Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 387 (Amateur)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March
3. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls in March Dec 19, 2013, 21:27 Rhett

It's more like a $40 patch, but... I admit, the console version of D3 was really, really fun. And that's before all these new features and completely revamped loot.

Cautiously optimistic...?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week
16. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 1, 2013, 18:17 Rhett

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 17:50:
Flak wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 17:18:
Fantaz wrote on Dec 1, 2013, 17:12:
I bought BF4 from Amazon for $24.99 from the BF sale, still haven't tried it yet... also waiting for a deal on Premium, but should be same or cheaper than I paid for the game.

Without angering the EA overlords, a search engine query for 'battlefield 4 mexico' will yield profitable results. You didn't hear it from me Alien Eres bienvenido

There is now word that doing so will invalidate your account from future Origin purchases.....you can add keys to your Origin account, but you will no longer be able to buy directly from Origin.

Oh my.

News Comments > Thanksgiving Mobilization
3. Re: Thanksgiving Mobilization Nov 28, 2013, 22:33 Rhett

And this comes after the $40 Angry Birds for last-gen consoles video game...

Bleh.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Within Released
3. Re: XCOM: Enemy Within Released Nov 15, 2013, 00:16 Rhett

Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 22:36:
Uh, Blue, it was released on Tuesday.

Maybe he was just waiting for Europe. I think it was just released today for EU.

On a semi-related note... pretty awesome expansion if you loved Enemy Unknown.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 2, 2013, 19:34 Rhett

I just can't imagine what goes on here, is all.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Nov 2, 2013, 14:14 Rhett

There's a minecraft convention? Da fuh?  

News Comments > Path of Exile Launches
3. Re: Path of Exile Launches Oct 23, 2013, 19:31 Rhett

DrSquick wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 19:04:
What is people's opinion of this? I know it is unpopular, but I thought Diablo 3 was a very well made game and had a good 80ish hours of fun with it. I've heard PoE is very slow-paced in comparison, and the skill tree is enormous, but filled with uninteresting skills like +5% damage.

Have I heard wrong? Do you guys love this game?

Tried it, played it for a few days... I couldn't get into it. I did recently grab D3 on the consoles, and it's a whole helluva lot better than PC, though. I've played it considerably more than GTA 5, even.

News Comments > Devolver's Blood Hint
5. Re: Devolver's Blood Hint Oct 23, 2013, 04:03 Rhett

InBlack wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 03:44:
Jerykk wrote on Oct 23, 2013, 01:15:
Shadow Warrior was surprisingly good. If they can make a Blood sequel/reboot of the same caliber, I'll definitely pick it up. Shame that the major media outlets basically ignored Shadow Warrior, though. Most of them didn't post any reviews until a week or two after launch.

Yeah it didnt feature on any Steam top 10 lists either, Im afraid the IP is too poorly known with the newer generation of gamers and there was no marketing to speak of.

I grew up on Duke Nukem 3D, Command & Conquer, Quake and Doom and I've still never played Shadow Warrior... What little I've seen of it looked like a reskinned Serious Sam, but I guess I'll take another look... I've even played Blood 1 and 2, and Hexen, now that I've got that warm nostalgia flowing.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 21, 2013, 23:42 Rhett

*facepalm*

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
15. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 6, 2013, 19:33 Rhett

The Kinect might not be built around it, but sure-as-fuck they will shove as many ads as they possibly can, down your throat, while they make you pay to play online or watch Netflix, as they already do on 360. Very close to the top of reasons why I would not consider an XBone... bleh.  

News Comments > Terraria Patched
19. Re: Terraria Patched Oct 1, 2013, 15:56 Rhett

Bhruic wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 13:16:
Hmm, having fun, but it'd have been nice if some of the changes were warned about. I spent a lot of time searching for Iron before I realized that "Iron" was now "Lead" - or at least the Lead did everything Iron used to. Seems like a pointless change, although maybe there'll be a reason down the line. "Gold" is now "Platinum" too, equally jarring.

I did start off in the new snow biome tho', so that's fun!

What they did was add "alternatives" to a lot of the ores. Lead is similar but better than Iron, etc. Can make all the same things out of Lead, too, which is cool.

News Comments > Alien Rage Trailer
5. Re: Alien Rage Trailer Sep 23, 2013, 13:51 Rhett

I don't think it could look or sound any more generic...  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
4. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 22, 2013, 19:16 Rhett

Works fine for me, too (2007 Arcade Pro). I did send it in for an RROD in like 2010 or something, but it works fine. Has a 60GB HDD too...

No freezes, no overheats, etc. Haven't opened it to clean it though. Might consider that, since it's "out of luck" when it comes to further warranty-related issues.

News Comments > DayZ Video Blog
9. Re: DayZ Video Blog Sep 8, 2013, 22:33 Rhett

Longswd wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 19:04:
I don't really understand this game. I've tuned into several different Twitch streams but all I ever see is some guy running alone across a seemingly endless landscape punctuated with an occasional house ruin.

The few times said streamer meets another person it ends badly for one of them.

Maybe all the streamers suck, I dunno but I've tried watching more than a few.

Try watching some of Frankie's DayZ videos for a better example of how DayZ typically plays out. Some of his videos are from DayZ Mods (the later ones), but most of them are vanilla.

I like all the changes so far to standalone, but I wonder if maybe the inventory's getting a little too complex now? I hope it becomes more intuitive. Can't really sit around in DayZ and fiddle with your inventory, unless you're truly in a safe spot out in the woods.

News Comments > Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be "Complicated" (By Activision?)
42. Re: Blizzard: Killing Diablo III Auction House Would be Sep 6, 2013, 20:01 Rhett

Remove the AH, improve itemization in all categories (perhaps an entire revamp?), and add mod support and maybe the expansion sounds worth getting...

But you know they won't do that. Can't wait to see what Diablo 4 has for "features".

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers Becomes Homeworld: Shipbreakers
10. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers Becomes Homeworld: Shipbreakers Sep 2, 2013, 18:36 Rhett

And Borderlands... Can't fault them for that one. Was made in-house, and it's quality.

Curious to see how this goes, but only cautiously optimistic...

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts PC Dedicated Servers Planned
11. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts PC Dedicated Servers Planned Aug 22, 2013, 19:55 Rhett

Perhaps they meant dedicated servers to control their fancy new fish AI?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist; Day One Patch Released
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist; Day One Patch Released Aug 20, 2013, 20:53 Rhett

From what little I've played it (on PC), despite UPlay being a horrible piece of shit, it's a great game and nothing but better than Conviction. Note that I'm not comparing it to Chaos Theory or Pandora Tomorrow. If you like Conviction, you'll love this one.

Also, Spies v Mercs is awesome.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
34. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 8, 2013, 17:54 Rhett

Julio wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 17:39:
InBlack wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 10:01:
Why do some most professional game reviewers post bullshit positive reviews?

Because they're compensated (either paid directly or through advertising). Perhaps the 'fake negative' reviews are actually accurate

Or appeasing to the publisher(s), or getting lots of free swag. :X

But yeah, reviews are generally BS. Never trust them. Only use them for finding out important information about the game, if you must.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
9. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jul 14, 2013, 16:38 Rhett

God damnit, 'Murica.  

387 Comments. 20 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo