Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 963 (Graduate)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content
6. Re: Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content Oct 27, 2012, 14:25 Trevellian

zombiefan wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 13:27:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 12:15:
I don't get it, why is Minecraft so popular? I understand the build-it yourself Lego-like mentality but the game looks like ass and when I played it I was underwhelmed with the gameplay.

It's ok that you don't get Minecraft. I don't get the popularity of the TV show Firefly. To each his own.

Because despite being only 13 episodes long, being played out of order and generally mistreated by Fox it is one of the greatest Sci Fi TV shows ever produced and it was a shame it didn't get to continue.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming
9. Re: RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming Oct 24, 2012, 22:35 Trevellian

I think what Carmack fails to realize is... He's not amazing. He can design engines... beyond that he has no creativity. He forgets that... Keen, Doom and Quake... where all group efforts of brainstorming by Himself, Tom Hall, Romero and of course Adrian as well. His engines are absolutely nothing without their creativity to drive them. This is why they are now all failures. If they ever want to do anything meaningful again they need to suck it up and rebuild the original id Software with the original members... or they will continue to fade into obscurity. People already for the most part, unless they are educated have no idea who any of them are. I talk to the Call of Duty fanboys I work with and try to explain to them they wouldn't have a game if it weren't for Doom, and they don't understand, because id Software has become irrelevant.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits Kickstarter Goal
13. Re: Star Citizen Hits Kickstarter Goal Oct 24, 2012, 10:53 Trevellian

InBlack wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 10:51:
I dunno...I was kind of hoping for a traditional sim ala Freespace, but Freelancer was a jack-of-all-trades master of none game that I couldnt be even bothered to finish. While I do realize that he wasnt satisfied with how the game turned out, so many of its core features sucked really badly, especially the flightmodel and control scheme. The 3rd person action cam view was straight out of the 80's arcades...uhhh.

The difference being he has clearly stated that it will be a combination of Freelancer's universe, like, being able to be a pirate, a trader etc. But with Wing Commander's flight style. I do not think the 3rd person camera style was his intent with Freelancer, they may have come about because of Microsoft wanting DA to hurry the product along. Star Citizen/Squadron 42 will have a traditional Space SIM control system from inside the cockpit. Like Wing Commander, or X-Wing/Tie

For the Republic

11. Re: Star Citizen Hits Kickstarter Goal Oct 24, 2012, 10:32 Trevellian

Yeah, my bad, I typed Freespace by accident instead of Freelancer, lot on my mind this morning.

Edited my post.

Freelancer was one of my favorite games of all time. So I'm happy. Granted it could have been more as he wanted it to be (Close to a scale of EVE Online) but Microsoft bought out Digital Anvil midway into production and he left.

For those interested though, here is the thread were he is answering questions:
Chris Roberts Q&A On Reddit

Apart from the multi person bridges he mentions boarding parties and other fun things as well.

For the Republic

2. Re: Star Citizen Hits Kickstarter Goal Oct 24, 2012, 09:58 Trevellian

The fan questions he began answering over on Reddit just reaffirmed to me that it will be the best game of all time as soon as he answered the question "Will it be like Freelancer?" with pretty much the answer, "Yes, it will be like Freelancer, but my original vision before I sold Digital Anvil to Microsoft." That was enough for me.

Oh, that and the fact he said you'd be able to have more than one player on a Corvette/Destroyer manning different stations on the Bridge.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2012, 10:31.

For the Republic

News Comments > DiRT 4 Hints?
1. Re: DiRT 4 Hints? Oct 24, 2012, 09:56 Trevellian

They lost my interest in the series when they added the Gymkhana bullshit and made it a mandatory part of the Championship/Season. It's unfortunate because Dirt 3 did do other things right, like clean up the menu screen, make the game less about the "Xtreme" feeling. But Gymkhana... sucked balls.

It made me go back and play Dirt 2 more instead. When I sit down to play a Rally game, I want just the Rallycross and actual Point to Point Rally's that go on for miles and miles. Guess it's back to playing WRC.

For the Republic

News Comments > No BF3 Color Grading Removal
2. Re: No BF3 Color Grading Removal Oct 23, 2012, 21:44 Trevellian

DICE can be assured they will not receive any more money from me. Poorly handled with their contemptfulness to begin with. Even worse to retract the feature after already announcing it.

They can fuck off and die along with the rest of EA and Activision.

For the Republic

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Oct 23, 2012, 18:27 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 13:45:
Actually screen brightness has been linked to sleep problems, that's why most doctors recommend you have a "shut off" period before you go to bed. Sure sleep disorders have always existed but it doesn't mean that modern inventions can't disrupt sleep patterns and cycles.

With videogames I've read its more about emotions and adrenaline, you're still processing your gameplay session unconsciously when you lay down. Again that's why doctors recommend you have a cooling off period before bed, it helps you get to sleep faster and you tend to sleep with less disruption. Reading before bed is supposedly the best activity in terms of natural influence on getting to sleep and staying asleep.

I always stop an hour before I plan to go to sleep. If people really insist on gaming then at least dial down the brightness or install Flux.

http://stereopsis.com/flux/
I have been using this program for about... 2 months now. I can honestly say it's not a gimmick, I have slept better in the past 2 months (DESPITE staying up late playing video games on the PC or reading websites etc) than I have in the past 8 years of gaming alone. I've had an easier time falling asleep, less headaches, easier time waking up for work in the morning. At first I could not get used to the color change, but after a week or two of using it, I got used to it, and the sleep results were worth it. I'll probably forever have this installed, I have turned a few friends onto it as well.

Edit: Did not notice NegaDeath had posted the same suggestion, nice to see I'm not the only one who accidentally found this.

For the Republic

News Comments > Divine Space Kickstarter
8. Re: Divine Space Kickstarter Oct 23, 2012, 18:23 Trevellian

Holy crap that pitch video made me want to punch myself in the groin.  

For the Republic

News Comments > BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus
4. Re: BioShock Infinite: Industrial Revolution Pre-Order Bonus Oct 22, 2012, 20:50 Trevellian

I love it.

They're FREE!.... but only if you Pre-Order now!

For the Republic

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfix Tomorrow
4. Re: Diablo III Hotfix Tomorrow Oct 22, 2012, 16:13 Trevellian

So is THIS the patch that makes the game not suck and gets rid of the RMAH?  

For the Republic

News Comments > Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed?
18. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC Revealed? Oct 19, 2012, 01:13 Trevellian

nin wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 15:38:
jacobvandy wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 14:50:
Demon skagg? Take cover behind the little side panel of the elevator. You cannot be hit by anything she does there.

That's how I did it. I would still, in very random cases, get knocked out of my spot once or twice a fight, and but as long as you get your ass back over there, and have enough HP (I was in the upper 20s), it's an easy (but time consuming) kill.

edit: How you're supposed to beat her without doing that is beyond me...

Really can't help you guys with that one at all. Since I played the entirety of PT1 and PT2 with 4 people... She was rather easy, one person kites 3 people shoot. I really don't understand your obsessions with soloing a game that... while able to be solo'd... was really meant to be a great COOP experience. But to each their own.

Side Note: After about 500 Warrior kills (Yes... seriously... It's a rough estimate really, or moreso "Guessing"... 2-3 minute kills for 10 hours straight on multiple occasions...) I finally got a goddamn Conference Call shotgun... Gearbox really... really needs to do something about drop rates. That is absolutely absurd that it should take that long to get anything... But anyway, with a CC and Bee shield... you can solo Terramorphous. Fun times!

For the Republic

News Comments > Path of Exile Act 3 Details
9. Re: Path of Exile Act 3 Details Oct 17, 2012, 12:53 Trevellian

I found this game incredibly boring and mundane from the start. Cram hit it spot on with the Poor mans FFX Sphere Grid. It's great for players who understand it, which I immediately got the hang of having played FF, but I could see where someone who has never seen anything like it before would hate it.

The fact of the matter is I play games for entertainment, and PoE has absolutely no entertainment value for me. The story is nonexistant, it's still an RPG, it still needs a damn good story. Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 are BOTH vastly superior in that department and have thus completely captivated my attention, PoE will never manage that.

For the Republic

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty
74. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 17, 2012, 12:09 Trevellian

Creston wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 12:01:
Trevellian wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 11:27:

It definitely helps... for instance, Gaige's Interspersed Outburst (Which the very first shot slags the target) allows me to do this:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=103089596
With a Tediore Reload after firing 1 bullet. Yep. Ridiculous I know. But so so beautiful to see that number pop up.

At first I was like "4806... that's what he's getting all excited about?"

Then I saw the K next to it. LOL

So to be honest, no it's not really NEEDED if you have The Bee you'll dominate most minor enemies in a few shots anyway. But on a boss... 4.8 Million damage is a big deal. And without Slag it only does 2.4 million or so... boo hoo I know.

Of course, this is at level 50 with ultra items. At that point the game kind of becomes ridiculous anyway.

Btw, does the DLC increase the level cap? Anyone know?

Creston

It does not, but if you're level 50 and do it all the mobs level up to the standard finished with the game 49-52. And any Blue or Higher quest rewards level up to 50. Got a blue shotgun I thought was going to be cool till i fired it and hurt myself... fucking Gearbox trolls.

For the Republic

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty
72. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 17, 2012, 11:27 Trevellian

Creston wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 08:01:
How important is slag in TVHM? I figured it's really important, but by the time you've gotten someone slagged and switched weapons, it's either almost already run out again, or you're dead from focusing on one enemy so much...

Creston

It definitely helps... for instance, Gaige's Interspersed Outburst (Which the very first shot slags the target) allows me to do this:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=103089596
With a Tediore Reload after firing 1 bullet. Yep. Ridiculous I know. But so so beautiful to see that number pop up.

Granted Interspersed Outburst doesn't help you at all on Zero... I think my buddy actually just relies on me to Slag the targets honestly... either that or he switches to a Slag Sniper... I dunno really.

So to be honest, no it's not really NEEDED if you have The Bee you'll dominate most minor enemies in a few shots anyway. But on a boss... 4.8 Million damage is a big deal. And without Slag it only does 2.4 million or so... boo hoo I know.

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 2012, 11:53.

For the Republic

67. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 16, 2012, 23:31 Trevellian

Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 23:24:
Thanks for the build, and the tips, all. I actually got that same level 4 orange grenade of Boom Bewm with my PT1 commando (again underscoring my point that my SOLO characters are getting much better drops than my multi-first-now-solo characters,) so they do drop low level versions of stuff. I may check on Hellquist to see if he drops a lower level Bee. And yeah, that's a really crazy awesome shield.

Creston

Be forwarned, although it is an OP shield if you're not getting hit. You most likely WILL die a lot with it. I know I have. In fact with my Mechro, I started using Tediore Electric SMG's, just so if I got downed I could fire 1 bullet and chuck the gun at their face to get myself back up quickly, it took me awhile to figure out I could do this, don't know why. But now that I've grown accustomed to it all i carry is Tediore SMG's and Hyperion Shotguns. An electric and Caustic of each. Electric mostly because the Mechro gets so many bonuses to it. On the Siren I more carry Fire and Caustic. Neither class really has a reason to carry a Slag weapon fortunately, Sirens Phaselock handles that for me, and Mechro's Interspersed Outburst handles it for her.

For the Republic

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DOOM 3: BFG Edition
5. Re: It's console Doom 3! Oct 16, 2012, 23:25 Trevellian

hb3d wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 23:11:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 22:54:
Is this the edition that nobody asked for or wanted?
I've always played games exclusively on the PC including the original releases of all of the Doom games, and having tried this "improved" version of the game I can now say that I know what it feels like to own an XBOX360 or a Playstation 3. This new version doesn't even support mods or existing third-party maps because Bethesda/id changed the archive file format for the game. There is no command console either.

Or does it include duct tape?
Yes, in that you can turn on the flashlight at any time while still holding your weapon although there is no visible flashlight model.

And if you already own DOOM 3 on Steam, between now and November 13th you can save $10 on your purchase.
This needs to be changed to "And if you already own DOOM 3 on Steam, play that version and save your money." The only thing you're missing out on besides the consolitis are the "Lost" levels, and from what I have played so far, they should have stayed lost.

Or you know, it could have been "And if you already own Doom 3 on Steam, and Doom 2, and Doom 1, and Resurrection, and the TNT and Plutonia pack... etc etc etc. Here is your goddamn free copy of Doom 3 BFG edition cause you already gave us more than enough money". They're certainly not getting any more out of me.

For the Republic

65. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 16, 2012, 23:14 Trevellian

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 23:09:
I had completely forgotten about that shield... I'd heard of it before and how freakishly good it is, but never got around to finding it. So just now I killed Hunter about 5 times and got one: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=103108242

I don't know what it was like before, but you can compare to see if they nerfed it yet. I'm guessing no, because it is awesome, though the delay is long enough to screw you if you get caught up in the action.

My thought process is that the 5.46 second delay (Which mine has as well) may have been the nerf cause I could have sworn I saw someone on Youtube 3 shot The Warrior with it and a shitty blue shotgun at one point. So it may be possible the nerf was done awhile ago, as that Twitter Post from Pitchford is old and it said "next patch"

Either way, it's still a badass shield as it is right now. You just literally have to "Float like a butterfly, Sting like a Bee" to use it. And not get caught up in a slugfest.

For the Republic

63. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 16, 2012, 22:40 Trevellian

Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 20:30:
Trevellian wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 19:41:

Try switching Specs, if you like Sniping I understand. So does my buddy Tulka thats all he was doing... till he looked up a Cunning build and now uses a Pistol or SMG, and uses Death Mark and Death Blossom and can stay invisible 90% of the time and 2 shot even badasses a lot of the time. It was hard for him to move away from the sniping but it made the game a lot more fun for him.

There is one specific thing that may help even more. Farm Hunter Helquivst for his "The Bee" legendary shield. You'll thank me later. As it will let you pretty much kill The Warrior on TVHM with Zero in 30 seconds with the Kunai Blades and a decent Shotgun.

Can you link me to this cunning build?

And does Helquist drop that shield in PT1 too? Is it even worth farming for it in PT1?

Creston

http://www.bl2skills.com/assassin.html#503501500050505145010000000000
This is the build he is currently using, he has a True Shot class mod that gives +3 to Optics and +3 to Precision and Team Accuracy 28%
His is more of a Medium Range Kunai Knives build. It requires a decent SMG, Shotgun or AR, which shouldn't be hard to come by, he doesn't do the Melee Cunning build, but he still deals some serious damage.

I'm pretty sure he drops a PT1 version of it as well. Most of the bosses drop a PT1 version of their legendaries from what I've seen, I've gotten a level 4 legendary grenade mod off Boom Bewm, on my Mechro's PT1. As someone said they probably will nerf The Bee a bit, but it will still be a great shield. My guess is they will make the Delay longer so you have to stay in cover longer to get the charge.

It should be noted he said his Class Mod isn't the best but it's all he had, and the Terramorphous one wasn't any better for the spec.

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2012, 23:04.

For the Republic

56. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty Oct 16, 2012, 19:41 Trevellian

Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 19:34:
Prez wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 19:14:
I think there MIGHT be a bug with a character that played multi and is then used solo, because I get MUCH, MUCH better drops on characters where I only played solo.)

That would be crazy if true because it's the direct opposite of how it's supposed to work. I know I was having a hard time finding good drops - in 60-plus hours I came across only 3 orange items in singleplayer (and one of them I bought from a machine).

I started with a Gunzerker. He found what I THOUGHT was a purple at level 7, turned out be an E-Tech gun actually, while playing solo. I then switched him to multi for awhile when I needed to join people who were the same level as him. Found decent stuff in multi for him. Then went back to playing him solo. Found absolutely shit. Like literally had bosses dropping nothing but fucking whites and two shitty greens.

Played a Siren mostly multi with my buddy from the start of the game. We found pretty decent stuff, so she was doing well. We didn't find much for him, but okay, at least stuff was dropping. I went to play her solo for awhile, and she found absolutely nothing for 3 to 4 levels. Played her with my buddy again and the drops were better, but nothing that really worked for her playstyle. I've stopped playing her now until he's back on, because in solo she isn't finding shit.

My assassin in solo found good stuff. Like really good weapons, and the entire playthrough was really a breeze except for the Mutated Varkid and the Badass Pyre Thresher (and the occasional other retarded "HAHA U DIED IN 2 HITZ LULZ WE R TEH GEARBOX HUMOR SKWAD!!!" monster, such as that demon Skag in the Outlaw / Sheriff town. I couldn't beat that thing until I got a triple homing plague grenade from Mortar. 24 grenades which each did like 4000 acid damage finally managed to kill her. Yeah, no, great monster to try to fight with guns that do 120 damage per shot, Gearbox...)

But then he got stuck in TVHM, where he found nothing new, and I was trying to make my way to sanctuary with the stuff I had from the first playthrough, and it was just a really aggravating chore. I like that they made it more difficult, but having to empty two fucking clips of a SNIPER RIFLE to kill a single bullymong is just stupid. It took me around 4 hours to make it to Sanctuary, during which I lost 300K or so in ress fees and ammo. (I had to buy like 100K in grenades just to kill Flynt, because he was impossible to kill with the weapons I had. An entire clip from my sniper moved his health bar by MAYBE half a mm.)

I finally found some better stuff once I got to sanctuary, (first sniper rifle upgrade I got increased my damage by like 90%) but I find TVHM in general just to be too much about corner shooting and strategically picking off stragglers than just going in and having a good time shooting the shit out of guys like in PT1. I feel they went TOO far with the difficulty level. Maybe zero isn't a good character for it, I dunno. My infinite melee build worked beautifully in PT1, and in TVHM I can't kill a single mook with melee. Yes, I can respec the build and just become a sniper, but eh. Maybe dual-turret guy would work better.

And my commando isn't very far yet (level 12 or so), but he's finding reasonable stuff. Of course, his turret is so kick-ass hard that he hardly really ever gets stuck anywhere where monsters are too hard.

So out of my own personal experience, I can say that characters I've played multi and then go solo find nada, zilch, nothing, zip, and characters who have ONLY played solo find good stuff.

It's a small sample size, I know. It still seems highly peculiar.

Creston

Try switching Specs, if you like Sniping I understand. So does my buddy Tulka thats all he was doing... till he looked up a Cunning build and now uses a Pistol or SMG, and uses Death Mark and Death Blossom and can stay invisible 90% of the time and 2 shot even badasses a lot of the time. It was hard for him to move away from the sniping but it made the game a lot more fun for him.

There is one specific thing that may help even more. Farm Hunter Helquivst for his "The Bee" legendary shield. You'll thank me later. As it will let you pretty much kill The Warrior on TVHM with Zero in 30 seconds with the Kunai Blades and a decent Shotgun.

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2012, 19:48.

For the Republic

963 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo