Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 934 (Graduate)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded
25. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 28, 2012, 15:41 Trevellian

It was not just a "great singleplayer experience"
I played it online for quite a very long time with many others.
A Player run official AVA (Auto Vigilante Association) was created around the game to hold tournaments and have rulesets and weight classes for tournaments.

If you never played the game online, that is fine. But many of us did. It was a subculture much in the same way that Mechwarrior had online.

Auto Assault was terrible because it was an MMO. Not because it was an Auto Combat game. And it was done poorly.

This comment was edited on May 28, 2012, 15:54.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded
13. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 27, 2012, 20:11 Trevellian

Zadig wrote on May 27, 2012, 15:40:
This always makes me think of Quarantine. Doing violent missions to improve your car while listening to music seems like a pretty safe bet for a game today, so I'm not sure why it hasn't been 'reincarnated' too.

Redline was a wannabe Interstate '76 and I never thought it was nearly as good.

Just give me a true I'76 sequel with weight classes and custom setups like the original. Hell, let Pirahna do it since it looks like they're doing Mechwarrior right. Would make sense seeing as the original ran on the Mechwarrior 2 engine anyway, the game isn't that far from MW, just cars in place of mechs.

For the Republic

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
1. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer May 25, 2012, 12:23 Trevellian

I am in Boner-Heaven over this game.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Spec Ops: The Line Specs; Demo Next Month
4. Re: Spec Ops: The Line Specs; Demo Next Month May 23, 2012, 22:36 Trevellian

To Creston and Spectral. Don't bother.

Played through the PS3 demo, underwhelming at best. The game LOOKS great, but that is all it has going for it.
Yet another Stop and Pop shooter in the vein of Gears of War just set with realistic weapons in the desert.

The weapons weren't even good. They didn't have a nice heavy feel to them or anything. When you hit a guy with a bullet it doesn't feel right, something about the death animations seems lackluster and as if they are just falling over, not as though they just took 6 bullets to the chest.

I dunno. Pretty crap if you ask me overall.

For the Republic

News Comments > Mech Warrior Online Beta This Week
9. Re: Mech Warrior Online Beta This Week May 23, 2012, 00:26 Trevellian

Also signed up. Must play for me.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Diablo III Hacking?
102. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 21, 2012, 17:57 Trevellian

I want to know where half of you get your information about "Server downtime" for D3.
Other than midnight release, and an hour or two later that day I have witnessed ZERO downtime for D3. A quick server reboot to fix something here and there? Yes. The other night they gave a 5 minute warning for a server shutdown. I disconnected, reconnected 2 minutes later and was playing.

I'd much rather have this for fixing problems than waiting 3 or 4 months for a Patch that may or may not fix shit and causes more problems (I'm looking at Battlefield 3 on this one, a game that requires you to own Origin but doesn't utilize the fact that they could patch fixes more often with it)

For the Republic

News Comments > Saints Row 4 Outed?
6. Re: Saints Row 4 Outed? May 16, 2012, 12:58 Trevellian

killer_roach wrote on May 16, 2012, 12:07:
Hopefully it happens... remember they're owned by THQ, which just had yet another quarter of losing more money than their entire market capitalization.

I have a hard time trusting any THQ plans for anything past next week at this point.

Even if THQ goes under I am fairly sure someone will pick up Volition and the Saints Row series as it's the only real competition GTA has. Someone will want it.

For the Republic

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 16, 2012, 12:05 Trevellian

I had not heard of or seen this app till today.
Downloaded it to my iPad just out of spite.

For the Republic

News Comments > Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details
7. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 14, 2012, 21:39 Trevellian

Rattlehead wrote on May 14, 2012, 21:30:
Why bother unlocking the game PST? Why leave fans waiting till 3 am to play on the East Coast?

Because they don't give a shit about the east coast. It was always the same thing with WoW as I recall. Half the guys I am going to play D3 with are on the West Coast and wanted to play with me tonight, fat chance. 3am and I have to be up at 7, not going to happen. At least if it unlocked Midnight EST I could have got an hour or two in and still got some sleep.

For the Republic

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interview
11. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interview May 12, 2012, 07:41 Trevellian

One of my childhood friends is an animator for X:EU. He grew up playing Xcom along with myself. So far he's impressed with the game (He's working on it, fair enough, but still). He's usually a very pessimistic and critical person. So I kind of have to trust his opinion when he says it's good. Since he hates 80% of most games that get released.  

For the Republic

News Comments > DARK Announced
18. Re: DARK Announced May 11, 2012, 21:21 Trevellian

NegaDeath wrote on May 11, 2012, 19:52:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 11, 2012, 15:28:
That's because there is no AA on the xbox.

Sure there is.

Aliterate Assholes? Oh yeah, plenty of those on the Xbox. It's why I never wore my headset.

For the Republic

News Comments > DARK Announced
9. Re: DARK Announced May 11, 2012, 13:06 Trevellian

Dear RealmForge.

Your game looks like recycled feces. You should work for Activision.

Yours Truly
Drezden

This comment was edited on May 11, 2012, 17:45.

For the Republic

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Co-op Support?
3. Re: Dead Space 3 Co-op Support? May 9, 2012, 23:07 Trevellian

I never got through the original game it was so boring.  

For the Republic

News Comments > The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons
24. Re: The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons May 7, 2012, 23:01 Trevellian

Smellfinger wrote on May 7, 2012, 22:27:
I'm still waiting for an MMO that drops me into a compelling world and allows me to explore it at my own pace. No quests. No breadcrumbs. No hand holding. No going from point A to point B until max level. If I want to grind XP, I'll stop and kill some MOBs before moving on. In other words, something along the lines of UO or vanilla EverQuest. I'm really sick of MMOs like TOR that are nothing but glorified single player games.

I'm in this boat. I want a Vanilla EQ style game. No hand holding, real consequences for stupidity, feeling like you're actually in danger and lost when you decide to go exploring. And Nighttime was actually fucking Nighttime, damnit.

Guess I'll have to continue to play single player shit like Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma on the PS3 if I want that kind of experience, too bad they're single player.

For the Republic

News Comments > The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons
13. Re: The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons May 7, 2012, 21:49 Trevellian

Cutter wrote on May 7, 2012, 21:30:
And after GW2 and Secret World launch Ye Olde Repube is going to lose a lot more subs...lot more.

Oh yeah, and TES Online is not too far off either.

Sadly after seeing the leaked Game Informer article on TES I'm not excited, looks like another WoW clone with TES stuff.

All they had to do was keep the way Skyrim plays and make it multiplayer, but no.

For the Republic

News Comments > Dead Island: Game Of The Year Edition Next Month?
12. Re: Dead Island: Game Of The Year Edition Next Month? May 5, 2012, 00:19 Trevellian

Who gave this Game of the Year?

The story was terrible, the animation and character models were terrible. Me and my friends barely made it through the entire story to the end without wanting to cut ourselves and regretting the money spent on this buggy piece of dung the entire time.

For the Republic

News Comments > Saints Row 3 Standalone Expansion Plans
34. Re: Saints Row 3 Standalone Expansion Plans May 4, 2012, 22:51 Trevellian

Is it poor performance for my Rig? Yeah, it is.

However the discussion was whether SR3 ran at 30FPS or 60

Which it does, so I'm not going to complain about getting 60fps in a game I really enjoy.

I dunno, I'm just not that guy.

It's great to see FPS in the 100's in some games, but as long as a game runs 60 I can't be mad at them.

For the Republic

31. Re: Saints Row 3 Standalone Expansion Plans May 4, 2012, 14:09 Trevellian

Just to be sure Jerykk I just booted up SR3 with Fraps running.
Ran around and drove around for about 5 minutes just watching the FPS counter.
Lowest it hit was 48 or 49. Highest was 76 standing perfectly still.
Floated mostly in the 55-65 range though.
Recording dropped it to a pretty steady 30 but that is because I have it set to record at that obviously. So it will still be playable.

This comment was edited on May 4, 2012, 14:21.

For the Republic

29. Re: Saints Row 3 Standalone Expansion Plans May 4, 2012, 13:54 Trevellian

Jerykk wrote on May 4, 2012, 04:26:
Drezden wrote on May 4, 2012, 04:03:
Jerykk wrote on May 4, 2012, 01:04:
Dades wrote on May 3, 2012, 23:16:
Great game, definitely picking up the expansion. They really did right by PC gamers with the port this time too.

Depends on whether you're using an Nvidia or ATI card. ATI cards run the game like ass. Volition said that they were aware of the issues and would fix them but that was a months ago. Haven't heard a peep since then.

I ran it on 2 crossfired 6870's never once had a bad framerate.

Again, what do you consider "bad?" People have different levels of tolerance for framerates. I consider 30 FPS to be bad for a console port. Some people think 30 FPS is fine. If you have two 6870s in Crossfire, you should be getting a minimum of 60 FPS. Is that what you actually got?

I hardly consider 30 bad, anything above 30 is fine with me. 60 definitely looks better no doubt but I wouldn't cry about a game running at like 40 or 50.

That being said according to Fraps it always ran around 60 as far as I recall. Granted, actually filming anything with fraps would slow it down. I don't get why some games handle being filmed better than others, I don't really get any slowdown at all in Battlefield 3 while recording.

For the Republic

20. Re: Saints Row 3 Standalone Expansion Plans May 4, 2012, 04:03 Trevellian

Jerykk wrote on May 4, 2012, 01:04:
Dades wrote on May 3, 2012, 23:16:
Great game, definitely picking up the expansion. They really did right by PC gamers with the port this time too.

Depends on whether you're using an Nvidia or ATI card. ATI cards run the game like ass. Volition said that they were aware of the issues and would fix them but that was a months ago. Haven't heard a peep since then.

I ran it on 2 crossfired 6870's never once had a bad framerate.

For the Republic

934 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo