Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 934 (Graduate)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > The Pets of Torchlight II
4. Re: The Pets of Torchlight II Mar 31, 2012, 14:11 Trevellian

Ferret all the way  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
3. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Mar 30, 2012, 13:15 Trevellian

Killing me, let me play Beta already FFFFUUUUUU!@)(#!@#!!!  

For the Republic

News Comments > Battlefield 3 PC Patched
27. Re: Battlefield 3 PC Patched Mar 30, 2012, 13:11 Trevellian

venomhed wrote on Mar 30, 2012, 10:55:
"Most of the time you don't have opportunity for your squad to help you out because you get suppressed and are dead seconds later"

Your squad helps you out? I take it you mean friends on Skype because as far as I know there is no in game chat or team work in BF3. Perhaps you were thinking of BF2? A game that had far better team/squad mechanics than BF3?

It's obvious you have no friends.
8 people on Mumble owns a server if you can all get on the same team. The squad mechanics are just fine.

For the Republic

11. Re: Battlefield 3 PC Patched Mar 29, 2012, 22:42 Trevellian

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 22:18:
Drezden wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 22:09:
This is actually something I WANTED. I wanted more realism in the fact I thought it was absolutely 100% fucking ridiculous I could fire a M249 at someone and get head shot through the Supression even though I've already hit the person with 5 rounds. And then get to watch as they go prone behind cover with 25% health left.

There is no realism in BF3. That being said, the M249 is possibly the worst of the MGs available, use the M60, M240, or PKP Pecheneg... they are far better than the M249.

I've used all the MG's, the 249 and M60 are still my favorites, I used to love the MG36 in BC2 but not so much in this one. It doesn't matter which you use, people still get head shots through the suppression with a MG full bore on them. At medium to long range, when I'm holding the trigger down on a 200 round clip you should not be able to stand up in the middle of all those bullets and fire a shot into my face.

Dades wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 22:22:
Drezden wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 22:09:
This is actually something I WANTED. I wanted more realism in the fact I thought it was absolutely 100% fucking ridiculous I could fire a M249 at someone and get head shot through the Supression even though I've already hit the person with 5 rounds. And then get to watch as they go prone behind cover with 25% health left.

Incoming fire making you literally blind isn't exactly realism. I agree with you but they went too far in the other direction, same thing with many of these balance changes.

Also just saw they are selling kit unlocks for $20+ on Origin, thats pure comedy.

Maybe they did go to far in the other direction, I don't know I didn't play with the patch yet was too busy to get around to it tonight. I would have settled for people having their aim thrown off slightly when suppressed. Or just accuracy lowered while being suppressed in general (Specifically from medium/long range. those are the ones that piss me off the most, I can understand getting shot through suppression at short range).

For the Republic

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Dropping MMO; THQ Cuts
12. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Dropping MMO; THQ Cuts Mar 29, 2012, 22:32 Trevellian

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 22:23:
ASeven wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 22:15:
So that guy that leaked about the WH40K MMO being canceled was absolutely right. It was canceled, the MMO is no more. It's a singleplayer game now.

This makes me wonder if all the stuff he said is also spot on, if so THQ must be on their last breath, as if these layoffs weren't a red flag big enough. Firing devs working on Darksiders II, who is still a long way to being released? That is the sign of something bad happening at THQ.

Darksiders II is due to come out in June so it's nearly done. But it was said a couple of months ago that THQ could run out of cash in June if they don't start turning profits or can't secure more credit. UFC's doing well and if Saint's Row 3 is continuing to sell, they might just survive but I don't know how they're going to fund next generation projects now. Brian Farrell's bungled things there for years and yet somehow he's still running the show. There aren't going to be many AAA publishers left soon.

As long as they keep making good Saints Row, Darksiders and 40k Games I'll keep buying.
But I still say what would really make them cash is Homeworld 3. GET ON IT RELIC, FUCK.

For the Republic

5. Re: Battlefield 3 PC Patched Mar 29, 2012, 22:09 Trevellian

Dades wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 21:00:
eunichron wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 20:43:
Overall seems like a great patch.
Suppression is all out of whack too, you pretty much win every firefight if you shoot first since they can't return fire at all due to the effect being so over the top.

For the Republic

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Dropping MMO; THQ Cuts
3. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Dropping MMO; THQ Cuts Mar 29, 2012, 20:58 Trevellian

I think if they took what they had built of an MMO, and turned it into a more Borderlands/Diablo style 4 player Dungeon Runner game I'd still be interested in it... if it didn't suck of course.

I mean honestly the best thing they could have done with a 40K MMO would have been do a Planetside style game, but they missed that opportunity.

I also just hope THQ doesn't go under before Volition gets a Saints Row 4 out. Or that they at least sell Volition to someone else so it still gets released.

For the Republic

News Comments > Epic Games Planning an MMOG?
10. Re: Epic Games Planning an MMOG? Mar 29, 2012, 14:30 Trevellian

Lorcin wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 10:21:
They should recruit minecraft players. That way the millions of chest high walls would be finished quicker.

This made me squirt soda out of my nose.
That is what I get for scrolling down mid sip.

For the Republic

News Comments > New SimCity Only Playable Online
37. Re: New SimCity Only Playable Online Mar 28, 2012, 13:06 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 12:55:
The way things are headed is subject to change all the time and it doesn't mean we throw away everything for the sake of doing so. It also doesn't mean consumers should accept dubious reasoning for every little thing the industry wants to do to supplement its bottom line. There is a very easy middle of the road solution that was skipped for the sake of platform control.

I unfortunately can't entirely argue with their methods when so many people do pirate games. Granted there are many factors like shoddy ports that have contributed to this. But game companies have also been making less money thanks to companies like Gamestop. It's definitely a vicious circle, which I honestly blame on the used game industry.

They lose money, that they can't put towards producing better games and having to take the safe route by only doing sequels on known IP's and not being able to take chances anymore. These games continue to lose quality because of it. Game prices get higher in the form of more and more DLC just to try and keep people from reselling games.

The only option they're really left with is the constant internet connection to keep people from pirating it at this point and even that doesn't always work and gets cracked.

Pretty much I blame Gamestop for everything.

But I'm not going to let something like a persistant internet connection stop me from playing SimCity when they're actually making that connection DO something. Instead of it just being a fuck you.

It would be a whole other thing if they made you be connected just to play and that was it. But they piggybacked a lot of features onto being connected to make it less of a kick in the balls. And people want to give them grief for that. At least that is how I look at it.

For the Republic

35. Re: New SimCity Only Playable Online Mar 28, 2012, 12:53 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 12:46:
Drezden wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 12:37:
This one is.

Wait, let me guess, if they changed the name to World of Simcity, you guys would be fine with it.

I doubt you even fully thought that through. If World of Simcity were an entirely separate product then yes it would be ok, people tolerate offshoots all the time.

People are allowed to complain when they introduce arbitrary features for business purposes that affect other aspects of the product. Just because you're resigned to merging SP/MP doesn't mean everyone else has to be. I don't really see an offset in price, convenience or other factors to offset this a bit for the consumer either.

And since I'm sure the inevitable response will be "dont buy it then", of course not.

Actually that is not my inevitable response.
I was just paralleling it to Diablo 3. Which everyone has a problem with. Unless they call it World of Diablo.

I think it's the most ridiculous concept I have ever heard.
"Change the name and it's okay"

How about instead, you all move forward with the times, and realize most games are going to be online in the future. It's where things are headed.

I'm sorry for people who live in the middle of nowhere but it's also not my problem.

For the Republic

31. Re: New SimCity Only Playable Online Mar 28, 2012, 12:37 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 12:34:
Drezden wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 12:32:
Oh no I have to have an internet connection to play games with internet features!

SimCity games are all about internet features after all Rolleyes

This one is.

Wait, let me guess, if they changed the name to World of Simcity, you guys would be fine with it.

For the Republic

29. Re: New SimCity Only Playable Online Mar 28, 2012, 12:32 Trevellian

Oh no I have to have an internet connection to play games with internet features!  

For the Republic

News Comments > Phantasy Star Online 2 This Summer?
3. Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 This Summer? Mar 26, 2012, 19:40 Trevellian

I'm trying to grasp your comment.

How is it designed for console controls when the only platforms mentioned are:
Launching on PC first
Followed by Android/iOS released 6 months later
Followed by Vita released another 6 months later

And PC 2012, Vita 2013 are literally the only platforms announced. At least according to the games wiki.

For the Republic

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Mar 26, 2012, 19:38 Trevellian

Sepharo wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 19:28:
nin wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 10:42:
Javascript game of tron in 221 bytes.

Not really...

Why not?

because it's 219 bytes.

For the Republic

News Comments > GTA5 Details Leaked?
45. Re: GTA5 Details Leaked? Mar 26, 2012, 16:54 Trevellian

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 14:07:
bhcompy wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 10:35:
GTA isn't the kind of game I want to play on a computer screen with a mouse and keyboard. I'm happier playing games like GTA, God of War, MLB The Show, etc on a console sitting on my couch with a controller. PC does shooter and RTS the best, and there is no argument. Other genres? Plenty of arguments as to the ups and downs.
But a true PC gamer - which is what you claimed to be - would simply hook up their system to an HDTV and use a wireless X360 controller to play games at 1080p, maxed out. I have a 42" 1080p LED TV hooked up for when I want to chill out and a 30" 1600p monitor for serious gaming. Your argument is utter bullshit. If you don't give a shit about graphical fidelity or you can't afford it then that's fine, but don't claim to be a "PC gamer through and through" and then tell us that sub-720p with low resolution textures and no AA/AF is acceptable simply because your seat is slightly more comfortable.

Creston wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 11:04:
Hahahahaha. You realize this is ROCKSTAR, right? IF there is a PC version, it'll be a giant piece of shit.
Yeah, I know. But I can't be bothered this time around. Graphically the trailer looks incredibly dated - not surprising considering that consoles haven't become magically more powerful in the years since GTAIV - and the story looked pretty generic.

Creston wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 13:18:
That's such a dumb argument, I can't even believe you're making it. A decent SSD PC will boot to the desktop in 20-25 seconds.
And check out Windows 8 - it boots in about 7-10 seconds.

Saints Row: The Third was DX11, as are many of the better multi-platform PC releases - DiRT3, F1 2011, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, BF3, Crysis 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, etc. If Rockstar can't be bothered adding basic PC technologies then I can't be bothered giving them my money.

Saints Row 3 was everything I had hoped GTA4 would be. It makes me sad that THQ is having supposed bankruptcy issues. Worries me what may happen to Volition and the supposed Saints Row 4 they had already started working on. I love GTA. But 4 was so BLAH compared to any of it's predecessors. It had a decent story but the gameplay just wasn't there to me. SR3's gameplay was immaculate, and as I said, everything I had hoped for in GTA4. Customizable weapons, as well as good melee. And most importantly it was more fun than GTA4, the story was ridiculous and over the top like past GTA's rather than the gritty realism of 4. So I can't really say I'm excited for GTA5 unless it does something spectacular. If not I'll wait for another Saints Row.

For the Republic

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch Plans
3. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Mar 24, 2012, 15:00 Trevellian

1. The game most certainly does not suck. Stop hating.

and

2. Who the fuck cares if the game has working VOIP. I don't know one damn person who would use the in game VOIP even if it worked. Why would I want to listen to some random dipshit. The same people who use in game VOIP are the same friendless "UMADBRO"ers you run into in every game. There is a reason I always play with the same people on my own voice server. Beside that theres usually more than 4 of us in any given game.

For the Republic

News Comments > Vanguard Going Free-to-Play
9. Re: Vanguard Going Free-to-Play Mar 22, 2012, 14:18 Trevellian

SimplyMonk wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 12:23:
SOE - Where MMOs refuse to die.

I'm surprised they haven't acquired Horizons (http://www.istaria.com) yet.

Oh my god that game was sooooo bad. My Planetside outfit was looking for something else to do once PS started dieing down thanks to Core Combat being asstastic. And we beta tested that load of dung. Holy shit. I thought it never made it out the door, I didn't know they changed the name and released that failure of coding.

For the Republic

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Mar 22, 2012, 00:28 Trevellian

I have Assassins Creed 1 and 2 on my Steam account, and I got 2 50% off coupons for Revelations, so that may have something to do with it.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Dark Souls PC Announcement Coming?
16. Re: Dark Souls PC Announcement Coming? Mar 21, 2012, 11:28 Trevellian

I still have fond memories of Demon Souls. Like my very very first encounter with a Blue Eye Knight who absolutely destroyed me like 3 or 4 times in a row and the whole time all I could think was "This is a normal monster? Fuck my life"  

For the Republic

News Comments > Dark Souls PC Announcement Coming?
13. Re: Dark Souls PC Announcement Coming? Mar 21, 2012, 11:07 Trevellian

Yakubs wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 10:42:
Drezden wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 10:37:
It's not what it's about. It's the sheer difficulty. It's a no mercy style game. The game will literally try to jail rape you. It's fun.

The game REALLY isn't that hard. The campfires and the removal of spirit form made the game considerably easier than Demon's Souls and even Demon's Souls wasn't that hard once you know what you're doing. After beating Demon's Souls one time I started a new character and beat it over the course of about 7 hours, dying only a couple times.

Shows the state of the industry when dying a few times counts as "jail rape."

You're right, the state of the industry is so horrible that I ordered a copy of Demon Souls from China (Thank you PS3 for not being region specific) months before they ever announced it was coming to the US. I obviously had no interest in playing a difficult game, that is why I dropped 80 bucks to have it imported. I did the same with Bayonetta which was also a difficult game if played on the highest setting. (Granted, not nearly as difficult as Demon Souls)

My explanation of the game was intended to be humorous. I don't see how that wasn't clear. Probably should have figured that out by the reference to breaking shit like a childhood NES player part of my comment that you neglected to quote.

For the Republic

934 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo