Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 978 (Graduate)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyjacker Kickstarter Ending
10. Re: Skyjacker Kickstarter Ending Jul 22, 2012, 19:40 Trevellian

As Tycho said. This game simply doesn't grasp my attention from what I can see they've already done.

I want the next Tie Fighter, Freespace or Freelancer (I'm aware this was not a true space sim, but I loved it reguardless) sequel. Nothing less will suffice for me.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Devils' Third Plans
1. Re: PC Devils' Third Plans Jul 20, 2012, 21:21 Trevellian

Huh, not gonna lie. I thought this game looked like it could be fun. I've always been a fan of Itagaki's shit. DOA Was by far my favorite fighting game, and I loved the hardcore Ninja Gaiden games for difficulty.

But I just didn't think the shooting parts would work well for me on a console. If they ported this RIGHT to the PC. I'd totally be down for some ninja sword shooting deathmatch action.

For the Republic

News Comments > BF4 Beta in Fall 2013: MoH Not Required
17. Re: BF4 Beta in Fall 2013: MoH Not Required Jul 18, 2012, 11:28 Trevellian

Sorry EA, I'll be too busy playing Planetside 2. So no "dice" on me buying another Battlefield game.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Deadpool Game
12. Re: Deadpool Game Jul 15, 2012, 09:07 Trevellian

Jerykk wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 06:22:
.net_Drifter wrote on Jul 15, 2012, 03:44:
They did start a Dirty Harry game once, then canceled it.

As for Deadpool, I never get all the love people have for him. Granted, I haven't touched a Marvel comic in 10+ years, but from what I remember of him when he was introduced, he seems like nothing more than a smart mouthed merc with a gun and sword, who seemed to have a knack for making improbable escapes from deadly situations, who was created as a throw away foe for Wolverine. I seem to remember he was a temp foe meant to replace Sabertooth (who was half dead or something from having adamantium ripped out of his bones) and Cyber, I think it was (who was eaten alive to get at his Adamantium skin, which was used to replace Wolverine's missing adamantium).
I also vaguely remember them mentioning he had a healing factor based on mutated cancer cells or something, but it's been a while, so I might be wrong.

Yeah, he's changed quite a bit since his introduction. He's an interesting character because he's fully aware that's he a comic book character and constantly breaks the fourth wall. He does this in front of other characters too, which makes their confused reactions all the more amusing. He's essentially an anti-hero who doesn't always have the best intentions but usually ends up doing the right thing, albeit through ridiculous and highly improbable means.

What Jerykk said. Added to that if I remember correctly he is in one of those "Unable to die" situations because he dated Death for awhile, pissed her off, and now she won't let him come back.

For the Republic

News Comments > Deadpool Game
3. Re: Deadpool Game Jul 14, 2012, 20:08 Trevellian

Deadpool is such a great character. I've always loved his sense of humor. High Moon did a great job with Transformers but I dunno. Superhero game is much different than a shooting robot game.  

For the Republic

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Beta Details
18. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Details Jul 13, 2012, 16:07 Trevellian

Veterator wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 15:52:
Gotta say on this free play in PS1, the battles don't feel epic anymore.

Not so many vehicles, and all the inside combat is shooting people in the back as they strafe in front of you in the lag.

It's kind of like watching cats being wrangled in most places. People all over the place and everyone sucking because any vehicles you do have are undermanned or people are going different directions.

I really hope PS2 makes the whole interface a little better...the chat system is grossly inadequate in PS1 for what needs to be done in any given fight.

PS1 is running poorly right now because all 5 servers are condensed into 1 server and the pop caps are raised to higher than they were meant to be on the continents. You can still find some epic battles if you're doing it right. Don't follow the zerg, thats not epic. Unless you're dropping bombs on their heads.

For the Republic

15. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Details Jul 13, 2012, 14:46 Trevellian

MadBoris wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 14:37:
" They also explain that unlike many "betas," they are actually using this testing session to improve the game, not just promote it:"

Love that, especially if true.

Imagine the game actually being good enough one day to promote itself. You don't have to try and hook a bunch of suckers or early adopters up front, well unless you actually really do 'have to'.

But can't I pay a $150 pre-order for beta access cause I want to play the game with my friends??? /not

This is specifically why most of the first beta testers will be original Planetside veterans. So we can gauge the battles and decide what is good and bad. They want to keep that epic fight feel. They need the opinions of the only people who have experienced that kind of massive scale gameplay.
Fairly sure some of the top end FPS clans/players have been invited as well and have already been testing in Alpha.

For the Republic

12. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Details Jul 13, 2012, 14:29 Trevellian

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 14:18:
Trevellian wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 14:11:
RollinThundr wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 14:10:
Trevellian wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 14:09:
RollinThundr wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 14:00:
Just got a key, I'd join you guys but Vanu is the enemy. Rifle

People who play Vanu are the worst. I only associate with one such person, and only because she has tits. Otherwise I would not talk to said Vanu.

What faction do you folks plan on playing Trev? Could have sworn you guys were Vanu, must have been reading wrong.

My tag on here should say it all. For the Republic my friend. Tyranny, Opression and Domination. This is the Terran Motto.

or for those of you who pick shit based on how cool stuff looks. The Black and Red guys.

hehe makes sense, I played NC during my brief time in PS1, though I did always like the TR med assault chainguns, those things were boss.

I just hope the new MCG is equally as dominant. They haven't shown any of the heavy assault weapons in game yet (during the alphas it was because they hadn't finished the underslung animations for them) I'm curious to see if they've finished them for Beta.

For the Republic

10. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Details Jul 13, 2012, 14:11 Trevellian

RollinThundr wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 14:10:
Trevellian wrote on Jul 13, 2012, 14:09:

People who play Vanu are the worst. I only associate with one such person, and only because she has tits. Otherwise I would not talk to said Vanu.

What faction do you folks plan on playing Trev? Could have sworn you guys were Vanu, must have been reading wrong.

My tag on here should say it all. For the Republic my friend. Tyranny, Opression and Domination. This is the Terran Motto.

or for those of you who pick shit based on how cool stuff looks. The Black and Red guys.

For the Republic

7. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Details Jul 13, 2012, 14:09 Trevellian

For the Republic

3. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Details Jul 13, 2012, 13:22 Trevellian

It should be a great time. I'm looking forward to this. 9 years of waiting for a sequel to my favorite game of all time is a long wait...  

For the Republic

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
26. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 14:26 Trevellian

I find it sad that Grimlock is such an amazing game and some of you didn't even think it was worth the already cheap 15 bucks. Shame.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Silver Age Batman Game Plans?
16. Re: Silver Age Batman Game Plans? Jul 11, 2012, 17:51 Trevellian

Cutter wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 13:49:
I love this. I'd like to see A) more quality superhero games B) silver age stuff. I was always big into silver age Flash and Sub-Mariner as a kid.

Rocksteady has done phenominal so far with Batman games. I'd love to see them tackle a Superman game, maybe they could actually do him some justice since no one else has seemed to *cough cough Superman 64*

What I loved about City too was the ability to play as Nightwing, Robin and Catwoman and they actually all felt somewhat different. They could very easily I think do a proper Justice League style game if they were given the right to do so.

I am curious though if Rocksteady will survive if they leave their element. Yes they make great Batman games, but they are super Batman fanboys... what happens if they're allowed to create their own IP? Will it be as good?

For the Republic

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears
18. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears Jul 11, 2012, 17:44 Trevellian

Cutter wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 15:49:
Grrrr, for any of you sonsofbitches that live in or near San Diego you can go to the SOE HQ tomorrow to play PS2 with the team and get free swag and pizza and stuff!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/events/457233094295915/

Join us on Friday and play PlanetSide 2 with SOE! We'll have stations set up where you can play the game, talk to our Dev team, get some Empire-themed dog tags & beta keys!

We'll be providing pizza and hosting drawings for the new PlanetSide t-shirts and shoes! Let us know if you are dropping by!

Planetside shoes? Wth?!

Come on Cutter, the kicks look awesome, I give them the mad phat superfly stupid dope dumbass retarded bomb shit props. I do however want a TR T-Shirt super bad.

For the Republic

8. Re: Silver Age Batman Game Plans? Jul 11, 2012, 12:15 Trevellian

Jivaro wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 12:10:
Trevellian wrote on Jul 11, 2012, 10:57:
He said that but it obviously was not the last time. He has too much fun with it. After Arkham City he once again did the voice for the new DC Online Expansion pack that came out last month or whatever.

This doesn't bother me one bit honestly. It's definitely a cool era to visit. And as long as Rocksteady is making, I'm buying.

Check his twitter, or if you prefer use Google, he is done. He is also no longer under contract. It was physically hurting his vocal cords to do the voice was one reason he gave, which seems like a fairly legit reason to quit a job even if you like it.

I also think that he got a bit expensive for the powers that be...but that is just me.

Oh no, damaging his vocal cords. Cause he has so much else going for his career. hahahaha.

For the Republic

2. Re: Silver Age Batman Game Plans? Jul 11, 2012, 10:57 Trevellian

He said that but it obviously was not the last time. He has too much fun with it. After Arkham City he once again did the voice for the new DC Online Expansion pack that came out last month or whatever.

This doesn't bother me one bit honestly. It's definitely a cool era to visit. And as long as Rocksteady is making, I'm buying.

For the Republic

News Comments > Vivendi Seeking Activision Buyers
1. Re: Vivendi Seeking Activision Buyers Jul 11, 2012, 10:54 Trevellian

Something tells me Microsoft would do it just to make COD an Xbox exclusive. It's the only thing they could do to compete with Sony at this point. I stopped buying 360 games years ago when I realized all Microsoft still had was Halo and Gears.  

For the Republic

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears
1. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Nears Jul 11, 2012, 10:45 Trevellian

Gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme.  

For the Republic

News Comments > KAOS Studios Postmortem
26. Re: KAOS Studios Postmortem Jul 8, 2012, 05:54 Trevellian

I'm all for the crash myself. It will hopefully get rid of companies like Activision and EA who just whore out the same series over and over. I cannot take another COD game every year for the rest of my life. If there is any series that has fully ruined the current market I lay sole blame on it. It is so successful that every other company has a "Me Too" Mentality about it and the problem with it is no one wants their copy cat game because it's not COD. And the series doesn't get BETTER it gets worse and people still pay for it. This is a huge problem for the other Publishers/Developers out there, when a mediocre game that is released yearly is the best selling game out there it's a problem.

Besides the PC Gaming industry will live on with F2P and Indie games, and Sony and Microsoft would bounce back after a few years.

For the Republic

News Comments > Walking Dead FPS Announced
11. Re: Walking Dead FPS Announced Jul 6, 2012, 23:13 Trevellian

Terminal Reality and Activision.

So it'll be a really shitty FPS running on a shitty 8 year old COD engine.

No thanks.

For the Republic

978 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo