Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for entr0py

Real Name entr0py   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 23, 2009, 01:08
Total Comments 898 (Graduate)
User ID 55038

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Titan "Unlikely" to be Subscription-Based
15. Re: Titan Aug 2, 2013, 19:42 entr0py

Blue makes a good point about the ludicrous financial success of WoW. Sure, OTHER companies need to make the calculation that they're not going to produce the next WoW, so a high budget subscription based MMO is a tall order. But you'd think Blizzard has a shot at it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > XCOM Enemy Within Announcement This Month?
16. Re: XCOM Enemy Within Announcement This Month? Aug 1, 2013, 21:52 entr0py

Personally, I'd like to see it turn out to be a stand-alone expansion around the $30 mark. It's not the right time for a full-price sequel yet, if they're smart they'll just improve and flesh out Enemy Unknown.  

News Comments > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Demo
5. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Demo Jul 31, 2013, 23:13 entr0py

Kitkoan wrote on Jul 31, 2013, 21:32:
Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection

Always online DRM... nice...

I bet they just copy-pasted that wrong, here's another site with it listed only as a recommended requirement.
www.giantbomb.com/castlevania-lords-of-shadow/3030-23704/

Besides, Steam's offline mode is already a bit of a farce since you have to go online to activate offline mode.

News Comments > Steam Game Resale EU Court Case This Year?
33. Re: Steam Game Resale EU Court Case This Year? Jul 21, 2013, 22:32 entr0py

While this won't effect their legal requirements anywhere else in the world, I hope once Valve is forced to build this system they'll find it helps their business and end up willingly rolling it out in other regions.

Shareholders love the idea of eliminating the second hand market for games. But what they don't appreciate is that customers are more likely to buy new $60 games if they retain some of their value. Home consoles were not killed off by the ability of customers to gift, sell, or rent games. Quite the opposite, since PC software gained an exemption from the first sale doctrine, consoles have gained a larger market share. Sometimes not screwing the customer as hard as possible is actually the way to go.

News Comments > Homeworld HD and Homeworld 2 HD Announced
27. Re: Homeworld HD and Homeworld 2 HD Announced Jul 20, 2013, 23:13 entr0py

Darkmancer wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 18:33:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 13:53:
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about Homeworld:Cataclysm?

Wasn't made by relic, I think it was cave dog who made it. Shame really because despite the b-movie plot it probably has the best combat mechanics/interesting features of the three. lets see, wormholes, exploding resources, huge cannons, races which actually play differently, ships which combine together to form force fields, stealth ships that leach health, absorbing enemy force, etc etc.

I think there's a lot of rose tinted glasses here. Homeworld combat mechanics were nothing special. Where homeworld stood out was treating the player intelligently (shock), actual proper 3d battlefield and most importantly the atmosphere of the game.

Homeworld 2 was rushed out mediocrity, the story was a jarred mess and nothing really stood out about it, I really hope there's some changes to it.

Even though Cataclysm was developed by Barking Dog Studios (now Rockstar Vancouver), shouldn't Gearbox own it now? Cataclysm, like all the other games, was published by Sierra who owned the IP. So I'd assume it's part of the package that was sold to THQ, then Gearbox.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 20, 2013, 02:25 entr0py

Julio wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 19:40:
They're going to lose a ton of cash by making it Xbone exclusive. Maybe they know the game is going to suck, so taking the sure cash from Microsoft is the better approach?

The original game was also an Xbox exclusive, and that didn't keep it from being good. I just hope they do a windows port. I mean, it's still a Microsoft OS after all, why not?

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 17, 2013, 01:14 entr0py

If you're communicating via Skype or any other sort of voip or video conference, it seems safe to assume that can be intercepted by intelligence agencies.

But here's what I don't get about the fears that the Kinect will spy on you all the time that the console is on. Don't we have the technology to tell if a videostream is being uploaded? Even if it was saved to the hard drive and uploaded along with other data, I would imagine researchers could detect that.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases "Grand Theft Auto Online"
110. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Trailer Teases Jul 11, 2013, 04:34 entr0py

InBlack wrote on Jul 10, 2013, 07:49:
Just noticed something, there is "five" embossed in front of the roman numeral "V". I guess thats for people who can't read roman numerals...

/facepalm

Ive heard that the U.S. education system has gone down the tubes in the last 20-30 years or so, but really? Is it really THAT bad???

They're trying to make the logo look like currency. Just changing the color and texture of the logo would be too subtle, but the FIVE banner in that font gives the instant impression of money.

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Female Marine Detailed
9. Re: Natural Selection 2 Female Marine Detailed Jul 6, 2013, 04:24 entr0py

It is ironic that in the press release they site an article about the impracticality of having decorative metal boobs built into breast plates, but all of their designs feature futuristic boobplate.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jun 28, 2013, 03:35 entr0py

Yeah that seems pretty messed up, and crazy that he wasn't at least released on bail if the charges weren't dropped entirely.

However the only human contacted for the story was the kid's dad. There might be more to it.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Announced
10. Re: Shadow Warrior Classic Redux Announced Jun 26, 2013, 17:31 entr0py

I just hope they don't remove the racism. Cringing at the game is really half of the nostalgia.  

15. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 21, 2013, 00:38 entr0py

I think the preorder numbers made it very clear, it wasn't just a minority "internet whining" as Blizinski put it, rather it was a huge number of customers actually willing to put their money where their convictions are. And a victory for consumer rights. Long live the first sale doctrine.  

News Comments > MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks
57. Re: MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks Jun 19, 2013, 19:08 entr0py

I was waiting for this news. The very day after the console was announced Microsoft started backtracking. Apparently no longer immune to universal disdain.

Microsoft dismisses Xbox One online requirements and used-game fees as 'potential scenarios'

Now all they have to do is offer a Kinect-free version for $100 less and it would be a decent option.

This comment was edited on Jun 19, 2013, 19:15.

News Comments > Humble Bundle with Android
4. Re: Humble Bundle with Android Jun 19, 2013, 01:32 entr0py

This make me think, can anyone recommend a site with useful android game reviews? Metacritic doesn't do android, and the play store directs you to truly awful stuff.  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Six
8. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Six Jun 16, 2013, 20:03 entr0py

I'm not bothered by sexy game characters; games are entertainment, and attractive women are certainly entertaining. But what seems embarrassing and unprofessional is hiring lots of models to bounce around your trade conferences. You're there to work, the only people allowed are industry and press. And while you're at work you need to work with women who you should do your best not to creep out or demean.

I guess it could be argued that the booth babes are a form of advertizement, and there for the customers, not the attendees. But that doesn't really seem to be the case.

News Comments > New Warhammer 40K MMORPG Announced
18. Re: New Warhammer 40K MMORPG Announced Jun 12, 2013, 20:09 entr0py

Before anyone starts getting excited I feel you should see this:

http://www.metacritic.com/company/behaviour-interactive

11. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 12, 2013, 01:12 entr0py

Sony deserves all the praise they're getting, but unfortunately they did copy Microsoft's policy in one area. On the PS4 you'll have to pay $50 a year to play any games online, even though most console games are peer-to-peer.

Sony to require playstation plus membership for online games

News Comments > Castlevania Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition for PC
14. Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition for PC Jun 7, 2013, 02:54 entr0py

I recall enjoying this as a rental, but I don't think it's worth much more than that. So. . . wait until it comes down to $10 on the PC?  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 31, 2013, 15:53 entr0py

Can we assume they access social networking pages that are meant to be private? Otherwise it's all just information published in the public domain.  

8. Re: Evening Consolidation May 31, 2013, 00:22 entr0py

I hope Microsoft is paying attention. EA must have had good reason to abandon their scheme to fine customers for reselling games. They didn't do it out of the goodness of their hearts, they did it because at some point screwing your customers becomes bad for business.  

898 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo