Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 1035 (Pro)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Weekly Update Plans
2. Re: PlanetSide 2 Weekly Update Plans Jan 9, 2014, 10:59 Trevellian

In other words instead of breaking the game every 2 months or so we're going to break it every week.

Good lord.

-C22
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed
20. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 14:52 Trevellian

Ryan Lange wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 14:07:
Bucky wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 13:22:
Where else can you cover an ATV in C4, send it flying at an enemy tank only to have another enemy tank crash into him, and then blow them both sky high while watching from a safe distance?

Pretty much any game with ATVs, C4, and tanks. PlanetSide 2, for example.

You cannot attach C4 to moving vehicles or max's in Planetside 2.

They did that specifically to avoid this tactic that people use in Battlefield.

This comment was edited on Dec 31, 2013, 14:57.

-C22

News Comments > New Year's Eve with Batman
7. Re: New Year's Eve with Batman Dec 24, 2013, 17:34 Trevellian

Also to add.
Next year is Batman's 75th Anniversary. To not have a Arkham game release on that Anniversary would be a lost marketing chance. There for sure will be a Rocksteady Arkham game released in conjunction with the Anniversary.

-C22

4. Re: New Year's Eve with Batman Dec 24, 2013, 14:16 Trevellian

Rhino wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 13:52:
Trevellian wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 13:17:
You have to remember Origins was not made by Rocksteady, it was made by WB Montreal. It's sort of the Assassin's Creed "Revelations" of the series because of this, a stop gap that was thrown in between 2 major titles to make money on the name.

This very well could be Rocksteady announcing the ACTUAL sequel to Arkham City that was teased during their award reception (Arkham World) by Joker who was accepting it.

My speculation for that is high based on the fact that Kevin Conroy said he was still involved with Batman (despite not being the voice for Origins)

But I will definitely be checking Dec 31st to see what is up.

I do remember that; but from a franchise perspective it would, to me, still be too soon. They would run the risk of burnout/franchise fatigue.

Why? Arkham Asylum had an announcement for Arkham City right in the game. They "officially" announced Arkham City in December, 2 months after Asylum was out, they announced Origins, 2 months after City was out.

It wouldn't exactly be a shock to announce the next game 2 months after Origins is out.

-C22

2. Re: New Year's Eve with Batman Dec 24, 2013, 13:17 Trevellian

You have to remember Origins was not made by Rocksteady, it was made by WB Montreal. It's sort of the Assassin's Creed "Revelations" of the series because of this, a stop gap that was thrown in between 2 major titles to make money on the name.

This very well could be Rocksteady announcing the ACTUAL sequel to Arkham City that was teased during their award reception (Arkham World) by Joker who was accepting it.

My speculation for that is high based on the fact that Kevin Conroy said he was still involved with Batman (despite not being the voice for Origins)

But I will definitely be checking Dec 31st to see what is up.

-C22

News Comments > "Full-Fledged" Tom Clancy's: The Division on PCs
23. Re: Dec 20, 2013, 16:14 Trevellian

Agent.X7 wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 12:45:
This si the game that was for sure not coming to PC, now coming to PC, and now not going to be a port.

I hope this game is as good as the trailers make it look.

I don't recall them ever once saying "For Sure" not coming to PC. It was simply announced at E3 as a console title, and after 2 days of people spamming Ubisoft with PC interest they said they'd make a PC version.

-C22

News Comments > Insanity's Blade Kickstarter Funded; New Demos
1. Re: Insanity's Blade Kickstarter Funded; New Demos Dec 18, 2013, 06:43 Trevellian

Yaaaaay another 8-bit sidescroller style game.
This is what I bought a 500 dollar video card for. To play Super Nintendo games. These are starting to get old now.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the want for the nostalgic feel. But if you're going to make a sidescroller can you at least try and make it look interesting.

Deadlight would be a great example.

-C22

News Comments > Just Cause 2: Multiplayer Mod on Steam
7. Re: Just Cause 2: Multiplayer Mod on Steam Dec 16, 2013, 23:25 Trevellian

My group C22 has a server running for this, we had about 140 people populating the server a bit ago. Feel free to use it.  

-C22

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker
15. Re: Battlefield 4 Bug Tracker Dec 11, 2013, 13:51 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 10:44:
Jivaro wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 10:21:
Verno wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 10:08:
The rumors of a yearly iteration involving another internal EA studio just make my shake my head.

I thought EA told their stockholders at the last meeting that their release schedule for 2014 did not have a BF game for console or PC, just DLC packs. There are rumors claiming that isn't true or am I misunderstanding what you're saying?

There are rumors based on LinkedIn postings and other stuff that Visceral (I think?) is gearing up to do yearly offshoots with Dice. I really don't want yearly Battlefield iterations for obvious reasons, they can barely release a playable game every 2 years.

Considering how they just mentioned they would like to revisit the Bad Company characters. I don't entirely see this as a bad thing. Let DICE work on the major BF releases, let Visceral continue doing some stories for the Bad Company guys in between. I'd be down with that as I loved the characters. And it would allow DICE that 2 year release schedule for the main series.

-C22

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV Blackbeard's Wrath DLC Tomorrow
10. Re: Assassin's Creed IV Blackbeard's Wrath DLC Tomorrow Dec 10, 2013, 16:21 Trevellian

Creston wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 11:14:
Tehol wrote on Dec 10, 2013, 03:29:
Main story is not that very interesting compare to far cry 3, it felt like they cut the story in the middle for sake of DLCs.

More likely for the sake of the next AC game. (edit, you said that two posts later. Sorry. ) They've already announced all the SP DLC they're doing for Black Flag.

But I like Edward, so I would be perfectly fine with them doing more games with him, like they did with Ezio.

I doubt this will happen unfortunately as Ubisoft apparently wants to continue Assassin's Creed in the fashion they have no chosen, hitting other points of history, which I'm fine with.

While also making a purely Pirate driven IP. Which makes me even happier. So maybe in a way they could continue using Kenway there, and his do like... More adventures of Kenway when he wasn't involved with all that shit in Black Flag, or something. But I feel that'd be kinda awkward. The age of Pirates seems so short in comparison to other areas of history, there isn't much more you can do with it. Most of the well known pirates have been tapped out already in Black Flag.

-C22

News Comments > Assassin's Creed IV Blackbeard's Wrath DLC Tomorrow
5. Re: Assassin's Creed IV Blackbeard's Wrath DLC Tomorrow Dec 9, 2013, 23:59 Trevellian

Yeah I can't say I was disappointed in getting the hour long Aveline content on PS4, or the fact that Freedom Cry will be out soon for more story stuff.

I've definitely gotten my moneys worth out of the game and put well over 60 hours into it, and I'm not even done with the main story.

-C22

News Comments > Project Ascender Revealed
6. Re: Project Ascender Revealed Dec 7, 2013, 02:38 Trevellian

Scheherazade wrote on Dec 7, 2013, 01:08:
Hump wrote on Dec 6, 2013, 21:42:
RotT remake was a big disappointment. Hope this fares better

I had fun with it.

Obviously not an AAA title graphics-wise, and the gameplay was "dated", but then again, that was the point.

-scheherazade

I don't think some people understand that some of us WANT gameplay that is dated.

I enjoy my BF4, don't get me wrong. But I really, REALLY want an old, skillbased, learn the maps and powerups location, twitch, crazy weaponed, Quake/UT style dated gameplay arena FPS.

No setting up your kits with the most overpowered weapons and attachments you have. Just go, start with your pistol, make do with the first weapon you can grab.

-C22

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Announced
22. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Announced Dec 3, 2013, 09:43 Trevellian

"Proven track record"....
Yeah, they proved they could make one of the worst reviewed games of all time in "Ride to Hell Retribution".
Games Workshop needs to stop handing out the 40k license to nobodies.

-C22

News Comments > PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week
1. Re: PC Battlefield 4 Patch This Week Dec 1, 2013, 13:37 Trevellian

Fixed the "one-hit kill bug" where occasionally damage from a single bullet was applied multiple times

Fucking seriously?

-C22

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Trailer
6. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Trailer Nov 30, 2013, 21:41 Trevellian

Why is Games Workshop letting all these failure companies make 40K games?

Last I had heard I thought Creative Assembly was supposed to be making a 40k Total War game, wtf happened to that?

-C22

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 21, 2013, 11:52 Trevellian

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 10:48:
Yeah but 1 vs how many?

I still think it's funny how opposite this console generation is compared to the last one, where Sony was the Asshole, but Microsoft had the RROD.

How is it opposite? Even if 10,000 PS4's are broken (which at this point I highly doubt there are or it would be a statistic on every single gaming site so far, at most estimated is like 1,000), that would be less than 1% failure rate.

Nowhere even close to the RROD's 15+%
or the PS3's 5%
or the Wii's 5%

In fact if they're anywhere close to 1% thats a fucking magnificent launch. There will always be hardware failures.

You may want to wait and see if Microsoft botched their manufacturing again and how many of their consoles have hardware failures tonight when the system actually launches and people start getting systems in their hot little hands before you start fanboying.

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2013, 12:12.

-C22

News Comments > Star Lords Trailer
9. Re: Star Lords Trailer Nov 20, 2013, 12:40 Trevellian

gilly775 wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 08:59:
Trevellian wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 01:21:
Oh look, another Iceberg Interactive backed game.

90% chance that the game promises features that will never end up in the game, or just isn't even complete at all!
*cough StarDrive cough Dark Matter cough*

Yeah, and they produced Endless Space, so what's your point?

And Endless Space was an awful mess as well, so what is your point?
The combat system in the game is atrocious. It's a shitty roll the dice, rock paper scissors and hope you win combat system. There was no hint of skill to it at all. You could lose 2 ships against 1 equally classed ship because you guessed an ability wrong on one stage of the fight. That is just absolute piss poor programming. Why would I ever want to play a game with combat when the result is more or less random as to whether I win or not?

Sins Rebellion is still the standard by which I judge all present 4X games, and it will remain so until someone does it better. Hell even Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes is a better 4X game than Endless Space.

-C22

News Comments > Star Lords Trailer
5. Re: Star Lords Trailer Nov 20, 2013, 01:21 Trevellian

Oh look, another Iceberg Interactive backed game.

90% chance that the game promises features that will never end up in the game, or just isn't even complete at all!
*cough StarDrive cough Dark Matter cough*

-C22

News Comments > No Wheel Support for NFS Rivals
18. Re: No Wheel Support for NFS Rivals Nov 19, 2013, 01:50 Trevellian

Last halfway decent NFS was Hot Pursuit anyway. Most Wanted was shit, The Run was shit, I expect this one to be just as shit.

The Crew looks much better

-C22

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 15, 2013, 14:09 Trevellian

John wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 13:23:
Trevellian wrote on Nov 15, 2013, 13:11:
Got mine at Midnight last night.
Turned it on, took maybe 5 or 6 minutes to get the day 1 patch done.
put in the Killzone disc. As soon as the disc was in it started installing.
Was playing within about 35 seconds or so.
The system is solid, I love it. Resogun and Contrast are both free for PS+ Members for the launch which I thought was cool.
Gonna go back to playing now.
Thanks for the update! How does Killzone look and play? I'll have to sign up for PS+ too after I get mine setup.

Well lets be fair.
It's not doing anything a PC hasn't been able to do for a year or two now.
Despite that, the game looks and plays fantastic. Solid 60FPS framerate. Much more colorful than past Killzone games, mostly because it takes place in Vekta instead of Helghan (You'll be familiar with the city if you've played Mercenary as well, also a fantastic game, and probably the best looking handheld game I've ever played)

I do have 2 major gripes with the game that weren't a problem in past Killzone's.
1. The objectives in the upper right, they used the absolute most awful font for possible, making it nearly impossible to read.

2. There is no way to display a waypoint on where to go next like other Killzone games had. I found myself at a deadend for 5 minutes at one point, till I figured out I could climb up a rock wall. Being not used to climbing in FPS games, this never even occured to me as an option.

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 2013, 14:24.

-C22

1035 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo