Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 963 (Graduate)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced
23. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced Dec 18, 2012, 17:18 Trevellian

This game is bad, and they should feel bad.

Especially if they're Star Wars fans and think they're doing the EU any sort of justice.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve Living Room PCs Next Year?
50. Re: Valve Living Room PCs Next Year? Dec 10, 2012, 01:12 Trevellian

Prez wrote on Dec 9, 2012, 20:16:
Trevellian wrote on Dec 9, 2012, 19:41:
Sepharo wrote on Dec 9, 2012, 16:50:
If it makes PC gaming easier for the masses I'm for it.

Though I would argue that PC gaming is already pretty damn easy these days.

Please no. I'd appreciate if the Brotards stuck to their console COD slop and left the PC gaming to intelligent people.

"Here we see the curious, solitary animal known as the "PC Elitist" in a web forum, its natural habitat! Look how he encircles his prey with insults and silly, baseless arrogance before he pounces! This is amazing!"

Too bad you can't type in an Australian accent - it would have given it a more authentic nature show feel.

I'm hardly a PC Elitist. I have my PS3 and I play many games on it. It was more of a jab at the fact that the majority of the console fanbase are now Brotards thanks to games like COD. There is a reason why specific genre's such as the Eastern RPG (FF, Dragon Quest, Star Ocean etc) have all but died out on the current generation of consoles when on the original Playstation when it was still "Not cool" to be a gamer they flourished. In fact the short attention span of the Brotard led to things like the streamlining of the more recent Final Fantasy's which pissed off a lot of it's original followers. Feel free to disagree with me if you'd like. But I am correct. PC Gaming feels like the last bastion against stupidity sometimes... and even that is stretching it.

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2012, 01:30.

For the Republic

News Comments > Valve Living Room PCs Next Year?
41. Re: Valve Living Room PCs Next Year? Dec 9, 2012, 19:41 Trevellian

Sepharo wrote on Dec 9, 2012, 16:50:
If it makes PC gaming easier for the masses I'm for it.

Though I would argue that PC gaming is already pretty damn easy these days.

Please no. I'd appreciate if the Brotards stuck to their console COD slop and left the PC gaming to intelligent people.

For the Republic

News Comments > Black Ops II Sells $1B in 15 Days
47. Re: Black Ops II Sells $1B in 15 Days Dec 5, 2012, 23:22 Trevellian

netnerd85 wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 21:56:
Trevellian wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 13:34:
netnerd85 wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 12:37:
Trevellian wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 12:23:
Surely you jest? RAGE was a travesty.
Why do you say that? The enemies were fun to kill, the shotgun was a pleasure to use... where's the issue?

Or do you prefer cutscenes and a dramatic story line where US soldiers shoot enemies with AK47's?

I love people like you who immediately assume if someone dislikes a game, they obviously like COD. The truth is quite the opposite, my game of choice (quite obviously really if you had noticed my signature) is Planetside 2. I was a strong fan of id software, I still play Doom and Doom 2, I'd like more FPS games to be like the original Quake when it comes to multiplayer. I far and away hate COD and everything it stands for, both for the FPS world and for the gaming industry in general as it is a festering cancer that is destroying developers with a "Me too" mentality who try to strive for it's "Right place, right time" success, much like MMO's strive for Blizzards "Right place, right time" success.

My issues with RAGE are:
-The textures were shit, and this was supposed to be id's new flagship title, to show off the Tech5 engine.
-The game was short, way to short to have such a craptastic ending with no id style Boss Fight.
-The car combat was meh at best, and entirely out of place.
-The game had too much of a "Me too" feel when compared to a certain much better post apocalyptic setting FPS with a bazillion guns and better coop to play with my friends... which actually had id style Boss Fights.
-No id style multiplayer, while the car combat was amusing for about an hour with friends, it was nowhere near or as good as a straight up car combat game like Interstate '76

id needs to go back to making original Doom/Quake style shooters if they want to get me interested in their company again. I want complex maps and routes with lots of enemies to shoot at in huge gunfights (While I'm on the subject, something else Borderlands did better)

The game fell short of what any id fan expected it to be. Much like Doom 3 did.

There are many Non-COD FPS's out there that are decent, Hard Reset and Blacklight Retribution come to mind, as well as my beloved Planetside 2. While most people hated it, I actually got really into Bulletstorms story and gameplay, I loved it as much as I did any Doom or Quake infact. Mirror's Edge, you didn't even use Guns (if you chose not to anyway) and the single player was more compelling than RAGE. Natural Selection 2 is another great example of an FPS done right and it doesn't even have single player. Hell, Chivalry isn't even an FPS, it's an FPSword game, and it feels more like Quake multiplayer than RAGE did even in it's Single Player state, and thats pretty pathetic on id's part.
You know the modern MOH and Battlefield games get away with being horrible way too often. It's not that COD is the root of all evil. All games set in modern day war zones just don't do it (its not really the setting either it's just how they make FPS games). The first COD game was a breath of fresh air, no FPS was that fast paced and frantic - most of us enjoyed it at the time. Since then, No thanks.

I can understand your issues with RAGE, the art style is very different. Personally I love the look of RAGE and think it's pure ART and quiet beautiful. There was no boss fight, that was shit, indeed a huge WTF moment. The game was 20+ hours for me, not overly short for an FPS. Short for an "open-world" game but it wasn't really an open world game it was more traditional - just no corridors.

As for all the id software stuff. Never really liked Doom or Quake the original games. More of a Wolf 3D and Duke Nukem fan until Quake 4. The original Quake game was much loved, my brother used to crap on about it all the time. I thought it was brown and boring, same with Doom although I like it better. They just... weren't WW2y or Dukey enough for me.

Still yet to play Doom 3, it's on the shelve.

Hard Reset is awesome and probably better than RAGE as an FPS. But RAGE has it's place - I just don't know what that is. It's not a pure FPS, it's not open world, it doesn't have tradition graphics but I thought it was enjoyable. More people need to buy Hard Reset. [Edit] Metro 2033 was a good surprised, didn't like the ending but still good.

Saints Row The Third. Very fun COOP. Not a GTA3+ fan at all.

Dead Island. Are you serious? very fun COOP (at least with partner). The end section was boring for me though.

You know what the truly sad thing about Quake 4 was? It would have made a better Doom sequel than Doom 3 did, just replace all the Strogg stuff with Demons. It played more like a Doom game, the weapons felt more like a Doom game. But the truly, truly sad part about that? Was it was developed by Raven and not id. Meaning Raven knows how to stay truer to the Doom gameplay than id does.

For the Republic

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Calls Out & Bans "Scumbag"
40. Re: PlanetSide 2 Calls Out & Bans Dec 5, 2012, 19:42 Trevellian

Swiffle wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 18:04:
I'm on NC/Waterson. I can think of 3 TR i've seen clearly hacking speedbotting/aimhacking, as well as 2 VS players. One of the VS players was near the top of the leaderboard, and had just passed me after posting a couple hundred kills in merely an hour. Leaderboards were disabled since then. I haven't played much in the last few days though, so I'm not sure if they're still around.

- Swiffle

Being TR myself it would be harder for me to pick out TR hackers as they aren't shooting at me then. My NC Kills also outnumber my Vanu kills by about 4x. So I have lack of experience with the VS on Waterson. We usually end up butting heads with DVS wherever they are, I see them the most.

For the Republic

30. Re: PlanetSide 2 Calls Out & Bans Dec 5, 2012, 16:22 Trevellian

Creston wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 15:51:
Verno wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 15:09:
In any MMO game losing your account is a big deal, I wouldn't want all of my certs / etc gone. I certainly wouldn't want to lose all of my certs / etc. IP bans can affect others and be really unfair.

But you value your certs and achievements and whatever because you actually worked/played for them. How does this translate to a cheater? He (she) cheated his way to them, so what does he care about losing them? Create a new account, cheat your way back to them.

I think the mindset of someone who cheats and gets that self-validation through seeing his score at the top, even though he knows it's unfair, wouldn't be that interested in the long-term stuff, especially if you can just get it back again.

Of course, I am no psychiatrist by any means.

Creston

The difference here is there is no way for a "cheater" to reach the top of the Leaderboards in Planetside 2.
The Leaderboards are based on overall Score. It is impossible for a cheater to amass the score needed to reach rank #1 without cheating for days worth of playtime at this point and they would have to not get caught, which is extremely extremely unlikely.

Meaning the only reason to cheat in Planetside 2 is to be a troll and frustrate other people, and has nothing to do with seeing their name up top. Which means these people have deeper issues.

And again as I said, I've not seen anyone I could legitimately accuse of cheating as of yet (personally) I'm sure other people have, either that or they just suck at the game and accuse anyone who gets the drop on them of cheating. There are definitely people ON the leaderboards with like a K:D of 1800:17 I find to be quite suspicious, but given the games nature if you can somehow manage to keep a Liberator up for long periods of time without getting shot down it is plausible, I know I have gone on 80+ Kill streaks as the bomber with us not getting shot down.

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 2012, 16:29.

For the Republic

18. Re: PlanetSide 2 Calls Out & Bans Dec 5, 2012, 13:46 Trevellian

Fion wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 13:28:
That is one out of potentially thousands. I run into people using speed hacks or auto-hit hacks almost every day. Combined with the 'huge' problem of each continent being controlled by one faction with 10% pop from others, I've basically stopped playing until they both fix the hacking problems and find a solution to the population issues.

Oh and lgFreiss, that is one of the more common 'hacks'. Combined with a speed hack it makes killing those people impossible. I used to only see them once in a while, now if I spend an hour online I'll encounter half a dozen.

What server are you playing on? On Waterson we have constant even 3 way battles on every continent most nights. There is no problem with Population, most nights the larger Outfits on a faction decide they're going to go for a specific continent Benefit and they push it hard till the other factions abandon the continent due to sheer numbers or better tactics, but you'll find even battles on the other 2 continents almost all the time.

And I've said this in another thread and I'll say it again, since release I play at average probably 4-5 hours on days when I work, and probably upwards of 10 hours on my day off, and have still not encountered 1 person I could clearly accuse of hacking.

For the Republic

26. Re: Black Ops II Sells $1B in 15 Days Dec 5, 2012, 13:34 Trevellian

netnerd85 wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 12:37:
Trevellian wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 12:23:
Surely you jest? RAGE was a travesty.
Why do you say that? The enemies were fun to kill, the shotgun was a pleasure to use... where's the issue?

Or do you prefer cutscenes and a dramatic story line where US soldiers shoot enemies with AK47's?

I love people like you who immediately assume if someone dislikes a game, they obviously like COD. The truth is quite the opposite, my game of choice (quite obviously really if you had noticed my signature) is Planetside 2. I was a strong fan of id software, I still play Doom and Doom 2, I'd like more FPS games to be like the original Quake when it comes to multiplayer. I far and away hate COD and everything it stands for, both for the FPS world and for the gaming industry in general as it is a festering cancer that is destroying developers with a "Me too" mentality who try to strive for it's "Right place, right time" success, much like MMO's strive for Blizzards "Right place, right time" success.

My issues with RAGE are:
-The textures were shit, and this was supposed to be id's new flagship title, to show off the Tech5 engine.
-The game was short, way to short to have such a craptastic ending with no id style Boss Fight.
-The car combat was meh at best, and entirely out of place.
-The game had too much of a "Me too" feel when compared to a certain much better post apocalyptic setting FPS with a bazillion guns and better coop to play with my friends... which actually had id style Boss Fights.
-No id style multiplayer, while the car combat was amusing for about an hour with friends, it was nowhere near or as good as a straight up car combat game like Interstate '76

id needs to go back to making original Doom/Quake style shooters if they want to get me interested in their company again. I want complex maps and routes with lots of enemies to shoot at in huge gunfights (While I'm on the subject, something else Borderlands did better)

The game fell short of what any id fan expected it to be. Much like Doom 3 did.

There are many Non-COD FPS's out there that are decent, Hard Reset and Blacklight Retribution come to mind, as well as my beloved Planetside 2. While most people hated it, I actually got really into Bulletstorms story and gameplay, I loved it as much as I did any Doom or Quake infact. Mirror's Edge, you didn't even use Guns (if you chose not to anyway) and the single player was more compelling than RAGE. Natural Selection 2 is another great example of an FPS done right and it doesn't even have single player. Hell, Chivalry isn't even an FPS, it's an FPSword game, and it feels more like Quake multiplayer than RAGE did even in it's Single Player state, and thats pretty pathetic on id's part.

This comment was edited on Dec 5, 2012, 14:12.

For the Republic

18. Re: Black Ops II Sells $1B in 15 Days Dec 5, 2012, 12:23 Trevellian

netnerd85 wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 12:19:
Cutter wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 11:47:
Let the masses have their schlock. Someone somewhere else will eventually make a good shooter again.
It's called RAGE or...

Try a budget shooter once in a while, you will be surprised.

Surely you jest? RAGE was a travesty. And the multiplayer isn't even FPS (Fun, but not FPS).

For the Republic

11. Re: PlanetSide 2 Calls Out & Bans Dec 5, 2012, 12:19 Trevellian

LgFriess wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 10:56:
Experienced what I assume was my first cheater last night. Could have just been very bad lag on his part though. He was chasing me around a capture point and whenever I would try to shoot him, he would blink all around the screen, finally ending up to my right flank and killing me. I didn't outright claim hacking in general chat though as I'm not sure how a super laggy player would appear. It was very suspicious though.

Honestly this most likely just sounds like overseas bad connection lag to me. We have a buddy in our Outfit that we know is not cheating, he is simply stationed in Afghanistan. We watch his name bounce around towers all the time. It's rather amusing, though I am sure frustrating to enemy players. It's the only connection they have available on their base though, not really his fault.

For the Republic

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition & Free DLC
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition & Free DLC Dec 3, 2012, 15:47 Trevellian

I've been interested in this game for some time as I'm a huge fan of Sins of a Solar Empire, but everything I read was lackluster on SOTS. SO I ended up passing every time I saw it on sale. Especially since it has a fairly low Metascore on Steam. Does this Enhanced Edition fix enough of the issues people had with it to make it a worthy game to play? I found the ship building part interesting and wish Sins had it.  

For the Republic

News Comments > SOE on PlanetSide 2 in 2025
47. Re: SMITE Adding New Mode Dec 2, 2012, 18:57 Trevellian

Nate wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 15:08:
Richie wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 14:00:
Mark my words. This games servers will be dead empty in a couple months.

Its F2P, therefore it can't die. They might not make any money on it and decide to pull the plug. That could happen.

Someone mentioned cheat hacks becoming an issue. This could drive people away to some extent but it'd have to become a very large problem.

I played the beta and had some fun. Then I stopped playing. The endless base capture merry-go-round lost its appeal.

I play hours upon hours per day. Am usually a top 200 Points per Day player. I have not seen 1 hacker. Whoever said there were "Tons of hackers killing the game" is entirely full of shit.

This isn't to say there aren't trolls who like to be douches in the warpgate with Galaxy's and try to flip other people over. But that happens in any F2P game, trolls are just a given.

For the Republic

31. Re: SOE on PlanetSide 2 in 2025 Dec 2, 2012, 04:03 Trevellian

Overon wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 03:28:
There is nothing quite like PS2, this is true. However even on radeon 7950's and i7 processors on 64 bit Windows 7, there are terrible FPS problems in large fights, and worse than bad fps, is horrible non registering weapons.

While their AMD support has been outright terrible, and it's taxing on many machines. I don't know anyone with an i7 and a 680 GTX who has had issues. i7 and other lower GPU's, definitely.

I myself run 2 6870's in Crossfire, and a Phenom 2 3.6GHz Quad Core. And after some fiddling around the other night, I've overclocked the graphics cards by about 10% each, and Overclocked my processor to 4.0GHz, as well as installed the AMD 12.11 Beta 8 drivers (Which have Planetside Crossfire support in them) and have since had fewer issues. I almost always have a 30+ FPS, usually closer to 40 which is definitely more playable than the 10-25 I was getting before doing these things. The game also still has a terrible godawful memory leak they need to fix as I (And others, including the guys I play with that have i7's and 680's) have to reboot after a few hours of play to smooth everything out again after it's dropped to unplayable levels.

The game is by no means perfect technically. But as far as Gameplay I couldn't ask for a better game in a Planetside sequel, so overall I'm happy. The technical issues will go away with time.

For the Republic

27. Re: SOE on PlanetSide 2 in 2025 Dec 1, 2012, 23:37 Trevellian

Yakubs wrote on Dec 1, 2012, 22:35:
He envisions us still playing in 12 years.

Now the cert unlock system is starting to make sense...

Played the first Planetside for 9 years because there was nothing else like it. Can entirely see myself playing Planetside 2 for just as long if they continue to add continents and new features regularly as planned, for the same reason. Nothing else like it. Until someone else makes a MM0 Shooter with thousands of people on one battlefield it's a one of a kind experience.

For the Republic

22. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 1, 2012, 20:18 Trevellian

[VG]Reagle wrote on Dec 1, 2012, 20:10:
The problem with the posters in this forum is that many get OWNED everytime they log into a decent first person shooter. They admit it.

Then they come on here and bash COD, BF3, PS2 you name it.

I understand you guys are not defined by your 0.1 K/D but playing farmville and/or dress up barbie online and then coming to Blues News and bashing decent shooters is not the answer.

How about you try to come to grips with the fact your GET OWNED and dont have the reflexes to play online for starters.

People LOVE COD its obvious. But they hate it here on BN. Now why would that be?

Have to agree with you for once on something. I by no means have a godlike KD, but I at the very least hover around 2.0 in PS2, and a lot of that comes from running with a solid Outfit (Most of us played PS1 together and have stuck together for 9 years since). The game is very team oriented and most of the people on here seem to be the type where they just want to jump in by themselves and think they should be able to rule the world in a Team Oriented game. For once, a game promotes actual team play, something they complain not enough games have. And it's too hard for them to get involved and find that team to run with.

The game is far, far superior to BF3 or COD in every regard as far as I'm concerned. But I have a team.

And to Axis, it's not "Buzzing" in your normal Clan Scene, because the normal "clan scene" are usually like 16 people who play things like TF2 and CS, COD and BF3. This is a much larger scale, to have a succeessful Outfit in PS2 requires a Platoon minimum. So you're looking at more "Guild" style groups that play Planetside, 40+ people. Not small TF and CS clans. This is a game played by mostly 300-400 person Gaming Communities. Like Sturmgrenadier, Xen of Onslaught, DevilDogs, etc. Large, large communities that go into MMO's together.

For the Republic

News Comments > No Dead Island: Riptide in Germany
23. Re: No Dead Island: Riptide in Germany Dec 1, 2012, 12:32 Trevellian

Man, Germany is so lucky. They'll never see this garbage sequel to a garbage game exist. I've never wanted 50 bucks back so much in my life.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Firefall Beta Plans
3. Re: Firefall Beta Plans Nov 28, 2012, 22:22 Trevellian

Been in beta for this for awhile. Meh.  

For the Republic

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods
41. Re: PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods Nov 28, 2012, 21:57 Trevellian

Prez wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 19:58:
Help me out here - I think I understand the basics of 'ping' but I may be oversimplifying it. A ping of 250 is actually 250 milliseconds, or one full quarter of a second. In other words, as I understand it, with that ping you would have to conceivably be aiming where your opponent will be in a quarter second from when you fire. Is that correct? A bit of a noob question I know but being a singleplayer gamer my whole life I have never really paid much attention to multiplayer idioms. Never really paid much attention to networking at all until only recently.

Never played Quake online back in the day? Remember how there were LPB and HPB servers? It was because at that time T1 lines were the big thing for hosting servers at colleges. So guys with 0-5 pings were on servers crushing people with normal 56k connections who had ~200 pings. Thus became HPB (High Ping Bastard) servers for the 56k modem players and LPB (Low Ping Bastard) servers for the people playing on college networks etc. LPB servers even had it set so if you went over like a 100 ping it would auto kick you in some cases even. The difference and advantage between a 50> ping like I normally get with my fiber optics and the 250 ping he is getting from Australia is astronomical especially since the shooting is twitch based. The gameplay in Planetside 1 very well may have been passible for him even with a 250 ping as the shooting was less twitch based and more just... 1 huge hitbox with a healthbar, than PS2 which has headshots and a faster TTK.

For the Republic

News Comments > ACE COMBAT: ASSAULT HORIZON PC Plans
9. Re: ACE COMBAT: ASSAULT HORIZON PC Plans Nov 28, 2012, 17:56 Trevellian

Jerykk wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 23:04:
While it's good to see a Japanese publisher supporting the PC, I'd rather they support it with good games that don't use GFWL.

If they supported it with Ace Combat 6 I would have bought another copy as my 360 has long since red ringed, and it would be awesome to play Online.

For the Republic

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods
34. Re: PlanetSide 2 Bans All Client Mods Nov 28, 2012, 17:51 Trevellian

Asmo wrote on Nov 28, 2012, 16:48:
Sorry, your "protip" is junk, I've unloaded in to people point blank with a scattermax and they've taken zero damage (ie. no red X to indicate you are doing damage), then they lag dance around me until I'm dead.

On other days, I can literally drop people in 3-4 shots in the center of mass (so not headshots).

This is despite running a fairly constant ping of 250 (run on a US server with friends from Aus).

Compare this to PS1 which I used to play on dialup from Aus to the US and use voice comms over, where lag was rarely an issue...

I've also been killed 5 seconds after running behind hard cover or had my heavy shield stop no damage (seems to activate after the shooters client declares me dead but before the server tells my client to lie down and take a dirt nap).

The netcode/client prediction isn't great, certainly not as clean as PS1. You'll notice a lot people jump around like spaz's when you start shooting them. Most of the time you'll barely register a hit before you get dead.

haven't noticed any of this sorry, but I also play on an 85mbps connection on an East Coast server while living on the East Coast. As well as having my install sitting on an SSD (Not sure if that helps). But as Mgshadow said, your 250 ping is definitely not helping.

As far as your experience with PS1, there were also 250-300 person continent locks. Which alleviated a lot of the lag you're probably having on a server holding thousands on a single Continent.

The only guy I've seen lag as bad as you're describing is an outfitmate who plays from Afghanistan, we send him in whenever we need him to use his "Lag fu".

For the Republic

963 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo