Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 560 (Apprentice)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Satellite Reign Released
25. Re: Satellite Reign Released Aug 28, 2015, 19:17 Rhett

So I've played this.. and it's alright, but not quite what I was expecting. Also fairly hard. I'm gonna give it another try though.

How does it compare gameplay-wise to Shadowrun though? I've wanted to try Shadowrun but really don't want to get into the lore/story etc. I've heard that it's heavily story-oriented, meanwhile I want to focus on the action and my squad, like in XCOM.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > XCOM 2 Delayed
3. Re: XCOM 2 Delayed Aug 28, 2015, 18:24 Rhett

Awwwww ... That was my 2nd most anticipated game this year, just behind MGS 5

Well, they'll use the time wisely. The game looks awesome so far.

This only makes the wait for MGS 5 even harder...

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Video Diary
3. Re: Just Cause 3 Video Diary Aug 28, 2015, 04:53 Rhett

Haha. I'm also surprised no co-op, after those people put in so much effort and made that mod, and it was well-received.  

News Comments > The Phantom Pain PvP Not Paywalled
15. Re: The Phantom Pain PvP Not Paywalled Aug 25, 2015, 17:44 Rhett

Total-Khaos wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 14:53:

...so....a bonafide mobile game that I can play from the comfort of my PC? No thank you.

Well, it's entirely optional. The main "fun point" of it is supposed to be infiltrating another player's base, as each base will be different.

Here's a bunch of gameplay primarily about Mother Base, with the latter portion being all about FOBs (and showcasing a PVP encounter in full).

News Comments > The Phantom Pain PvP Not Paywalled
6. Re: The Phantom Pain PvP Not Paywalled Aug 25, 2015, 10:23 Rhett

Just a heads up... this is basically what paying equates to:

You get more resources (or whatever.. I think FOBs give more than just resources, maybe the ability to house more personnel).

You also have to pay in-game currency (GMP) to set up security on this FOB, via soldiers, traps, drones, and more.

The more valuable the FOB is, the more valuable of a target it is to other, attacking players.

Attacking players, if successful, can and will make off with some of your soldiers, supplies and possibly more depending on what they fulton out. Defenders, if the attacker was successfully identified as an intruder, can go get these things back (if successful), though.

FOBs are COMPLETELY SEPARATE from the upcoming adversarial team-vs-team multiplayer mode. I don't know if that will have any microtransactions, but I believe there either aren't any, or it's purely cosmetic. Not sure yet.

FOBs are completely optional. And you can also, I believe, disable online functionality, but I'm not sure how/if that can be abused (going 'offline', setting up defenses, raking in resources etc) or if going 'offline' disables having additional FOBs (which seem to be what costs money).

Lastly, keep in mind that FOB resources primarily only affect the single-player progression, and by proxy, I guess, other FOBs. Nothing is exclusive or limited to paying players.

Still, shouldn't have ANY microtransactions, but I'd blame Konami for that one, and also probably thank Kojima there aren't more than that.

News Comments > MGS5 Online PvP Paywall
13. Re: MGS5 Online PvP Paywall Aug 25, 2015, 01:04 Rhett

Tumbler wrote on Aug 24, 2015, 13:27:
I look forward the drama that I'm sure will surround this game's release.

Popcorn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlRErLFIOhQ&feature=youtu.be

News Comments > Hearthstone The Grand Tournament Expansion Released
3. Re: Hearthstone The Grand Tournament Expansion Released Aug 24, 2015, 19:12 Rhett

Haha. At least here you get something to play with. In CS:GO, you're basically just throwing money into a blender for some colors.  

News Comments > Dota 2 Update & Adult Swim Voice Pack
1. Re: Dota 2 Update & Adult Swim Voice Pack Aug 21, 2015, 16:17 Rhett

Wubba lubba dub dub!  

News Comments > XCOM 2 Trailer
17. Re: XCOM 2 Trailer Aug 20, 2015, 16:45 Rhett

For those interested, here's a 1-hour stream that analyzes the trailer and also releases some new info, by Jake Solomon and Pete Murray.

http://www.twitch.tv/firaxisgames/v/11913489

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Diablo III Rewards
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Diablo III Rewards Aug 17, 2015, 20:36 Rhett

Season 3 ends in just under a week too. Patch 2.3 should be a good time to look back into it.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
8. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2015, 05:52 Rhett

Well, I was sorta looking forward to Windows 10 (still using 7, haven't touched 8 at all) but this... this seems like a step in a scary direction. Wouldn't be surprised if, ironically, it leads to more people pirating it.  

News Comments > More Diablo III 2.3.0 Details
7. Re: More Diablo III 2.3.0 Details Aug 14, 2015, 22:09 Rhett

Plus the new legendary power thing where you basically have 3 new slots for legendaries. That's gonna change the whole game completely.

And create some fun new builds. Hopefully more build diversity.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Notes
3. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Patch Notes Aug 10, 2015, 18:01 Rhett

Quinn wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 17:51:
Drayth wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 17:38:
Their new SP DLC is about to launch. The patch probably ties in with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_L4qyvxAFI

Nice! Is this the second SP DLC? I missed the first one. Wonder if it's any good. Also, is there a statement on how many SP DLCs will come? On phone at work atm so cannot do the research ^^ I'll wait for them all to be released, then do a massive replay of the game with a new motivation to do so because of the new mysteries out there.

Ps: Yup, despite all the negativity on Bluesnews regarding DA:I, I'm still one of its fans. Game has been a blast of an experience for me.

I really enjoyed it as well. I've been meaning to get back to it.. never finished it. Got it when it came out... I wonder how the multiplayer is now. It was so horribly clunky, with voice chat being always on and having so many connectivity issues.

News Comments > Blizzard Diablo Job Posting
5. Re: Blizzard Diablo Job Posting Aug 10, 2015, 18:00 Rhett

I'm sure it's the expansion.. there's still one to go, and it still hasn't been announced. I wish they'd end this damn season though. I'm sure there's barely anyone still participating in it anyway. Everyone wants 2.3!

I recently started playing Grim Dawn after owning it for a while now, and it's pretty fun, too. Just doesn't feel worthwhile playing D3 right now without that patch.

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Progression Glitch; Balance Changes Outlined
2. Re: Heroes of the Storm Progression Glitch; Balance Changes Outlined Aug 9, 2015, 02:26 Rhett

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Aug 8, 2015, 17:48:
Just found out about this the hard way right now.

Don't they usually compensate with boosters/stim packs though?

News Comments > Diablo III Season 3 Ending This Month
1. Re: Diablo III Season 3 Ending This Month Aug 7, 2015, 18:25 Rhett

Supposedly the new 2.3 patch comes out after S3 ends, too. Only thing I'm looking forward to...  

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Legion Announced
5. Re: World of Warcraft: Legion Announced Aug 6, 2015, 14:24 Rhett

Oh, it's just that class people have been asking for since Burning Crusade...

I wonder how many other things they're holding back for these one-off expansions, as the main draw.

News Comments > Diablo III 2.3 Preview
8. Re: Diablo III 2.3 Preview Aug 4, 2015, 20:45 Rhett

Redmask wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 18:45:
Their leaked roadmap from a few years back had 2 expansions listed so yeah there will be another.

I hope it has better zone design than the last. They have done great work in patching up the mess that was the launch game but there is still much to be done.

I'm sorta surprised they don't just start over with Diablo 4, instead of constantly updating this one for free. The game has come so far from when it was released, though. It's so much more enjoyable.

News Comments > METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Earlier on PCs
3. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN Earlier on PCs Aug 3, 2015, 15:22 Rhett

Whoa, awesome news. Less than a month to go then!

I recently grabbed Ground Zeroes (which sucks, seeing this preorder bonus) and after actually giving it a real chance this time and spending time with it, I love it. The game will be amazing. There's so much freedom even in Ground Zeroes that I simply can't wait.

News Comments > Call to Arms Early Access
2. Re: Call to Arms Early Access Jul 30, 2015, 19:54 Rhett

I'm also eagerly looking forward to this, though the devs were kinda sketchy on MoW: Assault Squad 2. The price was low-ish, and they did patch it up and add content, but still a little annoyed they made MP AI a seperate DLC.  

560 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo