Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 442 (Amateur)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

News Comments > Warhammer 40:000 Space Marine Demo
2. Re: Warhammer 40:000 Space Marine Demo Aug 23, 2011, 19:15 Rhett

It's a really cool demo. Sad that I can't play it on PC, as I imagine it would look sexy.

Still not going to get it at release, but I do look forward to picking it up when the price drops. Co-op should be a blast.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE Delayed Until October; Steam Promotions
6. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Delayed Until October; Steam Promotions Aug 23, 2011, 15:42 Rhett

Even though I probably won't play it, I still like how they both interact with the community, and reward them for playing more of their games.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Reviews
22. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Reviews Aug 22, 2011, 16:12 Rhett

Quboid wrote on Aug 22, 2011, 14:45:
Many of us got it for $28 thanks to the greenmangaming coupon + sale price stack, not sure if its still going on or not though. Based on the reviews and leaked press beta I'd say its a damned good bargain at that price. If anything I nearly feel bad considering the games got a ton of replay value and a meaty but non-padded length.

That'd be a great price, if I had a working gaming PC. (console gamer for the moment)

I'm sure it's a good game. The leaked beta had a good quality to it even, so I'm sure the final product is well worth the MSRP. But, lately, pretty much everything this year has tanked in price in some form, no more than a month or two after release. May pick up either Dead Island or Space Marine, though. Not sure... (Why those, instead of Deus Ex, you ask? People who want to play it with me. =X)

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Reviews
11. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Reviews Aug 22, 2011, 15:26 Rhett

Quboid wrote on Aug 22, 2011, 14:45:
I don't give a lot of credence to pre-release reviews any more. What did the site do to get an advance copy? Probably nothing, but possibly a guarantee of 90+ score.

It's usually just relations between the site and the publisher. Typically favorable reviews are better PR, which result in more games/swag for the reviewer(s). I've also personally seen/been told to raise scores slightly just because the publisher "liked us" or had personal ties to people who worked at the site. Though, it's nothing new.

While I'm sure it's an excellent game, I'm waiting until it's pretty cheap. I've never even fully played through previous Deus Ex games, though I am looking forward to (eventually) playing through this one.

News Comments > Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch
39. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 21, 2011, 16:43 Rhett

BC2's Squad Deathmatch was fun. I don't think it had straight-up 6v6 or 12v12 DM, though.

Conquest was pretty retarded, as it always boiled down to someone decent getting in a chopper, which was way too hard to shoot down.

Thank goodness there's stinger missiles and more, this time around.

News Comments > Ghost Recon Future Soldier MP Trailer
8. Re: Ghost Recon Future Soldier MP Trailer Aug 16, 2011, 19:43 Rhett

I wasn't sure what to think after hearing Kinect functionality would be in the game, but this looks pretty cool. Surely needs to be a bit more polished, and I'm sure everyone will be a sniper, but I think I could enjoy it.

Though, I'm a fan of these 3rd person Ghost Recon re-invigorations. Not that the originals for PC weren't cool, but I adore 3rd person games and wish more tactical shooters would use it.

News Comments > Runic on Diablo III vs. Torchlight 2 RMTs and DRM
2. Re: Runic on Diablo III vs. Torchlight 2 RMTs and DRM Aug 10, 2011, 22:13 Rhett

I really, really hope they add mod support in the future. D2 mods were some of the most engrossing fun ever!

This is also relevant, and an interesting read:

Blizzard and the Two-Level Deception

No comments or thoughts on it at the moment, but someone may want to check it out.

News Comments > DRIVER San Francisco PC Delayed, No Demo, Mac Version TBD
4. Re: DRIVER San Francisco PC Delayed, No Demo, Mac Version TBD Aug 10, 2011, 22:06 Rhett

It's out on 360 at the very least, and it's pretty boring/bland with bad writing. Cars feel like tanks, even.

Can't really recommend it to anyone...

Check out Dirt 3 or GRiD if you need to get your race on.

News Comments > Black Ops DLC will Fight Lunar Zombies
4. Re: Black Ops DLC will Fight Lunar Zombies Aug 3, 2011, 18:01 Rhett

I haven't even heard anyone that I know has bought previous packs, actually say that they were "money well spent."  

News Comments > Epic on Bulletstorm Sales
29. Re: Epic on Bulletstorm Sales Jul 23, 2011, 16:27 Rhett

wonkawonka wrote on Jul 23, 2011, 16:17:
I liked Bulletstorm much more than I thought I would. It was gifted to me so price wasn't a factor, but still I value my time much more than the $20-60 the game might cost.
The main negative about Bulletsorm is that it's on rails. The positives are many: tactical scoring with cool combos, a decent story, good visuals.
Bulletsorm was a good title with innovative elements, and I was happy to have played it (and I still play the Echoes every once in a while to let off steam).

And the main character is voiced by Steve Blum. Though, he's got his hands in like every shooter now-a-days. He did an excellent drunken space pirate badass. I thoroughly enjoyed the game, but my main issue was that some combos were much better in repetition than creativity, at some points. Very fun, creative shooter that is pretty cheap now.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: BioWare says 18 Percent of... Jul 20, 2011, 12:47 Rhett

I imagine it doesn't help that female Shepards are always ugly, no matter what you do to them. (lolwut)  

News Comments > PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC This Month
8. Re: PC Call of Duty: Black Ops Annihilation DLC This Month Jul 15, 2011, 15:00 Rhett

The worst part is that I know at least a few other CoD players, and they keep buying the map packs... and never play it again afterwards. Every time.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 14, 2011, 01:23 Rhett

Soooooo.... $99 console special edition, including a headset that won't work with either system? (obviously sound output will still work, but not voice)

WUT?

Also, take out the headphones, add a steelbook and maybe I'd slam $70 on it, eagerly.

News Comments > New Battlefield 3 Details
4. Re: New Battlefield 3 Details Jul 7, 2011, 20:56 Rhett

*drools*

If they add bot support, I'll just die.

News Comments > GFW and Xbox.com Marketplaces Merging
26. Re: GFW and Xbox.com Marketplaces Merging Jul 1, 2011, 14:06 Rhett

I hope this means Xbox.com will get more attention, as it's the slowest and most unreliable website I've ever been to. Absolutely awful.

I think I read somewhere that it was because of all these sites trying to constantly update signatures of people's 360 avatars and game progress. Yet Microsoft won't limit it for some reason.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2011, 15:53 Rhett

A plague of grackles? Sounds like a goblin sub-race in some fantasy world.

Still pretty bad-ass, though.

News Comments > Free ECA Membership
1. Re: Free ECA Membership May 24, 2011, 23:10 Rhett

I've heard that before.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Online Announced
3. Re: Ghost Recon Online Announced May 24, 2011, 13:52 Rhett

What is this I don't even?  

News Comments > Command & Conquer Suggestions Sought
21. Re: I have a suggestion: Balance May 18, 2011, 17:22 Rhett

Give it back to Westwood/Petroglyph.

I added my two cents...

News Comments > Premium WoW Cross-Realm Play
12. Re: Premium WoW Cross-Realm Play May 18, 2011, 12:16 Rhett

At least you can't log in to Facebook through the game... yet.  

442 Comments. 23 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo