Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 482 (Amateur)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Reviews
7. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Reviews Nov 11, 2014, 23:41 Rhett

This is not boding well for Far Cry 4. They better not screw that up too. Watch_Dogs was great (but lacked polish), and this sounds just horrible... It has a positive review rating of 35% on Steam right now.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault Preorder Trailer
5. Re: Company of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault Preorder Trailer Nov 8, 2014, 18:01 Rhett

entr0py wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 17:38:
ShakyJake wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 17:28:
$40 for this expansion? That seems a little hefty. Even the Western Front pack they put out seemed a bit slim for $20+, and this is double the price.

Yeah, with the Western Front pack I thought "Oh, it's like a traditional expansion except without the campaign, I guess $20 is reasonable". Now both of them together are $70 compared to the $30 we paid for Opposing Fronts? Madness.

I think the new reality is that new release Relic games are for people with entirely too much money. Average customers need to wait a few months for a sale.

Well, Western Fronts was just like $5 on sale, 1 month after release. That's pretty crazy.

News Comments > Blizzard Announces Overwatch
26. Re: Blizzard Announces Overwatch Nov 7, 2014, 16:32 Rhett

Didn't have high hopes for this, but it looks really cool. I'm just waiting for the announcement of microtransactions/F2P, though, from the looks of it. I hope not, however.  

News Comments > Arma 3 Helicopters DLC Released
7. Re: Arma 3 Helicopters DLC Released Nov 5, 2014, 16:55 Rhett

While I am a little disappointed in how they're handling DLC (ARMA 2 way was best), and how little content this one yields for $16, I love this dev and game. It's not mandatory, and it's really cool if you really like helicopters, but all of the noteworthy features from the DLC were added for everyone for free.

It's more like, "donate $16 and we'll also give you the ability to fly these two sweet helicopters, as well as some VR missions to try them in!". In that way of thinking, reminds me of some kickstarter donation reward schtick... But at least you're guaranteed to get what they're promising. This is kind of how games work now-a-days, sadly, and how companies can afford to keep supporting games.

Hopefully Marksmen (next DLC in 2015) has more content though. The game desperately needs more vanilla gun variety.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed
32. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC First-Person Confirmed Nov 4, 2014, 15:53 Rhett

Please don't ruin the port with fifty different DRMs like GTA 4... And please make it moddable... Please please please. This looks so goddamn good as it stands. Max Payne 3 was fantastic, too. Can't wait.  

News Comments > Cliff Martinez Writing Far Cry 4 Music
4. Re: Cliff Martinez Writing Far Cry 4 Music Nov 3, 2014, 23:14 Rhett

Makes just as much sense as putting the game's competitive multiplayer behind a pay wall as future DLC. Nice.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition
45. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Day Zero Edition Nov 3, 2014, 16:57 Rhett

I feel so dirty for even considering buying it, but a friend says it's amazing.. and we're normally against CoD/Activision. We've both played over a thousand hours of ARMA 3 in the last year, so it'd be quite a change... I just can't justify putting $60 down when the last one was so goddamn awful, as if mocking PC gamers.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M
11. Re: Ubisoft Financials - Watch Dogs Sells 9M Oct 31, 2014, 02:35 Rhett

It was a really fun game IMO... I mean, it had that typical un-polished Ubisoft touch (tm) but with a few more layers of polish, and a lot more care put into the multiplayer, I'd get the next one. I really enjoyed the gunplay and driving, and the engine was pretty slick.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Far Cry 4
1. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 4 Oct 30, 2014, 18:15 Rhett

Please don't suck... Please don't suck... Please don't suck...  

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Lord of the Hunt Announced
8. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Lord of the Hunt Announced Oct 30, 2014, 15:50 Rhett

DrSquick wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 14:50:
Tim Collins wrote on Oct 30, 2014, 14:04:
GOTY

Wow really? I am an absolute LOTR nut, but hadn't looked at this much at all. My initial thoughts were it looked just like an Assassins Creed re-skin, with all the wall climbing and drop attacks. And I heard the ending is a crappy mini-game?

What makes you like it so much? Is it just really fluid combat and a good ole-fashion fun time, or am I missing something?

Batman combat + Assassin's Creed general gameplay + magic and elves = Shadow of Mordor. It's pretty sweet. A great focus on fun, fluid gameplay instead of linear, hand-holding cutscenes.

I love the game, but I kind of got burnt out on it by the second half... It got really easy. Yes, you can still get mobbed and die, but once you get all your abilities unlocked (and especially branding), those bigass warchiefs and the higher-level captains don't really stand a chance. Which I can understand, because they're just orcs, but there should probably be difficulty levels.

News Comments > Arma III Free Weekend
13. Re: Arma III Free Weekend Oct 24, 2014, 00:05 Rhett

Addendum (awesome co-op map): Escape Altis

It's a randomly generated mission for up to 8 people, on the biggest island in the game. You start with nothing but what's off the first guard's back and have to fight, sneak, and loot your way off the island. It's quite hard, but tweakable. Best played with friends, as I don't think there are many, if any, servers for it.

And also Virtual Training Space

VTS is a mission maker from within the game. You can spawn anything, including AI, as well as guns/aircraft/tanks/whatever. Really fun and fairly easy to pick up. Can be played solo.

News Comments > Arma III Free Weekend
12. Re: Arma III Free Weekend Oct 23, 2014, 23:59 Rhett

As I said before, I own two copies and have a minimum combined total of 900 hours in the game... It's awesome. Yes, lots of potential performance issues, though. Takes a bit of tweaking on top of a decent machine.

Sadly, Breaking Point is locking registrations for the mod until the free weekend stops, as it had an influx of hacks and cheats last time it happened.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Media
6. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Media Oct 23, 2014, 16:47 Rhett

Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't-

lurand wrote on Oct 23, 2014, 15:18:

It's WH40k chess.

Dammit.

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2014, 18:00.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer
5. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Oct 19, 2014, 18:31 Rhett

Soooo... bunny hopping makes a triumphant return?  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 17, 2014, 22:28 Rhett

Still not even sure why they're releasing that... Leave old, awesome memories be. Don't try to reskin them and resell them at full price. :/  

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 - Ardennes Assault Preorder Bonus
3. Re: Company of Heroes 2 - Ardennes Assault Preorder Bonus Oct 16, 2014, 23:43 Rhett

This does look cool, but also overpriced, I agree. I might get it eventually, but certainly not at release.  

News Comments > DICE: BF4 Launch "Absolutely" Damaged Player Trust
32. Re: DICE: BF4 Launch Oct 8, 2014, 16:02 Rhett

Heh, and then they did the free 7 day trial of the full game, months after it came out... It was still a buggy mess. I could not enjoy it. I will not buy another BF game for a while, after seeing them shovel this game out, with fresh steam billowing off it.  

News Comments > Gold - Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
15. Re: Re: Gold - Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Oct 2, 2014, 04:50 Rhett

Hmm, that is surprising that it isn't on newer consoles. I went from 360 to PC BL2 and playing it at 60 FPS was an amazing feeling.  

News Comments > Path of Exile Boasts 7M Players
8. Re: Path of Exile Boasts 7M Players Sep 26, 2014, 12:40 Rhett

Ozmodan wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 12:15:
They must be laughing at Blizzard's fumbling attempts with Diablo III.

At least the people making this game saw what worked well in the past games of this genre.

Diablo 3 ended up pretty damn enjoyable though. And at least they're still working on it... I've gotten several hundred hours out of it at this point, both on 360 and PC.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 23, 2014, 12:58 Rhett

Somewhat related: Destiny is awesome.  

482 Comments. 25 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo