Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 387 (Amateur)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Activision Proposed a "Ridiculous" Budget for MW2
19. Re: Infinity Ward: Activision Proposed a Nov 3, 2009, 18:34 Rhett

Maybe just pocket the money and reduce the god damn price to a normal PC game.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MW2 Third-Person Mode Confirmed
13. Re: MW2 Third-Person Mode Confirmed Oct 27, 2009, 07:50 Rhett

Love the idea.  

News Comments > Borderlands' Firm Street Dates
53. Re: Borderlands' Firm Street Dates Oct 24, 2009, 19:13 Rhett

I know I'm not gonna play with strangers, but Gearbox already said they are working on / completed a patch to fix that microphone issue, atleast.

There's an obvious Xbox 360/PS3 duping method too, that's not news at all.

Why someone would dupe, get money, and ruin the game is beyond me. I'm not paying $45 to do that shit, good for every little kid or douche that does, though.

News Comments > Borderlands' Firm Street Dates
24. Re: Borderlands' Firm Street Dates Oct 24, 2009, 15:17 Rhett

Much like I've seen been said, and said myself (been following this bullshit since thursday):

There's the people who preordered on PC and desperately waited for it to unlock. Then there's the average consumer who has NOT been constantly up to date on the situation like reading Steam/2k/Gearbox forums and knowing that you CAN NOT PLAY regardless of HOW you purchase or access the game, until the 26th. There is NO WARNING on the box, no warning until you install the game and make it UNRETURNABLE under normal circumstances, to almost ANYWHERE you bought it from. Steam users knew exactly what they were in for, but not people who just happened to pick it up in-store and say "Oh, cool, I want this game."

So yeah, that's the major fuss.

The other fuss is that 2K out and out lied to everyone, did NOT do any optimization (likely, unless there's a day 0 patch, but GBX has been busy with events and such), and is blaming it all on sales and piracy.

While the DRM might be doing its job SO FAR (I have heard that the game has been available on private trackers, but I'm doubting that it even works at this point), it's causing so much of a pain to legal owners.

You could say it's all the retailers fault, but when your advertising team is a bunch of goddamn monkeys, who's fault is it really when they put out ALL 3 versions on the same release day as is ALL OVER THE WEB? (see: TV ads, Facebook, etc like below poster says)

It's all one big clusterfuck

Still waiting for Steam release btw two days to go...

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Steam Pre-purchase and Steamworks Support
15. Re: MW2 and Steam Oct 23, 2009, 16:49 Rhett

Gonna get it, probably on Steam, but only when it's dirt cheap...

Though day 1 COD4 before all the cheaters, and everyone on level playing field, was amazing. Too bad I won't see that with MW2, but I'm sure it'll be a pretty bitchin' game.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - SAW
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - SAW Oct 23, 2009, 07:53 Rhett

LOL

This was the ONLY game sold out at the local Walmart, for the console. Not even Borderlands was sold out.

News Comments > The Cost of Buying Gold
10. Re: The Cost of Buying Gold Oct 21, 2009, 15:38 Rhett

I've even seen complex .jpg links or attachments that included keyloggers... Albeit that'd be extremely hard to do, but the wrong link to a fake jpg and you have a keylogger.

There are "places" dedicated to scamming other players of their accounts and gold, it's so ridiculous. Albeit I've never been hacked (I've been scared into changing my password and contacting blizzard on accident, falsely, when their login servers were down..lol), I'm always vigilant.

Actually when I last renewed on the 29th, I was unable to log in (it said my password/login was wrong) despite being able to use it repeatedly on their main website. I had to merge it with my battle.net account, and that fixed it, for some reason. Scared the crap out of me

Authenticators work people, BUY IT!

News Comments > WoW Rep Gain Tweaks Coming?
4. Re: WoW Rep Gain Tweaks Coming? Oct 17, 2009, 15:04 Rhett

MY GOD finally, I HATE Hodir dailies, and even the regular instance dailies are going very slow. And the relics of ulduar are beyond overpriced... -.-

Exalted with everything else except the new Argent Champions, but Hodir's just crappy.

The 4 tabard reps were pretty easy (and a nice addition) so I wonder what they'll change there.

News Comments > First Borderlands DLC Announced
21. Re: First Borderlands DLC Announced Oct 16, 2009, 00:51 Rhett

While it is silly to announce DLC before a game comes out, much less with a price tag~

What if they put this into the game (somehow) and delayed the game another two months? I wouldn't be happy, the game looks amazing. You don't have to buy it, and much like Fallout 3, there will probably be 'some' crappy DLC.

We PC gamers already got it for $15 less, now you can decide if you want to buy the DLC later on with the money you saved, UNLIKE THE CONSOLE USERS (lawl!).

News Comments > First Borderlands DLC Announced
13. Re: First Borderlands DLC Announced Oct 15, 2009, 23:17 Rhett

People were asking for a "horde" type mode, or against-all-odds gameplay... Zombies are the prime way to do it  

News Comments > Borderlands Launch Party
9. Re: Borderlands Launch Party Oct 15, 2009, 06:01 Rhett

After watching someone play it on the 360 (some guy got a copy way early and was broadcasting on justin.tv) I'm pretty sold. The gunplay is pretty nice, and it looks overall like a polished game. The guy kept dying to a mini boss even.

I saw someone mention poor AI, but I think it has to do with specific enemies because others who have played it have noted that enemies use cover and actual tactics. (Makes sense... I mean..scavengers vs trained mercenaries? Yeah, I bet all the scavengers have combat training...)

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 GotY Edition
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 GotY Edition Oct 13, 2009, 20:55 Rhett

Not all of the DLC is worth it (like Mothership Zeta, being the worst of the 5) -- Broken Steel and Point Lookout are, however. Anchorage wasn't bad but it felt unnecessary...

Took them damn long enough to get the DLC on PS3 though.

News Comments > Borderlands Interview
1. Re: Borderlands Interview Oct 13, 2009, 17:03 Rhett

Why does it feel like I've essentially read this interview before, on a different site? Feels weird.  

News Comments > On PlanetSide Next
3. Re: On PlanetSide Next Oct 11, 2009, 13:59 Rhett

PLANETSIDE still lives?! O.o

I haven't played it since the beta! It was so damn buggy, but it was cool!

neat

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Zombie Shooter 2
8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Zombie Shooter 2 Oct 10, 2009, 20:32 Rhett

Wow, this game is WAY too gray much like a previous commenter said.

Otherwise though, it's a nice shooter much like Alien and Zombie Shooter.

I personally liked AS: Vengeance besides all the problems I had with it -.-

Almost nauseatingly gray though, damn.

News Comments > L4D2 Scavenge Mode Revealed
1. Re: L4D2 Scavenge Mode Revealed Oct 8, 2009, 09:32 Rhett

Sounds neat but there really isn't anything they could do without drastically changing gameplay, to introduce a fun, new game mode.

News Comments > Borderlands Preorders
8. Re: Borderlands Preorders Oct 3, 2009, 00:37 Rhett

According to Randy Pitchford, he said he'd "Rather let a thief play for free than let a paying customer be blocked from playing by DRM" so it looks like mild DRM for us.

God, I hope they preload this 8gb+ monster of a game. I don't want to spend release day downloading it

News Comments > CA Game Law Appeal Moving Forward?
2. Re: CA Game Law Appeal Moving Forward? Sep 29, 2009, 22:17 Rhett

Hmm, not looking forward to green blood coming out of zombies and terrorists alike  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
4. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Sep 28, 2009, 14:54 Rhett

Blue probably doesn't play WoW, give the man a break!

News Comments > Borderlands on Steam & Preorder Strangeness
5. Re: Borderlands on Steam & Preorder Stra Sep 28, 2009, 13:13 Rhett

It's not on steam /yet/ -- as the article says, keep an eye out. I also checked >.>

I've been waiting to preorder it myself, but if it comes out on steam, I'd rather get it day 1 than pay the same just to wait for it.

Also there's been no talk of DRM with the game, but they did Brothers in Arms and that didn't really have any. That's all I got though.

Gearbox has good credit so far, and if there was a crappy DRM they'd probably have mentioned it by now. If only they'd use no DRM and announce it, maybe it'd help people buy it.

And there will be a demo, it's just a case of when it happens

387 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo