Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 963 (Graduate)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods
29. Re: PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods Nov 28, 2012, 16:26 Trevellian

Tumbler wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 15:24:
Right now the biggest technical problem with this game is lag and fps. When there are lot of players on screen, it's like all your shots don't register against your enemies, you have to empty whole clips into people to kill them. While in smaller battles, each shot seems to register and hit.

Just ran into this a min ago. Thought I'd pop in for a quick game, deployed to a based under attack, went to capture a flag. Got it, then went to a corner, crouched, and waited. (I knew someone would come running in to check on it) A few moments later someone comes in, runs right in front of me, I'm aiming down the sites, hvy with reflex scope, top tier gun, plus 2nd grip, open up on this guy into his back, he spins and starts straffing back and forth, I pop on my energy shield ability and he kills me.

There would be no chance if lag wasn't so screwed up in the game. You're better off moving while you fire which is stupid. You shouldn't be accurate when you're standing and moving around but with the way lag works the enemy player needs to lead you by a small amount in the direction you're moving so that means shooting at the air and when you straff back and forth it almost makes more sense to just spray back and forth.

Shotguns are hilarious up close. It should end someone with ease but since you only get one shot to hit someone if you do't predict where they'l be in half a second you're just blasting away at them and you should be hitting but you aren't.

Ugh, so frustrating. It's not very common, in most cases you're at a decent range but when it does happen it sucks.

Pro Tip: Try aiming for the head, Planetside 2 actually has headshots. There is no reason you should ever be killed for putting bullets into someones "Back". Put them in the back of the head.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods
27. Re: PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods Nov 28, 2012, 16:24 Trevellian

J wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 12:39:
How are the TR going to win now?

Don't know what server you play on but on Waterson we (TR) had all 3 continents locked for over 24 hours about a day ago. The only competition on the server is Xen of Onslaught and DVS. Everyone else is pretty much scrubfactor.

For the Republic

News Comments > ACE COMBAT: ASSAULT HORIZON PC Plans
6. Re: ACE COMBAT: ASSAULT HORIZON PC Plans Nov 27, 2012, 22:53 Trevellian

Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation was by far the last and best entry into the series. One of the few reasons I kept my 360 as long as I did. Unfortunately it was also 360 exclusive.

And yes Assault Horizon was pretty freaking terrible, you could tell just from the weak demo and the addition of the helicopter segments that were complete and utter trash and not what the Ace Combat series was about. They went from being a proper arcade air combat game that was amazing to trying to be the COD of flight games with Assault Horizon. Just one more reason COD's influence on the gaming universe as a whole needs to disappear.

For the Republic

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
3. Re: Morning Screenshots Nov 27, 2012, 15:44 Trevellian

Still looks awful and still has an awful title.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's God Game Kickstarter
6. Re: Peter Molyneux's God Game Kickstarter Nov 21, 2012, 16:02 Trevellian

Good luck with that.  

For the Republic

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Launches
25. Re: PlanetSide 2 Launches Nov 21, 2012, 08:49 Trevellian

Only 13 members of my Outfit were able to get downloaded (Due to connection speed/when they got of work, not due to server issues) and connected last night. But even with 13 people we were able to run some pretty damaging Ops.

We had 2 hour long massive battles inside of Bio Labs (Probably the hardest base to siege) One was Defense, One was Offense. Both were amazingly fun battles. We had some other great skirmishes against enemy squads over outposts and such when we were trying to hold a few outposts that gave us Influence to 2 bases trying to help the zerg out.

We had time to run some vehicles as well. We ran a 3 Liberator bomber squadron with Skyguard cover on the ground which mopped up a lot of kills. We also managed to get a 6 Prowler tank column rolling with a Sundy Ammo dispenser running support that pushed front lines quite a bit.

Those of you having issues dropping in or Deploying to hotspots this is your issue with the game. You are what those of us who run dedicated Outfits/Squads call "Fodder" We let the Zerg run the frontline while we run ops on outlying Outposts to create Influence and opportunity. This is a Team Game in every sense of the word. Planetside was designed around Outfits/Clans in mind, not Lone Wolf players. Sure you can Lone Wolf in a base fight and do alright, but if you really want to enjoy the full potential of the game you need to be in a dedicated outfit.

For the Republic

News Comments > Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC "Up for Consideration"
45. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC "Up for Consideration" Nov 19, 2012, 15:54 Trevellian

Guess my purchase of your game is "Up for Consideration" then. Way to lose sales.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Hitman: Absolution Reviews
36. Re: Hitman: Absolution Reviews Nov 19, 2012, 11:52 Trevellian

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 04:35:
Trevellian wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 23:18:
Adam Sessler of old Xplay fame has found his way to doing video reviews on the internet. Thank goodness for that because I loved the guy.

From his Review as far as I can tell he mentions 3 things repeatedly. Massive Levels, Multiple Paths and Methods, Plays like a Hitman Game.
Massive levels? Seems dubious considering other reviews specifically mention that levels are broken up into multiple sections, likely because of limitations relating to consoles.

Trevellian wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 23:18:
I find PC Gamers review hard to believe based on his Video Review, which, you know. Has Video evidence... and such.
I'm sorry but you're in denial. Just watch the Gametrailers video review - which, you know, has video evidence - that was posted earlier, as they slate the game. Wanting a game to be good doesn't make it good.

PS - I could barely watch any of that Adam Sessler video; he strikes me as a pretentious prick. If you trust his opinion then I would suggesting that gaming isn't really for you.

Maybe gaming isn't for me?

Maybe you should go eat a giant fucking cock for all care. Who the fuck are you to tell me that gaming isn't for me?

I've been gaming since original NES. PC gaming since Keen. Who the fuck are you to tell me what is right or wrong for me to like?

You're going to personally attack me because I happen to like a reviewer and tell me I'm in denial?

Sounds like you're the real pretentious fucking prick here asshole.

TL:DR? Fuck you

For the Republic

24. Re: Hitman: Absolution Reviews Nov 18, 2012, 23:18 Trevellian

Adam Sessler of old Xplay fame has found his way to doing video reviews on the internet. Thank goodness for that because I loved the guy.

From his Review as far as I can tell he mentions 3 things repeatedly. Massive Levels, Multiple Paths and Methods, Plays like a Hitman Game.

He also mentions the more Hardcore Mode where there is no instinct trails, no ammo counter, and barely even a crosshair. While he does still mention the Cons, the shoddy checkpoint system, being punished for killing at random.

All in all it looks and sounds like a Hitman game to me from his review.

I find PC Gamers review hard to believe based on his Video Review, which, you know. Has Video evidence... and such.

This comment was edited on Nov 18, 2012, 23:35.

For the Republic

9. Re: Hitman: Absolution Reviews Nov 18, 2012, 16:56 Trevellian

A review from someone who isn't paid to play games for a living and isn't jaded.

I don't need "Scores" I need to know how the game plays.

For the Republic

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Nov 15, 2012, 21:17 Trevellian

I love Hitman, and already had Absolution pre-ordered. His gameplay just made me want the game even more...  

For the Republic

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer
31. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 13:32 Trevellian

They can either announce a PC edition or keep their game. I've ended up buying every other GTA twice because they want to release the PC version later. So I end up buying the damn console version cause I love the series, then end up buying it again on a Steam sale with all the DLC so me and my friends can dick around online in freeroam (Lets be honest here the whopping 3 Coop missions they gave in 4 where pretty shit).

So I'm only buying the damn game once this time.

For the Republic

News Comments > CoH2, Metro Last Light, and South Park Game Delayed
6. Re: CoH2, Metro Last Light, and South Park Game Delayed Nov 5, 2012, 22:00 Trevellian

They need to release more COH, Saints Row, and Dawn of War, and avoid crap like Space Marine.

Hell ffs, you guys bought the rights to it, let Relic bust out a Homeworld 3 and I guarantee it would sell.

For the Republic

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Rumors
14. Re: Battlefield 4 Rumors Nov 4, 2012, 20:16 Trevellian

I hear it will have guns. And that it still won't be as massive scale as Planetside 2.  

For the Republic

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Oct 31, 2012, 22:38 Trevellian

TotalBiscuit sums up my feelings on MoH, COD and BF campaigns quite nicely...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOHyD49DaeA

For the Republic

News Comments > Dark Horizons Kickstarter
2. Re: Dark Horizons Kickstarter Oct 31, 2012, 22:36 Trevellian

mag wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 16:14:
...saying they are creating the projects in their spare time in between contracts.

Heh. Not a chance. Watched too many part-time projects fail.

Not only that but it looks especially terrible considering MWO and Hawken are both already coming and have superb looking engines and gameplay.

For the Republic

News Comments > Out of the Blue
95. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 17:52 Trevellian

nin wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 17:48:
NegaDeath wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 17:17:
Kosumo wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 17:00:
Wow - Disney has brought Lucusart (or film) and gonna make new Star Wars movies.

Disney - Star Wars

.......what?

Did not see that coming. Not even remotely.

Is it April 1? Did I stroke out for 6 months?

Seriously. I'm shocked at the moment...everything screams this can't be happening, and yet it seems to be.

edit:
Lucas said in a statement, "it's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers".

Um, that's actually a good thing.

it's an INFINITELY good thing for Star Wars fans that he will no longer be involved ever again.

I have no fears of Disney anymore after Tron Legacy and their ownership of Marvel has resulted in nothing but good movies.

Side Thought: 2015 leaves plenty of time for Joss Whedon to finish Avengers 2 in time to direct Star Wars 7.... BONERBONERBONERBONERBONER

For the Republic

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Early
11. Re: Natural Selection 2 Early Oct 30, 2012, 09:09 Trevellian

The game is excellent, it has made huge leaps and bounds since the early stages last year and the year before. (I bought my copy a long long time ago).

I bought my copy for 35 during a Christmas special, where it was Buy 1 Get 1 Free. Gave the copy to my buddy. Recently Steam gave me a copy to gift, and my buddy who didn't even pay for the game. So all in all I got 4 Copies out of 35 bucks. I cannot complain.

It's fun, there haven't been many people on to play with, a few full servers a night, but that was mainly due to the fact only people who bought it ages ago got Beta/Early access, so I can't wait for the numbers of people playing to expand with the official release.

For the Republic

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Trailer
5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Trailer Oct 29, 2012, 16:10 Trevellian

Even in their live action trailers the game still looks fucking brown. Stop perpetuating this garbage.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Star Citizen Stretch Goals
25. Re: Star Citizen Stretch Goals Oct 28, 2012, 06:01 Trevellian

Slashman wrote on Oct 28, 2012, 02:29:
Prez wrote on Oct 28, 2012, 01:13:
After thinking about it, it just doesn't seem feasible that this can be a persistent online space game like 'Eve Online' and still have any real singleplayer (the only part I'm interested in) to speak of. As excited as I was when I heard that Chris Roberts was making a space sim (I played Freelancer for about a thousand hours), it pains me to say that I won't be backing this.

I'm squarely with Prez and Cutter on this(who would have ever thought I'd be typing that sentence?).

Chris Roberts, despite being Chris Roberts, cannot deliver two equally satisfying experiences in the same game when dealing with something like an open-world space sim.

Just the fact that so many of the rewards and goals give players more powerful gear and better ships is disturbing enough as is.

He's saying something on one hand and then doing something else on the other. It doesn't add up.

Neither of you guys make any sense with these comments... especially considering you envoke Freelancer. Freelancer did exactly that, it had a great story/mission driven single player game, and an open do whatever the fuck you want EVE Online style multiplayer (Granted with only like 32 players). You're contradicting yourselves just by mentioning Freelancer and saying he can't deliver both...

For the Republic

963 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo