Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Talutha

Real Name Talutha   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Talutha
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 22, 2009, 15:56
Total Comments 26 (Suspect)
User ID 55101

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Dec 9, 2014, 21:17 Talutha

Theres an issue with this patch that causes the mesh option to be set to low and causes the option in game and manually editing the settings to not work, so if you've downloaded this patch on PC and noticed a severe downgrade in graphics, you aren't crazy.

Luckily Bioware was pretty quick with a workaround on this while they work on a more official hotfix. Quoted below from Here for your convenience!

Hey Everyone,

We're working on getting a hot fix out for the PC graphics issue as soon as possible. In the meantime, here is a workaround you can try:

To start, make sure the quality setting you choose is equal to the setting set for Mesh Quality inside Options>Graphics

You will need to add a new command line parameter. To do this:

Through Origin:
Right click on the Dragon Age Inquisition title
Go to game properties
Type the command line parameter in the Command Line Properties box.
Through shortcut:
Right Click Shortcut
Go to Properties
Under target go to the end of the field and type the command line parameter into the box
Once there, add the following command line parameter: -ShaderSystem.ShaderQualityLevel <quality setting>
In this instance, <quality setting> should be one of the following:
Ultra
High
Medium
Low
An example of how to set your quality to high would be: -ShaderSystem.ShaderQualityLevel High

Please note that once the hot fix is out, you will need to go back in and remove this workaround from your command line.

Itís also important to note that pre-patch 2, all users on PC were being forced to use the Ultra shader quality. This means that those of you playing on lower settings will notice a decrease in quality, particularly players using low or medium settings.
To achieve the same visuals as pre-patch, users on lower settings will need to change their settings to Ultra, which should likewise be used in conjunction with Ultra mesh quality. Mismatching the mesh and shader settings will result in other visual artifacts like overly shiny hair.
Please be aware that changing settings to Ultra may impact performance on some machines.

Sorry about any frustration this may have caused.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Revealed
16. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Revealed Mar 4, 2014, 14:10 Talutha

They mention this is the final game in the series. So there probably won't be any more. A lot of people are expecting Rocksteady to tackle Superman or Green Arrow next.  

News Comments > Entire Wing Commander Series Now on GOG.com
6. Re: Entire Wing Commander Series Now on GOG.com Nov 21, 2013, 11:25 Talutha

You know, I really enjoyed the movie and was sad there was never a second one made. I definitely understand why there wasn't but I wish there was.

I also really enjoyed the Mario movie so maybe I just like bad movies...

News Comments > SEGA Shoulders ATLUS' Burden
1. Re: SEGA Shoulders ATLUS' Burden Sep 18, 2013, 09:51 Talutha

It should be noted that this purchase is actually being made by Sega Sammy, Sega's parent company and they are purchasing Index, Atlus' parent company. This relationship does not make Sega the parent or owner of Atlus in any way and at best Sega is more like a sibling company.

With that out of the way lets go ahead and make some predictions about Persona 5 and when it will be coming out ;).

News Comments > EVE Online TV and Comic Plans; $149.99 CE
18. Re: EVE Online TV and Comic Plans; $149.99 CE Apr 29, 2013, 03:47 Talutha

I actually just started playing this last week and I wish I started playing this sooner. The reason I took so long was because I was afraid of all the things people would say about it such as it being a spreadsheet simulator and the amount of griefing that goes on, but it is not anywhere near as bad as people make it out to be.

The only downside is that there are a LOT of tutorials. I must have read for the majority of my first 15-20 hours of the game, but now that I am out of that phase and flying around it is almost overwhelming the amount of options ahead of me.

And for the record, when I tried to log in this afternoon they had over 50k people logged in =).

News Comments > Dark Souls PC "Half-Assed" - PC Prioritized for Sequel
33. Re: Dark Souls PC Apr 12, 2013, 12:49 Talutha

Darks wrote on Apr 12, 2013, 11:26:
Sorry, but excusing a controller to play a pc game is total garbage. I did not spend a bunch of money on high end pc hardware just so I can excuse a ported game to be played on my pc. Sorry, but thatís absolutely crap and should never be tolerated. I did not buy a pc to turn it into a shitty high-end console.

This is such a silly statement. I don't use my PC for gaming because I want it to be a "shitty high-end console". I use my PC to have more tools available to me. I can choose my own voice chat, I can choose how much power I put into my games with hardware, and guess what? I can choose why kind of control scheme I want to use!

If you want to be stuck in your KB+M only style, that is your choice. Personally I prefer to use the control style that is the best for the actual task at hand. If you refuse to play games like Need for Speed or Street Fighter with your KB+M, that's fine. I'll go enjoy the games because I have the tools that make for a better game experience, which is what PC gaming is all about. Right?

I'll never understood why putting a controller in your hands suddenly makes you a bad PC gamer, and thankfully its a trend that seems to be slipping away. Maybe one day you will get over your odd hatred for controllers. If not, that is fine. I will be out enjoying video games while you complain.

Regarding the port: I honestly didn't think it was that bad. Yes, it could have been MUCH better especially with the frame rate limiting but thankfully someone tossed out that 60fps fix right as the game came out. I loved it and I absolutely cannot wait for DS2 to arrive!

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.8 on PTR
16. Re: Diablo III 1.0.8 on PTR Apr 9, 2013, 15:24 Talutha

deqer wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 15:16:
Yes, but we care. We care that you are being taken advantage of, yet you refuse to understand after we explain it to you. You're being stubborn about it?

One day, should you decide to commit suicide--God forbid you don't--but if you did, would you also say "just don't care" about the people around you you would be affecting by your suicide?

Isn't that a somewhat selfish attitude?

I understand all the facts. You act as if I am ignorant to the situation which I am definitely not. It just isn't something that matters to me. You can fight this fight as it is definitely yours, it just isn't mine.

As far as suicide goes, this is just a video game. Lets try to stay away from the extremes here, even if it is to just make a point.

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.8 on PTR
12. Re: Diablo III 1.0.8 on PTR Apr 9, 2013, 15:04 Talutha

deqer wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 14:36:
Why would you support a company that shoves always-online down your throat for a single-player game? Even if the game became free, you shouldn't support a company that does this. You need to open your eyes a little wider.

Some of us just don't care. I understand it is a strong point for a lot of people around here, but for some of us it just isn't anything that matters.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 7, 2013, 15:37 Talutha

NewMaxx wrote on Apr 7, 2013, 15:17:
Kajetan wrote on Apr 7, 2013, 14:49:
in terms of choices (which never pan out)

Secret text below, avoid if you haven't finished the game =).

The choices never pan out because no matter what Booker's choices are, the same conclusion always happens. This is shown early on with the brother and sister scene when the coin always lands on heads. The chalkboard shows all of Booker's coin flips throughout the dimensions.

You can see another example right at the end of the game where you are given the illusion of choice in the plank section. It doesn't matter the choice, the outcome is always the same.

News Comments > Crytek Opens Austin Studio With Vigil Staff
13. Re: Crytek Opens Austin Studio With Vigil Staff Jan 29, 2013, 08:53 Talutha

dj LiTh wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 05:23:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 03:30:
I haven't got a single clue what games besides Crysis they make...

farcry

Ubisoft owns and creates Farcry.

News Comments > DayZ Plans: Dogs Soon; Standalone Version Eventually?
9. Re: DayZ Plans: Dogs Soon; Standalone Version Eventually? Jul 8, 2012, 16:51 Talutha

To eat things I would assume.  

News Comments > Splinter Cell Blacklist PC Confirmed
5. Re: Splinter Cell Blacklist PC Confirmed Jun 4, 2012, 23:01 Talutha

Found it, you can hear the representative say, "Now that Sam is the leader of 4th Echelon" or something along those lines. It is at the 51-52 minute mark.

http://twitch.tv/gamespot/b/320358181

News Comments > Splinter Cell Blacklist PC Confirmed
4. Re: Splinter Cell Blacklist PC Confirmed Jun 4, 2012, 22:56 Talutha

2. I thought Fisher was on the run & 3rd Echelon was after him? I could be wrong its been awhile since I played the last one.

It's been a while since I beat the latest one as well but from what I remember 3rd Echelon was most likely dissolved after the failed assassination attempt on the president. I saw the E3 conference with Microsoft earlier today and in the Splinter Cell video they mention 4th Echelon which I'm assuming is a new branch that Sam is the head of. I'll try to find the video and come back with it.

News Comments > Notch Passes the Minecraft Torch
15. Re: Notch Passes the Minecraft Torch Dec 2, 2011, 15:27 Talutha

space captain wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 15:18:
Tavil wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 10:58:
space captain wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 10:55:
thanks for all the money, see ya

Thats a bit uncalled for.

except it isnt

I believe it is. You pre-ordered a product which was then finished and delivered. His end of the contract is completed, what more do you feel you deserve?

News Comments > Skyrim Patched
4. Re: Skyrim Patched Nov 30, 2011, 20:42 Talutha

Just because they're all over the internet doesn't make them any less rare or occasional. I know I've never posted that the dragon I just killed correctly gave me his soul.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham City for PC
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham City for PC Nov 22, 2011, 15:44 Talutha

Definitely not capped at 30fps. But as said above, DX11 absolutely cripples even the highest rig.

Also, this is the version to buy if you absolutely LOVE DRM as the Steam version comes with SecuRom, GFWL, and Steamworks. I guess the advantage is everytime I get an achievement I get two popups, one for Steam and one for GFWL!

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
3. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Oct 8, 2011, 01:55 Talutha

Have you looked in the game? If you go under single player there are challenge modes and there is an option there for co-op too. If you are looking for the new co-op campaign, there is a giant pillar thing that moves down that you have to portal into together in order to get there.

The DLC was applied automatically as an update so if you keep steam open fairly often you most likely already have the DLC installed.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Alpha Key Giveaway
3. Re: Tribes: Ascend Alpha Key Giveaway Sep 16, 2011, 12:32 Talutha

I honestly don't mind these, I already have a Facebook and it took me all of 5 seconds to like and leave a short comment. *Fingers crossed*  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched
16. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Aug 24, 2011, 00:31 Talutha

Kitkoan wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 00:00:
Dades wrote on Aug 23, 2011, 23:20:
ForgedReality wrote on Aug 23, 2011, 22:28:
SWEET!! Zero-day patches! Good job publishers! Way to push your devs so hard they can't even fucking QA their unfinished products!

It's possible to catch every single bug before release obviously Rolleyes

I remember the days before the internet. Games had to be as bug-free as possible since patching was almost impossible after the game was shipped. Now with the internet, buggy code is the normal for games since they can patch it up later (if ever...).

The games of today are also infinitely more complicated and running on many more hardware configurations then back in the day as well.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Specs?
22. Re: Battlefield 3 Specs? Jul 8, 2011, 15:35 Talutha

I'm not sure about the other services but I know Steam doesn't actually install anything. It just downloads the files directly to your hard drive bypassing any installation process.  

26 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo