Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob Bob

Real Name Bob Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BobBob
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Bob Smith
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 30, 2009, 05:12
Total Comments 2484 (Senior)
User ID 55121

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 3, 2015, 14:51 BobBob

Blue wrote on Jun 3, 2015, 07:03:
Julio wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 20:45:
BobBob wrote on Jun 2, 2015, 13:16:
Shelf the hurt ego and whining and put the dog on a leash.

I'm with Bob on this one. Off your property, use a leash or go to a designated leash free dog park. Too many dog owners think it's great to have their dog plow over little kids and shit on people's lawns.

Any other suggestions from you and BobBob on how to not get on people's wrong sides?

I already copped to being in the wrong.

Despite my “Internet Persona”, the person I am in real life is probably quite different. When it comes to dealing with people outside my own home I have a few basic principles or habits. I've developed these from fairly bad real life experiences.

Treat everyone as if they deserve a high amount of respect. Examples: Always smile and wave, open doors for ladies, and listen to men and women who think they are right, even if you disagree with them. I rarely ever say anything negative about a person or the surroundings to that person or to other strangers. Most people will would probably say I'm a nice person,

Never share personal information. I'll bet if you sat in a room of my acquaintances (neighbors, business partners, utility workers, customer service reps from grocery stores, parks, etc.), they might remember my first name (possibly last name), have a vague idea of where I live. They will simply say he's very polite and a good listener.

Live in a constant state of empathy. If you believe you might be both in the right, give the other person the right of way. Unless it's going to have an adverse affect on your life, money, or personal health or safety, there is no point in fighting for that parking space, right to turn, last piece of cake, etc. Constantly ask yourself, if I was my neighbor or that stranger, would I be annoyed with my behavior?

Always follow the laws and rules (mores) — no matter how stupid they seem to you. There are two reasons for this. The first is because most of the time the law was created to make people behave cooperatively in an uncertain environment. This goes for most rules and laws —- especially traffic safety or matters of conduct in the public space. The second is because if you follow the law, and there is a legal confrontation, you will always be in the right in a court of law. There is a third matter, if you believe the law is stupid, then advocate, write, or represent yourself and others at city council meetings or wherever the laws are written. Get involved in the civil process if you believe something is wrong. You might be surprised how many others feel the sameway and are simply waiting for someone with a strong enough voice to represent them.

Rarely argue with strangers, especially if it doesn't 'really' matter and will not make the other person happy. It's one thing to have an anonymous discussion out of principle, but it's never wise to get into a dispute with a stranger. The person might be crazy, carry a gun, follow you home, spread 'believable' gossip, or who knows what else. There is always someone crazier than you are. If the person becomes a nuisance never hesitate to call the police, but also never confront the person yourself —- unless it's a life or death situation —- or defending another human being in such a situation. There is no shame in calling the police no matter how petty you may consider the problem. They are being paid to intervene and protect you from crazies. It's your tax dollars at work.

So that's my philosophy on public living. I don't know if I addressed your question.

As to your current situation, since you never know if that guy is around, I suggest carrying a cell phone and be ready to record any confrontation. If he tries anything, hurry back home (or to a neighbor's house or a safe location) and call the police. If you believe he's still around, and might be a threat, take someone else with you so that you have witness.

Thumbsup

Don't like my post? Submit a complaint
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2015, 13:16 BobBob

In Eastern Europe the dogs run the streets. I was attacked by one. It's a scary place to be. You never know where a pack of dogs will be. Shelf the hurt ego and whining and put the dog on a leash. When people obey the laws we remain a civilized society.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2015, 10:25 BobBob

Cutter wrote on May 26, 2015, 10:30:
Tomorrowland exposes Hollywood's originality problem? Really? And not the last 20 years of rebooting everything under the sun? They don't count. It's all just started with Tomorrowland has it?

Didn't read the article ?

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2015, 21:23 BobBob

It was warmer here in the winter than it is now.  

News Comments > NASCAR '15 and Demo Released
9. Re: NASCAR '15 and Demo Released May 22, 2015, 13:08 BobBob

When are they going to update Trailer Park Manager? I can only get my sims to drink alcohol, play loud music and have sex with close relatives.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 22, 2015, 11:55 BobBob

Should happen this year too: http://youtu.be/W5LIjUFr9n4  

24. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2015, 22:03 BobBob

Sepharo wrote on May 15, 2015, 20:42:
I was just saying in another forum that growing up in the 90s in the suburbs everyone left their doors unlocked during the day if they were home. If you were a kid at the door you were seen as being obnoxious if you knocked or rang the doorbell, you were expected to just come right in.

If someone came to my house that I grew up in and just walked in, my mom (yes, I said mom) would have aimed a shotgun at the person. This was growing up in the Santa Barbara area. She worked for law enforcement agencies, so that might have been why.

This comment was edited on May 15, 2015, 23:18.

19. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2015, 18:16 BobBob

Cutter wrote on May 15, 2015, 17:41:

You're the one that lives in California and hangs out at muscle beach so I thought it was your cup of tea. That aside there are plenty of septuagenarians out there that are more spry and in far better shape than the fat lazy youth of today. How much can you bench?

I don't like Venice Beach. It's too ghetto for my taste. The beaches I go to tend to be fairly empty or mainly full of locals.

I have no idea how much I bench. I don't lift weights. My legs are the strongest part of my body, besides my heart. An example of one of the roads I ride (not my video): http://youtu.be/56YNRJ47PY8

The fun part is going down the hills. Another video (again, not mine, and the music is annoying): http://youtu.be/PK1YHDy6oQs

This comment was edited on May 15, 2015, 21:55.

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2015, 17:18 BobBob

Cutter wrote on May 15, 2015, 16:20:
BobBob wrote on May 15, 2015, 13:39:
By the time a person gets to be about 70'ish he/she has typically lost any enjoyable life function. Might as well sip the elixir and make a donation to Soylent.

82 year old bodybuilder Jim Arrington would disagree with you

I won't ask why you're watching male bodybuilder videos.

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2015, 13:39 BobBob

By the time a person gets to be about 70'ish he/she has typically lost any enjoyable life function. Might as well sip the elixir and make a donation to Soylent.  

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black May 15, 2015, 13:33 BobBob

The trailer seemed to give away any potential plot twists (if any existed). Now I don't have to bother watching the show at all - as if that was going to happen.  

29. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2015, 19:21 BobBob

jdreyer wrote on May 12, 2015, 18:37:
BobBob wrote on May 12, 2015, 14:27:
http://www.cnet.com/how-to/use-a-toothpick-to-clean-out-your-iphone/
Could use compressed air too.

Like where it says that in the article that you likely didn't read, but only responded to the text in the link?

Connect the charger and see if it works. Still having problems? Try cleaning the port out again, but this time use a can of compressed air. Alternative options for toothpicks include using a SIM-card tool, a bobby pin, or a small needle.

22. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2015, 17:54 BobBob

Consider carefully cleaning the power port. Better to start with minor cleaning fixes, then move on to more complex solutions later if the simple ones don't work. If the phone isn't getting any plug-in power it won't start up normally without the forced reboot. Also, you might want to call your phone company's tech support or call Apple. They can perform a diagnostic (via a text message permission request) over the phone. It will tell them a few things such as the battery's current usage lifespan. If you find that that phone is dying after say 15 / 20% (going from there to zero to off), it's likely the battery is dying (nearing full consumption). Good luck! Thumbsup

This comment was edited on May 12, 2015, 18:27.

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2015, 19:26 BobBob

I dread Mother's Day. Thanks mom for all yelling, screaming, name calling, and emotional abuse! There should be a license required before people have children. It should only to be granted if the potential parent is confirmed mentally-emotionally fit after having had extensive psychological analysis and testing.

This comment was edited on May 8, 2015, 19:32.

23. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2015, 13:23 BobBob

jdreyer wrote on May 7, 2015, 16:11:
BobBob wrote on May 7, 2015, 02:01:
This was filmed nearby where I live. Thumbsup

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=RWQ-dnpplaA

So you're Jonny Lieberman?

No. I said it was filmed nearby where I live. I didn't say I participated in the making of the film.

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2015, 02:01 BobBob

This was filmed nearby where I live. Thumbsup

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=RWQ-dnpplaA

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
45. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 14:27 BobBob

jdreyer wrote on May 6, 2015, 13:03:
BobBob wrote on May 6, 2015, 11:07:
I hope VR usage catches on and people stay indoors. That means more space for me outside.

Because outside is already so crowded? There are already plenty of indoor distractions, I can't imagine this will keep people in who aren't already inside.

I'll take some pictures when it gets crowded at the beach during inland heatwaves or summer time. Tourists ... Angry

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
18. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 11:07 BobBob

I hope VR usage catches on and people stay indoors. That means more space for me outside.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 28, 2015, 13:31 BobBob

Silicon Avatar wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 10:13:
Pretty sure NASA creating warp bubbles will be reported by a better authority than some site that also advertises that I can fix my vision with eyeball yoga.

Was wondering the same.

2484 Comments. 125 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo