through from kickstarter to last throughout 5 chapters.

I'm almost done with chapter 2 and enjoying the game quite a bit so far.

1039 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo