Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 1035 (Pro)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Cosmonautica
2. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jul 31, 2015, 22:23 Trevellian

Task wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 19:58:
Never heard of this, what in the world? Steam reviews are at "very positive" currently.

I bought this off their website a few months back because they were offering a key for Steam and for iOS/Android versions together for like 15 bucks.

It's interesting, it is very much like Sims meets FTL and Elite. However i sucked pretty hard at it.

-C22
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mighty No. 9 Delayed
2. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jul 31, 2015, 22:13 Trevellian

Task wrote on Jul 31, 2015, 19:48:
Hmm, I heard about the Red Ash debacle. They really should have waited until their first KS was done to flesh out something decent for creating that new Red Ash IP whoever was the one that pushed it too soon (the publisher or Comcept).

The gameplay footage for Mighty No. 9 is looking pretty solid though.

The art style looks like absolute shit compared to their original concept
Which is what people backed the game for. A lot of people are not happy. Glad I didn't throw my money at this one out of Megaman nostalgia.

-C22

News Comments > World of Warcraft Expansion Reveal Next Week
2. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jul 29, 2015, 18:43 Trevellian

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 18:35:
We're going to an alternate alternate universe to free the Murloc king, Grrllbrrgbll, from the Whale people.

Thats all I have ever wanted. I'll buy it.

-C22

News Comments > PC Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Next Month; Specs
7. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jul 28, 2015, 15:08 Trevellian

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 13:00:
Square Enix is a has been studio. They are still in the twentieth century when it comes to game design.

They're so bad they made an MMO that is better than WoW. So, so bad, they're awful.

-C22

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jul 17, 2015, 20:12 Trevellian

I don't know why anyone listens to this idiot period.

The fact of the matter is the game has an MMO component. The game was kickstarted in 2012. It's now 2015. You name another game with an MMO component that took 3 years to develop and wasn't complete and total shit.

When I backed this game I did so knowing 2 things:
A. Theres a chance it failed and I lost my money.
B. It would be probably 5-7 years before I saw a fully realized product.

If you were uncomfortable with these things, and don't have an expendable income, maybe you made the wrong decision backing a game with a large amount of money.

If the game comes out in a few years and is even remotely close to the original vision, I'll have a fun game to play. If it doesn't, it doesn't.

But Derek Retard doesn't need to go around trying to fuck shit up for everyone like he's some goddamn messiah trying to save us all.

Go fuck yourself, Derek.

-C22

News Comments > Satellite Reign Next Month
2. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jul 12, 2015, 15:23 Trevellian

It's pretty good. It's advanced a lot since the original Early Access version as well. Far more stable FPS wise, I get like 90+ now instead of 30 which it was at initially when it was unoptimized. The tutorial is far more informative now than it was. They basically put Syndicate in one giant city with districts instead of multiple countries. So you take over the city district by district. It has a cover system, things can be done with stealth or brute force (though full brute force is honestly very difficult, as any alarms tripped will send more security to whatever facility you're attacking). All in all as someone who still was playing the original Syndicate (GOG.com version) recently just out pure nostalgia, it's like Syndicate. I'd say almost as good, in some aspects slightly better. It has full R&D for prototypes or weapons you find, augmentations, the clones level up. All in all it's a great game for fans of the original Syndicate. If you enjoyed that you'll get enjoyment out of this.  

-C22

News Comments > Into the Stars Early Access
25. Re: Into the Stars Early Access Jul 10, 2015, 13:07 Trevellian

InBlack wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 04:13:
Trevellian wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 03:47:
InBlack wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 02:11:
Trevellian wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 14:23:
This game is nothing like nor has anything in common with Star Citizen and I don't even understand why that game was even brought up other than some of you have a raging boner for hating on the game and have to find any excuse to. Which is sad, honestly.

You know what else is sad? There is no game. Where is this game that everyone hates? Can you show me this game? Can I play it? Where is it? How can people hate something that doesn't exist?

You're just pushing semantics which makes it even more sad and makes you more of a jackass. Way to go. Is it that hard to stay on topic with such a rage boner?

What semantics? What the fuck are you on about? Do you even know the meaning of the word semantics?

I can't hate something that doesn't exist. What I hate is blind fanbois like you who kowtow, which is why there is no game (Sq42) in the first place. Why would they build a game, when they can milk people like you dry based on nothing but a few pixels of promises and dreams? So enjoy your hangar and DM module, while I lament the fact that because of gullible wankers with too much imagination but not enough common sense, CR is selling and bullshiting his way to 100 million dollars while the rest of us are left with NO FUCKING GAME worth mentioning....

If you don't know the meaning of the word semantics feel free to look it up, you can very easily google it. It's not too hard. You highlighted the term "game" in red and focused on it because it doesn't exist yet. You're arguing the semantics of it not being a "game" because it doesn't exist yet (or ever). I could give 2 shits whether Star Citizen succeeds or fails. What I get tired of seeing is it being broughtt up in theads about other games it has NOTHING to do with over and over and over. It's fucking OLD. Keep the fucking Star Citizen/Squadron 42 rageboners in the fucking Star Citizen posts. It's pathetic. The circlejerk on Blues is getting so bad it gives reddit a run for it's money.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2015, 13:22.

-C22

18. Re: Into the Stars Early Access Jul 10, 2015, 03:47 Trevellian

InBlack wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 02:11:
Trevellian wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 14:23:
This game is nothing like nor has anything in common with Star Citizen and I don't even understand why that game was even brought up other than some of you have a raging boner for hating on the game and have to find any excuse to. Which is sad, honestly.

You know what else is sad? There is no game. Where is this game that everyone hates? Can you show me this game? Can I play it? Where is it? How can people hate something that doesn't exist?

You're just pushing semantics which makes it even more sad and makes you more of a jackass. Way to go. Is it that hard to stay on topic with such a rage boner?

-C22

6. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jul 9, 2015, 14:23 Trevellian

This game is basically FTL but with much prettier graphics and a bridge view. There are some other differences obviously but that is the most basic description of the game. You pick a crew, manage a ship, and try to outrun aliens trying to kill off your race.

I've been watching this game for awhile since I missed the Kickstarter for it, glad it's finally on early access. One of their kickstarter goals was to hire the composer who did the music for Mass Effect so at the very least it'll be a very pretty FTL with great music.

This comment was edited on Jul 9, 2015, 14:40.

-C22

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Patched
37. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jul 7, 2015, 19:18 Trevellian

Primalchrome wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 19:05:
Trevellian wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 18:34:
video proof of how two of the more expensive mechs in the game can take on half of another team with just a little coordination.
You have an Atlas 100 tons, purchasable with in game money and a TimberWolf 75 tons, currently purchasable by in game money. So your two mechs are at the heaviest end of the spectrum. In that fight where your team got 'owned' and you guys 'ruled', you were fighting all mechs that were 70% or lower...essentially shredded (by your team's earlier engagement when you and your buddy fought some rambo dolt in a Jager running machine guns) and begging to just be knocked over. Oh, and you also had the added firepower of your base turrets. I've seen ace pilots in Firestarters (at 35 tons) pull that off solo. Again, nothing to do with real world money, so that doesnt' qualify as P2W. You gave an example of what can be done with raw tonnage and/or skill.

That said, Clan LRMs and possibly ERMLasers were more powerful if this vid was shot a year ago. Nowadays if you're playing at a decent ELO, LRMs are poor loadouts in general. Too many ECM mechs, Radar Derp modules, and knowing how to duck behind cover.

We weren't near the Base Turrets, they're much further down near the coast. You can even see their triangles in that direction a few times. At the point this came out the Timber Wolf was ONLY purchasable with cash, it wasn't till a few months later they were added to the C-Bills availability. There was an Atlas, Cataphract and a Gridiron (All of which had the ability to seriously fuck at least one of us up and failed to) in the group of 6 left over when our "Team" was in a prior engagement. (You act as though I was not helping my team with LRM support, which I clearly was, he stays back to "body guard" me, it was a tactic we used to win a lot of games, and worked more often than not) When we quit I know for a fact my Atlas was 3:1 KDR and Timberwolf hovering around 6:1 KDR's however they seem to have wiped stats and it only shows the last 14 games we played for some reason. In which however just the last 14 games we played my TBR-C is still listed at 31 kills 6 deaths which is a 5.17 KDR.

Now despite those two mechs having a massive 3:1 and 5:1 KDR. My entire ACCOUNT only has a KDR of 2:1. Granted. It took months of gameplay and learning and tweaking setups and originally EARNING that Atlas. But the end result is. Certain mechs are just better.
Here's a snippet of just the Atlas as I can actually view it's Archived stats: http://puu.sh/iQVnB/b3737c35c0.jpg
Towards the end of our play time when we quit my Atlas had actually advanced to about a 6:1 KDR, it was a rocky start with that mech till I found a setup that was reliable and that I enjoyed. (Meaning if you only counted a certain number of matches back, I had gotten a lot better with it in the second half of it's lifetime than the first half)

This comment was edited on Jul 7, 2015, 19:28.

-C22

34. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jul 7, 2015, 18:34 Trevellian

Darks wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 16:53:
Trevellian wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 13:42:
Darks wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 10:08:
InBlack wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 09:59:
Still the same old WOT gameplay. Still Im tempted to download it and give it a whirl just to check out the graphics under GTX970...

Up to you Black, but personally I would waste my time with this pay to win game.

I gave up on this game long ago when these assholes lied and turned this game in to a pay to win.

Come on it's not that P2W. You only need to own an Atlas and a Timber Wolf and then you can win every game.

Example https://youtu.be/7pKwAlYXHlA
This is just 2 of us on voice chat together, competent enough in an Atlas and Timber Wolf, to entirely wreck 2 on 6 (After the rest of our team gets owned) Clan LRM's were VASTLY superior to regular LRM's. Longer range, faster lock.

The game is clearly pay to win, and way paid and won. This was almost a year ago, I have no idea if they've rebalanced Clan weapons or not. And we haven't played since.

You don't get it do you Trev? the whole reason this game is failing is because they originally went on this rampage about how they needed money to create the next great Mechwarrior game. They teased us with this really kewl looking trailer of Mechs fighting it out. Then they talked about making this really great SP campaign and possibly making it Coop. All were lies. once they got the funding they needed it turned in to a Fricking PVP P2W feast.

So yea, its all bullshit an they pretty much abandoned their fan base except for those rabid fans that live for PVP and thrive for clan based combat.

Me, I took it even more personal, because I made the two Coop mods back in the day for Mech Warrior 4 and Mercenaries. I had high hopes for this game and they squashed them all for the sake of making a quick buck.

I do get it. I italics'd my "that" in it's not "that" P2W to emphasis that then gave video proof of how two of the more expensive mechs in the game can take on half of another team with just a little coordination. An example of how unthoughtout Clan mechs and Weapons were when they intoduced them just to make another buck.

I know exactly what they promised. I was an original founder and I stupidly bought the Phoenix pack followup. As did the guy in that video I played with.

Why you ask did we continue to give them money? Well, the easy answer is, it's the only Mechwarrior we're going to get. And we both love Mechwarrior. So that was that.

After that though I think we each bought 1 Clan mech and then called it quits because it was obvious that the Clan Wars and other things promised were NEVER going to happen. We pretty much decided never to go back after they started pitching that awful cringeworthy Star Citizen wannabe project and it seemed like they were running off with all the Clan Pack money they made off of people to jump on the "Next big thing" bandwagon. They are truely an awful company.

-C22

19. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jul 7, 2015, 13:42 Trevellian

Darks wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 10:08:
InBlack wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 09:59:
Still the same old WOT gameplay. Still Im tempted to download it and give it a whirl just to check out the graphics under GTX970...

Up to you Black, but personally I would waste my time with this pay to win game.

I gave up on this game long ago when these assholes lied and turned this game in to a pay to win.

Come on it's not that P2W. You only need to own an Atlas and a Timber Wolf and then you can win every game.

Example https://youtu.be/7pKwAlYXHlA
This is just 2 of us on voice chat together, competent enough in an Atlas and Timber Wolf, to entirely wreck 2 on 6 (After the rest of our team gets owned) Clan LRM's were VASTLY superior to regular LRM's. Longer range, faster lock.

The game is clearly pay to win, and way paid and won. This was almost a year ago, I have no idea if they've rebalanced Clan weapons or not. And we haven't played since.

This comment was edited on Jul 7, 2015, 13:51.

-C22

News Comments > Devilian Announced
3. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 30, 2015, 14:38 Trevellian

Trion and Succesful in Korea in the same Sentence?
Nope.
Fool me once, never again.
Fuck Trion.

-C22

News Comments > Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized
8. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 10:32 Trevellian

Rocksteady shouldn't have to fix Iron Galaxy's shitty mess to begin with. WB needs to stop hiring shit dev companies to port their games to PC. Origins, Shadow of Mordor, MKX and now Arkham Knight have all had shit launches now because they want to cut corners. Rocksteady did fine on Asylum and City themselves why would you take porting the third game in their series out of their hands and hand it to someone else? Rocksteady takes so much pride in this Arkham series and it's sad to see the game get shit on for performance issues and not see one mention of the story, side stories or once again phenomenal voice acting by the original Animated Series crew anywhere.  

-C22

News Comments > More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds
48. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 25, 2015, 17:32 Trevellian

descender wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 17:22:
There is pretty clearly stuttering and hitching in your video (most obvious driving up the ramp to the top street level). I think the issue here is that some people either don't care or can't see it... I don't know. What passes for "acceptable performance" obviously means different things to different people.

I had a friend over the other day and I was bitching about how GTA5 stutters on my PC (almost like a pulse every few seconds) and he looked at me like I had 3 heads, he couldn't see it at all.

That's on my shit PC though... If I had your rig, I don't think I would be OK with the way the game seems to be running.

Side note: the car strafing looks so fuckin cheesy

I'm aware of a hitch around 1:54 or so. Other than that I just don't notice it. The game is well beyond playable unlike what most people have experienced on my system. Is it perfect? No. But it's certainly not the worst port I've ever played. But thats my experience, I'm aware other people are experiencing something far far worse and I'm not defending them, it needs fixed. But my personal experience has been fine.

It's possible that if I had paid 100 dollars for the Premium edition I'd be a little perturbed. But I spent 35 dollars and am having a great time with one of my favorite series.

-C22

46. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 25, 2015, 16:17 Trevellian

Redmask wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 07:21:
Trevellian wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 00:39:
Actually from what I'm hearing, and if you watch TotalBiscuits Port Report it may have to do with HDD's. It seems some of it may be an issue stemming from mechanical drives not being able to keep up with streaming the city. I dunno about Ranger or DarkCntry but I do have mine installed on an SSD and as I said I get no stuttering and can speed through the city at full speed in the Batmobile no problem.

Same, no problems here with stuttering so far, installed on a 500GB Samsung EVO SSD. The game has other problems unrelated to streaming performance though, I've hit more than a few show stoppers so far. Glad it was a free video card pack in and that I wasn't dumb enough to drop money on this.

I actually have the same exact SSD, Samsung EVO 500GB.

I only paid $35 for a Akrham Knight Premium Key. So since my game runs fine I feel pretty good about my purchase.

Quinn wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 03:09:
Video or I don't believe you. I have your rig, a GTX980 and one of the best SSD's on the market, 16gb -- but windows 8.1 instead of 7. I have everything maxed on 1080p. You? Anyway, wooshing through the city gives stuttering to an extent I simply don't believe hardware is the issue here. It's playable, just not acceptable. Standing on top of a building looking around me gives a solid fps -- it's the streaming this game doesn't handle right. Oh, and the batmobile in general seems to impact performance by just being there somehow.

Here you go, I set it to Private, I also cut the loading screens out because one of theme contained an extreme game spoiler as it was the last story mission I did.

I have MaxFPS set to 60.000000, recorded 4 minutes of driving around and even some combat with drones.

https://youtu.be/PV0fw-mt0JA

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 2015, 16:50.

-C22

40. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 25, 2015, 00:39 Trevellian

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 21:11:
DarkCntry wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 21:10:
Ranger55 wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 18:28:
Trevellian wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 18:01:
Game runs perfectly fine for me on a 980GTX and an old i7 3770k.
I feel sorry for the people who are having issues but I've been enjoying every minute of the game.

Same here. Running everything turned up @ 1080p without any issues. 980GTX on an old Phenom II 970 w/ 16GB of RAM running Win7.

My streak of being a golden unicorn that shits rainbows continues, I haven't had an issue one with the game running 1080p/60-ish (ish only cause it runs average 80) for 21 hours. 980GTX, 5930K, and 16GB RAM...

Maybe it's the 16gb of ram???

Actually from what I'm hearing, and if you watch TotalBiscuits Port Report it may have to do with HDD's. It seems some of it may be an issue stemming from mechanical drives not being able to keep up with streaming the city. I dunno about Ranger or DarkCntry but I do have mine installed on an SSD and as I said I get no stuttering and can speed through the city at full speed in the Batmobile no problem.

-C22

12. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 24, 2015, 18:04 Trevellian

Krovven wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 17:56:
Kosumo wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 17:50:
I place more of the blame on Warner Bros. (publisher) than Rocksteady (developer).

I wonder how this is going to effect the PC pre-sale of WB next game, Mad Max.

Who did the ports of the previous 3 games to PC? Anyone know?

Did Rocksteady ever do their own PC development?

Rocksteady did their own for Asylum and City. Iron Galaxy did the ports for Origins and Knight. So everyone seems to be blaming them, though from what I've read they were only given 2 months to port Knight.

-C22

11. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 24, 2015, 18:01 Trevellian

Game runs perfectly fine for me on a 980GTX and an old i7 3770k.
I feel sorry for the people who are having issues but I've been enjoying every minute of the game.

-C22

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Specs Updated; AMD Issues Noted
4. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 22, 2015, 14:21 Trevellian

LOL AMD, people still buy their crap? I was AMD faithful for a decade till they lost their edge. Went back to Nvidia and Intel around the time the 680GTX came out a few years ago, haven't even thought of looking back.

This comment was edited on Jun 22, 2015, 16:56.

-C22

1035 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo