Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob Bob

Real Name Bob Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BobBob
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Bob Smith
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 30, 2009, 05:12
Total Comments 2397 (Senior)
User ID 55121

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May
35. Re: NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May Mar 5, 2015, 12:06 BobBob

Rolleyes
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 11:44:
loomy wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 07:50:
let's take a poll, guys. these are the people who have used GRID and therefore know what they're talking about:

loomy

no one else? has not ONE of you blowhards used GRID? silence from the crowd.
So, how did nvidia manage to overcome the speed of light in transmitting control inputs to prevent input lag in action games?

I suspect ...

Don't like my post? Submit a complaint
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2015, 11:35 BobBob

Verno wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 11:28:
Something about your upcoming vacation from here perhaps?

It's hard to take a real vacation unless I want to take a break from beautiful ocean views and nearly perfect weather.

News Comments > EA Closing Maxis?
23. Re: EA Closing Maxis? Mar 5, 2015, 11:25 BobBob

Dynamix, Westwood Studios, Big Huge Games, THQ, (Carmack leaving id Software), and now Maxis ... it's the end of times!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2015, 11:11 BobBob

Hmm what kind of off-topic wrench to throw in there. This may take some deep contemplation.  

News Comments > NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May
33. Re: NVIDIA SHIELD Console Announced; GRID Launch in May Mar 5, 2015, 10:51 BobBob

4K resolution, ray-traced, chess and checkers.  

News Comments > Syndicate Free on Origin
10. Re: Syndicate Free on Origin Mar 4, 2015, 13:59 BobBob

Blahman wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 22:19:
Check out Satellite Reign: http://store.steampowered.com/app/268870/

Modern spiritual successor to Syndicate.

Thanks for that. Syndicate is one of my favorite games. Thumbsup

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2015, 12:41 BobBob

This is a good warning! I have no idea how old my smoke detectors are since they came with the house. I will change them. Thank you! Thumbsup  

News Comments > Syndicate Free on Origin
5. Re: Syndicate Free on Origin Mar 4, 2015, 00:48 BobBob

Remember the trick of leaving the game running overnight to get a lot of credit / research? It ran in real time -- if I recall correctly.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 3, 2015, 13:23 BobBob

InBlack wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 10:03:
Ford is also a conundrum. He hated working with Scott & thought the movie would bomb (which in a way it initially did), why did he sign up for a sequel? Revenge?

Property taxes? Money?

19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 2, 2015, 17:22 BobBob

Does Costco expect me to open up another credit card? No way ... that's a credit rating killer. Time to consider ending this membership.  

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Free
25. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Free Mar 2, 2015, 15:50 BobBob

A long time ago, I e-mailed Epic an "Unreal" question. Mr. Sweeney quickly responded. It was very cool! I like him. Thumbsup  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 2, 2015, 13:23 BobBob

Speaking of traffic safety, what I'm really tired of is my fellow bicyclists riding through stop signs and red-lights and then whining about car drivers ignoring or mistreating them. I stop at every stop sign and red-light. It's safer and better exercise. If the complaint is it takes too long to ride from one place to another, the solution is simple -- leave earlier.

00:18 - 00:20 - It looks like the truck driver was intentionally speeding up once she was merging in front of him. He should have slowed down at that point and gave her space. Now that's just a matter of driving courtesy and etiquette. Legally she might be in the wrong for passing without enough 'seconds' and 'feet' in front of the other driver on the left. There are specific rules about that and she probably violated them.

P.S. It rained heavy with thunder earlier today. Now it's nice and sunny -- green plants, clean air and rainbows.

This comment was edited on Mar 2, 2015, 13:31.

News Comments > Fallout 4 Announcement at E3?
21. Re: Fallout 4 Announcement at E3? Mar 2, 2015, 12:42 BobBob

We need another version with the same pseudo-isometric style as the originals.  

34. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 19:26 BobBob

Jivaro,

That was a very well though-out and helpful response. It added a lot of balance and insight to the discussion. Thank you. Thumbsup

P.S. It makes me rethink my prior stance on the subject.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 19:15 BobBob

nin wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 18:42:
WarPig wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 16:38:
Blue, sorry if you think I'm "feeding the troll" (and maybe I am) but I honestly think BobBob must really think that in discussing someone's death we're elevating them above "normal" people or something.

But it's not just celebrities. It's also the weather, or whatever everyone else is discussing. People will be talking about something, and he comes in and drops a turd in the middle of the conversation. That's his one trick...

You can just ignore me. If others didn't want to respond they would ignore me too. Apparently, I'm adding some value to the conversation(s).

31. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 19:14 BobBob

WarPig wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 18:08:
It's one thing to earn fame for doing something great that benefits mankind (educating, inspiring, sacrificing, inventing, etc.), it's another thing to seek fame for the sake of being famous.

So does anything having to do with the arts (movies, music, etc.) count to you?

Of course. I'm merely conveying that I believe the fame should be as result of quality, impact, education, invention or inspiration not just for the sake of spamming, influencing, shocking, or making controversial for the sake of becoming known and gaining advertising hits or making someone rich.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 17:55 BobBob

WarPig wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 17:42:
Okay.

Obviously, you don't like celebrities. Are you saying that not one of them ever deserved to be mourned or remembered? Is it just actors or is it any famous person?

It's one thing to earn fame for doing something great that benefits mankind (educating, inspiring, sacrificing, inventing, etc.), it's another thing to seek fame for the sake of being famous. Most celebrities today (and many in the past) fall under the latter, though I'm sure there are a few exceptions.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 17:20 BobBob

harlock wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 17:09:

21. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 17:01 BobBob

WarPig wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 17:00:
No, you didn't get what I'm saying at all.

Okay ... ?

19. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 16:47 BobBob

WarPig wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 16:38:
Blue, sorry if you think I'm "feeding the troll" (and maybe I am) but I honestly think BobBob must really think that in discussing someone's death we're elevating them above "normal" people or something.

Why are you apologizing for giving your opinion and being involved in this discussion? Why do you feel the need for pre-approval or feel the need to excuse yourself for posting? What are you afraid of?

Your summary is very close to what I'm saying. I find it discouraging and inauthentic that our culture mourns the death of a person who plays imaginary characters and at the same-time shrugs at the daily death of people who live normal quiet lives. Narcissistic celebrity, make-believe, behavior triumphs over humble behind the scenes contributions. I feel if the opposite were true we'd become a thoughtful people, who cherished and respected people for every kind and helpful act -- no matter the scale or the impact. If it were the case - using cliche examples - the death of say a school teacher or firefighter would be considered equally (or possibly more) tragic than that of a celebrity or sports figure.

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 2015, 17:04.

2397 Comments. 120 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo