Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob Bob

Real Name Bob Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BobBob
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Bob Smith
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 30, 2009, 05:12
Total Comments 2457 (Senior)
User ID 55121

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 18, 2014, 16:10 BobBob

Why not just plan well ahead and rent a car? It can be cheaper and keeps you in 100% control.  
Don't like my post? Submit a complaint
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Human Element Drops F2P; Breaks from Nexon
3. Re: Human Element Drops F2P; Breaks from Nexon Nov 17, 2014, 23:18 BobBob

Other news sites (from a quick Google of course, BlueNews for life!) mention layoffs. Have there been?  

News Comments > Goat Simulator Free MMO Expansion Thursday
21. Re: removed Nov 17, 2014, 16:09 BobBob

This needs some kind of 'Sudden Impact' scenario, where the goat takes vengeance upon the goatherders for years of * REMOVED * abuse. Extra points if you manage to lodge your horns into the goatherder's * REMOVED * .  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
23. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 15, 2014, 02:31 BobBob

Do these people have any outdoor hobbies? Seems all they do is sit around, write, blog and rant, clacking at their keyboards in a dark room.

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 2014, 03:16.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Walmart to price-match Amazon and other online retailers -- still a hellish nightmare Nov 14, 2014, 11:10 BobBob

https://www.pinterest.com/calpaldale/attention-walmart-shoppers/  

14. Re: Benjanun Sriduangkaew Nov 14, 2014, 10:46 BobBob

Dmitri_M wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 04:57:
The internet breeds misanthropic behavior

Quoted for truth. Also, don't believe most of what you see or read on the Internet. Thumbsup

3. Re: Benjanun Sriduangkaew Nov 13, 2014, 20:50 BobBob

Internet drama. Movingalong  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $61M
20. Re: Star Citizen Passes $61M Nov 13, 2014, 14:19 BobBob

As the funds increase do the employees get extra or increased bonuses? Would be nice for them as the game development world is quite fickle.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2014, 14:16 BobBob

RIP Ms. Susi.

For me the show has lost a bit of its charm. It seems less nerdy and more like episodes of the show "Friends". They need to return to the older, more complicated yet less dramatic, content.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Forbes - Congratulations Ubisoft, You're The New EA Nov 13, 2014, 14:13 BobBob

I was taught to vote with my money if I didn't like something. There are plenty of independent developers, that truly care about the customer and the product, that deserve our money. All this ranting is simply free publicity.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P)
5. Re: Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P) Nov 11, 2014, 20:06 BobBob

Shok wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 19:23:
The only thing I didn't like about JC2 was doing the same missions over and over with the same music, etc. It was still a blast but after doing it for hours it started to wear on me. Hopefully, the new game spices it up more and that won't happen.

Definitely looking forward to this and GTA5 for PC next year.

It's a pervasive problem with just about all sandbox style games. I'm not sure how they can fix it. It will take a brilliant game developer to apply a dialectical method and create an emergent style that is neither linear nor sandbox.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 11, 2014, 15:46 BobBob

Thank you for protecting us! Salute  

36. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2014, 20:51 BobBob

Creston wrote on Nov 10, 2014, 20:16:
Yeah it's irritating. I typically just download videos I want to watch, just to avoid the buffering. But when big game releases come out, it's always a question of "when can I start downloading?"

Have you checked out the local public library? Where I live the library has a gigantic selection of videos and carries all the new DVD and Blu-ray releases. Even if the library charges a rental fee, at least you are supporting the library.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2014, 18:05 BobBob

According to an online calculator I'm only in the top 3 to 7%. I need to make more money.  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 10, 2014, 14:08 BobBob

Need to order a few items from Amazon.com. Will use your link. Thanks. Thumbsup  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2014, 15:09 BobBob

http://tinyurl.com/WeatherImmunity  

7. Re: Road Rage Nov 7, 2014, 12:46 BobBob

Everyone was too chicken and didn't confront the person? I seem to be the only (stupid) one willing to take the risk and confront a person that is playing music too loud, using a cell phone in a theater, smoking near by me or just generally being rude.

So far it has worked. The person will stop and typically apologizes. Though I wonder if I'll get shot someday for it. I can't control myself. I have to stop the bad behavior. Snobby

49. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2014, 16:55 BobBob

jdreyer wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 16:06:
The point is GG specifically and women's issues in general were not a big issue in this election. I listed five important issues to the electorate below in response to Bobbob. That wasn't among them. You're trying to imply a connection. I'm saying there isn't one (or at least the influence was minuscule), because those things are well down on most people's lists of issues.

Most likely you are 100% correct. I'll bet women issues will climb to the very top if Hillary runs in 2016.

BTW: Do you go to Balboa Park much? One of my favorite places in San Diego.

47. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2014, 16:37 BobBob

Prez wrote on Nov 6, 2014, 08:14:
That's just it. Big business and big money are running the show in Congress, and that can easily lead to legislation and regulation unfriendly to small business, the middle class, and society at large. So many people prefer gridlock.

Again, you are summarizing what I'm currently thinking.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2014, 19:54 BobBob

Prez wrote on Nov 5, 2014, 19:47:
That's a good list, but I think the fear of people who prefer gridlock is generally that in trying to fix problems 1 through 4 they will actually make it worse. The ACA (Obamacare as everyone calls it) is a good example. For everything it fixes it makes something else worse or creates a new problem. As far as number 5, I think there is a general fear that the government will go overboard in mandating extreme measures that may end up having no effect on the speed at which the earth is warming so it will just be more draconian and expensive regulation that does nothing but hurt businesses and put the screws to the common man.

That's a perfect summary of how I am thinking at this moment. I'm always open minded so if someone can prove that government can truly fix things without causing more harm or introducing more problems, I'm willing to read/listen.

2457 Comments. 123 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo