Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for entr0py

Real Name entr0py   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 23, 2009, 01:08
Total Comments 893 (Graduate)
User ID 55038

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Space Marine Postmortem
7. Re: Space Marine Postmortem Oct 13, 2011, 00:14 entr0py

. . . which he does not say was their best work, but he does call their "best console work," though we can't tell if there was any irony intended with that, as Space Marine is the first Relic game to appear on consoles.

Naw he knows what they've made. He's referring to "The Outfit", an Xbox 360 exclusive game developed by Relic and released in 2006. It actually had some pretty inventive multiplayer, making for a much better stab at a 3rd person action RTS hybrid than Brütal Legend. Unfortunately the overall quality just wasn't high enough, it felt like the rushed 1st gen title it was.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Co-op Trailer
2. Re: Mass Effect 3 Co-op Trailer Oct 12, 2011, 23:25 entr0py

Yeah it seems obvious that the decision to include a multiplayer component was made primarily to ensure second hand console buyers and PC pirates don't get the entire game. They sort of did that with the online pass last game, but it was easily circumvented by PC pirates, and console gamers were unlikely to give a damn about Zeed.

News Comments > Dragon Age II Web Series Begins
9. Re: Dragon Age II Web Series Begins Oct 11, 2011, 22:57 entr0py

Doombringer wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 21:05:
Less Felicia Day, please. I'm sorry, but it's getting to be too much. When I see her in something, I do not go "hey, wow, that's Felicia Day! This bit of entertainment has been immediately elevated!" I instead say "ugh, she's involved in *this* too?"

We get it, Felicia. You're pretty, and a little geeky, and you have a rabid fan base. That doesn't make you a stupendous actress who has to start "diversifying."

Yeah, I think this is aimed at Felicia Day cosplay fans more than at Dragon Age fans. It's also written by her and made by her production company.

News Comments > Leisure Suit Larry Revival
29. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Revival Oct 11, 2011, 10:12 entr0py

OldTimber wrote on Oct 11, 2011, 04:00:
Okay now I'm actually feeling old if this is being remade. What's next Battle Chess with the queen in full 3d wiggling her ass as she moves instead of just a sprite based wiggling ass?

Both Leisure Suit Larry and Battle Chess got their first remakes 20 years ago. We are indeed very old.

News Comments > Leisure Suit Larry Revival
12. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Revival Oct 11, 2011, 01:16 entr0py

It seems like it's just a remake. I'm not sure what Al Lowe can do, maybe tell them how to draw the characters. Well, I hope somehow it leads to a new game that doesn't suck.  

News Comments > More on Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer
3. Re: More on Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Oct 10, 2011, 21:38 entr0py

That's good, it sounds like they won't be devoting too much of their time to the multiplayer. I don't mind there being some multiplayer component as long as 90% of their effort goes into the single player game. That is why people are going to buy it after all. Making multiplayer half the game would have been a terrible mistake.  

News Comments > BF3 Caspian Border Testing; Open Beta Issues
18. Re: BF3 Caspian Border Testing; Open Beta Issues Oct 7, 2011, 12:36 entr0py

I can't believe they finally listened to players and opened up some Caspian Border servers. I really thought they were just avoiding that out of spite. "None of you like operation metro? Well too bad that's what's for beta. You should be greatful, there are kids in china who don't even have beta. Now eat your metro." Angry  

News Comments > More on RAGE Tweaking
10. Re: More on RAGE Tweaking Oct 6, 2011, 02:40 entr0py

+vt_pageImageSizeUnique 8192
+vt_pageImageSizeUniqueDiffuseOnly 8192
+vt_pageImageSizeUniqueDiffuseOnly2 8192

Those are working quite well on my 1 gig AMD card. It's still a pain in the ass that they didn't include proper menu options, and the automatic options make some bad choices. But the game makes up for it once you've gone to the work of optimizing it.

News Comments > Rockstar on (Lack of) PC Red Dead Redemption
27. Re: Rockstar on (Lack of) PC Dead Red Redemption Oct 6, 2011, 02:32 entr0py

Part of the trouble is they missed their window, probably due to other projects tying up their developers. Had they been ready to release it six months after the console release it would have done well.

But now that it's 17 months out I doubt it's worth pouring money into. Excitement for console ports only lasts so long, look at the Halo and Gears of War.

News Comments > More id RAGE Midnight Madness
10. Re: More id RAGE Midnight Madness Oct 3, 2011, 21:34 entr0py

So I guess that means they didn't provide review copies ahead of time, or they did on the condition that reviews not be published before launch.

I know that's a terrible sign when it comes to movies, I wonder if the same is true of games.

News Comments > BioWare on Autonomy
2. Re: BioWare on Autonomy Oct 3, 2011, 21:12 entr0py

It's good if they have creative control. But it's hard to imagine that EA isn't in charge of the funding and development window for each game. That was the main problem with DA2, it was rushed.  

News Comments > Multiplayer Mass Effect 3?
16. Re: Multiplayer Mass Effect 3? Oct 3, 2011, 14:27 entr0py

Tumbler wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 14:13:
The entire game is an online pass for the pc so congrats, you're stuck with it. I traded my 360 copy to some other lucky fellow and I'll be getting a copy of MW3 or BF3 in return at some point.

Of course, that's true of all PC multi-player games and has been for many years now. We often forget what a shit deal we're getting compared to consoles in terms of resellability.

Anyway, I think an online mode for ME3 could be welcome if it's just a distraction and accompanies a very full single-player game. GTA 4 did this quite well. The single player game wasn't lacking in any way, so multiplayer felt like just a bonus that proved fun for a few nights.

News Comments > Hacked 128-Player Battlefield 3 Beta Servers
56. Re: Hacked 128-Player Battlefield 3 Beta Servers Oct 2, 2011, 22:23 entr0py

Jerykk wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 21:22:
When you have to pre-order a game or buy a completely different game in order to gain access to a beta, the beta is obviously being used for marketing purposes. That's exactly what happened here. People who bought the Medal of Honor LE were guaranteed access to the BF3 beta.

Anywho, based on what I've seen of the "beta," BF3 will very likely be a buggy mess upon release. The game comes out in less than a month and we're still seeing major, obvious bugs. At this stage of development, the only bugs remaining should be obscure and hard to reproduce ones. It seems that EA really wants the game to come out before MW3, even if it isn't ready to.

Yeah, I've got to agree there with both points. EA gave up saying that the beta is a "privilege and not an entitlement" when they started selling access a year ago.

And I'm sure it will be buggy at release. But the bugs I've had weren't game-breaking, just annoying and plentiful. Judging from my experience on some of the Caspian Border servers, I'll enjoy it at release in spite of the bugs. And if they fix them at a steady clip, all is forgiven. On the other hand, if they only have a skeleton crew working on patches, I'll really have to stop buying Battlefield games day one.

News Comments > Hacked 128-Player Battlefield 3 Beta Servers
27. Re: Hacked 128-Player Battlefield 3 Beta Servers Oct 2, 2011, 17:22 entr0py

Anyone know how to find said hacked servers? I tried sorting by player count, but that alone doesn't work well because the maximum number of servers any search returns is 100. I've tried a few filters but nothing has worked so far.

Sorting by game type did reveal a 32 player team deathmatch server that seemed suspect. But what I really want is a to try a 64 player conquest server.

News Comments > PC Saints Row: The Third *Not* Delayed
4. Re: PC Saints Row: The Third *Not* Delayed Oct 1, 2011, 17:37 entr0py

Developed in-house at Volition in Champaign, IL

Were they the ones responsible for the disastrously buggy and quickly abandoned PC version? Or did they outsource the PC port?

News Comments > Planned Battlefield 3 Changes
10. Re: Planned Battlefield 3 Changes Sep 30, 2011, 21:23 entr0py

A full list is outlined on the Battlelog forums, and here's the condensed list:

Anyone know what the URL for that would be? From the goggling I've done, I'm sort of doubtful there is any more extensive list than this one. The battlefield blog entry (first link in this story) doesn't mention anything about a full list. And all of the websites I've seen so far only have this incomplete list.

News Comments > BF3 Open Beta Begins
105. Re: BF3 Open Beta Begins Sep 30, 2011, 01:58 entr0py

Teddy wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 00:51:
Linksil wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 00:09:
Knifing is horrible in the game. Also no way to see in game ping really messes with betas, as you can't tell if it's the server, client, or both lagging.

I disagree on the knifing. I've always hated the way it was handled in other games with a random slash resulting in an instant kill. Using a knife in a combat situation is supposed to be a last resort, not a common thing. It's also not instant-fast. You have to lower your weapon, draw a knife and slash, and god help you if an opponent sees what you're trying to do.

It SHOULD be used only for humiliation kills and last resort situations. It SHOULD NOT be CoD style insta-kill as soon as you press the button with someone in melee range.

Vast VAST improvement over knifing from other games.

Couldn't agree more. And I love how a teammate can even save you from a knife kill if they shoot fast enough in the animation. CoD Black Ops was simply goofy with the dual-wielding ballistic knives. However, it's still very satisfying in BF3 to knife someone, maybe more so since it's a challenge.

80. Re: BF3 Open Beta Begins Sep 29, 2011, 18:45 entr0py

<Electric-Spock> wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 18:09:
no ability to remap keys?!?!?

It's just a bug that effects most mice, it's not like it was a design decision. You can still remap any of the keyboard keys, and certain brands of mice can be remapped.

64. Re: BF3 Open Beta Begins Sep 29, 2011, 16:04 entr0py

Verno wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 15:33:
Caspian has some serious bugs and was supposed to be for internal testing only which begs the question why they are publicly posting the PWs on the forums/twitter. Hell, Metro has serious issues and glitches so they should just open it up already. The current password is the shoppingcart one but it only works on the official servers from EA that are running Caspian I think.

Caspian is way more fun and indicative of a true BF experience, no clue why they pushed Metro on us again after the alpha.

If this game succeeds it's going to be in spite of EA/Dices best efforts, they keep shooting themselves in the foot.

They weren't trying to do internal testing on Caspain, more like a moderate size closed beta. That's why they are running enough servers to accommodate a couple thousand players. The passwords were just supposed to be for the members of certain forums or clans.

But whoever came up with the system is not very familiar with the Internets. Of course the password would leak if there's a single one given to a few thousand people who just happen to be members of the right forums.

Anyway, I totally agree that it's senseless and irritating that they didn't choose to have at least half the servers playing Caspian from the start.

News Comments > AMD Battlefield 3 Preview Driver
4. Re: AMD Battlefield 3 Preview Driver Sep 28, 2011, 03:15 entr0py

For me there seems to be a very slight, or possibly psychosomatic, difference in frame rate. That's about it.  

893 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo