Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 963 (Graduate)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Spicy Horse Announces Hell Invaders
12. Re: Spicy Horse Announces Hell Invaders Apr 25, 2013, 18:14 Trevellian

Cutter wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 17:56:
jdreyer wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 14:25:
Cutter wrote on Apr 25, 2013, 10:41:
Why does McGee not want to make games at home? Too cheap? Rather outsource then hire domestically?

An endless supply of hot Chinese women to date, obviously.

Weird you should mention that. I dunno if it's just I'm looking at more asian women of late or they're just getting hotter but I've seen plenty of hot ones around lately. I've only been with a few in my time and with the exception of one, they were no great shakes in bed.

The Japanese or Phillipino ones are great in bed. Japan is more open sexually than China. I did the FWB thing with a coworker from Japan once, it was... ridiculous.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Spicy Horse Announces Hell Invaders
8. Re: Spicy Horse Announces Hell Invaders Apr 25, 2013, 12:14 Trevellian

Looks awful.

Think he needs to retire.

For the Republic

News Comments > XCOM Shooter "Fresh Look" Reveal in "Days"
20. Re: XCOM Shooter Apr 24, 2013, 12:38 Trevellian

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 09:25:
Beamer wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 09:18:
I think it was, at best, a moderate success.

I'm under the impression that it did very well for a strategy game. It surely didn't pull AAA FPS numbers, but it also didn't cost AAA FPS money to produce. I haven't heard anything about layoffs at Firaxis, which is generally a sign of a successful product.

Actually I have a friend who i hang out with on weekends who was working as a Temp Animator for Firaxis on X-Com. And they have him a full time job about 3 weeks ago. So I'd say they did fairly damn well if they can afford to bring Temps on board as full time employees.

This comment was edited on Apr 24, 2013, 12:43.

For the Republic

News Comments > Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP
71. Re: Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP Apr 23, 2013, 18:07 Trevellian

netnerd85 wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 03:48:
Theo wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 03:25:
Lets face it at this point the IPs been dead for 10 years, i can see this turning out like the AoE2 HD remake; IE terrible
You mean making terribly large amounts of money? It's been in the steam top ten for weeks.

I'm still trying to figure out the terrible part.
They made shitloads of money, they patched problems quickly, it has functioning online multiplayer, and it looks fucking good. How does he figure it's terrible? I think he missed the part where they didn't "Remake" anything, just fixed the art to work on higher resolution.

For the Republic

News Comments > "Strong Possibility" Relic to Make Dawn of War 3
14. Re: Apr 23, 2013, 15:03 Trevellian

PropheT wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 14:05:
Whiskers wrote on Apr 23, 2013, 10:17:
Hopefully it's more DoW 1 and less DoW 2. A mix of DoW 1 and CoH 1 would be amazing.

That's pretty much what Dawn of War 2 already is, minus the base building. Have you played it with the expansions?

The game needed more of the factions represented in the tabletop game, but the mechanics of it after the expansions were pretty much the same as CoH. The population cap was too low in general, but you can mod that.

I get the impression that people are basing DoW 2 off of the single player rather than closed multiplayer games with AI opponents that compares to the skirmish-mode single player of DoW 1.

It didn't compare in any way. DoW 1's multi was far superior. I couldn't play more than a few rounds of DoW 2's before I got annoyed with the low pop caps. DoW 1 was more... Starcraft meets CoH. I liked it much much more. Tons and tons of units but still control point victory's could be had.

That and, you know. by the 2nd expansion DoW 1 had 3x as many factions playable as DoW 2 did by it's 2nd expansion.

For the Republic

56. Re: Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP Apr 22, 2013, 19:35 Trevellian

Atomic wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 19:30:
Trevellian wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 19:23:
Yes because "Leading Digital Platforms" totally says "Consoles" and is in no way a reference to Steam, GOG.com, Origin, Amazon Digital, Gamestop Digital etc.

I see your point, guess it is just semantics. I never think of those in the context of a platform, but a service.

Those are Digital Distribution Platforms. Consoles are Physical Distribution Platforms. Yes, both PS3 and 360 have started carrying digital downloads of games as well. But Homeworld was a PC game, and they are looking to make a quick turnaround by re-releasing the originals with minimal effort put in. Meaning probably higher resolutions and a new Online service for multiplayer at best. They aren't looking to figure out how to make them work on a console, that would take far more effort than getting them put back out into the PC space, where they belong.

For the Republic

54. Re: Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP Apr 22, 2013, 19:23 Trevellian

Atomic wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 19:14:
KS wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 18:09:
Brian intends as first priority to direct Gearbox's interest to preserve and assemble the purest form of the original acclaimed and beloved games, Homeworld and Homeworld 2, with the intent of making them accessible on today's leading digital platforms

Translation : Let the console-oriented rape commence.

I was thinking tablets, but yea, surprised no one else has picked up on that. Obviously, they are not thinking of a PC game, or they would of said "on today's cutting edge hardware".

Yes because "Leading Digital Platforms" totally says "Consoles" and is in no way a reference to Steam, GOG.com, Origin, Amazon Digital, Gamestop Digital etc.

For the Republic

45. Re: Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP Apr 22, 2013, 18:20 Trevellian

Prez wrote on Apr 22, 2013, 18:06:
It seems a little unfair to judge Gearbox on how Aliens and DNF turned out. Both were extremely troubled products that had a sordid history before Gearbox even touched them. My only real concern with them acquiring the Homeworld IP is that they have no experience making RTS's , though I imagine they can easily hire some talent to fill that gap. I certainly hope they wouldn't try making a Homeworld-based FPS.

I'll admit Gearbox was not on my wishlist for companies I was hoping would acquire the property, but as someone who loved the Borderlands series more than America and apple pie I am willing to give them a chance here. After all, a lot of the problems that Borderlands and its sequel had were inherent to being designed to run on consoles, and most likely any new Homeworld RTS would be designed PC first.

You pretty much some up my feelings well Prez. However I feel like their UI and PC support improved 10 fold between Borderlands 1 and 2 so I don't see them making a super shitty interface if they do Homeworld 3.

As well, even looking back at the originals I don't think it would be too hard to make a Homeworld sequel. The ship design was simple yet elegant, the combat and movement engines are already in place. Homeworld seems like an incredibly hard IP to fuck up, even Relic didn't rewrite the engine between 1 and 2 they just bumped up the graphics and added some new ships.

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 2013, 18:30.

For the Republic

32. Re: Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP Apr 22, 2013, 17:49 Trevellian

I knew before I even opened this comment thread that it would just be a cesspool of hatred towards Gearbox. You guys sure don't disappoint.

I for one am happy Homeworld 1 and 2 will finally see the light of day with possible updated HD Resolutions and functioning Steamworks multiplayer.

That's all I want, I don't need a Homeworld 3, I just want the originals, available and playable online with Steamworks.

Thats it. You can all go back to your circlejerk of anger towards Gearbox for finishing up someone elses games instead of grading them on their own merit (i.e. titles they actually worked 100% on).

Peace.

For the Republic

News Comments > Homeworld IP Sold; Kickstarter Refunding Pledges
13. Re: Homeworld IP Sold; Kickstarter Refunding Pledges Apr 19, 2013, 10:43 Trevellian

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 19, 2013, 10:34:
In my fantasy world, Creative Assembly bought the IP and have decided to put a temporary hold on developing the Total War series after Rome II so they can work on Homeworld III.

or they could call it....
Total War: Spaaaaaaaaaaaace

For the Republic

News Comments > Rise of the Triad Multiplayer Footage
22. Re: Rise of the Triad Multiplayer Footage Apr 17, 2013, 10:15 Trevellian

This was definitely made with those of us in mind who grew up playing Doom over BBS/Dwango, Quake and Rocket Arena, Duke3D and the original ROTT, for sure. And I love them for it.  

For the Republic

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Certs Gone Wild
22. Re: PlanetSide 2 Certs Gone Wild Apr 11, 2013, 20:45 Trevellian

So many of you claim to know so much about a game you all claim to not even or hardly play. It's hilarious.

The game has been improving with every update and the next one will return the game to a more Planetside 1 state with a funneling/lattice system and actual base capture timers.

They make you redownload 5 gigs every time there is a HUGE map update, i.e. the next update coming up with reworked bases and territory. This is because you have to download the entire map files for the giant maps with all the changes.

This cert thing is indeed a pretty serious fuck up. But it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. They can give people all the free certs in the world it won't make them a better player or able to take on organized outfits.

Quit fucking crying about a good F2P battlefield style game on a massive scale. Just like any other F2P game if you don't want to put a little cash into it to unlock a few weapons, or you don't want to put a few days of time in to unlock a weapon (Seriously, those of you crying that 1000 certs is a lot for a weapon, don't play the fucking game, you can easily make 300+ Certs in a few hours, I made 700 certs in 3 hours the other night) then you need to go play another fucking game anyway. You're what I refer to as a freeloader, a Free player who thinks they deserve the world. Get lost.

For the Republic

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins Revealed
9. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Revealed Apr 9, 2013, 13:41 Trevellian

If its not Rocksteady they might as well not release it. This series is dead, thanks WB! Prototype and Hulk are balls, no hope for this prequel.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Thunder Wolves Trailer
3. Re: Thunder Wolves Trailer Apr 8, 2013, 11:42 Trevellian

Looks like garbage, guess no one will ever beat the original Comanche.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans
13. Re: Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans Apr 7, 2013, 11:52 Trevellian

You'd think with all of the debri and destruction that the Frostbite engine provides they'd do the competent thing and bundle it with a 680GTX and enable PhysX.

I'm kind of spoiled by Planetside 2 now that they have turned PhysX on, it truly does make the destruction beautiful.

For the Republic

News Comments > Warframe Registers 1M Players
6. Re: Warframe Registers 1M Players Apr 6, 2013, 00:07 Trevellian

Most farm boss levels only for Warframe parts. Etc. Thats the only reason I could think of you not finding a group, I queue up regularly and find people.

The game isn't superb but it's fun with a few friends a couple times a week.

It is also technically still in beta. The game has not reached Version 1.0 yet. There is still Deathmatch to be added later on and such.

For the Republic

News Comments > Lara Croft: Reflections TMed
1. Re: Lara Croft: Reflections TMed Mar 22, 2013, 09:38 Trevellian

Proceed to speculate? They're already planning a sequel. How damn hard do you need to speculate. Can I get a job in the games industry speculating obvious shit? I assume it pays a lot to do nothing.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 21, 2013, 12:23 Trevellian

Old or not, he was more knowledgable and had more integrity (see article for when he refused to be the one to pull the plug during the Halo 3 trailer at the microsoft press conference and go to commercial) than anyone else on their station.  

For the Republic

News Comments > No Plans for Single-Player Tomb Raider Expansions
17. Re: No Plans for Single-Player Tomb Raider Expansions Mar 20, 2013, 10:39 Trevellian

As amazing as Tomb Raiders single player is, and how happy I am with it.

The multiplayer is awful. Something is seriously wrong with their camera positioning. It pales in comparison to Uncharted's multiplayer. So this was the only disappointing aspect of the game for me. Guess I won't be downloading the DLC.

For the Republic

News Comments > New Strider Game for PCs and Consoles?
7. Re: New Strider Game for PCs and Consoles? Mar 19, 2013, 18:18 Trevellian

HoSpanky wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 14:06:
If they make it a 2.5d game like the bionic commando remakes, it could be a fun little romp. Here's hoping they didn't try to "freshen it up" by making it a third-person platformer.

And why not? Ninja Gaiden is one of the most difficult and rewarding series put on the modern consoles. They could do the same thing with Strider.

For the Republic

963 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo