Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob Bob

Real Name Bob Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BobBob
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Bob Smith
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 30, 2009, 05:12
Total Comments 2118 (Senior)
User ID 55121

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue
58. Re: MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue May 23, 2013, 13:32 BobBob

The Linux community needs to develop an OSI type model that everyone agrees to. If this happens there will be a standardized approach that should be fairly distro neutral, default based, and universally compatible. I imagine that Valve is pushing this with Steam support for Linux applications. This is purely conjecture on my part.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Atari Fire Sale
24. Re: Atari Fire Sale May 23, 2013, 13:27 BobBob

Anything sad about Atari makes me feel sad. The gamer in me really treasures Atari and what they have done for all of us. Get well Atari!  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Tech Trailer
5. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Tech Trailer May 23, 2013, 13:19 BobBob

The Quake 3 engine is still one of the most stable and efficient engines. Especially when the open source crowd fixes the exploits and bugs.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 22, 2013, 17:25 BobBob

Perhaps it will provide easier access to the Start Menu.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced
13. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced May 22, 2013, 17:24 BobBob

Lost me at turn-based. Zzzz  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Trailers
12. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Trailers May 22, 2013, 13:26 BobBob

Does this represent the Xbox One? The graphics do not impress. So far the next gen consoles do not seem to provide any graphical improvement over older Nvidia demos. Nothing looks realistic. When will that happen?

This comment was edited on May 22, 2013, 13:45.

News Comments > Game Servers Vulnerable?
2. Re: Game Servers Vulnerable? May 22, 2013, 09:35 BobBob

If I recall this has been around for a long time with various game engines over the years. Firewall settings can typically prevent this. Once the engine goes open source, the vulnerabilities are squashed - like ioQuake3. This is why PC gamers should support open source gaming.

Also, support companies like Valve that make constant updates and care about the product and gaming community.

This comment was edited on May 22, 2013, 13:21.

News Comments > Xbox One Announced
14. Re: Xbox One Announced May 21, 2013, 15:15 BobBob

WASD and mouse are the best way to play first person shooters. I can't imagine using a controller.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. May 21, 2013, 12:54 BobBob

Frank Klepacki is a musical genius. Besides just the game music, his independent albums are amazing and well worth the purchase.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse May 21, 2013, 12:51 BobBob

Between rabbit ears (over 40 channels, most in HD) and the library, I never pay to watch television shows or movies.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
36. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 12:42 BobBob

Cutter wrote on May 21, 2013, 12:33:
People should live in geodisic domes. Much more efficient all around.

Only if they renew at 30!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vfLUb8XdzY

News Comments > Neverwinter Exploit Fixed; Diablo III Exploit Revisited
6. Re: Neverwinter Exploit Fixed; Diablo III Exploit Revisited May 21, 2013, 12:27 BobBob

Fuck that loser! Never Forget!  

News Comments > PlanetSide Going F2P
8. Re: PlanetSide Going F2P May 21, 2013, 12:25 BobBob

Every MMO eventually becomes that sick, old, dying cow that is difficult to milk. They just keep trying until it tips over.  

27. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 11:45 BobBob

Creston wrote on May 21, 2013, 11:19:
Edit : Mythbusters actually tested the wood vs brick thing in an earthquake in last week's episode, and it was incredible. I expected the wood house to crumble like a cookie, and it just kept happily standing. The brick house got torn to shreds.

Creston

Yep, that's very true. It is better to have it flexible and absorb the shock than break or crack. As to tornadoes, I'd rather take my chances with a flying piece of wood than a flying brick. Both cases are arguments for lighter building materials. It's the same with cars, better to let it take all the damage, crumple up, and and save the driver.

Besides my opinions that people need to move away from severe weather areas, I am glad to see you are safe. Now move west!

20. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 11:17 BobBob

nevermind

This comment was edited on May 21, 2013, 16:33.

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 10:55 BobBob

Verno wrote on May 21, 2013, 10:49:
There are many advantages to living in those areas like natural resources and the weather events tend to be more rare than people realize. There are hundreds of tornados recorded every year but most are not very destructive or occur outside of population zones.

Boiling hot summers, freezing and snowy winters, the rest of the seasons are humid with bugs. Not seeing the advantage here.

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2013, 10:43 BobBob

nevermind

This comment was edited on May 21, 2013, 16:32.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
27. Re: Morning Mobilization May 20, 2013, 16:11 BobBob

Person:

A) A kids throws a baseball, 3 strikes, takes out the batter. Good job! You saw how the pros do it. You can do it too! You can aspire to be great! The crowd joins in cheering the kid.

B) A kid throws a baseball, 3 strikes, takes out the batter. You just copied that guy you saw on TV! You are so fake! You do not deserve any sort of praise. I cannot believe anyone would cheer you on!

Which person are you?

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2013, 15:20 BobBob

Where I live now it is 78F, sunny, with a nice sea breeze. It's like this all the time. You should move to Southern California. I've lived in other places all over the world. Most places are climatic prisons either partially or all of the time.  

2118 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo