Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 430 (Amateur)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx Announced
2. Re: Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx Announced Jan 28, 2010, 20:32 Rhett

Reread it.

It basically says you can start the DLC at 34+ -- including leveling past 50.

Hope this adds new weapon types... HOWEVER, while I LOVED the game when it came out, they STILL need to patch it up and fix leveling.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Today
41. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Today Jan 28, 2010, 18:05 Rhett

EA has almost never had skippable intros, and I find them intrusive

Some of the Ubi games had bik files that would crash the game if they weren't loaded, so you HAD to replace them.

Anyone know of any more sites with free keys?

News Comments > Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Today
31. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta Today Jan 28, 2010, 17:18 Rhett

I know this is a bad place to ask, but does anyone have a single core P4 around a 3.6GHZ, with, or close to, an 8600GT and 2gb of ram?

And tried this, ofcourse.

I'm tempted to buy in just for the beta, but my computer falls short of the min reqs. Ofcourse, min reqs are never correct these days.

News Comments > They on Hold
3. Re: They on Hold Jan 28, 2010, 17:16 Rhett

They is?  

News Comments > PC & Mac StarCraft II on One DVD
12. Re: PC & Mac StarCraft II on One DVD Jan 28, 2010, 13:14 Rhett

Blizzard likes to use their own downloader/torrent service for these kinds of things, so I imagine it would (atleast initially) only be available through boxed copies, or them.

I also doubt Steam would be viable since that adds a layer of crap to go through, additionally, just to play SC2. I don't really want to log in twice, or have to deal with up to TWO services being down, between me and my game.

News Comments > Command & Conquer 4 Beta Today
4. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Beta Today Jan 28, 2010, 13:10 Rhett

If only EA would let it die, or give it back to its original owners.

But no, in a few years we'll hear about ANOTHER first person shooter remake of CNC or RA.

CNC4 looks just goddamn awful. It's using the Generals engine (the biggest faults of the games that followed it honestly)... STILL ...

And the gameplay looks boring and counter-counter-counter-balanced (AKA, spam this unit to victory).

I want a true modern sequel to Red Alert 1, or 2, not that bright neon, eye-laser-shooting-hulking-robots crap. Hell, the original C&C, and Red Alert 1, converted my ENTIRE IMMEDIATE FAMILY INTO PLAYING COMPUTER GAMES! (Yes, including my Mom.)

Good luck with that shit nowadays.

News Comments > Global Agenda Launch Schedule
5. Re: Global Agenda Launch Schedule Jan 26, 2010, 23:45 Rhett

I had fun (played the beta, then got a refund) with it. The armor looked awesome, especially with dye atleast.

However, while my computer is well above min requirements, the PVP (on ANY settings) always lagged for me and the PVE was pretty boring. Crafting is exactly how the below poster stated, very boring and unintuitive.

With a few major changes and patches, it'll definitely thrive, however.

News Comments > Microsoft Points Class Action Lawsuit
4. Re: Microsoft Points Class Action Lawsuit Jan 26, 2010, 13:53 Rhett

The sole reason I've never bought, and probably never will buy points, is how the money adds up in a cost/point ratio. I don't want a hundred useless points left over when things cost 120...  

News Comments > Ubisoft Plans Mandatory Online Authentication
18. Re: Ubisoft Plans Mandatory Online Authentication Jan 26, 2010, 12:12 Rhett

Ubisoft games aren't good enough to have DRM IMO.

I got plenty of fun out of R6 Vegas 1 and 2 though. And HAWX. But still, budget games. At best.

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta Nears?
4. Re: StarCraft II Beta Nears? Jan 26, 2010, 11:47 Rhett

What an age where we have to investigate pictures and fan sites to determine when one of the most elusive developers releases games or any important information...

I'm with nin here though...

I shall dedicate my laptop to 24 hour email duty!

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jan 23, 2010, 17:24 Rhett

A couple years ago, when I was 17 (was playing WoW since vanilla, been off of it for months now, probably never going back, so don't call me a wowfag!) -- I was part of a guild, and unbeknownst to me, a guildy had a huge infatuation with me and "my voice" (wut?)

Well, after getting to know her a little more, she ended up professing some sort of feelings etc etc. I myself didn't pay much mind since this is apparently a relatively common thing. A friend of mine even lost his girlfriend to someone on WoW, who lived a town over from him, so he found out.

Anyway, she was roughly 27 and married. Then one day I get on WoW (a weekday) and find out she took the day off work to google my name and/or email address (not sure how she found that out), and found pictures of my brother (he posted on various forums, had a myspace). Then she started asking if I wanted to meet her halfway (I'm in NC, she's in PA).

It was then on I started completely ignoring her. Supposedly she started playing Horde with her husband and got much closer to him, though, so I heard.

Speaking of which, I was also in another guild more recently (near the end of TBC) in which I was friends with this guy, who was happily married, and they played WoW together. Lots of BS later, the guild itself rips apart from the amazing drama that ensued, when an officer of the guild that lives in Argentina (the married couple living in Texas/USA) gets caught having "cyber sex" over Ventrilo with said friend's wife.

Married couple broke up, the guy quit WoW. His ex-wife is now married to said Argentinian, and living there as well. I think it also came out that she was a huge online "whore" too. lol.

I really hate that this stuff happens, but if you get invested in WoW, you start to meet others that are also far too invested, and it gets goddamn crazy. You can also google something like "Nihilum drama" or something, that was pretty big too.

News Comments > Company of Heroes Eastern Front Modification
1. Re: Company of Heroes Eastern Front Modification Jan 22, 2010, 19:33 Rhett

Tried it when it came out, not very impressed...

I mean, the quality is great. Overall, maps, buttons, sounds, great.

The gameplay is very boring though. The Russians feel much like a sloppy mix of all 4 existing factions, and the models for the vehicles are somewhat wonky. (I know this is the first release, though, and I'm sure they plan on updating all of that)

Great first release for some modders though, considering what modders have to work with for CoH. It installs and integrates seamlessly into COH.

News Comments > More Borderlands DLC Planned, Level Cap to Raise
2. Re: More Borderlands DLC Planned, Level Cap to Raise Jan 21, 2010, 20:07 Rhett

hopefully this DLC will rebalance the game then >.>

News Comments > Game Tester Reality Show
5. Re: Game Tester Reality Show Jan 21, 2010, 17:22 Rhett

5) How long can you live on just cold pizza, combos and Monster...

lol, this sounds so stupid. Much less, how is this show going to qualify them to actually "test" games? Maybe they're idiots that don't even know what Starcraft is.

News Comments > Section 8 DLC Released
1. Re: Section 8 DLC Released Jan 19, 2010, 15:07 Rhett

As if they could make the game seem any less appealing...  

News Comments > BioWare on ME2 Day 1 DLC, New Trailer
5. Re: BioWare on ME2 Day 1 DLC, New Trailer Jan 17, 2010, 00:50 Rhett

I played it on Xbox, never beat it, and I don't remember if I kept my save... but they do essentially make you start at level 1 (with some benefits if you played ME1, including things that you affected) and so on, in ME2.

ME1 is great, may as well pick it up for your favorite console or PC if you can, for cheap.

News Comments > BioWare on ME2 Day 1 DLC, New Trailer
1. Re: BioWare on ME2 Day 1 DLC, New Trailer Jan 16, 2010, 22:35 Rhett

Great!  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Borg with Lifetime Subscription
37. Re: Star Trek Online Borg with Lifetime Subscription Jan 15, 2010, 12:04 Rhett

I've been playing the beta on and off with my cousin. I, myself, have never followed Star Trek (my Dad used to watch it in the 90's, that's it) -- My cousin, however, is a real Trekkie. His Dad was an even bigger Trekkie.

I recently started becoming a Trekkie and becoming interested in the older shows after watching the newest movie etc etc..

I tried the game because it looked nice, and more intuitive/friendly than EVE, which pelts your screen with innumerable buttons with no description, and expects you to conquer the galaxy on your own...

It's a pretty decent beta (despite getting kicked off occasionally and having issues logging back in) -- as far as Star Trek goes, I don't know, but phasers are badass.

The starter missions are kinda boring, but they move things along. As long as they don't stop holding my hand halfway through and leave me in some galaxy surrounded by enemies with no way to communicate with other players or a clue on how to get out of there.

In terms of the Borg bonus...

I am Dyslexic of Borg.

Fusistance is retile.

Your ass will be laminated.

This comment was edited on Jan 15, 2010, 12:05.

News Comments > On Modern Warfare 2 Balance
10. Re: On Modern Warfare 2 Balance Jan 14, 2010, 14:14 Rhett

I had alot of fun, as probably one of the first to abuse this. I was getting bored with the game, but this was back when 1887's weren't "fixed" and knifing mingebags were just coming into play.

Besides a few specific ground war maps, this setup didn't yield amazing results since it made the other team camp out of sight.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Patched
1. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Patched Jan 14, 2010, 00:35 Rhett

Okay, so...

How about getting rid of all the cheaters eh?

I'm sure taking away the pirates (presumably, for what, 30 minutes?) changed the amount of cheaters... but I'm sure there's still plenty.

430 Comments. 22 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo