Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 423 (Amateur)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Patch Status
6. Re: Game Reviews Dec 17, 2009, 03:00 Rhett

I love this game.

Do you want to marry it?

They already got a divorce; Activision somehow managed to put him in debt for millions, and Bobby Kotick ate another kitten-puppy hybrid for sustenance.

Hopefully 402 isn't talking out his ass again...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BF Heroes Boasts 3M Soldiers, New Map
3. Re: BF Heroes Boasts 3M Soldiers, New Map Dec 16, 2009, 12:47 Rhett

Yep, pretty boring. Quit boasting, EA.  

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Comic
1. Re: Team Fortress 2 Comic Dec 9, 2009, 21:43 Rhett

Awesome comic.

DUN DUN- DUN DUN DUN..DUN!!!!!

I wonder if this is a massive hint (or throw-off?) for the next update? I haven't played TF2 in a while but it'd be interesting to see these two classes get new items/weapons...

Poor, poor engies.

News Comments > Greed: Black Border Demo
5. Re: Greed: Black Border Demo Dec 8, 2009, 15:16 Rhett

It's a decent idea, but it's plagued by un-intuitive controls and it gives you almost no idea where you have to go next. Ontop of that, trying to find chests and such is like finding a needle in a haystack (they don't stand out, at all).

I got stuck a few times, even locked in place once, and eventually got stuck where I couldn't figure out where to go (the only door left required a key card...which I already had)

All it needs, however, are several dozens of tweaks to make gameplay intuitive and more fluid.

Neat music, and skill trees, though.

Also, glad to see these small developers (not even sure who developed this?) popping up with new ideas.

News Comments > Homefront 2 Plans
2. Re: Homefront 2 Plans Dec 3, 2009, 12:06 Rhett

Modern Warfare 3 comes to mind... (look it up from the Onion)  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Rogue Warrior
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Rogue Warrior Dec 2, 2009, 11:08 Rhett

'Demo Dick' gives me the impression that he n00btubed in real life, and put C4 on people in their sleep... Perhaps even bunny hopped?  

News Comments > Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter Announced
2. Re: Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter Announced Nov 30, 2009, 14:50 Rhett

Used to play SS all the time, be it lan or alone... can anyone vouch for the 'new' First Encounter?  

News Comments > PC MW2 Outsells CoD4
9. Re: PC MW2 Outsells CoD4 Nov 20, 2009, 21:57 Rhett

Just picked it up today, for $20 with the Gamestop promo ($40 off MW2 with 2 trade ins)

Game's pretty good online, very smooth and little to no problems.

Only problem I had in the beginning was paying $60 for it. Not the lack of deds, or lack of mods (which does suck, but I don't buy games for mods.)

News Comments > Third Call of Duty Team and MMO Rumors
12. Re: Third Call of Duty Team and MMO Rumors Nov 18, 2009, 22:39 Rhett

"Fuck Bobby Kotick"

Signed,

Rhett

(+1 Internet to Paketep)

Lets make a thread dedicated to this wonderful phrase!

News Comments > Age of Conan Wants You Back
1. Re: Age of Conan Wants You Back Nov 11, 2009, 15:06 Rhett

WoW really needs something like this. There's not one benefit for even being around since Vanilla, or beta.

If I were an AoC player, this would make me somewhat giddy.

News Comments > Borderlands 2?
1. Re: Borderlands 2? Nov 11, 2009, 11:30 Rhett

Woot.

Hopefully it doesn't come in ~1 year though (Valve)

News Comments > Borderlands Console DLC This Month, PC "Later"
7. Re: Borderlands Console DLC This Month, Nov 9, 2009, 19:12 Rhett

Love Borderlands. Have it for PC since release day. Play it every day, for hours on end

Though, this 'zombie' DLC sounded pretty boring, so no loss here. I probably wasn't even going to get it. I do hope they aren't all talk and no action, however, since the PC version could use a patch.

News Comments > EA Layoffs?
8. Re: EA Layoffs? Nov 9, 2009, 15:58 Rhett

While I hope the people getting laid off find some work elsewhere (don't need any more people without jobs :P)... EA does put out some awful games. I typically avoid them, and have been, for a while now. It'd be nice if their teams of suck would just dissipate.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta Delayed Until Next Year
7. Re: StarCraft II Beta Delayed Until Next Year Nov 9, 2009, 12:36 Rhett

While they take forever to be released, they, so far, haven't failed to hit their mark. They're so popular and yummy!

If it was candy, imagine how fat we'd all be

Though, if the beta happens in 2010 and all goes well, we may see a release much like they predicted. Or not

BTW if anyone hasn't yet, speaking of Blizz games -- Torchlight feels like an early Diablo 3. Go try it NOW! Support the devs!

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Tomorrow
2. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Tomorrow Nov 9, 2009, 10:40 Rhett

Much like the Borderlands release where Steam-buyers had to wait 15 additional hours -- It's extremely unlikely they'll push it forward. Especially since the general consensus is: "This game sucks, don't buy it!"  

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta Delayed Until Next Year
2. Re: StarCraft II Beta Delayed Until Next Year Nov 9, 2009, 10:20 Rhett

ORLY?  

News Comments > Activision Proposed a "Ridiculous" Budget for MW2
19. Re: Infinity Ward: Activision Proposed a Nov 3, 2009, 18:34 Rhett

Maybe just pocket the money and reduce the god damn price to a normal PC game.  

News Comments > MW2 Third-Person Mode Confirmed
13. Re: MW2 Third-Person Mode Confirmed Oct 27, 2009, 07:50 Rhett

Love the idea.  

News Comments > Borderlands' Firm Street Dates
53. Re: Borderlands' Firm Street Dates Oct 24, 2009, 19:13 Rhett

I know I'm not gonna play with strangers, but Gearbox already said they are working on / completed a patch to fix that microphone issue, atleast.

There's an obvious Xbox 360/PS3 duping method too, that's not news at all.

Why someone would dupe, get money, and ruin the game is beyond me. I'm not paying $45 to do that shit, good for every little kid or douche that does, though.

News Comments > Borderlands' Firm Street Dates
24. Re: Borderlands' Firm Street Dates Oct 24, 2009, 15:17 Rhett

Much like I've seen been said, and said myself (been following this bullshit since thursday):

There's the people who preordered on PC and desperately waited for it to unlock. Then there's the average consumer who has NOT been constantly up to date on the situation like reading Steam/2k/Gearbox forums and knowing that you CAN NOT PLAY regardless of HOW you purchase or access the game, until the 26th. There is NO WARNING on the box, no warning until you install the game and make it UNRETURNABLE under normal circumstances, to almost ANYWHERE you bought it from. Steam users knew exactly what they were in for, but not people who just happened to pick it up in-store and say "Oh, cool, I want this game."

So yeah, that's the major fuss.

The other fuss is that 2K out and out lied to everyone, did NOT do any optimization (likely, unless there's a day 0 patch, but GBX has been busy with events and such), and is blaming it all on sales and piracy.

While the DRM might be doing its job SO FAR (I have heard that the game has been available on private trackers, but I'm doubting that it even works at this point), it's causing so much of a pain to legal owners.

You could say it's all the retailers fault, but when your advertising team is a bunch of goddamn monkeys, who's fault is it really when they put out ALL 3 versions on the same release day as is ALL OVER THE WEB? (see: TV ads, Facebook, etc like below poster says)

It's all one big clusterfuck

Still waiting for Steam release btw two days to go...

423 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo