Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 893 (Graduate)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Sells 2 Million
54. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sells 2 Million Sep 13, 2012, 16:39 Trevellian

Quinn wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 11:02:
Trevellian wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 10:03:
Only 2 Million? I would have guessed far more considering how polished and not like other MMO's it is. I find it far more fun to run around and explore and do events in this than I ever have any other MMO. People need to stop playing WoW.

Instead, GW2 made a few palls of mine and myself go back to WoW instead.

I'm not going to flame GW2 anymore. I've spend a fair amount of time doing that already in an earlier topic. What I have come to realize is that, quite simply, at this moment there are 2 types of MMO players: Those that like the WoW types and those that like the GW2 types.

Now, all WoW clones suck and fail miserably and GW2 is basically one of a kind (to me, in all its shortcomings) thus we come at a conclusion that there are WoW lovers and GW2 lovers. It's much like PC & Mac.

I cannot apprehend why one would chose GW2's style over WoW's, because to me "strength in sinergy" is better than "strength in numbers (and chaos?)" by definition. Here I'm of course referring to the holy trinity in WoW and lack thereof in GW2. In the week I tried GW2, I ended up prefering solo play over the visual mess that comes with the big "dynamic events". But one does not really play MMO's for its lukewarm singleplayer experience...

That's that for my little pathetic attempt to analyze the WoW vs GW thing. Sorry for again critisizing GW2 in the process. Couldn't help it.

You must first understand I played WoW for years... before that I played DAOC for years, and before that EQ... for years. I was in a hardcore raiding guild in each and every one of them so believe me I fully understand the holy trinity. The problem with the holy trinity is that it ousts people from playing the class they enjoy because "We already have too many tanks, sorry", or you run into the opposite problem "Where the hell are all the tanks".

Playing GW2 has made me realize how much I hated other people in every other MMO. GW2 goes out of the way to solve this problem by making every aspect of the game multiplayer friendly. Crafting nodes, Events, Mobs. You aren't cursing at the guy who just stole your Gold vein because he didn't. You get to an event with an epic Champion fight and you call out for help from other adventurers and they show up to fight back the evildoer. When you do an instance, you don't have to worry about Classes, just Skill level (Which is hard to determine with random people, obviously, just like any other game, but when it's with mates from your guild, hopefully you know they don't all suck).

So now playing with my friends, I don't have to care if one is a tank and one is a cleric, we just pick 5 people who are on and want to go and go. Each person is self sufficient, if one goes down the other 3 draw the fight to them so someone can get the downed person up or even allow the downed person to get themselves up if theres not a lot of AOE. This is the way a dungeon should be run. In DND did you ever pick characters based on the holy trinity? We never did, we found ways to solve every problem with people playing exactly the class and race we wanted to, GW2 strives to bring that portion of DND to fruition.

So as someone who played the holy trinity MMO's for years, and always felt there was something wrong about being made to hate random people and only want to play with people I know in a game that was meant to be played by thousands, GW2 is a far far step in the correct direction.

WvWvW doesn't hurt either, considering DAOC all I did was RvRvR and it's the exact same thing. This alone gives me the longevitey this game needs, I will spend days upon days sieging Keeps and Castles. It is like Medieval Planetside

I'm not hating on WoW, I liked it once, so did the guild I play with, but that ended in BC after they began to make things accessable to everyone easily, gone where the keys and attunements that I enjoyed that made getting that epic loot challenging and special. I tried to stick it out through WOTLK, and made it, but Cataclysm lasted a month with my group before we decided the game was done for us.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Sells 2 Million
5. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sells 2 Million Sep 13, 2012, 10:03 Trevellian

Only 2 Million? I would have guessed far more considering how polished and not like other MMO's it is. I find it far more fun to run around and explore and do events in this than I ever have any other MMO. People need to stop playing WoW.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Ubisoft Making Fewer AAA Games
4. Re: Ubisoft Making Fewer AAA Games Sep 13, 2012, 10:02 Trevellian

They thought the trash they've been releasing was still considered AAA? What planet do they live on. With the exception of the Assassin's Creed series they honestly haven't made anything AAA  

For the Republic

News Comments > Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Video; Beta Signups
3. Re: Akaneiro: Demon Hunters Video; Beta Signups Sep 11, 2012, 23:48 Trevellian

This looks awful. Why is it that everyone who was involved with id back in the hayday just seems like they don't know what the hell they're doing anymore. Are they really all that lost without each other or was the success of Doom and Quake just based on timing and a fluke. I don't want to think that way but since none of them have gone on to do anything great it's becoming depressing to think about.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 6, 2012, 17:07 Trevellian

Julio wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 16:35:
avianflu wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 10:33:
seems like a bad idea to buy a first gen console of any brand.

Especially from Microsoft given their terrible product quality on the 360. I had two 360s that died within a year. Both my PS3s have had zero issues.

I had an original shipment PS3 (60gb, Emotion engine, the good shit) I had put a 250gb harddrive in it. It lasted from day 1, until a month ago, with seriously heavy usage as I have a large collection of Blu Rays and games. In the meantime. I went through 2 Xbox 360's myself, after the 2nd one died I refused to buy another. And I know a co worker who went through FOUR 360's, and is also still on his first PS3.

Microsoft's craftsmanship with their console was horrible.

For the Republic

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 6, 2012, 15:30 Trevellian

Am I supposed to be surprised that Microsoft is going to release another halfassed console that will have to be replaced 3 times by a majority of people who purchase it? It's easier to pad sales with the ones who are too lazy to call customer service that way.  

For the Republic

News Comments > DOOM 3 BFG Edition: No PC DOOM/DOOM II Multiplayer
6. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition: No PC DOOM/DOOM II Multiplayer Sep 5, 2012, 11:15 Trevellian

Way to understand your target audience Carmack. You ignorant fuck. You've lost touch.

I'd rather play Doom or Doom 2 multiplayer than that heap of shit Doom 3 any day of the week. Good going bonehead.

For the Republic

News Comments > Black Ops 2 Specs; No XP Support
9. Re: Black Ops 2 Specs; No XP Support Sep 4, 2012, 17:27 Trevellian

Flatline wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 16:25:
Even if this was a game I cared about I'd be fine with this. It's time to move on.

In that respect, it's also time to move on from 32-bit systems. I run, and my entire company runs, on win 7 64 bit now, and it's been a year or two and there hasn't been a single issue. I'm not sure *why* Windows 7 didn't come default as a 64-bit system in fact.

Couldn't tell you. I have run Win7 64 bit since Win7 was released. The whole time hearing people say how bad it was, yet I had no issues. Never made sense to me.

For the Republic

News Comments > Diablo III Nerf Warning
14. Re: Diablo III Nerf Warning Sep 2, 2012, 18:24 Trevellian

Dades wrote on Sep 2, 2012, 16:45:
It's pretty sad when GW2 is a better ARPG than Diablo is.

I haven't been able to stop playing Guild Wars 2 for a week now.

For the Republic

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Exosuit Reveal; Beta Access Ending
7. Re: Natural Selection 2 Exosuit Reveal; Beta Access Ending Aug 28, 2012, 14:31 Trevellian

I preordered it last christmas or the year before, I forget which. I did it because they were doing 2 Keys for 30 dollars or some shit.

Gave one to my buddy and our initial outing with it was poor. Laggy, barely ran, couldn't play half the time, typical beta.

It has DRASTICALLY improved over the course of the past year. Very playable. Very much like the original Natural Selection where if your commander sucks you're going to lose. Forces good teamwork. Engine looks and runs great now. We've played a few games here and there. Can't wait to see the finished product.

For the Republic

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs Demo
8. Re: Sleeping Dogs Demo Aug 24, 2012, 08:50 Trevellian

nin wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 22:28:
Trevellian wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 22:20:
I think the H2H combat is great, reminiscent of Arkham Asylum/City. However once they gave me a gun I thought the gunplay was super clunky, didn't like it at all, wouldn't let me aim out of cover for some reason, feels consolized. I really wanted to like this game too.

While I'm not very far in the game (7 hours, but a lot of exploring and side missions), it's my understanding that guns are rare (other than a mission where I leaned out of a car to blow up motorcycles, I've seen one pistol and thats it). You can't buy then in the game, and if you run around with anything other than a concealed pistol (ie not drawn) the police will come after you. I hear there is more gunplay later on, but the primary focus is hand to hand combat. Guns are viewed as a disposable powerup.

Also, a gamepad is highly recommended.

After the first few hours of getting the hang of it, I'm really enjoying the game, a lot more than I thought I would.

If that is true and they are rare I may actually enjoy it. But for the few times you have to use a gun, after my experience using one in the demo you'd be hard pressed to get me to pay full price for the game to have to use a 360 controller to play it properly. That kind of laziness pisses me off.

For the Republic

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs Demo
1. Re: Sleeping Dogs Demo Aug 23, 2012, 22:20 Trevellian

I think the H2H combat is great, reminiscent of Arkham Asylum/City. However once they gave me a gun I thought the gunplay was super clunky, didn't like it at all, wouldn't let me aim out of cover for some reason, feels consolized. I really wanted to like this game too.  

For the Republic

News Comments > More on New Black Isle
16. Re: More on New Black Isle Aug 23, 2012, 14:18 Trevellian

Prez wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 14:10:
Trevellian wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 12:01:
This shit is fucking hilarious

"Sad" would have been more my word of choice...

Well it's obviously sad. But it's also hilarious that he thinks 1 single person is going to think it's the same Black Isle or buy anything it makes knowing the truth.

For the Republic

News Comments > More on New Black Isle
11. Re: More on New Black Isle Aug 23, 2012, 12:01 Trevellian

This shit is fucking hilarious  

For the Republic

News Comments > Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future
25. Re: Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future Aug 23, 2012, 00:11 Trevellian

shinchan0s wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 21:19:
loomy wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 21:03:
the diablo 3 design puts too much weight on the item system, and the item system isn't good enough to support so much of the game. it is pitiful actually that they launched a game incomplete, untested, broken and without knowing how to fix it.

He's like the director of the Total Recall remake - putting his own "vision" on an already pretty great thing which turns out to be doing the exact opposite of what made the original so great. Where do they find these guys?

No offense but Total Recall was an absolute fail example to use. As the original movie was the directors own "vision" based off of a novel and he turned it in to an utter crap Arnold movie. The NEW Total Recall is great and follows the original "vision" of the book pretty much spot on. The original movie was hardly "great"

For the Republic

News Comments > Black Isle Studios Name Revived
27. Re: Black Isle Studios Name Revived Aug 22, 2012, 18:54 Trevellian

jdreyer wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 18:47:
Yakubs wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 16:21:
In the video game industry, history shows that past performance is not indicative of future performance. High profile examples include Richard Garriot, Warren Spector, Molyneux...

Whoa, whoa, WHOA. Hold on there a sec. Molyneux has recently given us one of the greatest RPGs ever made in the history of gaming: Fable III. I dare you to name a better RPG. DARE YOU.

Skyrim

For the Republic

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
11. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Aug 21, 2012, 14:39 Trevellian

Cutter wrote on Aug 21, 2012, 14:25:
I loved CS. However, I still won't buy this without a demo.

I was in Beta. It's meh. It's CS:Source with a little more shine, better scoreboards and the pausing kills like Team Fortress, a consolized purchase wheel and more weapons. Achievements like they said, a few alternate routes on some of the classic maps like Dust so that there aren't as many bottlenecks. It's nice but not 15 bucks for another Counterstrike Nice.

For the Republic

News Comments > Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches
8. Re: Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches Aug 16, 2012, 16:38 Trevellian

I call absolute bullshit on 35 Million members on Uplay.

For one Uplay is absolute garbage and i was annoyed I had to have it installed to play Future Soldier or Conviction. Not to mention Ubisoft support is some of the absolute worst I have ever had to deal with when I had an issue with Conviction.

Fuck Ubisoft, Fuck Uplay. Absolutely unfortunate since I thought Watch Dogs looked amazing but I don't want that shit installed on my PC ever again.

For the Republic

News Comments > Trine 2 Expansion Announced
5. Re: Trine 2 Expansion Announced Aug 16, 2012, 16:05 Trevellian

Sold.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Nuclear Eclipse Online Kickstart
4. Re: Nuclear Eclipse Online Kickstart Aug 16, 2012, 01:07 Trevellian

It took them 2 years to make that pile of crap? What a joke.  

For the Republic

893 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo