Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 935 (Graduate)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Hitman: Absolution Reviews
24. Re: Hitman: Absolution Reviews Nov 18, 2012, 23:18 Trevellian

Adam Sessler of old Xplay fame has found his way to doing video reviews on the internet. Thank goodness for that because I loved the guy.

From his Review as far as I can tell he mentions 3 things repeatedly. Massive Levels, Multiple Paths and Methods, Plays like a Hitman Game.

He also mentions the more Hardcore Mode where there is no instinct trails, no ammo counter, and barely even a crosshair. While he does still mention the Cons, the shoddy checkpoint system, being punished for killing at random.

All in all it looks and sounds like a Hitman game to me from his review.

I find PC Gamers review hard to believe based on his Video Review, which, you know. Has Video evidence... and such.

This comment was edited on Nov 18, 2012, 23:35.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hitman: Absolution Reviews
9. Re: Hitman: Absolution Reviews Nov 18, 2012, 16:56 Trevellian

A review from someone who isn't paid to play games for a living and isn't jaded.

I don't need "Scores" I need to know how the game plays.

For the Republic

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Nov 15, 2012, 21:17 Trevellian

I love Hitman, and already had Absolution pre-ordered. His gameplay just made me want the game even more...  

For the Republic

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailer
31. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailer Nov 14, 2012, 13:32 Trevellian

They can either announce a PC edition or keep their game. I've ended up buying every other GTA twice because they want to release the PC version later. So I end up buying the damn console version cause I love the series, then end up buying it again on a Steam sale with all the DLC so me and my friends can dick around online in freeroam (Lets be honest here the whopping 3 Coop missions they gave in 4 where pretty shit).

So I'm only buying the damn game once this time.

For the Republic

News Comments > CoH2, Metro Last Light, and South Park Game Delayed
6. Re: CoH2, Metro Last Light, and South Park Game Delayed Nov 5, 2012, 22:00 Trevellian

They need to release more COH, Saints Row, and Dawn of War, and avoid crap like Space Marine.

Hell ffs, you guys bought the rights to it, let Relic bust out a Homeworld 3 and I guarantee it would sell.

For the Republic

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Rumors
14. Re: Battlefield 4 Rumors Nov 4, 2012, 20:16 Trevellian

I hear it will have guns. And that it still won't be as massive scale as Planetside 2.  

For the Republic

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Oct 31, 2012, 22:38 Trevellian

TotalBiscuit sums up my feelings on MoH, COD and BF campaigns quite nicely...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOHyD49DaeA

For the Republic

News Comments > Dark Horizons Kickstarter
2. Re: Dark Horizons Kickstarter Oct 31, 2012, 22:36 Trevellian

mag wrote on Oct 31, 2012, 16:14:
...saying they are creating the projects in their spare time in between contracts.

Heh. Not a chance. Watched too many part-time projects fail.

Not only that but it looks especially terrible considering MWO and Hawken are both already coming and have superb looking engines and gameplay.

For the Republic

News Comments > Out of the Blue
95. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 17:52 Trevellian

nin wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 17:48:
NegaDeath wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 17:17:
Kosumo wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 17:00:
Wow - Disney has brought Lucusart (or film) and gonna make new Star Wars movies.

Disney - Star Wars

.......what?

Did not see that coming. Not even remotely.

Is it April 1? Did I stroke out for 6 months?

Seriously. I'm shocked at the moment...everything screams this can't be happening, and yet it seems to be.

edit:
Lucas said in a statement, "it's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers".

Um, that's actually a good thing.

it's an INFINITELY good thing for Star Wars fans that he will no longer be involved ever again.

I have no fears of Disney anymore after Tron Legacy and their ownership of Marvel has resulted in nothing but good movies.

Side Thought: 2015 leaves plenty of time for Joss Whedon to finish Avengers 2 in time to direct Star Wars 7.... BONERBONERBONERBONERBONER

For the Republic

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Early
11. Re: Natural Selection 2 Early Oct 30, 2012, 09:09 Trevellian

The game is excellent, it has made huge leaps and bounds since the early stages last year and the year before. (I bought my copy a long long time ago).

I bought my copy for 35 during a Christmas special, where it was Buy 1 Get 1 Free. Gave the copy to my buddy. Recently Steam gave me a copy to gift, and my buddy who didn't even pay for the game. So all in all I got 4 Copies out of 35 bucks. I cannot complain.

It's fun, there haven't been many people on to play with, a few full servers a night, but that was mainly due to the fact only people who bought it ages ago got Beta/Early access, so I can't wait for the numbers of people playing to expand with the official release.

For the Republic

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Trailer
5. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Trailer Oct 29, 2012, 16:10 Trevellian

Even in their live action trailers the game still looks fucking brown. Stop perpetuating this garbage.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Star Citizen Stretch Goals
25. Re: Star Citizen Stretch Goals Oct 28, 2012, 06:01 Trevellian

Slashman wrote on Oct 28, 2012, 02:29:
Prez wrote on Oct 28, 2012, 01:13:
After thinking about it, it just doesn't seem feasible that this can be a persistent online space game like 'Eve Online' and still have any real singleplayer (the only part I'm interested in) to speak of. As excited as I was when I heard that Chris Roberts was making a space sim (I played Freelancer for about a thousand hours), it pains me to say that I won't be backing this.

I'm squarely with Prez and Cutter on this(who would have ever thought I'd be typing that sentence?).

Chris Roberts, despite being Chris Roberts, cannot deliver two equally satisfying experiences in the same game when dealing with something like an open-world space sim.

Just the fact that so many of the rewards and goals give players more powerful gear and better ships is disturbing enough as is.

He's saying something on one hand and then doing something else on the other. It doesn't add up.

Neither of you guys make any sense with these comments... especially considering you envoke Freelancer. Freelancer did exactly that, it had a great story/mission driven single player game, and an open do whatever the fuck you want EVE Online style multiplayer (Granted with only like 32 players). You're contradicting yourselves just by mentioning Freelancer and saying he can't deliver both...

For the Republic

News Comments > Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content
6. Re: Minecraft Mod Adds Far Cry 3 Content Oct 27, 2012, 14:25 Trevellian

zombiefan wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 13:27:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 27, 2012, 12:15:
I don't get it, why is Minecraft so popular? I understand the build-it yourself Lego-like mentality but the game looks like ass and when I played it I was underwhelmed with the gameplay.

It's ok that you don't get Minecraft. I don't get the popularity of the TV show Firefly. To each his own.

Because despite being only 13 episodes long, being played out of order and generally mistreated by Fox it is one of the greatest Sci Fi TV shows ever produced and it was a shame it didn't get to continue.

For the Republic

News Comments > RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming
9. Re: RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming Oct 24, 2012, 22:35 Trevellian

I think what Carmack fails to realize is... He's not amazing. He can design engines... beyond that he has no creativity. He forgets that... Keen, Doom and Quake... where all group efforts of brainstorming by Himself, Tom Hall, Romero and of course Adrian as well. His engines are absolutely nothing without their creativity to drive them. This is why they are now all failures. If they ever want to do anything meaningful again they need to suck it up and rebuild the original id Software with the original members... or they will continue to fade into obscurity. People already for the most part, unless they are educated have no idea who any of them are. I talk to the Call of Duty fanboys I work with and try to explain to them they wouldn't have a game if it weren't for Doom, and they don't understand, because id Software has become irrelevant.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits Kickstarter Goal
13. Re: Star Citizen Hits Kickstarter Goal Oct 24, 2012, 10:53 Trevellian

InBlack wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 10:51:
I dunno...I was kind of hoping for a traditional sim ala Freespace, but Freelancer was a jack-of-all-trades master of none game that I couldnt be even bothered to finish. While I do realize that he wasnt satisfied with how the game turned out, so many of its core features sucked really badly, especially the flightmodel and control scheme. The 3rd person action cam view was straight out of the 80's arcades...uhhh.

The difference being he has clearly stated that it will be a combination of Freelancer's universe, like, being able to be a pirate, a trader etc. But with Wing Commander's flight style. I do not think the 3rd person camera style was his intent with Freelancer, they may have come about because of Microsoft wanting DA to hurry the product along. Star Citizen/Squadron 42 will have a traditional Space SIM control system from inside the cockpit. Like Wing Commander, or X-Wing/Tie

For the Republic

11. Re: Star Citizen Hits Kickstarter Goal Oct 24, 2012, 10:32 Trevellian

Yeah, my bad, I typed Freespace by accident instead of Freelancer, lot on my mind this morning.

Edited my post.

Freelancer was one of my favorite games of all time. So I'm happy. Granted it could have been more as he wanted it to be (Close to a scale of EVE Online) but Microsoft bought out Digital Anvil midway into production and he left.

For those interested though, here is the thread were he is answering questions:
Chris Roberts Q&A On Reddit

Apart from the multi person bridges he mentions boarding parties and other fun things as well.

For the Republic

2. Re: Star Citizen Hits Kickstarter Goal Oct 24, 2012, 09:58 Trevellian

The fan questions he began answering over on Reddit just reaffirmed to me that it will be the best game of all time as soon as he answered the question "Will it be like Freelancer?" with pretty much the answer, "Yes, it will be like Freelancer, but my original vision before I sold Digital Anvil to Microsoft." That was enough for me.

Oh, that and the fact he said you'd be able to have more than one player on a Corvette/Destroyer manning different stations on the Bridge.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2012, 10:31.

For the Republic

News Comments > DiRT 4 Hints?
1. Re: DiRT 4 Hints? Oct 24, 2012, 09:56 Trevellian

They lost my interest in the series when they added the Gymkhana bullshit and made it a mandatory part of the Championship/Season. It's unfortunate because Dirt 3 did do other things right, like clean up the menu screen, make the game less about the "Xtreme" feeling. But Gymkhana... sucked balls.

It made me go back and play Dirt 2 more instead. When I sit down to play a Rally game, I want just the Rallycross and actual Point to Point Rally's that go on for miles and miles. Guess it's back to playing WRC.

For the Republic

News Comments > No BF3 Color Grading Removal
2. Re: No BF3 Color Grading Removal Oct 23, 2012, 21:44 Trevellian

DICE can be assured they will not receive any more money from me. Poorly handled with their contemptfulness to begin with. Even worse to retract the feature after already announcing it.

They can fuck off and die along with the rest of EA and Activision.

For the Republic

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Oct 23, 2012, 18:27 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 13:45:
Actually screen brightness has been linked to sleep problems, that's why most doctors recommend you have a "shut off" period before you go to bed. Sure sleep disorders have always existed but it doesn't mean that modern inventions can't disrupt sleep patterns and cycles.

With videogames I've read its more about emotions and adrenaline, you're still processing your gameplay session unconsciously when you lay down. Again that's why doctors recommend you have a cooling off period before bed, it helps you get to sleep faster and you tend to sleep with less disruption. Reading before bed is supposedly the best activity in terms of natural influence on getting to sleep and staying asleep.

I always stop an hour before I plan to go to sleep. If people really insist on gaming then at least dial down the brightness or install Flux.

http://stereopsis.com/flux/
I have been using this program for about... 2 months now. I can honestly say it's not a gimmick, I have slept better in the past 2 months (DESPITE staying up late playing video games on the PC or reading websites etc) than I have in the past 8 years of gaming alone. I've had an easier time falling asleep, less headaches, easier time waking up for work in the morning. At first I could not get used to the color change, but after a week or two of using it, I got used to it, and the sleep results were worth it. I'll probably forever have this installed, I have turned a few friends onto it as well.

Edit: Did not notice NegaDeath had posted the same suggestion, nice to see I'm not the only one who accidentally found this.

For the Republic

935 Comments. 47 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo