Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 1023 (Pro)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > WoW Plans Microtransaction-fuelled XP Boosts?
14. Re: WoW Plans Microtransaction-fuelled XP Boosts? Jul 5, 2013, 15:12 Trevellian

kamodius wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 14:27:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 12:25:
nin wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 10:47:
WOW...miss the friends, but I don't miss the game.

I miss both, but it's particular parts of the game that I miss. Pre-TBC raids, TBC raids and instances. Sadly when they made it "easier" they dropped the entire quality of the game.

Sure.. if unending grinds for resist gear and soul-wrenchingly tedious attunement quests (over and over and over for new members) and having 15 useless people out of 40 were your idea of fun.

Sure. How're those rose-colored glasses fitting?

/backs away slowly

Vanilla raids definitely had issues.

But on the TBC issue he is correct. The way raids worked in TBC was the way it should have been done. Complete 1 raid to get attuned for the next raid. It's called progression. It wasn't tedious.

I also don't recall ever needing resist gear for anything other than a few bosses in AQ40 and in Naxx, and it wasn't exactly tedious to do as most of it could be crafted half the time.

Whereas where they went after that was the "Invite everyone and his brother who has never played the game to the highest raid currently in game" as well as "Queueing for dummies"

My glasses are not rose colored. I quit the game after it was obvious they were making it a casual experience.

-C22
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
16. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 5, 2013, 12:13 Trevellian

Creston wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 11:19:
As for Yahtzee's review of the Last of Us... (spoilers)

I looked upon the title as "the last of us with any shred of humanity left," which would be Ellie. And by the end of the game, yes, Ellie has lost that. Because, well, she really had no other choice.

I agree with his niggles, though if you die that much from Clickers, then you either tremendously suck at games, or just somehow have not yet figured out that you can save yourself with a shiv if a Clicker grabs you. And have not figured out that "Throw bottle at area, wait five seconds, throw molotov cocktail at area" wipes all of them out anyway.

Really about the only time I die in LoU are during the swarm sequences, or if I royally fuck up on stealth (though not always due to a fault of my own) and eight bandits charge me.

The AI completely ignoring Ellie is very weird, and while I appreciate that I don't have to endlessly replay sections because the fucking AI keeps getting her killed, it's so fucking weird to have her bleat out "LOOK JOEL, THE EXIT!" from a foot behind me right as I'm about to sneak up on the guard of said exit, or her walking one step in front of two bandits who are coming down the stairs and are about to trip my nail bomb. Which then doesn't affect her in the slightest. I would definitely have preferred a better solution to that. Telling her to hide and sit still would have been a ton better than what we have now.

Anyway, don't listen to him, it's a fucking GREAT game.

Creston

Yes normally I agree with a lot of his opinions on games when it comes to the stupid things they do. But the top comment on Yahtzee's video pretty much summed up exactly how I felt about his opinion of the story. In other words, he completely missed the point of the main character, they did a masterful job of having you virtually play the "villain" the entire game without telling you. (spoilers)

-C22

News Comments > The War Z Name Change
9. Re: The War Z Name Change Jun 19, 2013, 19:54 Trevellian

"I made the zombies. I was never as good as my totally-not-made-up brother, Zed, and we're totally different people. Ah, I need a drink." - Dr. Ned

On another note, their new website is just as shit as the game to reflect the quality I guess. It's so broken it was painful to even visit it.

-C22

News Comments > NASCAR The Game: 2013 Early Access
4. Re: NASCAR The Game: 2013 Early Access Jun 18, 2013, 10:29 Trevellian

Awwww hell yeah, I am so ready to make left turns.  

-C22

News Comments > Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback
1. Re: Blizzard Confirms Titan Setback May 29, 2013, 09:51 Trevellian

Ha ha  

-C22

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Evening Consolidation May 29, 2013, 02:00 Trevellian

Maybe I'm thinking to hard here but.
They said the system only needs to connect once every 24 hours. To make the people who said the system doesn't require a Constant Internet Connection happy.

Wouldn't using the cloud REQUIRE a constant internet connection for your system to utilize it?

So again, what happens to people with no internet connection? What happens to people with shitty internet connections?

Does that mean if a company programs a game for a system "3 times more powerful" because Microsoft told them they could, and I don't have/have a weak internet connection, my gaming experience would suffer and my game would run shittier because I'm not on the cloud?

These are the questions these fucking sites need to be asking, they need to do their fucking job.

-C22

News Comments > PC Destiny Talk
2. Re: PC Destiny Talk May 24, 2013, 10:30 Trevellian

I just wish they'd quit dicking around and put it on PC so I don't have to decide if I want a PS4 at launch to play Destiny. If they put it on PC I could easily push back my decision on buying a PS4 till they release something like Uncharted 4 that I absolutely have to play and is an actual exclusive.  

-C22

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Trailers
2. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Trailers May 21, 2013, 21:13 Trevellian

OMG Fish AI, and Jungles that look almost as good as Crysis 1  

-C22

News Comments > Batman Arkham Origins Trailer
1. Re: Batman Arkham Origins Trailer May 20, 2013, 11:13 Trevellian

Hmmm... Black Mask and Deathstroke... With what sounds like the old voice actor for BM at least. I may have to eat my words if they can keep Rocksteady's gameplay going with a good story. But it's hard to tell from a CG trailer how the gameplay stands up.  

-C22

News Comments > David Jaffe Joins Autoduel Project
7. Re: David Jaffe Joins Autoduel Project May 16, 2013, 23:24 Trevellian

Interstate '76 is still my favorite and probably most played game online in the 90's next to Quake.

And I loved, loved Twisted Metal.

Jaffe and Norman sound like a dream team to make my favorite game ever.

-C22

News Comments > Ubisoft Financials
1. Re: Ubisoft Financials May 15, 2013, 20:26 Trevellian

Amazing what backing off of ridiculous drm will do for business isn't it Ubisoft.  

-C22

News Comments > Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming
34. Re: Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming May 15, 2013, 15:11 Trevellian

TangledThorns wrote on May 15, 2013, 13:45:
If DICE can make a Star Wars: Battlefield then I'm all in!

I don't think you're quite understanding the concept that it will not actually be DICE. It will be Danger Close renamed to DICE LA. Meaning the same failure team that had the abysmal Medal of Honor Warfighter release...

Do people really not read the article at all and just go "oh cool It's DICE!" This is the type of shit EA is relying on with this name change, don't be that guy.

-C22

News Comments > Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming
8. Re: Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming May 15, 2013, 10:03 Trevellian

So instead of letting the ACTUAL DICE make a Battlefront game.... They rename the shitty studio that made Medal of Honor to DICE LA and hand THEM the Star Wars franchise?

They've already blown it and they haven't even started making a game yet.

"Welp, MOH was such a financial disaster and a failure at retail that we had to cancel the MOH series entirely... We should just let them make a Star Wars game" Brilliant!

-C22

News Comments > EA's Battlefield Domain Spree
22. Re: EA's Battlefield Domain Spree May 8, 2013, 23:53 Trevellian

Slick wrote on May 8, 2013, 23:40:
Redmask...

so i guess i misread this: "The price argument also ignores several important factors like the quality of the content provided for the money"?

that wouldn't fall into the category of your opinion would it?

and your argument that be cause more people buy BF games now somehow changes raw numbers is just silly.

$110 is $110 is $110.

you can't argue with math. there is no argument.

Inflation means that $110 in 2001 is worth more than $110 in 2011. you also cannot argue with this.

you don't have an argument, but have spent many words illustrating this... you seem to be fixated on this idea that since more people buy a game, it should be cheaper? (well as i've already shown with simple logic, $110 in 2011 IS CHEAPER than $110 in 2001) So i guess the more popular something is, the less it should cost? is this your reasoning? cause i have a bitter pill you need to swallow about reality...

you say: "EA prices its products according to what it can get away with and they are essentially going to continue raising the price over time and iterating more often."

what are you talking about??? i've shown you multiple times that OBJECTIVELY BF games have gotten CHEAPER FOR THE END USER since 2001. and yet you choose to ignore this, and instead spew the exact opposite like it's truth.

STOP LYING.

I told you, your facts and math offend the average user. You need to spit more vile hatred towards EA if you want to be liked. You're doing it wrong man.

-C22

News Comments > EA's Battlefield Domain Spree
11. Re: EA's Battlefield Domain Spree May 8, 2013, 19:20 Trevellian

Slick wrote on May 8, 2013, 13:59:
love noobs qqing bout premium... sigh

bf 1942 and all xpacks = 110$

bf2 and all xpacks = 110$

bf3 and all xpacks = 110$

noobs who dont know their history are ruining gaming

This is Bluesnews. Take your math, and facts elsewhere.

-C22

News Comments > Pacific Rim Game Rating Sighted
6. Re: Pacific Rim Game Rating Sighted May 6, 2013, 10:56 Trevellian

nin wrote on May 6, 2013, 09:50:
Jivaro wrote on May 6, 2013, 09:45:
A game about giant robots battling giant monsters in random environments should be good brainless fun. I am sure they will find a way to make it suck though.

Sound like the old SNK game, King of Monsters.

No one has ever done it right since then. They've tried a few times with Godzilla games but it never comes out good.

-C22

News Comments > Borderlands 2 "Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep" DLC in June
3. Re: Borderlands 2 May 2, 2013, 21:48 Trevellian

nin wrote on May 2, 2013, 20:36:
I'm more than a little disappointed the last DLC isn't invading the Hyperion space station...maybe they'll do another season.

I'm more interesting in whether or not the main stories ending is pointing towards their original Borderworlds idea or not.

-C22

News Comments > Neverwinter Open Beta
15. Re: Neverwinter Open Beta Apr 30, 2013, 23:43 Trevellian

The game is mediocre at best.

It's only saving grace, and the only real reason to play the game, "The Foundry" isn't even implemented yet.

For those who haven't read a damn thing about the game, "The Foundry" is an editing tool that will allow DM's to create their own dungeons and story's for other people to play through.

That is the only thing I can see giving this game any longevity and it's not even ready yet.

-C22

News Comments > Respawn's Debut an MS Console Exclusive?
8. Re: Respawn's Debut an MS Console Exclusive? Apr 29, 2013, 22:13 Trevellian

And Respawns ventures went from "interesting to me" to "go fuck yourself I'm not buying an Xbox"

-C22

News Comments > Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed?
11. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed? Apr 29, 2013, 12:47 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Apr 29, 2013, 11:09:
Call of Duty World at War was the peak for me in terms of features vs cost and the community. Great MP in that game and pretty much every PC feature you could think of. I don't bother with them anymore, the games haven't evolved enough IMHO.

World at War's player base was pretty awful though. I recall going 109-10 on a map being called a hacker and the server admin banning me because he couldn't beat me. Fun times. All i remember is it was some burnt out town and I just ran a pattern like I used to do in Doom with Scavenger and a PPSh and constantly had radar up due to the amount of kills I was getting.

I liked it's campaign the most though, helped that Gary Oldman and Keifer Sutherland voiced the 2 main guys you interacted with. I love me some Gary Oldman (He was Reznov if you weren't aware).

-C22

1023 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo