Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rick

Real Name Rick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ^Drag0n^
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.tacticalgamerz.com
Signed On Jul 9, 2009, 18:02
Total Comments 1243 (Pro)
User ID 55075

User comment history
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

News Comments > Steve Jobs Resigns
3. Re: Steve Jobs Resigns Aug 24, 2011, 20:03 ^Drag0n^

Godspeed, Steve. You're a better man than your critics give you credit for.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons
54. Re: GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons Aug 24, 2011, 19:48 ^Drag0n^

Razorclaw wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 19:27:
haha gamestop. why not discard the serial key as well since the game is steam only

Why stop there? Just give them a post-it with the Steam Key written on it in a sealed envelope for $60.

^D^

53. Re: GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons Aug 24, 2011, 19:46 ^Drag0n^

People that think the publishers are bad really don't get just what a bunch of shady currs these Gamestop XOs are.

"Now that you caught us red-handed, um, well, we're not selling it!"

^D^

News Comments > Steam From Dust Refunds
45. Re: Steam From Dust Refunds Aug 24, 2011, 19:03 ^Drag0n^

Creston wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 16:43:
Now, are the piracy numbers that are being reduced through DRM (and that actually lead to would-be pirates going out and buying the game) enough to offset the lost sales? We don't really know. But seeing as how DRM rarely works (it's usually cracked before the game is even out), I'm going to say that, no, it doesn't.

I've got to back you up there. As long as a hacker can get the binaries and is not averse to going at the code at the assembly-level, you will *Always* see cracked versions of the software, regardless of the DRM. Period.

Steam games have been cracked to not require Steam
SecuROM games have been hacked to eliminate disc checks
Ubi games have been hacked to eliminate the pings to home.

DRM doesn't stop the hardcore pirate hacker; it just does what any other lock does: it keeps honest people honest.

The real question becomes when does DRM go too far?

Would you want 5 locks, a deadbolt, a retinal scanner, glucose tester, and a thumbprint reader just to open the door to your home?

Probably not.

Well, maybe nin would think that hardware would be cool, but besides him

^D^

News Comments > Steam From Dust Refunds
44. Re: Steam From Dust Refunds Aug 24, 2011, 18:53 ^Drag0n^

One positive thing out of this?

It shows that Steam can, should Valve want to, implement rental or playtime-limited trial releases of product(s) with few changes to their base software.

I actually think that is pretty damn cool.

^D^

News Comments > No Home Dedicated Servers for Battlefield 3
11. Re: No Home Dedicated Servers for Battlefield 3 Aug 24, 2011, 18:46 ^Drag0n^

I never thought I'd say this, but Activision's offering seems more compelling right now (if you like this style game):

BF3:
--Always on DRM
--no dedicated servers
--locked at 30fps
--Can be taken away from you if you stop using origin for 2 years

CODMW3:
--Steam DRM
--Dedicated user run server option
--60 fps target
--you lose it only if Gabe chokes on a meal, and has no will.

o.O

^D^

6. Re: No Home Dedicated Servers for Battlefield 3 Aug 24, 2011, 18:28 ^Drag0n^

Nacelle wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 18:21:
Yet another battlefield game that won't be getting any attention at the LAN parties. Why can't they push us an unranked version to use or something.

HEATHEN!

How dare ye spake words that might ad value for the consumer!

^D^

5. Re: No Home Dedicated Servers for Battlefield 3 Aug 24, 2011, 18:26 ^Drag0n^

Well this was a total surprise...

Not.

^D^

40. Re: GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons Aug 24, 2011, 18:14 ^Drag0n^

Serule wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 18:04:
Not that I'm defending gamestop (I unfortunately work there..) but can I ask how many of you who posted actually use onlive? Not that I agree that taking it out of the box was right.. but really.. how much damage would it do?

Whether or not you use it isn't the point; the point is they are breaking a manufacturer's seal on a product, removing content, and selling it at the full price, minus one of the items.

Whether I chose to use the service, or give the code to someone that does, is irrellevant: They stole material from a package, and sold it under false pretense.

That's actually breaking the law.

^D^

37. Re: GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons Aug 24, 2011, 17:51 ^Drag0n^

How the hell can they view a license for a single game sold at their P.O.S. store as promoting a competitor?

I'd just call SE/Eidos and say "WTF? Gamestop stole my OnLive code. May I have another?"

Wow. that's just obnoxious. would they tear open a game that had a coupon for 3 free months of XBOX mag or PC Gamer too?

^D^

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Retail Includes OnLive
68. Re: SSAO and Mouse Lag issue (potential fix) Aug 24, 2011, 06:18 ^Drag0n^

AdamK47 wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 06:10:
^Drag0n^ wrote on Aug 23, 2011, 20:03:
Yeah, it definitely looks like PC SSAO is busted (Eidos Forums with Screenshots)

And, apparently, whatever is broken, is causing a mouse response issue for several people.

Again, I'm going to try this one out when I get home. Thank god I think SSAO looks pretty bad in most games... ;-)

^D^

As one of the developers posted, the SSAO implemented on the PC is different. It's a true implementation of SSAO. The console version uses shadowing. It's not true SSAO on the console.

Well, either way it broke the mouse when it is on, so something is wrong with SSAO.

The whole idea of SSAO is to generate lifelike shadows and radiosity, so I was a little perplexed that they'd say what they did.

^D^

62. Re: SSAO and Mouse Lag issue (potential fix) Aug 23, 2011, 23:50 ^Drag0n^

^Drag0n^ wrote on Aug 23, 2011, 20:03:
Yeah, it definitely looks like PC SSAO is busted (Eidos Forums with Screenshots)

And, apparently, whatever is broken, is causing a mouse response issue for several people.

Again, I'm going to try this one out when I get home. Thank god I think SSAO looks pretty bad in most games... ;-)

^D^

Said it in the other thread, but:

I just verified turning OFF SSAO in the setup app made the mouse lag go away completely.

Good thing it seemed to have little real effect on the visuals.

Someone else mentioned something I hadn't really noticed until I read it: when you walk diagonally, you walk about 1.414 times faster (sqrt of 2).

That is kinda whack.

But the game is still a blast!

^D^

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched
10. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Patched Aug 23, 2011, 23:48 ^Drag0n^

Jerykk wrote on Aug 23, 2011, 23:02:
Apparently the SSAO implementation is causing some mouse acceleration issues. I hope that gets patched too.

I just verified this: day zero patch fixed the issue a little bit, but turning OFF SSAO in the setup app made the problem go away completely.

Good thing it seemed to have little real effect on the visuals.

Someone else mentioned something I hadn't really noticed until I read it: when you walk diagonally, you walk about 1.414x faster (sqrt of 2).

That is kinda whack.

^D^

57. SSAO and Mouse Lag issue (potential fix) Aug 23, 2011, 20:03 ^Drag0n^

^D^

56. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 23, 2011, 19:46 ^Drag0n^

Creston wrote on Aug 23, 2011, 19:38:
Maybe this patch is what's keeping me from running it, though I guess I really should update my 8 month old drivers.

Creston

LMAO Umm....maybe.

^D^

54. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 23, 2011, 19:37 ^Drag0n^

From the Steam Update Notes for the patch:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Update Released
Product Update - Valve
An issue was found that caused some users to be unable to start the game on specific machines. Specifically, the presence of older ATI/AMD drivers, also on machines with NVidia hardware, would cause the game to crash on startup. This patch is a hot-fix for that particular issue. On top of this, it also increases the number of save-slots from 20, like on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions, to 99.

Square-Enix, Eidos Montreal and Nixxes are committed to supporting this title and will continue to monitor for any further issues and provide additional patches in the future if required.

We hope this will help you enjoy Deus Ex: Human Revolution!

52. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 23, 2011, 19:23 ^Drag0n^

nin wrote on Aug 23, 2011, 19:08:
I have reasonable confidence to expect that this issue dissapears in the first patch.

Speaking of, I got a 12.8 meg patch when I got home tonight.

Awesome! Hopefully it will be a non-issue, as I'd hate to lose a graphics feature that's been a staple since Crysis came out.

^D^

49. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 23, 2011, 19:03 ^Drag0n^

jimnms wrote on Aug 23, 2011, 18:07:
The controls don't feel right. The mouse has horrible lag/smoothing. The forums suggested turning off vsync. That does make it better, but it still doesn't feel right. Even the regular movements feel off.

Shutting off VSYNC makes it better, but doesn't fix it. I just read that people having this problem should try shutting off SSAO in the "setup" mode of the launcher. Rumor has it that SSAO didn't port right, and when turned off fixes the problem completely (got this from the Eidos Forums).

I'll be testing that fix tonight as I had a slight lack of response issue with the mouse while playing this morning. I'll post my findings in this thread afterwards.

Good news is that the awesomeness of the game offset the minor annoyance. I have reasonable confidence to expect that this issue dissapears in the first patch.

On the other hand, I'm an old QW fart that is used to mouse lag, so it didn't really get under my skin too bad (grin).

^D^

44. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 23, 2011, 17:25 ^Drag0n^

Tumbler wrote on Aug 23, 2011, 16:50:
Did you read the story? The retail version includes OnLive access.

Ooooo, go buy the boxed versions!

https://twitter.com/#!/OnLive/status/106065819099873281/photo/1/large

You should be able to sell/trade that code as it looks to be a seperate unique code for Onlive! (you might even be able to offer it on my beloved Goozex! I'm checking on that)

I really can't see how this OnLive gaming service is going to keep it's head above water. How on earth can they make money? It's not like the cloud computing machines are so powerful that one can host multiple instances on a single box. That horsepower costs money. The game costs money. You can't miraculously make tose costs disappear.

I must really be missing something here.

^D^

43. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 23, 2011, 17:21 ^Drag0n^

nin wrote on Aug 23, 2011, 16:27:
Are the facial animations and textures really as dated as what I've been reading?

Facial animations aren't cutting edge, I'll say that.

If I could fix one thing, it would be I wish the in game movies were higher rezzed, and they look a bit pixely.

I'd live with the somewhat pixley movies. Rather see the "boss mechanic" changed to something more Deus-Exy

^D^

1243 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 39.
< Newer [ 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo