Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob Bob

Real Name Bob Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BobBob
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Bob Smith
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 30, 2009, 05:12
Total Comments 2119 (Senior)
User ID 55121

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 17, 2014, 19:26 BobBob

Rain? What is rain? Google searching. Water from the sky. Understood. It's an endangered species here. We need rain. We really need rain. I mean, we really need it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 17, 2014, 15:57 BobBob

Only around $500? I would have attempted 50 to 100 K at least. It's a short domain name. It's a .com. It's most likely a potential movie title, quote, or book. It's culturally significant. Watch the winner resell it for a big profit.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 17, 2014, 15:51 BobBob

I use a social GPS daily but I never understood the police warning. Why do I care if there are police? I'm a very grandma driver -- not much choice, going over 30 MPH + in LA for any extended period of time is unlikely.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2014, 13:08 BobBob

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2014, 13:39.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $46M; May End Stretch Goals
42. Re: Star Citizen Hits $46M; May End Stretch Goals Jun 13, 2014, 15:29 BobBob

Cabezone wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 01:17:
If you go through Cutters history you'll find they're all well thought out...he's highly intellectual and has a great sense of humor.

Fixed.

This comment was edited on Jun 13, 2014, 15:37.

News Comments > Carmack-Free QuakeCon
9. Re: Carmack-Free QuakeCon Jun 13, 2014, 00:13 BobBob

The captain has left the ship.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
15. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 11, 2014, 17:20 BobBob

The best part of having seen so many Star Trek episodes is that I get every joke on the The Big Bang Theory.  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 3, 2014, 00:08 BobBob

Someone will come up with a tech to beam advertising straight into our minds. At that point the Internet will start to become some weird retro old school way of information gathering; eventually, a tiny scribble in the history books.

This comment was edited on Jun 3, 2014, 00:21.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
21. Re: Morning Metaverse May 29, 2014, 21:22 BobBob

Met Mr. Burton at a local radio show. He demonstrated the visor. Nice guy.

The Code Conference was taking place very close to home!

This comment was edited on May 29, 2014, 21:31.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 28, 2014, 03:26 BobBob

Very upsetting. It's my home town. I didn't know the victims, yet it feels like someme killed members of my family. It's hard to watch the news with dry eyes. Heavy heart.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2014, 02:59 BobBob

Devastated by what has happened in my home town Santa Barbara. Considering returning to Europe. Too many crazies with guns in the USA.

News Comments > ZeniMax Sues Oculus
33. Re: ZeniMax Sues Oculus May 22, 2014, 19:07 BobBob

I declare this entire discussion void. We all love Carmack and owe to him our nerdistic FPS gaming allegiance. It's impossible to be unbiased.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2014, 14:22 BobBob

Get Smart was genius. Loved watching it as a kid. Still do.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2014, 19:52 BobBob

Was 73 F here on the beach.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2014, 15:18 BobBob

There is hope.

http://waterfx.co/

45. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2014, 20:12 BobBob

You can stand there, smell the garbage, or play in the garbage. Or you can toss the garbage, even better, recycle it. Your choice.

Thinking about bad things doesn't make them go away.

This comment was edited on May 15, 2014, 20:36.

43. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2014, 20:03 BobBob

You are welcome to wallow in your self entitled misery. I use self entitled in the sense that you come across as a person that believes he should have been that person who had this or that background instead of being grateful for what he has now (food, shelter, and an Internet connection) and going for it. I can only hope my post will help someone who is considering taking the leap.  

41. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2014, 19:17 BobBob

Beamer wrote on May 15, 2014, 18:58:
More whining ...

The next decade or century will be known as the age of the entrepreneur. The lack of company and corporate jobs will force people to do this. I'm not referring to entrepreneur millionaires. A person going door to door washing vehicles is an entrepreneur. The kid selling lemonade is an entrepreneur. The word too often implies getting rich quick. It used to be called 'running a small business' or 'contracting'. Every mom and pop shop, food vendor, painter, plumber, freelance consultant, house cleaner, gardener (who works on contract) is an entrepreneur. Do you recall the merchants and artisans in history class? They were entrepreneurs. Blue's News is entrepreneurial.

Labor intensive skills will slowly be replaced by robotics and AI. If you want to succeed, you will need to learn to service, develop or provide on a level that requires business acumen. Everyone can jump on this ladder. How high you start is simply a matter of motivation. Those from a higher education often have more motivation due to encouragement from mentors and peers. You can still do this on your own. Just be prepared to start at the bottom, forcing yourself to be somewhat obsessive to self motivate.

Start your own business. It doesn't need make millions in the first year. The business can be something as drastic as a new invention or as simple as selling small items or providing a niche service. Search for a need or an idea. Think about your everyday consumables and activities. Ponder what can be improved, serviced, or provided. The business idea is right in front of you. You don't need a higher education to start it nor do you need it to be successful. If you build it or sell it, they will come. Think positive. If you feel the passion, the success is sure to follow. The most important piece of advice I can provide is to surround yourself with people smarter than you. Make sure they are people that you can respect. Make good use of their talents -- be it employees, contractors, friends or simply mentors for advice. Don't pass too much judgement on what they do, just learn why they are happy doing it.

This comment was edited on May 15, 2014, 19:48.

38. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2014, 18:25 BobBob

Beamer wrote on May 15, 2014, 18:17:
Jealous rant of other people's success with further ranting excuses of why not me.

Cutter is right.

25. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2014, 14:25 BobBob

jdreyer wrote on May 15, 2014, 13:55:

I have a friend with a Model S. They are pretty magical. And the torque on that thing is incredible. 0-60 in 4.0s

Not spending money on gas is quite appealing. Having a sports car in LA is a complete waste of money. Good luck driving over 30 MPH, including the freeway, for an extended period of time.

2119 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo