Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for entr0py

Real Name entr0py   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 23, 2009, 01:08
Total Comments 896 (Graduate)
User ID 55038

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Free Radical on LucasArts and Battlefront III
16. Re: Free Radical on LucasArts and Battlefront III<br> A <a href= May 5, 2012, 20:56 entr0py

"...LucasArts actually wanted their ambitious plans for Star Wars: Battlefront III to fail. Here's what he says about the sequel where the idea was that "players could seamlessly transition from a small-scale gunfight into a space battle simply by climbing into a ship and taking off""

Wasn't there a Star Wars Battlefield 1942 mod 10 years ago that was a lot like that? Or maybe I'm thinking of one of the unreal tournament games.

This comment was edited on May 5, 2012, 21:03.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Notch Knocks "Indie" EA
34. Re: Quoteworthy: Notch Knocks "Indie" EA May 4, 2012, 04:57 entr0py

If the developer is both not owned by a publisher, and didn't have their game funded by a publisher, I'm totally comfortable calling them indie. Even if they end up making something good enough that they can attract a major distributor.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Connection Issues
11. Re: Mass Effect 3 Connection Issues May 4, 2012, 01:51 entr0py

Origin now greets you with this message:

"Origin is currently experiencing issues with the download service. We're aware of this issue, and are working to resolve it as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later."

Also, anyone who can't play single-player should probably try offline mode. Gear icon - go offline.

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Revealed?
29. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Revealed? May 4, 2012, 01:39 entr0py

You can actually read most of the article if you zoom in on the images. That third page that talks about how snow works is enough to get me eager to see the game. It seems like they have some creative game-play ideas.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Announcement
17. Re: dedicated servers May 3, 2012, 04:39 entr0py

mootant wrote on May 3, 2012, 03:30:
The real question is will there be PROPER dedicated servers? If not, me and many other people will not touch this game with a 40 foot pole.

I think it was only MW2 that didn't have dedicated servers. And the more recent entries by both Treyarch and Infinity Ward did. So it seems that was a failed experiment and they learned their lesson.

News Comments > PC Skullgirls Announced
4. Re: PC Skullgirls Announced May 3, 2012, 01:19 entr0py

Wildone wrote on May 2, 2012, 22:12:
theres nothing worse than white people trying to draw Anime characters, they look fucking aweful

I don't know, they've got the huge melon heads, and the huge melons. What's missing?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation May 2, 2012, 21:42 entr0py

So, does Sega own the IP rights to the series? I know they don't own the developer, Platinum Games.  

News Comments > Diablo III Auctions Detailed
48. Re: Diablo III Auctions Detailed May 2, 2012, 01:48 entr0py

The open beta weekend was worse than I imagined in terms of how badly the forced online single player damages the game. I experienced rubber banding in single player, as well as getting disconnected and kicked back to the main menu from pausing the game too long.

I know Blizzard's excuse is that they have to authenticate everything that goes on in a single player game in order to allow players to take those characters, items and gold online. But their real reason is a misguided attempt at combating piracy. There's absolutely no reason they couldn't have had an offline single player mode in addition. They'd just have to make it so the spoils can never be taken online.

Far from discouraging piracy, these measures will force paying customers to also track down cracks, server emulators or whatever is needed to fix the game.

This comment was edited on May 2, 2012, 04:02.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
4. Re: Sunday Consolidation Apr 29, 2012, 22:37 entr0py

"Nintendo reported Thursday its first ever operating loss"

That's a pretty damn good track record, considering Sony and Microsoft's console divisions operate at a loss more often than not.

News Comments > The Walking Dead Episode One Released
19. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 29, 2012, 00:59 entr0py

The requirement that you commit to pre-buying every episode sort of takes away the one good thing about an episodic release. I wonder why they can't just give PC gamers the same deal they're giving Xbox gamers?  

News Comments > SimOcean TMed
11. Re: SimOcean TMed Apr 28, 2012, 20:59 entr0py

I hope I can make a world of mollusk people, and then micromanage when they go to work and when they poop.

This comment was edited on Apr 28, 2012, 23:32.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 27, 2012, 13:51 entr0py

"70 percent of PS3 owners passing on vita"

That's actually extremely generous. What they really mean is 70% of current play station universe readers. A self-selected bunch of hardcore Sony fans. I would bet their Vita adoption rates are far above the average PS3 owner.

News Comments > Leisure Suit Larry Funded
4. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Funded Apr 26, 2012, 00:46 entr0py

nin wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 22:22:
entr0py wrote on Apr 25, 2012, 22:11:
That was weird how they gave the public the impression months ago that it was already funded and development was underway. When it turns out they only made a screen shot and a press release. Seems dishonest.

You guys announced this back in October. Why are you asking for the funds now?

This must be the #1 question asked all over the internet today! We announced in October that we secured the development and publishing rights to the original Leisure Suit Larry franchise (series) of games. We showed a 1-room "proof of concept" that helped us secure the rights, so we showed those images in our press release at the time. We originally planned on getting VC (venture capital) funding so we can re-make the entire franchise from scratch for all the new platforms with the best graphics style, voice overs, orchestrated sound, etc. The response we received shocked us. This is what they literally told us "we like your company but we want nothing to do with Leisure Suit Larry since it will tarnish our good name". So it took us a few months to re-think our strategy and when we went to DICE to do the interview with Spike TV, we saw what amazing success our friends at Double Fine had and Tim convinced us to do the same.

Reading is fun!

Yeah, I know. That's where they admitted it really had zero funding and zero progress back in October when they announced a release window and gave long list of platforms. There was no need to lie to people back then, and I don't know why fans would donate money right after they revealed that their first announcement was a sort of hoax.

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/126438/leisure-suit-larry-revival

News Comments > Leisure Suit Larry Funded
1. Re: Leisure Suit Larry Funded Apr 25, 2012, 22:11 entr0py

That was weird how they gave the public the impression months ago that it was already funded and development was underway. When it turns out they only made a screen shot and a press release. Seems dishonest.  

News Comments > Darksiders II Delayed
1. Re: Darksiders II Delayed Apr 18, 2012, 22:22 entr0py

This is great news for the team at Vigil

Well, not counting the 79 people they just laid off.

News Comments > Microsoft Not Dropping GFWL
62. Re: Microsoft Not Dropping GFWL Apr 18, 2012, 00:25 entr0py

KilrathiAce wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 19:00:
gfwl is garbage, if they allowed crossplatform play on it between xbox and pc then at least there be something usefull but no, as it stands its just something i look for games not to require, if they do then its no buy.

They allowed cross platform play 5 years ago, so it's doable. I think the problem is there's just too huge of an advantage for PC gamers who have better controls, not to mention a higher frame rate and resolution. It caused too much rage.

Though if they limited it to only games where PC gamers don't have a real advantage in controls (3rd person brawlers, fighting games, racing games) that could work.

News Comments > Microsoft Not Dropping GFWL
41. Re: Microsoft Not Dropping GFWL Apr 17, 2012, 16:14 entr0py

I'm just catching on to their inclusion of Xbox LIVE in Win 8. Does this mean Microsoft will actually try to make people pay a monthly fee to play peer to peer multi-player games? I thought they learned their lesson with the disastrous GFWL launch.  

News Comments > EA Explains Warhammer 40K Tank Issue
2. Re: EA Explains Warhammer 40K Tank Issue Apr 13, 2012, 21:04 entr0py

Yeah that makes sense. In hindsight it should have seemed likely it was just a placeholder that some PR person didn't know was a placeholder.  

News Comments > Valve Confirms Hardware Plans
53. Re: Valve Confirms Hardware Plans Apr 13, 2012, 16:55 entr0py

My bet is that they will be making hardware designed to get into your living room, but not a console or PC. I think it's more likely they'll do a streaming set top box, and some fairly innovative controller that is comparable with games designed for a mouse and keyboard. Your gaming PC in another room will be doing all the work.  

News Comments > EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration?
63. Re: EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration? Apr 13, 2012, 01:15 entr0py

Orogogus wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 23:26:
Drezden wrote on Apr 12, 2012, 21:28:
I'd love a full on tabletop simulation. Turn basted Strategy based on 40K. But it'll never happen. I think I'm in the minority.
Everyone wants that except Games Workshop. Playing with minis is kind of a big, big hassle. But to be fair, it's hard to imagine it turning out well for them. I'm kind of surprised none of their also-ran competitors have tried it, though.

It's been done before with in Final Liberation 15 years ago. I think publishers just underestimate the market for turn based strategy games. Maybe Fraxis's remake of XCOM will help change that.

896 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo