Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 1033 (Pro)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced
11. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 8, 2013, 17:28 Trevellian

NKD wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 16:28:
Trevellian wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 16:18:
Kill off all the characters people who played Warcraft loved?
Retcon it all by doing a shitty time traveling expansion?
Fuck WoW and fuck their writers.
What drivel.

What characters are you referring to?

Everyone who was relevant? Last I read about the Pandaria storyline and this new assault on Orgimmar patch they had, Cairn was dead, Thrall was dead, Arthas/Lich King has been dead, Illidan has been dead. The only ones left are Proudmore and Sylvanas/Banshee Queen from the original games that anyone gives a shit about.

The fact of the matter is they've lost anyone interested in the original Warcraft RTS Lore at this point and time travel is a piss poor way of dealing with it. It's an incredibly trite and pathetic way to pull a mulligan.

-C22
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced
3. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 8, 2013, 16:18 Trevellian

Kill off all the characters people who played Warcraft loved?
Retcon it all by doing a shitty time traveling expansion?
Fuck WoW and fuck their writers.
What drivel.

-C22

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Known Issues
55. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 5, 2013, 16:19 Trevellian

Glykon wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 14:48:
Glad I got my 100 USD back.
WTf would anyone wanna play on a map with only 3-5 more infantry and rest afk, snipers, tanks/aero...in this century ??
We had 128 players like 20 years ago !
Come on, stop supporting these idiots making console games and declaring thats all a PC gamer should be happy with.

At least Planetside 2 is free and has thousands of players on same time.

Sorry, as someone who fully supported SOE and spent well over 200 dollars on Planetside 2 because I was a Planetside 1 player and believed in their vision... Planetside 2 is just garbage compared to Battlefield 4 gameplaywise.

SOE completely dropped the ball with what Planetside 2 should have been, we're going on 1 year into release and they still haven't gotten Hossin in as a continent, still haven't got battle islands in, still haven't gotten Continental Locks or Sanctuarys in, they still haven't even optimized the fucking game.

As someone who LOVED PLANETSIDE 2 TO DEATH, the game is fucking dead in the water until they pull their heads out of their asses. Planetside 2 has become nothing but a giant zerg with the same boring fights day in and day out on Indar, no one even utilizes Amerish, they still haven't even gotten lattice onto the freaking continent for christ sake. Fuck SOE. They're worthless and they squandered the opportunity to make the ultimate Battlefield killer by dragging their asses and not listening to PS1 players during the original beta.

Until then Battlefield 4 gives a much more fun experience, when played on hardcore, with no minimaps, no hud. It's realistic, it's actually squad based, and it's challenging, and you actually feel like you've accomplished something when you get a win or loss screen.

-C22

45. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 22:16 Trevellian

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 21:08:
DangerDog wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 20:00:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 16:12:

I just refuse to support a hidden subscription fee by charging $120.00 up front for a game we haven't seen, don't know what DLC is, a re-skinned game with some new gimmicks, and almost annual releases.

It is insulting, if they want to do this, they should Kickstart it.

I purchased the game like I usually do, around $48 mark with a discount coupon from one of the various online e-tailers. It's not a subscription, even if you add Premium together with the retail copy of BF4 it's right at the same price if you purchased BF2 and all the DLC for it.

I usually get hundreds of hours of gameplay out of Battlefield games, 28 hours on your BF3 profile I can see that it's not really your bag.

I was hoping for BF2143 myself, I doubt we'll see a military BF5 next year now that EA is working on the 'Star Wars' Battlefield game.

I haven't had it that long, and a lot of GREAT games have come out since. I had it before the humble bundle, but didnt' play it. I like the BF series I really do, I just won't reward them for what they have done.

I played BF2 competitively for money, we did very well and it was some of the best gaming I have ever done.....but they are a long ways from that.

They already butchered Battlefront...not sure what else they could do.

How did they butcher Battlefront? That wasn't DICE's game, the next Battlefront will be the first DICE Made Star Wars game. I for one am excited. Cause as good as BF4 is I can only imagine it with Star Wars shit.

-C22

21. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 14:03 Trevellian

DangerDog wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 13:45:
I don't envy Dice's position, marketing bearing down on them to release before Call of Duty frenzy and right on top of two new consoles and a rather major release update to Windows 8.

Given the massive challenge to support the jigsaw-puzzle PC configurations alone it's amazing that the game works even as buggy as it is.

I guess I just got lucky with my PC puzzle pieces as I haven't experienced anything as frustrating inducing as what I've read on the forums. Not everyone is crashing, I saw someone using flare grenade type last night and it's suppose to unlock after you've made 3000 grenade kills or something.

I mostly played single player for the first couple of days and avoided the server crash issue for the most part, I do have to say that once again Dice doesn't really have a grasp on how to do a single player Battlefield game. It's far to few and between where you are given even a medium sized sandbox experience. They didn't clutter it with too many 'quicktime events' but way too many dialog cut scenes and various other bits where the game takes over your movement - even for extremely odd bits like climbing a small flight of stairs just so they can show off some more stylized animation of grabbing hand rails. So many recycled assets, perhaps an artifact of still designing around legacy consoles. A room full of Navy soldiers all with the same exact head model is rather sad.

The flare is definitely not 3000 grenade kills.
I know because I have it unlocked. It definitely took a lot of kills/assist points to unlock. But you finally get it only to realize it's absolutely useless. Oh boy, I can toss a flare to light up an area. What map is that useful on? None.

-C22

17. Re: Battlefield 4 Known Issues Nov 4, 2013, 13:25 Trevellian

A lot of the crashing out in the first few days now, got server queues back in. Theres one glaring sound bug caused by Silenced QU88's but I'm sure that'll be fixed.

Despite the bugs? Having way too much fun in game to care, this is the game BF3 should have strived to be.

-C22

News Comments > Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans
24. Re: Bungie on Lack of PC Destiny Plans Nov 4, 2013, 13:19 Trevellian

They could have, you know. Solved this problem by ditching the PS3/360 versions, and making it a true Next Gen title on PS4/X1/PC and only been working on 3 platforms all with the same basic architecture. How many PS3/360 copies do they really think they're going to sell with new consoles out? I sure as hell wouldn't play such a beautiful looking game on an old and busted system.

Someone at Bungie is a fucking bonehead as far as I'm concerned.

-C22

News Comments > New WHQL GeForce Drivers
8. Re: New WHQL GeForce Drivers Oct 28, 2013, 13:28 Trevellian

All I know is they added the Beta of Shadowplay.

And it works beautifully. Much more simple than Playclaw or Open Broadcast, much smaller file sizes than Fraps. No slowdown at all from what I've tried recording so far.

I thank them for this.

-C22

News Comments > Devolver's Blood Hint
2. Re: Devolver's Blood Hint Oct 22, 2013, 21:58 Trevellian

Shadow Warrior remake is fucking amazing fun, if Devolver redid Blood I'd totally buy it too.  

-C22

News Comments > Titanfall Announcement Today
5. Re: Titanfall Announcement Today Oct 22, 2013, 13:40 Trevellian

InBlack wrote on Oct 22, 2013, 10:20:
Every time I read mech game news, I keep hoping against hope for a singleplayer Mechwarrior game. Fuck Piranha, why didnt they just kickstart a single-player campaign. Fucking greedy fucks, the money is in F2P MMOS! YEAH LETS DO THAT!!

Because it's fucking great.

I'm sorry you don't like it but some of us do. I put a good 4-6 hours in a night killing little bitches in my AS7-D-DC or RVN-3L.

I don't need a fucking single player, Mechwarrior is about combat, you're not going to get the same intelligence or skill level of learning the little ins and outs of turning your mech away to absorb certain blows, or using certain cover or strategies, that you would out of an AI pilot. Simply put AI combat in a Mechwarrior game is BORING, and for the slow to react who want enemy mechs who will just walk out and pound on each other.

I'm perfectly happy with the 12 on 12 games. Keep your single player. If single player was the only reason you ever bought Mechwarrior games I don't see how you can even call yourself a real Battletech fan. There was no AI in P&P Battletech, it was all strategy vs strategy. Just like MWO is.

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2013, 13:52.

-C22

News Comments > NVIDIA "R331 Game Ready" Driver
6. Re: NVIDIA Oct 21, 2013, 17:09 Trevellian

I've had no problem with any of the drivers. I find it odd how many people have.  

-C22

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Stronghold HD and Stronghold Crusader HD
2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Stronghold HD and Stronghold Crusader HD Oct 21, 2013, 13:39 Trevellian

I remember really loving the first game then just thinking the series got lost after that. So I may actually have to pick up at least the original in HD.  

-C22

News Comments > Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained
65. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 21, 2013, 10:29 Trevellian

Kitkoan wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 10:19:
Pr()ZaC wrote on Oct 21, 2013, 10:02:
Does the STEAM description misleads the buyer somehow?
If that's the case, I would want a refund for sure.

Kinda does.

It never mentions that it's not a complete game, but in a post in the forum section the developers clearly state "The idea was then formed to make Dark Matter an episodic series, with episodes selling at a budget price of $14.99. Any further episodes would, however, need to be dependent on the success of the previous instalment. The first instalment is what has launched recently on Steam and is simply called Dark Matter."

This is the only mentioning that it's going to be a episodic game, and isn't found anywhere on the store page.

They also only posted and mentioned this AFTER people had bought the game. When people where already angry. It's an excuse and nothing more.

Same thing with StarDrive, release the game, it goes on sale, tons of people start buying it because it was supposed to eventually have Multiplayer in it etc. Then the Dev suddenly pretty much tells everyone to suck his testicle and they get what they bought and he's never adding Multi and he's moving on to making another game.

Like I said earlier on in the thread. Avoid anything published by Iceberg Interactive. Apparently they like to hire lazy and toxic Indie Dev's who don't ever plan on finishing their work.

-C22

News Comments > Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained
17. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 20, 2013, 17:46 Trevellian

Yet another failure project produced by Iceberg Interactive.

First they let Zero Sum games get away without completing all that was promised of StarDrive.

Now they back another developer with an incomplete game.

The moral of the story is, don't buy anything Iceberg Interactive publishes until they understand picking up an indie dev to make some quick cash off an incomplete game is wrong.

-C22

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 18, 2013, 14:11 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Oct 18, 2013, 10:23:
Naughty Dog Won't Port The Last of Us To PlayStation 4.

I am totally ok with that, I want Naughty Dog working on new stuff and blowing our minds. I don't even want a sequel to The Last of Us, it was a perfectly fine standalone game.

I just want a new Uncharted Trilogy on PS4. Still my favorite series of this past generation.

If they do decide to make another Last of Us, or even multiple sequels, the best thing they could do is not make it a sequel. Make each game it's own individual story about different survivors. I'd be okay with that if Sony absolutely demanded they make another.

-C22

News Comments > The Crew Delayed
4. Re: The Crew Delayed Oct 15, 2013, 22:58 Trevellian

I'm just glad to see Ubisoft delaying games in the name of quality instead of just pushing to release trash at the console launch dates.  

-C22

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads
14. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Sep 30, 2013, 13:39 Trevellian

jimnms wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 13:25:
I wish EA would give BF3 owners an "upgrade" discount. I like BF3, but BF4 feels more like an expansion than a new game. I honestly I don't feel I've gotten my money's worth out of BF3 yet, so I'm not dropping another $40-60 on BF4. I pre-ordered BF3 ($42 from Amazon), and I think I played the pre-order map twice because few servers ran it and those that did were usually empty. I then picked up the rest of the DLC from Amazon during the xmas sale, but have played very few of those maps as well.

I would pre-order BF4 right now if it were $30, otherwise I'll wait and hope enough people stick to BF3 until BF4's price drops under $30.

Most of us who preordered and played BF3 got hundreds of hours of gameplay out of it and are ready to move on to BF4. The new weapon attachment system and squad unlocks per game for working together system are enough to make me anxious. Squads actually having to work together to get bonuses each game? Who'd have thought.

I'm sure you'll find a few people who stick with BF3, but BF4 is where it's going to be at, obviously.

-C22

News Comments > Saints Row IV "GAT V" Pack Free Today
8. Re: Saints Row IV Sep 17, 2013, 10:58 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 10:20:
There were several save breaking bugs related to mission scripting and the weapons bug was obnoxious.

If you didn't encounter any then hey you were fortunate but they were there.

What was the weapons bug? I guess I was fortunate, I played through the entire thing in 2 sittings with no problems and had a blast. I'm still 12 clusters from collecting all of them though.

-C22

News Comments > Rise of the Triad Patch and Free DLC
2. Re: Rise of the Triad Patch and Free DLC Sep 16, 2013, 22:32 Trevellian

ItBurn wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 19:46:
I guess I'm going to have to buy their game even though I don't have time to play it...

Granted I haven't got to play it as much as I'd like cause I'm usually busy. But I've got through 3 or 4 levels so far, and it feels oldschool and fun, if that means anything.

-C22

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers Becomes Homeworld: Shipbreakers
16. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers Becomes Homeworld: Shipbreakers Sep 2, 2013, 19:33 Trevellian

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 19:12:
killer_roach wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 18:24:
Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 18:03:
With Randy Pitchford involved in any capacity this game permanently dropped off my radar. Remember Duke Nukem Reloaded? Why would anyone sign any kind of contract with this idiot unless they were desperate.

DNF and A:CM were both simply cases of pushing a game that somebody else had 90% completed out the door. Yes, they half-assed both of them, but it's really hard to care about something that you picked out of the garbage.

I wasn't talking about either of those. I specifically said DUKE NUKEM RELOADED. But if you want, Gearbox was in charge for over a year of DNF's development and marketing after picking up the rights and reorganizing everything. They were in charge of all 6-7 years of A:CM's development after Sega gave them the contract. In both instances Randy Pitchford blew it. Now in the case of Duke Nukem Reloaded he deliberately swindled Interceptor Entertainment with a contract filled with loopholes designed to keep them from ever releasing a game they developed out of their own pocket.

Randy Pitchford SCREWS every studio he touches.

The funny thing is, if you actually read the article you yourself posted. Randy Pitchford had no say in the shutting down of Reloaded whatsoever. Schreiber specifically says the "Meeting with the Executives" was the end of Reloaded. The Executives and their responsibility to the shareholders are a step above Pitchfords paygrade and decisions.

I'm mostly just tired of people hating on the guy for no really good solid reason at this point.

-C22

1033 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo