Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 960 (Graduate)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > KAOS Studios Postmortem
26. Re: KAOS Studios Postmortem Jul 8, 2012, 05:54 Trevellian

I'm all for the crash myself. It will hopefully get rid of companies like Activision and EA who just whore out the same series over and over. I cannot take another COD game every year for the rest of my life. If there is any series that has fully ruined the current market I lay sole blame on it. It is so successful that every other company has a "Me Too" Mentality about it and the problem with it is no one wants their copy cat game because it's not COD. And the series doesn't get BETTER it gets worse and people still pay for it. This is a huge problem for the other Publishers/Developers out there, when a mediocre game that is released yearly is the best selling game out there it's a problem.

Besides the PC Gaming industry will live on with F2P and Indie games, and Sony and Microsoft would bounce back after a few years.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Walking Dead FPS Announced
11. Re: Walking Dead FPS Announced Jul 6, 2012, 23:13 Trevellian

Terminal Reality and Activision.

So it'll be a really shitty FPS running on a shitty 8 year old COD engine.

No thanks.

For the Republic

News Comments > Hotline Miami Announced
3. Re: Hotline Miami Announced Jul 3, 2012, 21:17 Trevellian

What the fuck

Edit: Actually after watching the video it looks kinda fun, like an oldschool top down shooter, or Loaded.

For the Republic

News Comments > The Secret World Launches
5. Re: The Secret World Launches Jul 3, 2012, 12:11 Trevellian

I beta tested this game and thought it was one of the most uninteresting, boring MMOs I had played in years. How anyone could think this game was important to the MMO genre is beyond me. It wasn't even impressive graphically, the character models alone looked amateur and had clunky unlifelike animations. I can usually find something redeeming in most MMOs after a few weeks, but with this one the most redeeming moment was uninstalling the beta and playing something else.

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 2012, 12:19.

For the Republic

News Comments > PC Prototype 2 Still Coming
11. Re: PC Prototype 2 Still Coming Jul 2, 2012, 14:38 Trevellian

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 13:39:
deqer wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 12:26:
nin wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 11:55:
deqer wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 11:25:
My god... Were you guys working on Prototype 2 the same time you were working on Prototype 1? Like, wasn't Prototype 1 JUST released? ... and you're already talking about Prototype 2? ...

This is why drugs are bad. Right here. Him.

Well, if it's so old then why are they suddenly showing commercials for it on TV? If it's so old, why would you lure people into it NOW if you're already working on Prototype 2.

Oh right, because they're a business and blah blah ... need to make money ... blah blah

Um those comercials are for Prototype 2 cupcake. The first game came out 3 years ago.

You may have noticed a trend in that most of deqer's posts read like a retarded stoners.

For the Republic

News Comments > Source Filmmaker Announced; Meet the Pyro Released
15. Re: Source Filmmaker Announced; Meet the Pyro Released Jun 27, 2012, 17:59 Trevellian

Still not Half Life 3. Don't care.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues
22. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 16:45 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 15:52:
Aero wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 14:44:
So, other than that, is it any good? For some reason, largely due to boredom and some cash to burn, I decided I was going to buy either this or Spec Ops (knowing full well neither was going to be particularly good) and the couple reviews I read pushed me towards Spec Ops and it is so far, as I expected, good enough for me to play and have some fun with, but very thoroughly mediocre in the grand scheme of things.

There's a good bet I'll end up buying this one eventually too though, because there really isn't much in the way of upcoming action games for the PC until winter. It's just a question of how soon.

I haven't really read any reviews on it or been following the game either. I'm curious what any owners of the game have to say about how it measures up. Is it basically Call of Duty Recon or is there squad gameplay and such?

It's... Ghost of Duty. It has the big budget backdrops and action sequences of a Call of Duty campaign. But it still has the open endedness of a Ghost game where there are a few routes even in a smaller areas like a camp to decide how you want to tackle things. Some parts of missions require not sounding alarms so your only way to really tackle those areas are complete silence and not dropping a dead body next to a guy long enough for him to alert anyone (i.e. you can mark 4 targets, each squadmate takes 1, but if there is an extra 5th guy you still have time to tag him out before he can call for help if you're quick)

It also has the customizability of Ghost Recon's guns. I can't say there are anywhere near as many guns as say, the original R6 or Ghost Recon games. But there are plenty... 30ish? maybe. 5 or 6 of each Shotgun/SMG/LMG/Assault Rifle/Sniper Rifle/PDW/Pistol.... so maybe closer to 35? I guess that actually is a decent number.

The AI isn't your classic standard point and click RTS style squadmate placement. They are actually fairly intelligent and if you're marking targets that have to be taken down silently they will move into position in a way that keeps them hidden etc. They aren't retarded and don't run out into the open. In all fairness I've died far... far more times, than the AI squadmates have by doing stupid things myself. Fortunately they can rez you once or twice before you're completely dead.

All in all me and my buddies have been enjoying it COOP very much. It's a fun game.

Just a little Edit to add. It has a mode called Guerilla mode as well. Which is an objective based "Wave" mode with 50 waves. Where every 10 waves you have to secure a new HQ and defend it for the next 10 waves. You get "Wave Bonuses" every 5 waves, like maybe an airstrike or a helicopter to call in (Really not sure what they all are as we haven't put much time into it yet, trying to finish the campaign first) as well as supply drops between some waves to replenish claymores/grenades/possibly switch weapons. Seems fun so far.

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 2012, 17:07.

For the Republic

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues
8. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier PC Issues Jun 27, 2012, 11:43 Trevellian

*shrug* I've always been a huge Ghost Recon fanboy. Had this preordered, along with 3 buddies for the Campaign COOP.

That being said. We haven't run into any of the problems other people are having. With the exception of No Crossfire/SLI Support (It causes flickering) which is easily turned off.

We haven't had a single issue with WASD and Mouse. So we can't complain. Game runs great, and it has been a lot of fun coop. My keyboard works perfectly fine. Not saying others aren't having problems but it's not as wide spread as the Ubi-Haters would have you believe.

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 2012, 11:51.

For the Republic

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 E3 Presentation
18. Re: PlanetSide 2 E3 Presentation Jun 26, 2012, 15:58 Trevellian

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 15:44:
Verno wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 14:42:
Yeah I played tons of BC2 and it was a lot easier to get ammo in that game (even if Grenade Joe was just dropping it for himself). The trouble with BF3 vs previous game iterations is that the weapon lethality is so high and suppression so powerful that there is no rear firing line or anything near that strategic, if you want ammo you'll save more time by simply dying and respawning. I can see it working in theory but in practice its just a mess. I'm referring to pubbie play btw, not with RL friends or clans.

Ohh, well if you're simply talking about oblivious morons that won't drop ammo for you, I agree that that sucks. :p

I was commenting more on the gameplay design/balancing aspect, which could actually still use some work. The problem occurs more now, I think, because they made that boneheaded move to improve the global potency of suppression; what they should have done was make it less effective for all non-Support classes, so that more people would have a reason to play ammo guy. The LMGs are easily outclassed by rifles, so after the mortar nerf, all he's really good for is the risky-but-effective tactic of C4ing vehicles.

All he's good for? Really? I just run around with an MP7 or a 870CS and destroy people and drop ammo for my squadmates. I guess I'm doing it wrong. I didn't know supports only use was the Mortar in Battlefield 3 *rolls eyes*

For the Republic

14. Re: PlanetSide 2 E3 Presentation Jun 26, 2012, 15:25 Trevellian

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 15:12:
Pretty lofty thing to say given there was 0 actual gameplay in this video

Not a very lofty thing at all to say when you played Planetside for years. Continue to play Planetside... And have watched well over 6 hours of this "ACTUAL GAMEPLAY" you speak of during E3 Live Streams.

I know more than I need to know about this game to know I will play it constantly for a very long time.

There have been several videos posted to Blues with actual gameplay. If you missed them, that is on you.

It's also not very hard to go to Youtube and type in "Planetside 2 E3 Stream"

For the Republic

11. Re: PlanetSide 2 E3 Presentation Jun 26, 2012, 15:03 Trevellian

Best Game Ever.

For the Republic

News Comments > Valve and Adult Swim Teaming Up
13. Re: Valve and Adult Swim Teaming Up Jun 23, 2012, 12:14 Trevellian

I stopped watching adult swim not long after Captain Murphy died. Just havent found anything else on there as entertaining as Sealab was.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition
20. Re: Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition Jun 21, 2012, 21:31 Trevellian

I am full blown speechless at their audacity to treat paying customers as unprivileged thieves for 3 days? You paid 60 dollars for your fucking game, you should have full access to it. They're confining people to a part of the game you can get to in a mere 2-3 hour sitting for 3 days.

You have got to fucking be kidding me.

For the Republic

News Comments > THQ VP Resigns
14. Re: THQ VP Resigns Jun 21, 2012, 15:18 Trevellian

Wildone wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 11:25:
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BYE THQ (I actually thought u where dead already?!) I bet she got a nice resignation executive package, a few hundred thao!!!

What is your major malfunction? How is this in any way good news or even laughable. You dolt.
That means no Company of Heroes 2, no more Dawn of War, no more Darksiders, no more Saints Row. all of which are excellent series, not to mention the amount of people who will lose their jobs over it in an already bad economy.

You really are ignorant.

For the Republic

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer
4. Re: PlanetSide 2 Night Ops Trailer Jun 21, 2012, 12:08 Trevellian

Frijoles wrote on Jun 21, 2012, 11:59:
So is this the only map in beta? It seems whenever I watch a video, it's on this map. Also, the game isn't open world, right? You basically pick these areas to fight in and warp in to an instance?

I never played PS1.

The game is very open world. 3 continents at launch (with 2 more planned in the first year) with 2000 or so people able to fight on each continent. They kept people at e3 and in sneak peaks contained to one finished area so they could find each other to fight. As the continents are something like 600 square miles of open land and facilities.

And I could have sworn I sent this vid to Blue the week it came out but it never showed up on the main page.

For the Republic

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
27. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 21:19 Trevellian

Saw both of your posts and authorized you both Nate and Cutter. Nice to have some Blues Crew aboard.  

For the Republic

18. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 15:43 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 15:24:
I know a lot of people hated T2 but I loved those 64 player mashups with vehicles and discs flying around everywhere. That game was technically a disaster in so many ways but when it worked, man it was fucking great.

C22 sounds like a lot of fun, I love outfits where the goal is just having a good time trying different things other than zerging.

We did a lot of things like this. Our original Claim to Fame on Konried server where our Tower of Power nights. Where we would go take a Tower in the middle of a fight between NC/Vanu where we didn't belong and see how long we could interrupt their battle. (Sometimes it was a half hour or more)

We also experimented with going to a locked continent, draining a base neutral in the middle of the continent to bring a fight to us and start the new continent that way (Instead of following the designated lattice lines)

We did the standard outfit things, ran Reaver nights and Armor Column nights. But the Spec Ops stuff we had the most fun with.

We became well known for doing random things like this and I truely hope Planetside 2 left room for this kind of gameplay.

More than welcome to come hang out with us, though right now until the beta starts it's mostly just a few of us playing BF3 or the original Planetside at night.

For the Republic

13. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 15:05 Trevellian

Hippie wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 14:08:
Trevellian wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 13:43:
Speaking of the Terran Republic. My OG Planetside Outfit. One of the original Spec Ops PS1 outfits of Konried. Is pulling old members and friends from other games back together for Planetside 2.
http://c22.site.nfoservers.com/ So to all my buddies here at Bluesnews. C22 is recruiting for Planetside 2. (SHAMELESS PLUG)

For the Republic.
-TrevellianC22 (was Drezden on Bluesnews for awhile, recently changed my Blues name back to my Planetside name)

God, I remember C22 after the server merger. You guys were the bane of my existence on the NC, Emerald server. Looking forward to fighting you guys again

That being said, PS2 looks awesome. Very glad SOE decided to do this, PS1 was in need of a "reboot"

Thanks, it is good to see people still remember us. I recall reading a post recently from another NC player who refered to the last 2 minutes of a base hack as the "C22 Mark". As we'd suddenly appear in a Galaxy and wreck the CC Hold. Nothing like resecuring at the last moment to piss an entire faction off.

WyldKat wrote on Jun 20, 2012, 14:29:
Looking forward to this game but I have to say their marketing department needs some fucking work. The tagline,"Size always matters." is just embarrassing and alienating to Planetside players not of the XY persuasion. It also makes me think of the not fun zergfests late game PS1 turned into.
This is entirely based on what outfit you are in. Not all Outfits are part of the Zergfest. For instance, C22 as well as The Enclave where well known for being Black Ops/Wetworks outfits. Always on the back lines cutting lattice and flow of Tech to the front lines. Don't generalize the game because you were in an Outfit that followed the zerg or a Lone Wolf.

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 2012, 15:47.

For the Republic

4. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jun 20, 2012, 13:43 Trevellian

There are far, far better looks than this at Planetside 2 from E3. like their live streams with TotalBiscuit:
http://youtu.be/fLakXgelJGY?hd=1 Day 1
http://youtu.be/0xcmHYuUbn0 Day 3

Both of which he talks to Margaret (one of the Vanu Devs) and Higby (One of the main Devs and a NC Fanboy)

They discuss the Cash Shop many times and how it will ONLY be uses for Cosmetic things, helmets, goggles, skins, skins for guns, skins for vehicles, hood ornaments. And of course, the XP Boosters that EVERY F2P model has which doesn't bother me at all.

That being said this new video does give off a great look at classic Planetside style in door squad vs squad combat. Which I was greatly excited for. As well as the superior faction, the Terran Republic being victorious.

Speaking of the Terran Republic. My OG Planetside Outfit. One of the original Spec Ops PS1 outfits of Konried. Is pulling old members and friends from other games back together for Planetside 2.
http://c22.site.nfoservers.com/ So to all my buddies here at Bluesnews. C22 is recruiting for Planetside 2. (SHAMELESS PLUG)

(was Drezden on Bluesnews for awhile, recently changed my Blues name back to my Planetside name)

This comment was edited on Jun 20, 2012, 15:52.

For the Republic

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale
21. Re: MechWarrior Online Founders Packages on Sale Jun 19, 2012, 23:26 Trevellian

I cannot confirm or deny whether or not I may be in some sort of test for this game.

But it plays like Mechwarrior Lite. Feels floaty even though the mechs way tons. It's also really impossible to tell if you're damaging an enemy mech.

I was excited for this game. Not so much anymore.

I'm becoming as cynical and jaded with the gaming industry as Cutter, it hurts.

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2012, 23:33.

For the Republic

960 Comments. 48 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo