Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for NigerianRoyalty

Real Name NigerianRoyalty   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 16, 2009, 02:52
Total Comments 14 (Suspect)
User ID 55084

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 11, 2013, 21:39 NigerianRoyalty

Pigeon wrote on Oct 11, 2013, 11:33:
Nothing says productivity like the big fisher-price "icons" of metro. This should be no surprise, IT generally gets the say in what the companies buy and they don't want a drastic, or even moderate, usability change because they're the ones that have to deal with the calls when someone can't figure out how to open excel anymore.

Those of us working for MSPs have no such say

Pray for me.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 7, 2013, 18:50 NigerianRoyalty

I'd almost be willing to deal with the administrative nightmare, but throw users into the mix and it's over. Wait until you have the joy of building a 2012 terminal server and just watching the support tickets pour in because they can't figure out how to log off or find any of their installed program folders. I always thought it was sloppy of users to pepper their desktop with shortcuts to every program EXE they can find, and now I pretty much have to recommend it because the start screen is so tedious with a mouse.

Yep, if I never see 2012 or 8 again it will be too soon.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Patch Has No Season Pass
19. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Patch Has No Season Pass Mar 22, 2013, 22:32 NigerianRoyalty

CS:GO is an entirely new game if you consider the gameplay considerably changed by virtue of its new and exciting recoil / hit detection model. You know, the one where any level of consistency from practice is thrown out the window and pub servers are dominated by people running and spraying with the P90.  

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Nov 24, 2012, 18:00 NigerianRoyalty

Acleacius wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 17:54:
No wonder epic got so fucked up, with him running development. Also shows why he should never develop games, ever again.

Kickstarter is nothing like when you sold out to ms, to help destroy PC Coop gaming. Kickstarter is much better than you will ever be, mr b.

Erm... Cliffski =/= CliffyB

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 22, 2012, 22:32 NigerianRoyalty

Ooh, look at all those Cintiqs...  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
10. Re: wow! an engaged citizen! Jul 31, 2012, 01:12 NigerianRoyalty

space captain wrote on Jul 30, 2012, 17:53:
people who have actually attempted to "fight the system" already know why its pointless to talk about it, much less demand "ACTION!"

its not the "system" thats the problem... its the people

and until you can accurately explain the story behind my avatar, you wont have a snowballs chance in hell of understanding what "fighting the system" is really about

Sean Connery in a mankini may not be relevant here.

News Comments > Arma III Animations Trailer
35. Re: Arma III Animations Trailer Apr 8, 2012, 13:40 NigerianRoyalty

Dmitri_M wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 13:20:

For the rest of us that remember ancient titles Ravenshield and OGR, we have games like ArmA.

Some of us remember titles more ancient like the original Rainbow Six and loved them, but still can't get into Arma. You can assume you are a more hardcore gamer if you'd like. To be honest I'm not sure how else anyone can rationalize buying things like TrackIR Pro

News Comments > Arma III Animations Trailer
34. Re: Arma III Animations Trailer Apr 8, 2012, 13:33 NigerianRoyalty

Paranoid Jack wrote on Apr 8, 2012, 11:50:
Also the player movement can get a little stale at times. It feels clunky. I know it varies and depends on the characters load. And before you say anything I've played old school tactical shooters. I own every Rainbow Six and the original Ghost Recon series with all expansions. I enjoy slower more realistic movements. But again smoothing them out to feel better not faster. I don't want it to be a overly fast paced shooter. Maybe it's just the camera that makes it seem clunky but I doubt it I remember that feeling well while playing the first couple games. Even if this studio only was involved with the first release.

Probably the camera and the artificial mouse lag. I spent hours trying to fix the mouse, which felt like I was pulling around my soldier's face with a rubber band, only to learn from the Arma forums this is intentional and supposed to simulate the weight of your weapon. Why they don't simply make your weapon crosshair lag behind your mouseview is baffling but it was enough to break the game for me.

News Comments > Warren Spector Lifetime Achievement Award
29. Re: Warren Spector Lifetime Achievement Award Feb 4, 2012, 13:03 NigerianRoyalty

avianflu wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 15:52:
arent these lifetime achievement awards often the kiss of death professionally?

Look at poor Sid Meier: The last simcity, 2 versions of spore and lots of generic sim city sequels.

Will Wright?

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Kit & "Surprise" Tuesday
4. Re: Skyrim Creation Kit & Feb 3, 2012, 22:00 NigerianRoyalty

Horse Shout DLC for $1.99?

For when your horse just needs to fus ro dah some dudes.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 24, 2011, 19:28 NigerianRoyalty

Hastings seems intent on convincing us not only that he can't manage the company but that he doesn't need the good will of his customers.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization May 29, 2011, 21:53 NigerianRoyalty

The dev in question had purportedly used code direct from Snes9x, one of the better SNES emulators from the open source community. Needless to say, charging money for this code is a no-no as far as license agreements go.

It's a shame the product suffers for the creator's poor judgement.

News Comments > Dragon Age II DRM Explained
8. Re: Dragon Age II DRM Explained Jan 31, 2011, 21:21 NigerianRoyalty

I wonder if one day we will need RSA SecureID tokens to authenticate our video games...  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V's New Language
4. Re: The Elder Scrolls V's New Language Jan 6, 2011, 22:06 NigerianRoyalty

<dragon>

Seen any mudcrabs lately?

</dragon>

14 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo