Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 957 (Graduate)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > TERA Free Trial
8. Re: TERA Free Trial Jun 13, 2012, 22:26 Trevellian

DarkCntry wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 21:58:
Calistoga wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 21:45:
Without overstating it, Tera is the best mmorpg I have played in 10 years of playing games including Wow(for 6 years), EQ2, AOC, WH, Rift, Aion, GW2 beta. The combat, especially the melee combat is fantastic, the graphics are incredible, animations are best genre has ever seen (both monsters and players), dungeons are very good. Poster who dismisses it as an endless grind is cynical and dead wrong. Even my wife loves the game, and she was skeptical after being burned by AOC, WH, Rift, etc. We have 2 lvl 40's and love it.

Just make sure you have beefy computer to enjoy it to its fullest. We bought 2 new computers just to play this game after we started playing it and loved it. There is your endorsement.

Trust me, the game is freaking awesome. Period.

The game *is* an endless grind though. Unless I missed something, somewhere, once you get to like level 10 you start slowing down and having to slog through the riff-raff of "Kill X" and "Fetch X" quests.

It is a nice looking and entertaining MMO to play in short bursts, but to tell someone that they are dead wrong and cynical for stating a bold-faced truth screams otherwise.

Agreed. I found the game refreshing at first due to just the combat but once I hit 10, got past the first city and out to the first quest hub it was once again like every other MMO, mindless kill 10 of this gather 10 of those quests where I just kept clicking "next" on the useless paragraphs of text they used to make it sound like you were doing something new and different.

I'm done with MMO's till someone combines Tera's Combat with SWTOR's Storytelling without resorting to mindless dumbass quests.
Hell I'd prefer returning to EQ's mindless Mob grinding in groups sitting against a wall at Karnor's Castle just for the mindless banter and making friends due to being there every single night for weeks at this point.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Sims 3 Supernatural Expansion Announced
2. Re: The Sims 3 Supernatural Expansion Announced Jun 13, 2012, 21:10 Trevellian

Dev wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 21:07:
How about aliens? I'm not a sims 3 owner, so I dunno, did they ever get aliens in it? I know aliens would sometimes appear in previous sims games for instance by using the telescope. Just curious.

And I'd even buy the entire sims 3 package if they priced it reasonably on steam and included all expansion packs. The last steam sale with sims 3 collection they wanted $120 and it did NOT include all expansion packs. $120 isn't reasonable to me. Yes, EA is ridiculous with the number of expansions, but thats part of why I want to try it, lol.

Don't lie, you just want Katy Perry's Sweet Treats.

For the Republic

News Comments > Diablo III Real-Money Auction House Launches in Americas
19. Re: Diablo III Real-Money Auction House Launches in Americas Jun 12, 2012, 19:03 Trevellian

Yey, now I can use this game for the only reason I paid for it.

Ripping off people who are lazy and have too much money to part with.

For the Republic

News Comments > Two Guys SpaceVenture Funded
9. Re: Two Guys SpaceVenture Funded Jun 12, 2012, 14:50 Trevellian

Sounds interesting.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2012, 16:23 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 15:14:
Oh hey thanks for the DD recommendation btw, been enjoying it. I wish the RPG stuff and town depth went a bit further but its a definitely a step in the right direction for Capcom. I really like the Pawn system despite thinking it sounded really gimmicky on the surface.

Yeah the game definitely is lacking in town depth but, I rarely spend a lot of time in towns even in Skyrim. I have so much fun in DD just wandering around at night when I'm not supposed to to see if I can get myself killed sometimes. The Pawn system did sound dumb at first but it works so well.

For the Republic

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2012, 14:30 Trevellian

I didn't even know they were making/planning a sequel.

I still remember the first time it did the screen freeze and pretending to wipe my save data bit. I was super upset. Till I realized the game was just fucking with me.

For the Republic

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes and More
32. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes and More Jun 10, 2012, 10:55 Trevellian

FloorPie wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 23:55:
Dev wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 23:33:
PropheT wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 23:06:
They need to make the drops actually be drops and not have entire categories of gear be based on the auction house. For lack of a better way to put it, fuck the economy. The auction house should augment the game, not replace the loot tables like it did.
Blizzard CLAIMS that the game was built to play entirely without needing to use the AH if so desired.

Hah, yeah if you wish to slowly grind through normal getting a headache and it taking twice as long. Nightmare+ will be even worse. Even well geared my DH had trouble with Izual and Diablo solo, several deaths seemingly due to server lag.

Prophet, I've felt the same way since I first cleared normal on my wizard in multiplayer and definately since solo'ing on the demon hunter. I'm actually thinking of going back to SWTOR.

You may actually want to go back to SWTOR if you think Normal was tedious. Seriously. Nightmare was challenging, Hell was punishing, and Inferno is unforgiving. You won't like the game past where you are if that is the attitude you have about normal lol. On both my Monk and Wizard I used 1 health pot in all of Normal mode.

For the Republic

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 9, 2012, 11:49 Trevellian

Beamer wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 10:59:
Drezden wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 09:29:
The last 3 games I played on the 360 were Reach, before that Red Dead Revolver, and before that lol Halo 3 or Gears 2. Keep in mind, each of those are about a year apart each. So that's about 3 or 4 years of 1 game a year that was worth owning.

The system has been worthless for more than a couple years. I finally recently sold it because it's such a pathetic system.

It's only useful if you want to play Gears or Halo and that is about all they have left in terms of IP's. Meanwhile I've been steadily getting tons of amazing exclusives on my PS3 year after year. I also usually get any 3rd party games on the PS3, like Arkham City, or Dragon's Dogma because generally, they look better on the PS3 than Microsofts dated as shit hardware.

Actually they usually look better on the 360 because they led on the 360 and were ported to the PS3, and because the memory management on the 360 works better for most games, particularly one on UE3.
You're seriously saying that this looks better on the PS3?

Yes, I do think the game looks better on PS3. I could care less about Lens of Truth, they have proven to be bias towards 360 for years now. They downplay the PS3's strengths whenever it beats out a 360 version of a game. Saints Row 3 was a huge example of this and they got caught on it. I have the same expectations of LoT as I do of IGN, paid for reviews by Microsoft and terrible reviews by Greg Miller who underscores every action game he reviews because he sucks at them. IGN has also been 360 bias for years. I no longer use either site.

And before you call me a Sony fanboy understand I held a Xbox Live Gold Membership from Halo 2-Reach. And am/was a huge Halo fanboy for the universe. I was a first shipment preorder holder for a 360.

It just so happens my feelings on the matter have changed over the course of Microsoft doing diddly squat with their system other than repeatedly release 2 IP's.

There are a few games that do look better on the 360 because the developers get lazy. L.A. Noir is a huge example of the PS3's superior power when someone actually ISN'T lazy.

This comment was edited on Jun 9, 2012, 12:04.

For the Republic

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Videos
23. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Videos Jun 9, 2012, 10:25 Trevellian

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 05:13:
Why does it even matter what the Unreal 4 engine can do when Epic Games will have a CGI movie made with game assets in the game instead of real time?
Why does it matter when Epic no longer supports the PC, and the console's themselves currently can't even support the engine properly?

This. Wake me up when Epic makes the PC an exclusive game that is worthy of being on the PC. I remember being completely blown away the first time I played Unreal. Even the first time I played Unreal Tournament, hell, I was still impressed with UT2K4. The problem is. 2004 was the last time they were relevant to PC gamers as far as I'm concerned.

For the Republic

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Videos
22. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Videos Jun 9, 2012, 10:24 Trevellian

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 05:13:
Why does it even matter what the Unreal 4 engine can do when Epic Games will have a CGI movie made with game assets in the game instead of real time?
Why does it matter when Epic no longer supports the PC, and the console's themselves currently can't even support the engine properly?

Accidental Daily Double.

For the Republic

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 9, 2012, 09:29 Trevellian

The last 3 games I played on the 360 were Reach, before that Red Dead Revolver, and before that lol Halo 3 or Gears 2. Keep in mind, each of those are about a year apart each. So that's about 3 or 4 years of 1 game a year that was worth owning.

The system has been worthless for more than a couple years. I finally recently sold it because it's such a pathetic system.

It's only useful if you want to play Gears or Halo and that is about all they have left in terms of IP's. Meanwhile I've been steadily getting tons of amazing exclusives on my PS3 year after year. I also usually get any 3rd party games on the PS3, like Arkham City, or Dragon's Dogma because generally, they look better on the PS3 than Microsofts dated as shit hardware.

For the Republic

News Comments > Bethesda Still Wants RAGE to be All the Rage
26. Re: Bethesda Still Wants RAGE to be All the Rage Jun 8, 2012, 15:53 Trevellian

Unless Carmack plans on bringing back McGee, Tom Hall and Romero and doing a proper Doom 2 sequel that plays like a Doom game. I could give a shit about 4.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's $78K DLC
1. Re: Peter Molyneux's $78K DLC Jun 7, 2012, 10:06 Trevellian

Fucking dumbest thing I've ever heard. He really has lost his mind.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the black Jun 6, 2012, 21:49 Trevellian

RIP

And Obligatory http://youtu.be/e1IxOS4VzKM?hd=1 NSFW

For the Republic

News Comments > On The Future of WoW PvP
1. Re: On The Future of WoW PvP Jun 5, 2012, 23:30 Trevellian

The future of WoW PVP is
Nerf class A
Buff Class B
Listen to Class A Whine about Class B
Nerf Class B too much
Listen to Class B Whine about Class A
Rinse, Repeat. For 6 more years.

For the Republic

News Comments > WatchDogs Announced
8. Re: WatchDogs Announced Jun 5, 2012, 11:23 Trevellian

nin wrote on Jun 5, 2012, 11:18:
CommunistHamster wrote on Jun 5, 2012, 11:16:
Might be cool. Might be chock full of crappy scripted events, QTE's, cover based shooting and push x to win melee combat.

You summed it up well. Could easily go either way. Having said that, it's nice to see a new IP.

I dunno, honestly it looks like they used everything from Assassin's Creed and just gave it a more modern setting. So I doubt many QTE's and there is more than one demo video of this game that shows off it's not pre-scripted in the way this one plays out.

Assassin's Creed in a future setting is fine with me.

For the Republic

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August
24. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August Jun 4, 2012, 23:06 Trevellian

I think my favorite part about this announcement is Valve's bold claim that they are the "creators" of Counter-Strike, Left 4 Dead, and Team Fortress.

They didn't create any of these, they simply assimilated the teams working on them.

Team Fortress being the BOLDEST claim of all 3. As I distinctly remember being the member of a rather large Team Fortress clan in QUAKE called Legion of Lost.

You may be able to trick the new gamers Valve, but you won't trick the old ones. All you have is Half Life, and you won't even make a goddamn sequel to it. So kindly bugger off.

For the Republic

News Comments > Star Wars 1313 Details
27. Re: Star Wars 1313 Details Jun 1, 2012, 17:38 Trevellian

Iridium wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 12:45:
Blah blah blah Arkham Asylum clone with Boba Fett and less compelling villains.

In fact the ONLY way I would buy this game, is if it was Arkham City with Boba Fett. The problem is Rocksteady isn't making it, so it won't be that.

For the Republic

News Comments > Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition & Steamworks
15. Re: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition & Steamworks May 31, 2012, 13:27 Trevellian

Verno wrote on May 31, 2012, 13:16:
Thanks for reminding me Drezden, PHJF was talking about that game the other day and mentioned it was good. Think I will pick it up tonight and check it out.

No problem, definitely want more people to find out about the game. The story isn't the greatest thing ever, but I honestly don't care. I love the difficulty and the most awesome part about the game is Night time is PITCH BLACK (you have to keep lanterns I. You and oil for the lanterns. Going into water will put them out. Etc.). And far more dangerous than day. Keeps things interesting.

For the Republic

News Comments > Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition & Steamworks
13. Re: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition & Steamworks May 31, 2012, 13:11 Trevellian

I got Dragon's Dogma a few weeks ago for the PS3 (note it is also on 360). Personally I like it better than I did either Demons Souls or Dark Souls. It is just as difficult a game and just as rewarding. But uses a party system with 3 well controlled AI partners that you hire/design. And the combat system is light years ahead of the Souls games. There is a poll to bring DD to the PC as well.

This is just a note to my fellow Souls fans. Give Dragon's Dogma a shot if you enjoy the idea of the difficulty of a Souls game combined with a more western open world Fallout/Scrolls style.

For the Republic

957 Comments. 48 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo