Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for what

Real Name what   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bumpy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 12, 2009, 01:23
Total Comments 841 (Graduate)
User ID 55140

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > PC MX vs. ATV Reflex Nears
2. Re: PC MX vs. ATV Reflex Nears Oct 13, 2010, 13:00 Bumpy

Meh. The console versions had horrible visuals. Think this port will fix that? I highly doubt they'll make the effort.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > RAGE Interview
7. Re: RAGE Interview Oct 11, 2010, 13:10 Bumpy

From all the info coming out of how Rage is exactly same as console, Rage has gone from 'day one purchase' to 'wait for mods to enhance and fix' before purchase.

News Comments > Early DNF Demo with Borderlands GOTY
11. Re: Early DNF Demo with Borderlands GOTY Oct 5, 2010, 13:32 Bumpy

These developers always gotta exploit and market any time they can.

Figured they might go the DR2 route and force people to pay for the DNF demo or something.

Whatever. Crack groups will be all over this in a heart beat.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Footage
25. Re: Duke Footage. Oct 3, 2010, 22:00 Bumpy

Meh to the presentation. Will wait and see if the full game delivers much more creative stuff.  

News Comments > 1C Company on Game Profitability
12. Re: 1C Company on Game Profitability Sep 30, 2010, 13:12 Bumpy

1C Company offers great niche games I can get no where else and hope they continue to do so. Very glad they do not suck up to mainstream crap. Far as I'm concerned, Russia has been great PC game in the last 5+ years.  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
10. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 29, 2010, 13:30 Bumpy

Silicon Avatar wrote on Sep 29, 2010, 12:40:
Smart phones have a GPS. The GPS can tell when you're moving and how fast. Make phones come with a feature such that if you're moving over 25mph, it turns the texting off automatically and sets the phone to only receive voice mail and make emergency 911 calls. If you stop, then all the features are turned on. Eventually everyone will have one of these phones. If you're a passenger, well, too damned bad.

Cell phone driving problems solved.

Problem with that is there is nothing wrong with a passenger using a cell phone.

Recently read somewhere can't remember that some cars will be offering internet features on the nav screens. Like Facebook and Twitter updates popping up on screen.

Also wanted to say that texting is not much worse a distraction than trying to read a map while driving. Not that one should do either, just saying is all, distractions were always there, just not as prevalent as nowaday gadgets.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Rising 2
64. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Rising 2 Sep 28, 2010, 23:03 Bumpy

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Sep 28, 2010, 20:36:
Died again tonight after killing another 1000 zombies and completing 3 "quests" without saving. How I felt right there is how I never wanna feel when doing something that's supposed to be fun. And all because of some fucking freakshows with sniper-rifles in the park and I had a mermaid to carry.

If only there were more toilets and weren't that tedious to get to.

I'm officially done with this game (deleted it from my computer). It was fun (and frustrating) while it lasted -- which was truly like butter spread over too much bread, since there's little else to play these days.

Just get the trainer, it allows save and load anywhere.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Rising 2
27. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Rising 2 Sep 28, 2010, 13:18 Bumpy

Verno wrote on Sep 28, 2010, 13:01:
There's no practical difference from doing everything in a single 20 hour run or restarting it 3-4 hours through a few times. People don't need to complete the entire game several times to have a chance at doing everything if they want to.

Yes, there absolutely is. Being forced to restart the game a few times requires you to repeat and do over all the main missions/cut scenes i.e. tediously repetitive.

One long complete play through, you get to see and play it all once.

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: Game Reviews Sep 24, 2010, 19:45 Bumpy

The thing is, being forced to replay the game makes it repetitive. Obviously that isn't an issue to you. Not sure why you enjoy redoing ALL the same main missions over again to get further than last time in hopes of completing the game. Wouldn't one long play through be much more enjoyable?

There absolutely is something wrong with the timer, the timer does not allow you to experience the complete game unless you play fast i.e. forced, rushed gameplay or repeat the game.

3. Re: Game Reviews Sep 24, 2010, 17:56 Bumpy

Well to me the game design is crap and indeed is not for gamers like myself who like to take their time and actually enjoy a whole game in one play through. Some timed missons are fine but a complete game being timed is a horrible idea.

Gameplay itself is great, least the first one was.

I wouldn't complain if there was a flood of SP games like this out there to choose from but there isn't. Tons of zombie games but none that are close to Dead Rising.

1. Re: Game Reviews Sep 24, 2010, 13:57 Bumpy

Really stinks they decided to keep the lame game 72hour timer thing in the 2nd Dead Rising. I very much disliked having to rush through the first one. And I'm not one to play through games more than once at all.

Hopefully some mods or hacks come out the remove the timer on the PC version.

News Comments > Civilization V and Demo Released
10. Re: Civilization V and Demo Released Sep 21, 2010, 13:21 Bumpy

Nice to have a demo. Will try out at home to see if hex play is for me.  

News Comments > DNF ShakyCam Footage
13. Re: DNF ShakyCam Footage Sep 4, 2010, 12:11 Bumpy

When a games UI is functional but hindering or clumsy, I would definitely label it as 'broken'.

It's like having a rocking chair for a drivers seat in a car, yup works fine. NOT.

All recent DNF footage and info reeks of consolized infection. My anger mounts by the minute even though I've had 13 years to get over it.

News Comments > DNF Next Year
18. Re: DNF Next Year Sep 3, 2010, 15:21 Bumpy

Far as we know this could be turned into a 3rd person auto cover shooter now. <shrug> As long as the game stays 90% 3DR it could be excellent. But if Gearbox makes bunches of changes, I have little faith the game be anything but average.  

News Comments > Paradox on PC Gaming
11. Re: Paradox on PC Gaming Aug 31, 2010, 19:22 Bumpy

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 31, 2010, 18:11:

Completely agree. I have an eerie feeling the whole connectivity thing is only going to get worse too. The days of games as a product are limited, and I guess that's because most people want that.

I certainly don't.

As I've half joked in other threads, just wait, soon most game HUDs will have Facebook, IM and Twitter integrated right into them and you'll need to have accounts for each in order to play the game.

I'm already annoyed you are forced(if you want the full game experience) to sign up and make accounts for the likes of GTA4 and Dragon Age.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 31, 2010, 13:28 Bumpy

Hey Capcom, how about I rent the full game for $7 instead? Pay for a demo, never.  

News Comments > Analyst: Mafia II "Unlikely to Achieve Profitability"
3. Re: Analyst: Mafia II "Unlikely to Achieve Profitability" Aug 30, 2010, 20:59 Bumpy

When GTA4 and Red Dead Redemption are out there already kicking ass, bringing a content lacking and short game to the fighting ring should expect to get pushed aside and forgotten quickly.  

News Comments > Steam Bestsellers
11. Re: Steam Bestsellers Aug 22, 2010, 21:05 Bumpy

elefunk wrote on Aug 22, 2010, 20:16:
Have you played it?

There's a free demo at Steam btw.

News Comments > Steam Bestsellers
1. Re: Steam Bestsellers Aug 22, 2010, 16:39 Bumpy

Guess there is no accounting for taste seeing K&L2 up there.  

News Comments > RAGE PC Interview
1. Re: RAGE PC Interview Aug 20, 2010, 20:20 Bumpy

All talk, just like Borderlands guys said PC version would be properly setup on PC, look how that turned out. I'll believe an unconsolized game when I see it.  

841 Comments. 43 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo