Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 541 (Apprentice)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > The Division Trailer
2. Re: The Division Trailer Jun 26, 2015, 17:13 Rhett

Pretty boring "trailer" too... where's the raw gameplay?

Meanwhile we get a 40 minute gameplay video for Metal Gear Solid 5, which looks astounding.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Total War Free Weekend & Sale
2. Re: Total War Free Weekend & Sale Jun 25, 2015, 18:18 Rhett

Awesome, only gonna take two days to download these massive beasts before I can play them. Haha.

ROME 2 is 12.5GB though... not too bad.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update
8. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 09:47 Rhett

Well, this won't go over well, haha.

A shame, all of the past Batman games have been excellent on PC, AFAIK.

News Comments > Planet Coaster Beta Access for $75
9. Re: Planet Coaster Beta Access for $75 Jun 23, 2015, 16:52 Rhett

Planetary Annihilation all over again... that went over well. Game's like $5 on sale now.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 21, 2015, 21:51 Rhett

I've played ARK, and I still don't know how or why people can stay on it for so long... there are people on my friends' main server who stay in-game for up to 10-11 hours at a time.

The game has potential, yes, but it feels so alpha that it's crazy. Or maybe it's the server... it's an official server, almost always full at 70 players. There's rubber banding, lag, delays in doing things, getting stuck in dinosaurs, getting pushed aside by your own dinosaurs (that are following you, and end up on top of you)... RUST is so much more developed, fluid, and better running right now, but it's not as popular. This is basically super-alpha RUST with dinosaurs.

Similar problems as RUST too. Have to play A LOT, consistently, or you lose everything and get raided. Probably the only thing I don't like about RUST. Some people need a break...

This comment was edited on Jun 21, 2015, 21:57.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Co-op Trailer
2. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Co-op Trailer Jun 19, 2015, 01:53 Rhett

Th-...this is a trailer for Terrorist Hunt...  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Video
3. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Gameplay Video Jun 18, 2015, 20:42 Rhett

First game was kinda easy.. but I'm hoping there's enemy counters to this stuff.

If nothing else, the new MGS 5 gameplay made me excited.

News Comments > Arma III Tanoa Expansion
8. Re: Arma III Tanoa Expansion Jun 17, 2015, 17:01 Rhett

Krovven wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 15:34:
Maybe they should focus on fixing listen servers which they apparently broke with the switch from Gamespy to Steam. A friend finally bought me Arma 3 so we could play coop. And we still haven't played it because we can't see or connect to each others game. We've opened up all the ports and still nothing. Wasted money.

I had this issue.. a long time ago. I forget how I fixed it though. Did you try UPNP when making a server? It's a checkbox when making a game.

I usually host whenever we play anything (unless it's Breaking Point). Are you guys subscribed to anything on the workshop? If so, try unsubscribing and running without any extra content.

I'd be happy to try and help some more, if necessary (I love ARMA 3, over 1300 hours in it). Look up "Rhett" on Steam. I have a picture of a cat with human ears. Should be the very first person that comes up.

Edit: This Reddit thread should help. I think what I did, for a while, was give my friends my IP to connect to. Or have it filter specifically for the name of the game. It kinda started working again, after some time.

ARMA 3 Subreddit

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 2015, 17:06.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Gameplay Footage
15. Re: XCOM 2 Gameplay Footage Jun 16, 2015, 14:22 Rhett

Garth goes on to explain that a handful of things in the demo were expedited for demo purposes. I wish it wasn't, but this is probably the most reasonable thing they could come up with in short notice, without revealing too much. Gotta keep stuff to drizzle out for hype!

Some things that won't be in the full game that were in the demo:

Aliens shooting immediately after landing/coming out. They will act like in XCOM:EU. This was just dramatic flair.

Player most likely won't be able to run, or get "two moves" after moving to pick up a comrade. That soldier would not have survived if he didn't have that extra move. (allowed them to show off the new extraction system)

The Viper normally won't kill a soldier as soon as it binds it, if the soldier has decent health, apparently. (from Garth) ... that doesn't make me any less terrified of that tongue, though.

A cool tidbit is that Garth was asked if it's possible to get to the objective while still in stealth, and he said it's possible, just highly unlikely, and very dangerous. Also that while they're adding concealment mechanics, they still know the main focus of the game is its combat.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Announced
10. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Announced Jun 15, 2015, 22:36 Rhett

Pretty cool trailer. I'm hopeful... It better not be arcadey. I want some grit! R6 Siege is already disappointing.

Not following The Division (I mean, I hope it turns out well, but I feel like it's gonna be overhyped), however I heard there's an embargo on information on it at the moment, for some reason.

This team made all the Just Dance games, worked on GR: Future Soldier, and Watch Dogs. I guess we'll see. I enjoyed GR:FS and Watch Dogs, personally.

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
4. Re: Overwatch Trailer Jun 11, 2015, 17:03 Rhett

Haha, I was thinking "Man, this looks boring having a hammer instead of a gun." Then I see the team-wiping 5 kill streak.

I still think that ball-monk-guy looks boring as hell though. The rest have been interesting.

News Comments > Grey Goo Free DLC
5. Re: Grey Goo Free DLC Jun 10, 2015, 15:39 Rhett

Yeah... I forget how I came across it, I think someone said Petroglyph made it and I checked it out. That name is off-putting though.

I did try it, it ran poorly, but the UI reminded me a lot of classic RTS'. That price though.. with no demo... and no marketing...

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
8. Re: Saturday Interviews Jun 6, 2015, 17:31 Rhett

I'm sure it did well enough as it made a lot of people (including myself) enjoy turn-based gameplay, when we typically don't enjoy it. I bought it first on the 360 and it was quite fun.

But I'm not complaining. I hope this means all of their resources are more focused on the game at hand. Just as Creston said, it's my #1 game as well. I cannot wait.

News Comments > Overwatch Reaper Video
1. Re: Overwatch Reaper Video Jun 3, 2015, 14:56 Rhett

What a litterbug, dropping his guns everywhere.  

News Comments > GTA Online Update Next Week
3. Re: GTA Online Update Next Week Jun 1, 2015, 20:49 Rhett

I don't do much with the matchmaking, but playing with friends is pretty painless except for occasional desync. Messing around in deathmatch or missions is pretty fun, or just in free roam.  

News Comments > XCOM 2 Announced
13. Re: XCOM 2 Announced Jun 1, 2015, 20:43 Rhett

Darks wrote on Jun 1, 2015, 18:35:
Sweet, PC exclusive should mean a better UI and Controls to boot.

Cant wait. Hopefully there will be Some Coop this time around.

Only game I'm hyped for at the moment.. that trailer did it for me. Love XCOM: EU. Co-op would make me shed a tear. The new features all look great. The new UI looks good and clean, too.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Launch Event
5. Re: Heroes of the Storm Launch Event May 29, 2015, 17:45 Rhett

Yeah, I hate MOBAs and their toxic communities, but this game's pretty fun. Probably the easiest MOBA I've played, to get into, if you have little experience with one.

And it's not too hard to get more characters. Plus the 'free' roster every week keeps things fun.

News Comments > Borderlands Drop Rate Increases
8. Re: Borderlands Drop Rate Increases May 27, 2015, 12:35 Rhett

I think you can also hex edit all the drop rates, so it's pretty nice... the legendary drop rate was exceptionally low for single players, which I don't get.

But this is only one of many long-term issues Borderlands had. Scaling being another major problem, along with getting one or two-shotted even with a decent shield.

News Comments > Overwatch McCree Trailer
1. Re: Overwatch McCree Trailer May 20, 2015, 17:32 Rhett

Seems pretty fun, but the melee classes seem like they're at a disadvantage and have to corner-camp.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Oculus May 19, 2015, 12:55 Rhett

In fact, it should come with a free bottle of lube and a towel! That'll increase sales. Embrace it!  

541 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo