Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob Bob

Real Name Bob Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BobBob
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Bob Smith
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 30, 2009, 05:12
Total Comments 2118 (Senior)
User ID 55121

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 2, 2013, 02:27 BobBob

Why watch so much TV? I prefer to read books on the tablet. The best source of dialogue based information is good old fashioned talk radio.

One of my favorite shows is The Dinner Party Download.

http://www.scpr.org/programs/dinner-party-download/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Stardock Lawsuits Settled
55. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 27, 2013, 23:20 BobBob

If it helps, I was sexually abused when I was a child. What's the point of my sharing this? There are worse things in life.  

53. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 27, 2013, 23:00 BobBob

draginol wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 22:47:
You're lucky Blue let you back on and you turn around write this?

You're right. It's none of my business. I was in the wrong for saying that. I apologize. I personally would be afraid of an employee's 'psycho relative' going after me. That is how I meant it. But I'm afraid of people in general. Too many crazies out there (just watch the recent news).

News Comments > Steam Controller Announced
15. Re: Into the Black Sep 27, 2013, 21:58 BobBob

Controller!?!? Come on Valve .. I need my keyboard/mouse.

What's missing from the touch-screen and Kinect method is tactical feedback. There needs to be a way for the user's brain (or finger tips) to feel a sensation of resistance, otherwise it's near impossible to have precise movement and reaction.

AIREAL is on the right track; it just needs to be done microscopically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAFhkdGtHck 0:44

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 2013, 22:12.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
39. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 27, 2013, 17:35 BobBob

InBlack wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 06:29:
Thick skin and all that, I mean seriously if internet trolls get your panties in a bunch, then how the fuck do you even walk out of your door to face Real Life every single day?

A real person is likely to get punched in the face.

News Comments > GTA Online Microtransactions Confirmed
25. Re: GTA Online Microtransactions Confirmed Sep 26, 2013, 23:22 BobBob

I should be thankful for these kinds of games. The more people playing games at home, the more room I have on the beach to myself.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 26, 2013, 21:55 BobBob

I use an iPad a lot for business and reading. Still, for pure productivity, nothing compares to a keyboard and mouse.  

28. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 26, 2013, 21:29 BobBob

Cutter wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 20:41:
Blue's house, his rules. I've always respected it even though I haven't always agreed with it.

I got banned here once for excessive trolling. I deserved it. I pleaded with Blue to let me back and he did. I love this site and the community. Blue himself is great and deserves a lot of respect. I realize I tread the fence quite often. I'm just a highly opinionated person. I'm sure I even seem anti-gamer. It's not the case. I hate consoles, MMOs, and basically anything that creates brainless, basement dwelling, obese zombies. I really like FPS games or anything that requires developing skill. I believe if a game or hobby interferes with a person's ability to personally grow, physical health, or the ability to make real-life friends, it has to go -- I'm looking at you MMOs.

... /end rambling

20. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 26, 2013, 18:57 BobBob

It's a bit more complicated than that. Google.  

18. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 26, 2013, 18:37 BobBob

From the article:

What followed was as depressing a flood of vicious and hateful comments as you'll ever see, mostly of course directed at Petit because of her gender.

What gender is that exactly?

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 26, 2013, 18:13 BobBob

I need to start crowdfunding my retirement.  

News Comments > X Rebirth Trading Trailer
22. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 18:11 BobBob

The only space game that held my attention longer than a few days was Freelancer. Most just get extremely boring, repetitive, and vacuous. Freelancer got the same way, it just took a little longer.  

13. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 26, 2013, 15:30 BobBob

People who cry free speech need to read the First Amendment.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/bill_of_rights_transcript.html

Unless the moderator, company, or host is a member of Congress, there is no violation of the First Amendment.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2013, 15:25 BobBob

I have never had a cavity.  

50. Re: Stardock Lawsuits Settled Sep 26, 2013, 04:05 BobBob

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 24, 2013, 20:04:
Sexual harassment is still sexual harassment and it is up to the individual to determine whether they consider it acceptable. Brad's behaviour was absolutely disgusting and I think she was completely justified in what she did.

Agreed. He's lucky her bf or husband didn't attempt his own form of justice.

News Comments > New AMD WHQL & Beta Drivers
10. Re: New AMD WHQL & Beta Drivers Sep 19, 2013, 20:32 BobBob

StaTik wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 19:45:
3dfx ownz joo 2!

I miss those days.

News Comments > SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games
42. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2013, 20:27 BobBob

LurkerLito wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 19:28:
You know there is no way you can bring a class-action suit anymore to ANY company right? You agreed to that when you agreed to the ToS or EULA. Every single one of them has that anti-class-action suit clause in it now. So they can go ban happy and each person has to represent themselves to an arbiter who Sony pays for FYI. So justice ha, good luck with that. Everyone thank the judges who said it's OK to click away certain rights in ToS and EULAs that 95% of people don't read and majority of probably wouldn't understand even if they did.

I wonder if this has ever been tested. Has someone tried and failed due to the TOS or EULA?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 19, 2013, 18:41 BobBob

The new animations are killing my brain. What's next, dancing characters in iBooks?  

News Comments > SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games
28. Re: SOE: Twitter Abusers Can Be Banned from Games Sep 19, 2013, 18:32 BobBob

The simple answer to Twitter abuse is displayable and authenticated home address information; possibly limited to designated moderators. Most online bullies hide behind anonymity. If you take that away, they will think twice before posting. Virtual communication needs to be merged with the harsh consequences of real life interaction.  

News Comments > New AMD WHQL & Beta Drivers
6. Re: New AMD WHQL & Beta Drivers Sep 19, 2013, 18:28 BobBob

The Intel + Nvidia combination are still the best for PC gaming. Better drivers and performance. I have yet to see this proven wrong.  

2118 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo