Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 1005 (Pro)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Cancelled DOOM Media
5. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues May 19, 2015, 00:26 Trevellian

I dunno, the new teaser looks like what I expect from a Doom game, graphically and aesthetically, gameplay is still yet to be seen. But a buddy of mine who went to Quakecon when they showed the exclusive footage seemed pretty excited about what he saw and said it LOOKED like a Doom Game, and even gave a nod to Brutal Doom by being bloody and having executions. Only time will tell and it's going to be hard for me to wait till the 14th to see it for myself.

Someone on the Doom forums said it best though, that Canceled Doom 4 game looks like a shitty Killzone of Duty game and the dev team behind it deserved to have it shitcanned.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BF4 Spring Patch to Add New Weapons & Gun Master Mode
4. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues May 17, 2015, 21:04 Trevellian

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 17, 2015, 15:50:
Looking at the expanded patch notes, they sound like some decent changes. Yet another game mode though, really? Well, somebody will play it, but I feel as though the game overall would be better served by focusing on the core gameplay of Large Conquest, and maybe even cutting a few of the other modes(Air Superiority) at least as requirements for unlocks.

I haven't played in months though, going to be rusty as hell when I go back for this patch

Personally Gun Master and Scavenger were my two favorite modes added to BF3, so I'm happy to see at least one of them make a comeback.

For the Republic

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Reveal Next Week
12. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues May 7, 2015, 20:47 Trevellian

The only one that was any good was Black Flag, and by association Rogue I'd assume.

They might as well just release a standalone non-AC Pirate game cause thats all anyone wants now.

For the Republic

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X PC Patch Today
8. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues May 6, 2015, 18:54 Trevellian

intermarer wrote on May 6, 2015, 01:47:
Trevellian wrote on May 5, 2015, 17:41:
HoSpanky wrote on May 5, 2015, 11:23:
Well someone posted on here in the last few days that it runs at 5 FPS with a pair of 780s, so maybe they meant "at least manages to run at 30 fps with way more hardware than should be needed".

Whoever wrote that was lying through their teeth.
I won't try to defend High Voltage's port failures as the online play hasn't worked since release and their patch failure today is just abysmal.

But I have a 980GTX and get no less than 60fps playing the game single player. So running at 5fps on a 780 is just bull dooky.

High Voltage is an awful company and I don't understand why anyone still lets them handle their ports. But patches/online failure aside it's still the best Mortal Kombat game yet.

Of course it's easy to look past all the failures when you only paid 28 bucks for the full game and the Kombat pack together and haven't lost your save progress. I do feel sorry for the schmucks who actually lost their save games and paid 90 dollars for the game.
That was me posting about the 5fps, and I was not lying. It's not just that the framerate is horrible, it's that characters skip their animations, sort of warping. It's just a total mess. Here is a video of a guy having the same issue, only it looks a bit better on his machine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_6OE1bnAIA

Edit: Oh, and I'm not running nearly as high settings as he is. Even with everything turned off it's just unplayable

It took me all of 10 seconds into the video to figure out his problem.

He's running it at fucking 4k on a 970
Of course it runs like fucking shit at 4k

The only games I can run on a single 980GTX at 4k are older games, NOT brand new games. If I tried to run GTAV at 4k on 1 card it'd choke my computer.

Fucking set that shit to 1980x1080 on a single card or don't complain about the performance.

For the Republic

News Comments > New NFS This Fall; No Mirror's Edge & Titanfall Sequels Before 2016
21. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues May 6, 2015, 13:35 Trevellian

Verno wrote on May 6, 2015, 09:57:
Cutter wrote on May 6, 2015, 09:51:
Some of you clowns are such massive hypocrites. You rail against EA all the live long day then buy up every fucking thing they release and it's all scheisse. So shut up about it, stop pretending your "indie" and admit you're EA/Actiblizz fanboys already. Then you can go hang out on PC Lamer with the rest of the lame-o's.

Lots of petty butthurt there because people like video games you don't like. I don't really care about making political statements out of my video games, its a leisure activity and you don't earn my salary for me so until then you don't get to tell me how to spend it. I don't feel the need to take a stance on EA either, I ding them when the deserve it and praise them when its appropriate. It's not recess sports where I have to pick a "side". I just buy what I like and if you don't like it then tough fucking shit

This is pretty much how I feel about EA. I criticize what needs to be criticized but they have developers who make games I like and I'm not going to miss out on just because EA owns them. I enjoy the Battlefield series despite other people's opinions. I voted against Hardline by not buying it though and so did many others. But Hardline isn't going to stop me from buying the next true Battlefield Sequel or Battlefront or Mirror's Edge 2 because I love the first game and honestly I think I may go back and play it again now that I mention it.

Edited because typing on a mobile phone sucks.

This comment was edited on May 6, 2015, 15:51.

For the Republic

News Comments > New NFS This Fall; No Mirror's Edge & Titanfall Sequels Before 2016
14. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues May 5, 2015, 23:14 Trevellian

Slick wrote on May 5, 2015, 23:01:
NegaDeath wrote on May 5, 2015, 22:40:
No issue with the loss of space battles, it was the lamest part of Battlefront 2. 64 people just isn't enough to do both space combat and cruiser boarding justice.

I might be mishearing what you're saying, but i think that 2142 handled massive ground wars with aerial vehicles, and still managed titan boarding. It wasn't in space, but it worked.

This is almost how I imagine Walker Assault mode in some way. Will reserve final judgement for seeing actual gameplay.

But everyone seems to be down on the "No 64 player" aspect of the game. Honestly I appreciate that they toned the number down. I find the 64 player servers in BF3/4 to just be spawn farming sillyness. People dieing left and right barely surviving for more than a few seconds. In fact my favorite servers to play on are mostly 32-48 player servers. So I feel like they got a number of people that will make me happy. It's not that I don't feel there SHOULDN'T be 64 player maps, there should for the people who want it. I just personally prefer 32-48 servers in BF3/4. So i feel like their 40 decision is a nice estimate.

For the Republic

6. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues May 5, 2015, 22:13 Trevellian

DangerDog wrote on May 5, 2015, 22:07:
I know that there are a lot of Battlefront fans that are put off by what DICE has announced so far. Personally I like the fact that they're not going to have prequel clone war content in the game, I'm not that thrilled about the lack of a server browser though (the game won't use Battlelog on the PC) so it's just Call of Duty style match making - at least it'll be using instanced servers I assume.

The lack of space combat sort of sucks but it's not going to be Xwing vs Tie fighter anyway.

Exactly, so why even put it in if you know it's going to be shit, just like the flight combat was in Battlefront 2 (Seriously, I just played it 2 days ago, the space combat is fucking awful and I don't understand what people will miss about it)

I want a Tie Fighter sequel, hell just a graphical upgrade and remake would make me the happiest person in the world. But the Space Combat in a Battlefront/Battlefield game just isn't going to come close, so why insult fans with it.

I feel like DICE Really did the right thing here and stuck to what they know, massive epic ground combat, and the game will be better for it.

For the Republic

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Early Access
4. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues May 5, 2015, 21:47 Trevellian

Overon wrote on May 5, 2015, 21:41:
Oh come on. The jerky animations when they move across tiles. The pauses when the enemy AI is calculating it's move. The fact that this is going to be available for mobile. No name developer. Everything about it screams shovelware cash grab of the license.

Say what you want about it but the game is great. And I've experienced no "jerky animations" while playing. In fact the animations, particularly the executions are my favorite part of the whole game.

It's a 13 dollar Chess with modified rules. If you were expecting much more then you're going to be disappointed. But it's a fun game. No one's saying it's a AAA Warhammer 40K FPS MMO Tabletop Experience. But it does what it sets out to do well , Battlechess with the 40K Universe, and I can appreciate that.

It's fun. I think some of you miss the point of video games anymore.

You'll get your full on 40K Battle experience as soon as you go help fund Eternal Crusade, or you'll get a nice 4 player Coop Space Hulk experience when Deathwing is finished. What do you want? 12 different 40K RTS/FPS games being developed at once?

For the Republic

3. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues May 5, 2015, 21:03 Trevellian

DangerDog wrote on May 5, 2015, 20:52:
Even though DICE have gone and fucked up Battlefront it'll still sell like hot cakes because it's Star Wars.

I'm surprised they would mention Hardline in a positive light, I guess it did okay on PS4 and Xbox One.

They didn't fuck anything up. It's Battlefront in name only. Anyone who expected a actual Battlefront sequel from a company who didn't make the original Battlefront is just flat out WRONG. And after buying SW:BF2 on Steam and going back and playing it again this week. People really are looking at it with rose tinted glasses. The space combat was weak as fuck and I for one am glad DICE is leaving it the fuck out in favor of a stronger ground based battle game which they are used to making.

So you're right, it will sell like hot cakes, and it'll most likely be the best damn Star Wars game we'll get for a long time.

For the Republic

News Comments > Starfighter Inc. Kickstarter
4. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues May 5, 2015, 20:14 Trevellian

Agreed.

We worked on X-wing and Tie Fighter and know how much you guys cherish those immersive single player experiences two decades later so we know exactly what you guys want! A multiplayer space shooter.......
What?

and to jdreyer - Freespace and Freespace 2 were probably the last.

For the Republic

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Early Access
1. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues May 5, 2015, 20:09 Trevellian

I just have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying this game, even with only Space Marines and Orks in.

The bloody deaths give me fond memories of playing the old DOS Battle Chess, but with the obvious small changes for the Regicide Ruleset.

For the Republic

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X PC Patch Today
6. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues May 5, 2015, 17:41 Trevellian

HoSpanky wrote on May 5, 2015, 11:23:
Well someone posted on here in the last few days that it runs at 5 FPS with a pair of 780s, so maybe they meant "at least manages to run at 30 fps with way more hardware than should be needed".

Whoever wrote that was lying through their teeth.
I won't try to defend High Voltage's port failures as the online play hasn't worked since release and their patch failure today is just abysmal.

But I have a 980GTX and get no less than 60fps playing the game single player. So running at 5fps on a 780 is just bull dooky.

High Voltage is an awful company and I don't understand why anyone still lets them handle their ports. But patches/online failure aside it's still the best Mortal Kombat game yet.

Of course it's easy to look past all the failures when you only paid 28 bucks for the full game and the Kombat pack together and haven't lost your save progress. I do feel sorry for the schmucks who actually lost their save games and paid 90 dollars for the game.

For the Republic

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Clue?
17. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Apr 30, 2015, 12:34 Trevellian

ItBurn wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 10:54:
Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2015, 10:45:
I can't imagine anyone would want this. The first game was fucking horrible all around. It's why it's selling for $3 on all the key websites.

You're completely mad. Awesome game overall.

I have to Agree with Cutter on this one.
Watch Dogs was my biggest regretful purchase of last year. Absolutely lifeless boring city. One of the absolute most horrible uninteresting protagonists I have ever played. Ubisofts standard climb this tower to unlock activities in the area bullshit mechanic.

Fucking, awful. And thats without even mentioning the blasphemous degrading of PC graphics on purpose.

If I could pick one game I'd be guarantee'd to get my money back on from last year, Watch Dogs would be my choice.

For the Republic

News Comments > DiRT Rally Early Access
6. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Apr 27, 2015, 22:44 Trevellian

Nuhauser wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 22:42:
What's the steering wheel compatibility / control setup like? Will it play nice with my Logitech Momo or does it say "press start" at the first menu screen?

I don't have a steering wheel so I don't know it's compatibility. I was using a DS4 to play.

The game is currently PC exclusive and not a port so the menus are mouse, keyboard or controller driven if you have one plugged in, or both. As I already stated as well, very clean menus and UI.

For the Republic

4. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Apr 27, 2015, 21:20 Trevellian

theglaze wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 20:40:
Trevellian wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 20:15:
I'm a huge rally fan. Was so happy to see this on Steam today. I've already put 3 hours into it.

Basically, if you enjoy rally racing but you were turned off by the Bro'ified Xgames stuff in Dirt 2, or the Gymkhana garbage in Dirt 3. Then you will love this game.

This goes back to full on simulation style like Colin McRae Rally was intended to be before the first Dirt was released.

No Gymkhana
No Rallycross
No Rewind

Just segmented long stage rally's like a rally game should be. Nice clean interface and UI as well.

This was a great surprise for something that came out of nowhere.

How long are the rally stages?

I believe the stages have shortened with each DiRT release; the original game had the longest stages.

The Stages in DiRT 3 where AWFUL short, like 2 minutes a stage with maybe 2-3 Stages.

DiRT Rally, has 4-6 Stage events that are part of 3-6 Event Championships, and each Stage itself is a good 5-6 minutes of driving if you don't make any errors. I believe the longest Event I have done so far was Monte Carlo which was 6 Stages at about 4-6 minutes a Stage.

For the Republic

2. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Apr 27, 2015, 20:15 Trevellian

I'm a huge rally fan. Was so happy to see this on Steam today. I've already put 3 hours into it.

Basically, if you enjoy rally racing but you were turned off by the Bro'ified Xgames stuff in Dirt 2, or the Gymkhana garbage in Dirt 3. Then you will love this game.

This goes back to full on simulation style like Colin McRae Rally was intended to be before the first Dirt was released.

No Gymkhana
No Rallycross
No Rewind

Just segmented long stage rally's like a rally game should be. Nice clean interface and UI as well.

This was a great surprise for something that came out of nowhere.

For the Republic

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Apr 27, 2015, 09:09 Trevellian

There were CDKeys for MKX on cdkeys.com yesterday for 20 bucks, I think 26 or 28 for the version that comes with the Kombat Pack as well.

I picked one up and played through the entire story yesterday cause I was bored.

For the Republic

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
18. Re: Mad Max Trailer Apr 23, 2015, 12:36 Trevellian

What's with all the positivity in his thread? This is Blues. Everyone go back to being cynical you're freaking me out.  

For the Republic

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
22. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Apr 13, 2015, 11:04 Trevellian

nin wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 09:10:
I'm going to miss as well. I was on last months cap until the 11th, and I still haven't had time to get the DS4 working on the pc...

But soon...

This is all you need nin
https://inputmapper.com/
It works like a charm, I was finally able to play racing games and stuff like Hyperdimension Neptunia and Dark Souls with it.

For the Republic

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dungeons 2; Specs Released
5. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Mar 25, 2015, 17:35 Trevellian

I personally felt the Dungeons game was a shallow facsimile of the Dungeon Keeper games. I didn't like them nearly as much as DK or DK2. They can keep this rubbish.  

For the Republic

1005 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo