Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 948 (Graduate)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Videos
22. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Videos Jun 9, 2012, 10:24 Trevellian

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 05:13:
Why does it even matter what the Unreal 4 engine can do when Epic Games will have a CGI movie made with game assets in the game instead of real time?
Why does it matter when Epic no longer supports the PC, and the console's themselves currently can't even support the engine properly?

Accidental Daily Double.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 9, 2012, 09:29 Trevellian

The last 3 games I played on the 360 were Reach, before that Red Dead Revolver, and before that lol Halo 3 or Gears 2. Keep in mind, each of those are about a year apart each. So that's about 3 or 4 years of 1 game a year that was worth owning.

The system has been worthless for more than a couple years. I finally recently sold it because it's such a pathetic system.

It's only useful if you want to play Gears or Halo and that is about all they have left in terms of IP's. Meanwhile I've been steadily getting tons of amazing exclusives on my PS3 year after year. I also usually get any 3rd party games on the PS3, like Arkham City, or Dragon's Dogma because generally, they look better on the PS3 than Microsofts dated as shit hardware.

For the Republic

News Comments > Bethesda Still Wants RAGE to be All the Rage
26. Re: Bethesda Still Wants RAGE to be All the Rage Jun 8, 2012, 15:53 Trevellian

Unless Carmack plans on bringing back McGee, Tom Hall and Romero and doing a proper Doom 2 sequel that plays like a Doom game. I could give a shit about 4.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's $78K DLC
1. Re: Peter Molyneux's $78K DLC Jun 7, 2012, 10:06 Trevellian

Fucking dumbest thing I've ever heard. He really has lost his mind.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the black Jun 6, 2012, 21:49 Trevellian

RIP

And Obligatory http://youtu.be/e1IxOS4VzKM?hd=1 NSFW

For the Republic

News Comments > On The Future of WoW PvP
1. Re: On The Future of WoW PvP Jun 5, 2012, 23:30 Trevellian

The future of WoW PVP is
Nerf class A
Buff Class B
Listen to Class A Whine about Class B
Nerf Class B too much
Listen to Class B Whine about Class A
Rinse, Repeat. For 6 more years.

For the Republic

News Comments > WatchDogs Announced
8. Re: WatchDogs Announced Jun 5, 2012, 11:23 Trevellian

nin wrote on Jun 5, 2012, 11:18:
CommunistHamster wrote on Jun 5, 2012, 11:16:
Might be cool. Might be chock full of crappy scripted events, QTE's, cover based shooting and push x to win melee combat.

You summed it up well. Could easily go either way. Having said that, it's nice to see a new IP.

I dunno, honestly it looks like they used everything from Assassin's Creed and just gave it a more modern setting. So I doubt many QTE's and there is more than one demo video of this game that shows off it's not pre-scripted in the way this one plays out.

Assassin's Creed in a future setting is fine with me.

For the Republic

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August
24. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in August Jun 4, 2012, 23:06 Trevellian

I think my favorite part about this announcement is Valve's bold claim that they are the "creators" of Counter-Strike, Left 4 Dead, and Team Fortress.

They didn't create any of these, they simply assimilated the teams working on them.

Team Fortress being the BOLDEST claim of all 3. As I distinctly remember being the member of a rather large Team Fortress clan in QUAKE called Legion of Lost.

You may be able to trick the new gamers Valve, but you won't trick the old ones. All you have is Half Life, and you won't even make a goddamn sequel to it. So kindly bugger off.

For the Republic

News Comments > Star Wars 1313 Details
27. Re: Star Wars 1313 Details Jun 1, 2012, 17:38 Trevellian

Iridium wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 12:45:
Blah blah blah Arkham Asylum clone with Boba Fett and less compelling villains.

In fact the ONLY way I would buy this game, is if it was Arkham City with Boba Fett. The problem is Rocksteady isn't making it, so it won't be that.

For the Republic

News Comments > Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition & Steamworks
15. Re: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition & Steamworks May 31, 2012, 13:27 Trevellian

Verno wrote on May 31, 2012, 13:16:
Thanks for reminding me Drezden, PHJF was talking about that game the other day and mentioned it was good. Think I will pick it up tonight and check it out.

No problem, definitely want more people to find out about the game. The story isn't the greatest thing ever, but I honestly don't care. I love the difficulty and the most awesome part about the game is Night time is PITCH BLACK (you have to keep lanterns I. You and oil for the lanterns. Going into water will put them out. Etc.). And far more dangerous than day. Keeps things interesting.

For the Republic

News Comments > Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition & Steamworks
13. Re: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition & Steamworks May 31, 2012, 13:11 Trevellian

I got Dragon's Dogma a few weeks ago for the PS3 (note it is also on 360). Personally I like it better than I did either Demons Souls or Dark Souls. It is just as difficult a game and just as rewarding. But uses a party system with 3 well controlled AI partners that you hire/design. And the combat system is light years ahead of the Souls games. There is a poll to bring DD to the PC as well.

This is just a note to my fellow Souls fans. Give Dragon's Dogma a shot if you enjoy the idea of the difficulty of a Souls game combined with a more western open world Fallout/Scrolls style.

For the Republic

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week?
6. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 30, 2012, 20:52 Trevellian

DangerDog wrote on May 30, 2012, 20:42:
This is what you used to get in your typical "expansion" for a game, I think Special Forces for BF2 retailed for $30 or so.

They're really digging deep to try to come up with crap they can bundle into their "Premium Service", people are flipping their shit over the server queue priority thing but the ability to reset your stats is more worrisome - cheaters don't give a shit about their stats and it's an easy way to hide that you're cheating by just resetting your stats.

You save $10 by advance pre-ordering their DLC packs, the other perks are pretty much useless.

Hope Planetside 2 doesn't turn out to be disappointing, it looks to be the only true "Battlefield Killer" on the horizon.

I really don't see Planetside 2 being disappointing. The original Planetside was so good and it was actually championed pretty hard by Smedley. The fact he believed in the IP enough to get SOE rolling on a sequel and the amount of care the guys who made the original Planetside are putting into it shows in everything that has been shown off so far. I expect great things from it. Can't wait to get my old Outfit rolling again.

For the Republic

News Comments > DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced
44. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 15:57 Trevellian

Quake 4 was more of a Doom sequel in the way it played than Doom 3 was.
And that is just fucking sad that Raven has more of a grasp on what an id game should be like than id does.

For the Republic

News Comments > On Diablo III Balance Changes
51. Re: On Diablo III Balance Changes May 28, 2012, 20:00 Trevellian

FloorPie wrote on May 28, 2012, 19:54:
Sepharo wrote on May 28, 2012, 13:09:
Part of the enjoyment of Diablo is finding those super-strong builds

I thought they were trying to get away from that... Now they're touting it?

Hah! Shades of the whole "bring the player not the class" rhetoric from WoW at the end of LK and into Cataclysm.

Say what you want, I've come up with several different builds for the Wizard that all work equally as well, one for mad AP Regen/AOE Spam, one for massive Single Target DPS and one with more survivability for when I run into those packs that require me to back up and reassess the situation. Huh... So yeah, bring the player not the class does ring true in some situations.

For the Republic

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded
25. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 28, 2012, 15:41 Trevellian

It was not just a "great singleplayer experience"
I played it online for quite a very long time with many others.
A Player run official AVA (Auto Vigilante Association) was created around the game to hold tournaments and have rulesets and weight classes for tournaments.

If you never played the game online, that is fine. But many of us did. It was a subculture much in the same way that Mechwarrior had online.

Auto Assault was terrible because it was an MMO. Not because it was an Auto Combat game. And it was done poorly.

This comment was edited on May 28, 2012, 15:54.

For the Republic

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded
13. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 27, 2012, 20:11 Trevellian

Zadig wrote on May 27, 2012, 15:40:
This always makes me think of Quarantine. Doing violent missions to improve your car while listening to music seems like a pretty safe bet for a game today, so I'm not sure why it hasn't been 'reincarnated' too.

Redline was a wannabe Interstate '76 and I never thought it was nearly as good.

Just give me a true I'76 sequel with weight classes and custom setups like the original. Hell, let Pirahna do it since it looks like they're doing Mechwarrior right. Would make sense seeing as the original ran on the Mechwarrior 2 engine anyway, the game isn't that far from MW, just cars in place of mechs.

For the Republic

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
1. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer May 25, 2012, 12:23 Trevellian

I am in Boner-Heaven over this game.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Spec Ops: The Line Specs; Demo Next Month
4. Re: Spec Ops: The Line Specs; Demo Next Month May 23, 2012, 22:36 Trevellian

To Creston and Spectral. Don't bother.

Played through the PS3 demo, underwhelming at best. The game LOOKS great, but that is all it has going for it.
Yet another Stop and Pop shooter in the vein of Gears of War just set with realistic weapons in the desert.

The weapons weren't even good. They didn't have a nice heavy feel to them or anything. When you hit a guy with a bullet it doesn't feel right, something about the death animations seems lackluster and as if they are just falling over, not as though they just took 6 bullets to the chest.

I dunno. Pretty crap if you ask me overall.

For the Republic

News Comments > Mech Warrior Online Beta This Week
9. Re: Mech Warrior Online Beta This Week May 23, 2012, 00:26 Trevellian

Also signed up. Must play for me.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Diablo III Hacking?
102. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 21, 2012, 17:57 Trevellian

I want to know where half of you get your information about "Server downtime" for D3.
Other than midnight release, and an hour or two later that day I have witnessed ZERO downtime for D3. A quick server reboot to fix something here and there? Yes. The other night they gave a 5 minute warning for a server shutdown. I disconnected, reconnected 2 minutes later and was playing.

I'd much rather have this for fixing problems than waiting 3 or 4 months for a Patch that may or may not fix shit and causes more problems (I'm looking at Battlefield 3 on this one, a game that requires you to own Origin but doesn't utilize the fact that they could patch fixes more often with it)

For the Republic

948 Comments. 48 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo