Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 1023 (Pro)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Devilian Announced
3. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 30, 2015, 14:38 Trevellian

Trion and Succesful in Korea in the same Sentence?
Nope.
Fool me once, never again.
Fuck Trion.

-C22
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized
8. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 10:32 Trevellian

Rocksteady shouldn't have to fix Iron Galaxy's shitty mess to begin with. WB needs to stop hiring shit dev companies to port their games to PC. Origins, Shadow of Mordor, MKX and now Arkham Knight have all had shit launches now because they want to cut corners. Rocksteady did fine on Asylum and City themselves why would you take porting the third game in their series out of their hands and hand it to someone else? Rocksteady takes so much pride in this Arkham series and it's sad to see the game get shit on for performance issues and not see one mention of the story, side stories or once again phenomenal voice acting by the original Animated Series crew anywhere.  

-C22

News Comments > More Arkham Knight Issues; GMG on Possible Refunds
48. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 25, 2015, 17:32 Trevellian

descender wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 17:22:
There is pretty clearly stuttering and hitching in your video (most obvious driving up the ramp to the top street level). I think the issue here is that some people either don't care or can't see it... I don't know. What passes for "acceptable performance" obviously means different things to different people.

I had a friend over the other day and I was bitching about how GTA5 stutters on my PC (almost like a pulse every few seconds) and he looked at me like I had 3 heads, he couldn't see it at all.

That's on my shit PC though... If I had your rig, I don't think I would be OK with the way the game seems to be running.

Side note: the car strafing looks so fuckin cheesy

I'm aware of a hitch around 1:54 or so. Other than that I just don't notice it. The game is well beyond playable unlike what most people have experienced on my system. Is it perfect? No. But it's certainly not the worst port I've ever played. But thats my experience, I'm aware other people are experiencing something far far worse and I'm not defending them, it needs fixed. But my personal experience has been fine.

It's possible that if I had paid 100 dollars for the Premium edition I'd be a little perturbed. But I spent 35 dollars and am having a great time with one of my favorite series.

-C22

46. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 25, 2015, 16:17 Trevellian

Redmask wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 07:21:
Trevellian wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 00:39:
Actually from what I'm hearing, and if you watch TotalBiscuits Port Report it may have to do with HDD's. It seems some of it may be an issue stemming from mechanical drives not being able to keep up with streaming the city. I dunno about Ranger or DarkCntry but I do have mine installed on an SSD and as I said I get no stuttering and can speed through the city at full speed in the Batmobile no problem.

Same, no problems here with stuttering so far, installed on a 500GB Samsung EVO SSD. The game has other problems unrelated to streaming performance though, I've hit more than a few show stoppers so far. Glad it was a free video card pack in and that I wasn't dumb enough to drop money on this.

I actually have the same exact SSD, Samsung EVO 500GB.

I only paid $35 for a Akrham Knight Premium Key. So since my game runs fine I feel pretty good about my purchase.

Quinn wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 03:09:
Video or I don't believe you. I have your rig, a GTX980 and one of the best SSD's on the market, 16gb -- but windows 8.1 instead of 7. I have everything maxed on 1080p. You? Anyway, wooshing through the city gives stuttering to an extent I simply don't believe hardware is the issue here. It's playable, just not acceptable. Standing on top of a building looking around me gives a solid fps -- it's the streaming this game doesn't handle right. Oh, and the batmobile in general seems to impact performance by just being there somehow.

Here you go, I set it to Private, I also cut the loading screens out because one of theme contained an extreme game spoiler as it was the last story mission I did.

I have MaxFPS set to 60.000000, recorded 4 minutes of driving around and even some combat with drones.

https://youtu.be/PV0fw-mt0JA

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 2015, 16:50.

-C22

40. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 25, 2015, 00:39 Trevellian

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 21:11:
DarkCntry wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 21:10:
Ranger55 wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 18:28:
Trevellian wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 18:01:
Game runs perfectly fine for me on a 980GTX and an old i7 3770k.
I feel sorry for the people who are having issues but I've been enjoying every minute of the game.

Same here. Running everything turned up @ 1080p without any issues. 980GTX on an old Phenom II 970 w/ 16GB of RAM running Win7.

My streak of being a golden unicorn that shits rainbows continues, I haven't had an issue one with the game running 1080p/60-ish (ish only cause it runs average 80) for 21 hours. 980GTX, 5930K, and 16GB RAM...

Maybe it's the 16gb of ram???

Actually from what I'm hearing, and if you watch TotalBiscuits Port Report it may have to do with HDD's. It seems some of it may be an issue stemming from mechanical drives not being able to keep up with streaming the city. I dunno about Ranger or DarkCntry but I do have mine installed on an SSD and as I said I get no stuttering and can speed through the city at full speed in the Batmobile no problem.

-C22

12. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 24, 2015, 18:04 Trevellian

Krovven wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 17:56:
Kosumo wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 17:50:
I place more of the blame on Warner Bros. (publisher) than Rocksteady (developer).

I wonder how this is going to effect the PC pre-sale of WB next game, Mad Max.

Who did the ports of the previous 3 games to PC? Anyone know?

Did Rocksteady ever do their own PC development?

Rocksteady did their own for Asylum and City. Iron Galaxy did the ports for Origins and Knight. So everyone seems to be blaming them, though from what I've read they were only given 2 months to port Knight.

-C22

11. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 24, 2015, 18:01 Trevellian

Game runs perfectly fine for me on a 980GTX and an old i7 3770k.
I feel sorry for the people who are having issues but I've been enjoying every minute of the game.

-C22

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Specs Updated; AMD Issues Noted
4. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 22, 2015, 14:21 Trevellian

LOL AMD, people still buy their crap? I was AMD faithful for a decade till they lost their edge. Went back to Nvidia and Intel around the time the 680GTX came out a few years ago, haven't even thought of looking back.

This comment was edited on Jun 22, 2015, 16:56.

-C22

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Eternal Conflict Content
7. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 19, 2015, 16:56 Trevellian

InBlack wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 09:18:
Blue wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 09:11:
InBlack wrote on Jun 19, 2015, 09:01:
Always welcome new Heroes, and it's good that they are Diablo heroes, because the Diablo heroes currently in the game (Diablo, Tyreal, Sonya) with the exception of Valla, are very underpowered.

Don't overlook Nazeebo... he's kind of a monster.

Yeah I forgot about Nazeebo, I wouldnt really call him a monster though. That ring of corpses he has is nice, but I hardly see anyone ever pick him on Hero League. An average monster at best...

Here is a quick tip for those just getting into the game, the best, read most competitive (Tier1) Heroes currently are:

Ilidan, Jaina, Brightwing, Uther, Muradin, Kal'Theas, Anubarak, Sylvanas, and maybe Valla and Zagara.

As you can see, they are mostly Warcraft heroes.

Tier's are for Pro's.

Unless you are in the top 1% of players Tier's mean absolute shit to you as a player. In any MOBA.

If you are an average, solo queuing player. The only usefulness Tiers have to you are to look who is at the bottom and realize those are pretty much the most shit heroes. But you will never play a Tier 1 Hero like a Pro unless you are one, so the difference between a Tier 1 and Tier 2 or Tier 3 hero is absolutely zero to an average player who doesn't have the required skill to play those heroes the way that put them in those tiers.

I get tired of people bringing up Tiers like they are the end all be all decisionmaker on who people should play in MOBA's. Same thing goes for Fighting games.
Severe pet peeve of mine.

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2015, 17:27.

-C22

News Comments > For Honor Announced
8. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 16, 2015, 01:39 Trevellian

Cutter wrote on Jun 15, 2015, 20:45:
So is that actual gameplay? Wtf is going on with this?

No it is not. But this is actual gameplay https://youtu.be/sp3NKQlJPuo
Looks like a 4 on 4 more nextgen Chivalry to me.
The actual sword combat looks pretty in depth and like you could get really good at it and have some good duels.

-C22

News Comments > DAYZ Creator Announces ION
4. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 15, 2015, 16:43 Trevellian

How about if he finishes one game first? I don't think that's much to ask.  

-C22

News Comments > Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO Trailer
6. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 14, 2015, 00:14 Trevellian

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 13, 2015, 23:54:
Say do you have Dirt Rally? Is it decent? Proper physics? realistic sound? Proper wheel and FF support?

What are the plans for a SP campaign?

Honestly I don't use a wheel or FF for PC because I don't have the room, I just plug my PS4 controller in and play it that way.

But yes, it has extremely proper physics and realistic sound. It already has a single player season mode in the game where you earn credits and unlock newer cars (you start in 60's or 70's rally cars). Despite my best efforts I have yet to come in better than 3rd place in a full 4-6 segment race. The physics are a lot more realistic than the past DiRT games and your tires dig into ruts more, the car is effected more. They even have a real Rally driver setting the daily challenge track times.

TL:DR They took Rally very seriously and actually listened to fans who complained about past DiRT games.

-C22

News Comments > Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO Trailer
4. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 13, 2015, 23:06 Trevellian

With DiRT Rally having released recently with huge support and care being given to it by Codemasters in it's Early Access state, I predict this game to land dead in the water.  

-C22

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale
1. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 11, 2015, 17:28 Trevellian

GTAV is NOT 30% off.

In fact Rockstar went out of their way to be dicks about it.
Made 3 bundles with Shark Cards or other games with GTAV that all come out to 59.99 no matter how you want to get the game.

Kind of a dick move if you ask me.

-C22

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Catalyst Title Confirmed
6. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 9, 2015, 22:54 Trevellian

gravity wrote on Jun 9, 2015, 21:59:
I have to say.. I'm heartened to see the four posts on here preceding me all basically saying "uh oh... this could be great," but let's lower the bar... (to quote Tom Papa) "LOWER... THE BAR..."

There's been massive numbers of attempts at 'PAR-KOOOOOR' as of late, but none have lived up to the levels that Mirrors Edge set. Maybe "Dying Light,"...... OK, yeah, Dying Light did respectable. However, Mirrors Edge had focus on simply parkour, and nothing but...

SHUT UP... THERE WERE NO GUNS!!!

(watches new teaser/trailer)

GUNS?! DAMMIT!!!!!!

There were guns in the first game... you could disarm people of them and shoot them with them. Was it always the wisest choice? No. But they were there, and usable. I don't see why guns being in the second game surprises people. They are there for those who need to use them, you can still play the game avoiding them altogether.

-C22

News Comments > Skyforge Video
3. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Jun 5, 2015, 17:45 Trevellian

Obsidian is the only reason I supported this game originally.

Their target audience is definitely not your normal MMO player. It plays more like Tera with very action oriented combat. The world is pretty but is designed similar to how Destiny is designed. A few large outdoor areas and a ton of instances where you can farm public quests and follow the storyline through them all.

It's a pretty solid game but it may not be to everyones liking, it's very grindy.

-C22

News Comments > WildStar Goes Free-to-Play
15. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues May 29, 2015, 02:12 Trevellian

Bill Borre wrote on May 28, 2015, 15:11:
Besides wow, are there any of these games that haven't adopted this model?

FF14. And it's doing quite well actually. Expansion about to come out in a month.

-C22

News Comments > CDPR: "Too Early" to Discuss Cyberpunk 2077
24. Re: CDPR: May 27, 2015, 15:47 Trevellian

TOO EARLY TO DISCUSS?

You released a Teaser Trailer for it 2 fucking years ago.

Now you're telling me you haven't even started working on the game? I'm so tired of companies doing this shit. Don't even announce the thing if you're not going to work on it for 2 years.

Unreal.

This comment was edited on May 27, 2015, 16:07.

-C22

News Comments > Cancelled DOOM Media
5. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues May 19, 2015, 00:26 Trevellian

I dunno, the new teaser looks like what I expect from a Doom game, graphically and aesthetically, gameplay is still yet to be seen. But a buddy of mine who went to Quakecon when they showed the exclusive footage seemed pretty excited about what he saw and said it LOOKED like a Doom Game, and even gave a nod to Brutal Doom by being bloody and having executions. Only time will tell and it's going to be hard for me to wait till the 14th to see it for myself.

Someone on the Doom forums said it best though, that Canceled Doom 4 game looks like a shitty Killzone of Duty game and the dev team behind it deserved to have it shitcanned.

-C22

News Comments > BF4 Spring Patch to Add New Weapons & Gun Master Mode
4. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues May 17, 2015, 21:04 Trevellian

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 17, 2015, 15:50:
Looking at the expanded patch notes, they sound like some decent changes. Yet another game mode though, really? Well, somebody will play it, but I feel as though the game overall would be better served by focusing on the core gameplay of Large Conquest, and maybe even cutting a few of the other modes(Air Superiority) at least as requirements for unlocks.

I haven't played in months though, going to be rusty as hell when I go back for this patch

Personally Gun Master and Scavenger were my two favorite modes added to BF3, so I'm happy to see at least one of them make a comeback.

-C22

1023 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo