Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 482 (Amateur)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PC H.A.W.X. 2 Delayed
8. Re: PC H.A.W.X. 2 Delayed Aug 21, 2010, 04:31 Rhett

Tried the demo earlier. Great game, much like the first.

Also, they removed the DRM from their RUSE game due to overwhelming hate for it, so maybe HAWX as well? Original HAWX was great on PC, too.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released
2. Re: Bad Company 2 VIP Pack #6 Released Aug 18, 2010, 22:59 Rhett

Why did they even add maps to Squad Rush?! It's so boring!

Panama Canal rush would be fun!

News Comments > Diablo III Caravan Trailer
1. Re: Diablo III Caravan Trailer Aug 18, 2010, 17:55 Rhett

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~

Do wanty.

News Comments > Gearbox on Duke Nukem Forever?
44. Re: Gearbox on Duke Nukem Forever? Aug 11, 2010, 17:23 Rhett

Couldn't care less as long as it's an acceptable Duke Nukem game. Well, shit, my PC is still out of order so... I guess I can wait!

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Re: Morning Previews Aug 10, 2010, 10:58 Rhett

Wtf? Player controlled rockets? Remote control bombs? Obvious dolphin diving?

This looks like a shot at Halo, now.

I do like the guns, but most definitely not getting the game. Treyarch added some pretty neat features, though, and I hope they can flourish in the future.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Announced
14. Re: Battlefield 3 Announced Jul 30, 2010, 20:55 Rhett

DICE is really whoring out the FPS' aren't they? Shouldn't they put effort into making Medal of Honor a decent game instead of using it as a poor excuse to help market BF3?

BFBC2 on a larger scale + more weapons and attachment/perk choices + ded servers/mod tools and they'd be back on top for a good while... (though, yes, I do think BFBC2 > Modern Warfare)

News Comments > On StarCraft II Anti-aliasing
27. Re: On StarCraft II Anti-aliasing Jul 27, 2010, 14:00 Rhett

Never really liked using AA due to the drastic performance hog it can become. Even when my computer was above and beyond said games, it wasn't necessary. Played the beta nearly maxed, it still looked fantastic without AA on a high resolution. Dunno why people are so obsessed about it.

News Comments > StarCraft II Budget Oopsie, Preorders Soar
23. Re: StarCraft II Budget Oopsie, Preorders Soar Jul 23, 2010, 14:26 Rhett

"Sorry, we have so much money that it's hard to keep track of it all."

"Money spitball fight!!!!"

News Comments > R.U.S.E. Free Weekend Extended
7. Re: R.U.S.E. Free Weekend Extended Jul 19, 2010, 02:32 Rhett

I only played against computers during my time of the beta... It was flawless. I heard about a ton of online issues, though.

Game didn't take much to get into, but it feels weird. It's still a game of counters, but it has the added options of providing "fake" assaults on the enemy, or giving them the impression your units are much bigger and badder than they actually are.

The AI seems to have many different types of strategies though, atleast. I just don't know if they can interpret human mind games. (EX: "I see a large force of seemingly heavy tanks coming from here... do I build anti-tank units now?") Didn't seem to matter, on Easy atleast. They chose something and stuck with it (mostly aircraft, mostly infantry, or lots of armor and artillery)

News Comments > WSJ: StarCraft II Cost More Than $100M
9. Re: WSJ: StarCraft II Cost More Than $100M Jul 16, 2010, 22:49 Rhett

It only cost $100m because everyone at Blizzard is ungodly rich at this point, and likely have ridiculous salaries. >_>

Though, SC2 is very, very, very polished. As is WoW. Can't really complain. We need more dedicated developers.

News Comments > R.U.S.E. Free Weekend Underway
1. Re: R.U.S.E. Free Weekend Underway Jul 16, 2010, 00:14 Rhett

Very neat game. Not a buy for me, though.

I don't really like how, if you give an order to any selected unit (and you often miss attack orders, causing them to move), that it deselects said units every time...

Very cool on how differently each nation plays though. Quite different.

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta Patched
8. Re: StarCraft II Beta Patched Jul 8, 2010, 06:15 Rhett

Beta seems to be back up, but it's extremely hard to get into a game (or, very, very sporadic).

I noticed all kinds of new sounds (perhaps? or old sounds being updated?) in the patcher. Marauder_pissed and Zealot_pissed etc. Sounds funny.

I never played the beta before now (no interest in playing human opponents), though I've been invited for some time, so I'm not sure what else changed.

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta Patched
6. Re: StarCraft II Beta Patched Jul 8, 2010, 03:11 Rhett

The beta isn't back up YET, but it should be playable (with certain launchers). Also, when it is back up (if you have a legit key), then you should be able to play just fine, even against AI. AI was pretty dormant in the previous releases, and just seeing what people cropped up by editing text files was amazing. Can't wait to see the official AI.  

News Comments > Serious Sam HD: Second Encounter Free Weekend
2. Re: Co-op? Jul 7, 2010, 15:40 Rhett

From the press release..

Zagreb, Croatia, July 8, 2010 Ė In an effort to spread the Gospel of Sam to those non-believers who still havenít bathed in the redeeming light of high-definition, Croteam has decided to allow the few remaining heathens to partake in the visual delights of Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounterís over-the-top multiplayer modes. From July 8 through July 11, Steam users around the world will be able to play all the brilliant new modes of multiplayer fun with up to 16-playeres. New converts will be able to experience divine gameplay modes like Co-Op Survival, My Burden and Beast Hunt along with classic deathmatch and campaign co-op modes.

Looks like it.

News Comments > PC Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack Released
2. Re: PC Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack Released Jul 6, 2010, 15:29 Rhett

I actually read (not sure how true this is, but it sounds right) that if you buy any of the DLC, you can't play with anyone who doesn't have the DLC (regardless of playlist). Similarly, I have no DLC and I didn't see too many people playing anymore. Or many cheaters, atleast.

News Comments > StarCraft II Website
1. Re: StarCraft II Website Jun 21, 2010, 21:52 Rhett

I got Ghost. Woot.  

News Comments > Kotick: Audience "Clamoring" for Subscription CoD
22. Re: Kotick: Audience Jun 20, 2010, 15:11 Rhett

So...

$60 -- Base game
$15/mo -- Proven Warcraft Formula
that he'll inevitably invoke because "it works" and he can't understand why, exactly. It just makes him money.
$50 "expansions" (RE: DLC)

Yeah, okay. Call of Duty isn't already a mindless, and un-innovative shooter. This will make it worse, since the best these people who are working on it can come up with are 3 NEW maps at a time, for a crazily overpriced scheme of a map pack.

News Comments > Medal of Honor Beta for Preorders and VIPs
4. Re: Medal of Honor Beta for Preorders and VIPs Jun 14, 2010, 23:27 Rhett

The MP trailer looked EXACTLY LIKE COD. Great. Bad enough we got a Transformers COD clone.  

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced
2. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Announced Jun 14, 2010, 20:20 Rhett

[In Dr. Evil Voice]

...Right...

News Comments > New Left 4 Dead 2 Mutation
4. Re: New Left 4 Dead 2 Mutation Jun 12, 2010, 21:58 Rhett

Maybe if the game had changes based around backstabbing other people for certain reasons... but this seems hard-pressed in a game with no other objective other than cooperation... O_o  

482 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo