Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 935 (Graduate)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > On Black Ops 2 PC Servers & Security
6. Re: On Black Ops 2 PC Servers & Security Sep 29, 2012, 15:13 Trevellian

DangerDog wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 14:45:
No more 24/7 Nuke Town 32 player stat padding servers.

Medal of honor warfighter looks to be a better option as far as console shooty game ports to the PC goes.

Or there is the option of... you know... not buying any of them. So companies will stop making this garbage.

Personally I miss the Doom, Quake and Unreal Tournament style of deathmatch. Tired of military, pick the most OP weapon to start off with, and perks that negate shit style of gameplay.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers
12. Re: World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers Sep 27, 2012, 15:59 Trevellian

nin wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 15:58:
You poop fixation is odd, but I'm not going to judge you.

Plop

For the Republic

10. Re: World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers Sep 27, 2012, 15:49 Trevellian

nin wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 15:47:
Trevellian wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 15:43:
I can't believe idiots still play this turd with games like Guild Wars 2 available.

YEAH! What's up with those people that like other games than you do?! The nerve!

It's a going on 10 year old turd that was once upon a time good. Pandaria is getting terrible reviews. They no longer have a direction or anything substantial to add to the MMO space. It's a nearly 10 year old turd that needs to be pinched off whether you like it or not.

For the Republic

8. Re: World of Warcraft Free Character Transfers Sep 27, 2012, 15:43 Trevellian

I can't believe idiots still play this turd with games like Guild Wars 2 available.  

For the Republic

News Comments > The Secret World Patched
1. Re: The Secret World Patched Sep 26, 2012, 13:11 Trevellian

Is this the patch that makes it not suck?  

For the Republic

News Comments > Darksiders II DLC Released
7. Re: Darksiders II DLC Released Sep 26, 2012, 12:21 Trevellian

I bought this on PS3... and so far it's just sat there, which is unfortunate as I loved the original game... but it kinda took a back seat to Guild Wars 2... Borderlands 2, and now DOA5  

For the Republic

News Comments > Gearbox Working on Fixing Your Badass in Borderlands 2
10. Re: Gearbox Working on Fixing Your Badass in Borderlands 2 Sep 26, 2012, 09:46 Trevellian

It definitely is an awesome system. So far I'm up to 1992 Badass rank, which is enough to get about 3.8-4.3% on 10 different stats. I mostly went with Gun Damage, Elemental Damage and Shield Recharge stuff. It's for sure way better than the gun skill system from Borderlands, and it's not too overpowering on a new character.  

For the Republic

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Sep 21, 2012, 19:57 Trevellian

The AI gun is far cooler and less obnoxious. It's far less annoying. Still speaks but doesn't slow you down or make annoying firing sounds. Just says funny shit like "Ratatatatata"

For the Republic

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans
4. Re: Mass Effect 3 DLC Plans Sep 19, 2012, 10:26 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 09:52:
Bioware has traditionally done pretty good singleplayer DLC but the ending for ME3 really just kinda put a damper on the franchise for me. I haven't bought any DLC for ME3 and have no plans to in the future, I think I'll just wait and see how the next ME game is.

Agree, after finishing ME3 I was just done with the series. No amount of DLC can make up for that disappointment. If they had just gone with the elaborate "Shepard was Indoctrinated" ending that the guy on Youtube put together really well. I may have been able to accept the game. But as it stands I'm just... meh.
If you have not seen said video http://youtu.be/ythY_GkEBck?hd=1
It's fairly in depth. This is how I choose to believe ME3 ended. Screw Bioware.

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 2012, 10:36.

For the Republic

News Comments > BioWare Founders Retire
35. Re: BioWare Founders Retire Sep 19, 2012, 00:46 Trevellian

Tumbler wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 20:59:
NewMaxx wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 20:27:
I predict a kickstarter by these guys once their non-compete clauses run out (industry standard is 1 year minimum).

This. Kickstarter! Kickstarter! Kickstarter! Would anyone be surprised if these guys didn't have non compete clauses? When bioware was bought these guys were rockstars, maybe completing the last few products left them free and clear.

Bioware is done in my opinion. Franchises will be c&c'd to death.

I wouldn't be surprised if in an attempt to get back to their roots they head over to Oblivion to work on their Project Eternity kickstarter.

For the Republic

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup
41. Re: Borderlands 2 Ships - Review Roundup Sep 18, 2012, 19:41 Trevellian

jdreyer wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 19:35:
Verno wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 12:02:

The PhysX stuff is really, really impressive and fluid on an Nvidia card. I have to say this is the best implementation of it I've ever seen, more devs should take note.
When I saw the physx YouTube a month ago it looked gimmicky. Can you describe what you like about it?

It is so absolutely ridiculously gimmicky I turned it down to Low.
On "High" it has such things as ridiculous amounts of liquid shit fountaining up out of toilet chests and pouring out onto the ground. And the first explosive shotgun I received had like 10 BILLION little unecessary particle effects. It was absurd, and I tired of it quickly. It's obvious that Nvidia just said "You should do some ridiculous shit with it so we can add it as a bullet point for why you should play the game with PhysX"
But this is just my opinion.

For the Republic

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Videos
38. Re: Borderlands 2 Videos Sep 17, 2012, 14:28 Trevellian

Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 12:25:
Trevellian wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 10:19:
This... Is exactly my point though. You harbor anger for Pitchford. But he is not Gearbox. I never bothered with Halo on PC because I had it on Xbox. But I also never had any of the issues anyone else had with Borderlands, I played 4 player coop from day one with hamachi, should I have had to? No. But I didn't let it stop be from enjoying the game. Nor did any of the other missing PC features. I don't get the drab 4 color BS either. It most certainly had more than 4 colors. Lots of reds and greens and purples, things on fire etc. it was not 4 color drab brown sorry. As for the enemy types there were skags, bandits, crimson elite, spider ants, the flying things, and there were different variants of all of them? Not much different than Diablo 2 which gets everyone's undying praise. Pitchford is a liar, fine, but he is not the entirety of Gearbox, so hating them? I still see no reason.

Hi. Welcome to the Internet. It's a great place where people are allowed to have different opinions! NO, REALLY! I KNOW, IT'S AMAZING!!

I don't harbor anger for Pitchford, I'm just stating fact. The guy is a fucking toolshed and a liar. I don't let it stop me from buying their games if they are good, but there are plenty of people who do take that into account.

Your original statement was: What was there to hate about them? Honestly? Nothing. Thats right, nothing.

If you don't feel that the reasons I provided are good enough, fine. Again, welcome to the Internet; enjoy having your own opinion. But don't try to shovel someone else's opinion under the mat because it happens to not coincide with yours.

Gearbox and Pitchford have done plenty to make people wary of them. Fortunately, they've also made some really good games.

Creston

I don't recall ever telling you that you were wrong or not to have an opinion. I have no issue with you so don't come at me with that welcome to the Internet anger like I'm deqer. I was simply stating my point of view of the opinions you had. I just think the game gets far more hate for doing some of the same things a certain other game did and got critical acclaim for. Especially when it did it in a nice new artistic package. (I understand the art style isn't for everyone but as a comic reader I loved it).

For the Republic

33. Re: Borderlands 2 Videos Sep 17, 2012, 10:19 Trevellian

Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 00:49:
Trevellian wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 17:40:
I never understood anyones beef with Gearbox to begin with. Brothers in Arms was a great game and before that they had done nothing but Half Life expansions and ports. What was there to hate about them? Honestly?

Nothing. Thats right, nothing.

I'm of the opinion that Borderlands is a game that people love to hate just for nitpicky reasons or because they have something against Randy Pitchford.

Borderlands is an easy game to hate. Most of the criticisms against it are spot on: You really DO only fight like four different enemies in the entire game, and 2 of those are 90% of all battles; it IS a big drab grey brown world; it was a giant piece of shit to get working multiplayer, etc etc. This was DESPITE the fact that Pitchford promised that the PC version of the game would get lots of love and attention. (it didn't. It was as straight an xbox port as you'd ever seen.)

You also seem to forget the Halo port, which was done by Gearbox, which was an absolutely unmitigated piece of shit, to which Randy Pitchford himself basically told everyone "Well, if the game runs like shit then your computer just fucking sucks!"

Ignoring that even people with absolute state of the art hardware at the time couldn't run the fucking thing. He finally admitted that it was a bad port about two or three years later. (Ie, after he'd already fleeced everyone from their money.)

Finally, before they became Gearbox, Pitchford was one of the main guys at Rebel Boat Rocker, and was literally one of the worst fucking loudmouths in the entire industry, who pissed off entire slews of other devs and fans in the process.

So to say that people have "nothing" is just stupid.

Personally I loved the shit out of Borderlands, and I'm terribly excited about Borderlands 2. Randy Pitchford, however, is still a giant fucking toolshed.

Creston

This... Is exactly my point though. You harbor anger for Pitchford. But he is not Gearbox. I never bothered with Halo on PC because I had it on Xbox. But I also never had any of the issues anyone else had with Borderlands, I played 4 player coop from day one with hamachi, should I have had to? No. But I didn't let it stop be from enjoying the game. Nor did any of the other missing PC features. I don't get the drab 4 color BS either. It most certainly had more than 4 colors. Lots of reds and greens and purples, things on fire etc. it was not 4 color drab brown sorry. As for the enemy types there were skags, bandits, crimson elite, spider ants, the flying things, and there were different variants of all of them? Not much different than Diablo 2 which gets everyone's undying praise. Pitchford is a liar, fine, but he is not the entirety of Gearbox, so hating them? I still see no reason.

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2012, 10:29.

For the Republic

13. Re: Borderlands 2 Videos Sep 16, 2012, 17:40 Trevellian

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 17:20:
Cutter wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 16:30:
I'm not angry about it. I just thought the first one sucked and have no interest in the second. Nor do I understand why anyone liked the first much less wants the second.

I don't mean you in particular, Cutter, more like in general because I remember how 'well' the initial reception was when the second one was announced and the relatively short time between then and release. A couple were hesitant to say they enjoyed it while most were firing up their roasters.

Then again, I might be recalling this wrong and blowing it a little out of proportion. I just happen to find it interesting.

I never understood anyones beef with Gearbox to begin with. Brothers in Arms was a great game and before that they had done nothing but Half Life expansions and ports. What was there to hate about them? Honestly?

Nothing. Thats right, nothing.

And Borderlands whether you want to deny it up one side and down the other, was a good solid coop game which was needed in a very coop lacking gamespace. It put Diablo's tried and true method of item hunting with Doom's 4 player FPS Coop. Win win as far as I'm concerned. I enjoyed all the characters and humor of the game, I don't see how anyone could not like either.

I'm of the opinion that Borderlands is a game that people love to hate just for nitpicky reasons or because they have something against Randy Pitchford.

For the Republic

News Comments > Metro 2033 Film Plans
8. Re: Metro 2033 Film Plans Sep 14, 2012, 19:04 Trevellian

Fantaz wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 16:10:
Trevellian wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 10:40:
They'll find some way to turn this into the Resident Evil movie series and completely ruin it I'm sure.

I like the Resident Evil movie? It's good if you completely disassociate it and pretend it's not part of the Resident Evil series at all, so as a movie it's pretty decent. Same could be said for the sequels.

Pretty much as Wallshadows and Cutter have already stated. The first one was somewhat decent, it was close enough to the story for me to give it a pass and I love Milla anyway (Have ever since Fifth Element).... but then the movies just got out of hand... now it's like, at least what I can tell from the trailer for the new one... 4 badass hotchicks fighting random monsters. Oh, and of course, taking every opportunity to throw shit at the camera because it's 3D.

For the Republic

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Patched
54. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Sep 14, 2012, 13:19 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 13:08:
Trevellian wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 12:58:
You can do some pretty cool stuff, I particularly like comboing off myself as a Mesmer, which I can either do with Null Field/Mirror Blade or Chaos Storm/weaponswitch to greatsword/Mirror Blade. There are others but I have come to enjoy the Staff and Greatsword the most so I use whats at my disposal. If you play with the same crew it becomes easy to do combos in dungeons, I'll just weaponswitch and place Chaos Storm around people so they can get projectile combos easy (applies stacks of confusion).

I loved Mesmer in the BWEs but I feel like the change to per-target illusions really hurt my interest in the class. To be fair I didn't play it very far so I'm not sure how much it hurts them in PvP but PvE I always feel like I'm just getting them all up then I'm moving on again.

Btw I swear I'm gonna login to the PS2 beta one of these days but we keep getting hit with great games back to back, is C22 fully active already?

Since I use Greatswords it's not too bad. I use the Greatsword Training trait in Domination (Reduces all 2H Ability cooldowns by 20%)plus the 5 trait point Illusionists Celerity (20% Illusion ability cooldown reduction) in Illusion. So 6 and 1/2 second cooldown on Mirror Blade and 16 second cooldown on Phantasmal Berserker which makes it very very easy to have 2 Illusions and the Phantasm on a target before it dies, in which case I usually just use Mind Wrack to finish their target off and damage anything else I'm fighting, and then quickly get all 3 Illusions up on the next target... Mind Wrack again... rinse repeat.

Theres a few people who play it a lot. Most of us are playing GW2 at the moment till PS2 goes full live. Beta is fun but when your progress doesn't matter it's hard to play for 4 or 5 hours a day like we did the original.

For the Republic

46. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Sep 14, 2012, 12:58 Trevellian

NegaDeath wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 12:48:
Kudos to Travellian and NewMaxx for the info links without drama. As a dirty heathen newb I didn't understand how the combos worked. I had heard my guy make some verbal cues about them succeeding (by happy accident) and I saw the combo properties on my ability infocards but didn't know how they fit together. I've done purely PvE thus far and it hadn't really been necessary yet.

You can do some pretty cool stuff, I particularly like comboing off myself as a Mesmer, which I can either do with Null Field/Mirror Blade or Chaos Storm/weaponswitch to greatsword/Mirror Blade. There are others but I have come to enjoy the Staff and Greatsword the most so I use whats at my disposal. If you play with the same crew it becomes easy to do combos in dungeons, I'll just weaponswitch and place Chaos Storm around people so they can get projectile combos easy (applies stacks of confusion).

For the Republic

35. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Sep 14, 2012, 12:41 Trevellian

Creston wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 12:11:
2) I ask "Combo Field? So I need someone else to help?"

The information is not as difficult to find as some people would like you to believe.

http://www.shadowrefuge.com/2012/06/cross-profession-combos-closer-look.html

It isn't some mystic rare knowledge.

For the Republic

News Comments > Metro 2033 Film Plans
2. Re: Metro 2033 Film Plans Sep 14, 2012, 10:40 Trevellian

They'll find some way to turn this into the Resident Evil movie series and completely ruin it I'm sure.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Sells 2 Million
100. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sells 2 Million Sep 14, 2012, 10:10 Trevellian

sauron wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 10:07:
My two characters are only level 14 and level 4 so far, so running out of content won't be a problem for months. But I did notice a good article by the devs on endgame today:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-endgame-reimagined/

They also mention they're working on a lot of new events for that section of the game:

The launch of Guild Wars 2 is just the start. With the game now out in the hands of the players, we can focus our efforts to adding new types of events, new dungeons, new bosses, new rewards, and new places for players to explore. Together, our journey is just now beginning, and I hope to see you in-game.

Could be just BS, but it'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

Considering how much content they continuously added to the first game I doubt it is BS. Even if it comes in the form of 6 month expansion packs. I'll still enjoy it.

For the Republic

935 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo