Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for entr0py

Real Name entr0py   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 23, 2009, 01:08
Total Comments 903 (Graduate)
User ID 55038

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Alpha Trial FAQ
4. Re: Battlefield 3 Alpha Trial FAQ Jul 25, 2011, 18:07 entr0py

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 16:15:
What a horrible horrible site. And now they have that "Gun Club" site which is just as atrocious. What a mess they have been creating over there at EA....now Origin.

ugh. Quit letting the interns design your crap!!!!

You've actually tried Origin?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Vote on Female Shepard
18. Re: Vote on Female Shepard Jul 25, 2011, 15:24 entr0py

Frijoles wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 13:19:
Didn't they let us customize her in ME2? Are they not doing that anymore?

They are, and you can have your old fem shep carry over from the last game. It's just that, for the first time, a female Shepard will be featured on the cover of the collector's edition. So they finally have to nail down her official appearance.

News Comments > BF3 Preorders "Roughly Comparable" to Black Ops
34. Re: BF3 Preorders Jul 25, 2011, 04:08 entr0py

Arithon wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 03:37:
When the NDA on the Alpha is lifted, that number will rise. Trust me.

I'm afraid that implying that the alpha is good is a violation of the NDA. Please hand in your alpha key. To me. In an e-mail.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
6. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jul 24, 2011, 21:50 entr0py

Yeah, I don't see what's to complain about. It's not like anyone is forced to use that mode. Or like it splits the community so much you won't be able to find a game. Let noobs have fun with each other for a while.

I think I even get the auto-aim too. Finesse aiming with an analog stick is a difficult skill. And you want people to have fun from the beginning, even if they don't have months of experience playing console FPS games.

News Comments > BF3 Preorders "Roughly Comparable" to Black Ops
22. Re: BF3 Preorders Jul 24, 2011, 17:36 entr0py

Mcboinkens wrote on Jul 24, 2011, 17:20:
"Rougly Comparable"

9 million unit prediction difference.

I laughed.

Yeah. . . that discrepancy might begin to make sense if people were preordering Battlefield 3 to get into beta. But that's not the case.

News Comments > Epic on Bulletstorm Sales
55. Re: Epic on Bulletstorm Sales Jul 23, 2011, 23:21 entr0py

MrGrosser wrote on Jul 23, 2011, 22:50:
Gonna have to agree with Bats on this one. Bulletstorm was nothing more than GoW reskinned. It was a full conversion mod, nothing more. It was to Gears of War what Desert Combat was to Battlefield 1942. Pretty sure it even had the same voice actors.

Anyone willing to argue probably has bite marks on their shoulder. DERP

Yeah, I guess someone would have to be retarded to want to argue about video games with you. True enough.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 23, 2011, 16:46 entr0py

Just tried that new 3D video service on the 3DS. I don't know what they were thinking. The way it works is, you can't choose which videos to download, you must allow the software to download all featured videos in the background automatically. And since only a few videos are featured at any given time, when an older video is removed from the service it's automatically deleted from your 3DS.

This is definitely not a competitor to Netflix's 3D video plans. It won't even be a useful way to download 3D game trailers. The College Humor claymation short wasn't bad though.

This comment was edited on Jul 23, 2011, 17:32.

News Comments > RAGE Wasteland Trailer
6. Re: RAGE Wasteland Trailer Jul 21, 2011, 22:48 entr0py

DangerDog wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 22:13:
intense six person multiplayer.

For the driving mini-game. The FPS bit will be 2 player.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Preorders
38. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Preorders Jul 21, 2011, 18:37 entr0py

Cutter wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 17:11:
nin wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 14:27:
"The company is also opening up "beta test weekends" starting in September, offering limited time, closed beta access."

Ahh, just like RIFT. They don't want people to know it's lacking so they give them a tease of a few areas. Wow, they may as well just kiss that $500 million away. And when GW2 launches? Game over, man. Game over.

The original Guild Wars was the first game I can remember that had beta weekend events. As far as I know they pioneered the practice. Makes sense if the point of the large events is stress testing and preview. They have the smaller closed beta for gameplay feedback and bug hunting.

It does suck if you have fond memories of older MMOs that had huge open betas for months. Then again, I have to admit I only stay interested in any MMO for maybe 3 months at the most. If I'm in beta all that time, I end up not buying it because I'm sick of it by the time it's released.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Beta_Weekend_Event

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Preorders
36. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Preorders Jul 21, 2011, 16:19 entr0py

Pigeon wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 14:43:
though it looks like the $150.00 USD Collector's Edition is already sold out.

I'm not sure if I'm upset people are dumb enough to blow $150 on a video game, or jealous cause I don't have the disposable income to even consider it. Seriously though at $150 it better come with a fully functional light saber :/

They're blowing most of that money on the figure that it comes with the collectors edition. I don't know how little statues are worth that much to so many geeks, but apparently they are.

That particular statue isn't on their website, but they'll sell you a Greedo for only $160. No vidyagame included.

http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/product_p/pgm80062.htm

News Comments > Homefront "The Rock" DLC Plans
3. Re: Homefront Jul 19, 2011, 22:58 entr0py

Tumbler wrote on Jul 19, 2011, 21:39:
Is there another studio making content for this game or is this just stuff they finished during normal development that was held back to nickle and dime buyers?

Why does it have to be one or the other? Couldn't the same studio make content after release?

Edit: Ah nevermind, just read that they closed.

This comment was edited on Jul 19, 2011, 23:10.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Ubisoft on PC Ghost Recon
25. Re: Quoteworthy - Ubisoft on PC Ghost Recon Jul 18, 2011, 23:54 entr0py

Jerykk wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 23:34:
I know, that's Ghost Recon Online. The Wii U version was announced less than a month after the announcement of the PC version. And since they couldn't very well mention it before the Wii U reveal, it's safe to guess it was planned this way from early in development.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Recon_Online

I'd take the Wii U "announcements" with a grain of salt. Nintendo showed a bunch of multiplatform games during their press conference video reel. I think they actually meant to show Ghost Recon: Future Soldier footage instead of Ghost Recon Online footage. Until Ubisoft officially announces that GRO is coming out on Wii U, I consider it a PC-exclusive.

Edit: Whoops, nevermind. For some reason, I didn't remember the Wii U video reel specifying "Ghost Recon Online." I thought it just said "Ghost Recon." In that case, I guess Ubisoft is full of crap.

Yep, they're full of crap. Here's their press release

23. Re: Quoteworthy - Ubisoft on PC Ghost Recon Jul 18, 2011, 22:14 entr0py

Doublepost, sorry.  

22. Re: Quoteworthy - Ubisoft on PC Ghost Recon Jul 18, 2011, 21:47 entr0py

Jerykk wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 21:21:
entr0py wrote on Jul 18, 2011, 20:20:
"The emergence of online business models has brought back the opportunity to produce something dedicated to PC fans, rather than just ported multiplatform content."

But, Ghost Recon Online IS a multiplatform game. It may come out on the PC first, but it seems likely they'll make console friendly design decisions, since they're also working on a Wii U version.

I'm not saying that all multiplatform games are necessarily shit. But just that he shouldn't be implying it isn't a multiplatform game.

He's talking about the F2P Ghost Recon multiplayer game for PC, not Ghost Recon: Future Soldier.

I know, that's Ghost Recon Online. The Wii U version was announced less than a month after the announcement of the PC version. And since they couldn't very well mention it before the Wii U reveal, it's safe to guess it was planned this way from early in development.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Recon_Online

This comment was edited on Jul 18, 2011, 22:17.

18. Re: Quoteworthy - Ubisoft on PC Ghost Recon Jul 18, 2011, 20:20 entr0py

"The emergence of online business models has brought back the opportunity to produce something dedicated to PC fans, rather than just ported multiplatform content."

But, Ghost Recon Online IS a multiplatform game. It may come out on the PC first, but it seems likely they'll make console friendly design decisions, since they're also working on a Wii U version.

I'm not saying that all multiplatform games are necessarily shit. But just that he shouldn't be implying it isn't a multiplatform game.

News Comments > Metacritic Dropped "Corrupt" Site
3. Re: Metacritic Dropped "Corrupt" Site Jul 16, 2011, 04:33 entr0py

When game advertizing is your only source of revenue, that does create a pretty huge conflict of interest. Still, I think they've got a small measure of freedom within the 75% to 95% range. And that still makes them more useful than user reviews as a whole. So, professional game reviews are truly awful, but still better than the alternative.  

News Comments > No Skyrim Demo Planned
48. Re: No Skyrim Demo Planned Jul 15, 2011, 06:52 entr0py

D4rkKnight wrote on Jul 14, 2011, 20:33:
mag wrote on Jul 14, 2011, 10:30:
Elder Scrolls games never get a demo.

Daggerfall had a demo. You got to play on one tiny island separated from the mainland.

Yes, that couldn't be more wrong. A quick google search shows that EVERY previous Elder Scrolls game has had a demo.

I would bet that the Oblivion demo did a lot to bolster sales, especially among console gamers. Even though it was just the first tutorial dungeon, the visuals, story telling and gameplay were all impressive. They would only need to duplicate that success with a Skyrim demo.

News Comments > No Skyrim Demo Planned
33. Re: No Skyrim Demo Planned Jul 14, 2011, 17:15 entr0py

"With a game of this size and complexity, it's really hard to do a demo that represents the game"

Dude, customers know that. If your demo accurately conveys a sense of what the entire game will be like, than you've made a very simple and repetitive game.

That's not the point of a demo. First, we want to know that the game will perform adequately on our particular system; configuration specific performance bugs and crashes are still a huge concern. And second, it gives at least a sense of the quality of one small section of the game. We also want to see how the game controls, which is absolutely critical with any game where the developer admits that consoles are the lead platform.

Ultimately, if you have an impressive game, it can only be helped by a demo. Avoiding that is always suspicious, and a good reason to hold back on preordering and just wait for reviews.

This comment was edited on Jul 14, 2011, 17:26.

News Comments > On PlanetSide 2 Microtransactions
17. Re: On PlanetSide 2 Microtransactions Jul 13, 2011, 20:00 entr0py

"We will not sell a more powerful gun or vehicle"

Unfortunately that doesn't rule out some many of the other items that have a critical impact on gameplay. Like items that revive or heal, increase earned xp, or expand your inventory. If Mr. Smedley can say categorically that microtransaction items will ONLY have a visual effect, then I won't feel like they're double dipping with an already full price MMO.

News Comments > EA Ending Online Support for "Older" Games
10. Re: EA Ending Online Support for "Older" Games Jul 13, 2011, 04:57 entr0py

I know everyone hates EA, but in this area would you expect any other company to act differently? If the game is still selling, there's obviously an incentive to keep the servers running. But would a different publisher keep running servers for a 6 year old racing game that's mostly played offline?  

903 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo