Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 684 (Apprentice)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced
1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 14, 2015, 19:31 Rhett

I figured it was to attempt to be realistic, but yeah... it was definitely unbalanced. Once an AT-AT gets over the rebel spawn, it's just silly.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Trailer
4. Re: Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Trailer Oct 13, 2015, 07:19 Rhett

jdreyer wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 22:06:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 20:42:
Must be the time of year all the really awesome games get shallow shitty remakes.

RIP Battlefront and Rainbow Six.

ALso, no bots no sale here.

Honestly, in the beta, I spent 99% of my time in Terrorist Hunt. If they make a few tweaks (like AI not spawning outside) and more map randomness/variety... It's gonna be awesome. Also, as I got my code for free with a GTX 970, I'd expect to be able to find cheap codes ($25ish) online, so it can't be that bad. I'd certainly not pay full price for it as it currently stands though.

Still baffled why they didn't think a Vegas-esque game wasn't worth it though. A 'Vegas 3' with a new engine would have gone soooo well.

Or why Red Storm didn't get to jump onto a new R6? Instead they're off making shitty Far Cry games, and Ghost Recon.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2015, 15:56 Rhett

NKD wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 15:24:
I wish our prison system was better. Even a short stint in prison is extremely unlikely to make a positive change in this guys behavior. People almost always come out worse off than they went in, and more of a threat to society.

We can't let the behavior go unanswered, but at the same time, are we doing more harm than good by converting this social retard into an actual criminal?

I feel like a more creative punishment should be in order. Maybe a ban from computers, and a court order to seek and maintain gainful employment in a low tech field of work. Sort of a rehab for addiction to being an internet fuckwad.

Just one idea.

Yeah, but then we also have privatized prisons who are paid just to have prisoners. So they don't care. It's just livestock to them.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Three Sets Dubious Record; HL3 Clue in Dota 2?
22. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode Three Sets Dubious Record; HL3 Clue in Dota 2? Oct 12, 2015, 14:31 Rhett

I don't even see why this is news... HL3 is more of a meme than a game anymore.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day
12. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 12, 2015, 14:29 Rhett

Drayth wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 13:38:
Love the graphics. I'm not in to buying full priced MP only games though, but I just need remind myself the next Mass Effect will be using this engine and it's all good again. I'll wait.

Nice. Hype. I, too, am already bored of the beta. Hoth is unbalanced, and the lack of team balancing/mixing is just stupid. Lets keep the same teams until everyone leaves!

Very pretty, cinematic game though.

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 2M
13. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Sells 2M Oct 9, 2015, 12:30 Rhett

I'm kinda not surprised this is selling so well. I just wish the devs would stop screwing around with content and put out a decent optimization patch. And also re-work dedicated server support, because it's just awful right now. Admin controls are hacked-up in-game UIs that are centered around using cheat codes to get anything done. Still doable, but it's unnecessarily crude and the server doesn't log ANY useful information.

I'd link my friend's server that is fairly popular (a steady playerbase of up to 50ish people at a time) but we just ran into severe server issues overnight and have to switch hosts.

Don't ever use Bluefang Solutions. Very unhelpful server providers.

News Comments > Armored Warfare Open Beta
2. Re: Armored Warfare Open Beta Oct 9, 2015, 00:26 Rhett

I was actually interested until I saw it was another F2P tank game... ugh.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 6, 2015, 18:00 Rhett

Ha. Wow. (FOB Insurance)

Fuck Konami. I hope their pachinko games fail and they go out of business.

News Comments > RollerCoaster Tycoon World in December
5. Re: RollerCoaster Tycoon World in December Sep 29, 2015, 18:29 Rhett

Still looks really cool and overdue, though... Guess we'll have to wait and see.  

News Comments > Hitman Rollout Detailed
3. Re: Hitman Rollout Detailed Sep 29, 2015, 18:26 Rhett

So... early access, without calling it early access... This is kinda weird. I don't like Square Enix though.  

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 26, 2015, 12:36 Rhett

Depressing. People can't look past immediate minor issues and see the big picture. Actually makes me a little sad that's even an article. As if flaunting it at Sonic, hoping for even lower prices.  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Closed Beta Access
2. Re: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Closed Beta Access Sep 23, 2015, 21:11 Rhett

While I agree, it does look a lot better than the early gameplay they showed. Still a ways to go though... Ubisoft's gonna fuck it up like they manage to with most games, I'm sure.

Looking forward to the... 4-day long closed "beta" with staggered invites despite guaranteed beta access. Grand. Gonna try it at least.

News Comments > Overwatch Video Overload
2. Re: Overwatch Video Overload Sep 22, 2015, 20:28 Rhett

I'm just sick of all these videos. Let people play already!  

News Comments > Dead Island Epidemic Ending Next Month
6. Re: Dead Island Epidemic Ending Next Month Sep 17, 2015, 16:09 Rhett

PHJF wrote on Sep 17, 2015, 12:21:
NOW GET THESE FUCKING COUPONS OUT OF MY STEAM INVENTORY

Yessssss. Gave this shitty game to everyone I know that didn't have it, and I still have like 7 of these shits in my inventory...

On a similar note, I got Dying Light recently after they both released a demo, and significantly improved performance from launch, and it's quite awesome. A lot better than Dead Island, but clearly based off of it. I believe Techland made, or had their hand in, Dead Island, but branched off on their own. Soon, they're coming out with a new DLC called The Following, that adds what appears to be a significant amount of content (including a new, completely different zone/terrain).

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 14, 2015, 18:46 Rhett

Dagnamit wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 17:49:
Rhett wrote on Sep 14, 2015, 16:41:
Absolutely despise these ISPs today, but...

I did contact TWC's support twitter telling them I'm about to cancel because of my high bill ($150/mo for basic cable and 15mbit down/3mbit up internet) and they lowered it by $50 for a year. From one tweet. So if anyone's dealing with a similar bill, I recommend doing that.

Albeit you have to create a twit account (which can be a throwaway! it doesn't have to be tied to your main emails or anything)

120 down/25 up; with OTA channels on a cable box + HBO/HBOGO; $60/mo. Xfinity can be surprisingly easy to haggle down. You just have to find the right person to talk to. If someone can't give you better deal, keep calling until you find someone that will.

Damn, that's pretty nice. I didn't actually get to talk to anyone for this one, though. And I believe they can't/won't change your promo deal until it's over.

I'd honestly cancel cable TV if it weren't for other people in the house. I imagine TWC would charge a similar price for just internet because they're gigantic assholes though.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 14, 2015, 16:41 Rhett

Absolutely despise these ISPs today, but...

I did contact TWC's support twitter telling them I'm about to cancel because of my high bill ($150/mo for basic cable and 15mbit down/3mbit up internet) and they lowered it by $50 for a year. From one tweet. So if anyone's dealing with a similar bill, I recommend doing that.

Albeit you have to create a twit account (which can be a throwaway! it doesn't have to be tied to your main emails or anything)

News Comments > New GTA Online Mode Next Week
10. Re: New GTA Online Mode Next Week Sep 11, 2015, 01:10 Rhett

Can't wait to see how little RP and money you get for these, too... And also what the status is for the online PC multiplayer regarding cheaters. :/  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Mod & DLC Plans
10. Re: Fallout 4 Mod & DLC Plans Sep 9, 2015, 19:45 Rhett

jimnms wrote on Sep 9, 2015, 18:45:
Jivaro wrote on Sep 9, 2015, 16:43:
Although the cynic in me wants to take a couple shots at the the "regular updates" and "DLC" sections, the fanboy in me is winning the battle and all I can really say is...

GIVE ME THE DAMN GAME ALREADY.

The cynical fanboy in me is saying this will be the worst Fallout yet. So far from what I've seen, voiced protagonist and limited dialog options, it looks like Fallout 4 will be more FPS like and less of an RPG.

I have to agree. It looks less sandbox-y, less random, more linearly-aimed. I'm not excited for it... Way more excited for XCOM 2!

News Comments > Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen PC Plans
1. Re: Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen PC Plans Sep 8, 2015, 17:20 Rhett

Ooooh, sweet. I really wanted to get into this on consoles but it had so many issues that come with Japan-developed games. Weird fonts, silly menus, black bars across the screen at all times... I hope it's improved for PC.  

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend
1. Re: Killing Floor 2 Free Weekend Sep 4, 2015, 08:18 Rhett

Ooh, I've been wanting to try this for a while now.  

684 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo