Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 935 (Graduate)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Trine 2 Expansion Announced
5. Re: Trine 2 Expansion Announced Aug 16, 2012, 16:05 Trevellian

Sold.  

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Nuclear Eclipse Online Kickstart
4. Re: Nuclear Eclipse Online Kickstart Aug 16, 2012, 01:07 Trevellian

It took them 2 years to make that pile of crap? What a joke.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Half-Life 3 at gamescom Denied
23. Re: Half-Life 3 at gamescom Denied Aug 14, 2012, 13:36 Trevellian

Beamer wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 12:04:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 11:59:
It would be tragically hilarious if they announced that they haven't worked on HL3 at all, this entire time. It wouldn't really surprise me either... they make a sick amount of money from the Steam platform, and nonsense like TF2 items, why would they tackle the comparatively enormous project of attempting to make a GREAT fps? Especially since the employees basically work on whatever project catches their interest that day?

Answer: they probably didn't.

Why would they?
Because working on something big and important is more fun than working on something less so? Yes, you burn out if it's all you do, and you like less high profile projects to take bigger risks on, but ultimately spectacle is a ton of fun. No one wants to do something that's just ok, people want to do something that's awesome and blows everyone's brains.

Really? Tell that to Activision, they're completely content doing nothing awesome year after year after year...

For the Republic

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 14, 2012, 11:55 Trevellian

I originally backed this with enough to get the second controller due to excitement over an Open Source Console... but then like Verno said, it started to seem deceptive at times, too many questions unanswered. Pulled my backing and decided I'd let other people be the Guinea Pigs till I find out if it's another Phantom.  

For the Republic

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Multiplayer Support
10. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Multiplayer Support Aug 10, 2012, 15:57 Trevellian

Beamer wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 15:51:
Fibrocyte wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 15:46:
Beamer wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 15:27:
The most popular cellphone games work like this.

Name five.

Words With Friends
Scramble With Friends
Hanging With Friends
Draw Something
Carcassonne
Worms 2
Scrabble
Dominion
Uniwar

I don't even have iOS or Android and I can name these off the top of my head.
There is also a Chess game that is turn based. I believe Strategry also has the same style Multiplayer (It's a Risk style game) unfortunately the actual Risk game does not.

For the Republic

News Comments > Epic Forms Impossible Studios from Big Huge Ashes
5. Re: Epic Forms Impossible Studios from Big Huge Ashes Aug 9, 2012, 18:32 Trevellian

Why hate on the iOS? They have JOBS in a shitty economy. They're still working on a game, and they're working on an Epic IP which is what they wanted to do. And the UT3 engine runs great on the 4S and iPad3.
I love both Infinity Blade games, have been a great source of entertainment to kill downtime at work.

For the Republic

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 8, 2012, 21:38 Trevellian

EA: Madden "did not have the level of innovation as our other franchises".

No fucking shit. There is no need to innovate when you make it so you have no competition. Retarded asshats. So fucking scared that 2K was better you bought the license out.

For the Republic

News Comments > Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles
25. Re: Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles Aug 8, 2012, 14:36 Trevellian

eunichron wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 14:04:
Why?

I can't think of a single piece of software that I have installed that I think, "I'd rather have this on Steam!"

Unless the rumors of Valve making a "Steambox" are true and this is just one more step toward Valve turning Steam into a desktop environment/window manager for Linux.

It has nothing to do with "I'd rather have this on Steam" it has to do with Consumer Convenience, it makes money.

For the Republic

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 6, 2012, 20:59 Trevellian

Oh, cool. Guess I'm just buying another Playstation then. Thanks for making that decision easy Microsuck.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Prince of Persia Reboot Revealed?
9. Re: Prince of Persia Reboot Revealed? Aug 6, 2012, 14:28 Trevellian

Rea1One wrote on Aug 6, 2012, 10:54:
Sux they didn't go back to the Prince of Persia (2008) game, luv the cel-shading style from that game.

This.

I actually enjoyed this Prince of Persia more than any of the Sands of Time Trilogy and was super disappointed they never returned to it. Still pisses me off.

For the Republic

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: etc., etc. Aug 2, 2012, 22:54 Trevellian

AnointedSword wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 22:26:
The code is still solid and he pushes coding to the edge. However, I have always said that ID lost their creative force when John Romero left (or was fired). If these meat bags ever lose their pride, I would love to see a reunion. This reminds me of what a lead singer in a Rock and Roll band once said. A reporter asked how is the band getting along now? The lead singer replied, "Like it or not, we have chemistry so we will have to work through our issues." Enough said...

He already had the idea in his head to leave and start a new company with Tom Hall, when he was asked to step down by Adrian, Kevin and Carmack. So he signed the resignation and said fuck you guys anyway. More or less.

Though I'm sure he tells everyone he quit to make Daikatana.

Read "Masters of Doom". It's a great book, well written, and gives you insight into the world of the id Software that once was. You know, the Innovative, Ground Breaking, Imaginitive id of the early 90's.

The fact of the matter is the two Johns are pretty much worthless without each other is what I gathered from reading the book. Carmack could design a great engine but it took Romero to bring it to life, and Romero brought the ideas to the table once Carmack decided what he wanted to do with the next engine. It worked well, and they ruined that system.

For the Republic

News Comments > Bullet Run Launches
4. Re: Bullet Run Launches Jul 31, 2012, 14:54 Trevellian

I beta tested this for a month or two.

It was okay. Nothing spectacular. Felt like Counter Strike Deathmatch as far as the weapons play. No objectives in what I got to play really.

I felt Blacklight Retribution was still better after testing it. But it's not terrible.

Sony should have put these guys on the Planetside 2 team instead of making a secondary F2PFPS.

For the Republic

News Comments > Sanctum OS X Plans
3. Re: Sanctum OS X Plans Jul 28, 2012, 17:53 Trevellian

Played this game one night a month ago when they had a free weekend on Steam for it with a buddy. Game was shit, doesn't matter what platform it's on.  

For the Republic

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
13. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 26, 2012, 16:06 Trevellian

Lukin wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 15:58:
The amazing thing about PS1, for me, was the social/team play aspect. The devs really tried to not only support squad-based team play, but larger outfits and whole armies, working together. So, this lone soldier Rambo-ing through explosions seems dishonest.

In PS1, I had some awesome fights where I was part of a a multi-outfit fighting force. Coordinating such a thing always proved difficult, so I'm hoping they have some creative solutions.

...and, they've already shown gameplay videos highlighting the graphics. Seems pretty dumb to make a cinematic like this when they have a perfectly good looking game you can actually play.

...and yes, those drop pods are one of the few things that are actually in the game from this video.

Of course the trailer is dishonest.

Thats your biggest complaint? Really?
What CG trailer for any game is ever honest. CG trailers are for "story" or to portray that "hero moment".

They already released a great in game footage trailer of Planetside 2 with the Terran Republic stomping out an NC base the way it should be.

As a long time Planetside player I in no way shape or form needed ANY trailer, in game or otherwise to tell me this game was going to be great, just from the level of participation by Higby, Trey and RadarX on the COMMUNITY RUN Planeteside Universe forums from the day they announced this game. It was obvious they were in this to make a great sequel to a game fans were still playing 9 years later and that they loved the original as much as the players.

From the gameplay shown at E3 and from other sources I already know this game is awesome. I don't need a goddamn CG trailer to tell me that.

For the Republic

News Comments > Ron Gilbert on Returning to Monkey Island
7. Re: Ron Gilbert on Returning to Monkey Island Jul 26, 2012, 15:31 Trevellian

Beamer wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 14:11:
Esoteric wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 13:36:
deqer wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 13:27:
I mean, maybe I should start a Kickstarter for a hundred million dollars, to buy the Monkey Island license. You never know!

Interesting that you would think this IP is worth 100,000,000 ...

Yeah, go for it, start it on Kickstart for 100,000,000 just for all of us to laugh at you, and to waste Kickerstarter's time of course.

*wooosh*

Given the history, I think it's an intentional trolling.

I pretty much just ignore anything deqer or CJ_Parker have to say at this point. I don't think they're trolling, I honestly think they're both just idiots.

For the Republic

News Comments > Skyjacker Kickstarter Ending
16. Re: Skyjacker Kickstarter Ending Jul 22, 2012, 21:01 Trevellian

Fucking, double post.  

For the Republic

15. Re: Skyjacker Kickstarter Ending Jul 22, 2012, 21:00 Trevellian

Flatline wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 20:23:
Trevellian wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 19:40:
As Tycho said. This game simply doesn't grasp my attention from what I can see they've already done.

I want the next Tie Fighter, Freespace or Freelancer (I'm aware this was not a true space sim, but I loved it reguardless) sequel. Nothing less will suffice for me.

Then you're going to be incredibly disappointed. One is made by a company that hasn't put out a good IP in years (and is also obsessed with only paying attention to pre-episode 4 movies), one is stuck in IP hell divided among multiple defunct companies, and one is owned by Microsoft and probably isn't going anywhere any time soon.

Without *any* interest at all in the genre there will be no resurgance. So you're sort of killing off your own self-interet.

And for the record, I don't need those old IPs to be happy. A serious space sim will be good enough.

Also, I've found that Penny Arcade's taste in video games boarders on atrocious. A ringing endorsement from them basically puts a game off of my radar unless it's one of those genre-crossing games that is just awesome to everyone.

Otherwise, I find that they tend to revel in the OCD/Aspergers Syndrome games that are more neurosis itches than actual games. So their weight with me on gaming is about zero.

A. My post had nothing to do with Penny Arcade. At most I look at their comics and ignore everything else on the site. The person I mentioned is named TYCHOCelchuu and was the second comment in this thread.

B. I in no way meant it had to specifically be a sequel to one of those actual IP's. I meant in more of a spiritual successor type of manner. And Skyjacker is just not close enough to any of those to be a spiritual successor. Sorry. Not throwing my money at it.

For the Republic

10. Re: Skyjacker Kickstarter Ending Jul 22, 2012, 19:40 Trevellian

As Tycho said. This game simply doesn't grasp my attention from what I can see they've already done.

I want the next Tie Fighter, Freespace or Freelancer (I'm aware this was not a true space sim, but I loved it reguardless) sequel. Nothing less will suffice for me.

For the Republic

News Comments > PC Devils' Third Plans
1. Re: PC Devils' Third Plans Jul 20, 2012, 21:21 Trevellian

Huh, not gonna lie. I thought this game looked like it could be fun. I've always been a fan of Itagaki's shit. DOA Was by far my favorite fighting game, and I loved the hardcore Ninja Gaiden games for difficulty.

But I just didn't think the shooting parts would work well for me on a console. If they ported this RIGHT to the PC. I'd totally be down for some ninja sword shooting deathmatch action.

For the Republic

News Comments > BF4 Beta in Fall 2013: MoH Not Required
17. Re: BF4 Beta in Fall 2013: MoH Not Required Jul 18, 2012, 11:28 Trevellian

Sorry EA, I'll be too busy playing Planetside 2. So no "dice" on me buying another Battlefield game.  

For the Republic

935 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo