Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 950 (Graduate)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Brutal Legend Steam DB Entry Spotted
15. Re: Brutal Legend Steam DB Entry Spotted Feb 3, 2013, 13:56 Trevellian

I loved this game on PS3.
Didn't care much for the RTS elements but powered through it anyway to enjoy the music, story and characters, they all made up for it.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Prey 2 Countdown?
4. Re: Prey 2 Countdown? Feb 2, 2013, 19:04 Trevellian

It looked very cyberpunk, which is unfortunately my favorite genre (I say unfortunate only because of the lack of games set in it) so I was excited to see it released. I hope it doesn't suck but I won't get my hopes up.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Wizardry Online Launches
5. Re: Wizardry Online Launches Jan 30, 2013, 21:59 Trevellian

I downloaded this through Steam and tried to play it.
So far I can't say much about it as I haven't got passed the MENU SCREEN.
You start the game up, menu screen has 2 fucking options. Start or Exit.
You press start and it just sits at "Connect" forever.
After being annoyed and searching the steam forums I found that people said "connect" means you're in a fucking goddamn queue, but they were apparently too lazy to bother with an ETA or Queue Number count.
Fucking brilliant waste of a good IP.

Edit: i forgot to mention, at said menu screen and at the launcher, there is no way to even set graphics options. i assume you have to wait till you're even in the game to set proper resolution. This MMO has failure written all over it.

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 2013, 22:15.

For the Republic

News Comments > Prince of Persia "Paused"
3. Re: Prince of Persia Jan 30, 2013, 00:14 Trevellian

Jerykk wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 00:10:
I'd like to see them return to the story and setting of Prince of Persia 2008, only with the gameplay of the SoT trilogy. That would be the best of both worlds, really. Forgotten Sands was aptly named and didn't really do anything interesting aside from pausing time to solidify water, which wasn't really taken advantage of until the end of the game.

I wasn't interested in Emo Prince.
2008 brought me back to the series, had a great prince, a great concept with the ICO style cooperation between him and the girl.
Threw that all out to go back to the sands of time prince with an even more emo game, lost my interest in the series again.

2008 PoP deserves a proper sequel.

For the Republic

News Comments > Firefall Public Beta This Weekend
10. Re: Firefall Public Beta This Weekend Jan 22, 2013, 17:28 Trevellian

Kedyn wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 17:03:
Trevellian wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 12:46:
I'll be honest here.

The Closed Beta has been... eeeeeeeehhhhhhhh

So don't get to excited.

Hey Trevellian, what server/faction is C22 playing PS2 on?

Waterson, Republic.

For the Republic

News Comments > New Kickstarter Seeks to Race Back to the 90s
15. Re: New Kickstarter Seeks to Race Back to the 90s Jan 22, 2013, 15:23 Trevellian

John wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 13:51:
headshot wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 11:01:
90s? bring me a destruction derby reboot!!!11
No, bring back Interstate '76!

This... 1000x this.

I miss my I'76.

For the Republic

News Comments > Firefall Public Beta This Weekend
1. Re: Firefall Public Beta This Weekend Jan 22, 2013, 12:46 Trevellian

I'll be honest here.

The Closed Beta has been... eeeeeeeehhhhhhhh

So don't get to excited.

For the Republic

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
18. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 15, 2013, 23:53 Trevellian

jdreyer wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 23:51:
Bhruic wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 23:37:

I must admit to curiosity as to why you would actually finish a game that you all apparently disliked that much? When I dislike a game, I generally stop playing it.

Because they wanted their money's worth, dammit?

Pretty much this. We stomached it enough to get about half way through, hoping it would get better. When it didn't we stopped playing it for months... Eventually one day we got bored, wanted it to not be a complete and total waste of money, and to see the ending... which was another source of the frustration at how bad the game was. The ending didn't even make it worth the trip.

For the Republic

12. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 15, 2013, 22:52 Trevellian

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 22:40:
Trevellian wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 22:08:
Dead Island was a fucking terrible experience and myself and the 3 people I played coop with wanted a full refund after finishing the garbage ass game.

The fact that it was allowed to have a Game of the Year edition, because ONE online review site gave it game of the year, is appalling to me. They were allowed to release it right before christmas too so parents would see "Game of the Year" on the box and go "oh my kids like zombies maybe they'll like this" and sell more copies to unsuspecting victims.

The first game was the ONLY GAME I have actually felt I wasted 50 bucks on. Normally I love Zombie games, but the story was horrible, the combat was horrible, the animations were horrible, and it was just all in all awful.

How it made enough money to warrant a sequel is beyond me.

uh...what!? Ok, the game sucked so bad, you and 3 others FINISHED IT in co-op mode? On top of that, you paid 50! bucks for it? Let me guess, console. The game was like $30.00.

ooooh...look at steamprices, it RETAILED for 49.99 on opening day. I am pretty sure I got a preorder for a lot less than that, or I bought a 4 pack witih friends. I rarely...RARELY pay full price retail - that is just being a bad consumer.

/edit: Yup, checking steam, 4 pack with Verno and others. Game is a hoot. I have it for both xbox and pc. Buddy brings his xbox over and we sit side by side on 40 inch LCDs playing. Other than Saints Row 3, I haven't had that much fun with co-op in a hellaofalongtime.

Good for you, you paid less and you actually enjoyed the game.

We didn't. If I had enjoyed the game I wouldn't have cared about the 50 bucks. Doesn't make our disappointment in it any different because you got a deal. Whether we got it at 50 bucks, or 30 bucks, we still would have thought it was shit and a waste of money. We finished it, uninstalled it and have never thought about installing it again.

For the Republic

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 15, 2013, 22:08 Trevellian

Dead Island was a fucking terrible experience and myself and the 3 people I played coop with wanted a full refund after finishing the garbage ass game.

The fact that it was allowed to have a Game of the Year edition, because ONE online review site gave it game of the year, is appalling to me. They were allowed to release it right before christmas too so parents would see "Game of the Year" on the box and go "oh my kids like zombies maybe they'll like this" and sell more copies to unsuspecting victims.

The first game was the ONLY GAME I have actually felt I wasted 50 bucks on. Normally I love Zombie games, but the story was horrible, the combat was horrible, the animations were horrible, and it was just all in all awful.

How it made enough money to warrant a sequel is beyond me.

For the Republic

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Patched
8. Re: Borderlands 2 Patched Jan 10, 2013, 11:18 Trevellian

Creston wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 11:14:
Beamer wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 11:11:
Just in time for me to get my Siren to level 50, the last class for me to do it with, and stop caring about the game forever.

Assassin and Zerker were way more fun than the Siren.

You shut your filthy mouth!!!! YOU SHUT IT RIGHT NOW!!!

There there, Maya. Don't listen to the evil man. He's confused, he doesn't know what he's saying. You're the best character in the game, you are.

Creston

She really is, especially with a properly done Ruin/Converge build. Groups of enemies become amusing.

I ended up liking my Mechromancer far more though, the Make it Sparkle/Upshot Robot build with some ricocheting bullets, interspersed outburst and shock cloud is amazingly devastating.

For the Republic

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Patch Plans
6. Re: PlanetSide 2 Patch Plans Jan 9, 2013, 16:06 Trevellian

Gas Bandit wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 12:56:
Hope they do something about the game crashing every 1.5 hours on win XP. I rather like this game.

Hah, you're lucky the game even runs on XP. I don't blame them for not supporting it one bit. Quit being stubborn and upgrade to Win7 already.

For the Republic

News Comments > Morning Previews
4. Re: Morning Previews Jan 7, 2013, 19:11 Trevellian

Who the fuck uses the tiniest greyest font possible on a white background and makes their fucking article a pain in the ass to even bother wanting to read? Gamesplurge does!  

For the Republic

News Comments > Steam Linux Stats - Linux Console This Year?
2. Re: Steam Linux Stats - Linux Console This Year? Jan 6, 2013, 13:40 Trevellian

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 6, 2013, 13:35
uestion:
If you have never used Linux before (namely Ubuntu) and never used Windows 8 before, how likely is the average joe going to switch to it just for gaming? [/quote:

Ubuntu isn't much different than Windows to be honest. Things are in different locations etc. I have my computer dual boot so I can play with it from time to time. I'd switch over to it fully if enough developers started making their games run on Linux.

For the Republic

News Comments > Firefly Universe Online
15. Re: Firefly Universe Online Jan 6, 2013, 01:26 Trevellian

Creston wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 23:53:
At least with the kickstarter, we'll finally settle the question of "How many fans did this show really have?" once and for all.

Creston

Not really, as I'm a huge fan of the show and don't want to see a shitty half assed MMO set in it's universe. It will settle absolutely nothing.

For the Republic

News Comments > Firefly Universe Online
3. Re: Firefly Universe Online Jan 5, 2013, 17:29 Trevellian

jdreyer wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 17:05:
Wallshadows wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 16:58:
I'd much rather have another season...

Heh, so would I, but given that it's been 10 years, and Joss now does Avenger movies, and the various actors have successfully moved on to things like Chuck, Castle, Suits, and, uh, Robot Chicken, among other projects, it seems extremely unlikely. On the other hand, they brought Arrested Development back...

Still, this seems the best we're likely to get, and an Eve-style game set in the Firefly universe sounds very intriguing, although I'd much prefer a Walking Dead style Firefly adventure game. Firefly was all about the character relationships, after all...

They very recently aired that Firefly 10th Anniversary Reunion thing on Science Channel where they got them together for a group interview and panel at Comic Con this year. They all still seem to pretty much have that "Never say never" attitude. And an animated series was even considered due to the fact they all have projects they're pretty much bound to now. They all seem to 100% love Firefly and are disappointed it no longer exists though. It was a really good special, Fillion and Tudyk both shared ideas they had for episodes, as well as the Producer (I believe it was Buchanan) finally gave up the secret of what the deal behind Inara was and where they would have taken the character in further seasons.

That being said, I'd really wish they'd just leave it alone. I would have loved more episodes, but don't want to see the universe marred by worthless crap if it's not going to be done right and officially with Whedon involved.

It's a shame Fox kills off good shows.

For the Republic

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II DLC Revealed?
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II DLC Revealed? Jan 2, 2013, 15:36 Trevellian

Cutter wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 12:03:
Golly! Another map pack for Call of Doody?! What are the odds?! So kind of them to do this and not rely on players to make maps with an editor or anything. Derp!

But Cutter, what you're suggesting would cause the fans to have to do all this hard work to continue playing the game they like instead of just buying the new game each year and then Activision would never make any money, don't you want them to make money? I mean then they'd have to come up with another IP instead of just milking the one they have each year. It's hard for such an uncreative company to come up with new ideas, considering they never had any of their own to begin with and just bought other companies who already had successful games. You're asking a lot here.

For the Republic

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Sells 1MM
5. Re: Torchlight 2 Sells 1MM Jan 1, 2013, 14:30 Trevellian

They deserve to sell 3x as many copies as Diablo 3 for making a better game at 1/3 the pricetag.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer
21. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer Dec 28, 2012, 21:37 Trevellian

1badmf wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 21:12:
it was frankly shocking how much better KoH director's cut was compared to the theatrical release.

as for prometheus, i hafta agree with dades - it wasn't a salvageable script. just because it had a bit of subtlety thematically doesn't overcome the incredibly braindead plot or characters. a great movie can't be that flawed and still be great. trev you imply that those of us that didn't like it, simply didn't understand it. i hafta say, dude, it wasn't that difficult to grasp at all, and it still sucked. big donkey dick. if you thought it was that complex, maybe it's you that needs to expose yourself to more art and culture, and eventually you'll see that its subtext end up being more insulting than enriching.

Just because I enjoyed a movie that you did not, does not make me uncultured. It's ridiculous to even insinuate such a thing. You're just being insulting for the sake of being insulting.

For the Republic

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer
17. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer Dec 28, 2012, 20:53 Trevellian

Dades wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 20:12:
Trevellian wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 19:00:
The movie was terrible to you, not people who understood it, it's intentions and where it was to lead. Once again, opinions. I never went into Prometheus expecting it to directly link up to Alien at the end because I knew that was what he was avoiding.

Sure opinions but Prometheus is not exactly a complex or difficult to understand film. Plenty of people saw the unsubtle allegories and symbolism but still didn't like it because as Jerykk mentioned, it was filled with inconsistencies and had the usual Damon Lindelhof script treatment. Prometheus was almost a large budget B flick as a result of that and the cutting room, the differences between the theatrical and extended are jarring.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Scott's extended versions being superior to the theatrical versions are sort of a running theme unfortunately. I actually got into an argument over Kingdom of Heaven with a friend when I saw it because he didn't understand the motivation for killing the priest at the beginning, without spoiling anything for anyone who may not have seen it, there is about 20 minutes prior to that in the Extended cut that cause it to actually make sense. I don't understand why this consistently happens to Scott's films, you'd think people would just trust his instincts by now based on how much more people buy his Extended/Director's Cuts than the originals.

For the Republic

950 Comments. 48 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo