Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 963 (Graduate)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex Movie Details
21. Re: Deus Ex Movie Details Feb 21, 2013, 12:41 Trevellian

Cutter wrote on Feb 21, 2013, 12:07:
Yeah, no one ever really thinks about Strange Days but it was a good flick, and it was right on the beginning cusp of cyberpunk. And lets not overlook all the great cyberpunk animation out there, Ghost in the Shell, Akira, et al.

Shirow is the man when it comes to cyberpunk, my personal favorite still being Appleseed. No I don't mean the CGI Anime and it's sequel, though I did enjoy both being a long time Appleseed fan. I own the original 4 Appleseed books that ran from 85-91, long before he ever imagined Ghost in the Shell he was already defining Cyberpunk.

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 2013, 12:47.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Fighting Game Prototype Footage
2. Re: Star Wars Fighting Game Prototype Footage Feb 15, 2013, 22:40 Trevellian

Tao Feng actually wasn't that bad back in the day... This just looks absolutely terrible though.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Game of the Year Edition
8. Re: Tribes Ascend Game of the Year Edition Feb 14, 2013, 21:43 Trevellian

Primalchrome wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 21:27:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 20:13:
Still can't believe how badly they ruined the skiing and player movement from the original starsige tribes.
Skiing in Starsiege Tribes was a bug.... They didn't ruin it, they made it into a legitimate game mechanic rather than an exploit for the few.

This completely. I love how people still complain about them making a bug a legitimate feature.

For the Republic

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched
8. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 10:18 Trevellian

I'm not going to waste my time arguing with anyone here. So I won't be back to respond, have fun hating on a game you probably haven't played.

I just wanted to say I've fully enjoyed the 5 hours me and friends have put into the Coop. I don't know what version of the game reviewers got to play, if they just copy pasted their reviews of the console version to the PC out of laziness or what. I haven't run into the issues of AI being incredibly stupid or getting stuck on things at all. Of course, we're also not playing on pussy girl retarded reviewer difficulty, we're playing on Ultimate Badass.

Because of this I can no longer take any review for this game seriously as long as I see a HUD on their screenshots/video. If they have a HUD, they're playing on pussy girl easy reviewer difficulty to blow through the game as fast as possible.

Ultimate Badass mode has no health indicator, no armor indicator, no on screen ammo counters (Except for the digital readout for each clip on the side of the Rifle), no on screen radar unless you pull out your scanner manually, this is the way the game was meant to be played IMHO.

I have not had any issues with the game being boring, in fact I'm pretty sure there were quite a few shrieks going across our Teamspeak last night during coop. The game atmospherically keeps the Aliens feel.

To Summarize:
It's not the best game ever, but it certainly deserves better than what it's being given by review sites that are looking for Call of Duty in Space and have no appreciation for the Aliens IP. In fact I am sure half of the reviewers who review it are to young to have even grown up with Aliens enough to even understand what the atmosphere should be like, and if they're playing on anything other than Ultimate Badass they're doing it wrong.

For the Republic

News Comments > Ghost in the Shell Online
5. Re: Ghost in the Shell Online Feb 13, 2013, 01:01 Trevellian

Cutter wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 00:29:
Never been big on manga but GitS is an exceptional piece of writing and animation.

Just don't try to buy GitS:SAC on Blu Ray! Out of fucking print and the only people who sell it want 240 dollars for each season.

Wish Funimation would pick up the rights to it rerelease the Blu Rays. I really wanted to get it.

For the Republic

News Comments > Legacy of Kain Returning?
4. Re: Legacy of Kain Returning? Feb 11, 2013, 10:52 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 09:16:
Awesome, loved those games. The original and Soul Reaver were my favorites. I wonder if it could survive in this market where a franchise like Darksiders couldn't, they shared a lot of the same gameplay elements.

I loved Darksiders. It was one of my favorite games the year it came out, was a much needed niche filler. I didn't bother with Darksiders 2 though.

That being said... No Crystal Dynamics, no interest. They made the Legacy/Soul Reaver series. I doubt anyone else can do it justice.

For the Republic

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced
50. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 19:29 Trevellian

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 15:01:
What I don't get is what's this bickering is really good for?
What if some people doesn't like the games I like? I couldn't care less.

Regarding Aliens: Colonial Marines, I did not see a single reason to get this game, but if someone is a fan of the franchise or had a chance to play the preview and really liked it, by all means buy it and enjoy it. Won't change a thing for me one way or another.

If after the game is out and I will hear a lot of positive feedback from people playing it I will take another look, but until then, best of luck for them with the release.

This is the way people should be. Unfortunately most aren't. As I had a discussion with Verno yesterday. I told him, I feel most people on this forum at this point, want to belittle others for spending money on a game they think they'd enjoy. They want to cry "it's people like you who allow developers to keep releasing this crap", when they have never played the game and are judging it based on videos.

You want to base your opinion on videos? Go for it, I wouldn't begrudge any of you this. That doesn't give you the right, or even make it necessary for you in any way, to tell those people who feel differently, that they are wasting their money and somehow ruining your PC gaming experience by playing it.

Get off your high horses.

For the Republic

News Comments > Tomb Raider Gold
10. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 7, 2013, 17:03 Trevellian

peteham wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 15:26:
Creston wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 15:19:
Apparently it's now turned into Far Cry Raider with the first three hours being Uncharted.

Which might actually make it a pretty decent game.
Really? Sure sounds a hell of a lot better than the linear QTE-fest it appeared to be the last time I looked at it.

Is it also too much to hope for that it's heavier on the puzzles than the combat? That's one of the things that has never made me able to fully appreciate Uncharted. Just ludicrous amounts of badguys everywhere.

Legend and Underworld still had plenty of puzzles being that it was Crystal Dynamics. Terribly Difficult puzzles? Not really, but still puzzles. CD Loves them some puzzles, Soul Reaver and Legacy of Kain were always filled with them... Soul Reaver was so good, I miss my Dreamcast now.

For the Republic

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines "Bug Hunt" DLC Revealed?
52. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 7, 2013, 16:55 Trevellian

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 16:35:
Trevellian wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 16:16:
Honestly, FFS. I haven't heard 1 goddamn thing about "Horde Mode" Until today.

You must have missed the recent mentions at IGN, Destructoid, and Game Informer. A direct quote: "Survival pits four Colonial Marines against unrelenting waves of xenomorphs. It's possibly the best implementation of a horde-like mode we've seen in a long time."

Now one of two things happened. Either the horde mode existed as part of the game and was cut in the last few months to be sold as DLC. Or every website and magazine that reported on it lied about it ever existing in the first place. In addition Sega and Gearbox never bothered to correct them.

This DLC is called Bug Hunt... Not Survival. From what I recall Survival is also in the game but it's yet another Player vs Player mode, where the Marines have to play defense and the Aliens are on the attack, much like the old Unreal Tournament "Assault" Game mode. So... yeah... Survival and Bug Hunt are completely different... All of the Competative Modes have been gone over and have Trailers. Survival has one, it shows it as a Marines Hunker Down game mode, and lists the Xeno objective simply as "Kill" before the Marines survival timer is done.

So you have.
Story Coop: 4 Players
Deathmatch: 6 on 6
Survival: Marines survive a timer while Xeno's try to eliminate.
Escape: 4 on 4 Marines try to get to an Evac.

Bug Hunt: DLC

Whats the issue?

For the Republic

45. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 7, 2013, 16:16 Trevellian

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 15:51:
Beamer wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 13:56:
But it isn't content withheld from the initial release...

In this case it was cut to be sold separately. There are dozens of previews explicitly talking about the horde mode (4 marine players vs waves of increasingly difficult computer controlled aliens) and how great it is long before there was any mention of DLC.

Honestly, FFS. I haven't heard 1 goddamn thing about "Horde Mode" Until today.

The ONLY mode I had heard about besides Coop, and standard Xeno vs Marine Deathmatch, was ESCAPE MODE.

This:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7UBQouJBns

This is Escape Mode, the "Left 4 Dead style" 4 on 4 Multiplayer mode, that works just like Left 4 Deads Multi.

I really and truely think people hear Left 4 Dead mode and get it confused with Horde mode. Escape Mode is that mode, and it ships with the game.

For the Republic

33. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 7, 2013, 13:24 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 13:20:
Trevellian wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 13:03:
Borderlands 2 went through the same thing here at Blues and it's a GREAT game.

I think that's just an example of an opinion thing though. I didn't really love Borderlands 2 like you did, I thought it was a good but ultimately flawed game like the original. I really understood and felt some of that negativity was warranted, both sides had very reasonable points. People tend to over exaggerate on the internet so suddenly a small flaw is game crippling and a minor complaint gets you labeled a hater.

As for the rest, I don't really see the issue. No one is trying to stop anyone else from buying this, they are just commenting on what we've seen. If you want to buy it unseen because its Gearbox, hey its your money bro. Personally I am not inclined but I don't begrudge your choices. I hope every game is a great game but unfortunately I've learned to temper my expectations (BRINK!!).

Yes but you also have to realize you're one of the more agreeable and respectful people on here. There are quite a few on here who just approach every discussion on every game in the way Bill O'Reilly does, but in a textual way. If I make my opinion louder and if more people agree with my side then I'm obviously right and more important. This drives away newer people who come to the site from even wanting to comment. It also drives away people like me who are tired of reading the drivel. Having a difference of opinion is one thing, thinking yours is more important is entirely another, and I'm sure if you scroll down there you'll see quite a bit of this.

I entirely agree on the situation of BRINK however, it is a prime example of a game that was ALL hype and nothing else.

I have a very short list of companies who are on my fly list right now, Gearbox happens to be one of them. 2K in general, and Bethesda are the others, more or less they treat customers right and have been releasing quality products, even if buggy they fix it as soon as possible. They have released some of what I consider the top games this past year (Dishonored and X-Com being among them, obviously Borderlands 2 is on this list for me as well) and this earns their respect from me.

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 2013, 13:33.

For the Republic

30. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 7, 2013, 13:03 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 12:59:
I don't know, I respect your opinion Trev but it's more or less the same as I remember it being since I started reading in like...2001ish? I had a different posting account back then but lost the password to my old account/email after changing jobs. It's funny, I read Ars and people there say "Arsians are sooo negative about XYZ", I read SA and people on there comment that "SA goons are the worst!" type stuff. Same story at Giantbomb forums even.

I've found Blue to be pretty open when you report posts and etc, I'm sure if you guys take a small sampling and pass them on, he would act on it if there is a real problem. Too often though I find it's just a difference of opinion and one person blames the community at large for a minority of comments or opinions.

Honestly? I can't find my happy place for reviews anymore. It's not just Blues, it's everywhere. Trolls have become far more abundant in the past few years and it makes the Internet less amusing for me.

Mostly I just do Rock Paper Shotgun because I like their method of pointing out the pro's and cons and not giving a numerical rating, they just tell you how it is and let you formulate your own conclusion based on it. I feel that is how a review should be, otherwise people skip to the end to see 7/10 and decide the game "Isn't good" because it didn't get a 9.

But I digress, Blues isn't a review site. I just get tired of all the negativity surrounding EVERY single game that is announced here, before anyone knows anything about it. And if someone does want to buy something like Aliens they get told "You're wasting your money because I think it looks stupid." Borderlands 2 went through the same thing here at Blues and it's a GREAT game. And it is the reason I have no problem giving Gearbox my money for Aliens CM. They are bringing over the same Drop in Drop out Coop, a Left 4 Dead style mode called Escape. I play these games coop, I don't play them for single player. The amount of fun I will get out of playing it 4 player far outweighs the small cost I may pay that someone doesn't deem the game worthy of because they watched a video or two.

I just feel like this place has become known for overwhelming negativity towards people who are excited, about what? Games. That is why we all come here right? If you don't like games why are you here, what makes someone else's dollar more important than another's that they feel the need to belittle other people here for wanting to play a damn game. Certain people need to get over themselves. That's all I'm saying.

This comment was edited on Feb 7, 2013, 13:13.

For the Republic

28. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 7, 2013, 12:50 Trevellian

netnerd85 wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 11:17:
TBH, the past few days, the negativity has been higher than usual.

Days? Try weeks, upon months.

It's part of the reason I barely come here anymore unfortunately. A majority of the posts are angry, snarky, accusational, whiney... It's just not fun to read the comments on Blues anymore. The majority of people here think their opinion matters more than others nowadays.

I remember when this website was just about Quake, I miss those days.

For the Republic

News Comments > Brutal Legend Steam DB Entry Spotted
15. Re: Brutal Legend Steam DB Entry Spotted Feb 3, 2013, 13:56 Trevellian

I loved this game on PS3.
Didn't care much for the RTS elements but powered through it anyway to enjoy the music, story and characters, they all made up for it.

For the Republic

News Comments > Prey 2 Countdown?
4. Re: Prey 2 Countdown? Feb 2, 2013, 19:04 Trevellian

It looked very cyberpunk, which is unfortunately my favorite genre (I say unfortunate only because of the lack of games set in it) so I was excited to see it released. I hope it doesn't suck but I won't get my hopes up.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Wizardry Online Launches
5. Re: Wizardry Online Launches Jan 30, 2013, 21:59 Trevellian

I downloaded this through Steam and tried to play it.
So far I can't say much about it as I haven't got passed the MENU SCREEN.
You start the game up, menu screen has 2 fucking options. Start or Exit.
You press start and it just sits at "Connect" forever.
After being annoyed and searching the steam forums I found that people said "connect" means you're in a fucking goddamn queue, but they were apparently too lazy to bother with an ETA or Queue Number count.
Fucking brilliant waste of a good IP.

Edit: i forgot to mention, at said menu screen and at the launcher, there is no way to even set graphics options. i assume you have to wait till you're even in the game to set proper resolution. This MMO has failure written all over it.

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 2013, 22:15.

For the Republic

News Comments > Prince of Persia "Paused"
3. Re: Prince of Persia Jan 30, 2013, 00:14 Trevellian

Jerykk wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 00:10:
I'd like to see them return to the story and setting of Prince of Persia 2008, only with the gameplay of the SoT trilogy. That would be the best of both worlds, really. Forgotten Sands was aptly named and didn't really do anything interesting aside from pausing time to solidify water, which wasn't really taken advantage of until the end of the game.

I wasn't interested in Emo Prince.
2008 brought me back to the series, had a great prince, a great concept with the ICO style cooperation between him and the girl.
Threw that all out to go back to the sands of time prince with an even more emo game, lost my interest in the series again.

2008 PoP deserves a proper sequel.

For the Republic

News Comments > Firefall Public Beta This Weekend
10. Re: Firefall Public Beta This Weekend Jan 22, 2013, 17:28 Trevellian

Kedyn wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 17:03:
Trevellian wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 12:46:
I'll be honest here.

The Closed Beta has been... eeeeeeeehhhhhhhh

So don't get to excited.

Hey Trevellian, what server/faction is C22 playing PS2 on?

Waterson, Republic.

For the Republic

News Comments > New Kickstarter Seeks to Race Back to the 90s
15. Re: New Kickstarter Seeks to Race Back to the 90s Jan 22, 2013, 15:23 Trevellian

John wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 13:51:
headshot wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 11:01:
90s? bring me a destruction derby reboot!!!11
No, bring back Interstate '76!

This... 1000x this.

I miss my I'76.

For the Republic

News Comments > Firefall Public Beta This Weekend
1. Re: Firefall Public Beta This Weekend Jan 22, 2013, 12:46 Trevellian

I'll be honest here.

The Closed Beta has been... eeeeeeeehhhhhhhh

So don't get to excited.

For the Republic

963 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo