Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 1064 (Pro)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Battlepack Sales
5. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlepack Sales May 28, 2014, 01:02 Trevellian

Who cares, the game has been out over a year.
Anyone who plays the game with any sort of regularity has all the attachments for every weapon they like already.

Why should it matter to you if people want to cough up money for in game items if they suck or can't play as much as other people?
Does it hurt you in some way?
Does it affect your game?
Nope, sure doesn't. Cause when it all comes down to it they still die to the same bullets as everyone else in game.

They already did this with Mass Effect 3 anyway, in case you missed the memo.

-C22
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen at $44M
28. Re: Star Citizen at $44M May 24, 2014, 17:48 Trevellian

Tumbler wrote on May 24, 2014, 17:44:
[VG]Reagle wrote on May 24, 2014, 14:16:
Roberts is a CON MAN. He has constantly oversold games which either were vaporware (Freelancer), were disasters (Wing Commander) or were COMPLETE FRAUDS (Point of No Return)....

Wing Commander was a disaster!? WHAT!?

Who is this really? There has to be some personal agenda but I can't even think of another game that stands to lose if Star Citizen wins... Maybe the folks at CCP? It sure looks like a ton of eve players are looking to find a new home in Star Citizen...

So weird.

I'm still curious how he came to the decision that Freelancer was Vaporware.
I distinctly remember it being released, and playing it. And it still being one of my favorite games to this day.

-C22

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed
3. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Shipped, Reviewed May 20, 2014, 08:33 Trevellian

So far the reviews have been unexpectedly and surprisingly high.
But I mean they did focus on single player so who knows. Maybe it actually is a decent game.

-C22

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth Trailer
5. Re: Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth Trailer May 16, 2014, 10:48 Trevellian

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 16, 2014, 10:33:
They make their games to large with to many options and to many maps.

Oh, and I don't have premium, so the game isn't even playable anymore....can't find servers.

*slowclap

Ill go back to BF3.

There are plenty of non-map pack servers. I know this well as we play with a friend who didn't buy premium. And if you have no problems finding a server in BF3 then clearly you must have bought the map packs for it. So this is a silly cop out.

-C22

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth Trailer
2. Re: Battlefield 4 Dragon's Teeth Trailer May 16, 2014, 09:48 Trevellian

Task wrote on May 16, 2014, 09:44:
looks like they are going all crazy now... at the end you can see a floating, flying remote controlled mini-gun

I have BF4, but its more like Bloatfield 4 now. Its hard enough to find Rush servers, since rush mode was poorly done in this iteration. Most servers don't bother running the 3rd expansion pack maps, so its hard to find servers for those too.

That's because Rush was purely designed for Bad Company 2 with the maps specifically designed for it and smaller servers. There are very few maps designed around Rush for BF3 or BF4 because Battlefield has always been known for Large Conquest, Rush was a Bad Company thing, so I never expected it to be that great.

I don't see where the game is bloated, I like having options to choose my own playstyle. As fun as the GAMEPLAY in Titanfall is the one thing it lacks is options which cuts down on it's replay. In Battlefield I almost never get bored, I just switch class or focus on doing something different.

As buggy as BF4 is it's still the most fun I'm having on the PC right now with a group of friends. Battlefield Friends explains it well

-C22

News Comments > Interceptor Drops a Bombshell
25. Re: Interceptor Drops a Bombshell May 15, 2014, 13:23 Trevellian

This trailer made me walk next door and kick my neighbors dog.
And I love dogs.

-C22

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
9. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 10, 2014, 21:36 Trevellian

nin wrote on May 10, 2014, 21:02:
Cutter wrote on May 10, 2014, 20:49:
In short, MS got caught up in its own hubris and they realize it now. And as much as it may gall them to swallow their pride and admit they were wrong - which they'll never do anyway and just call it a "readjustment" or some such marketing BS - they pretty much have to or it's all over but the crying.

Which is totally ironic, considering how hobbled the PS3 launch was by price, hubris, and their various comments (people will work extra to buy a PS3, Trenton saying he'll pay money for people finding a ps3 in stock, etc)...

I can only hope that sony remembers the hard lessons learned...

They did remember, hence the PS4

-C22

News Comments > Dying Light Delayed
5. Re: Dying Light Delayed May 8, 2014, 21:44 Trevellian

Wouldn't buy another damn game from them after that messy piece of shit Dead Island anyway. Oh well.  

-C22

News Comments > On Advanced Warfare Realism and Sledghammer's Cancelled Game
21. Re: On Advanced Warfare Realism and Sledghammer's Cancelled Game May 5, 2014, 19:16 Trevellian

Cutter wrote on May 5, 2014, 18:19:
DarkCntry wrote on May 5, 2014, 15:28:
Stop trying to Cutter-up the conversation due to a reading comprehension problem and implementing red herrings.

Do you deny the existence of exosuits? Optic camouflage? Devices that allow climbers to adhere to specific surfaces?

What are you smoking? Show me one exoskeleton that does one of those things. We had jet packs in the 50s and they still haven't changed. We've had robots since then too and even for the ones that can walk it's just barely. You're on fucking crack if you think HALO style powered armor suits are going to be showing up anytime soon. You're the one with comprehension problems. Reality comprehension.

Just playing devil's advocate here. As I could care one shit about the COD series... but:
http://youtu.be/p2W23ysgWKI this is the HULC exoskeleton.
And you can easily search YouTube for many different versions of adaptive or optic camouflage that are in development.

The arguement isn't whether these things can do what they say they can RIGHT NOW, it's whether the technology can advance to be able to do those things 40 years from now. Which unless every military scientist on the planet becomes braindead is more than possible to happen.

Fourty.... Years.... not "Anytime soon"

Edit: Also after watching the trailer of the game on Steam, with the exception of the 1 or 2 guys who have the Crysis-style suits on. All the other soldiers with "Exo Skeletons" are more or less wearing the HULC Exsoskeleton, arms and leg braces. Elysium style more or less.

This comment was edited on May 5, 2014, 19:29.

-C22

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 24, 2014, 23:49 Trevellian

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 22:49:
Trevellian wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 22:19:
Game pissed me off within an hour. Not due to the Dark Souls level difficulty.
Due to the fact that they still didn't learn from the first game and the mouse and keyboard controls are horrid. On top of the fact that the prompts for everything still have Xbox Buttons.

Thanks Fromsoftware.
Another 50 dollar disappointment I get to try to forget.

The reviews for this game lied.

If you ever had the expectation they'd be completely redesigning the movement and combat to work well with KBM, then you're pretty out of touch. Customizable keybinds is the most you were going to get out of this, a game designed for controllers from the ground up. It's not an issue of port quality, it's base game design that is not compatible with your stubbornness. It's not a PC game, deal with it. I, on the other hand, am ecstatic to have a fantastic console game available on a platform that provides vastly improved graphical fidelity and performance out of the box.

Anyway, yeah, I'm playing at 19x12 and still have the black bars. I don't know if you can get rid of that even with the DSfix guy's new tool, but you should be able to configure it for any custom resolution you want.

Most of us are PC gamers, and I expected a PC game. Especially with all of the (Now Obvious) blatent lies that more development time went into the PC port. As much as everyone hates Gearbox around here, you could take the difference between Borderlands 1 and 2 on PC as a fine example. They didn't need to reinvent the wheel, just show the PC gamers the respect they deserved in the UI and Control department. That is hardly a challenge to accomplish correctly.

In Short
I'm glad you're happy with your Console game. However I paid for a game on PC and expect a PC experience. They're shills for lying to the fanbase outright. Period. No matter how happy YOU are with the game.

-C22

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dark Souls II Apr 24, 2014, 22:19 Trevellian

Game pissed me off within an hour. Not due to the Dark Souls level difficulty.
Due to the fact that they still didn't learn from the first game and the mouse and keyboard controls are horrid. On top of the fact that the prompts for everything still have Xbox Buttons.

Thanks Fromsoftware.
Another 50 dollar disappointment I get to try to forget.

The reviews for this game lied.

-C22

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance
10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Apr 3, 2014, 14:57 Trevellian

Tumbler wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 10:50:
Hunh, I was a little interested in this before watching this youtube clip. It's the Ipad version but I doubt the pc version is a lot different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZH87pWXgSA

I was hoping it would be something like hearthstone where you go head to head against another human but this is all AI?

Researching...oh wait, no it is multipayer. Cross platform even! Plus the pc version mentions they just added dreadnaughts and stormboyz! Sold.

This seems like a game I can squeeze in with 10 min like Hearthstone.

Why would you give them money for this fucking crap?
the 40k universe deserves so much better than a fucking Plants vs Zombies game.

Pathetic.

-C22

News Comments > Titanfall Optimization Tips
30. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 16, 2014, 07:42 Trevellian

"I suck at the game and im going to cry hacks." That's all I got out of the last few posts. Keep making up excuses for yourselves. There will always be someone better than you. Especially people who have been playing COD for years and are already used to the aiming mechanics in this game because of it. Get over it. I place in the top 3 almost 75% of my games played (this is a stat you can look up in game BTW) and probably about 30% of those placings were MVP. In all that time I have MAYBE been suspicious of ONE person for hacking. But apparently you guys run into them regularly. I find that incredibly difficult to believe.

If you don't like the game. That's fine. Don't like it. But dont make up bullshit like "everyone else is hacking" because you suck as a reason to give to other people. Its pretty pathetic. And this isn't the only game I've seen people do this with here. Just stop.

-C22

16. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 21:31 Trevellian

Beamer wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 20:27:
Trevellian wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 18:28:
Nighthawk wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 17:45:
Scottyl42 wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 12:57:
Rumor on Twitter is that the sales numbers are disappointing? I'm not sure. I didnt like the beta but I had hoped it sold well.
I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with it being an EA release, maybe gamers are actually starting to speak with their wallets.
As curious as I am about this game, those 2 letters are stopping my purchase.

If the numbers are disappointing, I more place it on EA's poor decision to make it Microsoft Exclusive. PS4 is clearly the better selling system. Why you would go with exclusive to Microsoft is beyond my scope of comprehension. Microsoft had to offer them a hell of a fucking lot of money to offset the loss of sales they are missing by not being cross platform. Because not only are they missing the PS4 (Better selling next gen platforms sales) but the PS3 sales as well, which a lot of people had switched to, and which had caught up to and bypassed the 360 in sales by the end of the generation.

I hope they're taking that big bag of money Microsoft once again handed over to someone knowing that Sony had them over a barrel into their profits.

Well, you're kind of calling things in hindsight, as this deal was almost definitely made at least 18 months ago, so unless you knew in 2012 that the PS4 would outsell the XBone...

And as for the PS3 catching up in the end, the 360 sold far more games. And, given that this is basically a CoD game and aimed at the CoD fan, which platform do you think sold significantly more CoD games?

Not really hindsight, Titanfall being XB1, 360 and PC exclusive was not a decision made 18 months ago. At least as far as Respawn knew. They didn't find out about it till after E3 this past year, neither did anyone else. In fact during E3 the way Respawn was talking about it was that it would be on Playstation as well, little did they know apparently. Which was a big deal.

And it wasn't really difficult to predict PS4 would be the better selling system because Microsoft had already lost touch and lost ground by the end of last generation. Long before their E3 blunders.

-C22

10. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 18:28 Trevellian

Nighthawk wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 17:45:
Scottyl42 wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 12:57:
Rumor on Twitter is that the sales numbers are disappointing? I'm not sure. I didnt like the beta but I had hoped it sold well.
I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with it being an EA release, maybe gamers are actually starting to speak with their wallets.
As curious as I am about this game, those 2 letters are stopping my purchase.

If the numbers are disappointing, I more place it on EA's poor decision to make it Microsoft Exclusive. PS4 is clearly the better selling system. Why you would go with exclusive to Microsoft is beyond my scope of comprehension. Microsoft had to offer them a hell of a fucking lot of money to offset the loss of sales they are missing by not being cross platform. Because not only are they missing the PS4 (Better selling next gen platforms sales) but the PS3 sales as well, which a lot of people had switched to, and which had caught up to and bypassed the 360 in sales by the end of the generation.

I hope they're taking that big bag of money Microsoft once again handed over to someone knowing that Sony had them over a barrel into their profits.

-C22

News Comments > WildStar in June
16. Re: WildStar in June Mar 12, 2014, 21:49 Trevellian

Been in BETA for months.

Boring.

Another WoW Clone just like ESO is.

I hope to hell SOE's risk taking with EQ Next and trying something new for a change pays off. Cause I would really like to like an MMO again at some point.

-C22

News Comments > Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio
59. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 12, 2014, 09:07 Trevellian

Redmask wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 07:21:
Cabezone wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 22:37:
I have a 120gb ssd for my os and a 500gb ssd for games. That's more than enough room. If you can't afford to get anything other than a 120 SSD....get a platter drive and stop bitching.

Complaining about the install size is just bitching cause you like to bitch.

No, you're just being unreasonable. What about 100GB? 200GB? According to you there is no install size too large. This isn't an MMO and there is no reason for me to need 4GB of polish language files if I don't speak the language. It is entirely unnecessary and a pointless waste of space, taking up nearly half of a 120GB SSD is absurd and frankly you look like a clown for a defending it. I also don't just assume that everyone can afford the same computer specs and storage space.

So here is a thought, don't put it on your SSD with your OS and quit bitching about it. It's not like the game fucking loads slow jesus christ. I have a 120 SSD for my OS as well, and I put Titanfall on my 1TB non SSD HD and it doesn't load slow at all.

You literally are just bitching to bitch.

-C22

News Comments > Titanfall Reviews
13. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 10, 2014, 21:22 Trevellian

Redmask wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 20:49:
Bucky wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 20:30:
Also, if I recall correctly, the beta hit 2 million people.

They opened it up to all of Xbox Live so I'm not surprised.

I think a lot of you have forgotten that games are about fun. Not bashing a game because of who developed it or published it because some guys reviewed it on private servers. Get over it. So disappointing to read any of the comment threads on here anymore.

People are talking about the review process for the most part, not the game. I thought the beta was ok but nothing special. If you're having more fun with it than I did then kudos. I think its pretty unfair to say that people don't like fun because they don't share your opinion on this game.

It really has nothing to do with this game in particular. It just seems like news about every big game on Blues gets shit on by a few regulars who like to regurgitate the same lame jokes over and over. Usually directed at specific Publishers/Developers, without actually ever trying a game.

I'm well aware a lot of people aren't going to share my opinion on this game. But just because it's by the same guys who made Modern Warfare (And lets be honest the FIRST Modern Warfare was fucking awesome) is not a reason to instantly file the game under COD Clone. Because it's not.

This place used to be fun, is my point.

-C22

News Comments > Titanfall Reviews
6. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 10, 2014, 20:08 Trevellian

I really don't see what you guys are all butthurt about. Thousands of people got to play the Beta on the public servers and it was fun

While ya'll are sitting here being crotchety as fuck for no good reason I'm going to enjoy the best fast paced FPS I've played (in BETA) in years. If the other 13 maps are as fun as the 2 in beta where then this game is worth what I paid for it.

I think a lot of you have forgotten that games are about fun. Not bashing a game because of who developed it or published it because some guys reviewed it on private servers. Get over it. So disappointing to read any of the comment threads on here anymore.

-C22

News Comments > 3D Realms Acquisition Details
6. Re: 3D Realms Acquisition Details Mar 3, 2014, 10:55 Trevellian

3D Realms is legendary for its contributions to the gaming industry, as both the pioneer of the shareware model and an always generous partner who has provided both funding and guidance to game studios such as id Software

Uhm... seriously? Hate to break it to them but as far as big budget titles Apogee and ID Software were the real big pioneers of Shareware from what I remember. Not 3D Realms.

I also don't recall id Software ever once needing "funding and guidance" from 3D Realms, or any of the other number of names they dropped.

Who are these people and what delusional world are they living in?

-C22

1064 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo