Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for entr0py

Real Name entr0py   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 23, 2009, 01:08
Total Comments 875 (Graduate)
User ID 55038

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > On PC Skyrim
21. Re: On PC Skyrim Jul 7, 2011, 01:28 entr0py

DangerDog wrote on Jul 7, 2011, 00:42:
I'll hold off till someone changes the way all the baddies level up along with you.

Yeah, I'm afraid that scaling difficulty is a staple of the series. Sort of kills it for me too. I see why they do it, but it makes leveling seem pointless when there's some invisible math canceling out any advantage you might ever gain over, say, giant rats.

If they could successfully hide the trick, it wouldn't be an issue. But it's very hard to ignore. Even when you're trying to.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Battlefield 3 Mod Tools Planned
16. Re: No Battlefield 3 Mod Tools Planned Jul 6, 2011, 01:32 entr0py

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 5, 2011, 22:43:
It's not like he said "screw you, we won't allow modding," they just won't be releasing tools for it. Since when have they released any official mod tools for Battlefield games anyway?

Since the first game and continuing with Battlefield 2. Since Battlefield 3 is the sequel to that series, it seems like it was pretty reasonable for people to hope for official mod tools.

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/View.php?view=1942Tools.Detail&id=52

http://www.fileplanet.com/155852/150000/fileinfo/Battlefield-2-MOD-Editor

News Comments > Insider: Rockstar/Team Bondi Split
47. Re: Insider: Rockstar/Team Bondi Split Jul 5, 2011, 22:48 entr0py

space captain wrote on Jul 5, 2011, 22:08:
entr0py wrote on Jul 5, 2011, 22:03:
Did you ever play adventure games back in their hayday? You couldn't lose those either.

wtf are you talking about kidd0? ever heard of sierra? how about zork?

Naw man that wasn't the heyday, them's the early days. The forgotten time.

This comment was edited on Jul 5, 2011, 22:54.

News Comments > Insider: Rockstar/Team Bondi Split
43. Re: Insider: Rockstar/Team Bondi Split Jul 5, 2011, 22:03 entr0py

CommunistHamster wrote on Jul 5, 2011, 20:28:
You aren't supposed to lose games today, though.
Clearly you should be able to, as you say.

Did you ever play adventure games back in their hayday? You couldn't lose those either.

But you could fail to progress. I think what what really felt off about L.A. Noire is that it spawned deus ex machinas to make up for your failures and ensure the case is completed at a steady pace. Miss a clue? No worries, someone else will figure it out and tell you where to go next.

Then again, if I did terribly on a case I just replayed it. If you have the willpower to be a perfectionist, the game doesn't need to impose it on you.

News Comments > Batman Arkham City Trailer
13. Re: Batman Arkham City Trailer Jul 2, 2011, 15:04 entr0py

Or if you perfer 720p over 360p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNeKlLF5G-4

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 2, 2011, 07:17 entr0py

That's such a lame excuse. If there is NO down side to unlocking things, than everything would be unlocked from the beginning. The fact that they've planned out this progression means that it's the intended experience, like any other game that has pacing.

And the worst part is that in their zeel to screw over the second hand market, they're also screwing over anyone who has family, a spouse or friends that game. Only ronry gamers need apply.

News Comments > Civilization World Open Beta Next Week
1. Re: Civilization World Open Beta Next Week Jul 2, 2011, 05:51 entr0py

You lost me at facebook, press release.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Bounty Hunter Trailer
2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Bounty Hunter Trailer Jul 2, 2011, 04:42 entr0py

I think the point of these videos is to quickly show off some of the armor, and attacks of the class. Not to give an accurate depiction of the gameplay or challenge involved.  

News Comments > DC Universe Online Adding Microtransactions
3. Re: DC Universe Online Adding Microtransactions Jul 1, 2011, 16:26 entr0py

Bill Borre wrote on Jul 1, 2011, 14:20:
Ok you're adding microtransactions. So where's the F2P option?

I think they're going with the "you pay us twice!" model. When asked for comment a SOE spokesperson clarified "no new content, you pay double!".

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2011, 17:18.

News Comments > On BF3 Multiplayer
15. Re: On BF3 Multiplayer Jun 30, 2011, 20:06 entr0py

trip1ex wrote on Jun 30, 2011, 18:45:
Half of the players won't even notice the difference between Conquest and Team Deathmatch.

On the bright side, those players will probably be attracted to the TDM servers. Leaving other servers with a higher ratio of players that care about objectives and teamwork.

News Comments > On BF3 Multiplayer
5. Re: On BF3 Multiplayer Jun 30, 2011, 17:34 entr0py

Techie714 wrote on Jun 30, 2011, 16:59:
My only request more REALISM I dont want to empty a full clip to kill a guy. 1-3 shots MAX should do the trick, depending on entry & exit locations of course as well caliber.....I'm starting to sound to "ARMA"..lol.

It's almost like DICE has gone overboard in that direction. At least in hardcore mode. Playing BFBC2:V the other night I was consistently getting 1 hit kills with an Uzi from 50 yards away. There's no reason to ever use any weapon that trades rate of fire for power, because they're all 1 hit kills already.

Actually, putting some extra work into hardcore mode would be my #1 request. Many of the vehicles and turrets are left with literally no way to aim, not even iron sights or looking down the barrel. I expected that to be fixed in the first month or two, but it seems like they don't care about hardcore mode despite the high number of servers running it.

This comment was edited on Jun 30, 2011, 17:48.

News Comments > Analyst: Blizzard's Titan to be a "Casual" MMOG
7. Re: Analyst: Blizzard's Titan to be a "Casual" MMOG Jun 30, 2011, 03:47 entr0py

Those game analysts have a sweet racket. Investors listen to them because they usually know nothing about games. And the gaming media gives them coverage because their crazy nonsense draws readers to the comments section.

I'm sure there are a few analysts that really know the industry well and are actually able to predict things. But they won't be the ones that get headlines.

News Comments > Free SHIFT 2 Unleashed DLC for PC This Week
8. Re: Free SHIFT 2 Unleashed DLC for PC This Week Jun 28, 2011, 06:15 entr0py

Seems like they learned the giving away free stuff trick from Valve. That's the sort of competition I can get behind.  

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization V Patched
3. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V Patched Jun 28, 2011, 03:28 entr0py

Kobalt wrote on Jun 28, 2011, 00:22:
Is the game fun yet?

I planned on giving it a second shot with the expansion, but it's becoming increasingly clear they only plan to nickle and dime with little civilization dlcs.

All of the patches have added up to some large changes in gameplay. You don't need to buy any DLC; if you try it again it will still feel like a different game from when it launched.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Resi Evil clear for pre-owned market. Jun 28, 2011, 03:25 entr0py

Fantaz wrote on Jun 28, 2011, 03:14:
So not being able to start a new game from the beginning? Isn't that supposed to be a bug, not a feature?

Apparently it's meant to be a kick in the dick to the second hand market. Or families that may have more that one gamer.

News Comments > Windows L.A. Noire This Fall
60. Re: Windows L.A. Noire This Fall Jun 24, 2011, 01:08 entr0py

Personally I don't mind the uncanny valley. I think you've got to trudge through it to get to something really believable. The facial capture technology was a huge improvement over what we're used to. If anything it looks out of place only because the bodies are still so manikin like. Like a human head stuck on a robot body.  

News Comments > PC Lead Platform on Tribes Ascend
18. Re: PC Lead Platform on Tribes Ascend Jun 21, 2011, 23:47 entr0py

LittleMe wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 23:19:
I didn't even know a Tribes sequel was in the works. Can we hold more than two weapons at once? lol

Not only that, they're also developing a Tribes MMO, called Tribes Universe. I have my doubts since they're an unproven developer, but at least someone is trying to revive the series.

Anyway, you can register for the beta below.

http://tribesuniverse.com/

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dungeon Siege III, PC Control Fixes Planned
38. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dungeon Siege III, PC Control Fixes Planned Jun 21, 2011, 19:40 entr0py

Also, the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance series, a console exclusive overhead hack and slash, was quite successful critically and commercially. If Interplay hadn't gone bankrupt I'm sure it would have continued. I think console gamers would warm to the genere, there just haven't been any decent entries these last few years.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
5. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jun 20, 2011, 02:21 entr0py

Remember the memory expansion for the N64, or the Sega 32x dingus? Those failed hard because they came late in the console's life, and because games made for them didn't work on 95% of the installed base.

But now that console cycles are doubled, maybe it would be smart for MS or Sony to build in easy expandability in their next generation of consoles. And if they required all games to be scalable, they wouldn't have to worry about developers not supporting a possible upgrade.

News Comments > SEGA Pass Hacked
5. Re: SEGA Pass Hacked Jun 17, 2011, 23:31 entr0py

Enahs wrote on Jun 17, 2011, 22:17:
Jesus fing christ. You would think all these hackers would be gamers too and would not want to interrupt gaming so much as is going on!

Or criminals that couldn't give a shit about gaming, but see an opportunity. The same types that run phishing schemes. It seems like the data they've stolen would be enough to break into a lot of e-mail accounts. From there they can get passwords reset from paypal, MMOs, what have you.

875 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo