Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 893 (Graduate)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance
10. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Apr 3, 2014, 14:57 Trevellian

Tumbler wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 10:50:
Hunh, I was a little interested in this before watching this youtube clip. It's the Ipad version but I doubt the pc version is a lot different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZH87pWXgSA

I was hoping it would be something like hearthstone where you go head to head against another human but this is all AI?

Researching...oh wait, no it is multipayer. Cross platform even! Plus the pc version mentions they just added dreadnaughts and stormboyz! Sold.

This seems like a game I can squeeze in with 10 min like Hearthstone.

Why would you give them money for this fucking crap?
the 40k universe deserves so much better than a fucking Plants vs Zombies game.

Pathetic.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Titanfall Optimization Tips
30. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 16, 2014, 07:42 Trevellian

"I suck at the game and im going to cry hacks." That's all I got out of the last few posts. Keep making up excuses for yourselves. There will always be someone better than you. Especially people who have been playing COD for years and are already used to the aiming mechanics in this game because of it. Get over it. I place in the top 3 almost 75% of my games played (this is a stat you can look up in game BTW) and probably about 30% of those placings were MVP. In all that time I have MAYBE been suspicious of ONE person for hacking. But apparently you guys run into them regularly. I find that incredibly difficult to believe.

If you don't like the game. That's fine. Don't like it. But dont make up bullshit like "everyone else is hacking" because you suck as a reason to give to other people. Its pretty pathetic. And this isn't the only game I've seen people do this with here. Just stop.

For the Republic

16. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 21:31 Trevellian

Beamer wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 20:27:
Trevellian wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 18:28:
Nighthawk wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 17:45:
Scottyl42 wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 12:57:
Rumor on Twitter is that the sales numbers are disappointing? I'm not sure. I didnt like the beta but I had hoped it sold well.
I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with it being an EA release, maybe gamers are actually starting to speak with their wallets.
As curious as I am about this game, those 2 letters are stopping my purchase.

If the numbers are disappointing, I more place it on EA's poor decision to make it Microsoft Exclusive. PS4 is clearly the better selling system. Why you would go with exclusive to Microsoft is beyond my scope of comprehension. Microsoft had to offer them a hell of a fucking lot of money to offset the loss of sales they are missing by not being cross platform. Because not only are they missing the PS4 (Better selling next gen platforms sales) but the PS3 sales as well, which a lot of people had switched to, and which had caught up to and bypassed the 360 in sales by the end of the generation.

I hope they're taking that big bag of money Microsoft once again handed over to someone knowing that Sony had them over a barrel into their profits.

Well, you're kind of calling things in hindsight, as this deal was almost definitely made at least 18 months ago, so unless you knew in 2012 that the PS4 would outsell the XBone...

And as for the PS3 catching up in the end, the 360 sold far more games. And, given that this is basically a CoD game and aimed at the CoD fan, which platform do you think sold significantly more CoD games?

Not really hindsight, Titanfall being XB1, 360 and PC exclusive was not a decision made 18 months ago. At least as far as Respawn knew. They didn't find out about it till after E3 this past year, neither did anyone else. In fact during E3 the way Respawn was talking about it was that it would be on Playstation as well, little did they know apparently. Which was a big deal.

And it wasn't really difficult to predict PS4 would be the better selling system because Microsoft had already lost touch and lost ground by the end of last generation. Long before their E3 blunders.

For the Republic

10. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 18:28 Trevellian

Nighthawk wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 17:45:
Scottyl42 wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 12:57:
Rumor on Twitter is that the sales numbers are disappointing? I'm not sure. I didnt like the beta but I had hoped it sold well.
I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with it being an EA release, maybe gamers are actually starting to speak with their wallets.
As curious as I am about this game, those 2 letters are stopping my purchase.

If the numbers are disappointing, I more place it on EA's poor decision to make it Microsoft Exclusive. PS4 is clearly the better selling system. Why you would go with exclusive to Microsoft is beyond my scope of comprehension. Microsoft had to offer them a hell of a fucking lot of money to offset the loss of sales they are missing by not being cross platform. Because not only are they missing the PS4 (Better selling next gen platforms sales) but the PS3 sales as well, which a lot of people had switched to, and which had caught up to and bypassed the 360 in sales by the end of the generation.

I hope they're taking that big bag of money Microsoft once again handed over to someone knowing that Sony had them over a barrel into their profits.

For the Republic

News Comments > WildStar in June
16. Re: WildStar in June Mar 12, 2014, 21:49 Trevellian

Been in BETA for months.

Boring.

Another WoW Clone just like ESO is.

I hope to hell SOE's risk taking with EQ Next and trying something new for a change pays off. Cause I would really like to like an MMO again at some point.

For the Republic

News Comments > Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio
59. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 12, 2014, 09:07 Trevellian

Redmask wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 07:21:
Cabezone wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 22:37:
I have a 120gb ssd for my os and a 500gb ssd for games. That's more than enough room. If you can't afford to get anything other than a 120 SSD....get a platter drive and stop bitching.

Complaining about the install size is just bitching cause you like to bitch.

No, you're just being unreasonable. What about 100GB? 200GB? According to you there is no install size too large. This isn't an MMO and there is no reason for me to need 4GB of polish language files if I don't speak the language. It is entirely unnecessary and a pointless waste of space, taking up nearly half of a 120GB SSD is absurd and frankly you look like a clown for a defending it. I also don't just assume that everyone can afford the same computer specs and storage space.

So here is a thought, don't put it on your SSD with your OS and quit bitching about it. It's not like the game fucking loads slow jesus christ. I have a 120 SSD for my OS as well, and I put Titanfall on my 1TB non SSD HD and it doesn't load slow at all.

You literally are just bitching to bitch.

For the Republic

News Comments > Titanfall Reviews
13. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 10, 2014, 21:22 Trevellian

Redmask wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 20:49:
Bucky wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 20:30:
Also, if I recall correctly, the beta hit 2 million people.

They opened it up to all of Xbox Live so I'm not surprised.

I think a lot of you have forgotten that games are about fun. Not bashing a game because of who developed it or published it because some guys reviewed it on private servers. Get over it. So disappointing to read any of the comment threads on here anymore.

People are talking about the review process for the most part, not the game. I thought the beta was ok but nothing special. If you're having more fun with it than I did then kudos. I think its pretty unfair to say that people don't like fun because they don't share your opinion on this game.

It really has nothing to do with this game in particular. It just seems like news about every big game on Blues gets shit on by a few regulars who like to regurgitate the same lame jokes over and over. Usually directed at specific Publishers/Developers, without actually ever trying a game.

I'm well aware a lot of people aren't going to share my opinion on this game. But just because it's by the same guys who made Modern Warfare (And lets be honest the FIRST Modern Warfare was fucking awesome) is not a reason to instantly file the game under COD Clone. Because it's not.

This place used to be fun, is my point.

For the Republic

News Comments > Titanfall Reviews
6. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 10, 2014, 20:08 Trevellian

I really don't see what you guys are all butthurt about. Thousands of people got to play the Beta on the public servers and it was fun

While ya'll are sitting here being crotchety as fuck for no good reason I'm going to enjoy the best fast paced FPS I've played (in BETA) in years. If the other 13 maps are as fun as the 2 in beta where then this game is worth what I paid for it.

I think a lot of you have forgotten that games are about fun. Not bashing a game because of who developed it or published it because some guys reviewed it on private servers. Get over it. So disappointing to read any of the comment threads on here anymore.

For the Republic

News Comments > 3D Realms Acquisition Details
6. Re: 3D Realms Acquisition Details Mar 3, 2014, 10:55 Trevellian

3D Realms is legendary for its contributions to the gaming industry, as both the pioneer of the shareware model and an always generous partner who has provided both funding and guidance to game studios such as id Software

Uhm... seriously? Hate to break it to them but as far as big budget titles Apogee and ID Software were the real big pioneers of Shareware from what I remember. Not 3D Realms.

I also don't recall id Software ever once needing "funding and guidance" from 3D Realms, or any of the other number of names they dropped.

Who are these people and what delusional world are they living in?

For the Republic

News Comments > StarDrive 2 Announced
8. Re: StarDrive 2 Announced Feb 26, 2014, 15:32 Trevellian

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 10:53:
There was also a tons of complaints on the forum about the dev did not complete the game as some promised features were not implemented, he called the game feature complete and moved onto other things (obviously working on SD2)
However he was still putting out patches for StarDrive so not sure why all the outcry.
I believe this is a 1 man show type developer.
Not sure if the dev team grew for SD2 or if it is still just him.

Not sure why all the outcry? Besides not fixing everything. One of the PROMISED features of StarDrive was Multiplayer.
Which he decided to tell everyone to go fuck themselves over and then moved on.

So he can go fuck himself if he expects any money from me again. Multiplayer or not in SD2.

For the Republic

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Rambo The Video Game
11. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Rambo The Video Game Feb 21, 2014, 14:42 Trevellian

TotalBiscuit just started streaming this game on Twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/totalbiscuit

IT'S FUCKING ON RAILS, LIKE A LIGHTGUN SHOOTER.
HI-FUCKING-LARIOUS

For the Republic

News Comments > Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims
31. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 13:29 Trevellian

Verno wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 12:29:
Creston wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 11:56:
It's very possible that the game simply IS this good. I haven't played it, so I can't judge it. The videos make it look pretty decent, if also fairly standard pew pew pew hitscan multiplayer fare.

It's really just average to good IMO, some people here are playing it up way too much. I logged 20ish hours with the beta and thought the movement and general flow of the game is excellent but the hitscan weaponry is all samey, the AI grunts are a waste of space and I thought the Titans themselves were extremely boring to use.

I only saw the 2 beta levels so maybe there are better maps that would bring it up but it would be a low 80s game for me at best. Graphically its quite dated too and there are a noticeable lack of physics, deformation and other modern design aspects. Two titans battling might as well be a transformers cartoon knockoff, there is no external feedback or environmental impact. Someone on another forum likened it to characters fighting with nerf guns and that is pretty apt IMO. The game is at its strongest when you're just cruising around with the well implemented parkour elements and fighting actual people, not AI grunts or titans. Also using "AI" to describe what they have in that game is too generous, my coffeemaker has stronger AI. They are literally the dumbest bots I have ever seen in any game and they don't even work if you try to think of them as MOBA style fodder.

So yeah it's not a bad game at all and a decent exclusive for Microsoft to hang its hat on but it's not the OMG 95+ Metacritic circlejerk that you know is coming.

That is essentially all the AI was meant to be. Think of Titanfall as an FPS MOBA-lite.

You have to play Hardpoint to actually realize this though. When you play Hardpoint, they can capture the points (Just as a moba mob can attack/destroy a tower) so there is reason to actually kill a squad of them headed to one of your points. As well as the fact that killing them takes time off of your Titanfall timer (equivalent to getting gold in DOTA/LoL to get better gear)

It really is brilliantly designed when you think of it that way if you play Hardpoint. I can see where it's not as obvious on Attrition.

I spent most of my time with the game playing Hardpoint specifically because of this, that and having fodder AI truely gives you what I call the "Halo experience" in which your "Pilot" is essentially the equivalent of Halo's "Spartans". Where whenever you run by AI controlled squads they get excited and talk you up. It most absolutely adds another level of depth to what could have been an otherwise boring game.

I spent 9 hours straight one day playing it and not once got bored. I can't say the same for BF3 or 4, or any other FPS honestly since the original Modern Warfare.

For the Republic

News Comments > Wolfenstein in May; Preorders Get Future DOOM Beta Access
15. Re: Wolfenstein in May; Preorders Get Future DOOM Beta Access Feb 19, 2014, 14:37 Trevellian

Looks absolutely awful.

And I don't expect Doom to be any better. I wish they'd give Doom some respect and let the name die.

For the Republic

News Comments > Adam Orth Making a Game - Deal With It
10. Re: Adam Orth Making a Game - Deal With It Feb 10, 2014, 20:07 Trevellian

hey Orth, not buying your game! Deal with it.  

For the Republic

News Comments > February is Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month
12. Re: February is Battlefield 4 Player Appreciation Month Jan 28, 2014, 18:01 Trevellian

DangerDog wrote on Jan 28, 2014, 16:22:
I could use the all pistols unlock one, too lazy to play in a pistol only server.

If the next patch breaks more than it fixes this will be the end of the great BF4 experiment.

It took me like 2 hours tops to unlock all the pistols in a pistol only server running 24/7 Locker.

Don't waste your money on something you can do in a short amount of time.

For the Republic

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online Steam Early Access
10. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Online Steam Early Access Jan 14, 2014, 19:47 Trevellian

I beta tested this, long story short, it's just fucking Future Soldier's multiplayer more or less. Nothing special.

And it's not a fucking MMO and they need to stop calling it that. It's no different than CS:GO, you have a menu screen and kit screens and you queue up for games.
That is not a fucking MMO. If that is a fucking MMO then Call of Duty is an MMO.

When did MMO expand to encompass games that simply have a F2P model and that queues you up for games?

For the Republic

News Comments > Another DiRT Hint
2. Re: Another DiRT Hint Jan 13, 2014, 11:47 Trevellian

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 13, 2014, 10:45:
We will see how much of that promise actually be carried over into the game.
They've said the same thing before Dirt3 came out too.
Wish they would just get rid of all the car acrobatic shit and put back the hill climb competitions for example.
I will wait for reviews before I give Codemasters money again.

Seriously. I didn't mind the Rally Cross races in Dirt 2, those happen, no big deal. But the Gymkhanawhateverthefuckbullshit in Dirt 3 needed to go the fuck away. Especially when you needed to do one to complete a championship, fuck... that. Everthing else about Dirt 3 felt so right, like the rally's. But that shit... ruined the whole game for me... that and GFWL which they still have yet to remove from it even though it's been promised.

For the Republic

News Comments > Rambo Trailer; Game Release Next Month?
1. Re: Rambo Trailer; Game Release Next Month? Jan 10, 2014, 11:27 Trevellian

I can't wait, I'm gonna buy like 8 copies of this. And send them to people I hate.  

For the Republic

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Weekly Update Plans
2. Re: PlanetSide 2 Weekly Update Plans Jan 9, 2014, 10:59 Trevellian

In other words instead of breaking the game every 2 months or so we're going to break it every week.

Good lord.

For the Republic

News Comments > BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed
20. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Dec 31, 2013, 14:52 Trevellian

Ryan Lange wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 14:07:
Bucky wrote on Dec 31, 2013, 13:22:
Where else can you cover an ATV in C4, send it flying at an enemy tank only to have another enemy tank crash into him, and then blow them both sky high while watching from a safe distance?

Pretty much any game with ATVs, C4, and tanks. PlanetSide 2, for example.

You cannot attach C4 to moving vehicles or max's in Planetside 2.

They did that specifically to avoid this tactic that people use in Battlefield.

This comment was edited on Dec 31, 2013, 14:57.

For the Republic

893 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo