Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 565 (Apprentice)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Launch Event
5. Re: Heroes of the Storm Launch Event May 29, 2015, 17:45 Rhett

Yeah, I hate MOBAs and their toxic communities, but this game's pretty fun. Probably the easiest MOBA I've played, to get into, if you have little experience with one.

And it's not too hard to get more characters. Plus the 'free' roster every week keeps things fun.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands Drop Rate Increases
8. Re: Borderlands Drop Rate Increases May 27, 2015, 12:35 Rhett

I think you can also hex edit all the drop rates, so it's pretty nice... the legendary drop rate was exceptionally low for single players, which I don't get.

But this is only one of many long-term issues Borderlands had. Scaling being another major problem, along with getting one or two-shotted even with a decent shield.

News Comments > Overwatch McCree Trailer
1. Re: Overwatch McCree Trailer May 20, 2015, 17:32 Rhett

Seems pretty fun, but the melee classes seem like they're at a disadvantage and have to corner-camp.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Oculus May 19, 2015, 12:55 Rhett

In fact, it should come with a free bottle of lube and a towel! That'll increase sales. Embrace it!  

News Comments > Diablo III Perma-CC Nerf Plans
17. Re: Diablo III Perma-CC Nerf Plans May 14, 2015, 18:13 Rhett

Gah, so much silly little abuse to be on the first page of a leaderboard for a day. This game is ridiculous at high levels.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 12, 2015, 17:24 Rhett

DangerDog wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 17:19:
I didn't have any problems with R* social download other that being extremely slow.

I'm expecting a cluster **** on release day. Has there been any mention of needing to always be online to play single player? Does it phone home on start up?

Constant online connection not required for SP, but it likely will need an initial connection when first starting it. Not sure beyond first day though.

Launch on the old consoles was pretty bad (online was hard to get into without major issues for like a week or two), but I'm expecting things to work out better now that they've had the servers up for so long and such.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: YouTube planning subscription service for ad-free videos. Apr 9, 2015, 12:50 Rhett

Ugh. I tried youtube without adblock once... Once. I would NEVER do that again. Too many ads, it's like paying for Hulu.  

News Comments > WoW Tokens Explained
15. Re: WoW Tokens Explained Apr 7, 2015, 16:12 Rhett

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 7, 2015, 12:11:
I gotta ask: How has this effected the gold selling sites? What did $20 on a gold selling site get you prior to this?

As I just gave a close friend gold for game time (before these tokens), I looked it up..

Gold runs about 1000G per $1 (so 1000:$1).

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Online Heists TV Spot
15. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Online Heists TV Spot Apr 4, 2015, 04:37 Rhett

Theo wrote on Apr 4, 2015, 04:06:
tbh my main worry is rockstars long history of shitty pc ports... ;-( here is to hoping it doesn't perform like shit on highend rigs...

Nobody's really worried about the game being a shitty port though, between all the delays + Max Payne 3 was very well done. They can't do any worse than GTA 4... I really hope they put a lot more effort into it than GTA 4 lol. Ugh.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Operator Trailer
11. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Operator Trailer Mar 30, 2015, 16:52 Rhett

So... a fancy word for "classes"?

This trailer is also fairly boring... I've lost all hype and hope for this game recently.

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 29, 2015, 17:41 Rhett

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 17:14:
JohnBirshire wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 13:15:
The Steam pre-order bonus for GTAV is absolutely worthless. Why would I want a money cheat as my pre-order bonus? Should have included some actual content or cosmetic items.

Because you need a pad to start a heist. And they aren't cheap. This way you can start with one and be the leader if you wish - otherwise, have fun with the grind.

Money isn't too fun to grind out (neither are levels) so I would be thankful for this. In SP, though, wouldn't worry about it. You get a lot of money from in-game heists and stuff, and also the stock market, so money is a non-issue there.

Also, they're making it so you can carry over PS3/X360 (and maybe new consoles too?) progress to PC, which is awesome.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 29, 2015, 17:11 Rhett

So ARMA 3 + DLC is $37 this week, $30 by itself. Totally worth it. The DLC pack alone is $24, including two $16 DLCs in it. Great game. I own two copies, myself (for Breaking Point, to have seperate characters). Over 1000 hours in it.  

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Details Leak
10. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Details Leak Mar 22, 2015, 19:36 Rhett

Looks like CS meets Call of Duty... what the hell is this? Health bar, really?

I loved Vegas, but this looks pretty crappy. Bring on Vegas 3, or a return to the older games...

The sides are called Raven Shield (cops) and Rogue Spear (terrorists), not the map.

News Comments > Arma 3 Marksmen Aims for Next Month
6. Re: Arma 3 Marksmen Aims for Next Month Mar 19, 2015, 16:22 Rhett

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 19, 2015, 14:36:
Does 3 use a modified version of the Arma 2 engine or is it a completely separate beast altogether?

Upgraded same engine I believe. Similar problems, but the game looks so, so much better and has a lot of minute features that make going back to ARMA 2 feel really clunky. (stance/posture system, weapon customization, new inventory system, clothing, etc)

News Comments > Arma 3 Marksmen Aims for Next Month
1. Re: Arma 3 Marksmen Aims for Next Month Mar 19, 2015, 14:17 Rhett

Sounds awesome, but $16? =/

I'll probably still buy it... (I own 2x copies of ARMA 3..)

News Comments > METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN in September
3. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN in September Mar 4, 2015, 15:36 Rhett

Did they ever patch the demo for Ground Zeroes? It ran extremely well but it had a lot of little quirks that felt bothersome, like a PC port.

Otherwise... looking forward to it!

News Comments > WoW Patch Next Week
18. Re: WoW Patch Next Week Feb 18, 2015, 17:04 Rhett

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 16:34:
It doesn't end with LFR as far as idiotic groups are concerned though. Warlords introduced a barrier for heroic dungeons in that you need to have a silver reward for your respective role's proving ground in order to be worthy of such hardships.

However, this created an entirely unique situation where the regular high end dungeons became universally more difficult than their heroic counterparts because all the really, really, REALLY bad players could not clear a barrier which a sack of rocks could do and we're stuck in a cesspool of nerd-raging baddies.

LOL this is exactly what I've seen. I always tell people to get out of, or pay to skip, normals just because of how horrible it is.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
7. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 25, 2015, 17:48 Rhett

You can't even come close to streaming at 15Mbps, and it's what, 2015? I find that absolutely ridiculous.

You know what's even worse? I got a notice from Time-Warner in my last bill that they're raising prices again. Another $1/month for cable modem rental, even. Probably just gonna buy one at this point.

They keep raising prices for no good freakin' reason. Just because they can.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders
3. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Preorders Jan 16, 2015, 18:56 Rhett

AngelicPenguin wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 18:53:
I didn't play GTA4 on PC, but wasn't it mostly a train wreck? I never preorder games, but I'd be pretty leery on this one given the history.

GTA 4 was rough, but playable. It was modded out the wazoo (although it took incredible effort), and it had multiple aggravating, unnecessary login schemes to compete with (Steam, GFWL, Rockstar Social Club), but it was playable.

The thing that makes GTA 5 hopeful, is that Max Payne 3 came out later on and was an excellent port. Very well done PC port.

News Comments > Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed
1. Re: Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed Jan 9, 2015, 18:00 Rhett

I'm getting a little worried that they haven't absolutely, 100% confirmed the 27th, nor put it up on Steam yet...  

565 Comments. 29 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo