Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 1064 (Pro)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Bombshell Drops
9. Re: Bombshell Drops Jan 30, 2016, 07:41 Trevellian

I have a buddy who has been forced to test this game for the last month and has consistantly told me how bad it is. He cried every time he logged into steam and had to launch it.  

-C22
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Overwatch Beta Returns Next Month
13. Re: Overwatch Beta Returns Next Month Jan 22, 2016, 03:44 Trevellian

Sepharo wrote on Jan 22, 2016, 03:35:
InBlack wrote on Jan 22, 2016, 02:33:
I liked what I saw here, Blizzards take on Team Fortress. At least I did from the promo and gameplay videos. Didn't get into the beta, but hey ce la vie. Problem is Im not going to pay Blizzard 60$ (plus however much the DLC+ expansions end up costing) for a multiplayer only game. They can go fuck themselves with that shit, this has free to play written all over it. Even back when TF2 was released as part of the Orange Box, you got HL1, HL2 and TF2 in one DVD case, for the price of one game. Ok rant over, Ill probably die of old age before this comes out anyway...

It's $40.
I forget if you're estadounidense

Not to mention they've announced all future heroes and maps will be free (Granted, that doesn't stop them from eventually pulling an Overkill, but thats how it is for now)

-C22

News Comments > For Honor's Solo Campaign
3. Re: For Honor's Solo Campaign Jan 11, 2016, 20:31 Trevellian

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 11, 2016, 20:03:
Lemme guess... you're da chick with da pink hair at 1:18?

I'm not a chick so no. I simply signed up for testing and got to for a weekend.

-C22

News Comments > For Honor's Solo Campaign
1. Re: For Honor's Solo Campaign Jan 11, 2016, 19:47 Trevellian

I got to play this for a weekend of Alpha.
All I can say is it was SO MUCH FUN.
We only got one map, and only access to Knights for the whole weekend and Samurai for 1 day of it. But it was still a blast to play.

The one thing they need to find a fix for is deathballing. There were instances where teams would just travel around together, and it's impossible to fight 1v4. So unless your team was traveling around together also (which kinda defeats the purpose considering there are 3 objectives to fight over) those games would suck cause you'd just get murdered by 4 dudes.

-C22

News Comments > Steam Top 10
31. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 11, 2016, 14:40 Trevellian

Saboth wrote on Jan 11, 2016, 08:30:
harlock wrote on Jan 11, 2016, 08:12:
Saboth wrote on Jan 11, 2016, 07:33:
I don't usually preorder games, but GMG had this for like $22 the other day, so I went ahead. I thought Dragon's Age Inquisition was a little disappointing, so hopeful this game scratches that RPG itch.

its far more action than RPG... more like Dark Souls - still very good tho

Yeah, I've seen more than a few comparisons to Dark Souls. I'm hoping it is not too much like Dark Souls though. While I found DS to be very addictive, I also found it to be extremely frustrating, and have shied away from DSII. It's kind of a love/hate relationship.

It's like Dark Souls in the sense it's a difficult game and not super forgiving. But not on the same soul crushing level of Dark Souls. Just hard enough to make it challenging but not want to throw things in frustration. I think the pawn/party system helps that since you aren't alone and have 3 other guys to rely on.

-C22

13. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jan 10, 2016, 21:23 Trevellian

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 10, 2016, 21:02:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 10, 2016, 19:01:
HorrorScope wrote on Jan 10, 2016, 17:49:
Trevellian wrote on Jan 10, 2016, 16:58:
People need to start buying Dragon's Dogma so I can get a damn sequel.

Isn't even out yet...

But you can already buy it
http://store.steampowered.com/app/367500/

Then we'd be making a BN's mistake... pre-ordering.

The game has been out for years on PS3. All they did for PC was make higher res textures and make sure it runs at 60fps.

So yes, it's been out. And this is simply an improvement. But it's what they're using to gauge interest in an actual sequel, which this game sorely needs.

Fucking Dark Souls is approaching it's second sequel since the original came out and Dragon's Dogma came out about a year after DS and has yet to get a sorely needed sequel.

All i can tell you is good things about this game. If you enjoy Dark Souls but want a more D&D style party system with 4 characters and a more open world you cannot go wrong with this game.

Full Disclosure: I have a friend who works for Nvidia and they've been playing a test version, as far as he tells me it really does at the 60fps you see in all the videos.

-C22

2. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jan 10, 2016, 16:58 Trevellian

People need to start buying Dragon's Dogma so I can get a damn sequel.  

-C22

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Free Weekend
3. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Dec 18, 2015, 20:53 Trevellian

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 18, 2015, 20:50:
This soon? I usually thought these were done to boost sales and re-invigorate the title further in to the life of the game...

I believe they're doing it this soon because of what a mess their matchmaking was during the week of beta leading up to the release. Which turned a lot of people away.

If they have fixed said matchmaking issues now is actually a good time to do a free weekend and get those people like me who were on the fence back on board.

-C22

News Comments > Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Next Month
10. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Dec 16, 2015, 18:01 Trevellian

Razumen wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 17:41:
Kajetan wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 17:24:
Razumen wrote on Dec 16, 2015, 17:18:
... but people are going to expect an RTS in space based on the name, and they're going to be majorly put off by this.
People expect NOTHING, because this game was nearly invisible until now. And now you can clearly see that it is a typical "flat" RTS. And its not called Homeworld 3 or Homeworld 4

The name Homeworld itself evokes space based battles, it doesn't matter if there's a numeral after it or not. Like I said, people familiar with the series will hear about it and then once they find out it's drastically different will be disappointed.

Wrong.
I am very familiar with the series. I am definitely a Homeworld fanboy. It was my original "Favorite RTS of all time" when it released and I put countless hours into it. To me Homeworld is epic sci fi with a good story and very tight unit management. It doesn't have to be in space.

I have been following BBI since they first announced Hardware: Shipbreakers and have been salivating for this "Spiritual Successor" ever since I heard the same narrator for Homeworld in the original gameplay teasers.

This game has been in the works for years before Gearbox bought Homeworld and allowed them the rights to use the name and make it an actual part of the universe (Which I highly respect Gearbox for doing, honestly) You can't expect them to just drop what they had been working on and make a space game. There is nothing wrong with this being part of the universe.

ESPECIALLY since they took this opportunity to set the game on Kharak, which means it may be a prequel, which means the game would most possibly be about the Heresy Wars and the discovery of the Khar-Toba (The ship where they find the Hyperspace Core) which leads to the creation of the Kushan Mothership. Leading to the first Homeworld game, obviously.

Don't be so closed minded just because it is set on the ground.

-C22

News Comments > Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex First Assault Early Access
6. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Dec 14, 2015, 19:47 Trevellian

I hope this fails hard.
I hate Nexon and I hate seeing the GITS universe abused for a F2P FPS instead of something worthy of the source material.

-C22

News Comments > Overwatch Free Content Plans
6. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Dec 7, 2015, 21:15 Trevellian

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 20:45:
For someone like me, the initial price of entry for Overwatch is enough to turn me away because my curiosity isn't worth the price they're asking. This is why I'd be much more interested in Paladins if I were to try out a team arena title.

Paladins sucks balls. Tested it. Keep looking.

-C22

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Released
62. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Nov 18, 2015, 00:10 Trevellian

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 20:33:
Twitch streams in a nutshell

Horrible Game Balance
Crashes
Server Issues

^^

I've been streaming it since I unlocked it early Monday night using VPN. Haven't experienced any of those things.

Dunno what to tell you.

-C22

News Comments > BATTLETECH Hits PvP Stretch Goal
23. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Nov 2, 2015, 14:27 Trevellian

Orogogus wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 12:59:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 12:53:
Huh? Why would coop not be fun in a turn-based game? If you have a huge map you could have different starting positions and it could turn out quite interesting first to find a way to join forces properly and then to find the enemy.

Or if you'd share a base on a huge map then split up the recon and defense work in a tactical manner while trying to find the enemy.

All of this would get even more interesting if some objectives would be turn-/time-limited like in the Panzer General games where you had e.g. 20 turns/days to drive the Russians out of St. Petersburg or whatever.

I can easily think of lots of ways how to make coop a very fun experience in a tactical turn-based game like this.

Also, even if it's a slightly different genre but check out Divinity Original Sin EE for fun turn-based coop play. Why would a game with units/mechs instead of RPG characters be less fun?

It would be relatively easy to design it so it becomes tons of fun. It's just a matter of doing it or not doing it. But is it viable? Fuck yes, Sir!

I feel it's not fun because you're just sitting there during the other player's turn, and maybe you get to watch. There's no time limit; you can easily do everything yourself. You talk about splitting up the recon and defense work; what's to stop a single player from doing both? Divinity is a great example; why would I not rather be controlling both characters?

Shadowrun Boston Lockdown, while not being made by Harebrained, ist still pretty decent. Has 4 player Coop, turn based. It's not the most perfect game ever, not as good as Returns/Dragonfall/Hong Kong. But it is FUN to play Coop. So yes, there are some of us, with friends, who ALSO enjoy turn based games. Hence why Divinity Original Sin 2 is including 4 player. It's a no brainer. Just because we're PNP D&D/Battletech nerds doesn't mean we don't have friends we'd like to play the digital versions with.

-C22

News Comments > Old Arkham Knight Reviews Flagged as "Pre-Release"
15. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Oct 28, 2015, 22:00 Trevellian

Seems like it may have been fixed. I went to the store page and don't see anybodies review marked as a Pre-Release review, neither is my own review as far as I can tell.  

-C22

News Comments > Battleborn Multiplayer Trailer
2. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Oct 28, 2015, 15:45 Trevellian

InBlack wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 10:41:
Is this going to be Free to Play? If the answer is yes, then it's probably going to destroy Blizzard's Overwatch. MOBA + FPS = $$$.

Last I read, no.
It's supposed to be a full retail title, you buy it you own it. No paying for characters or F2P nonsense. Full story mode that can be played in Coop and has a Ranking system alongside the Competative multi.

Watch this Ghostrobo look at the game if you're interested in the SP/Coop side of it. (Though he mentions later in the video the difficulty was drastically turned down for playing at shows/interviews for the time)

-C22

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday
17. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Oct 26, 2015, 02:20 Trevellian

Got the Game with the Season pass for 36 bucks off G2A as a preorder.
Already beat it had no issues.
Still can't complain. Other than I still think City was better.

-C22

News Comments > 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta
59. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Oct 13, 2015, 20:15 Trevellian

MacLeod wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 19:52:
My favorite news about the game that shows their idiocy. They've said that the game will not have in-game voice-chat. They said there's enough third party software if you want to chat with your friends... of course there's a problem with this logic. I can only join the game with ONE friend. The rest of the team is fucking random!

No one uses in game VOIP. In any game, and you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. The one exception may be Competative CS:GO. Battlefield servers hosted TS or Ventrilo servers for their community most times and most people who frequented the same servers over and over used those third party programs. So I honestly can't blame them for not wasting their time putting it in. When me and my crew play any game we use TS.

And you can join a game with 8 people. You can make an entire party of 8 people in Battlefront, I know for a fact because we did it. Just more proof most of you installed it and uninstalled it without actually playing. Good grief.

-C22

57. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Oct 13, 2015, 19:39 Trevellian

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 19:24:
Trevellian wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 18:54:
Slick wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 18:46:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 16:03:
For all the supposed play testing and focus group feedback they've been doing (for the past six months at least) it's rather surprising how unbalanced and broken the gameplay was in the game. Even the pod drop game mode saw the rebels at a disadvantage with seemingly spawning them much further away from the objective than the empire side.

are you kidding me!?

first of all the pod drops are RANDOM, so no side has an "advantage", oh also the level is the size of a shoe box.

second, the default skins the rebels wear blends in PERFECTLY with that level, meanwhile the stormtroopers with their pure white "camo" stick out like a sore thumb. The rebels has a distinct advantage in that respect. no more 3D spotting remember? no one comments on how great THAT is. nor the fast spawns, the fast regen, or anything else that makes FPS games FUN.

i swear... did half of you even play the game?

No, of course not, half of them installed it played a round and uninstalled it. In fact they admit to it. Why actually relax and have fun with a game and actually test the beta when you have a forum to run back to and circle jerk nonsense everywhere to feel better about yourselves, right?

If I'm as crotchety as some of these guys are when I'm older (And I'm already 35 now and cynical myself half the time) I don't know what I'll do, I might as well stop playing games. I don't know how any of them have fun.

There's a very easy recipe to having fun. You play good story-driven games like The Witcher series instead of fucking dumbass garbage like Battlefront.

I thought the Witcher 1 and 2 both played god awfully poor as far as combat. So no, thanks I won't play a game like Witcher 3 just because the story is apparently good when I've been burned on the first 2 games being shit.

Thats not to say I don't play OTHER Story Driven games. But Battlefront isn't a Story Driven game, so why would you even bother playing it if that doesn't interest you to begin with? Go play KOTOR.

You're just complaining for the sake of complaining if you want to complain that it's a Multiplayer game when it was never advertised as anything else and want to complain about it.

Might as well be pissing into the wind.

-C22

53. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Oct 13, 2015, 18:54 Trevellian

Slick wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 18:46:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 16:03:
For all the supposed play testing and focus group feedback they've been doing (for the past six months at least) it's rather surprising how unbalanced and broken the gameplay was in the game. Even the pod drop game mode saw the rebels at a disadvantage with seemingly spawning them much further away from the objective than the empire side.

are you kidding me!?

first of all the pod drops are RANDOM, so no side has an "advantage", oh also the level is the size of a shoe box.

second, the default skins the rebels wear blends in PERFECTLY with that level, meanwhile the stormtroopers with their pure white "camo" stick out like a sore thumb. The rebels has a distinct advantage in that respect. no more 3D spotting remember? no one comments on how great THAT is. nor the fast spawns, the fast regen, or anything else that makes FPS games FUN.

i swear... did half of you even play the game?

No, of course not, half of them installed it played a round and uninstalled it. In fact they admit to it. Why actually relax and have fun with a game and actually test the beta when you have a forum to run back to and circle jerk nonsense everywhere to feel better about yourselves, right?

If I'm as crotchety as some of these guys are when I'm older (And I'm already 35 now and cynical myself half the time) I don't know what I'll do, I might as well stop playing games. I don't know how any of them have fun.

-C22

22. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Oct 13, 2015, 14:45 Trevellian

I really enjoyed the game and will be playing it for sure.

I really don't understand what some of you wanted from the game.
It was never going to live up to your rose tinted expectations of the past games (And boy are they rose tinted. I actually went back and played Battlefront 1 and 2 recently, space combat was abysmal, the class system sucked)
It wasn't going to be Battlefield: Star Wars Edition like some people wanted. It's STAR WARS.
Guess what that means? Your target demographic is Star Wars fans, NOT hardcore FPS players. Of course it was going to be Casual Battlefield Lite. Most Star Wars fans are going to want to sit down and experience Star Wars, not play Battlefield 4.

Some of ya'll are so cynical it hurts. The game is great at delivering a Star Wars experience. Just give it a rest.

-C22

1064 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo