Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for what

Real Name what   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Bumpy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 12, 2009, 01:23
Total Comments 822 (Graduate)
User ID 55140

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
56. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 8, 2011, 12:20 Bumpy

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Aug 8, 2011, 12:05:
I have to agree with those who weren't impressed with EYE. After a few hours with it, it still seemed very shallow. The AI seems incapable of doing much more than just charging at you with guns blazing. The guns have a pretty good feel to them, but it's just a repetitive grind really. Feels like an alpha version of what could be a good mod if they tightened things up and made the gameplay more interesting.

This is the same AI as HL2. They run to the sides, they go to cover, they flank, they grenade you out, they crouch, what else do people want? I don't remember rash of complaints about the AI in HL2?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

49. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 8, 2011, 10:42 Bumpy

Rhino wrote on Aug 8, 2011, 10:26:
So what's the sweet spot where they have played the game sufficiently to satisfy you that they are able to make an opinion based upon what they have played, to where they have played to TOO thoroughly so as to render their opinion invalid?

Don't be thick. It's similar to a pirate finishing a game then saying it sucks. If it was that bad I'm pretty sure most people would never get close to 24hours of playing it.

Edit: not saying he's a pirate btw.

43. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 8, 2011, 10:01 Bumpy

Verno wrote on Aug 8, 2011, 09:45:
They say not to judge a book by its cover but when your cover has the title "Divine Cybermancy" I just move on.

Really? REALLY?! Wow. I am honestly shocked and disappointed at how EYE is received by the Blue PC crowd. I feel like I'm an outcast in an IGN forum or something.

http://www.gogaminggiant.com/review/pc/e-y-e-divine-cybermancy/
http://feedthegamer.info/2011-08-03/review-e-y-e-divine-cybermancy-pc/
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/eye/1185987p1.html
http://n4g.com/news/817897/e-y-e-divine-cybermancy-review-g3
http://games.on.net/article/13354/ber_Review_E.Y.E_Divine_Cybermancy
Bottom line.

39. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 8, 2011, 08:11 Bumpy

PHJF wrote on Aug 8, 2011, 01:08:
I played a couple dozen hours

LOL, yeah the game is horrible as you portray it if you played it about 4X longer than most AAA games released in the last 8 years.

35. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 8, 2011, 01:02 Bumpy

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 8, 2011, 00:49:
My experience with EYE was being dropped into large arenas and constantly shooting things that respawn quickly, even with respawn on the lowest settings. Just seemed like an endless shoot-a-thon against dumb AI, more Painkiller than Deus Ex.

Did you play through the whole game? Some levels are as you describe(I love those cause they are very hard), others are not.

Plus you choose to play that way. Using stealth and other abilities, I kill as few as possible in the missions. I do have to 'farm' for $$$ in HQ mode in between missions however.

31. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 8, 2011, 00:39 Bumpy

I guess maybe I just got lucky and started playing EYE with the right character build and difficulty or something. From the atmosphere to the tools the game offers, this game is brilliance minus a patch.

I thought ALL of the Blue's crowd would fall in love with this game. It's totally PC designed, hardcore, forced to think, figure out, tons of options and has severe consequences.

People always complaining about the same old crap recycled game. Well here is fresh, EYE. And for only $20, 'true' PC gamers in here still don't want it?!!

I'll quote Gamespy since I can't write well..

E.Y.E. is one of those games that it's almost impossible to comprehend from the outside looking in; the glass is opaque. It's not until you've played for a few hours that the truly impressive scale of what this small team has accomplished becomes apparent. Players have been comparing E.Y.E. to Deus Ex, and while the influences are clear in the dystopian sci-fi setting, a lot more is going on here.

Edit: FWIW, I found Coop horrible. It reduces the game to CoD, fast pace and dumb.

26. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 8, 2011, 00:07 Bumpy

reisub wrote on Aug 7, 2011, 23:49:
Bumpy wrote on Aug 7, 2011, 22:54:
PC site and not a single comment on the impressiveness of EYE, both sales and game itself. I'm ashamed of my peers.
*cough*
reisub wrote on Aug 7, 2011, 20:21:
On another note, just finished E.Y.E. Played it with 2 other guys but I can't help feeling a bit unsatisfied. Seemed to end just as it got going and we didn't scrape the surface in terms of powers etc. Also seemed quite easy, even though we played on Ghost with maximum spawns. Still, was fun while it lasted for the most part and still have the separate missions to go.

Coop is stupid easy. Most levels in MP I've joined are finished in less than 5 min, serious.

EYE needs to be played SP to get the most out of it.

This game is amazingly deep but most people force play it like CoD and just blast through it missing the whole point of the game.

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 7, 2011, 22:54 Bumpy

PC site and not a single comment on the impressiveness of EYE, both sales and game itself. I'm ashamed of my peers.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Announced
22. Re: Borderlands 2 Announced Aug 3, 2011, 13:18 Bumpy

Won't RAGE be making this game look and play kind of weak?

If they make this one proper on PC I might buy it but RAGE seems way better.

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2011, 20:33 Bumpy

Slashman wrote on Jul 31, 2011, 19:03:
Yeah, I'm gonna wait for some patching to be done before I jump in on this one. It still seems like a decent game for the price though.

The learning curve is steep but hour or 3 in and it all starts to click. Then the addiction starts, it's that good IMO. If you are a Stalker/Deus Ex fan, this game will ruin your life, heh.

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2011, 15:57 Bumpy

reisub wrote on Jul 31, 2011, 14:02:
Bumpy wrote on Jul 31, 2011, 13:26:
Nice to see EYE way up there. It truly is a great, hardcore PC game.
The game passed me by until a friend suggested I get it. I'll have to read up on it.

I've played it for 11 hours and am only on map 3. Sure right now there are many glitches or issues(which the dev is working on patches), but if you take the time to actually learn the game, EYE is very ingeniously designed.

Atmosphere is its strong suit. Like Stalker, this game sucks you in. Allows you many ways to approach tasks. You feel very powerful yet if not careful you will die quickly, in many odd ways too.

Anyway, I highly recommend it to hardened PC gamers. Mainstreamers, hand holders or noobs need not apply.

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 31, 2011, 13:26 Bumpy

Nice to see EYE way up there. It truly is a great, hardcore PC game.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC FOV Option
3. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC FOV Option Jul 30, 2011, 17:24 Bumpy

Yay!!!!!!!  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
19. Re: Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Jul 30, 2011, 15:24 Bumpy

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 30, 2011, 13:40:

I would call everything being in a large arena map and respawning random enemies suffering.

So you must of disliked Stalker or System Shock(s) also then? If done right, like this game has, it is an awesome experience.

If someone prefers linear shooters, I guess that's fine too but I certainly don't think its fair to call this game design 'suffering'.

16. Re: Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Jul 30, 2011, 11:32 Bumpy

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 30, 2011, 05:09:
Sooooooo this is totally a multiplayer coop game. Anything else is superfluous.

True it is definitely designed with MP in mind but I have not found the SP to suffer at all from this design choice.

So far I'm totally enthralled and immersed with this games SP, even with the annoying save system.

12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Jul 30, 2011, 01:03 Bumpy

Just played this for about 2 hours now and finished the first mission.

Totally PC bred game; so nice to not have console crap in my PC game for once.

WOW!!! Seriously one of the most captivating games I've played since Stalker1.

I would describe this game a mix of Stalker+Deus Ex+Hellgate London. Lots of menus, inventory, leveling, stats, powers, hacking, loadouts, etc.

Save system is interesting. Seems you get 10 lives in a mission, die and you reincarnate from some 'coma' automatically like the Bioshock Vita Chamber. Go past 10 lives and you restart the mission from the beginning. This is on Normal btw, which I'm finding very easy.

Edit: Save system actually pretty much blows and puts a real damper on this game. Seems there is no checkpoint or save ability at all. Only save is between missions and its automatic with zero ability to control the save.

This comment was edited on Jul 30, 2011, 01:29.

7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Jul 29, 2011, 16:57 Bumpy

Guy at Rage3D played it already and said this quick comment...
"I am enjoying the game so far. This is definitely not some mainstream console title. The leveling system is a bit complicated which isn't really a bad thing. There seems to be quite a few ways to level your character and there are different ways to accomplish your goals. Now this game does lack the polish of a AAA title. I'll be honest I don't really care for the storyline so far, the tutorial is pretty boring, and some of the some things could stand to be explained a bit better. This is also not a sandbox title. The missions remind me more of a Dues Ex style. The gunplay is obviously fine since it is using Source.

I'll get my money worth out of this game."

Sounds interesting and good enough for me. This appears to be a nice true PC title. I'm buying.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features
24. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Getting PC Features Jul 29, 2011, 13:16 Bumpy

This news is another example of why I don't buy PC games on release any more.

Nice to hear they are modding their own game. And yeah, hope they remove the regen health too.

News Comments > John Carmack Excited About Gaming and RAGE 2
2. Re: John Carmack Excited About Gaming and RAGE 2 Jul 27, 2011, 18:41 Bumpy

Seems ever since he went console Carmack got enthused again. Hope id hasn't forgotten their roots. PC version of RAGE better be properly PC.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution
31. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 13:05 Bumpy

MajorD wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 12:50:
It looks like a promising title, but I am still on the fence here, as I don't like how it continuously alternates between 'first person' perspective and 'third person' perspective. IMO, it just breaks the continuity of the 'first person' perspective way too much.

Assuming this title takes off, which it sounds like it will, I'm betting there will be a mod or hack for this.

Think I need to run through and finish Alpha Protocol first or DE3 will spoil me.

822 Comments. 42 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo