Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 387 (Amateur)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands Screenshot, Movie
23. Re: Game Reviews Sep 26, 2009, 11:44 Rhett

How can you say this is a WoW clone?!

It's from a new developer, it's more FPS than RPG, and it's got vehicles with guns. This sounds more entertaining than riding through a landscape with no ability to defend yourself on a ground mount... It was pretty boring riding place to place. Plus you'll be able to (somehow) customize the vehicles. Let's see you ram into people and gib them with your raptor or horse mount. Psshaw!

Then again, there are some things about WoW that it could "fix", like raids... Everything's scaled to how many people are in the game (I imagine most people will play by themselves due to the way loot and character saving is handled, though).

Think of it as an FPS with a refreshing art style and a little extra motive to go out there and kill more bad guys. There aren't many FPS' that reward you with multiple playthroughs anymore.

I personally don't like the skill trees, but I can't imagine the mods that will come out for this game. Anything even remotely close to how complex Diablo 2 got (in terms of mods) would be amazing. I personally want to see a third person mod

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 2 Million BF Heroes, Update Next Week
23. Re: Game Reviews Sep 25, 2009, 17:45 Rhett

EA's just like that, trying to cash in on TF2's unique graphics I imagine.

Though Heroes looks more like legos compared to TF2.

News Comments > 2 Million BF Heroes, Update Next Week
16. Re: 2 Million BF Heroes, Update Next Wee Sep 25, 2009, 16:06 Rhett

Interface was too clunky, website was painful (especially just getting into the game...), and it was pretty damned rough figuring out the game with higher-level players around.

Also one of the 2 million that played once and quit. I really, really do not like this game.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 24, 2009, 12:17 Rhett

PSP1000 and PSP2000 owners who don't upgrade, to receive every other game.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Details
17. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Demo Details Sep 24, 2009, 01:51 Rhett

I'm sure the demo will be available elsewhere once someone "shares" it.

Though this is also a stupid move on Valve's part, but I'm sure you guys will be able to play it regardless of having to preorder it, in short order after it's released...

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 23, 2009, 10:27 Rhett

Singing in Rock Band made you throw up a little?

>_>

You don't have to be THAT ashamed of your singing voice...

sorry

Get well soon.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
11. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Sep 22, 2009, 18:23 Rhett

And this is exactly why Diablo 3 will kill WoW (and why Blizzard is buying insurance with Hydra).

I remember all-night MC runs/clears, and since I often ended up as MT, if I wanted to leave I ended up having 39 people hate me for it. Also cost me a Thunderfury just because I was sick of running MC for 8 hours a day, and then one day I log in to run my cousin through Gnomer and pass on MC and they kick me from the guild

Ofcourse that was my first raiding guild, and I realize now it was a hardcore raiding guild (albeit not the best, but once we got into BWL we cleared it in two nights).

I want more 5 man or solo content myself. I would be SO HAPPY to have 5 man versions of the raids with comparable gear. I HATE 25 mans, and I'm regretful even going into 10 mans.

News Comments > Yearly Major Updates for Aion (At Least)
4. Re: Yearly Major Updates for Aion (At Least) Sep 22, 2009, 05:03 Rhett

And yet if they deliver more, but crappy, content....

Sounds like they're screwed both ways eh?

Also how is Aion? I haven't tried it, but it looks neat.

News Comments > Dawn of War II Add-on Announced
15. Re: Dawn of War II Add-on Announced Sep 22, 2009, 03:53 Rhett

Coincidentally with the IG, apparently there are imperial guard units in the upcoming "The Last Stand" DLC, that attack you as part of the waves... I thought that sounded like a hint

I also agree, Tau would be awesome (with this engine, I want to see them and their badassery technology)

Also the DC world domination game type would have been nice, but the campaign is somewhat similar so maybe we'll see all of the races just plain get a campaign? (hopefully with more expanded loot and missions)

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Interview
9. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Interview Sep 22, 2009, 03:51 Rhett

Jesus, imagine if MW2 has an expansion!
COD6:MW2:TMTDNR (too much text, did not read)

lol

Always word games, never shooting!

News Comments > Dawn of War II Add-on Announced
11. Re: Dawn of War II Add-on Announced Sep 21, 2009, 15:55 Rhett

There is an Orc campaign in progress, it was datamined from the last major patch I believe. I don't remember any specifics, but it focused on a main hero and was going to be similar to the SM campaign.

I think it'll be DLC, not an expansion (possibly released before or alongside this new expansion?

This was a few months ago though. No word on other races' campaigns.

News Comments > Farming Simulator Announced
5. Re: Farming Simulator Announced Sep 17, 2009, 23:06 Rhett

What is... Farmville, Alex?(Facebook app, look it up if you have a facebook acct)

lol at you guys' comments

News Comments > Fallout 3 GotY Edition Next Month
22. Re: Fallout 3 GotY Edition Next Month Sep 17, 2009, 21:13 Rhett

Are they FINALLY gonna fix the goddamned rivet city lockups?! my brother's been stuck in the story line up to that point...and has done everything else... much less the lack of DLC to keep him busy since he can't progress.  

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Movies, Q&A
9. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Movies, Q&A Sep 17, 2009, 05:22 Rhett

Yeah I dunno, I ALWAYS played with no more than 10 or 12 players at any time when I first got COD4 for PC. I also hosted my own games sometimes (was a real bitch to get working too...), but it was fun. COD4 was so much better with 6-10 players max in a game... Just so much more enjoyable. Then you see 30 player Shipment games...ugh... more like helicopter facepillaging

Bots would be nice... or atleast more support for them...

5. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Movies, Q&A Sep 17, 2009, 02:59 Rhett

@Sempai -- This is likely using a modified CoD4/5 engine. It's far too similar to pass off for something else... Someone commented on another site that it's going to cost $60 because that's what Activision/Blizzard's CEO could milk it for, though he would charge more if he could.

Everyone's gonna buy it regardless, because it's CoD: MW2

As for the 30FPS etc this is all on the 360 (all of the videos), that's why, and it's probably locked at 30 frames.

2. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Movies, Q&A Sep 16, 2009, 23:15 Rhett

Yeah, I like being 50-70 years older than I really am... Woot!

Pretty nice, I especially like Highrise and Afghan... very nice maps. Sexy guns too. The guy on Highrise seems both lucky and good.

News Comments > Killing Floor at Retail
2. Re: Killing Floor at Retail Sep 15, 2009, 20:30 Rhett

Wow, how'd you get a refund on steam?

And yes, this game sucks. Hate it. Waste of money putting it on the shelves

News Comments > Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim Demo
8. Re: Majesty 2 Demo Sep 15, 2009, 18:39 Rhett

I'm curious too, but the filesize is pretty similar... Maybe the tutorial's lengthier? Or maybe they're just having hindsight and covering the fact that it was leaked, and that the "official" one is better... *cough*  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Red Faction: Guerrilla
16. Re: Steam Sep 15, 2009, 18:02 Rhett

Yes, I'm sorry that I did pirate a game from one of my favorite devs, but I simply would not buy it again. The DLC also wasn't worth it for me. But I can't afford to upgrade my computer, and after seeing it on the 360 (and with NO PC DEMO) it was impossible to tell if 'Ol Reliable (compy) could even chug it. And it did.

It is also possibly a good excuse as to why some ports turn out so badly, since the devs could put in the least amount of effort, they'd see it as "OK" since it'd probably mostly pirated anyway, but they just don't care as much since it's selling well and was released first on consoles.

It's too bad you guys are having so many issues though I haven't noticed any, besides the crappy zonealarm bit, which I still don't understand.

Though, if you have a mid-range computer (for today), the PC version is so much better than the console versions. I really HATE RFG's MP on consoles. You get killed so often without even knowing where anyone is, cause there's so much going on (destruction, gunfire across the map, more destruction, and idiots rambling through the mics). /end rant

I'm curious though, how many people think it's morally OK to pirate, say, this game, after legally purchasing the console version (for more, with less content, no less) and without a demo? Just curious... or it could spark another one of those pirate debates

News Comments > Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim Demo
5. Re: Challenging Sep 15, 2009, 16:31 Rhett

Yes, you're supposed to lose the second level though someone in the other thread did indeed beat it... Just requires you to be very quick on destroying the ogre dens and anything near you, as well as establishing trade routes.

Cheers

387 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo