Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Patrick

Real Name Patrick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Rhett
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 25, 2009, 17:36
Total Comments 480 (Amateur)
User ID 55108

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Patch
12. Re: Far Cry 4 Patch Nov 25, 2014, 06:32 Rhett

Tehol wrote on Nov 25, 2014, 03:13:
Ahem.... can you ride elephants? Does it have quick save?

Yes. Not sure, but I think so (I tend not to quick-save).

And it has rhinos, but you can't ride them. They are terrifying badasses though. And eagles. And honey badgers. Fuck eagles and honey badgers. Honey badger don't give a shit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Patch
10. Re: Far Cry 4 Patch Nov 25, 2014, 02:23 Rhett

Game's awesome. So very close to GOTY quality. I bet if it had a couple months, and a few more features (like playing the entire campaign in co-op), it would be stellar. It's awesome fun as it stands, though. Nothing but improvements (in most cases anyway) over FC3.

I had some stuttering problems, but that was solved by a fellow Blues member (I believe) who recommended lowering my textures and messing with Post FX.

Co-op's awesome, but I wish there was more to do. Also there are odd syncing issues where the host can see things that the other player can't.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale This Week
11. Re: So many! Nov 23, 2014, 20:38 Rhett

I think my wallet's safe... I've got Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age, as well as the usual ARMA 3 (Breaking Point) and DayZ Standalone filling my time...  

News Comments > On Assassin's Creed Unity Microtransactions
6. Re: On Assassin's Creed Unity Microtransactions Nov 21, 2014, 18:53 Rhett

Oh, don't worry. I'm sure an upcoming DLC will allow you to spend more.  

News Comments > On Assassin's Creed Unity Microtransactions
1. Re: On Assassin's Creed Unity Microtransactions Nov 21, 2014, 17:08 Rhett

Unity had microtransactions? Wow, Ubisoft. Trying to set some new records for how horrible a game you released can be?  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's "Biggest Entertainment Launch"; Series Tops $10B
22. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's Nov 20, 2014, 17:34 Rhett

I kind of enjoyed Advanced Kevin Spacey, but I regret spending $60 on it... I had a lot of fun in the campaign + with bots and exo survival, but the game lacks... interesting guns and killstreaks, I guess. It was a step in the right direction at least.

Also, they promised ded servers and are still fumbling trying to make excuses on that one. Last COD I buy for a very long while.

News Comments > METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES Specs
4. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES Specs Nov 20, 2014, 02:42 Rhett

Yeah, that's the only good thing to come out of this. I'm curious to see how it runs, since Konami typically treats games with an incredible amount of care.  

News Comments > METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES Specs
2. Re: METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES Specs Nov 19, 2014, 23:50 Rhett

December 18th... Just snaked its way into this year, eh? Crazy. Looking forward to it. Never beat MGS 4, but don't have a PS3...

Edit: Just realized this is that damn, stupid demo they charged for. Damnit.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age: Inquisition
50. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dragon Age Inquisition Nov 18, 2014, 18:18 Rhett

Speaking of idiots, I saw a review giving the game a 1/5 because the guy bought a digital copy and didn't know it REQUIRED Origin. He said he wished he had known, because he would have gotten a boxed copy instead because "Origin is garbage malware" or something along those lines. When the game requires Origin, regardless. Poor sap.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 4
37. Re: Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 4 Nov 18, 2014, 17:59 Rhett

Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2014, 16:51:
I really hope the outposts/fortresses whatever are a lot more difficult in FC4. They were way too easy in FC3.

Did a few outposts and one stronghold with a friend last night. Stronghold was very, very tough (on Normal). We had an RPG, but hadn't upgraded our ammo/holsters very much so we were kinda gimped. Took several tries and lots of accidental face-planting onto minefields, but we took it... I think it was probably the "easy" stronghold too, since it was the southern-most one. All the outposts we've seen have been pushovers though.

Considering putting difficulty on 'hard', however, when enemies get a bead on you, they already do considerable damage. I feel like I'm dying a lot more than in FC3.

News Comments > New AMD Beta Driver
2. Re: New AMD Beta Driver Nov 18, 2014, 17:56 Rhett

Didn't make a difference in FC4 for me. FX6350 / 7850 =/

However, the game runs fantastically already. I had to lower textures down to 'low' from 'high' to get rid of 95% of the stuttering though. Game still looks gorgeous.

News Comments > No MP for Just Cause 3 Launch
12. Re: No MP for Just Cause 3 Launch Nov 18, 2014, 17:40 Rhett

I'm sure something will come, but I'm really disheartened that they're not straight up announcing AT LEAST a co-op-capable story...  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 18, 2014, 00:27 Rhett

Good on Bungie for addressing so many things. I already sold my copy, but I hope they pour lots of effort into Destiny. Was a lot of fun up until endgame.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer
15. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Launch Trailer Nov 17, 2014, 22:55 Rhett

I'm so excited for this game, but ended up buying FC4 instead (for now - I will not pass up DA:I)... Even though I wasn't that excited for FC4, lol.

Man, it looks so good and engrossing.

News Comments > Goat Simulator Free MMO Expansion Thursday
13. Re: Goat Simulator Free MMO Expansion Thursday Nov 17, 2014, 13:07 Rhett

Looks like a fair amount of content for free. I was really hoping for online multiplayer, though.

It's a fun game for $5, but it's one of those games you have to have the itch for. A game just for dicking around.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 14, 2014, 14:10 Rhett

Guys, guys... we're all here to bash the XBone, not muffins. Leave muffins out of this.  

News Comments > The Crew Trailer
6. Re: The Crew Trailer Nov 13, 2014, 21:04 Rhett

Wow, I thought this was some kind of shooter. I guess I was wrong.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 13, 2014, 17:41 Rhett

DA:I looks cool. Has a Mass Effect 3-esque multiplayer (a bit different, but they promise lots of free DLC for it). Haven't kept up with it, but it can't be worse than DA2...

Also, Far Cry 4 comes out next tuesday, the same day.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Reviews
7. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Reviews Nov 11, 2014, 23:41 Rhett

This is not boding well for Far Cry 4. They better not screw that up too. Watch_Dogs was great (but lacked polish), and this sounds just horrible... It has a positive review rating of 35% on Steam right now.  

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault Preorder Trailer
5. Re: Company of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault Preorder Trailer Nov 8, 2014, 18:01 Rhett

entr0py wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 17:38:
ShakyJake wrote on Nov 8, 2014, 17:28:
$40 for this expansion? That seems a little hefty. Even the Western Front pack they put out seemed a bit slim for $20+, and this is double the price.

Yeah, with the Western Front pack I thought "Oh, it's like a traditional expansion except without the campaign, I guess $20 is reasonable". Now both of them together are $70 compared to the $30 we paid for Opposing Fronts? Madness.

I think the new reality is that new release Relic games are for people with entirely too much money. Average customers need to wait a few months for a sale.

Well, Western Fronts was just like $5 on sale, 1 month after release. That's pretty crazy.

480 Comments. 24 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo