Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob Bob

Real Name Bob Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BobBob
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Bob Smith
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 30, 2009, 05:12
Total Comments 2421 (Senior)
User ID 55121

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 10:34 BobBob

Are there any kind of smoke detectors that connect to the Internet so that you can get an alert over your phone -- like a security camera's motion detection?  
Don't like my post? Submit a complaint
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2015, 14:56 BobBob

SimplyMonk wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 13:23:
BobBob wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 11:33:
Until then, I express my apologies to the Earth for the growing and destructive parasite known as mankind.

The Earth doesn't care. It was here a few billion years before we got here and will be here a few billion after until the sun gobbles it up. Any destruction we cause, we only cause to ourselves. We might give it a little scarring and some bruises, but it will probably get itself back to normal in a billion years or so after we kill ourselves.

Well, unless we open up a black hole or something. Then the Earth might care, but really, we'd only be cutting its life span by like 20% and it is doomed anyways.

"An ecosystem is a community of living organisms (plants, animals and microbes) in conjunction with the nonliving components of their environment (things like air, water and mineral soil), interacting as a system."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecosystem

"Earth Day is an annual event, celebrated on April 22, on which day events worldwide are held to demonstrate support for environmental protection. It was first celebrated in 1970, and is now coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network, and celebrated in more than 192 countries each year."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Day

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2015, 11:33 BobBob

Will celebrate Earth Day - in a split second - when a super volcano or asteroid causes an extinction level event. Until then, I express my apologies to the Earth for the growing and destructive parasite known as mankind.  

30. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2015, 02:20 BobBob

Met him in person in Kentucky. Wasn't impressed.

BTW: Still seeing my "wealthy" neighbors watering their lawns and plants during the daytime. No wonder why this area is up for 35% restriction.

I think eventually there will be an entire saline infrastructure and desalination will be done via private business and residence (or communities) using a combo of solar and household battery aystems. Once perfected, made to be efficient, and cost effective freshwater collection will be disallowed and made to return to the natural ecosystem.

The other thing (temporary measure) that will probably happen is forcing businesses that utilize a lot of water to come up with private interstate irrigation systems or face heavy tariffs or sanction.

This comment was edited on Apr 21, 2015, 02:41.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
33. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 13:27 BobBob

harlock wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 13:24:
BobBob wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 12:21:
And for those of us living near Los Angeles, we can save money and simply watch the local news for a similar entertainment value. Nothing quite compares to a live "Breaking News" story with a car chase taking place. Typically, one guy drives frantically from 20 to 100 + MPH in city streets having 15 police cars trailing behind him and helicopters buzzing overhead. It never ends well for the suspect.

what a sad life you have there

29. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 13:04 BobBob

jdreyer wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 12:53:
BobBob wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 12:21:
And for those of us living near Los Angeles, we can save money and simply watch the local news for a similar entertainment value. Nothing quite compares to a live "Breaking News" story with a car chase taking place. Typically, one guy drives frantically from 20 to 100 + MPH in city streets having 15 police cars trailing behind him and helicopters buzzing overhead. It never ends well for the suspect.

It's fine not to play this game, differen't strokes and all. But I'm curious what you're playing currently.

Often C&C style games. I jump into an occasional game of Quake here and there. I haven't seen any new games lately that make me want to buy them. It has to have a spark, intensity or unique character which I really can't articulate. My favorites are arcade style games like this or this and especially this.

21. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 12:21 BobBob

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 2015, 12:28.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2015, 11:06 BobBob

Verno wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 08:52:
BobBob wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 01:43:
Verno wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 15:16:
BobBob wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 14:58:
Verno wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 14:48:
I guess you never cared about your parents then.

That certainly is a mixed feeling having received food, shelter, education, and a lot of verbal-emotional abuse. Perhaps people that enjoy pets had a happy childhood. There might be a pattern or not.

Ironically I think you would enjoy owning a dog more than most, you should really consider it. They bring a lot of joy into your life and if you haven't had a great family upbringing then all the more so.

Maybe, I'll wait for a robot dog.

You can name him Skynet

Haha! In all seriousness, if I decide to look for a dog I'll check out the local shelter. I've heard it's good for the soul to adopt a rescue dog. Seeing hurt animals brings me to tears every-time. I'll have to try to be fairly thick-skinned if I go there.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2015, 01:43 BobBob

Verno wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 15:16:
BobBob wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 14:58:

That certainly is a mixed feeling having received food, shelter, education, and a lot of verbal-emotional abuse. Perhaps people that enjoy pets had a happy childhood. There might be a pattern or not.

Ironically I think you would enjoy owning a dog more than most, you should really consider it. They bring a lot of joy into your life and if you haven't had a great family upbringing then all the more so.

Maybe, I'll wait for a robot dog.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2015, 14:58 BobBob

14. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2015, 14:30 BobBob

Necrophob wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 14:10:
How dare they unconditionally love us!
Unconditionally dependent on the owner for food and shelter. Otherwise, I doubt it sincerely cares at all.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2015, 14:03 BobBob

Verno wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 13:54:
In many ways owning a pet isn't a bad beginners course in parenthood, much of the same principles about sacrifice and responsibility apply equally well.

When I was a kid I had cats, birds and fish but never to the point where they controlled my life or I felt they were equal to humans.

As to the dog being an introduction into parenting -- perhaps you're right but it seems to a bit wasteful to expend all that money, time and energy on an animal instead of say a human being's education who can possibly change the world. The dog has a very limited intelligence and I just don't see it inventing things, building things or coming up with insights that could improve human existence. I also don't see a dog taking care of an aging owner like a son or daughter would for a parent. It's doubtful the dog will work to provide the owner food, medicine and shelter.

This comment was edited on Apr 13, 2015, 14:08.

10. Re: Out of the BlueCanine Stomach Flu: The Contagious Norovirus Could Be Spread From Dog To Owner. Apr 13, 2015, 13:49 BobBob

People treat their dogs way too much like they are human beings. Quite often I see a person returning home quickly to feed the dog. Can't take a vacation, no one to take care of the dog. Can't go out, no one to dog-sit. Often I see a person walking a dog along the beach and having a full (imaginary) conversation with it - as if though the dog has any idea what the person is saying; or if it did understand, would care about what the person has to say. And don't get me started on dog poop and constant dog barking.

Dog ... dog ... dog ... Aaaaah! Dizzy

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 13, 2015, 13:40 BobBob

voltov wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 11:45:
Got laid off today so ya, Monday the 13th is definitely worse.

That sucks. What is your profession?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 8, 2015, 16:47 BobBob

Julio wrote on Apr 8, 2015, 16:35:
How would you even determine the medal winner?

All participants are 'winners'. The point is to demonstrate the ridiculousness of the notion expressed with a different challenge in another equally ludicrous situation.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 8, 2015, 14:42 BobBob

If playing video games can be considered a competitive sport, then masturbation should be entered into the Olympic Games.

10. Re: F-35 pilots to wear $400,000 helmets that can see through the plane Apr 3, 2015, 20:19 BobBob

Cutter wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 18:06:
Simon Says wrote on Apr 3, 2015, 15:18:
"F-35 pilots to wear $400,000 helmets that can see through the plane"

Won't save em from the craptastic underdelivering design.

California is running out of water but the MIIC needs to waste 400 billion on some shitty planes for a war that'll never happen.

The first rule of surviving any catastrophe .. famine .. drought ... arm yourself!

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2015, 13:46 BobBob

Spring for me is a season of pain and misery. No matter where I'm living I have non-stop allergies which always lead to a sinus infection. I feel like a zombie after taking so many pills yet my eyes are still burning constantly. I seem to sneeze randomly for no apparent reason. Hurry up summer!  

News Comments > Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned
8. Re: Sony Buys OnLive - Shutdown Planned Apr 3, 2015, 10:58 BobBob

Hehe  

11. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2015, 12:27 BobBob

Cutter wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 12:25:
Well it's supposed to hit 15 today and 10 tomorrow, but the next week is back into well below seasonal - below by 10 degrees on average, sigh - then the week after that looks like it's supposed to start getting back into the norms. Fingers effing crossed.

Celsius or Fahrenheit? (22 C today and 26 C tomorrow - here).

I wonder if my neighbors will stop washing their cars outside. I wonder if the water restrictions will really be enforced.

2421 Comments. 122 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo