Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kj

Real Name Kj   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Luke
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 21, 2009, 04:50
Total Comments 557 (Apprentice)
User ID 55098

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale May 21, 2012, 08:42 Luke

Cutter wrote on May 20, 2012, 22:15:
Yeah, I srill want Anno but with the DRM I'l be waiting till it hits $5 or $10.

haha so when it hits 5-10$ it is ok with the drm , come on either you say jay or you say nay to that shitty drm. show some backbone here

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. May 18, 2012, 06:20 Luke

Faceshit who works in the background is there , and you may say " its opt in opt out , " but it still sucks data from you and THAT's one of the reason why the ping works like it do , but hej thats just me and my folie hat , blizz is not the game dev for the gamers anymore  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2012, 18:49 Luke

Zzet wrote on May 16, 2012, 09:44:
As much as I want the always-connected DRM to vanish, gamers seem to be mostly hypocritical when it comes to putting their money where their mouth is. I have absolutely no sympathy for anyone who was aware of the lack of local or singleplayer support and purchased the game anyway, only to find myriad problems plaguing them from the start. You're voting with your money and that's all that matters in the end.

If you're happy with the DRM, I'm happy for you. Enjoy the game! But just be aware that you don't determine when you can play it.

Peps just don't have a back bone its all jelly thumbs up

News Comments > Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy
73. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 16, 2012, 12:18 Luke

WaltC wrote on May 16, 2012, 10:57:
Talk about screw-ups, Blizzard must have been hallucinating during the development cycle of this game. The whole idea behind client-server games is that you turn over everything you can to the local client, because the customer can shape and control his own local environment but there's not a thing in the world that the customer can do if the server has trouble. Blizzard should be awarded the "How Not to Design a Game Award" for this one. They're selling their customers half the game--the other half they are keeping on their servers, to be released to their customers under very strict circumstances:

1) The Blizzard servers have got to be functioning perfectly
2) The customer's broadband service has got to be functioning perfectly

..or it's no-play, Jose'! Good Job, Blizzard!

I'm unquestionably passing on this one.

Now, back to something much more predictable that I'm actually enjoying quite a bit (again): my 16-year-old CD copy of Anvil of Dawn, which runs perfectly on Win7x64 through DOSbox .74...;) No error 37's here--not a single one--*and* I get to play when I want to instead of when Blizzard allows me to play. What a concept!

(It's really amazing, isn't it, when you see how much a formerly good name like Blizzard can forget about good game design? Can companies develop Alzheimer's? Something is really wrong with the Blizzard picture.)

Its called Bad Karma

News Comments > Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy
51. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 16, 2012, 06:15 Luke

SirKnight wrote on May 15, 2012, 23:48:
Kastagir wrote on May 15, 2012, 23:34:
SirKnight wrote on May 15, 2012, 23:03:
I used to be a Diablo player, then I got error 37.

Blizzard already has your money, Mr. Lemming. What did you learn today?

I learned that some people, like yourself, can't take a joke. I have never seen error 37 actually. Only error 12 but turns out that can be fixed by changing the battle net password.

I also learned that some people, like yourself, are so sad and pathetic that they have to belittle other's game choices so they feel better about their pathetic little life.

So you are saying it is ok to give 60$+ for a overhyped shitty spygame and have to figure out how to get it to work...i just like how the gamers of today has turned out Clown

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
218. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 21:13 Luke

Saboth wrote on May 15, 2012, 20:56:
Orogogus wrote on May 15, 2012, 20:41:
Saboth wrote on May 15, 2012, 20:33:
Nothing will change until we start seeing some lawsuits. You buy a single player game, you should be able to play it. MMOs are a completely different story because you need servers to play with other people. The problem is, many companies (like Blizzard) toss in a few online components (like the trade house) and try and weasel around the issue.

I don't see how there could possibly be a case unless you could convincingly argue that Blizzard was somehow misrepresenting the online requirement, when in fact people have been arguing about it nonstop for months. I just can't imagine a court caring about the difference between singleplayer and multiplayer games, or being sympathetic to the right to play singleplayer games offline.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't. "Hey, I gave them $60. I can't use the product I bought." I think we've developed some kind of pathos in gaming that "this is just the way it is, deal with it." No, we are buying a product, and when you buy a product, you hand over money and you are entitled to a working product. When DRM is heavy handed like this, it seems some people are projecting the MMO model onto the single player model. "Well, it's release day, expect some problems." No...don't expect problems. There are only problems because of the DRM path they chose. They could easily make it so single player works in offline mode without access to multiplayer and the trade house. But they chose not to. That's a design flaw. This DRM is like having OnStar phone GM each time you start your car. "Hey, I need to verify I own this car...can you deactivate the remote disable so I can go to work?" "Sorry sir, there are some problems with our servers right now...we hope to have it resolved in 3-4 hours." Why the heck would you make your theft deterrent work that way? Obviously they didn't because it's stupid.

The only reason companies are getting away with this is because we let them.

Ahh i guess all will get a free pet for wow , and a cool avatar and all is forgiven...... Drummer

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
2. Re: Ubisoft Financials May 15, 2012, 21:05 Luke

Cutter wrote on May 15, 2012, 21:02:
Hey Ubisoft, you should start making better sales now because apparently after all the bitching and moaning it really is ok to have online DRM. Well, at least where D3 is concerned. But that doesn't make anyone a hypocrite, does it?

He he

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
205. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 19:54 Luke

So much for drm always online to play a sp game...error error no install and so on...gezz and peps eat it all Clown 's  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization May 13, 2012, 16:20 Luke

Its not the only thing that faceshit is killing  

News Comments > Diablo III Interview
52. Re: Diablo III Interview May 7, 2012, 16:21 Luke

Enough has been said about Blizzard's excuses for always-on DRM and the inclusion of a cash shop; I absolutely despise both design decisions, but it's not going to change so the point seems moot.

The power lies with the gamers we can if we WANT to...but it seems peps eat all they throw at you

News Comments > Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans
28. Re: Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans May 2, 2012, 18:22 Luke

Verno wrote on May 2, 2012, 16:02:
All fair criticisms for sure. I don't see any mention of what multiplayer system they're using, is it GFWL again? I see it has Steam achievements according to a Rockstar twitter post so I'm hopeful its full on Steamworks stuff.

Unfortunately I have a huge bias for anything Max Payne and will get this nonetheless. It's not rational and I don't care, Max owns

Some said that about duke nukem also ..well see how that turned out

News Comments > Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans
18. Re: Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans May 2, 2012, 14:03 Luke

Capitan wrote on May 2, 2012, 12:01:
The worst is that they kill large parts of the community when they do not release free tool to make maps, etc. I still remember many of the superb maps to Quake, maps that you never got tired of....

Free Tool........thank all does who buys DLC shit thats why there are nothing free anymore

Get ready for yet another railroad game

News Comments > Diablo III Auctions Detailed
64. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 07:52 Luke

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 2, 2012, 04:50:
Vex wrote on May 2, 2012, 01:08:
That is unfortunate news. The 15% cut pretty much guarantees that you wont be able to make any significant amount of gold - or even a profit for that matter - buying items which are listed below market value and then reselling them. That's a shame, I used to enjoy doing that in WoW, but the margins are typically less than 15% of the undercut price.
I used to play the AH in WOW got quite good at it, made 50k-100k a month without breaking a sweat by the time I stopped playing two years ago. Gave everything but 11k away when I stopped just incase I started again and needed seed money. Well I've played 3 times since I resubbed out of that 11k I now have 86k in gold pretty good turn around using only 3k of that to start off with. Now if only the markets could give me a turn around like that.

Besides, even with 30% lost, you're getting a 70% for nothing but playing the game, and if you're playing the market correctly again you should make a good return. I figure I should make enough to cover my wow 1yr sub out of this, and maybe some extra on top from just casual play.

That sir was wow , this is D3 do you really think it would be that easy

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse May 1, 2012, 18:19 Luke

Everything to look like a saint , tho under the skin they just keep milking personal data like a vakum cleaner gezzz wake up Clown `s  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse May 1, 2012, 07:01 Luke

Facebook to unveil 'life-saving tool' tomorrow

uninstall button ficking fishhead

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
10. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Apr 29, 2012, 20:12 Luke

Prez wrote on Apr 29, 2012, 19:43:
Oh my fucking god. Sued for bullying? Jesus Tap-dancing Christ. How about everyone just stay the fuck off of Facebook? This whole thing is fucking stupid.

All the faceshit users NEED the Attention , Zombie `s

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Specs
31. Re: Max Payne 3 Specs Apr 24, 2012, 06:45 Luke

Well get ready for yet another console port for the pc , tho with DLC yahuuuuuu......not  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Apr 22, 2012, 13:31 Luke

From each console converted pc game released today i am getting more depressed Drinkers  

News Comments > Diablo III Open Beta Weekend
116. Re: Diablo III Open Beta Weekend Apr 21, 2012, 04:36 Luke

feels to much like a console cartonish blurry game so have a nice run all you fanboys , and don't think you can make alot of money on the ah  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 20, 2012, 03:42 Luke

Gmail hit by massive outage

ohh yes lets put everything in the same place like all you social networks junkies wish , someone is working on a full attack....it seems Clown īs

557 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo