Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 1035 (Pro)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Rise of the Triad Patch and Free DLC
2. Re: Rise of the Triad Patch and Free DLC Sep 16, 2013, 22:32 Trevellian

ItBurn wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 19:46:
I guess I'm going to have to buy their game even though I don't have time to play it...

Granted I haven't got to play it as much as I'd like cause I'm usually busy. But I've got through 3 or 4 levels so far, and it feels oldschool and fun, if that means anything.

-C22
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers Becomes Homeworld: Shipbreakers
16. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers Becomes Homeworld: Shipbreakers Sep 2, 2013, 19:33 Trevellian

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 19:12:
killer_roach wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 18:24:
Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 18:03:
With Randy Pitchford involved in any capacity this game permanently dropped off my radar. Remember Duke Nukem Reloaded? Why would anyone sign any kind of contract with this idiot unless they were desperate.

DNF and A:CM were both simply cases of pushing a game that somebody else had 90% completed out the door. Yes, they half-assed both of them, but it's really hard to care about something that you picked out of the garbage.

I wasn't talking about either of those. I specifically said DUKE NUKEM RELOADED. But if you want, Gearbox was in charge for over a year of DNF's development and marketing after picking up the rights and reorganizing everything. They were in charge of all 6-7 years of A:CM's development after Sega gave them the contract. In both instances Randy Pitchford blew it. Now in the case of Duke Nukem Reloaded he deliberately swindled Interceptor Entertainment with a contract filled with loopholes designed to keep them from ever releasing a game they developed out of their own pocket.

Randy Pitchford SCREWS every studio he touches.

The funny thing is, if you actually read the article you yourself posted. Randy Pitchford had no say in the shutting down of Reloaded whatsoever. Schreiber specifically says the "Meeting with the Executives" was the end of Reloaded. The Executives and their responsibility to the shareholders are a step above Pitchfords paygrade and decisions.

I'm mostly just tired of people hating on the guy for no really good solid reason at this point.

-C22

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Apocalypse Trailer
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - Apocalypse Trailer Aug 27, 2013, 00:22 Trevellian

jdreyer wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 21:18:
"...an alternate-reality Dieselpunk Zombies experience that transports players to the undead-infested trenches of a World War I battlefield."

So, Call of Duty meets Sucker Punch?

That and there has also been some accusation going on that they stole the art design for the giant robot from some well known artist who also designed the concept art for the robots in Pacific Rim and didn't credit the guy.

I haven't really kept up with it so don't know how it ended, mostly cause I don't care about COD.

-C22

News Comments > GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak
5. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 25, 2013, 13:18 Trevellian

I'll care about your game when you care about PC.

I bought GTA3 and 4 on consoles and then on PC.

Refuse to repeat this process. PC Release, or lose a sale. That is all there is to it at this point. All of the people I want to play Online with are on PC, not on a console. There is no excuse why this shouldn't be able to have a PC release.

-C22

News Comments > Betrayer Announced
9. Re: Betrayer Announced Aug 5, 2013, 11:43 Trevellian

Oooooh joy, more Zombies!

Looks awful, no thanks. I expect more from people who worked on the games used to try and sell this tripe.

-C22

News Comments > Saints Row IV Still RC Down Under
6. Re: Saints Row IV Still RC Down Under Jul 29, 2013, 12:08 Trevellian

Slashman wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 11:51:
There's drug use in Saint's Row 4?

I can't even remember any in Saint's Row 3...

When Zimos sells you as a sex slave you get all doped up and stumble through the Safeword killing people.

Thats about it.

-C22

News Comments > MotorGun Kickstarter Cancelled
7. Re: MotorGun Kickstarter Cancelled Jul 25, 2013, 14:29 Trevellian

John wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 12:35:
Yeah, I suggested they work on a good SP campaign like I'76 had then add some maps for MP and release tools to allow players to create their own maps. One of my favorite maps from I'76 was a race track that a fellow clan member made. It was crazy difficult to complete but I had a lot of fun trying.

Something tells me you are referring to Frappe Rally. I was in a I'76 gang named Frappe, where everyone drove the Rattler (Shelby Cobra). One of the tests to get in was to race gang members around the track. Definitely one of the more skilled groups in the game, using a lighter car with minimal weapon racks to dominate.

-C22

News Comments > EA Financial Results
15. Re: EA Financial Results Jul 24, 2013, 09:50 Trevellian

jdreyer wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 02:13:
Trevellian wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 23:48:
I can't believe Call of Duty: Robots.... I mean... Titanfall, won Best PC, Console and "Original" game, it's not original, it oozes COD with a new coat of paint. It's a good thing they left Activision to make something different since they were tired of making Call of Duty.

Well, they weren't tired of making CoD. They were tired of dealing with the Activision suits. Speaking of Activision, Destiny looks like the most derivative LCD game possible. There was so much potential with that, and they went with the simplest, most boring options.

I also can't believe they are going to charge 60 dollars for a Multiplayer only game.

I know, right? It's an outrage!!!

*Looks sideways at complete Unreal Tournament collection hoping Trevellian doesn't notice*

Oh come on, Unreal Tournament is a whole different ballgame. They never had the audacity to charge 10 dollars more than the "Norm" for PC games, and it at least has a single player tournament mode with bots. Wicked good Bots. You had to learn the maps, control the weapons and powerups. UT took skill, you didn't start with whatever weapon you wanted. And the game had charm, color, and fun weapons. There is a vast difference between UT and COD.

-C22

News Comments > EA Financial Results
8. Re: EA Financial Results Jul 23, 2013, 23:48 Trevellian

I can't believe Call of Duty: Robots.... I mean... Titanfall, won Best PC, Console and "Original" game, it's not original, it oozes COD with a new coat of paint. It's a good thing they left Activision to make something different since they were tired of making Call of Duty.

I also can't believe they are going to charge 60 dollars for a Multiplayer only game.

This comment was edited on Jul 24, 2013, 00:01.

-C22

News Comments > Eidos Montreal Founder Resigns; Blasts Square Enix
2. Re: Eidos Montreal Founder Resigns; Blasts Square Enix Jul 23, 2013, 21:18 Trevellian

Yeah I'm not sure whether his anger is warranted. As far as game quality Square Enix has really turned it around recently, at least on PC, with Deus Ex, Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider, all have been quality. Even the new FFXIV Beta is polished, and leaps and bounds better than the original beta/release version. Canning the team that made that was a good move.  

-C22

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
5. Re: Mad Max Trailer Jul 15, 2013, 10:57 Trevellian

Seeing as this is Avalanche and I love the Mad Max universe, I really want to see it work.

Obviously I have my doubts, but I'm hoping the team that made Just Cause 2 can craft a huge beautifully barren open world game set in the Mad Max universe so I don't have to kill them.

-C22

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 15, 2013, 10:30 Trevellian

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 10:17:
wtf_man wrote on Jul 15, 2013, 09:57:
Microsoft may be upgrading the specs of the Xbox One before its release

12GB of DDDR3 isn't going to help much. Yeah it makes up for the bloated 3 OS's taking up 3GB of the 8GB and puts RAM availability more on par with the PS4... but anyone that knows squat about GPU's, knows that the same GPU with DDR5 is about twice as fast as the one with DDR3. Memory bandwidth is king for GPUs. Then add to the fact that the PS4 has 25% more GPU cores... and not even the alleged clock bump Microsoft may do will help much (in comparison).

For cross platform games I guess devs will have to program for the lowest common denominator anyways, so even though the PS4 is more powerful it is not going to be used.
I doubt features will be turned on/off on different platforms to gain some fps.

Even with this gen, isn't the PS3 more powerful hardware then the 360? The cross platform games still look the same or maybe a bit better on the 360.

Regardless this is a complete cluster fuck from Microsoft. I don't know how they will get out of this one on top but they will have to do some major changes and price cuts, which I doubt they will do.

The major issue this generation was that Xbox 360 was still generally a windows machine thus making it much easier to program for, despite the PS3 having more powerful hardware.

Ask any cross platform studio and they'll tell you the PS3 was a nightmare to program for. Unless you were a first party team like Naughty Dog and knew how to squeeze every single bit of power out of the system, your game ended up taking a hit on the PS3.

This is why cross platform games, I'll use an obvious example, Bayonetta, came out running flawless on Xbox but choppy and clunky (Until patched properly) on the PS3.

In the end I still ended up preferring my PS3 over the 360 due to the first party teams Sony owns, and due to the fact that after my second 360 burnt out I gave up on them.

But it will be a different story this time around with them both running X86 architecture. You fully can and they hopefully will flip certain things on and off dependent on the system to make full use of each systems power. Yes, most teams will probably just be lazy and not bother, but when it's basically down to just changing a value in a Options.cfg hopefully they won't be that lazy.

-C22

News Comments > WoW Plans Microtransaction-fuelled XP Boosts?
14. Re: WoW Plans Microtransaction-fuelled XP Boosts? Jul 5, 2013, 15:12 Trevellian

kamodius wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 14:27:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 12:25:
nin wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 10:47:
WOW...miss the friends, but I don't miss the game.

I miss both, but it's particular parts of the game that I miss. Pre-TBC raids, TBC raids and instances. Sadly when they made it "easier" they dropped the entire quality of the game.

Sure.. if unending grinds for resist gear and soul-wrenchingly tedious attunement quests (over and over and over for new members) and having 15 useless people out of 40 were your idea of fun.

Sure. How're those rose-colored glasses fitting?

/backs away slowly

Vanilla raids definitely had issues.

But on the TBC issue he is correct. The way raids worked in TBC was the way it should have been done. Complete 1 raid to get attuned for the next raid. It's called progression. It wasn't tedious.

I also don't recall ever needing resist gear for anything other than a few bosses in AQ40 and in Naxx, and it wasn't exactly tedious to do as most of it could be crafted half the time.

Whereas where they went after that was the "Invite everyone and his brother who has never played the game to the highest raid currently in game" as well as "Queueing for dummies"

My glasses are not rose colored. I quit the game after it was obvious they were making it a casual experience.

-C22

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2013, 12:13 Trevellian

Creston wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 11:19:
As for Yahtzee's review of the Last of Us... (spoilers)

I looked upon the title as "the last of us with any shred of humanity left," which would be Ellie. And by the end of the game, yes, Ellie has lost that. Because, well, she really had no other choice.

I agree with his niggles, though if you die that much from Clickers, then you either tremendously suck at games, or just somehow have not yet figured out that you can save yourself with a shiv if a Clicker grabs you. And have not figured out that "Throw bottle at area, wait five seconds, throw molotov cocktail at area" wipes all of them out anyway.

Really about the only time I die in LoU are during the swarm sequences, or if I royally fuck up on stealth (though not always due to a fault of my own) and eight bandits charge me.

The AI completely ignoring Ellie is very weird, and while I appreciate that I don't have to endlessly replay sections because the fucking AI keeps getting her killed, it's so fucking weird to have her bleat out "LOOK JOEL, THE EXIT!" from a foot behind me right as I'm about to sneak up on the guard of said exit, or her walking one step in front of two bandits who are coming down the stairs and are about to trip my nail bomb. Which then doesn't affect her in the slightest. I would definitely have preferred a better solution to that. Telling her to hide and sit still would have been a ton better than what we have now.

Anyway, don't listen to him, it's a fucking GREAT game.

Creston

Yes normally I agree with a lot of his opinions on games when it comes to the stupid things they do. But the top comment on Yahtzee's video pretty much summed up exactly how I felt about his opinion of the story. In other words, he completely missed the point of the main character, they did a masterful job of having you virtually play the "villain" the entire game without telling you. (spoilers)

-C22

News Comments > The War Z Name Change
9. Re: The War Z Name Change Jun 19, 2013, 19:54 Trevellian

"I made the zombies. I was never as good as my totally-not-made-up brother, Zed, and we're totally different people. Ah, I need a drink." - Dr. Ned

On another note, their new website is just as shit as the game to reflect the quality I guess. It's so broken it was painful to even visit it.

-C22

News Comments > NASCAR The Game: 2013 Early Access
4. Re: NASCAR The Game: 2013 Early Access Jun 18, 2013, 10:29 Trevellian

Awwww hell yeah, I am so ready to make left turns.  

-C22

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback
1. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback May 29, 2013, 09:51 Trevellian

Ha ha  

-C22

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Evening Consolidation May 29, 2013, 02:00 Trevellian

Maybe I'm thinking to hard here but.
They said the system only needs to connect once every 24 hours. To make the people who said the system doesn't require a Constant Internet Connection happy.

Wouldn't using the cloud REQUIRE a constant internet connection for your system to utilize it?

So again, what happens to people with no internet connection? What happens to people with shitty internet connections?

Does that mean if a company programs a game for a system "3 times more powerful" because Microsoft told them they could, and I don't have/have a weak internet connection, my gaming experience would suffer and my game would run shittier because I'm not on the cloud?

These are the questions these fucking sites need to be asking, they need to do their fucking job.

-C22

News Comments > PC Destiny Talk
2. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 10:30 Trevellian

I just wish they'd quit dicking around and put it on PC so I don't have to decide if I want a PS4 at launch to play Destiny. If they put it on PC I could easily push back my decision on buying a PS4 till they release something like Uncharted 4 that I absolutely have to play and is an actual exclusive.  

-C22

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Trailers
2. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Trailers May 21, 2013, 21:13 Trevellian

OMG Fish AI, and Jungles that look almost as good as Crysis 1  

-C22

1035 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo