Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rick

Real Name Rick   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ^Drag0n^
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://www.tacticalgamerz.com
Signed On Jul 9, 2009, 18:02
Total Comments 1243 (Pro)
User ID 55075

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Kit & "Surprise" Tuesday
42. Re: Skyrim Creation Kit & Feb 4, 2012, 13:18 ^Drag0n^

Jerykk wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 04:02:
Todd Howard said last summer they would release a High Res Pack, he also mentioned attempting to unfuck the PC user interface:

I think you're misinterpreting his statements. The PC version already has higher-res textures than the console versions if you run at the highest detail settings. Unfortunately, they're still relatively low-res compared to games like Witcher 2 and Metro 2033. And they did make some PC-centric changes to the UI. Namely, the presence of hotkeys and mouse support.

If they do actually release a genuinely high-res texture pack, I'll be pleasantly surprised. If they completely redo the UI, I'll be completely shocked. At this point, it's pretty redundant anyway, as I doubt they could do any better than what SkyUI has already done.

Agreed.

I understand and agree with their decision to make the UI universal (for the most part) across platforms. Creating a "special" interface would have created a support/debugging nightmare.

I disagree with the interface they made, however.

All the platforms would have benefited from someone devoted to UI design and management; as, if done properly, the UI wouldn't care if you used a mouse or gamepad. teams I've managed and worked with in the past approached it this way, with reasonable degrees of success.

Just my $0.02.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

39. Re: Skyrim Creation Kit & Feb 4, 2012, 13:13 ^Drag0n^

Silicon Avatar wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 06:27:
^Drag0n^ wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 01:35:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 01:28:
The game needs cats - and cats with laser eyes that shoot bees out of their mouths.

If Bethesda releases an HD texture pack for PC for free I will actually be pretty impressed with them.

IMO, any game that chews up 211 hours of gameplay, then suddenly reveals new castles I have not seen before? Pretty damn impressive.

Beth is like what id used to be... Loving the support they are throwing at the PC... Pretty much since FO3....

^D^

Well, there is that.

I do have a ton of hours in the game - and even more in both Fallout games. I always seem to get more than my money's worth out of Bethesda games even if they do take a little patching.

Yeah, I hear you. whenever I think about bitching, I remember just how much content is crammed into the game, and marvel that there actually aren't more problems than there are.

^D^

25. Re: Skyrim Creation Kit & Feb 4, 2012, 01:35 ^Drag0n^

Silicon Avatar wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 01:28:
The game needs cats - and cats with laser eyes that shoot bees out of their mouths.

If Bethesda releases an HD texture pack for PC for free I will actually be pretty impressed with them.

IMO, any game that chews up 211 hours of gameplay, then suddenly reveals new castles I have not seen before? Pretty damn impressive.

Beth is like what id used to be... Loving the support they are throwing at the PC... Pretty much since FO3....

^D^

22. Re: Skyrim Creation Kit & Feb 4, 2012, 01:25 ^Drag0n^

Rossafur wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 01:04:
Slashman wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 00:54:
Actually...I'd like to know what is with the horse aggression in this game.

These are the first horses I know who will run toward a pack of wolves. Are they just confused?

At this point, I'd like to request some horse armor DLC.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=1522
Cowardly horses mod (horses run away now instead of fighting everything)

Aaand
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=2590
Cowardly (or cautious, if you prefer) wolves, for wolf lovers like me who hate being forced to kill unnaturally aggressive/suicidal wolves all the time.

The game needs aggressive bees.... I mean, really... just grab them out of the air with your bare hands without getting stung? Sheeeeesh.

^D^

PS- the random crashing that I was having appears to have been due to an SKSE bug for the release made on the day that 1.4 went legit. The SKSE released today fixed the problem.

21. Re: Skyrim Creation Kit & Feb 4, 2012, 01:19 ^Drag0n^

Creston wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 00:08:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 21:13:
Apparently the rumor mill is going off and about that it's a high res texture pack for PC users.

That'd be off the fucking hook.

Creston

Prepare the hook you want to be off of....

http://i.imgur.com/9RKcH.png

^D^

12. Re: Skyrim Creation Kit & "Surprise" Tuesday Feb 3, 2012, 23:51 ^Drag0n^

Me? I'll take, "well, guys, screw the Xbox, you get the Morrowind DLC first and today! "

^D^

News Comments > Skyrim Patch
27. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 3, 2012, 11:58 ^Drag0n^

Ugh...anyone else getting random Crash to Desktop with this patch? I was rock stable before, now it goes ka-bloink after about an hour of play.

Ugh.

^D^

News Comments > Ubisoft Online Disruption
27. Re: Ubisoft Online Disruption Feb 2, 2012, 13:50 ^Drag0n^

Wildone wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 11:19:
who the fuck is still playing HAWX2

I'm not understanding your use of the word "still," in that sentence.

^D^

News Comments > Ubisoft Online Disruption
24. Re: Ubisoft Online Disruption Feb 2, 2012, 13:39 ^Drag0n^

"We hope you understand and appreciate that this interruption into your offline single player service will only enhance your online joy with this game that has no multilayer component. "

Goofballs.

^D^

26. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 2, 2012, 13:24 ^Drag0n^

Creston wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 21:44:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 20:08:
For load order sorting? Hows that supposed to work? Do you really believe valve will manage a BOSS list? Not to mention you have mods with dozens of esm's and esp's they'll will have to do a bit more than just set some flags, most mods have dozens of install options.

Hah, at best this is a download and drop in folder nonsense, a proper mod manager will still be required making this workshop entirely useless, because we already got a better workshop, skyrim nexus and their mod-downloader/manager which means, the workshop is at best a download utility, but with crappy search and no proper community behind it.

This will be one of the most useless things ever done, can't believe they delayed the CS for that.

To be fair, this is aimed at the people who currently DON'T use mods. The hardcore are going to stick with Wrye Bash and BOSS and NMM anyways. But for the people who've never tried a mod and want to maybe download one or two, this could work out very well.

But yeah, still, if they really start enjoying it, and download 20 mods, and shit breaks, they're going to complain on the forum.

Creston

Agreed. Honestly, this product isn't aimed at the hardcore gamers that make use of NMM, but rather those guys that have high power rigs that may just want to try a few things out.

And hey, if they break it, the solution is validate the install (or reinstall it) .

^D^

20. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 1, 2012, 20:08 ^Drag0n^

Slashman wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 19:12:
Stop being a packrat!!! Wiseguy

LOL...I know. I know...

^D^

This comment was edited on Feb 2, 2012, 13:11.

17. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 1, 2012, 19:08 ^Drag0n^

Draugr wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 19:02:
^Drag0n^ wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 18:53:
I'm assuming that the compiler and performance optimizastions means that the SESV Accelleratio Layer mod(s) are no longer needed(?) anyone that's home already verify this yet?

^D^

I just loaded it up to tell the difference, didn't really run around much, with Skyboost that particular area had me at around 42fps. its at 50 now with the new patch and Skyboost removed.

Ah, cool. One less mod I need to lean on. Right now, I'm just using SkyUI and "Better Item Descriptions."

Would be great if they had a "give all"/"store all" option in SkyUI when you store things. Such a pain in the ass to empty your pockets...

^D^

Thanks.

16. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 1, 2012, 19:04 ^Drag0n^

They should have had some mobs named Murtagh and Riggs in the Diplomatic Immunity quest.

Bring on the creation kit!!!

Hahaha! nice one Cutter. I see what you did there.

^D^

This comment was edited on Feb 1, 2012, 19:09.

13. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 1, 2012, 18:53 ^Drag0n^

I'm assuming that the compiler and performance optimizastions means that the SESV Accelleratio Layer mod(s) are no longer needed(?) anyone that's home already verify this yet?

^D^

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 27, 2012, 01:05 ^Drag0n^

I love how all these bleeding heart liberals blame apple for everything that is wrong in Asia. This is a political issue, plain and simple. Don't think so? Watch how fast your ass is on a plane if you, as an American, try to incite the workers to protest.

I'm not saying it's right, but acting like we have a God-given sense of moral superiority is just plain ignorant. The problem is far more complex than that.

Everybody wants to see conditions get better. The only way to clear your conscience is to pull out of Asia and India.

But those same people also want their $999 60" Aquos LED flatscreen.

Which one do you think will win out?

^D^

News Comments > Steam Mobile Beta
36. Re: Steam Mobile Beta Jan 27, 2012, 00:48 ^Drag0n^

The pickle wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 20:03:
So it's basically a chat app and a browser to check the Steam store...

sounds useless.

Useless? Hardly.

I don't know how many times I went through the Royal PITA known as the Steam store via iOS Safari when I remembered a game I wanted, or during a Steam sale when I was not near my computer (ie holiday travel.)

This is welcome for that alone. Being able to hit the forums and chat with friends on Steam when AFPC is just sauce for the goose.

^D^

News Comments > Steam Mobile Beta
35. Re: Steam Mobile Beta Jan 27, 2012, 00:42 ^Drag0n^

I just want to know when the heck Skyrim was on sale for $14.99...

^D^

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Paradox on DRM
41. Re: Quoteworthy - Paradox on DRM Jan 25, 2012, 20:52 ^Drag0n^

Just going on record that Fred has the right idea all the way around on DRM. It's too bad that the big houses still refuse to understand not what they lose to piracy, but what the true cost are of protecting IP at a draconian level is. So many people I know have not touched any EA and UBI pc titles this year on the PC that used to simply due to the problems, real or perceived, that those respective company's DRM packages throw at the end user.

I don't believe in not paying for a game, but I sure as hell don't believe in draconian DRM either.

^D^

(Edited to correct grammar)
This comment was edited on Jan 26, 2012, 11:50.

News Comments > Origin Expanding
35. Re: Origin Expanding Jan 25, 2012, 00:55 ^Drag0n^

"Ooooooooooooo.... "  

News Comments > Skyrim Beta Patch
2. Re: Skyrim Beta Patch Jan 23, 2012, 19:50 ^Drag0n^

Very nice. Bethesda's support seems to improve with time rather than degrade; a welcome oddity in the PC gaming world.

^D^

1243 Comments. 63 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo