Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 435 (Amateur)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > BioWare on ME2 Day 1 DLC, New Trailer
5. Re: BioWare on ME2 Day 1 DLC, New Trailer Jan 17, 2010, 00:50 Rhett

I played it on Xbox, never beat it, and I don't remember if I kept my save... but they do essentially make you start at level 1 (with some benefits if you played ME1, including things that you affected) and so on, in ME2.

ME1 is great, may as well pick it up for your favorite console or PC if you can, for cheap.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BioWare on ME2 Day 1 DLC, New Trailer
1. Re: BioWare on ME2 Day 1 DLC, New Trailer Jan 16, 2010, 22:35 Rhett

Great!  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Borg with Lifetime Subscription
37. Re: Star Trek Online Borg with Lifetime Subscription Jan 15, 2010, 12:04 Rhett

I've been playing the beta on and off with my cousin. I, myself, have never followed Star Trek (my Dad used to watch it in the 90's, that's it) -- My cousin, however, is a real Trekkie. His Dad was an even bigger Trekkie.

I recently started becoming a Trekkie and becoming interested in the older shows after watching the newest movie etc etc..

I tried the game because it looked nice, and more intuitive/friendly than EVE, which pelts your screen with innumerable buttons with no description, and expects you to conquer the galaxy on your own...

It's a pretty decent beta (despite getting kicked off occasionally and having issues logging back in) -- as far as Star Trek goes, I don't know, but phasers are badass.

The starter missions are kinda boring, but they move things along. As long as they don't stop holding my hand halfway through and leave me in some galaxy surrounded by enemies with no way to communicate with other players or a clue on how to get out of there.

In terms of the Borg bonus...

I am Dyslexic of Borg.

Fusistance is retile.

Your ass will be laminated.

This comment was edited on Jan 15, 2010, 12:05.

News Comments > On Modern Warfare 2 Balance
10. Re: On Modern Warfare 2 Balance Jan 14, 2010, 14:14 Rhett

I had alot of fun, as probably one of the first to abuse this. I was getting bored with the game, but this was back when 1887's weren't "fixed" and knifing mingebags were just coming into play.

Besides a few specific ground war maps, this setup didn't yield amazing results since it made the other team camp out of sight.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Patched
1. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Patched Jan 14, 2010, 00:35 Rhett

Okay, so...

How about getting rid of all the cheaters eh?

I'm sure taking away the pirates (presumably, for what, 30 minutes?) changed the amount of cheaters... but I'm sure there's still plenty.

News Comments > MW2 Climbing UK All-Time Sales Chart
3. Re: MW2 Climbing UK All-Time Sales Chart Jan 11, 2010, 14:21 Rhett

It's really a decent game, but they're too busy counting money and "working" (I use that term loosely) on the next 2-3 CoD games to even care that cheaters (not hackers, cheaters.) are dominating and doing what they like, with pirated copies of the game.  

News Comments > Borderlands Patches
2. Re: Borderlands Patches Jan 8, 2010, 14:07 Rhett

None of GBX's websites or forums load for me as of lastnight, anyone else?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Borderlands: Mad Moxxi’s Underdome Riot
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands: Mad Moxxi’s Underdome Riot Jan 7, 2010, 20:54 Rhett

Yeah, it appears to just be a "hefty", useless patch that adds "support" for the DLC.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Borderlands: Mad Moxxi’s Underdome Riot
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands: Mad Moxxi’s Underdome Riot Jan 7, 2010, 20:19 Rhett

Well it was a hefty patch (I downloaded at around 900kb/s, and it started at maybe 60%? Took about 5-10 minutes. Borderlands.exe shows as version 1.2.0.0 -- I just wish they added patch notes, or atleast told us what was going on. I don't remember if it updated when Dr Ned was released, and I don't own either DLC either.

I saw no DLC in my folders either. (Someone said that it was downloading Mad Moxxi but not installing it, which is a stupid idea, and I see no proof of it atm)

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patched
1. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Jan 6, 2010, 17:41 Rhett

Valve, you sneaky, sexy devils, you...

Yay for so much bot support, finally!

News Comments > Alpha Protocol 2 Hints
4. Re: Alpha Protocol 2 Hints Jan 4, 2010, 14:50 Rhett

Good for them, too often Devs lose sight and end up thinking their original idea, that they didn't modify later, was a good idea. Then the backlash comes in reviews and complaints...

"WHY didn't you make this intuitive? I shouldn't be running 50 miles without a vehicle in sight, at any point in the game, unless I wanted to!"

Hopefully they will see and correct previous errors and make the game more fluid in the end, while also improving the sequel (hopefully).

News Comments > TF2 Bots Beta
8. Re: TF2 Bots Beta Dec 22, 2009, 11:42 Rhett

Considering there was almost NO support for bots, at all (see: RCbot from scratch) these new bots are quite awesome. Also, they're pretty realistic. They do miss, they do airblast rockets occaisionally, and they build teleporters. Snipers move, miss, and can also nail amazing headshots.

RCBot was pretty cool considering it was from scratch, but the bots are very autonomous and obvious.

I can't wait to see the next update for bots (As well as get my Scottish Resistance that I never got from achievements :().

Tip: You do NOT have to nav_generate on every map, try different maps with bots first. They usually have waypoints already.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Patch Status
6. Re: Game Reviews Dec 17, 2009, 03:00 Rhett

I love this game.

Do you want to marry it?

They already got a divorce; Activision somehow managed to put him in debt for millions, and Bobby Kotick ate another kitten-puppy hybrid for sustenance.

Hopefully 402 isn't talking out his ass again...

News Comments > BF Heroes Boasts 3M Soldiers, New Map
3. Re: BF Heroes Boasts 3M Soldiers, New Map Dec 16, 2009, 12:47 Rhett

Yep, pretty boring. Quit boasting, EA.  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Comic
1. Re: Team Fortress 2 Comic Dec 9, 2009, 21:43 Rhett

Awesome comic.

DUN DUN- DUN DUN DUN..DUN!!!!!

I wonder if this is a massive hint (or throw-off?) for the next update? I haven't played TF2 in a while but it'd be interesting to see these two classes get new items/weapons...

Poor, poor engies.

News Comments > Greed: Black Border Demo
5. Re: Greed: Black Border Demo Dec 8, 2009, 15:16 Rhett

It's a decent idea, but it's plagued by un-intuitive controls and it gives you almost no idea where you have to go next. Ontop of that, trying to find chests and such is like finding a needle in a haystack (they don't stand out, at all).

I got stuck a few times, even locked in place once, and eventually got stuck where I couldn't figure out where to go (the only door left required a key card...which I already had)

All it needs, however, are several dozens of tweaks to make gameplay intuitive and more fluid.

Neat music, and skill trees, though.

Also, glad to see these small developers (not even sure who developed this?) popping up with new ideas.

News Comments > Homefront 2 Plans
2. Re: Homefront 2 Plans Dec 3, 2009, 12:06 Rhett

Modern Warfare 3 comes to mind... (look it up from the Onion)  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Rogue Warrior
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Rogue Warrior Dec 2, 2009, 11:08 Rhett

'Demo Dick' gives me the impression that he n00btubed in real life, and put C4 on people in their sleep... Perhaps even bunny hopped?  

News Comments > Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter Announced
2. Re: Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter Announced Nov 30, 2009, 14:50 Rhett

Used to play SS all the time, be it lan or alone... can anyone vouch for the 'new' First Encounter?  

News Comments > PC MW2 Outsells CoD4
9. Re: PC MW2 Outsells CoD4 Nov 20, 2009, 21:57 Rhett

Just picked it up today, for $20 with the Gamestop promo ($40 off MW2 with 2 trade ins)

Game's pretty good online, very smooth and little to no problems.

Only problem I had in the beginning was paying $60 for it. Not the lack of deds, or lack of mods (which does suck, but I don't buy games for mods.)

435 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo