Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for ASJD

Real Name ASJD   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 11, 2009, 02:52
Total Comments 469 (Amateur)
User ID 55136

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > 3D Blu-ray Next Year
2. Re: 3D Blu-ray Next Year Dec 9, 2009, 16:54 ASJD

3D shutter glasses suck.

PS3 does have HDMI 1.3 support supposedly, and Sony was talking about implementing 3D tech for some titles next year, and they've already been showing it off in public for a few years, so PS3 should be able to support it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Legends?
5. Re: Star Wars Legends? Dec 9, 2009, 15:51 ASJD

So what kind of game is it?

Super Smash Bros Brawl style fighting game for Nintendo Wii.

News Comments > America's Army Game Cost $32 Million
32. Re: America's Army Game Cost $32 Million Dec 9, 2009, 15:47 ASJD

The first few years of the project were fine, first Unreal Engine 2 game on the market, pretty good game, and definitely useful for recruitment.

Project should have been completely cut off by 2005 or so though, game has gone to shit and I'm sure the playerbase is down.

News Comments > Bad Company 2 and BF 1943 Specs
22. Re: Nice specs! Dec 3, 2009, 16:20 ASJD

Except that you can buy a PC that exceeds the minimum requirements from the Dell outlet for about $550.

Crysis had higher needs, but the needs to play it "acceptably" when it came out were much further out of line with the norm.

I highly doubt it'll look better than the console versions at minimum settings. Odds are as far as assets & textures, the max settings are console equivalent.

News Comments > Bad Company 2 and BF 1943 Specs
9. Re: Nice specs! Dec 2, 2009, 11:44 ASJD

Nice, those recommended specs are nice & beefy. It's about time a developer comes out with some pretty high end recommended specs. The last one to do this was Crysis, I think.

Although now we will hear all the complainers on here talk about how "ridiculous" those specs are & why "This is why I console game who has that kind of money". Like I have always said if you want to game with the big dogs (Ie. PC Platform) pony up the money. PC Gaming is a serious hobby not just some time consuming idle activity you do to kill time, that's what consoles are for.

Except those specs are ridiculous, and those specs are WAYYYY higher than Crysis's. Way higher than GTA4 for that matter!

If gaming with the big dogs means spending $1000 to play the equivalent of a $300 console, you can count me out. Time was when spending that money meant something.

Like another poster said, this is evidence of bad porting, nothing special about the PC itself...

News Comments > Duke Nukem Screenshot
4. Re: Duke Nukem Screenshot Nov 30, 2009, 12:49 ASJD

DUDE, I BELIEVE!

DUKE NUKEM FOREVER EXCLUSIVE TO WII HD December 21st, 2028 release!

News Comments > PC Deus Ex 3 Follow-up
22. Re: PC Deus Ex 3 Follow-up Nov 27, 2009, 17:31 ASJD

The second one definitely wasn't as well made IMO as the first in a lot of ways. I'll keep and open mind, but the world has moved on.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 24, 2009, 14:47 ASJD

Just wanted to pop in and say AC2 is indeed an amazing game on 360. So much added depth, more engrossing storyline, more interesting visuals...  

News Comments > Crysis Back to the Future DeLorean
14. Re: Crysis Back to the Future DeLorean Nov 23, 2009, 20:19 ASJD

Pretty neat, I intend to check out the mod at some point.  

News Comments > Steam Bans Grey Market MW2 Keys
32. Re: Steam Bans Grey Market MW2 Keys Nov 21, 2009, 08:29 ASJD

This is some really shady shit on Valve/Steam's behalf. It's common practice for people to buy products at a lower price if they can, and these ARE legit CD keys. The grey market (imports) has never been cracked down upon by any videogame company in the past, this sets a very disturbing precedent. I import a lot of games on Playstation 3, and boy would I be pissed if Sony locked me out of being able to do so, or even revoked the games I legitimately purchased!

Randy was right, Steam is hurting gaming!

News Comments > EEDAR: Marketing Sells More Than Good Reviews
15. Re: EEDAR: Marketing Sells More Than Good Reviews Nov 16, 2009, 22:24 ASJD

Generally this is an all too obvious truth.

Look at Wii, Nintendo spent over $250 million on marketing in the first year, probably considerably more.

Then look at PC gaming, no one to market it.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Nov 15, 2009, 22:07 ASJD

If you liked Shattered Horizon, you'd LOVE Halo 3.  

News Comments > DX11 Bad Company 2
5. Re: DX11 Bad Company 2 Nov 14, 2009, 18:47 ASJD

I don't expect Battlefield 3 any time in 2010 as we haven't even seen a screenshot of the game yet, and it hasn't even been announced.

As far as DX11 support in BFBC2, I bet it'll just be token support, but I'm interested to see what they have lined up.

News Comments > Diablo III After 2010?
3. Re: Diablo III After 2010? Nov 12, 2009, 13:30 ASJD

On the Giant Bombcast they said that at Blizzcon Blizzard specifically said Diablo III would NOT come out in 2010, so 2011 at the earliest.  

News Comments > On the MW2 Street Date
23. Re: On the MW2 Street Date Nov 9, 2009, 07:25 ASJD

Can we please get over this MW2 hype quickly. A standard 8 hour shooter shouldnt get all this attention. Dragon Age on the other hand would deserve it.

Dragon Age sure as hell doesn't deserve it either. Just more big name publisher over hyped tripe. Demon's Souls deserves it.

All these publishers are way too soft on street dates, street dates that don't even help the big retailers, customers, or the publisher themselves. Games get pirated simply because people can't buy a game in stores but they can download it. Gamestop can't sell a copy of MW2 but no name Generico retailer down the street can.

Retailers are thus not motivated to get games to customers sooner. It's sort of like communism for retail, and it's not making anyone happy except that local K-Mart that noone goes to who just got their first game sale.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2009, 07:25.

News Comments > Visually Impaired Gamer Sues Sony
25. Re: Visually Impaired Gamer Sues Sony Nov 8, 2009, 18:10 ASJD

Ohhh shit imma sue Nintendo because I can't use Wii Fit properly because I'm not in shape!  

News Comments > Video Game Survey Results
18. Re: Video Game Survey Results Nov 5, 2009, 19:58 ASJD

The questions were probably something along the lines of :

Did you ever play a video game?
Did you ever play Solitare on Windows?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Shattered Horizon
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Shattered Horizon Nov 5, 2009, 01:39 ASJD

It's nothing like Descent or Tribes, it's far more simple.

I struggle to think of examples, but perhaps some sort of free Flash minigame would be comparable.

You see a dude and you shoot him. Maybe he takes cover behind a rock, maybe a teammate steps in. Maybe you decide to launch a grenade his way.

It gets boring very quickly, there is no depth.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 4, 2009, 17:54 ASJD

The reality is that they only catch the idiots who are dumb enough to play retail games on live before release day or don't fix their ISOs using ABGX so their big threats are much ado about nothing.

That's not true, they just banned a few thousand people who were fixing their ISOs and never played games early on Live.

MS doesn't even ban all the pirates because that might tell pirates what they were detecting.

If you don't play games on Live, they can't detect you though.

News Comments > Serious Sam HD Steam Plans
1. Re: Serious Sam HD Steam Plans Oct 28, 2009, 21:26 ASJD

I hope the PC version comes out the same day as the XBLA version, because if it's coming weeks later to PC I probably won't get that version.

Also, I hope they really take advantage of the PC hardware, I hope the options are like Serious Sam SE's...

469 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo