Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rick

Real Name Rick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ^Drag0n^
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.tacticalgamerz.com
Signed On Jul 9, 2009, 18:02
Total Comments 1246 (Pro)
User ID 55075

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > IW on PC Modern Warfare 3
11. Re: IW on PC Modern Warfare 3 Sep 27, 2011, 13:40 ^Drag0n^

Worldcraft was awesome...I just with Ben updated it a hell of a lot more often than he did ;-)

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Skyrim Voice Cast Announced
30. Re: Skyrim Voice Cast Announced Sep 27, 2011, 13:36 ^Drag0n^

Creston wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 13:26:
Also, shit, Ivanova is in it!

IVANOVA!!!!

Creston

She's an awesome actress. Hillarious on the set, from what our writer said. One of my great regrets is not getting ItF to market. It was a hell of a game.

^D^

News Comments > Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded on Hold
4. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded on Hold Sep 27, 2011, 13:29 ^Drag0n^

July 5, 2023?  

News Comments > A Valley Without Wind PC/Mac Demo
2. Re: A Valley Without Wind PC/Mac Demo Sep 26, 2011, 17:22 ^Drag0n^

A Valley without Wind is where you will find the farm without beans.

(Oh, man, I'm so sorry for this....)

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Drivers for BF3 Beta
11. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for BF3 Beta Sep 26, 2011, 16:33 ^Drag0n^

SirKnight wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 15:22:
^Drag0n^ wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 14:33:
Are these really new "drivers" or just setting profiles wrapped in the same old driver.

Why a game requires special drivers is beyond me. Adhere to the API standard(s): quit taking shortcuts.

^D^

Yes these are new drivers, not just a profile.

Learn how drivers really work and do some profiling with various games/apps and it will be more clear why you need special optimizations. A good place to start is the Mesa codebase or any of the open source linux 3d drivers.

I get that. Even been in those shoes.

I'm just not endorsing the, "screw how the driver is, I'm doing it this way," philosophy, and relying on nvidia/ATI to patch out a new driver for your game, just to ensure that it works correctly without stuttering, skipping, or just plane having shitty framerates. This CAN be addressed at the application level. Using a recent example: Deus Ex and stuttering. Special driver? No. Game Engine patch? Yes. Got 3 of them, in fact. Problem solved. Without a new driver for "Deus Ex Compatibility."

My point? 90-95% of games run out-of-the-box without graphics performance issues. Making a horrible user experience out of the box is ALWAYS a bad plan, even if it is fixed with a patch later (be it by the studio or a hardware vendor). RELYING on the 3rd party to ake your program run well is ALWAYS the worst, last option. The only reason they are getting away with it here is because BF3 will probably sell millions of units worldwide, and a shitload of hardware along with it.

^D^

News Comments > Skyrim Race Abilities and Perk Trees
13. Re: Skyrim Race Abilities and Perk Trees Sep 26, 2011, 16:20 ^Drag0n^

I am SO looking forward to this game. It just looks like the depth side of this game is going to border on ridiculous. One of the few I plan to get in a collector's edition.

Will it be buggy? No doubt, but Bethesda has always stood behind their products, so I'm not really all that worried about it.

^D^

News Comments > On PC Batman: Arkham City
30. Re: On PC Batman: Arkham City Sep 26, 2011, 14:44 ^Drag0n^

entr0py wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 14:41:
necrosis wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 14:27:
You do understand that just firewalling it does not fix the issues right? People have had issues with it just existing. I was one of them till some patches fixed my problems. But others still had tons of issues.

No I didn't know about those issues, I was responding to Elessar's troubles. That would suck. It does make me wonder what sort of deal they've reached with Microsoft to include GFWL. Because it does nothing useful in the game, and it's not designed to be DRM.

I had similar issues with Fallout 3 and DLC. Pissed me off to no end. I ended up just buying the GOTY CD about a year later just to get out of the issues I was having. I literally leaped for joy when Zenimax said they were switching to Steamworks for New Vegas. I've literally had zero problems with Steam. A few inconveniences? Yes (i.e. the PC validation), but overall so much better.

GFWL is just a steaming pile of offal that should be bagged and buried in the desert.

^D^

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Drivers for BF3 Beta
5. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for BF3 Beta Sep 26, 2011, 14:33 ^Drag0n^

Are these really new "drivers" or just setting profiles wrapped in the same old driver.

Why a game requires special drivers is beyond me. Adhere to the API standard(s): quit taking shortcuts.

^D^

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation (RAGE) Sep 26, 2011, 14:24 ^Drag0n^

Holy shit, I hope Steam preloads a week early....this is going to be one painful download.

^D^

News Comments > Steam Translations Value Estimate
26. Re: Steam Translations Value Estimate Sep 25, 2011, 22:59 ^Drag0n^

Ah, yes. Valve. The source of all that is evil in the universe...

/sarcasm

*^Drag0n^ drives on by...

News Comments > Mod Removes Deus Ex: Human Revolution Gold Filter
34. Re: Mod Removes Deus Ex: Human Revolution Gold Filter Sep 25, 2011, 11:29 ^Drag0n^

Jerykk wrote on Sep 24, 2011, 20:19:
saluk wrote on Sep 24, 2011, 01:22:
How in the heck will you know what you can click on in the sea of static objects?

It's not that hard. There are only a few object types that you can interact with in any given level and they're pretty recognizable. I played through the game with the object highlighting disabled and I didn't have any issues.

I guess that's why the whole sepia / hilight thing never bothered me. If you go back and replay, before you're augmented, that filter isn't there--it's an aftereffect of the augmentation. I just took it as such. I thought it was kind of cool, actually, as drivers /shooters glasses are amber to increase contrast by eliminating low frequency light.

^D^

News Comments > DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC "For Real Now"
24. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC Sep 25, 2011, 11:19 ^Drag0n^

ZeroCougar wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 21:57:
It should read: It also feels good to be back on PC for now.

I'm sure they will be drooling like crazy whenever the next console gen hits and they'll say the same thing there saying here, and just change out PC for whatever the flavor of the year is.

Nice

^D^

News Comments > DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC "For Real Now"
14. Re: DICE: Happy To Be Back on PC Sep 24, 2011, 01:31 ^Drag0n^

w00tie wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 21:27:
The only jets I care about having back are in Winnipeg. Battlefield needs more infantry combat and less flight sim.

I see what you did there. +1 for awesome hockey reference.

^D^

News Comments > Bethesda Denied Fallout MMOG Restraining Order
2. Re: Bethesda Denied Fallout MMOG Restraining Order Sep 23, 2011, 21:33 ^Drag0n^

God, this is getting ridiculous.

Two monkeys and Paris Hilton are more likely to ship a Fallout MMORPG than Interplay and Masthead. Which is only a notch or two above Bethesda doing the same.

Seriously.

All we have seen is artwork and a bible document, representing 4+ years of work.

My last crew did that in 3 months.

At this rate, we'll all be 60 when it goes on sale.

For consoles.

^D^

News Comments > On Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC and Boss Battles
39. Re: On Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC and Boss Battles Sep 23, 2011, 21:24 ^Drag0n^

loomy wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 20:40:
as usual, hubris. people think they know it all.

guess what, peckers. the lesson isn't learned until you fix it. you fix the error you shipped. it is called a patch. you don't sell people new patches first, you fix what you shipped. idiots.

looking forward to the new "DLC". not

Umm. They've patched the game. 3 times. For free. DLC isn't due for 2-3 weeks.

Point?

Look, the boss battles are weak, we ALL get it, but just drop two level 2 Typhoons on the Bosses and move on. Seriously. I spent more time loading the game the first time I played it than I did on all of the bosses. Combined.

^D^

News Comments > Origin Adds Anti-Lawsuit Language to TOS
5. Re: Origin Adds Anti-Lawsuit Language to TOS Sep 23, 2011, 21:17 ^Drag0n^

[VG]Reagle wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 21:10:
That clause does not appear constitutional. You can not waive your rights to a trial by jury even if you want to.

Actually, I believe you can, but not before charges are brought up against you.

This strikes me as bullshit. Another reason I don't trust EA.

News Comments > Origin Adds Anti-Lawsuit Language to TOS
4. Re: Origin Adds Anti-Lawsuit Language to TOS Sep 23, 2011, 21:15 ^Drag0n^

Is that even legally binding?

^D^

News Comments > On Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC and Boss Battles
34. Re: On Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC and Boss Battles Sep 23, 2011, 19:35 ^Drag0n^

nin wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 18:40:
I'm beginning to wonder if Eidos Montreal actually did any of the work on this console game.

Oh please...drama much?

Agreed. I disliked the boss battles, but overall? That game was top notch.

^D^

28. Re: Mod Removes Deus Ex: Human Revolution Gold Filter Sep 23, 2011, 19:31 ^Drag0n^

Bumpy wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 18:06:
The piss filter is fine if it makes sense like a desert scene or smog filled city but not a whole game.

Maybe you missed this little detail: Adam's "glasses" had gold/amber lenses...

^D^

27. Re: Mod Removes Deus Ex: Human Revolution Gold Filter Sep 23, 2011, 19:30 ^Drag0n^

venomhed wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 15:05:
Been playing and loving this game. The "yellow" never bothered me at all, even after others pointed it out.

The game engine however isn't the best. After playing Stalker and Mass Effect 1/2 this game looks dated. However the game is very fun and all.

I hope next time around they use another companies engine such as Crytek or Unreal (unless they used that here?). Spend time on the game and better conversations with fluid characters would help tremendously in the immersion.

Really?

I thought ME2 looked far worse than the Crystal Dynamix engine. What I found even more amazing was that they seemed to re-use little in terms of textures throughout the game; each structure seemed to have it's own unique ambiance.

I was incredibly impressed with the trip down that last elevator approaching the game's conclusion...that gave a tremendous feeling of mass and perspective...with a bit of vertigo thrown in...

^D^

1246 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo