Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kj

Real Name Kj   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Luke
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 21, 2009, 04:50
Total Comments 545 (Apprentice)
User ID 55098

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > On Diablo III Balance Changes
44. Re: On Diablo III Balance Changes May 28, 2012, 18:16 Luke

nin wrote on May 28, 2012, 17:35:
DG wrote on May 28, 2012, 17:26:
Hmm, I'm not even done on Act II of Normal yet but I was getting a very strong impression that the blacksmith is a total waste of gold. I blew quite a bit on training, plus lost sales salvaging blues plus the gold to craft random items.

I also initially went heavy on increased magic find, and thought I was doing okay with that.

Then I hit the AH. It makes everything in-game look like a bit of a joke. In any given number of playing hours, it's vastly better and cheaper to just buy on the AH.

Merchants are superfluous to the AH, though I keep looking as occasionally they'll be offering decent stats for cheaper.

The only thing I'm not sure about at this stage is whether to go for high gold find attributes or high magic find - in order to sell the items on the AH. I probably made about 1/3 of my gold income from selling items over the past few days, though this is with something like +50% magic find but +0 gold find. It's also a nuisance to sell on the AH as it times out a lot. Also I check prices and sell at a discount since it's a buyer's market and anyway limited to 10 items. I guess with high gold find I should make about the same but with much less hassle.

The second thing is, does this still work on the higher levels, or does crafting and drops become much more valid?

I'm halfway through nightmare and still haven't gone back to crafting. The AH lets me get the exact perks I need on a given item, and gold is easy to come by.

But until the RMAH goes live (and prices go up or down, based on the value of gold) the verdict's still out, and things could easily swing the other way once it launches.

But for the foreseeable future, all my gold goes to the AH.

you are putting way to much faith in that rmah way to much
btw are they still beta testing that cartoon game

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
6. Re: Saturday Metaverse May 27, 2012, 12:06 Luke

eRe4s3r wrote on May 27, 2012, 11:22:
I actually stopped using Ghostery (on Firefox) because of bugs.. and I do mean the kind that breaks web-services, messes up log-ins and breaks entire site-designs.

Duck Duck Go seems very cool.. but has no image search :/

For giggles though neither search engine (Google/Bing/DuckDuckGo) is able to understand what you search for. So they spit out results that match the term entered, which is the wrong term (it was a case of unofficial English translated title for Japanese anime) and no search engine told me that. The only reason I know this is that noticing that neither anidb nor MAL are in the results on the top i checked those and see there, those are the only sites that correctly list the name as secondary name.... a search engine needs to know this, say "You searched for _this_ to which _that_ is the alternative title " ... still not developed enough...

WolframAlpha didn't even find what i searched for at all by the way ;p

well if you wanna have google sniffing up your a,, then you will get what you search for , tho i rater kick google than having them to spy everything i do , it is of no damm Business what i do or not , and i have np doing a little work with the other search engines to get what i search for guess peps nowaday are use to 1 button click and getting what they want , even tho they give up everything to ..ahh forget it its just Mad

News Comments > Updated Max Payne 3 PC Specs & Release Date
24. Re: Updated Max Payne 3 PC Specs & Release Date May 26, 2012, 06:16 Luke

necrosis wrote on May 26, 2012, 03:41:
Bumpy wrote on May 25, 2012, 21:49:
>a valid Rockstar Social Club account

Ugg. Like GTA4, I'll wait for the hack that bypasses this.
Yeah really. More needless social network crap.

Why do companies always think we want this shit? Oh I know why! They can use it as an excuse for not allowing us to run our own servers in FPS games and take away offline single player because of DRM.

Why !
Ubisoft : Feck them and there DRM/spyware
Blizsocial : Ehm ok (says the fanboys)
and now maxi payne: Feck them and there DRM/spyware
Its very simple just say NO with your wallet and they will learn , but today there is nothing called strong backbone Clown 's

News Comments > Diablo III Claims Sales Record
120. Re: Diablo III Claims Sales Record May 24, 2012, 03:26 Luke

Doombringer wrote on May 24, 2012, 01:16:
Prez wrote on May 23, 2012, 23:05:
I have mixed feelings about this amazing success. It's by no means a surprise of course, but the sheer magnitude of its success is astounding. On one hand it's awesome to see a PC game proving that PC gaming is alive and well. On the other hand, I worry that other publishers will extrapolate erroneous information from this and use it to further screw up singleplayer gaming. Diablo 3 was not a success simply because it can't be pirated; Blizzard is one of the biggest names in gaming and Diablo has a one-of-a-kind pedigree. Always-online singleplayer is a horrendously bad idea (and offensive to gamers) that needs to die, but I expect other publishers will feel this is a successful proof of concept for the hated practice.

We'll definitely see more of 'online authentication' and DRM-style locks, especially on consoles. As others here have said, publishers despise the secondary market that used games creates -- they see zero revenue from it. And really, I can't blame them for that.

The best solution will likely be to cut down on distribution/packaging costs and move toward the download model (even allowing gamers to bring memory cards into stores to complete their downloads there), if games are going to be locked to an 'account' and no longer tradeable. Lower the cost per game to close the gap and gamers will have less to complain about. It's the $49-$59 pricetag that drives a lot of players to buy used or go the rental route, after all.

And that frase Lower the cost per game to close the gap and gamers will have less to complain about

Will never happend , they said that about the bigbox art to dvd case all we got was higher prices.

News Comments > Diablo III Claims Sales Record
32. Re: Diablo III Claims Sales Record May 23, 2012, 13:35 Luke

Darks wrote on May 23, 2012, 11:36:
Bhruic wrote on May 23, 2012, 11:19:
Verno wrote on May 23, 2012, 11:14:
Regardless of how anyone feels about DRM and whatnot it's great to see a PC game selling huge.

Can't agree there. Everyone is going to look at those sales numbers as a validation of the always on connection. I'd have much rather seen the game completely tank than pulling record sales like this.

Thatís what you get for thinking, this just shows that if you make a really good and fun game that people are willing to over look certain annoyances. This is what you call proof in the pudding.

It shows more that peps are no brainers who will eat everything they blizzi throws at them , hype it and you get them
Clown

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse May 22, 2012, 14:39 Luke

Kastagir wrote on May 22, 2012, 13:08:
Beamer wrote on May 22, 2012, 12:09:
As for the "too many stocks," you mean too many shares, and yes, they increased the number of shares just before the IPO.

"They," meaning the underwriters Morgan Stanley, not only increased the number of shares to be offered, but they did it at the same time they increased the IPO price. It's no surprise to anyone that this hugely over-valued stock is suffering. As for the technology behind Facebook, it's not all that innovative by today's standards, at least as anything other than a medium for advertisers.

technology behind Facebook !! very simple its one big spyware , and that fishhead to zuckermani is getting rich by SELLING your data i just can't believe peps say "yes you may" Clown 's

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse May 22, 2012, 11:51 Luke

nin wrote on May 22, 2012, 11:20:
Once again, the market doesn't understand tech...

"It's a huge disappointment," David J. Abella, a portfolio manager at Rochdale Investment Management who tried to get shares in the offering but did not get an allocation. "Investors were expecting easy money on this one."

mkay and other news : back in ........

News Comments > Diablo III Hacking?
44. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 21, 2012, 13:55 Luke

Rattlehead wrote on May 21, 2012, 13:02:
You haters are just as annoying, if not more, than the rabid fanboys you keep detesting. We get it, you hate Blizzard and Diablo 3, yet you can't seem to stop talking about it and somehow wind up on every forum regarding Diablo 3. Nobody cares now go have a wank on the T2 forums already.

Or maybe you can go play your diablo 3 instead of beeing on a forum , bored already ?

News Comments > On Sale
11. Re: On Sale May 21, 2012, 08:42 Luke

Cutter wrote on May 20, 2012, 22:15:
Yeah, I srill want Anno but with the DRM I'l be waiting till it hits $5 or $10.

haha so when it hits 5-10$ it is ok with the drm , come on either you say jay or you say nay to that shitty drm. show some backbone here

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. May 18, 2012, 06:20 Luke

Faceshit who works in the background is there , and you may say " its opt in opt out , " but it still sucks data from you and THAT's one of the reason why the ping works like it do , but hej thats just me and my folie hat , blizz is not the game dev for the gamers anymore  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Re: Out of the Blue May 16, 2012, 18:49 Luke

Zzet wrote on May 16, 2012, 09:44:
As much as I want the always-connected DRM to vanish, gamers seem to be mostly hypocritical when it comes to putting their money where their mouth is. I have absolutely no sympathy for anyone who was aware of the lack of local or singleplayer support and purchased the game anyway, only to find myriad problems plaguing them from the start. You're voting with your money and that's all that matters in the end.

If you're happy with the DRM, I'm happy for you. Enjoy the game! But just be aware that you don't determine when you can play it.

Peps just don't have a back bone its all jelly thumbs up

News Comments > Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy
73. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 16, 2012, 12:18 Luke

WaltC wrote on May 16, 2012, 10:57:
Talk about screw-ups, Blizzard must have been hallucinating during the development cycle of this game. The whole idea behind client-server games is that you turn over everything you can to the local client, because the customer can shape and control his own local environment but there's not a thing in the world that the customer can do if the server has trouble. Blizzard should be awarded the "How Not to Design a Game Award" for this one. They're selling their customers half the game--the other half they are keeping on their servers, to be released to their customers under very strict circumstances:

1) The Blizzard servers have got to be functioning perfectly
2) The customer's broadband service has got to be functioning perfectly

..or it's no-play, Jose'! Good Job, Blizzard!

I'm unquestionably passing on this one.

Now, back to something much more predictable that I'm actually enjoying quite a bit (again): my 16-year-old CD copy of Anvil of Dawn, which runs perfectly on Win7x64 through DOSbox .74...;) No error 37's here--not a single one--*and* I get to play when I want to instead of when Blizzard allows me to play. What a concept!

(It's really amazing, isn't it, when you see how much a formerly good name like Blizzard can forget about good game design? Can companies develop Alzheimer's? Something is really wrong with the Blizzard picture.)

Its called Bad Karma

News Comments > Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy
51. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 16, 2012, 06:15 Luke

SirKnight wrote on May 15, 2012, 23:48:
Kastagir wrote on May 15, 2012, 23:34:
SirKnight wrote on May 15, 2012, 23:03:
I used to be a Diablo player, then I got error 37.

Blizzard already has your money, Mr. Lemming. What did you learn today?

I learned that some people, like yourself, can't take a joke. I have never seen error 37 actually. Only error 12 but turns out that can be fixed by changing the battle net password.

I also learned that some people, like yourself, are so sad and pathetic that they have to belittle other's game choices so they feel better about their pathetic little life.

So you are saying it is ok to give 60$+ for a overhyped shitty spygame and have to figure out how to get it to work...i just like how the gamers of today has turned out Clown

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
218. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 21:13 Luke

Saboth wrote on May 15, 2012, 20:56:
Orogogus wrote on May 15, 2012, 20:41:
Saboth wrote on May 15, 2012, 20:33:
Nothing will change until we start seeing some lawsuits. You buy a single player game, you should be able to play it. MMOs are a completely different story because you need servers to play with other people. The problem is, many companies (like Blizzard) toss in a few online components (like the trade house) and try and weasel around the issue.

I don't see how there could possibly be a case unless you could convincingly argue that Blizzard was somehow misrepresenting the online requirement, when in fact people have been arguing about it nonstop for months. I just can't imagine a court caring about the difference between singleplayer and multiplayer games, or being sympathetic to the right to play singleplayer games offline.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't. "Hey, I gave them $60. I can't use the product I bought." I think we've developed some kind of pathos in gaming that "this is just the way it is, deal with it." No, we are buying a product, and when you buy a product, you hand over money and you are entitled to a working product. When DRM is heavy handed like this, it seems some people are projecting the MMO model onto the single player model. "Well, it's release day, expect some problems." No...don't expect problems. There are only problems because of the DRM path they chose. They could easily make it so single player works in offline mode without access to multiplayer and the trade house. But they chose not to. That's a design flaw. This DRM is like having OnStar phone GM each time you start your car. "Hey, I need to verify I own this car...can you deactivate the remote disable so I can go to work?" "Sorry sir, there are some problems with our servers right now...we hope to have it resolved in 3-4 hours." Why the heck would you make your theft deterrent work that way? Obviously they didn't because it's stupid.

The only reason companies are getting away with this is because we let them.

Ahh i guess all will get a free pet for wow , and a cool avatar and all is forgiven...... Drummer

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
2. Re: Ubisoft Financials May 15, 2012, 21:05 Luke

Cutter wrote on May 15, 2012, 21:02:
Hey Ubisoft, you should start making better sales now because apparently after all the bitching and moaning it really is ok to have online DRM. Well, at least where D3 is concerned. But that doesn't make anyone a hypocrite, does it?

He he

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
205. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 19:54 Luke

So much for drm always online to play a sp game...error error no install and so on...gezz and peps eat it all Clown 's  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization May 13, 2012, 16:20 Luke

Its not the only thing that faceshit is killing  

News Comments > Diablo III Interview
52. Re: Diablo III Interview May 7, 2012, 16:21 Luke

Enough has been said about Blizzard's excuses for always-on DRM and the inclusion of a cash shop; I absolutely despise both design decisions, but it's not going to change so the point seems moot.

The power lies with the gamers we can if we WANT to...but it seems peps eat all they throw at you

News Comments > Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans
28. Re: Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans May 2, 2012, 18:22 Luke

Verno wrote on May 2, 2012, 16:02:
All fair criticisms for sure. I don't see any mention of what multiplayer system they're using, is it GFWL again? I see it has Steam achievements according to a Rockstar twitter post so I'm hopeful its full on Steamworks stuff.

Unfortunately I have a huge bias for anything Max Payne and will get this nonetheless. It's not rational and I don't care, Max owns

Some said that about duke nukem also ..well see how that turned out

News Comments > Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans
18. Re: Max Payne 3 MP DLC Plans May 2, 2012, 14:03 Luke

Capitan wrote on May 2, 2012, 12:01:
The worst is that they kill large parts of the community when they do not release free tool to make maps, etc. I still remember many of the superb maps to Quake, maps that you never got tired of....

Free Tool........thank all does who buys DLC shit thats why there are nothing free anymore

Get ready for yet another railroad game

545 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo