Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 1064 (Pro)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > StarDrive 2 Announced
8. Re: StarDrive 2 Announced Feb 26, 2014, 15:32 Trevellian

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 10:53:
There was also a tons of complaints on the forum about the dev did not complete the game as some promised features were not implemented, he called the game feature complete and moved onto other things (obviously working on SD2)
However he was still putting out patches for StarDrive so not sure why all the outcry.
I believe this is a 1 man show type developer.
Not sure if the dev team grew for SD2 or if it is still just him.

Not sure why all the outcry? Besides not fixing everything. One of the PROMISED features of StarDrive was Multiplayer.
Which he decided to tell everyone to go fuck themselves over and then moved on.

So he can go fuck himself if he expects any money from me again. Multiplayer or not in SD2.

-C22
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Rambo The Video Game
11. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Rambo The Video Game Feb 21, 2014, 14:42 Trevellian

TotalBiscuit just started streaming this game on Twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/totalbiscuit

IT'S FUCKING ON RAILS, LIKE A LIGHTGUN SHOOTER.
HI-FUCKING-LARIOUS

-C22

News Comments > Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims
31. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 13:29 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 12:29:
Creston wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 11:56:
It's very possible that the game simply IS this good. I haven't played it, so I can't judge it. The videos make it look pretty decent, if also fairly standard pew pew pew hitscan multiplayer fare.

It's really just average to good IMO, some people here are playing it up way too much. I logged 20ish hours with the beta and thought the movement and general flow of the game is excellent but the hitscan weaponry is all samey, the AI grunts are a waste of space and I thought the Titans themselves were extremely boring to use.

I only saw the 2 beta levels so maybe there are better maps that would bring it up but it would be a low 80s game for me at best. Graphically its quite dated too and there are a noticeable lack of physics, deformation and other modern design aspects. Two titans battling might as well be a transformers cartoon knockoff, there is no external feedback or environmental impact. Someone on another forum likened it to characters fighting with nerf guns and that is pretty apt IMO. The game is at its strongest when you're just cruising around with the well implemented parkour elements and fighting actual people, not AI grunts or titans. Also using "AI" to describe what they have in that game is too generous, my coffeemaker has stronger AI. They are literally the dumbest bots I have ever seen in any game and they don't even work if you try to think of them as MOBA style fodder.

So yeah it's not a bad game at all and a decent exclusive for Microsoft to hang its hat on but it's not the OMG 95+ Metacritic circlejerk that you know is coming.

That is essentially all the AI was meant to be. Think of Titanfall as an FPS MOBA-lite.

You have to play Hardpoint to actually realize this though. When you play Hardpoint, they can capture the points (Just as a moba mob can attack/destroy a tower) so there is reason to actually kill a squad of them headed to one of your points. As well as the fact that killing them takes time off of your Titanfall timer (equivalent to getting gold in DOTA/LoL to get better gear)

It really is brilliantly designed when you think of it that way if you play Hardpoint. I can see where it's not as obvious on Attrition.

I spent most of my time with the game playing Hardpoint specifically because of this, that and having fodder AI truely gives you what I call the "Halo experience" in which your "Pilot" is essentially the equivalent of Halo's "Spartans". Where whenever you run by AI controlled squads they get excited and talk you up. It most absolutely adds another level of depth to what could have been an otherwise boring game.

I spent 9 hours straight one day playing it and not once got bored. I can't say the same for BF3 or 4, or any other FPS honestly since the original Modern Warfare.

-C22

News Comments > Wolfenstein in May; Preorders Get Future DOOM Beta Access
15. Re: Wolfenstein in May; Preorders Get Future DOOM Beta Access Feb 19, 2014, 14:37 Trevellian

Looks absolutely awful.

And I don't expect Doom to be any better. I wish they'd give Doom some respect and let the name die.

-C22

News Comments > Adam Orth Making a Game - Deal With It
10. Re: Adam Orth Making a Game - Deal With It Feb 10, 2014, 20:07 Trevellian

hey Orth, not buying your game! Deal with it.  

-C22

News Comments > February is Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month
12. Re: February is Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month Jan 28, 2014, 18:01 Trevellian

DangerDog wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 16:22:
I could use the all pistols unlock one, too lazy to play in a pistol only server.

If the next patch breaks more than it fixes this will be the end of the great BF4 experiment.

It took me like 2 hours tops to unlock all the pistols in a pistol only server running 24/7 Locker.

Don't waste your money on something you can do in a short amount of time.

-C22

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online Steam Early Access
10. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online Steam Early Access Jan 14, 2014, 19:47 Trevellian

I beta tested this, long story short, it's just fucking Future Soldier's multiplayer more or less. Nothing special.

And it's not a fucking MMO and they need to stop calling it that. It's no different than CS:GO, you have a menu screen and kit screens and you queue up for games.
That is not a fucking MMO. If that is a fucking MMO then Call of Duty is an MMO.

When did MMO expand to encompass games that simply have a F2P model and that queues you up for games?

-C22

News Comments > Another DiRT Hint
2. Re: Another DiRT Hint Jan 13, 2014, 11:47 Trevellian

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 10:45:
We will see how much of that promise actually be carried over into the game.
They've said the same thing before Dirt3 came out too.
Wish they would just get rid of all the car acrobatic shit and put back the hill climb competitions for example.
I will wait for reviews before I give Codemasters money again.

Seriously. I didn't mind the Rally Cross races in Dirt 2, those happen, no big deal. But the Gymkhanawhateverthefuckbullshit in Dirt 3 needed to go the fuck away. Especially when you needed to do one to complete a championship, fuck... that. Everthing else about Dirt 3 felt so right, like the rally's. But that shit... ruined the whole game for me... that and GFWL which they still have yet to remove from it even though it's been promised.

-C22

News Comments > Rambo Trailer; Game Release Next Month?
1. Re: Rambo Trailer; Game Release Next Month? Jan 10, 2014, 11:27 Trevellian

I can't wait, I'm gonna buy like 8 copies of this. And send them to people I hate.  

-C22

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Weekly Update Plans
2. Re: PlanetSide 2 Weekly Update Plans Jan 9, 2014, 10:59 Trevellian

In other words instead of breaking the game every 2 months or so we're going to break it every week.

Good lord.

-C22

News Comments > BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed
20. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 14:52 Trevellian

Ryan Lange wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 14:07:
Bucky wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 13:22:
Where else can you cover an ATV in C4, send it flying at an enemy tank only to have another enemy tank crash into him, and then blow them both sky high while watching from a safe distance?

Pretty much any game with ATVs, C4, and tanks. PlanetSide 2, for example.

You cannot attach C4 to moving vehicles or max's in Planetside 2.

They did that specifically to avoid this tactic that people use in Battlefield.

This comment was edited on Dec 31, 2013, 14:57.

-C22

News Comments > New Year's Eve with Batman
7. Re: New Year's Eve with Batman Dec 24, 2013, 17:34 Trevellian

Also to add.
Next year is Batman's 75th Anniversary. To not have a Arkham game release on that Anniversary would be a lost marketing chance. There for sure will be a Rocksteady Arkham game released in conjunction with the Anniversary.

-C22

4. Re: New Year's Eve with Batman Dec 24, 2013, 14:16 Trevellian

Rhino wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 13:52:
Trevellian wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 13:17:
You have to remember Origins was not made by Rocksteady, it was made by WB Montreal. It's sort of the Assassin's Creed "Revelations" of the series because of this, a stop gap that was thrown in between 2 major titles to make money on the name.

This very well could be Rocksteady announcing the ACTUAL sequel to Arkham City that was teased during their award reception (Arkham World) by Joker who was accepting it.

My speculation for that is high based on the fact that Kevin Conroy said he was still involved with Batman (despite not being the voice for Origins)

But I will definitely be checking Dec 31st to see what is up.

I do remember that; but from a franchise perspective it would, to me, still be too soon. They would run the risk of burnout/franchise fatigue.

Why? Arkham Asylum had an announcement for Arkham City right in the game. They "officially" announced Arkham City in December, 2 months after Asylum was out, they announced Origins, 2 months after City was out.

It wouldn't exactly be a shock to announce the next game 2 months after Origins is out.

-C22

2. Re: New Year's Eve with Batman Dec 24, 2013, 13:17 Trevellian

You have to remember Origins was not made by Rocksteady, it was made by WB Montreal. It's sort of the Assassin's Creed "Revelations" of the series because of this, a stop gap that was thrown in between 2 major titles to make money on the name.

This very well could be Rocksteady announcing the ACTUAL sequel to Arkham City that was teased during their award reception (Arkham World) by Joker who was accepting it.

My speculation for that is high based on the fact that Kevin Conroy said he was still involved with Batman (despite not being the voice for Origins)

But I will definitely be checking Dec 31st to see what is up.

-C22

News Comments > "Full-Fledged" Tom Clancy's: The Division on PCs
23. Re: Dec 20, 2013, 16:14 Trevellian

Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 12:45:
This si the game that was for sure not coming to PC, now coming to PC, and now not going to be a port.

I hope this game is as good as the trailers make it look.

I don't recall them ever once saying "For Sure" not coming to PC. It was simply announced at E3 as a console title, and after 2 days of people spamming Ubisoft with PC interest they said they'd make a PC version.

-C22

News Comments > Insanity's Blade Kickstarter Funded; New Demos
1. Re: Insanity's Blade Kickstarter Funded; New Demos Dec 18, 2013, 06:43 Trevellian

Yaaaaay another 8-bit sidescroller style game.
This is what I bought a 500 dollar video card for. To play Super Nintendo games. These are starting to get old now.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the want for the nostalgic feel. But if you're going to make a sidescroller can you at least try and make it look interesting.

Deadlight would be a great example.

-C22

News Comments > Just Cause 2: Multiplayer Mod on Steam
7. Re: Just Cause 2: Multiplayer Mod on Steam Dec 16, 2013, 23:25 Trevellian

My group C22 has a server running for this, we had about 140 people populating the server a bit ago. Feel free to use it.  

-C22

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker
15. Re: Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker Dec 11, 2013, 13:51 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 10:44:
Jivaro wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 10:21:
Verno wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 10:08:
The rumors of a yearly iteration involving another internal EA studio just make my shake my head.

I thought EA told their stockholders at the last meeting that their release schedule for 2014 did not have a BF game for console or PC, just DLC packs. There are rumors claiming that isn't true or am I misunderstanding what you're saying?

There are rumors based on LinkedIn postings and other stuff that Visceral (I think?) is gearing up to do yearly offshoots with Dice. I really don't want yearly Battlefield iterations for obvious reasons, they can barely release a playable game every 2 years.

Considering how they just mentioned they would like to revisit the Bad Company characters. I don't entirely see this as a bad thing. Let DICE work on the major BF releases, let Visceral continue doing some stories for the Bad Company guys in between. I'd be down with that as I loved the characters. And it would allow DICE that 2 year release schedule for the main series.

-C22

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV Blackbeard's Wrath DLC Tomorrow
10. Re: Assassin's Creed IV Blackbeard's Wrath DLC Tomorrow Dec 10, 2013, 16:21 Trevellian

Creston wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 11:14:
Tehol wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 03:29:
Main story is not that very interesting compare to far cry 3, it felt like they cut the story in the middle for sake of DLCs.

More likely for the sake of the next AC game. (edit, you said that two posts later. Sorry. ) They've already announced all the SP DLC they're doing for Black Flag.

But I like Edward, so I would be perfectly fine with them doing more games with him, like they did with Ezio.

I doubt this will happen unfortunately as Ubisoft apparently wants to continue Assassin's Creed in the fashion they have no chosen, hitting other points of history, which I'm fine with.

While also making a purely Pirate driven IP. Which makes me even happier. So maybe in a way they could continue using Kenway there, and his do like... More adventures of Kenway when he wasn't involved with all that shit in Black Flag, or something. But I feel that'd be kinda awkward. The age of Pirates seems so short in comparison to other areas of history, there isn't much more you can do with it. Most of the well known pirates have been tapped out already in Black Flag.

-C22

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV Blackbeard's Wrath DLC Tomorrow
5. Re: Assassin's Creed IV Blackbeard's Wrath DLC Tomorrow Dec 9, 2013, 23:59 Trevellian

Yeah I can't say I was disappointed in getting the hour long Aveline content on PS4, or the fact that Freedom Cry will be out soon for more story stuff.

I've definitely gotten my moneys worth out of the game and put well over 60 hours into it, and I'm not even done with the main story.

-C22

1064 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo