Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for entr0py

Real Name entr0py   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 23, 2009, 01:08
Total Comments 893 (Graduate)
User ID 55038

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses
23. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 2, 2011, 05:10 entr0py

Teddy wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 04:15:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 03:47:
InBlack wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 03:43:
So....this game sounds more and more like an MMO....Will we have to grind to unlock the AK-47?

Probably not the AK, but yes I'm sure there will be lots of grinding to be had to unlock weapons.

I suppose if you define playing the game normally as "grinding" then yes, there will be plenty of it. It's far from an MMO's sitting in the same spot killing the same mobs a thousand times over. Just play the game in whatever manner you enjoy most and things useful to you will unlock.

Yeah, if you go back to battlefield 2, you had your standard loadout which changed by faction and class, plus exactly 2 unlocks per class.
http://wiki.bf2s.com/classes/battlefield-2/assault

Now you have a standard loadout that changes by faction and class, plus a dozen unlocks per class, and a handful of vehicle and general purpose unlocks. So there's tons of stuff to experiment with, and countless possible builds. And unlike an MMO that has diminishing returns, you're always unlocking new stuff at a steady clip until you have everything.

Basically, the unlocking process guides you through trying out every weapon and gadget in the game. I've really enjoyed it both in the recent Battlefield games and in the last CoD game. Because I never felt like there was any shortage of new things to try.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses
8. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 1, 2011, 22:17 entr0py

Wow, who thought that dog tags would be as tempting as weapons and ammo? It's really more of a way to reward other players for stabbing you in the throat. You never see your own dog tag.

Oh well, since they've announced that everything in the Physical Warfare pack will be unlocked by the end of this year, I'm placated. And I think all but one of the items are just early unlocks and not exclusive for any period of time.

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
129. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 15:32 entr0py

Krovven wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 15:14:
heroin wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 15:07:
You know D3 and GW2 are not similar game experiences.

Nobody has compared it to GW2, because its not out yet and we dont know the format of the game.

Guild Wars however can be played both single-player or multiplayer co-op. Which is EXACTLY the same as the Diablo games. Guild Wars requires an internet connection, even if you are playing solo with bots. This is no different than what is being bitched about here for D3.

No, Guild Wars was never truly single player. There were no single player hub areas or cities. You could do the instanced missions with bots if you wanted to. But there are plenty of MMOs where you can start an instance solo if you choose to. The bot teammates were a unique feature, but that doesn't transform it into a single player game.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - John Carmack on Game Violence
10. Re: Quoteworthy - John Carmack on Game Violence Jul 31, 2011, 01:56 entr0py

I don't know, I think Freud's theory that cathartic rage is a good thing has been long since disproved. It turns out that screaming obscenities only makes you a more angry person over time; you're making rage a habit.

I think the best thing to be said about violent games is that they are not actually vindictive or cruel. Desensitization to FICTIONAL violence is really a good thing. I don't feel any glee in performing fatalities, but I also don't feel any anguish. It's all very disconnected from human suffering.

This comment was edited on Jul 31, 2011, 02:08.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 30, 2011, 20:00 entr0py

Why not ban his favorite foods and music as well? It has about as much to do with the shooting as World of Warcraft.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
10. Re: Morning Mobilization Jul 28, 2011, 13:42 entr0py

Well, if they wanted to repeat the success of the DS they certainly needed a price drop. Now they just need more quality games from all sources.

And 20 free classic Nintendo games is much better than I expected from reading the headline. That would add up to about $80 given how much Nintendo charges for their virtual console games.

News Comments > THQ Blames Red Faction: Armageddon for Losses
2. Re: THQ Blames Red Faction: Armageddon for Losses Jul 27, 2011, 21:57 entr0py

The problem with Armegeddon wasn't that it was a Red Faction game, it was that it was a huge step down from the previous one. Imagine if the next GTA game were a completely linear 3rd person shooter. Would that go over well? I suspect it was THQ's attempt to save money that sabotaged the project in the first place.  

News Comments > Always on DRM in Driver: San Francisco
33. Re: Always on DRM in Driver: San Francisco Jul 27, 2011, 16:26 entr0py

Why not require a constant internet connection for the xbox 360 version as well? After all, there is piracy on the platform. And such a measure would actually be more effective since most pirates either don't have a mod that would allow cracks, or have a banned console.

Sure they'd lose a paying customer for every no-account pirate they screw, but isn't that worth it?

News Comments > EA Financials
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 26, 2011, 22:13 entr0py

slaka wrote on Jul 26, 2011, 22:07:
How does Portal 2 sales help EA?

They published the boxed edition.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Alpha Trial FAQ
9. Re: Battlefield 3 Alpha Trial FAQ Jul 25, 2011, 20:38 entr0py

eunichron wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 19:13:
born2expire wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 18:46:
I'll wait for the beta thanks, from what i've heard/seen of the alpha is not great. Locked config files (that means uneditable keys!!!) and looks like MOH 2.0 just on a larger scale.

Of course in the entire history of gaming alphas and betas have always been indicative of the final versions of games.

If you didn't catch it, that was extreme sarcasm.

Um, I think born2expire is just saying that he doesn't think the Alpha will be very enjoyable, given the limitations. If he thought that would never get better, he wouldn't say that he wants to play the beta.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Alpha Trial FAQ
4. Re: Battlefield 3 Alpha Trial FAQ Jul 25, 2011, 18:07 entr0py

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 16:15:
What a horrible horrible site. And now they have that "Gun Club" site which is just as atrocious. What a mess they have been creating over there at EA....now Origin.

ugh. Quit letting the interns design your crap!!!!

You've actually tried Origin?

News Comments > Vote on Female Shepard
18. Re: Vote on Female Shepard Jul 25, 2011, 15:24 entr0py

Frijoles wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 13:19:
Didn't they let us customize her in ME2? Are they not doing that anymore?

They are, and you can have your old fem shep carry over from the last game. It's just that, for the first time, a female Shepard will be featured on the cover of the collector's edition. So they finally have to nail down her official appearance.

News Comments > BF3 Preorders "Roughly Comparable" to Black Ops
34. Re: BF3 Preorders Jul 25, 2011, 04:08 entr0py

Arithon wrote on Jul 25, 2011, 03:37:
When the NDA on the Alpha is lifted, that number will rise. Trust me.

I'm afraid that implying that the alpha is good is a violation of the NDA. Please hand in your alpha key. To me. In an e-mail.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
6. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jul 24, 2011, 21:50 entr0py

Yeah, I don't see what's to complain about. It's not like anyone is forced to use that mode. Or like it splits the community so much you won't be able to find a game. Let noobs have fun with each other for a while.

I think I even get the auto-aim too. Finesse aiming with an analog stick is a difficult skill. And you want people to have fun from the beginning, even if they don't have months of experience playing console FPS games.

News Comments > BF3 Preorders "Roughly Comparable" to Black Ops
22. Re: BF3 Preorders Jul 24, 2011, 17:36 entr0py

Mcboinkens wrote on Jul 24, 2011, 17:20:
"Rougly Comparable"

9 million unit prediction difference.

I laughed.

Yeah. . . that discrepancy might begin to make sense if people were preordering Battlefield 3 to get into beta. But that's not the case.

News Comments > Epic on Bulletstorm Sales
55. Re: Epic on Bulletstorm Sales Jul 23, 2011, 23:21 entr0py

MrGrosser wrote on Jul 23, 2011, 22:50:
Gonna have to agree with Bats on this one. Bulletstorm was nothing more than GoW reskinned. It was a full conversion mod, nothing more. It was to Gears of War what Desert Combat was to Battlefield 1942. Pretty sure it even had the same voice actors.

Anyone willing to argue probably has bite marks on their shoulder. DERP

Yeah, I guess someone would have to be retarded to want to argue about video games with you. True enough.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 23, 2011, 16:46 entr0py

Just tried that new 3D video service on the 3DS. I don't know what they were thinking. The way it works is, you can't choose which videos to download, you must allow the software to download all featured videos in the background automatically. And since only a few videos are featured at any given time, when an older video is removed from the service it's automatically deleted from your 3DS.

This is definitely not a competitor to Netflix's 3D video plans. It won't even be a useful way to download 3D game trailers. The College Humor claymation short wasn't bad though.

This comment was edited on Jul 23, 2011, 17:32.

News Comments > RAGE Wasteland Trailer
6. Re: RAGE Wasteland Trailer Jul 21, 2011, 22:48 entr0py

DangerDog wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 22:13:
intense six person multiplayer.

For the driving mini-game. The FPS bit will be 2 player.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Preorders
38. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Preorders Jul 21, 2011, 18:37 entr0py

Cutter wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 17:11:
nin wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 14:27:
"The company is also opening up "beta test weekends" starting in September, offering limited time, closed beta access."

Ahh, just like RIFT. They don't want people to know it's lacking so they give them a tease of a few areas. Wow, they may as well just kiss that $500 million away. And when GW2 launches? Game over, man. Game over.

The original Guild Wars was the first game I can remember that had beta weekend events. As far as I know they pioneered the practice. Makes sense if the point of the large events is stress testing and preview. They have the smaller closed beta for gameplay feedback and bug hunting.

It does suck if you have fond memories of older MMOs that had huge open betas for months. Then again, I have to admit I only stay interested in any MMO for maybe 3 months at the most. If I'm in beta all that time, I end up not buying it because I'm sick of it by the time it's released.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Beta_Weekend_Event

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Preorders
36. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Preorders Jul 21, 2011, 16:19 entr0py

Pigeon wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 14:43:
though it looks like the $150.00 USD Collector's Edition is already sold out.

I'm not sure if I'm upset people are dumb enough to blow $150 on a video game, or jealous cause I don't have the disposable income to even consider it. Seriously though at $150 it better come with a fully functional light saber :/

They're blowing most of that money on the figure that it comes with the collectors edition. I don't know how little statues are worth that much to so many geeks, but apparently they are.

That particular statue isn't on their website, but they'll sell you a Greedo for only $160. No vidyagame included.

http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/product_p/pgm80062.htm

893 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo