Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kj

Real Name Kj   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Luke
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 21, 2009, 04:50
Total Comments 604 (Apprentice)
User ID 55098

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Map Hack Allegations
9. Re: Hacks of the Storm Map Hero Allegations Jul 4, 2015, 05:19 Luke

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 18:15:
Luke wrote on Jul 3, 2015, 18:02:
Wonder what excuse they have NeXT time they require always online shit

Well, for a game like this one, the excuse might be "it's an online-only game!"

Not very controversial for an online only game to require you to be online to play, imo. I get the diablo sentiment though, that was simply an act of DRM under the guise of being of some service to players. Glad that whole auction house thing worked out so well for them. If they would have spent 1/10 of the resources burnt on that towards making the game experience better, we might have decent PVP and other things that were promised, but never delivered.

You are right.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Map Hack Allegations
7. Re: Hacks of the Storm Map Hero Allegations Jul 3, 2015, 18:02 Luke

Wonder what excuse they have NeXT time they require always online shit  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 2, 2015, 04:01 Luke

JeffD wrote on Jul 1, 2015, 20:54:
Who clicks the first link? the link is %99 of the time fishing bait that is paid for by some other site than the one I am looking for.

peps are soooo lazy today they click the first link , they want it now..now..now

News Comments > Kotaku Sources: WBIE Knew of Batman: Arkham Knight Problems
3. Re: Kotaku Sources: WBIE Knew of Batman: Arkham Knight Problems Jul 1, 2015, 12:46 Luke

They don't give a shit , there are no passion , no joy in those people to make games its all Money...and the peps will pay no matter what.....jezzz  

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
47. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 17:20 Luke

Zor wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 17:04:
Cutter wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 16:06:
Yes, but SQ42 is episodic now, so if and when it ever gets delivered it'll be a decade before it's done at this rate. All the real time and money is going into the P2W online game.

Let's just ignore the most recent information from CIG that the first "episode" of Squadron 42 is going to be what most studios release as a full retail title in playable content. *eyeroll*

And, um, what P2W are you referring to? It's a skill based game, not an RPG loot/gear/stats based game. Nor is there anything like a War Thunder/World of Tanks ammo shop.

And, um, what P2W are you referring to?

What ever you believe , what ever you believe

News Comments > Steam Hardware Early Preorders Sold Out
12. Re: Steam Hardware Early Preorders Sold Out Jun 29, 2015, 17:16 Luke

Some will never learn Clown 's

News Comments > Valve on Steam Scams
7. Re: Valve on Steam Scams Jun 26, 2015, 18:21 Luke

Valve on steam scams?....hahaha yea right...hahaha  

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
6. Re: Overwatch Trailer Jun 26, 2015, 03:38 Luke

My oh My blizzi cancel this cartoon game just like you did before , with adventure of warcraft , tho i rather have adventure of warcraft than this ........what ever it is called .  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Pricing Adjusted
19. Re: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Pricing Adjusted Jun 24, 2015, 05:49 Luke

Squirmer wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 18:52:
NKD wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 17:46:
Creston wrote on Jun 23, 2015, 16:36:

Yeah, it makes sense for them to do it that way, but it's not great for the people who've played for several years, maybe bought craploads of gems, to be told that they're basically irrelevant and can't you please just go away/die already.

Yep it really sucks. I'm sad to see the subscription model for MMOs dying out because it's really the only model that allows a game to stay afloat without milking its customers for every penny or requiring huge influxes of new players. It also puts everyone on the same footing, more or less.
What about all those MMOs that charge a subscription AND offer microtransaction items? $15 for a month's play, oh and here's a new horse you can buy for $20 too. You really miss that model?

without milking its customers for every penny

And why do they do that....hmmm lets see...yep because you all buy all kinds of pixel to get your 5 min of fame in tha town....you can thank your self for that..peps are the reason why games are like they are today , so stop whining and accept that.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jun 23, 2015, 10:11 Luke

Just don't use this pos very simple using steam is like having a straw up your ass and they won't stop sucking before you dry out.

people are sooo easy too manipulate Clown 's

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pricing Backlash
29. Re: Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pricing Backlash Jun 19, 2015, 15:42 Luke

Here some are babbeling about 50$ - 60$ for a game is waaayy tooo much , while on the other hand some are paying 1000$ and more in Funding for another "game"

????

News Comments > Overwatch Trailer
12. Re: Overwatch Trailer Jun 18, 2015, 05:44 Luke

Jerykk wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 23:24:
Grokk wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 22:25:
This is the first video I've seen about this game, and I have to say that I'm completely underwhelmed. The graphics style says "lowest common denominator" and the gameplay doesn't really bring anything new and exciting the to table.

For a company as cashed up as these guys are, I expect a lot more than this. It's like they don't have any decent artsy/graphicsy people at all, or that there's this one person overseeing everything and he only likes a particular style.

Lastly, FPS with a controller is cancer. Even when it's only a video.

Wow, where to begin.

2) The gameplay does plenty of new stuff. Each character is 1) Just because the presentation is stylized (as opposed to realistic) doesn't make it bad. It's actually very well done, particularly the character designs. Learn to separate your opinion from objective analysis. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's poorly done.
completely unique, with their own weapons and abilities. There aren't many shooters that do that. There's also a wide variety of projectile behavior, from hitscan to arcs to beams to AoEs. Again, not something you see in a lot of shooters these days.

3) This was played with MKB, not a gamepad. Note the MKB prompts and the quick and accurate camera movements.

You really should watch more videos before passing premature judgment.

1) Just because the presentation is stylized (as opposed to realistic) doesn't make it bad. It's actually very well done, particularly the character designs. Learn to separate your opinion from objective analysis. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's poorly done.

Well mr wiseguy in HIS eyes it is poorly done..ok
just because you bend Down and say "give it to me" does not meen he or other has too.....jezz

News Comments > Anno 2205 Announced
13. Re: Anno 2205 Announced Jun 16, 2015, 09:24 Luke

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 23:58:
StoNe wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 23:40:
I actually love these games and I'm a massive fan. I don't know why people hate on them considering there is such a drought for good city builder / supply chain games.

It's not hating, it's that I played every Anno game and I don't find them challenging anymore (Anno 2070 expansion added deep-sea wares and 3rd civ type, but challenging? More steps is not more challenging, just requires more space). To me just having supply lines is not a challenge. If you'd press me I'd name Factorio as the BETTER game in that regard. Because there your supply lines really are physical existing things. They can be damaged, interrupted... backlogs can clog your supply lines etc. (Ok, it's also not a city builder, rather it's a.. factory.. survival.. builder?)

Point being. This game series needs innovation at the core. Every Anno since earliest, example _> 1701 just reiterated and added some gimmick on top (in 1404 it was.. nothing, actually, just a rethread of 1701) (in 2070 it was the Ark) Ind deep blue it was.. I don't even know. Underwater.. stuff?

Heck, remember 2011? When they announced they shifted the series to modern industrial (and now to Sci-fi industrial) people were aghast. Because the core gameplay didn't change. It never actually even improved.

If you play Anno 2070 now as first game ever, within 2 minutes you would be right at home again in Anno 1404... is that "good" ? To me it's... just lazy game design.

It's actually really telling that the ONLY thing that ever even changed is the military.

Sure, the games have a certain first flair.. I won't deny that. I loved Anno 2070 for a time. I loved 1404, for a time. But once you dig deep into the mechanics you notice that it's the same game all over again. And 2205 really does look nearly identical to Anno 2070, remains to be seen whether "5 times larger islands" is really true btw. It's something they had claimed for Anno 2070 as well, except they meant "map size" not "island size"

To me it's... just lazy game design.

welcome to games anno 2015 Clown

News Comments > Steam Passes 10M Concurrent Users
6. Re: Steam Passes 10M Concurrent Users Jun 15, 2015, 12:25 Luke

SAD SAD SAD for gaming  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile Trailer
17. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Batmobile Trailer Jun 14, 2015, 06:46 Luke

Quinn wrote on Jun 13, 2015, 19:21:
Seriously... Fuck that tank shite. I'm so sick and tired of games basing their entire story and gameplay around one new dumb gadget of the protagonist. Imagine CDP showing off the crossbow in every fucking trailer like it's THE new addition everyone was waiting for -- tbh, that's exactly how pathetic and simple the AC fanbase is.

Fuck this tank shite. Sure, you'll need it to blast through main-quest walls. Sure, you'll need it to clear misc-quest areas occupied by a legion of Knight Tanks for bonus XP. Sure, the tank will have some cool entrees during cutscenes, saving your arse during impossible odds.... But fuck off using that shite as THE UNIQUE SELLING POINT of the new game. It's not. And if it is... I am disappointed. Allot.

welcome to 2015 this is how so called games are made today , and give it a Little plastic smoke from a railgun and peps sre running out buying a titan Card to enjoy it.... people are sooo easy

News Comments > Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced
46. Re: Oculus Rift Controller & Xbox Partnership Announced Jun 12, 2015, 05:26 Luke

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 03:00:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 02:25:
PsychoMoggieBagpuss wrote on Jun 12, 2015, 01:25:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 11, 2015, 19:46:
Win 10 is free only if you're running Win 7 or above.

Like anyone serious about gaming is running XP or ME? Pull the other one, it's got bells on......

Lots of people still on Vista.

Less than 1% of PC gamers according to Steam stats. Even less than the number of poor saps still clinging to XP, lol.

Less than 1% of PC gamers according to Steam stats.

Yes on spysteam and only on spysteam , that is not ALL pc gamers , jezz ya all think steam is the only place to play Clown 's

News Comments > Retail Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Next Month
6. Re: Retail Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Next Month Jun 9, 2015, 05:23 Luke

Nuhauser wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 00:27:
My last EB experience: went to get a copy of Dead Island so I could play it at a LAN party. Take it to the counter and get handed an open box. I mentioned this to the cashier yokel, who tells me this is what they do for all PC games, so they can keep the discs behind the counter "but don't worry, it will install fine, nobody's used the key." Get to party, install game, *CD key in use*.

Call EB, "I dunno what's wrong, once you've opened it you can't return it though." Yeah, opened the sticker that fucker put on the box he already opened.

Emailed Steam, got told to send them a copy of my bill, 24 hours later they email me a new CD Key.

Fuck EB Games. Fuck buying games retail.

Fuck buying games retail ...ehh no

Fuck buying games on spyware steam ..YES

News Comments > Op Ed
41. Re: Op Ed Jun 8, 2015, 17:35 Luke

Don't buy a Steam Machine

Don't worry never gonna happen

News Comments > Steam Controller Video
28. Re: Steam Controller Video Jun 6, 2015, 06:22 Luke

Still is shitty , no matter how much you all try to convince your self to support this pos , its like all the apple peps " OMG valve has something new i want it now" max 2 month and this pos will lay on the shelf together with all your " omgware " from this spyfirm.

People are so easy to fool.

News Comments > Steam Controller Video
18. Re: Steam Controller Video Jun 5, 2015, 14:05 Luke

Keyboard and mouse , forget this controller pad with spyware , but then Again some just have to have the newest i see Clown 's  

604 Comments. 31 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo