Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 684 (Apprentice)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > EVE Online Adds Skillpoint Trading
2. Re: EVE Online Adds Skillpoint Trading Feb 11, 2016, 04:20 Rhett

Yeah, this is really cool. I don't play anymore, but I can tell it's gonna be super popular.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Division Open Beta Next Week
4. Re: The Division Open Beta Next Week Feb 9, 2016, 16:35 Rhett

I'll probably play the open beta (LOVED the closed beta) but if there's even a hint of hacks still working, I won't be PVPing... ugh. Friend went and bought one just to see how bad it was, and it is REALLY bad. Hopefully there's some anticheat here or this beta is DOA. Nevermind the IP thing.  

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition Released
2. Re: Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition Released Feb 9, 2016, 10:47 Rhett

Yep! Should be fun! They pushed it back, added it to the season pass for a time (without it having been announced as a part of it) and generally seem to care about the quality of it, so I have high hopes.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition
5. Re: Steam Top 10 - XCOM 2 Edition Feb 7, 2016, 15:13 Rhett

Doma wrote on Feb 7, 2016, 14:02:
That is a ton of XCOM 2, but damn its sure is good.

The game is fantastic but also pretty brutal at times. Its very tightly tuned and you can fuck up the campaign easy I think.

Still, its freaking great.

Definitely easy to fuck it up. Also, the turn timers are unforgiving. Very unforgiving. You will "fail" missions if you don't blitz the damn thing, and even then you will probably lose someone.

Thankfully there's already a mod that boosts the turn timers for each mission, but it adds 4 turns where I think just two would be OK. Or it would be nice if it didn't count concealment turns, but it does (and there's a mod that does that too).

Game is pretty brutal though. Legitimately stressful early on, if you started on a higher difficulty. Tons of replay value. I'm like 15 hours in and still haven't bothered with Psi Operatives, primarily because of major budget issues. I have top tier armor (AFAIK) and half of the plasma weapons, and still struggling at times. I had the Avatar project down to ONE DAY (AKA you lose the game) before I was able to get to a facility to stop it. Intense.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Invades
25. Re: XCOM 2 Invades Feb 5, 2016, 18:56 Rhett

Been playing it since yesterday afternoon. Playing on Commander (Classic), and it feels a lot more fair than EU. It makes up for the "fairness" with more enemies, I think. I'm often going up against 2-3-4 pods at once, without even moving up. God damn.

It is really fun though. I love it. So many more choices.

News Comments > Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition Next Week
4. Re: Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition Next Week Feb 2, 2016, 08:43 Rhett

That's XCOM, baby.

Gotta go with the flow and deal with the cards you're dealt. That's what makes it fun!

This + XCOM 2 is gonna fill up Feb for me!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 1, 2016, 15:58 Rhett

Rigs wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 13:28:
How about improving performance on low-mid range PC's?! I would love to get into this game but currently, on my Core i5-750 (1st Gen) /2.66ghz, 6gb 1333/DDR3 of RAM and HD7850/1gb, it runs like a slideshow on anything but the lowest of the low settings. I KNOW my system can handle this thing on better graphics settings, it doesn't have to look like the first Novalogic Delta Force in order to be playable...

=-Rigs-=

I had the same video card, but got a GTX 970... game went from horrific and barely playable, to a gorgeous, smooth, beautiful game. I loved my 7850, but I'd highly recommend looking into a new card.

Though, as an ARK admin (sorta player, but I spend a lot of time in ARK), I will say that the game needs a LOT of work. They break something 1:1 with everything they "fix".

News Comments > The Division Beta Extended
13. Re: The Division Beta Extended Feb 1, 2016, 14:14 Rhett

Yep.. it got pretty rampant from what I heard. Luckily I played so much of it that I'm actually totally satiated until it comes out. Assuming they can prove that they have competent anticheat. Siege was already a ruse that I'd still be pissed about, if I had paid full price (thankfully it was free).

Or maybe enough people will do it so rampantly that it smacks them in the fact. GTA 5 is STILL filled with cheaters, even.

News Comments > The Division Beta Extended
10. Re: The Division Beta Extended Feb 1, 2016, 13:44 Rhett

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 1, 2016, 12:57:
Is the MP anything like how Warframe is setup? Not the setting it's played in.

As someone who has played both games, sorta.

The game is PVE until you enter the Dark Zone. You can do everything solo, or matchmake to find a group at any time. There is also public area chat, and a social hub. When wandering around, however, you will NOT see other players unless you're in the dark zone or the social hub.

Content scales quite a bit depending on number of players too (PVE-wise). There is one mission in the beta, and it's technically a short one-boss dungeon, with two difficulties. Difficulty affects loot as well as the reward for finishing the mission.

PVP can be done solo, but it's easy to talk to people and group up in the dark zone as well (no friendly fire this way). It's very easy to screw up and get yourself killed, so it's highly advisable to make friends quickly.

News Comments > Sunday Previews
19. Re: Sunday Previews Jan 31, 2016, 22:06 Rhett

I had the same feelings, and I was really disappointed so much was locked (wings, updates, perks, talents, crafting) and NPCs were significantly reduced supposedly, but the PVP was just amazing. A great blend of DayZ but streamlined. A lot of QoL and awesome things were taken into consideration that are usually just "bugs" or ignored, too, like killing the boss in the one mission before he drops (negating his loot) causes more enemies to spawn, one of which drops his loot.

However, ran into invisible ghosting cheaters last night at the very end which makes me VERY worried about the future of the game.

News Comments > SNOW Open Beta
4. Re: SNOW Open Beta Jan 29, 2016, 06:42 Rhett

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 29, 2016, 03:37:
Looks cool but 1) no snowboarding 2) stupid fucking tutorial wants to make you do all sorts of tony hawk bullshit to get through it. I just want to fuck around and ski.

I hit the same wall lol. Back out of it (which crashes the game for me.. ha.) and go back and skip it. Then you can do whatever. It was honestly kinda peaceful, but very boring. Didn't see a single other person. Had a good laugh at the ragdolls spazzing out though.

News Comments > Free League of Legends Bundle
3. Re: Free League of Legends Bundle Jan 23, 2016, 18:47 Rhett

Yifes wrote on Jan 23, 2016, 17:03:
Don't be ashamed. It's a great game and constantly improving.

It doesn't hurt to try it, especially now that toxicity is less of problem with the new automated report and ban system.

Well, I will not play it competitively, only co-op (pretty sure there's a co-op anyway), as I did with DOTA 2... I COULD play competitively but I just don't want to. The community in DOTA 2 was occasionally toxic even against AI lol... so ridiculous.

News Comments > Free League of Legends Bundle
1. Re: Free League of Legends Bundle Jan 23, 2016, 16:28 Rhett

I'm a little ashamed to admit I finally made an LoL account for this.

But I did not install it.

Tempted though...

News Comments > No Mods for The Division; PC Specs Revealed
8. Re: No Mods for The Division; PC Specs Revealed Jan 22, 2016, 23:24 Rhett

Looking forward to the beta, but worried their shitty, shitty servers and foresight will ruin everything (LIKE USUAL...).

Also a little bit of cringe in that they had to announce "custom controls".

News Comments > New Free Sven Co-op Friday
2. Re: New Free Sven Co-op Friday Jan 20, 2016, 03:24 Rhett

Hooooly crap, can't believe this mod's still in the works. Lots of fun when I was younger.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition
4. Re: Gone Gold - Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition Jan 19, 2016, 00:11 Rhett

Yeah, plus adding this expansion onto existing season pass holders! Pretty swell move.

Really excited to get back into this game with this DLC, and a friend.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 18, 2016, 15:43 Rhett

I agree, it looks like Far Cry 4 without guns. Elephants = Mammoths. UI is the same. Animations look the same. World looks very similar.

Just disgusting all-around.

I swear if Ghost Recon: Wildlands sucks...

News Comments > The Division Beta This Month
5. Re: The Division Beta This Month Jan 15, 2016, 17:45 Rhett

Bring on more server problems, because Ubisoft really can't be bothered to give a shit!

Also: R6 Siege beta was a disaster. "Guaranteed access" my ass. A lot of preorders didn't even get their keys.

News Comments > Metal Gear Online Offline
2. Re: Metal Gear Online Offline Jan 13, 2016, 23:37 Rhett

Yep.. Fuck FOBs and screw this, if they aren't gonna put in some good anticheat.  

News Comments > Amazon Prime Discounting Game Preorders
5. Re: Amazon Prime Discounting Game Preorders Jan 12, 2016, 21:55 Rhett

At least they're trying! Pretty minor bonus on top of everything else with Prime, but a decent one.  

684 Comments. 35 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo