Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob Bob

Real Name Bob Bob   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BobBob
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Bob Smith
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 30, 2009, 05:12
Total Comments 2434 (Senior)
User ID 55121

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black May 15, 2015, 13:33 BobBob

The trailer seemed to give away any potential plot twists (if any existed). Now I don't have to bother watching the show at all - as if that was going to happen.  
Don't like my post? Submit a complaint
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2015, 19:21 BobBob

jdreyer wrote on May 12, 2015, 18:37:
BobBob wrote on May 12, 2015, 14:27:
http://www.cnet.com/how-to/use-a-toothpick-to-clean-out-your-iphone/
Could use compressed air too.

Like where it says that in the article that you likely didn't read, but only responded to the text in the link?

Connect the charger and see if it works. Still having problems? Try cleaning the port out again, but this time use a can of compressed air. Alternative options for toothpicks include using a SIM-card tool, a bobby pin, or a small needle.

22. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2015, 17:54 BobBob

Consider carefully cleaning the power port. Better to start with minor cleaning fixes, then move on to more complex solutions later if the simple ones don't work. If the phone isn't getting any plug-in power it won't start up normally without the forced reboot. Also, you might want to call your phone company's tech support or call Apple. They can perform a diagnostic (via a text message permission request) over the phone. It will tell them a few things such as the battery's current usage lifespan. If you find that that phone is dying after say 15 / 20% (going from there to zero to off), it's likely the battery is dying (nearing full consumption). Good luck! Thumbsup

This comment was edited on May 12, 2015, 18:27.

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2015, 19:26 BobBob

I dread Mother's Day. Thanks mom for all yelling, screaming, name calling, and emotional abuse! There should be a license required before people have children. It should only to be granted if the potential parent is confirmed mentally-emotionally fit after having had extensive psychological analysis and testing.

This comment was edited on May 8, 2015, 19:32.

23. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2015, 13:23 BobBob

jdreyer wrote on May 7, 2015, 16:11:
BobBob wrote on May 7, 2015, 02:01:
This was filmed nearby where I live. Thumbsup

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=RWQ-dnpplaA

So you're Jonny Lieberman?

No. I said it was filmed nearby where I live. I didn't say I participated in the making of the film.

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 7, 2015, 02:01 BobBob

This was filmed nearby where I live. Thumbsup

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=RWQ-dnpplaA

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
45. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 14:27 BobBob

jdreyer wrote on May 6, 2015, 13:03:
BobBob wrote on May 6, 2015, 11:07:
I hope VR usage catches on and people stay indoors. That means more space for me outside.

Because outside is already so crowded? There are already plenty of indoor distractions, I can't imagine this will keep people in who aren't already inside.

I'll take some pictures when it gets crowded at the beach during inland heatwaves or summer time. Tourists ... Angry

News Comments > Oculus Rift in Q1 2016
18. Re: Oculus Rift in Q1 2016 May 6, 2015, 11:07 BobBob

I hope VR usage catches on and people stay indoors. That means more space for me outside.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 28, 2015, 13:31 BobBob

Silicon Avatar wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 10:13:
Pretty sure NASA creating warp bubbles will be reported by a better authority than some site that also advertises that I can fix my vision with eyeball yoga.

Was wondering the same.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 25, 2015, 02:42 BobBob

Creston wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 12:59:

*opens faucet*

"Hey look! Water!" :)

Haha! Good come-back! Thumbsup

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 13:07 BobBob

Creston wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 12:59:
I have a nest thermostat. Great little device. The amount of times I've left home, been halfway to work and thought "Shit, I didn't turn the heat/air down" have been too many to count. Used to be I'd sit at work irritated at heating/cooling my house for no reason. Now I just do a few taps on the phone and voila.

I don't think I'll need the thermostat. Open window, cool, close window, warm.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 11:10 BobBob

RoboNerd wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 10:46:
BobBob wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 10:34:
Are there any kind of smoke detectors that connect to the Internet so that you can get an alert over your phone -- like a security camera's motion detection?

I can see it now, your phone alerts you to your smart smoke detector going off, you log onto your ip camera in time to see your house burning to the ground. Fireman

The idea is to call the emergency number (or a neighbor if you have that kind of relationship) so that the fire can be stopped ASAP. Thumbsup

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 24, 2015, 10:34 BobBob

Are there any kind of smoke detectors that connect to the Internet so that you can get an alert over your phone -- like a security camera's motion detection?  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2015, 14:56 BobBob

SimplyMonk wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 13:23:
BobBob wrote on Apr 22, 2015, 11:33:
Until then, I express my apologies to the Earth for the growing and destructive parasite known as mankind.

The Earth doesn't care. It was here a few billion years before we got here and will be here a few billion after until the sun gobbles it up. Any destruction we cause, we only cause to ourselves. We might give it a little scarring and some bruises, but it will probably get itself back to normal in a billion years or so after we kill ourselves.

Well, unless we open up a black hole or something. Then the Earth might care, but really, we'd only be cutting its life span by like 20% and it is doomed anyways.

"An ecosystem is a community of living organisms (plants, animals and microbes) in conjunction with the nonliving components of their environment (things like air, water and mineral soil), interacting as a system."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecosystem

"Earth Day is an annual event, celebrated on April 22, on which day events worldwide are held to demonstrate support for environmental protection. It was first celebrated in 1970, and is now coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network, and celebrated in more than 192 countries each year."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Day

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 22, 2015, 11:33 BobBob

Will celebrate Earth Day - in a split second - when a super volcano or asteroid causes an extinction level event. Until then, I express my apologies to the Earth for the growing and destructive parasite known as mankind.  

30. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 21, 2015, 02:20 BobBob

Met him in person in Kentucky. Wasn't impressed.

BTW: Still seeing my "wealthy" neighbors watering their lawns and plants during the daytime. No wonder why this area is up for 35% restriction.

I think eventually there will be an entire saline infrastructure and desalination will be done via private business and residence (or communities) using a combo of solar and household battery aystems. Once perfected, made to be efficient, and cost effective freshwater collection will be disallowed and made to return to the natural ecosystem.

The other thing (temporary measure) that will probably happen is forcing businesses that utilize a lot of water to come up with private interstate irrigation systems or face heavy tariffs or sanction.

This comment was edited on Apr 21, 2015, 02:41.

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V
33. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 13:27 BobBob

harlock wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 13:24:
BobBob wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 12:21:
And for those of us living near Los Angeles, we can save money and simply watch the local news for a similar entertainment value. Nothing quite compares to a live "Breaking News" story with a car chase taking place. Typically, one guy drives frantically from 20 to 100 + MPH in city streets having 15 police cars trailing behind him and helicopters buzzing overhead. It never ends well for the suspect.

what a sad life you have there

29. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 13:04 BobBob

jdreyer wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 12:53:
BobBob wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 12:21:
And for those of us living near Los Angeles, we can save money and simply watch the local news for a similar entertainment value. Nothing quite compares to a live "Breaking News" story with a car chase taking place. Typically, one guy drives frantically from 20 to 100 + MPH in city streets having 15 police cars trailing behind him and helicopters buzzing overhead. It never ends well for the suspect.

It's fine not to play this game, differen't strokes and all. But I'm curious what you're playing currently.

Often C&C style games. I jump into an occasional game of Quake here and there. I haven't seen any new games lately that make me want to buy them. It has to have a spark, intensity or unique character which I really can't articulate. My favorites are arcade style games like this or this and especially this.

21. Re: Ship Ahoy - PC Grand Theft Auto V Apr 14, 2015, 12:21 BobBob

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 2015, 12:28.

2434 Comments. 122 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo