Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for entr0py

Real Name entr0py   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 23, 2009, 01:08
Total Comments 902 (Graduate)
User ID 55038

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Darksiders II Delayed
1. Re: Darksiders II Delayed Apr 18, 2012, 22:22 entr0py

This is great news for the team at Vigil

Well, not counting the 79 people they just laid off.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Microsoft Not Dropping GFWL
62. Re: Microsoft Not Dropping GFWL Apr 18, 2012, 00:25 entr0py

KilrathiAce wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 19:00:
gfwl is garbage, if they allowed crossplatform play on it between xbox and pc then at least there be something usefull but no, as it stands its just something i look for games not to require, if they do then its no buy.

They allowed cross platform play 5 years ago, so it's doable. I think the problem is there's just too huge of an advantage for PC gamers who have better controls, not to mention a higher frame rate and resolution. It caused too much rage.

Though if they limited it to only games where PC gamers don't have a real advantage in controls (3rd person brawlers, fighting games, racing games) that could work.

News Comments > Microsoft Not Dropping GFWL
41. Re: Microsoft Not Dropping GFWL Apr 17, 2012, 16:14 entr0py

I'm just catching on to their inclusion of Xbox LIVE in Win 8. Does this mean Microsoft will actually try to make people pay a monthly fee to play peer to peer multi-player games? I thought they learned their lesson with the disastrous GFWL launch.  

News Comments > EA Explains Warhammer 40K Tank Issue
2. Re: EA Explains Warhammer 40K Tank Issue Apr 13, 2012, 21:04 entr0py

Yeah that makes sense. In hindsight it should have seemed likely it was just a placeholder that some PR person didn't know was a placeholder.  

News Comments > Valve Confirms Hardware Plans
53. Re: Valve Confirms Hardware Plans Apr 13, 2012, 16:55 entr0py

My bet is that they will be making hardware designed to get into your living room, but not a console or PC. I think it's more likely they'll do a streaming set top box, and some fairly innovative controller that is comparable with games designed for a mouse and keyboard. Your gaming PC in another room will be doing all the work.  

News Comments > EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration?
63. Re: EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration? Apr 13, 2012, 01:15 entr0py

Orogogus wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 23:26:
Drezden wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 21:28:
I'd love a full on tabletop simulation. Turn basted Strategy based on 40K. But it'll never happen. I think I'm in the minority.
Everyone wants that except Games Workshop. Playing with minis is kind of a big, big hassle. But to be fair, it's hard to imagine it turning out well for them. I'm kind of surprised none of their also-ran competitors have tried it, though.

It's been done before with in Final Liberation 15 years ago. I think publishers just underestimate the market for turn based strategy games. Maybe Fraxis's remake of XCOM will help change that.

News Comments > EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration?
55. Re: EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration? Apr 12, 2012, 16:49 entr0py

Tumbler wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 15:55:
I really wonder if there isn't a partnership between GW and EA that just isn't announced yet because it's clear they're trying to make these vehicles look exactly like the 40k ones. (Epic 40k to be technical)

No, THQ has exclusive rights to publish videogames in the 40k setting. But I agree that if you stripped off the Command & Conquer logo, anyone would think these were screenshots from a 40k game.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released
8. Re: Mass Effect 3 Resurgence DLC Released Apr 11, 2012, 00:56 entr0py

. . . Okay, how are you supposed to get the free DLC?

I see nothing new on Origin. If I check for updates for the game within Origin, it says none are found. If I go into multi-player, there aren't any new character classes to choose from, or new maps.

I'm pretty sure it's not downloaded. And there's surprisingly nothing in any of the links above about how to get it.

EDIT: I finally found the solution. Why they thought people would just know to do this is beyond me. How to download

This comment was edited on Apr 11, 2012, 01:18.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access
26. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Grant Beta & Early Access Apr 10, 2012, 14:24 entr0py

I have only one question, is it possible to get a refund up until launch?

If so, it differs from a normal pre-order only in that you have to pay everything up front. But if there are no refunds before you can even see if the game works with your hardware, it's an outragously bad deal.

This comment was edited on Apr 10, 2012, 14:31.

News Comments > Free Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack Next Week
14. Re: Free Mass Effect 3 Resurgence Pack Next Week Apr 7, 2012, 05:21 entr0py

That's cool they'll get a free multi-player expansion out so quickly. I was getting disappointed with the uninteresting weekend events. This certainly makes up for it.  

News Comments > ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut
159. Re: ME3 Ending Fix Coming in Free Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Apr 6, 2012, 01:06 entr0py

I'm shocked that they caved to the pressure. But ultimately that pressure came from their customers, so if the vast majority are actually dissatisfied, and not just a vocal minority, it's smart to give them what they want.

*spoilers obviously*

Personally, I was only mildly disappointed by the ending, but there was a lot that I liked about it. I thought the leadup was engrossing including all the last bits on earth and the confrontation with the illusive man. And the ending did a nice job of finally explaining what the Reapers are, aside from unsympathetic death robots. I even like how you were forced to make an unexpected and difficult choice that involves huge sacrifice whatever you choose.

And I certainly don't need to know what happens to every character for the rest of their life, I hate endings that try to do that. What bothered me were the inconsistencies. Why is EDI still alive when I choose to kill all synthetics? Why was Joker joy riding through mass relays when the final battle was taking place?

Also, I would have preferred that the ending be determined largely by my actions throughout the game and even previous games, not just a choice foisted on me at the end.

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter
54. Re: Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter Apr 4, 2012, 22:07 entr0py

Prez wrote on Apr 4, 2012, 20:01:
A 2D Shadowrun with classic PC-style gameplay? Oh yeah, I'm down with that.

Unfortunately they've got the limitation of accommodating the laggy jab-and-smear controls of tablets. So the gameplay can't require either precision or reflexes. But I guess a really old school turn-based RPG would work.

This comment was edited on Apr 4, 2012, 22:17.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dark Millennium Dropping MMO; THQ Cuts
23. Re: *relieved* Mar 30, 2012, 03:42 entr0py

JohnBirshire wrote on Mar 29, 2012, 23:07:
I'm actually very relieved to see their MMO fail, and I'm a huge MMO player and half obsessed with 40k. 40k is one of the darkest grittiest settings imaginable...and they were making a strawberry candlyland carebear version of it. Good riddance!

Will it be better if they make a strawberry candyland carebear version that's less-than-massively multi-player?

News Comments > SimCity Online Requirement Clarified/Corrected
56. Re: SimCity Online Requirement Clarified/Corrected Mar 29, 2012, 15:45 entr0py

This sort of nonsense can only encourage piracy. Because the average paying customer who has never pirated a game now has to go forth into the internet to find a crack just to fix the over zealous DRM. There's no reason they couldn't have an Origin requirement and an in-game store, and still not require you to be online at startup. Even steam has a limited offline mode.

My bigger concern is to what degree SimCity will be designed for multi-player. I don't really want some internet jerk fucking up my city with pollution from his industrial scum hive. That doesn't sound like a fun feature. But that scenario was the basis of their announcement trailer.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Face Fix Found
6. Re: Mass Effect 3 Face Fix Found Mar 24, 2012, 01:40 entr0py

RollinThundr wrote on Mar 23, 2012, 21:24:
Wake me when they release a patch that fixes the Deus Ex ending they ripped off from a 10 year old game.

What 10 year old game was that? For once it seems appropriate to have an ending featuring a kind of machine god, given they're central to the whole Mass Effect story.

News Comments > Mists of Pandaria Beta Live
14. Re: Mists of Pandaria Beta Live Mar 22, 2012, 15:41 entr0py

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 12:58:
Optional nickname wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 12:35:

Totally catering to Asian market, where Blizzard hopes to maintain the 10mil subscription line .
Not so much as you'd think. Cute is a much larger driver.

I think they're just scraping the bottom of their own barrel. Pandarans are the only race from Warcraft 3 that hasn't been used in World of Warcraft yet.

I mean what else are they going to do, try and come up with something new? Besides, I liked the little drunkard Panda dressed like a Chinaman.

News Comments > Wing Commander Saga Correction
11. Re: Foxed =! EA Mar 18, 2012, 22:38 entr0py

hb3d wrote on Mar 18, 2012, 20:58:
Quoted For Truth. Knowing EA, I'm willing to bet this will happen.
Quoted for baseless conjecture. EA has done a number of things in recent years which deservedly have drawn the ire of PC gamers and video game buyers in general. However, shutting down fan projects is not one of them. I can think of plenty of fan-made mods and game projects which have EA's approval. EA has also released older games for free like the C&C Anniversary release and has approved the release of stand-alone C&C Renegade mods.

Can you actually name any fan-made games or mod projects which have been "foxed" by EA? I can name several by Activision/Vivendi and Atari, which is one of the worst, but not EA.

True nuff. And as the man mentioned in his response, they have a history of permitting fan remakes and expansions specifically in the Wing Commander franchise. So all evidence is that EA is showing intelligent restraint. I wouldn't expect them to officially endorse a project they have no involvement in.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta and Early Access
54. Re: Guild Wars 2 Pre-Purchases Get Beta and Early Access Mar 14, 2012, 04:01 entr0py

AnointedSword wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 01:10:
IS this game going to have leveling this time? If not=failure...

I think you were misinformed about the first game. It had leveling. You also had an option of making sort of a gimped PvP-only character that was level 20, in case you wanted to jump right in to PvP or try out classes before deciding on one.

I doubt Guild Wars 2 retains that option, but it wouldn't bother me if it did. I'd just ignore it and play the game the proper way like I did with Guild Wars.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
27. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2012, 16:59 entr0py

Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 13:27:
I call bullshit. We all know MS and the publishers would love to do this but society at large - around the world - is nowhere close to ready for this yet. In fact it's a safe bet that the majority of Xbox owners/players neither want or could go this route for many reasons. I'm sure Sony wishes they'd be that dumb however.

Exactly right. In fact Sony has already tried this with the PSP Go, which was a miserable failure.

News Comments > Molyneux Quits Lionhead
44. Re: Molyneux Quits Lionhead Mar 7, 2012, 21:36 entr0py

Dev wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 20:08:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Milo

That pretty well explains his decision; Microsoft killed his baby. I mean, I'd be upset if Microsoft killed my baby.

902 Comments. 46 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo