Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jason

Real Name Jason   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Trevellian
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage http://www.c22gaming.com
Signed On Jul 6, 2009, 19:17
Total Comments 987 (Graduate)
User ID 55066

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
22. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Apr 13, 2015, 11:04 Trevellian

nin wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 09:10:
I'm going to miss as well. I was on last months cap until the 11th, and I still haven't had time to get the DS4 working on the pc...

But soon...

This is all you need nin
https://inputmapper.com/
It works like a charm, I was finally able to play racing games and stuff like Hyperdimension Neptunia and Dark Souls with it.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dungeons 2; Specs Released
5. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Mar 25, 2015, 17:35 Trevellian

I personally felt the Dungeons game was a shallow facsimile of the Dungeon Keeper games. I didn't like them nearly as much as DK or DK2. They can keep this rubbish.  

For the Republic

News Comments > H1Z1 Sells 1M Copies on Steam
29. Re: H1Z1 Sells 1M Copies on Steam Mar 24, 2015, 23:08 Trevellian

bobbyweenus wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 21:34:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 13:01:
Wetworks24 wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 09:40:
1 million people paying $20 for a game that's going to be free in several months.

This is what amazed me... it's fine to want to play H1Z1, but wtf, wait a few months and play it for free, maybe? Instead of paying to be a beta tester?

Come on now, gaming community!

I've been hardcore PC gaming since the mid 90s. I've been in more closed alphas and betas than I could even recall, and I paid to test H1Z1. I have faith in the long term direction of the game, and I don't mind contributing to it. What I wanted was a game that takes the zombie survival design, makes it a bit more fun, on an engine that runs better than the Arma engine, it's delivered that 10 fold for me so far.

I mostly play Survival, not BR. There are tons of Survival servers, with tons of players on them. BR is fun, but my love for the game is in the base building aspects of it, and the long term PVP. In just the last few weeks, my group has feuded with a very large Taiwanese clan, three different groups of players similar to us, and most recently, we started getting into skirmishes with a large group that has a massive base near us. Finally we had enough, walked right through them, blew the lid off of their base, and made it our own.

Winning BR is fun, and feels like a nice accomplishment, but nothing compares to telling an enemy that had been talking shit to you, that the base they and their group had spent days building, now belongs to you.

I imagine the streamers are mostly playing BR because that's what gets views.

Anyone who enjoys the survival gameplay is playing it or looking into relevant info about it, not watching a streamer play it.

Basically, most of what I see in this thread are people who genuinely don't have a leg to stand on, spouting off shit they read from knee jerk reacting children on reddit.

I have 20 legs to stand on as I spent my money to test the game as well so don't tell me my opinion isn't valid. I've been BETA testing games since the original EQ and DAOC with probably over a 100 beta tests and Early Access games since. Doesn't mean that H1Z1 is finished, because it's not, and it sickens me they want to change the business model that was advertised after roping in a million customers willing to test their game. It's a shitty tactic no matter how you look at it, you can defend that all you want. I play Survival mode with my clan, but the reality is it doesn't provide anything I haven't done before in a game, base building? Done it, feuding? Done it. BR gives a sense of accomplishment as it has an actual end goal. That is why it is popular and Survival not so much. Theres a reason they had to add more BR servers when the community complained about queue times.

For the Republic

News Comments > H1Z1 Sells 1M Copies on Steam
21. Re: H1Z1 Sells 1M Copies on Steam Mar 24, 2015, 13:00 Trevellian

Wetworks24 wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 09:40:
1 million people paying $20 for a game that's going to be free in several months.

The best part is, not only was it 20 dollars to get early access. But all of their 1m copies sold success, is do solely not to the Survival servers, but to another gametype altogether.

The fact of the matter is all of that success is due to Streamers (A lot of professional and top COD players, in their off time in particular) playing the BATTLE ROYALE mode of H1Z1, because unlike Survival, they're quick, twitch based rounds that are an actually somewhat unique game mode not found in most games.

To top all of that off, now, not only have these people paid 20 dollars for early access... But Daybreak is going to turn around and slap a 7 dollar a month subscription to ACCESS BATTLE ROYALE MODE While the game is STILL in Early Access.

Smedley and his crock of shit company can take a long walk off a short pier. Should have learned my lesson with Planetside 2, can't believe I gave these assholes another 20 bucks for H1Z1.

For the Republic

News Comments > Another Skyforge Beta Next Week
4. Re: Another Skyforge Beta Next Week Mar 19, 2015, 23:54 Trevellian

I played it and so did a few of my buddies.
It's fun, combat it similar to Tera (Block, Dodge, Combo attacks) but it handles combo's a lot better.

It has a much more Warframe/Destiny style vibe to it than a traditional MMO though so if that isn't your thing I wouldn't recommend it. As in, hub town, then go on missions.

On release it will have 13 classes (in CBT there were only 9), 33 "Mission" Instances for 1-3 Players, 8 different 5 Man instances, 11 Large open world exploration and area quest zones, as well as 5 different PVP zones.

The guys making it at very anti P2W, so it will likely be that most of the in game purchases will be cosmetic, as they have the game completely set up in that way, (There is no armor loot, instead of armor slots there are 4 ring and 2 weapon slots, what you look like is determined by what costume/colors you pick in a Style window that can be changed at any time)

In Short, the combat is fun and the game is pretty, but not sure it has a lot of staying power compared to most games that come out, still, it's going to be F2P so I'll probably throw some time into it just for something to do.

For the Republic

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End
26. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Mar 17, 2015, 14:27 Trevellian

NewMaxx wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 14:13:
Darks wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 13:55:
That game is so monetized it is even funny

Pretty much, heavily monetized...I enjoyed the game itself (SWTOR) but it's not the ideal choice to use as a baseline for how to do F2P (which was the original argument...and which I agree with you on)

It's definitely not the best choice. Period. SWTOR is sadly monetized, I tried to go back once it was F2P and get back into the game, nope, impossible. Pay for features that should be in the game by default is a sad joke. Pay to hide your helm? Are you fucking kidding me? Half of my money, money I earned, was in fucking Escrow, and if wanted access to the money in Escrow I would have to pay real money to get it back.

SWTOR can go fuck itself.

There are only 2 games I will say do F2P properly without P2W being involved and thats Guild Wars 2 and RIFT. 90% of the Real Money Markets in both games are cosmetic.

And don't even get me started on ArcheAge, what a fucking bullshit game that turned out to be, the best players in the game are credit card warriors who have dropped well over 5000 dollars to be able to craft the best gear possible. What a joke.

For the Republic

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End
19. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Mandatory Subscriptions End Mar 17, 2015, 12:51 Trevellian

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 17, 2015, 12:42:
Waiting for it to go on sale for $10 - $15 and then I'd check it out. Kind of surprised they didn't have a deep flash sale to celebrate the transition by bringing in more players on the fence due to the price of admission in to questionable territories.

I know right? G2A even had keys for 30 bucks like 2 days ago but I was like nah I'll wait they'll for sure drop the price to bring in more players and then I'll get it on Steam and try it. Nope, now even the G2A keys are back up to 48 dollars.

They're not even trying. 30 Dollars would be the highest I'd pay for price of admission without feeling bad about it right now.

For the Republic

News Comments > Reloaded Games Acquires Hawken
11. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Mar 16, 2015, 15:36 Trevellian

LOL Well, this game is dead in the water then.

Moneyfirst ruined APB when they got their hands on it, I expect no more than the same treatment for Hawken, players won't see an influx of new blood they'll just see more players quit.

For the Republic

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Ultimate Vault Hunter 2 & ClapTrap DLC This Month
2. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Mar 9, 2015, 10:11 Trevellian

nin wrote on Mar 9, 2015, 09:48:
Actually getting a little psyched to play the presequel. Been away from BL long enough that the idea doesn't sound bad, now.

I'm a huge Borderlands fan myself but, I waited on Pre-Sequel because I felt like it was just Borderlands 2.5, when what I really wanted was a 3.

I just picked it up for 30 during the SteamOS sale.

After playing for a few hours with a buddy, I can honestly say it's got the same humor and charm I've come to enjoy, the Laser weapons are awesome, and the class abilities are still somehow unique. I hope at some point in the future they'll do a Borderlands with all of the old playable characters and their abilities. Because after playing Athena I don't want to not play her in another Borderlands. Finally, an actual tank class, that can absorb bullets and taunt things off friendlies. I love her.

For the Republic

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer; AMAA
3. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 26, 2015, 03:16 Trevellian

I'm in for a few reasons, Rocksteady's Arkham games have been nothing but stellar (Origins, obviously not Rocksteady and a cash in)

And because the story with the Arkham Knight gives me shades of the Red Hood movie. Someone is in that suit and it's someone who knows Bruce Wayne well. I want to find out who that is, and see how they deal with the story.

Plus it has the Batmobile finally, so it feels like they've finally made a big Gotham city to play in with more to do.

For the Republic

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena Announced
4. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena Announced Feb 25, 2015, 23:43 Trevellian

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 20:24:
I wanted more 40k but not like this. Not like this...

Eternal Crusade is the only hope for 40k at the moment.

For the Republic

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Winter Patch & Free Community Map Plans
6. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 20, 2015, 18:05 Trevellian

siapnar wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 15:33:
Hey, at least they're involving the community somewhat. This is a step forward, not back. We'll never be back to the modding days with these guys, but I see this as progress.
Could be better
Verno wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 13:34:
I uninstalled the other day, got my moneys worth but realized I'm just not enjoying the newer BF games as much.
I find if I'm not playing with buddies, my enjoyment of BF4 is far far lower than if I am over TS.
when we get a full squad playing together with voice though, this game is the tits.

This 100%
I never play Battlefield or Planetside 2 or really much of anything that is multiplayer heavy alone. This is why I have my gaming community, it just makes those games 10x more fun even if there are bugs and broken bits. GTAV should be a giant blast since we can get all of us in one game.

For the Republic

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 16, 2015, 11:37 Trevellian

MacLeod wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 11:29:
nin wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 09:47:
Review embargo is like 7AM pst on Thur. I'll wait until then...

7AM, the day before release day. Yea. That pretty much tells me what the game is going to be like.

It's like that time a friend and I got invited to a test screening of a movie. It was free, so we were like "Cool. let's go." Then I realized... "Wait... isn't this movie coming out Tomorrow??" It was. They were literally getting a test audience reaction the day before the release date. That movie? "Phantoms".

Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms.

For the Republic

News Comments > Evolve Skin Costs Tallied
15. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 12, 2015, 06:47 Trevellian

DarkCntry wrote on Feb 12, 2015, 00:56:
Slick wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 21:43:
DarkCntry wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 20:21:
Omni wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 20:18:
It astounds me people give these fucks money.

It really is, people don't value of money and common sense.
Its been taking a turn for the worse ever year with DLC and what not but people still jump on the retard wagon every time.
Might want to take a look in the mirror...you're complaining about fucking optional and totally non-game-changing skins.

i couldn't care less if there was $1300 worth of DLC skins available. If people want to part with their money like that, then that's up to them, it doesn't change the core experience.

unfortunately keeping 4 hunters and 1 monster hidden behind paid DLC ON DAY ONE is exactly the kind of bullshit that doesn't deserve my patronage.

at the end of the day, how people wanna spend their money is no one's business than their own. but i think that there's some confusion as to what constitutes "bad DLC". and needs straightening out.

in short: anything that cuts out part of the game and hocks it on the side as day-one paid DLC. that is unacceptable. it's a crooked way of doing business when they carve up the product to pinch pennies. and i think that it's obvious when a game is doing that. on the other hand, they can charge $500 for horse armor all they want, if it's not affecting anyone's game, then go nuts. there's a sucker born every minute. and frankly if you're looking for a game to play, the people who compulsively buy $500 horse armor are paying for most of the development of said game. same idea of how F2P works. you can mock people spending money on overpriced cosmedic items all you want, but they're directly supporting a game we all enjoy. they should be praised.

FYI: Neither the 4 hunters nor the 1 monster are day 1 DLC...

It amazes me that people still don't get this.

For the Republic

News Comments > Heroes of the Storm Finds Lost Vikings
10. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 11, 2015, 19:48 Trevellian

descender wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 19:36:
What they need are maps.

So you think that the MOBA game with the most unique maps types... needs more maps? /boggle

I think what HotS might need is people that actually play it to talk about it, and people that don't to be quiet and stop acting like they do.

I play it almost daily, I love the the streamlining. Not having to deal with gem pages, building items, last hitting mobs. It makes it easier to play, easier for new Moba players to get used to. More fun to play in general. Obviously this is my opinion, some people will still prefer all the deep item building in league because it allows you to build someone more tanky or more glass cannony.

But honestly the talent system they put in place for the most part allows for that just as well. There are a few heroes whose talents are just absolutely blah like Murky, but I think they've found a good balance for most of them.

Personally I'm getting tired of hearing "More Maps" from people though. League has ONE fucking map, and Heroes has 5 (And a Diablo themed Heaven vs Hell map on the way in the not to distant future) that are all played slightly different... Yet, no one bitches about League having 1 map? It's damned silly.

For the Republic

News Comments > Daybreak Layoffs
2. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 11, 2015, 19:40 Trevellian

All hope I had for EQ Next is smashed.
PS2 will probably deteriorate even worse, it was already being run by a skeleton crew and getting rid of Xander Clauss was an awful loss.

For the Republic

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Evolve
42. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 11, 2015, 00:31 Trevellian

Rattlehead wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 19:41:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 14:59:
Rattlehead wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 12:41:
Has anyone here played it yet? How is it? It's been getting good reviews.

LOL it is?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/273350/reviews/

I know that's just page after page of people raging over the DLC marketing nonsense, most are reviews of the alpha gameplay but has it really changed that much from then? The "theme" of the game sounded okay on paper, I think somewhere along the way it didn't quite "evolve" into a fun game though.

Let's take a classic monster game like the arcade classic Rampage, you get to be a monster, smashing buildings, eating people now imagine if you could have something like that in a Grand Theft Auto type setting where you have four people trying to take down a monster that's actually doing classic monster things in environments that are full of wonderful over the top destruction with little AI computer people running from you while you stomp them into the ground, swallow them whole or turn a whole crowd into a mini monster BBQ buffet with your fire breathing creature. You could still have your sci-fi setting for your "hunters".

What they've created here though is an arena based, spastic, button mashing fighting game where they thought that for some strange reason would make an awesome e-sports game? what?
I'm talking about professional reviews, not bitchy user reviews caught up on the DLC fiasco.

A majority of those bitchy user reviews caught up on DLC aren't even people that own the game and claim they never will, for some reason it's allowing anyone who played Beta/Alpha to place a review without even owning the actual product, it's pretty pathetic and needs to be fixed. It was Mostly Positive before Reddit nerds flooded it with negative DLC reviews, and for what, skins?

They need to fix it so only owners of the final product have reviews showing up, be it negative or not.

For the Republic

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Evolve
37. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 10, 2015, 18:14 Trevellian

Tumbler wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 16:42:
Will be interesting to see a few games on Twitch or youtube.

It seems like they're trying very hard to present it as an alien / predator esqe horror game but all I remember from the beta was it felt more like a game of chase the monster around.

There was never a chance to surprise the players and attack them, it seemed like it was all too obvious where you were. (the monster)

When they started talking about this game I figured it'd be something like a dark jungle you had to sneak around in. Like the hunters start with a pistol after having crash landed or something. They have to sneak closer to each other and find their weapons and armor. Maybe they have to cover themselves in mud to be invisible, maybe they need to sharpen spears and set traps, maybe the monster looks like a predator. Maybe they should have just made a game like what happened in predators?! Lots of hiding and sneaking around and once the humans have equipped themselves back up they can hopefully kill the monster....like a predator style annihilation of jungle with a mini gun!

I'm willing to give the game my attention for a few hours, if it's good then it's probably something I want to play...but I don't have a lot of hope.

Then you've played awful monster players. I've seen S1 Goliaths hide in bushes and the rest of my team run by them and I just happened to see the red glow. I've seen good Goliaths pounce and 1 shot people that walk by them. It depends on the player, that is the nature of this type of game. Same thing with the old Hidden mod for Source/UT, the good players are the ones that make the game special, and after awhile the people that love playing monsters will be the ones queued up as it the most.

For the Republic

News Comments > Gas Guzzlers Extreme Full Metal Zombie DLC Next Week
2. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 9, 2015, 22:31 Trevellian

siapnar wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 18:36:
Trying to appease the Carmageddon crowd I see

They wish their game was as good as Carmageddon: Reincarnation is.
One of the few Early Access games I've been heavily impressed with. They've stayed so true to the originals just with a new coat of paint.

For the Republic

News Comments > Techland Reconfirms Dying Light Mod Support
13. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 2, 2015, 16:30 Trevellian

DangerDog wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 15:47:
Trevellian wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 12:20:
Gee, I wonder if all of the people who jumped to conclusions and called them assholes just hours ago feel like assholes themselves now. Probably not, narcissism is a wonderful thing.

why? If they really did abuse DMCA takedown notices then they're still a bunch of asshats, between this and the expedient patch release to stop modding/tweaking it only looks like they've had a "new" decision change on the matter most likely do to player revolt.

Why might someone not want to install patches? Well, the PC version has been updated to block single-player mods, which is disappointing.

people were avoiding updating the game (I didn't even know you could do that on any platform let alone Steam) so they could keep their mods and Techland were all like "why wouldn't you want to update the game guys?" derp!

edit: okay, the DMCA takedown thing might be a rumor.

yay mods, maybe in a year or so there will be enough tweaks and fixes to make it worth buying on a Steam sale-a-thon.

Might be a rumor? I remember a wise man once said, "Screenshot or it didn't happen.". I have yet to see anyone even attempt to provide proof that there was ever a DMCA. Guilty until proven innocent is the new norm I guess.

For the Republic

987 Comments. 50 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo