Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rick

Real Name Rick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ^Drag0n^
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.tacticalgamerz.com
Signed On Jul 9, 2009, 18:02
Total Comments 1242 (Pro)
User ID 55075

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Map
38. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Map Oct 11, 2011, 18:11 ^Drag0n^

Creston: Check it out.

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever: Hail to the Icons
17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever: Hail to the Icons Oct 11, 2011, 17:38 ^Drag0n^

I'm waiting for Choplifter!HD and Trine2. Those should be money well spent.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Orcs Must Die!
7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Orcs Must Die! Oct 11, 2011, 16:50 ^Drag0n^

Oooo..DNF is 50% off on Steam....(waits for it...)  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Soundtrack; The Missing Link Trailer
19. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Soundtrack; The Missing Link Trailer Oct 11, 2011, 16:39 ^Drag0n^

That's the same track list that came with the Augmented Edition in the form of 12 MP3s...Has a bit of a Daft Punk (as in the TRON:Legacy Soundtrack) vibe to it.

(edited for spelling, clarification)

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 2011, 18:54.

37. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Map Oct 11, 2011, 16:36 ^Drag0n^

Beamer wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 15:05:
It always amazes me that this is more or less the only thing Jerykk and I agree on.

Games can be RPG-lite so long as their focus isn't on the RPG aspect. RPG elements can make most genres a bit more fun. As it stands the best games tend to blur genres a bit.

I agree as well; most games (especially shooters) benefit from a little RPG baked in.

35. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Map Oct 11, 2011, 14:59 ^Drag0n^

Creston wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 11:16:
InBlack wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 07:20:

CRPG - Character Role Playing Game - A game focused on meaningful choices that serve to develop your character in different and varied ways.

Eh, CRPG stands for Computer Role Playing Game.

You're both wrong:

CRPG - Crappy Role Playing Game: (n) CRaP-Gee; Refers to the line of RPGs of the post-console era that have been dumbed down such as to not suffer from lack of a keyboard, mouse, or other higher level input device.

But I still pre-ordered Skyrim.

News Comments > Diablo III Collector's Edition Revealed
8. Re: Diablo III Collector's Edition Revealed Oct 11, 2011, 13:22 ^Drag0n^

Nah, it coes with an empty wallet with a note attached that reads, "better get used to this."

News Comments > Trine 2 "Unlimited Mode" Trailer
2. Re: Trine 2 Oct 11, 2011, 10:39 ^Drag0n^

Agreed. the first Trine was awesome, and though the playing curve went very steep suddenly in the last encounter, I enjoyed it immensely, probably because it reminded me of the Mac classic, Dark Castle.  

News Comments > id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms
246. Re: id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms Oct 11, 2011, 03:22 ^Drag0n^

Oh, man. Seriously?

Ending was a bit of a letdown.

Total setup for DLC/Sequel.

11. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Map Oct 11, 2011, 03:20 ^Drag0n^

Kythlyn wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 01:52:
This is just one part of a continent, afiak... the game just happens to take place in this corner of a much larger world.

Yep...not the eastern bordering land: "Morrowind".

7. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Map Oct 10, 2011, 23:46 ^Drag0n^

I opted for the collectors edition this time around. Dunno why  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
23. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 10, 2011, 19:51 ^Drag0n^

Moore's law works. The A5 chip in the iPhone4S is running games equivalent to UT2004 in complexity right now.

My 35w Ion2 powered netbook runs Doom 3 faster than the rig I ran it on originally; and, in it's day, the video card alone cost almost twice as much as the entire netbook.

20. Re: RE: Follow up Oct 10, 2011, 19:28 ^Drag0n^

I'd gladly give up my 1200w space heater of a PC for something with the same computing power that draws 4watts and is the size of half a brick of soap.

I mean, seriously?

18. Re: Apple's 1000 engineers Oct 10, 2011, 19:05 ^Drag0n^

Creston: You joke, man, but I'd be first in line for a house with real time digital monitoring of power, water, gas, and sewer.

For once you could see just how much it truly costs to give a shit

As for the whole Jobs thing (not aimed at you Cres; just a general comment): I still find it lowbrow to crap on a guy after death. Lots of people got into PCs because of him (Apple //e for me), and like or hate him, he did make technology accessible to people that normally would (should?) never be near a computer . I'm willing to bet a lot of our parents are on Macs because of the same reason mine are: I just can't handle running over to their house every time they get a trojan, infected jpeg, or some new phishing-deployed POS.

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2011, 19:15.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed
46. Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed Oct 10, 2011, 18:24 ^Drag0n^

Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 17:40:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 17:24:
If you played ME1 and ME2, theres no way you could pass on ME3, it'd be like buying 4 books in the series, and not buying the final conclusion book 5 when its released.

I know. And EA is milking that knowledge for all it's fucking worth.

Creston

Oh, I'll get it. At the 2013 Steam Sale for $5.

News Comments > RAGE Patched
92. Re: RAGE Patched Oct 10, 2011, 18:18 ^Drag0n^

Yup.  

News Comments > id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms
243. Re: id On RAGE Oct 10, 2011, 18:12 ^Drag0n^

With all due respect, the game's setpieces don't really start to come until about 3-4 hours in. The better ones are actually in the second hub, which clearly shows that id was more comfortable with the tools as the game was maturing.

I posted some of the items I found impressive in the patch thread. While I agree that some of the "invisible walls" are frustrating, after you get beyond that there's some amazing work in there.

I'm in no way disagreeing that the game had birthing issues, but I can see that once they iron out there's going to be some cool stuff that can be done with it.

90. Re: RAGE Patched Oct 10, 2011, 17:50 ^Drag0n^

Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 13:58:
^Drag0n^ wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 13:30:
Shoveling this aside for a second, has anyone else noticed the volumetric lighting effects, and how the atmospheric affect actually multiply and dither onto the characters properly (i.e. the multiplication of the effect is directly related to distance, as opposed to a carte blanche fixed multiplier)?

Okay, now again in English please, Mr Carmack. :p

LMAO.

Sorry, I get a little geeky on this stuff.

What I mean is that if you and another entity are in fogbank, how clearly you can (or can't) see them is directly affected by the distance between the two of you. I also noticed that light plays into visibility as well, i.e. if the light on a fog or dust cloud is bright and pointing at you, it makes it hard to see in the same way it would in real life.

You can sort of "trick" the fog effect in UDK, Source, or idtech4 through multiple brushes, but it won't transition as smoothly (or realistically) as the distance changes between you and the target. As far as I know, the HDR-in-the-fog effect can't be done in either of those three engines, as they now stand.

Again, something subtle, but very cool.

Oh, on Megatexture: someone let me know that Rage wasn't the first game to feature this: Apparently ET:QW has that functionality as well.

(Edited for clarity).

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2011, 17:58.

89. Re: RAGE Patched Oct 10, 2011, 17:43 ^Drag0n^

Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 12:30:
Hudson wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 09:08:
My game works and has worked since day one. Having fun. I think its a good game. And Creston you are a moron. You post here way too much and you think that entitles you to some expert gamer title. In reality you are a noob.

Go back to preschool, Zeph.

Creston

I thought you were going to go after the fact his account was 30 days old

84. Re: RAGE Patched Oct 10, 2011, 13:30 ^Drag0n^

Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 12:29:
I THINK the reason they disabled the tweaks is because they didn't know what all people had been tinkering with, and thus couldn't guarantee that the patch wouldn't behave weirdly with one of those settings enabled.

Disabling all the tweaks to make sure the patch is sound, and then re-enabling them again after the next patch makes quite a bit of sense.

True.

Shoveling this aside for a second, has anyone else noticed the volumetric lighting effects, and how the atmospheric affect actually multiply and dither onto the characters properly (i.e. the multiplication of the effect is directly related to distance, as opposed to a carte blanche fixed multiplier)? That's pretty badass. Added with AI/AF I can almost see someone making a game where smoke and light can actually be used effectively in a DM setting in a realistic way, rather than the cartoon-ish way we are seeing it now (COD, BF3). This effect was particularly noticeable in the mutant clean-up mission in the second wasteland hub. I was actually losing sight of things in the fog (and glare IN the fog) in a realistic way (visually). This is one of the first advances I've seen in a long while that made me sit back and say, "Damn. That's pretty cool."

1242 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo