Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 963 (Graduate)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty
53. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 16, 2012, 19:30 Trevellian

Prez wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 19:14:
I think there MIGHT be a bug with a character that played multi and is then used solo, because I get MUCH, MUCH better drops on characters where I only played solo.)

That would be crazy if true because it's the direct opposite of how it's supposed to work. I know I was having a hard time finding good drops - in 60-plus hours I came across only 3 orange items in singleplayer (and one of them I bought from a machine). It made me think about trying coop to find some good stuff but I was afraid it would have been too shocking to some people to see me actually being social!

If you see me on and not in a game with the 3 guys I am usually playing with (I.E. if my game isn't full) feel free to drop in or whatever, I'm usually probably farming a Boss for a certain Legendary, or farming The Warrior for a Conference Call. But I literally threw away about 16 Million credits in Purple's and E-Guns the other day farming the Warrior for a few hours. If theres something in particular you're trying to find let me know I'll try to keep one instead of tossing it.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty
52. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 16, 2012, 19:28 Trevellian

Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 19:09:
Trevellian wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 13:31:
As I said before I think they're just complaining instead of trying to solve their own problem. These are people who probably had no issues with farming for items for days in Diablo but they complain like BL2 should just hand them shit.

Ah, yes. "Well, I found items, so you must be talking out of your ass!" Sure, buddy. I'm completely just imagining my siren having weapons that are so poor I stopped playing her because it was turning too much into a slog. (and again, I think there MIGHT be a bug with a character that played multi and is then used solo, because I get MUCH, MUCH better drops on characters where I only played solo.)

Also, how did Diablo 3 get brought into this? I never even played it. Stop being an ass.

Creston

I wasn't being an ass, and where did I say Diablo 3? I was just refering to Diablo in general, the style of game, you can't tell me you've never played Diablo or Diablo 2, you're a PC gamer. Diablo 3 i can fully understand passing on.

For the Republic

44. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 16, 2012, 18:26 Trevellian

Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 18:05:
PHJF wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 17:55:
As far as over-leveling goes, it may be because I am not very good at FPS's but being over-leveled by at least 2 levels was the only way I could beat the game on Singleplayer. The final boss fights were kind of easy ( I *always* die in boss battles!) but I'll take that over dying 50 times in a soul-crushing 2 hour-long grind any day.

There was a Badass Thresher in the Caustic Caverns that I literally could not kill, and he was roughly the same lvl as me. He would just pop up from underground and instantly incap me.

That Badass Pyre Thresher is just fucking horseshit. I was able to kill him because I was inside the building in the middle, so he was stuck outside (too big for the door), and he was being distracted by spiderants.

So with like 6 or 7 spiderants whaling on him, it took me 18 rockets out of a 6000 damage + explosive rocket launcher to kill him. So he basically has 100+K hp.

Even so, he is still not as retarded as the Badass Mutated Varkid. I had a level 16 one chase me one time, and I let it all around the level where it happily proceeded to murder an ENTIRE bandit town before I could finally snipe it (admittedly I was level 14 at the time). I can't even imagine how stupid those things are in TVHM.

Creston

Wait till you fight Ultimate Badass Varkids (The evolution before Verminous, if you happen to be lucky enough to even get him to spawn) or a Super Badass Pyre Thresher. You'll probably be in tears.

For the Republic

34. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 16, 2012, 16:33 Trevellian

Darks wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 15:46:
Trevellian wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 14:17:
PHJF wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 14:09:
As I said before I think they're just complaining instead of trying to solve their own problem. These are people who probably had no issues with farming for items for days in Diablo but they complain like BL2 should just hand them shit. Other than the perspective it's still technically an ARPG and should play the same way. I didn't always have the best weapons in Diablo and could obliterate everything, sometimes you had to work harder.

Well the problem here is my first run through I did all quests and was therefore overleveled for most of the game. It doesn't matter what gun you have when enemies are 3-5 levels beneath you.

My second class I tried to stick to the main quest as much as possible and found myself routinely underleveled/underequipped.

Same I guess, we never skipped a quest so we were always overleveled. So that definitely helps.

Try playing Vault Hunter mode after you beat the game, trust me you will be singing a different tone. You will not be over leveled. Everything hits a lot harder and is more difficult. I never out leveled an area and we did most of the side quest. Also, this game auto levels many of the areas after the starter areas. So itís kind of impossible to be out leveled in most areas.

Uhm, yeah pal. Not singing a different tone at all. I've played through TVHM... twice... My Siren and Mechromancer are both Level 50, both have their class mods from Terramorphous (Which actually, the Siren one is absolutely terrible for Cataclysm/Motion). I have just about 200 hours played exactly in BL2. Once you finish TVHM you get Playthrough 2.5 (Which despite what it sounds is not an actual playthrough, it just levels everything up in the game to max) Where everything in the game is 49-52 which allows for farming of things like Level 50 The Bee shields, Level 50 Boom Bewm grenades, etc... etc. The second run through wasn't any harder on either character. I was still always ahead of the area I was in.

In fact I have about 20 or so quests I skipped in my TVHM of the Mechromancer.

Try again though, you'll come up with a good idea for why it's hard eventually.

(After checking Steam, 201 hours to be exact)

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2012, 16:39.

For the Republic

30. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 16, 2012, 14:17 Trevellian

PHJF wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 14:09:
As I said before I think they're just complaining instead of trying to solve their own problem. These are people who probably had no issues with farming for items for days in Diablo but they complain like BL2 should just hand them shit. Other than the perspective it's still technically an ARPG and should play the same way. I didn't always have the best weapons in Diablo and could obliterate everything, sometimes you had to work harder.

Well the problem here is my first run through I did all quests and was therefore overleveled for most of the game. It doesn't matter what gun you have when enemies are 3-5 levels beneath you.

My second class I tried to stick to the main quest as much as possible and found myself routinely underleveled/underequipped.

Same I guess, we never skipped a quest so we were always overleveled. So that definitely helps.

For the Republic

28. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 16, 2012, 13:31 Trevellian

PHJF wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 13:23:
And there's not really many things you can do. In BL1, you could at least quit and reload a few times, and buy something decent from a vending machine. In BL2, vending machines are worthless. I can't even imagine why they're still in the game other than to sell your loot, but that leaves you with money you can't use except to buy ammo that costs more as you go up in level (WTF?????)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=102166716

Got that from a random vending machine I was passing by. Purchased an orange grenade from another machine, too.

Almost 2 years ago, charging $60.00 for a PC game was nearly a scandal on most gaming websites.

I doubt if a single member of this site paid over $50 for BL2.

I am really curious what a random vending machine was doing with what is essentially a level 36 version of a Class mod that drops off Terramorphous or Vermivorous... You're a lucky guy.

As far as the DLC mindset, you're getting like 4 expansions that are all going to be around 10 hours a piece.... thats 40 more hours of game for 30 bucks... I find it hard to complain about that considering it is pretty much equal to an oldschool game expansion except that it is delivered over the course of 6 months or so, big freaking deal.

For the Republic

23. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 16, 2012, 13:08 Trevellian

All I can say is you guys are having bad luck, but it also helps to play the game 4 player instead of solo.

You can almost always find a quest of level to get a decent weapon off of anyway. I've never had any issues. I played a Healing Siren to about 30 or 40 then switched up and am now Catalyst/Motion, and dominate just about anything I come across. It's hard not to when your phaselock is on like a 7 second cooldown at best from talents/relics/class mods and does Fire/Corrosive/Electric/Slag and is a Singularity. Spec yourself better, don't complain that the game has shortcomings because you're playing the class wrong. Every class has different ways of being played. Even my Mechromancer feels very different depending on which tree you go down, Anarchy is definitely interesting, tried it for awhile and you CAN become a serious wrecking ball (As long as you use Shotguns or SMG's at close range so the Negetive bonus to Accuracy doesn't affect you as much). But I've also tried the BFF tree (Definitely the more boring of her 3 trees as it relies completely on the Pet) and am now pretty settled on the Little Big Trouble tree where you melt everything with Electric.

Even one of the guys I play with nightly changed specs and found the Assassin plays entirely different and can do far more massive damage with the knife spec than just straight sniping (Which is what he usually does and did with Mordecai in the first game)

Try different things. Thats what the respec option is for, don't just stagnate and think each class can only be succesful one way.

If you just haven't been lucky and got a decent weapon sorry to hear that, but I don't see how it's possible considering the number of items that drop and quest rewards.

For the Republic

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 16, 2012, 12:05 Trevellian

w00tie wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 11:58:
Trevellian wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 11:46:
More importantly, if this DLC is out today, why can I not find a quest to start it or a zone to teleport to in the quick travel list to begin it like the old DLC's in BL1. Is this due to Steams retarded updating schedual?

DLC is a 1.3gb download chico. We have to wait for Steam's release schedule.

Valve needs to get with it. Half the time new games are available at midnight or 3am, the other half of the time I'm off work waiting to play some DLC and can't.

Combined with their massive amounts if disconnects it seems like every Monday or Tuesday night anymore. It's getting really old. Especially with a game like Borderlands 2 when you got 4 people on farming Terramorphous and he dies and you lose an entire swatch of loot because everyone gets disconnected from Steam. It's very bothersome.

For the Republic

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 16, 2012, 11:46 Trevellian

More importantly, if this DLC is out today, why can I not find a quest to start it or a zone to teleport to in the quick travel list to begin it like the old DLC's in BL1. Is this due to Steams retarded updating schedual?  

For the Republic

News Comments > NBA 2K13 Sells Well
14. Re: NBA 2K13 Sells Well Oct 13, 2012, 11:49 Trevellian

^Drag0n^ wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 16:17:
I'm waiting for NHL13: Lockout Edition, where you can watch the ice melt at your choice of NHL arenas. The GM mode is amazing. You have meetings to schedule meetings that will discuss when you can have a meeting about when you can negotiate with the players.

AWESOME!

I hope they implement a new skill stick feature for controlling the pen to sign new deals that will be shot down by the players association anyway.

I hate this fucking lockout I want to see my Caps play.

For the Republic

News Comments > Diablo III Monster Power Detailed
21. Re: Diablo III Monster Power Detailed Oct 12, 2012, 17:39 Trevellian

TL2, BL2 and Path of Exile > Diablo 3 in every aspect.
Anyone who plays Diablo 3 and thinks it's the best ARPG out there is lying to himself.

For the Republic

News Comments > League of Legends Soars
16. Re: League of Legends Soars Oct 12, 2012, 17:33 Trevellian

Yakubs wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 15:14:
Trevellian wrote on Oct 12, 2012, 15:01:
I just thought DOTA2 was underwhelming compared to LoL. Graphically better? Sure. But I like the heroes in LoL more, they feel less generic as weird as that sounds. DOTA seems stuck trying to mimic the Warcraft heroes the original were based on without access to the actual characters.

I've been in DOTA2 beta for awhile and barely touch it because I think LoL is better.

Kind of hard to understand this viewpoint. LoL's game mechanics are a watered-down version of DotA's. Not sure why you wouldn't want to play the source material rather than a low-budget (which has since become big-budget) knock-off.

It's hard to understand that I think the heroes available in DOTA2 are shit and I don't like them compared to the characters I've grown to enjoy in LoL? I don't see where that is complicated.

For the Republic

News Comments > League of Legends Soars
11. Re: League of Legends Soars Oct 12, 2012, 15:01 Trevellian

I just thought DOTA2 was underwhelming compared to LoL. Graphically better? Sure. But I like the heroes in LoL more, they feel less generic as weird as that sounds. DOTA seems stuck trying to mimic the Warcraft heroes the original were based on without access to the actual characters.

I've been in DOTA2 beta for awhile and barely touch it because I think LoL is better.

For the Republic

News Comments > Mass Effect DLC Next Month on Xbox
7. Re: Mass Effect DLC Next Month on Xbox Oct 12, 2012, 14:04 Trevellian

They're still milking this turd?

Meanwhile I just keep adding more and more developers to my do not buy list... Bioware, Blizzard, Activision and DICE are among the top tier.

For the Republic

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Details Near
27. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Details Near Oct 11, 2012, 17:57 Trevellian

I played a lot of GTA4 but I still like Vice City the best of all. I want another GTA set in the 80's or even the 70's. Preferably the 80's though. Vice City definitely had the best feel to it overall. That game sucked me in till I had finished it the second day playing it so much. And I loved it.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week
16. Re: Borderlands 2 Captain Scarlett DLC Next Week Oct 11, 2012, 11:30 Trevellian

Haven't quite finished play through 2 on my Siren only because I spent the last 24 hours smashing through play through 1 on a mechromancer. Hit 32 and finished just in time for bed last night. So for me it's perfect timing plenty of time to finish play through 2 on the Siren and maybe even get the mechromancer close.

This game is taking up all my free time...

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 2012, 11:38.

For the Republic

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 4: Final Assault
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 4: Final Assault Oct 11, 2012, 07:47 Trevellian

I love the video that is currently on IGN personally. "Treyarch Confused by Black Ops 2 Engine Criticism"

Even their lead director is a moron. His philosophy apparently is "Well it runs at 60fps and that is what you guys want, we can still make the engine pretty"

The reality is they've only ever worked with someone elses engine and can't f'ing design their own. And even the COD fanboys are starting to notice nothing ever changes. Same textures, same death animations, rehashes of old maps, recycled sounds. It's no wonder they make so much profit on the damn games they barely change a damn thing.

For the Republic

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed?
32. Re: Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed? Oct 10, 2012, 23:11 Trevellian

If you played Borderlands 1 at all you would be full aware that unlike MOST DLC for most games, Gearbox has a tendancy to do DLC the correct way. Tons of content for 10 bucks. I put well over 200 hours into Borderlands 1 with ONE character. I've already put close to 200 hours into Borderlands 2 and they have not even released expansions yet. They are not nickle and diming anyone.

What you're trying to tell nin and everyone else here, is that the 3 or 4 DLC's you get for 30 bucks (Which will have HOURS upon HOURS of content in them) are not the same as buying a 30 dollar expansion 6 months later. Which is completely untrue at this point in time.

I would much rather pay the 30 bucks, and have that same content spread out for this game over the next 6 months (The 3 or 4 DLC's will be spread out between now and June) Rather than have to wait that entire 6 months, for one large expansion.

It's virtually the same thing only a different release method to the old expansions... for THIS title. This is the correct way to do DLC.

I understand your dislike for the common method of DLC, and if that is your case I implore you to talk about Nickle and Diming people to Capcom. Capcom is the definition of Nickle and Dime DLC. That is not what Gearbox is doing with their DLC. And you're a blatent idiot if you think otherwise.

Capcom, Activision, EA, you could pick any of these companies to complain about Nickle and Diming DLC... but you chose to pick the One company and game that does it the correct way and actually works on, and releases quality content for months after the game is released to come on here and bitch about. That is just down right retarded.

This comment was edited on Oct 10, 2012, 23:18.

For the Republic

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Expansion Revealed?
12. removed Oct 10, 2012, 09:04 Trevellian

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 10, 2012, 10:16.

For the Republic

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown
22. Re: Ships Ahoy - XCOM: Enemy Unknown Oct 9, 2012, 11:39 Trevellian

I loved the original X-Coms and played them for years. That being said, this game is still great and as far as I am concerned lives up to what I expected out of a modern X-com game. Some of you are really stretching to find reasons to dislike this.  

For the Republic

963 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo