Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for entr0py

Real Name entr0py   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 23, 2009, 01:08
Total Comments 875 (Graduate)
User ID 55038

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 = 40 Hours
46. Re: Mass Effect 3 = 40 Hours Feb 28, 2012, 03:06 entr0py

Jerykk wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 01:53:
It's not like Team Fortress 2 where you have to do an insane amount of grinding to get good items without paying.

I didn't really have trouble unlocking stuff in TF2 at all. It seemed like I unlocked at least one item in every session. And if I already had that item, I could just disassemble it for parts and craft the items I wanted or just trade for them. I'll take TF2's unlockable system over BF3 or CoD's unlockable systems any day.

Well, mostly I meant the pace of unlocks is much quicker than TF2, which I found very slow.

But the mechanics aren't quite like any of those game. You don't have a set track like BF3 or CoD. But you also don't get the same item over and over again as you would in TF2. Aside from consumables, I don't think I've gotten the same item twice.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 = 40 Hours
44. Re: Mass Effect 3 = 40 Hours Feb 28, 2012, 01:46 entr0py

Jerykk wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 01:22:
Not quite correct. Did you notice my reply about powering up the DLC assault rifle in their pay 2 win scheme (#1 in this thread)? Every extra code makes that weapon stronger in multiplayer. So to get maximum play 2 win powered up assault rifle, one would need to purchase multiple hardware items.

That's pretty retarded. The game doesn't have PvP but that still doesn't really excuse EA for letting players pay to win. Is there any way to upgrade the weapon without buying that stuff?

Having played the demo, you get +1 weapon powerups very frequently. After most matches you can afford a goodie box that most likely a random weapon upgrade. After 3 nights of play, I've unlocked maybe 7 new weapons, and the original ones are up to level 4 or 5.

It's not like Team Fortress 2 where you have to do an insane amount of grinding to get good items without paying. It's more like BF3 where doing the work yourself provides a constant stream of varied unlocks, a few of which could be unlocked early through promotional offers.

News Comments > BioWare on MMO Mass Effect Possibilities
21. Re: BioWare on MMO Mass Effect Possibilities Feb 28, 2012, 01:21 entr0py

I did think that Planetside was a great idea, even if the end result wasn't up to par. I still miss the promise of a big budget Sci-fi MMOFPS or even MMO third person shooter.

If they delivered what I wanted Planetside to be, plus the cinematic quality and storytelling that Bioware is known for, they'd have my money.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Crafting Preview
4. Re: Guild Wars 2 Crafting Preview Feb 26, 2012, 20:24 entr0py

So they've added some sort of watching meters fill minigame?  

News Comments > BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC
73. Re: BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC Feb 24, 2012, 18:04 entr0py

- The content in “From Ashes” was developed by a separate team (after the core game was finished) and not completed until well after the main game went into certification.

This sort of weasel talk doesn't really help their case. If whatever part they designate as the "core game" was finished months before the release version was finished, that only really tells us that the DLC was developed concurrently with the game. Which we already knew on account of the timing.

They'd be better served by simply making an argument that DLC can be legitimately developed simultaneously with a game. That a large company like themselves can produce a very full and fleshed out game and still have DLC ready day 1. You just need enough resources and time to crank out 115% of a game, and there's no reason that isn't doable.

News Comments > PC Alan Wake Breaks Even
38. Re: PC Alan Wake Breaks Even Feb 20, 2012, 20:53 entr0py

Alan Wake was an unproven franchise, it's not surprising that the people funding it wanted to wait to see if the console release was a success before investing even more on a PC port.

A massive same-day multi-platform release is a good idea when you've got a sure thing. This was anything but.

And honestly, I'm surprised the game did as well as it has. It's a sort of teen-rated mildly interactive horror movie written by somehow who really likes Stephen King.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED on Their New Engine
2. Re: CD Projekt RED on Their New Engine Feb 18, 2012, 03:15 entr0py

KilrathiAce wrote on Feb 18, 2012, 02:06:
"capable of taking advantage of PC advances as well as the next generation of consoles"

lol, love those kind of statements.

I think by next generation consoles, they mean actual next generation ones, not current generation ones.

News Comments > Free BF3 With Origin ME3 Preorders
7. Re: Free BF3 With Origin ME3 Preorders Feb 16, 2012, 01:31 entr0py

DangerDog wrote on Feb 15, 2012, 21:13:
should be the other way around.

Well, at the moment BF3 is still $60 on Origin. So you can think of ME3 as the free one if you prefer; it would be the same deal either way.

News Comments > Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities
11. Re: Rockstar on L.A. Noire Sequel Possibilities Feb 13, 2012, 23:42 entr0py

If they just fix the problem of the gameplay not being enjoyable, the series could be worthwhile. Even the pixel hunting, OCD item collecting, and shoddy logic puzzles of old school adventure games were more fun.  

News Comments > Blizzard Sues Over DOTA TM
41. Re: Blizzard Sues Over DOTA TM Feb 11, 2012, 02:11 entr0py

I guess both games will come out and one of them will have a different name. Who cares in the end?  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 FemShep Trailer
7. Re: Mass Effect 3 FemShep Trailer Feb 11, 2012, 01:55 entr0py

Creston wrote on Feb 10, 2012, 23:34:
shihonage wrote on Feb 10, 2012, 23:02:
To me, she sounds worse than the old one, despite being... the same... voice actress?

There seem to be some sound effects overlaying her voice here and there, which does make her sound odd.

Can't say I really like the model. Like a commenter before, several of my femsheps are quite a bit cuter than this one.

Creston

She's arguably an improvement over the previous default fem shep. Who wasn't terrible, but was something like an irish tomboy. I hope they've expanded the character creation options enough that you can finally create attractive looking ladies. The best I could do last game is a sort of Lucille Ball lookalike.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront III Outed?
10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront III Outed? Feb 8, 2012, 01:33 entr0py

Creston wrote on Feb 8, 2012, 01:13:
necrosis wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 22:38:
Star Wars Battlefield it is not and doubt it ever will be.

Probably not. But how fucking AWESOME would it be if they literally made a Star Wars Battlefield?

Creston

Exactly, it's always been a great idea, if only they could get a developer as good as DICE to work on it. Unfortunately they're headed in the opposite direction; Spark Unlimited is a big step down from Pandemic Studios.

News Comments > Notch Offers to Fund Psychonauts 2
20. Re: Notch Offers to Fund Psychonauts 2 Feb 7, 2012, 16:05 entr0py

So, no one really liked the game-play of Psychonauts or Brutal Legend. But those of us who played them anyway have fond memories of the art direction and storyline. Maybe Tim Schafer should just become a film director.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 6, 2012, 21:58 entr0py

If they're going to turn all games into rentals, I expect rental prices.  

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Feb 6, 2012, 03:02 entr0py

nin wrote on Feb 5, 2012, 18:48:
Mr. Tact wrote on Feb 5, 2012, 17:58:
You have to admire his dedication, "playing to the death." Or something.

These seem to happen, about once a year or so. Crazy. And almost always that part of the world.

That or there are so many millions of hours spent in internet cafe's in asia every year that someone is bound to die in that time.

News Comments > Hold Your ME3 Save Games
17. Re: Hold Your ME3 Save Games Feb 5, 2012, 06:06 entr0py

I would bet they're considering another single player Mass Effect game with a different protagonist. It's way too soon for them to do another sci-fi MMO without competing with themselves. And to say that you'll still need your saved games to play DLC for THIS game is obvious-you'll still need your install for that matter. The last option is a game that is mostly regular ass non-massive multi-player. But they've got no track record there. So mostly single player it is.  

News Comments > PC PROTOTYPE 2 Delayed
7. Re: PC PROTOTYPE 2 Delayed Feb 1, 2012, 02:18 entr0py

Cutter wrote on Jan 31, 2012, 21:31:
Anyway, this will be another crappy console port to skip.

Maybe, but I don't see why it should be in principal. Take Arkham City, that was a multi-platform game, delayed on the PC, designed for gamepads, and one of the best PC releases of the year.

News Comments > Maxis' AAA Game Plans
18. Re: Maxis' AAA Game Plans Jan 30, 2012, 03:13 entr0py

I don't blame you guys for not keeping up with this, but Maxis was finally freed from all The Sims development back in 2009 when EA created The Sims Studio and gave them the series.

That's why Maxis was able to develop Spore and Dark Spore. . . not that those turned out well. Still, the original Spore was ambitious and creative, if not really any fun to play. I hope they at least set out to do something unique again.

News Comments > The Old Republic Ilum PvP Follow-up
5. Re: The Old Republic Ilum PvP Follow-up Jan 20, 2012, 21:46 entr0py

Dev wrote on Jan 20, 2012, 21:38:
Wait, didn't they just announce that there was NO valor gained from turret and NPC kills? Or was it an attempt to misdirect and misinform as to the extent of the problem since it was the valor from player kills that was the issue.

I think they're talking about another issue that actually happened where hordes of players would camp all the medcenters, and kill enemy players one at a time the instant they spawned. Since the medical probe doesn't give long enough stealth to get away from a huge group, and you can only choose to spawn at the nearest medcenter, the only option for spawn camped players was to simply stop playing.

It was a one-day bug that allowed them to camp medcenters, not intended behavior. That sort of spawn camping seems like unambiguious greifing under the circumstances. I don't think offending players should be banned, but a targeted valor rollback might do a little to placate the frustrated victims.

This comment was edited on Jan 20, 2012, 22:51.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Parties Like It's 1999
23. Re: BioShock Infinite Parties Like It's 1999 Jan 19, 2012, 18:28 entr0py

That's awesome. Some of my fondest gaming memories are of very difficult games that demand to be mastered, not just played in something more than a stupor. And they are absolutely right that a making a game challenging isn't just a matter of cranking up enemy damage and health, but of incorporating permanent consequences and irrevocable decisions. If you make mistakes, it should feel like you have to claw your way to victory to make up for them.

It's a completely different platform and genre, but I just started replaying one of the old Fire Emblem games thanks to the 3ds ambassador program. I think much of what's endearing about the series is how unforgiving it is. It would be great if this 1999 mode included really terrible consequences like the permadeath of central characters, or actual bad endings.

875 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo