Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 978 (Graduate)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer; AMAA
3. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 26, 2015, 03:16 Trevellian

I'm in for a few reasons, Rocksteady's Arkham games have been nothing but stellar (Origins, obviously not Rocksteady and a cash in)

And because the story with the Arkham Knight gives me shades of the Red Hood movie. Someone is in that suit and it's someone who knows Bruce Wayne well. I want to find out who that is, and see how they deal with the story.

Plus it has the Batmobile finally, so it feels like they've finally made a big Gotham city to play in with more to do.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena Announced
4. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena Announced Feb 25, 2015, 23:43 Trevellian

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 20:24:
I wanted more 40k but not like this. Not like this...

Eternal Crusade is the only hope for 40k at the moment.

For the Republic

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Winter Patch & Free Community Map Plans
6. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 20, 2015, 18:05 Trevellian

siapnar wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 15:33:
Hey, at least they're involving the community somewhat. This is a step forward, not back. We'll never be back to the modding days with these guys, but I see this as progress.
Could be better
Verno wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 13:34:
I uninstalled the other day, got my moneys worth but realized I'm just not enjoying the newer BF games as much.
I find if I'm not playing with buddies, my enjoyment of BF4 is far far lower than if I am over TS.
when we get a full squad playing together with voice though, this game is the tits.

This 100%
I never play Battlefield or Planetside 2 or really much of anything that is multiplayer heavy alone. This is why I have my gaming community, it just makes those games 10x more fun even if there are bugs and broken bits. GTAV should be a giant blast since we can get all of us in one game.

For the Republic

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 16, 2015, 11:37 Trevellian

MacLeod wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 11:29:
nin wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 09:47:
Review embargo is like 7AM pst on Thur. I'll wait until then...

7AM, the day before release day. Yea. That pretty much tells me what the game is going to be like.

It's like that time a friend and I got invited to a test screening of a movie. It was free, so we were like "Cool. let's go." Then I realized... "Wait... isn't this movie coming out Tomorrow??" It was. They were literally getting a test audience reaction the day before the release date. That movie? "Phantoms".

Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms.

For the Republic

News Comments > Evolve Skin Costs Tallied
15. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 12, 2015, 06:47 Trevellian

DarkCntry wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 00:56:
Slick wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 21:43:
DarkCntry wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 20:21:
Omni wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 20:18:
It astounds me people give these fucks money.

It really is, people don't value of money and common sense.
Its been taking a turn for the worse ever year with DLC and what not but people still jump on the retard wagon every time.
Might want to take a look in the mirror...you're complaining about fucking optional and totally non-game-changing skins.

i couldn't care less if there was $1300 worth of DLC skins available. If people want to part with their money like that, then that's up to them, it doesn't change the core experience.

unfortunately keeping 4 hunters and 1 monster hidden behind paid DLC ON DAY ONE is exactly the kind of bullshit that doesn't deserve my patronage.

at the end of the day, how people wanna spend their money is no one's business than their own. but i think that there's some confusion as to what constitutes "bad DLC". and needs straightening out.

in short: anything that cuts out part of the game and hocks it on the side as day-one paid DLC. that is unacceptable. it's a crooked way of doing business when they carve up the product to pinch pennies. and i think that it's obvious when a game is doing that. on the other hand, they can charge $500 for horse armor all they want, if it's not affecting anyone's game, then go nuts. there's a sucker born every minute. and frankly if you're looking for a game to play, the people who compulsively buy $500 horse armor are paying for most of the development of said game. same idea of how F2P works. you can mock people spending money on overpriced cosmedic items all you want, but they're directly supporting a game we all enjoy. they should be praised.

FYI: Neither the 4 hunters nor the 1 monster are day 1 DLC...

It amazes me that people still don't get this.

For the Republic

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Finds Lost Vikings
10. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 11, 2015, 19:48 Trevellian

descender wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 19:36:
What they need are maps.

So you think that the MOBA game with the most unique maps types... needs more maps? /boggle

I think what HotS might need is people that actually play it to talk about it, and people that don't to be quiet and stop acting like they do.

I play it almost daily, I love the the streamlining. Not having to deal with gem pages, building items, last hitting mobs. It makes it easier to play, easier for new Moba players to get used to. More fun to play in general. Obviously this is my opinion, some people will still prefer all the deep item building in league because it allows you to build someone more tanky or more glass cannony.

But honestly the talent system they put in place for the most part allows for that just as well. There are a few heroes whose talents are just absolutely blah like Murky, but I think they've found a good balance for most of them.

Personally I'm getting tired of hearing "More Maps" from people though. League has ONE fucking map, and Heroes has 5 (And a Diablo themed Heaven vs Hell map on the way in the not to distant future) that are all played slightly different... Yet, no one bitches about League having 1 map? It's damned silly.

For the Republic

News Comments > Daybreak Layoffs
2. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 11, 2015, 19:40 Trevellian

All hope I had for EQ Next is smashed.
PS2 will probably deteriorate even worse, it was already being run by a skeleton crew and getting rid of Xander Clauss was an awful loss.

For the Republic

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Evolve
42. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 11, 2015, 00:31 Trevellian

Rattlehead wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 19:41:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 14:59:
Rattlehead wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 12:41:
Has anyone here played it yet? How is it? It's been getting good reviews.

LOL it is?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/273350/reviews/

I know that's just page after page of people raging over the DLC marketing nonsense, most are reviews of the alpha gameplay but has it really changed that much from then? The "theme" of the game sounded okay on paper, I think somewhere along the way it didn't quite "evolve" into a fun game though.

Let's take a classic monster game like the arcade classic Rampage, you get to be a monster, smashing buildings, eating people now imagine if you could have something like that in a Grand Theft Auto type setting where you have four people trying to take down a monster that's actually doing classic monster things in environments that are full of wonderful over the top destruction with little AI computer people running from you while you stomp them into the ground, swallow them whole or turn a whole crowd into a mini monster BBQ buffet with your fire breathing creature. You could still have your sci-fi setting for your "hunters".

What they've created here though is an arena based, spastic, button mashing fighting game where they thought that for some strange reason would make an awesome e-sports game? what?
I'm talking about professional reviews, not bitchy user reviews caught up on the DLC fiasco.

A majority of those bitchy user reviews caught up on DLC aren't even people that own the game and claim they never will, for some reason it's allowing anyone who played Beta/Alpha to place a review without even owning the actual product, it's pretty pathetic and needs to be fixed. It was Mostly Positive before Reddit nerds flooded it with negative DLC reviews, and for what, skins?

They need to fix it so only owners of the final product have reviews showing up, be it negative or not.

For the Republic

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Evolve
37. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 10, 2015, 18:14 Trevellian

Tumbler wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 16:42:
Will be interesting to see a few games on Twitch or youtube.

It seems like they're trying very hard to present it as an alien / predator esqe horror game but all I remember from the beta was it felt more like a game of chase the monster around.

There was never a chance to surprise the players and attack them, it seemed like it was all too obvious where you were. (the monster)

When they started talking about this game I figured it'd be something like a dark jungle you had to sneak around in. Like the hunters start with a pistol after having crash landed or something. They have to sneak closer to each other and find their weapons and armor. Maybe they have to cover themselves in mud to be invisible, maybe they need to sharpen spears and set traps, maybe the monster looks like a predator. Maybe they should have just made a game like what happened in predators?! Lots of hiding and sneaking around and once the humans have equipped themselves back up they can hopefully kill the monster....like a predator style annihilation of jungle with a mini gun!

I'm willing to give the game my attention for a few hours, if it's good then it's probably something I want to play...but I don't have a lot of hope.

Then you've played awful monster players. I've seen S1 Goliaths hide in bushes and the rest of my team run by them and I just happened to see the red glow. I've seen good Goliaths pounce and 1 shot people that walk by them. It depends on the player, that is the nature of this type of game. Same thing with the old Hidden mod for Source/UT, the good players are the ones that make the game special, and after awhile the people that love playing monsters will be the ones queued up as it the most.

For the Republic

News Comments > Gas Guzzlers Extreme Full Metal Zombie DLC Next Week
2. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 9, 2015, 22:31 Trevellian

siapnar wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 18:36:
Trying to appease the Carmageddon crowd I see

They wish their game was as good as Carmageddon: Reincarnation is.
One of the few Early Access games I've been heavily impressed with. They've stayed so true to the originals just with a new coat of paint.

For the Republic

News Comments > Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support
13. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 2, 2015, 16:30 Trevellian

DangerDog wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 15:47:
Trevellian wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 12:20:
Gee, I wonder if all of the people who jumped to conclusions and called them assholes just hours ago feel like assholes themselves now. Probably not, narcissism is a wonderful thing.

why? If they really did abuse DMCA takedown notices then they're still a bunch of asshats, between this and the expedient patch release to stop modding/tweaking it only looks like they've had a "new" decision change on the matter most likely do to player revolt.

Why might someone not want to install patches? Well, the PC version has been updated to block single-player mods, which is disappointing.

people were avoiding updating the game (I didn't even know you could do that on any platform let alone Steam) so they could keep their mods and Techland were all like "why wouldn't you want to update the game guys?" derp!

edit: okay, the DMCA takedown thing might be a rumor.

yay mods, maybe in a year or so there will be enough tweaks and fixes to make it worth buying on a Steam sale-a-thon.

Might be a rumor? I remember a wise man once said, "Screenshot or it didn't happen.". I have yet to see anyone even attempt to provide proof that there was ever a DMCA. Guilty until proven innocent is the new norm I guess.

For the Republic

News Comments > Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support
4. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 2, 2015, 12:20 Trevellian

Gee, I wonder if all of the people who jumped to conclusions and called them assholes just hours ago feel like assholes themselves now. Probably not, narcissism is a wonderful thing.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Nosgoth Open Beta Begins
4. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jan 22, 2015, 15:34 Trevellian

Creston wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 13:58:
On the newly updated site, youíll now see a new PLAY NOW button, allowing you to quickly register and link your Steam account. When logged into your Steam account, youíll be able to download Nosgoth and start playing. Itís that easy

Doesn't that seem kinda backwards? Why not allow people to just dl it in Steam from the store?

You can, just search for Nosgoth on Steam.
In fact I remember seeing the Early Access or Closed Beta buy in stuff for it several times on my main store feed.

Dunno why they didn't just mention it was already on there.

For the Republic

News Comments > Rockstar: PC GTA5 Not Delayed
21. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jan 9, 2015, 23:21 Trevellian

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 22:52:
They are probably intentionally keeping a low profile on the PC release so they can justify no PC version for GTA VI if sales suck. I will definitely be contributing to sales sucking because the only way I'll get this is by yaaaarrrr matey piracy.
I'm done supporting even just timed console exclusives. They either treat us PC gamers equal or I'll treat them like shit back.
The next game I'll pirate after GTA V is Rise of the Tomb Raider whenever that finally becomes available on PC.
Not giving a single cent to those fuckers who believe they must dictate what device we play our games on.

You're part of the problem.
Must be fun at parties too.

For the Republic

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Server "Strike" Plans
28. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jan 1, 2015, 18:12 Trevellian

Endo wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 15:42:
ColoradoHoudini wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 14:34:
I just want another AAA title FPS where we operate the servers and we make the rules. I don't need 100 levels of permanent unlocks and perks nor any other ways for them to suck money out of me (DLC map packs).

Wolf:ET was awesome for this.. unlocks were based on total progress throughout a campaign. Each campaign had about 5-6 maps or so. After the campaign ended, the stats reset for everyone. We made maps, we made mods and we ran the servers.

I know that the new Blizzard game wont allow that.. maybe something else will come down the pipe which will
I don't think it likely we'll ever see a AAA FPS like that again. See the problem with good FPS's like that is they have too much longevity. They need people to move on from them quickly so they can sell them the next iteration a year or two later with minimal investment. No, any remaining good FPS we'll see will come from indie devs. AAA FPS are now marketed for the masses, aka gamer 'jocks' who just buy and play games because they're cool and all their cool friends do.

Wolfenstein New Order would like a word with you. It is AAA, it is FPS. It needs no stick dangling, it has a spectacularly well done story and environment. The game is fun, has no DLC. Beatufiul graphics, fantastic gunplay. Multiple ways to play through the levels as well as slightly alternate storys through the game depending on a decision made by the player.

The AAA FPS is not dead, most people just overlooked it this year. Hands down the best FPS Experience I've had since Half Life.

For the Republic

News Comments > Satellite Reign Early Access
7. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Dec 12, 2014, 20:16 Trevellian

Dacron wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 12:24:
mellis wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 12:12:
Turn based? Class based, surely?

1/2, sadly. I prefer turn based to real time in games like this / RTS.

"Satellite Reign is a real-time, class-based strategy game."

The early reviews paint an interesting looking game...

It's a spiritual successor to the original Syndicate, they've been very clear about this, what where you guys expecting?

And leave my Syndicate Successor alone, theres plent of other turn based games out there, I've been wanting this for a long time.

For the Republic

News Comments > Street Fighter V Confirmed
9. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Dec 8, 2014, 17:02 Trevellian

Xero wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 15:24:
Theo wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 11:44:
The cool thing about this is that PC and Ps4 Players are getting cross platform play - thats awsome - especially as the PC skill levels (on 4) dont seem to be as advanced as the console users.

That's because we got better games to waste on our time on than fighting games, lol.

In all honestly, a PC player would be just as good because a PC player would use a controller if he's playing this type of game. I just don't think they bother...

Fighting games are fun with friends over and your drinking, lol

I actually have quite a few friends who play SF4, Mortal Kombat and Injustice on PC. There are people who own PC's who are into fighting games, in fact some of them are more hardcore than Console players and thats why they play on PC, for M.U.G.E.N. which isn't available on consoles, or the other obvious reason, they stopped BUYING consoles.

Just because you're a PC gamer and don't like fighting games doesn't mean there aren't those of us out there who do. Seems silly to even have to say this.

For the Republic

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Reveal
40. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Nov 2, 2014, 18:22 Trevellian

Cutter wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 17:27:
Iurand wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 14:07:
Cutter wrote on Nov 2, 2014, 11:04:
Classic Roberts going off the reservation. 'Hey I know, let's drop what we promised and start working on a whole new game instead!

Sure. Except he promised FPS during Kickstarter.

Where is that exactly? I don't see it on the KS page or on the main site's Funding Goals section. And even if that were the case, don't you think everything should be focused on the space game first? 2 years into it and they still have squat to show for it.

It was part of the whole being able to land on plants and have planetside battles goal.

For the Republic

News Comments > Dreadnaught Trailer
8. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Oct 16, 2014, 22:18 Trevellian

It's just Star Conflict with Capital ships and a ridiculously low TTK. Capital ships shouldn't die that quick, period. Looks stupid.  

For the Republic

News Comments > ArcheAge Hits 2M Players
19. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Oct 3, 2014, 13:15 Trevellian

garrywong wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 12:10:
This is pretty common for Korean games for some reason. Lineage 2 also had this, the Korean version of the game was something like 5 years ahead of the NA version of the game. Same thing with Mabinogi, and I'm sure other Korean games.
Not really sure what drives them to do something like that.

Also, despite claims of this being a sandbox pvp MMO, there isn't even a hint of that when you start playing. It's all just mindless quests wow-style. If the game somehow does a 180 somewhere at a certain level and becomes an open pvp sandbox MMO, that would be insane. Who would design something like that, and why would anyone even bother playing it then?

It's like that till about 30 when you enter the first Warzone. It's no different than any other MMO with PVP in it. You're sheltered for the first 20 levels or so that way people don't get frustrated and leave right away because the power gamers are bored and killing level 5's (See Age of Conan for how this can go wrong). After you enter the level 30ish zones you can be attacked by enemy, own faction, whoever feels like it. It still is the Sandbox MMO they claim it to be past that. However it is Korean so it is grindy. You grind for gear or mats to make gear as the Crafted items are the best in the game more or less. The PVP is awesome and we've already had some large scale naval battles on our server between Galleons. It's fun.

For the Republic

978 Comments. 49 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo