Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Andrew

Real Name Andrew   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname tskiller
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://darkdiamond.net
Signed On Jul 14, 2009, 16:11
Total Comments 24 (Suspect)
User ID 55080

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Terraria Grounded
9. Re: Terraria Grounded Feb 23, 2012, 11:14 tskiller

Am I disappointed? Yeah. Angry or upset at the guy? Not at all.

I loved the game, it was worth every penny and then some. I'm grateful for all he did to add to it thus far, and while I'd love another world or whatnot done to it they've already supported the game far more than most professional jobs would have.

can't wait to see what his next game will be once he is back in the saddle.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crysis 2 Has Dedicated Servers, New Trailers
12. Re: Crysis 2 Has Dedicated Servers, New Trailers Feb 10, 2011, 16:01 tskiller

DangerDog wrote on Feb 10, 2011, 15:58:
tskiller wrote on Feb 10, 2011, 15:48:
Fuck you crytek. If you want to force us to pay for dedicated servers you aren't getting a cent from me.

Not even to mention that no public server files means no user generated maps, mods, or any content of any kind.

Edit:

After watching the new trailer, I've lost all interest in crysis 2, dedicated servers or not. If i wanted to play call of duty, I'd play call of duty.

Fair enough, I swear though one of the biggest complaints on the boards for the beta of Crysis was that there wasn't any stat tracking, they only offered that offline view of your stats and for many it just didn't cut it.

Er, blame Battlefield for that one?

If it was purely statistical tracking I'd have no problem with that. In fact, I'd love it. I really thought that was cool with unreal tournament, as hit or miss as the actual tracking was.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Has Dedicated Servers, New Trailers
9. Re: Crysis 2 Has Dedicated Servers, New Trailers Feb 10, 2011, 15:48 tskiller

Fuck you crytek. If you want to force us to pay for dedicated servers you aren't getting a cent from me.

Not even to mention that no public server files means no user generated maps, mods, or any content of any kind.

Edit:

After watching the new trailer, I've lost all interest in crysis 2, dedicated servers or not. If i wanted to play call of duty, I'd play call of duty.

News Comments > Kings and Castles Monthly DLC Plans
8. Re: Kings and Castles Monthly DLC Plans Nov 14, 2010, 23:55 tskiller

Wow, this is sounding like its shaping up to be even worse than supreme commander 2 on so many "levels".  

News Comments > Battlefield Announcement Friday
14. Re: Battlefield Announcement Friday Nov 2, 2010, 21:51 tskiller

Not BF3? Not interested.  

News Comments > Square Enix Banking on Deus Ex
10. Re: Square Enix Banking on Deus Ex Oct 22, 2010, 18:19 tskiller

Ugh, no please, does it really have to be square enix? I'm not sure how much angst, belts, and spikey hair I can take in Deus Ex. Seriously, I'd rather have nothing than square nix getting their grubby tentacles all over Deus Ex. Not everything needs to be a 25 year long franchise that's milked until the cash cow is bone dry.  

News Comments > PC DeathSpank and Shank This Month
7. Re: PC DeathSpank and Shank This Month Oct 6, 2010, 19:49 tskiller

About time, but I still don't appreciate being jerked around like this to drum up additional sales for the console versions.  

News Comments > OnLive Drops Subscription Fees
14. Re: OnLive Drops Subscription Fees Oct 4, 2010, 18:22 tskiller

Getting desperate, eh?  

News Comments > TF2 In-Game Store and Steam Wallet Launch
25. Re: TF2 In-Game Store and Steam Wallet Launch Sep 30, 2010, 18:45 tskiller

Never thought I'd see the day where valve goes onto my developer shitlist, but this is the last straw. Them not releasing anything half-life related in forever and a day was bad enough, but charging for what should essentially be free mods is ridiculous. The fact that there will be plenty of people dumb enough to pay for it and they will make a KILLING doing so makes it all the more worse.  

News Comments > BioWare: Console is "the Past"
1. Re: BioWare: Console is "the Past" Jul 14, 2010, 22:15 tskiller

Whatever bioware, the more I learn about Dragon Age 2 the more console centric your design choices become.  

News Comments > PS3 Portal 2
14. Re: PS3 Portal 2 Jun 15, 2010, 17:45 tskiller

So is this why portal got delayed? And THIS is the surprise? So they can announce a simultaneous release on all platforms?

Thanks, valve.

News Comments > Dungeon Siege 3 Announced
33. Re: Dungeon Siege 3 Announced Jun 7, 2010, 20:08 tskiller

Wow, so it's made by obsidian, with square enix, with consoles in mind.

This is going to be one godawful monstrosity of a game.

News Comments > Why Didn't You Buy GSB?
18. Re: Why Didn't You Buy GSB? Jun 5, 2010, 17:26 tskiller

I actually bought this one, and enjoyed it greatly. It's fun when you just want to blow some shit up or create your own fleet of custom ships.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Considering EA-Style DLC Scheme
11. Re: Ubisoft Considering EA-Style DLC Scheme May 19, 2010, 11:35 tskiller

Wow, these scumbags really are willing to do anything to get an extra buck. The industry is getting kind of pathetic now.  

News Comments > StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty CE & Pricing
6. Re: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty CE & Pricing Apr 8, 2010, 13:49 tskiller

60$? screw you, blizzard.

No LAN and this kinda price? Count me out.

News Comments > Half-Life Pulse Detected
6. Re: Half-Life Pulse Detected Mar 26, 2010, 23:54 tskiller

So they want to "scare" the player?

Wow, I can't wait to stumble around unlit corridors without enough ammo waiting for an elevator to come down 90 flights, while dealing with a retarded AI companion, and a zerg rush of zombies.

oh wait...

News Comments > On PC Bad Company 2 and Free DLC
2. Re: On PC Bad Company 2 and Free DLC Feb 9, 2010, 14:22 tskiller

And THIS is why we aren't allowed to host our own servers with our own content. Thanks for looking out for your customers, assholes.  

News Comments > Chris Taylor Optimistic About PC Gaming
17. Re: Chris Taylor Optimistic About PC Gaming Jan 21, 2010, 17:48 tskiller

This is asinine, Taylor is part of the problem. Don't even get me started on the DOA level of consolitis supreme commander 2 has. Pisses me off to no end how he keeps claiming to be some sort of expert on PC games, yet he himself is one for simplifying and dumbing down so it has appeal to the masses of console players out there.  

News Comments > Chris Taylor on RTS Mechanics
6. Re: Chris Taylor on RTS Mechanics Jan 13, 2010, 00:09 tskiller

Sorry, with all the dumbing down and streamlining of SC2 I really can't take anything this guy says seriously anymore.

All I see is less. Less units, less depth to the economic model, less polygons on the models, the list goes on. Don't even get me started on having square enix do the story. I think we've all had enough angsty teenagers with stupid hair-dos and too many belts.

News Comments > StarCraft II Details - No Co-op Campaign
37. Re: StarCraft II Details - No Co-op Camp Aug 17, 2009, 17:58 tskiller

@Malacai
I don't feel like giving out my email and contact details just so they can stream me ads via battle.net and send me crappy newsletters to my inbox. Sure, I could filter them out or opt-out from mailings, but that's more work on my end I shouldn't have to worry about in the first place.

I ask you, why should i have to sign up for some online service if i have no actual interest playing online?

DRM could be a simple CD check, or something intrusive like starfoce or the way Spore worked. I wouldn't mind if it was a simple CD check, nothing wrong with that. Connecting to the internet is unreasonable for anything but an MMO. If they wanted to phone home while i played online, again, that would be understandable.

While I don't play online (I don't have the skills to play online) I still play with my brother over our lan, and I host lans from time to time in my basement. We used to be able to pass around my single starcraft CD, install a bunch of spawns, and we would be good to go - even though we had no internet. This is how we play most of our games, and now we can't.

so while these may seem like dumb reasons to you, they really ruin the game for me. Especially the no lan. That was a low blow. It's not so much each individual issue, its just together this whole game leaves a bad taste in my mouth - like they assume from the get go I'm going to copy the games for all my friends, so they remove LAN and require online activation to prevent it.

24 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo