Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kj

Real Name Kj   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Luke
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 21, 2009, 04:50
Total Comments 626 (Apprentice)
User ID 55098

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Machines in November
26. Re: Steam Machines in November Mar 6, 2015, 04:27 Luke

Nice with a scam sniffing spy maschine in the house i guess Clown 's  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > how do you Do It?
4. Re: how do you Do It? Feb 28, 2015, 13:50 Luke

how do you Do It?

Very simple , if it is on acammersteam I DON'T

News Comments > $386K Dying Light My Apocalypse Edition
14. Re: $386K Dying Light My Apocalypse Edition Feb 25, 2015, 07:58 Luke

Wildone wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 18:45:
Wait till Chris Roberts hears aboot THIS!! They can sell life size cardboard replicas of the big ships for 1 mill!!!!!!

A++++++++++

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
118. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 24, 2015, 17:37 Luke

Tumbler wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 11:21:
It gets more baffling by the day that people still have negative things to say about this game.

Atm it's $45 to get a jack of all trades starter ship (Aurora) or a Dogfighter starter ship (Mustang). With that purchase you get a playable game that is being updated at least monthly, new content being shown/discussed weekly, the most recent update brings the game way more into balance with ships like the mustang and Avenger dominating in pvp. (Avenger is $60, Mustang starts at $30 but I think the one owning my ass in pvp is the $90 Delta Version)

It's been a while since I purchased an in game ship but I am tempted by that mining vessel that just got introduced. The multi crew part is what makes me hesitate. I like my ships to be good for solo as well.

As far as the microtransactions / P2W / REC stuff I think it's just par for the course. We were always expecting players to be able to purchase credits in game. (limited per day I believe) The game still needs to be built so I don't think it's unreasonable to give someone a decent ship in the game if they kick in $300.

Considering everything can get blown up and it's gone for good I'm not sure what there is to complain about. A person pledging for $200+ might have a great starter ship for dogfighting but it still goes down pretty quick when it gets shot at. Even if someone has LTI (life time insurance) I don't expect that to mean they can just respawn instantly in the same area and come out in a fully armed ship while someone else can only die once then needs to work up to getting everything back.

Insurance is going to be fairly cheap so whatever the downside is for dying the only difference for a new player and an original backer with LTI is going to be a small amount of credits.

The REC stuff is meant to protect the value of pledging. They could let everyone fly any ship and use any weapon but that is a huge reason people pledge in the first place. When ships come out in Arena Commander it's an opportunity to use them now versus waiting until the full game comes out. REC keeps that in line. No one is going to be buying in at $45 and then earning rec to get all the ships that othered paid hundreds of dollars for.

It's pay to develop at this point, there is no "win" right now. Would the game be better if no one owned any ships other than the aurora / Mustang at the start of the game? Mabye, but then the game wouldn't exist or if it did some publisher would be pushing it out the door complete or not this holiday season and getting ready to build the rest of the game and call it Star Citizen 2.

This game is more fun to be a part of in development than most games are after they are complete and on store shelves. And we've seen games that offer premium high powered vehicles for sale to compete with people who earned them play the game. (world of tanks) Those premium tanks do not dominate everyone. Matchmaking puts them against similar powered enemies and at the high end the paid tanks end up a notch below what a player earning credits and xp from playing the game can get.

CIG is going to continue building newer and betters ships for the game and people will have to earn those in game. In a rather short time I'd expect that everything that was pledged for will be a notch below what you can earn in game.

This game is more fun to be a part of in development

you are not part of anything , you think you are but thats what they want you to belive...peps are soo easy to fool

100. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 12:18 Luke

{PH}88fingers wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 08:14:
I still don't understand how it's a bad thing that rich people help fund the game for the rest of us...

because other developers are watching and will copy this " Fund shit " and say hello to even more pay for this pay for that ( if you wanna have succes in the game ) , Again people WHO spend Money toward those fundraisings can only see the tip of there own nose , try for once to look further and see what will happen....jezz..egos

78. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 22, 2015, 07:45 Luke

Sugarman wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 05:33:
Actually I'm in for over $3200. As I've said before, I've spent far more over a weekend in Vegas. Spent twice that on modifications to my current BMW on just a few upgrades. If I tallied up all the money I've spent on fast cars I'd say it's somewhere near 40k right now, and that's only on the upgrades, none of that is for the purchase price of the car.

If it's ok with you I'll continue to spend money on my hobbies that are important to me. If I have it to spend/waste then what business is it of yours to say how I spend it?

3200$ thats alot of 100001111111100001111110000011111100000111001010010 i guess gratz on that.....i think

49. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 19:50 Luke

Creston wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 19:29:
I actually like the idea of being able to rent something in game, but why does it need a separate currency? Why not just an xx price in regular credits? Making it a separate currency seems needlessly complicated for what seems to be zero benefit.

I actually like the idea of being able to rent something in game

It will end with :Buy credits for real Money , its not enough with DLC no no , jezz

25. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 14:34 Luke

StealthR6 wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 14:27:
I've never seen a bunch of crying little babies as I see on here.

I play AC every night and its the best space shooter out now, just like Freelancer was the best one 15 years ago and the Wing Commander/Privateer was the best in the early 90s.

X games have gone to shit. And ED is cool for about 5-6hrs and then bore fest with nothing to do. No new X-wing games coming.. so this is all we have and its pretty damn good for being .001 done.

Have anyone of you played coop or even against real people? Go compare it to any space and and please provide a better one. Yea I'm sure your Tie Fighter game is "better", it was great 20 years ago. Those games don't hold up and now are basic arcade shooters.

SC has depth already with all the customization one can do to the ship, no other space game has 10% of what AC has now!

I bet all whiners on here are either console games who can't get SC or player who despise all space games. Go play your other games.

Until someone lists a better space game you clearly don't care about the genre and all you really want to do is whine about SC, even if you agree it turns out to be great, you'll still whine about it.

Guess you just don't know better..kind of sad really for you , not everyone gets blinded over and over again

News Comments > Diablo III Microtransactions Coming to Asia
15. Re: Diablo III Microtransactions Coming to Asia Feb 21, 2015, 04:29 Luke

jdreyer wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 21:12:
Brumbek wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 19:12:
We live in such a bizarre world. So many of us D3 players would really love more stash space. And we, being reasonable, don't mind paying a few dollars for more stash space for a game we have played for hundreds of hours. It is especially fine for reasonably priced stash space DLC because Blizzard has done tremendous work patching their game and adding features that other devs would charge for.

And yet, Blizzard isn't letting us pay for more stash space. Ironic world.

PS: that new currency and paying for XP boosts...now that is GARBAGE. I just want stash space or character slots, both which would be fine to pay small fees for.

When you pay $60 for a game, shouldn't "enough stash space" be included? It's just 0s and 1s. Even if stored online, 10x the space isn't going to cost millions in extra server hardware.

When you pay $60 for a game, shouldn't "enough stash space" be included? It's just 0s and 1s. Even if stored online, 10x the space isn't going to cost millions in extra server hardware. Thumbsup

News Comments > DX12: 900% FPS Increase Over DX11 Claimed
81. Re: Into the Black Feb 19, 2015, 16:01 Luke

Slick wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 14:56:
Slick wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 09:23:

You are so easy magoo

69. Re: Into the Black Feb 19, 2015, 09:55 Luke

Slick wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 09:23:

whoa there old man, don't fall off your walker.

and i find it ironic that you'd accuse me of "thinking i know better" than X, Y, or Z.

it seems that it is you who has purported to know exactly why people make decisions. you claim that people only make games nowadays "for money". that's some serious 3rd person omniscient shit going on. you think i have a big ego? you've just told us that you personally know the reasons why hundreds of thousands of people have chosen to devote their careers to gaming. it's quite uncanny.

"well you know, the only reason people are doctors nowadays is because they love making money" those pricks! and not that it matters, but i was born in 82. glad to know that ageism is still alive and rampant.

what ever DLC child , games today are boring like hell and are made to please...no not the gamers the shareholders , half baked games with lots of DLC

56. Re: Into the Black Feb 19, 2015, 04:38 Luke

Slick wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 02:20:
Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 02:00:
Well, some of us are older. We remember back when PC video games were more about making something awesome to share than making mega bucks. Sure, iD wanted to make money to pay themselves, but Wolfenstien and Doom and shit were made to be awesome for people to play with the benefit of making money.

Now? Games are made to make millions, and we just pray there's some fun in there somewhere.

It's human nature. Motion pictures, video games - all art is eventually co-opted by corporations for the express purpose of making them money. It's why a lot of first time film makers have these great films that inspire us and then they are zombified by the Hollywood machine and come up with shit for ever after.

This is such garbage and you know it.

You remind me of baby boomers who say that everything was better back in the 1950's. you're remembering a world that never existed, you're deluded with a combination of rose-lensed nostalgia glasses, and intense hatred for everything currently in front of you. maybe you always wanted to become a fireman or a policeman, and you didn't, you rue and lament your lost life. You pine for simpler times, as you've all but abandoned everything good about this world. The only thing that lets you cling to life is manufacturing hyperbole on message boards. for the trolols.

"Do you remember the time when people didn't work for money?"
*projectile vomit*

This is such garbage and you know it.

And you magoo sure knows better , child of DLC generation

News Comments > WoW Patch Next Week
19. Re: WoW Patch Next Week Feb 18, 2015, 17:13 Luke

Well just remember that what you see is what all the Whining have asked for : i don't have time to play , i don't want to grind , i dont want to wait for the good stuff , and so on.. first you Whining then you Whining and the result is this so gratz to your self for this as it turned out to be SAD game  

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
4. Re: Ubisoft Financials Feb 12, 2015, 18:03 Luke

Suppa7 wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 18:00:
Creston wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 17:44:
Release terribly broken games: get record sales.

Yeah, that's the way to teach publishers not to release broken shit, gamers...

You have to understand kids dont' understand they are getting shit. Hence the problem. If we were kids all over again we'd see the ads and buy the games because we don't have 20+ years of gaming history like many of us oldsters. We were just as suckerish as kids. Do you remember the cartoons we used to watch as kids that make us kinda wince when we are now adults?

Same shit. The great thing about kids - is that they don't discriminate, the bad thing about kids... is the exact same thing.

I guess thats why they are making so many remastered versions of the old shit you talk about...gamewise

News Comments > Evolve Skin Costs Tallied
16. Re: Evolve Skin Costs Tallied Feb 12, 2015, 07:36 Luke

nin wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 20:13:
It's $60 on both...but it's still a fucking insane rip off. It astounds me people give these fucks money.

This isn't even the "stuff we don't have done yet, and won't for months". This is launch day shit, that's been ready to go. Remember that 3 gig patch? Here ya go!

Enjoy getting ripped off!

but it's still a fucking insane rip off. It astounds me people give these fucks money.

Like star Citizen right !

News Comments > Diablo III Cheaters Banned
11. Re: Diablo III Cheaters Banned Feb 10, 2015, 12:28 Luke

But But they blizzi told us that the reason for this online thing was to keep out the cheaters , and we belived them, why ....why...whyyyyyyyyy  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Feb 9, 2015, 17:38 Luke

Star Citizen  

News Comments > Star Citizen January Report; Funding Passes $72M
9. Re: Star Citizen January Report; Funding Passes $72M Feb 7, 2015, 14:28 Luke

They are so full of shit about how much Money they get , tho the monkeys sucks it up just fine , Clown 's  

News Comments > Evolve Unlocks in Match-3 Game
16. Re: Into the Black Feb 1, 2015, 06:19 Luke

verybad1 wrote on Jan 31, 2015, 20:41:
Hope it fails, and I hope it puts them out of business. Sick of money first games.

I'm fine with people making money off their work, but when the thing just looks like "Hey, lets make money off of those stupid customers, they won't understand that we're screwing them." kind of systems. Them I'm not gonna help them along. The basic idea for the game is pretty cool, but the money first crap has got to go.

Say thank you to all those DLC lovers and those WHO support funded games they are the real Clown 's here

News Comments > Sell Items for Non-Valve Games on Steam Workshop
16. Re: Sell Items for Non-Valve Games on Steam Workshop Jan 29, 2015, 06:24 Luke

InBlack wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 03:11:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 02:46:
It's like you're a junk collector who is allowed to freely collect random junk and sell that junk to other junk collectors at the "Steam Market". The owner of the junk pile takes 10% of those sales though he doesn't charge you for the junk itself... But if you wanted to you could pay for specific junk. Some specific junk is created in the junk pile owner's "Steam Workshop" and a small percentage of that junk gets picked by the junk pile owner to litter his junk pile. The creators of this junk get 25% of the specific sales of the junk they created in the junk pile owner's workshop.

*Reads three times*

*Head explodes*

*Reads three times*

*Head explodes*

Typical steam lover

626 Comments. 32 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo