Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for entr0py

Real Name entr0py   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 23, 2009, 01:08
Total Comments 875 (Graduate)
User ID 55038

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's God Game Kickstarter
37. Re: More Big Picture Details Nov 22, 2012, 03:51 entr0py

Dmitri_M wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 02:17:
I'm not giving any money to this guy for an unreleased game. He's been playing the publisher system long enough to know how to source funds.

I agree completely. I've got serious misgivings about kickstarting anyone who is highly successful, rich, and knows how to fund games already. . . But I would totally abandon that principal for Dungeon Keeper III

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Halo Team Seeks MMO Devs
5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2012, 02:07 entr0py

Rigs wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 23:15:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Why did you have to show me that, nin?! I had NO idea there had been an attempt at a HALO Mamorphaga...Now I have to be all 'emo-angsty' over something that almost existed years ago...dammit, sometimes being a fanboy sucks...

=-Rigs-=

And doesn't it make it worse that it was cancelled so MS could dump more money into their kinect strategy? Now that they've learned that casual friendly gimmick controllers have a short shelf life, maybe they can go back to the plan.

I'd just like to see someone make a successful and high budget MMOFPS, even if it's for a console.

News Comments > Game Reviews
12. Re: Game Reviews Nov 15, 2012, 14:10 entr0py

I think the fact that Gamespot is lobbying Metacritic to change the review is evidence that they're under some inappropriate pressure from the publisher. Otherwise, merely correcting the errors on their own site would be enough for them. That is the limit of Gamespot's responsibility.  

News Comments > The Old Republic Goes Free to Play Next Week
13. Re: The Old Republic Goes Free to Play Next Wee Nov 8, 2012, 22:15 entr0py

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 21:45:
yeah now it's apparently free to play past level 15. Not sure what they'll be charging FOR, but whatever. I'm not going to complai

Next week you'll be able to go to level 50 without payin

News Comments > The Longest Journey Sequel Plans
9. Re: matthew@welchkin.net Nov 1, 2012, 17:25 entr0py

Watter wrote on Nov 1, 2012, 16:58:
I loved The Longest Journey. I was a latecomer to the game having only played it for the first time a few years ago. Dreamfall however ticked me off more than any game I can remember. There are rules to cliffhangers that every director, author, or game designer needs to follow:

1) It's OK to have a cliffhanger, but always finish a story in a single movie/season/book/game (MSBG from now on). If you have a overall story that spans MSBG's, that's fine and feel free to introduce a new question or plot point (i.e. cliffhanger) at the end of one MSBG as long as you finish the specific story that was the focus of that particular MSBG. If you just tell half a story in one MSBG, you deserve to be shot, hung, shot again, then beaten up.

2) It's only OK to have a cliffhanger, if you already know that there WILL BE ANOTHER BSMG!! If you don't know (and Tørnquist had no funding, publisher, etc. lined up after Dreamfall), then finish your freaking story in the BSMG you're currently working on!

The end of Dreamfall left the story completely untold, with little hope of a conclusion.

Well said. Another The Longest Journey would be nice, but another Dreamfall is nothing I would get excited about. I'm a little worried from the 'Chapters' in the title that he imagines it will be the first of a series again.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V in Spring
59. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 31, 2012, 14:59 entr0py

Doesn't anyone remember that this is exactly how Rockstar handled every GTA game for the last 11 years? It would be cool if Rockstar North started giving the PC a higher priority, or stopped being secretive about their PC plans, but their formula has been so obscenely successful I think they're loath to mess with it.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V in Spring
24. Re: Grand Theft Auto V in Spring Oct 30, 2012, 23:37 entr0py

Prez wrote on Oct 30, 2012, 21:34:
Quite disappointed that there's no mention of the PC version.

Me too. This late port crap is garbage.

That has been their MO with the series ever since GTA III. I think part of that strategy is the hope that some fans will actually buy the game twice. I admit I did with GTA III and Vice City; once on the PS2 because I couldn't wait, then again on PC for a better experience at a more reasonable price. Actually announcing the superior PC version is coming in a few months would cut down on the impulse console buys. But of course it will come.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Weapons Pack
3. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weapons Pack Oct 17, 2012, 13:54 entr0py

Creston wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 11:57:
The only weapon even remotely interesting in that pack is the Piranha. The shotgun so awesome they first buffed it, then nerfed it twice. The balance guy at Bioware is either drunk 24/7 or just has no clue what the fuck balancing even means.

Creston

I don't think how the weapons are balanced in multiplayer will determine how they're balanced in single player. At least they never seemed to match up in the past.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: More Big Picture Details Oct 14, 2012, 00:37 entr0py

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 13, 2012, 23:23:
"console market will never go away, but it will become smaller; says gaming has now become mass-market."

At face value that sounds stupid.

Then he goes on to say "Hardcores will keep it alive but get smaller". I guess he's predicting some hardcores will give up the ghost and become fashionable gamers. Not usually the case.

Now with the idea of Consoles are dying, I bet MS doesn't like the sound of that. The best thing they can do now is come out with a mofo killer console.

I think he's suggesting that hardcore gamers = console gamers and ordinary gamers = facebook gamers. PC gamers are nowhere on the map. I guess if console gamers are pilots to him, we are astronauts.

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2012, 01:07.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned
3. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned Oct 8, 2012, 20:44 entr0py

What percentage of shows "being developed" ever become a reality? I'm just trying to be hopeful here, maybe we'll be spared.  

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Oct 8, 2012, 14:23 entr0py

I'm surprised Toys R Us sells M rated games, I wouldn't expect them to sell R rated movies. I guess kids are good at getting what they want, even if it's a game about exploding corpses.

Also, it's ammusing how most of the posters on the official forums have never heard of loss leaders, and are vaguely outraged by the low prices.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Free Retaliation MP DLC Next Week
2. Re: Mass Effect 3 Free Retaliation MP DLC Next Week Oct 4, 2012, 22:11 entr0py

Nice; what they've needed to get my interest back are new enemies to fight. What is this the 5th free DLC pack? I get the feeling they're not just doing it to generate good will, people must be paying for supply boxes with real money. It's hard for me to imagine anyone doing that, but I must be underestimating the prevalence of impatient drunken sailors.  

News Comments > DICE Warns of Bans for BF3 Color Mod
21. Re: DICE Warns of Bans for BF3 Color Mod Oct 3, 2012, 23:57 entr0py

DICE definitely made a mistake in desaturating the hell out of the game, to, I guess imitate Saving Private Ryan. But I can also appreciate it woudld give you a very big advantage to have normal vision in a game where everyone else is forced to suffer from color-blindness.

The ideal solution would be if DICE put the option in officially for everyone to have access to. But they're not going to do that.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 26, 2012, 22:58 entr0py

I don't know if the Ninja Gaiden 3 redo will be any good, but that's cool that Nintendo stepped in to publish it. It would be smart of them to offer that deal to other developers; if you're willing to do a port with meaningful exclusive content (not just a map on the tablet), we'll publish it.  

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Preorders
11. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 24, 2012, 14:13 entr0py

It does seem heavily monetized judging from the preorder bonuses. That's worrisome. But it's still possible for them to ship a complete and enjoyable game, then have a bunch of overpriced extras that appeal to obsessive types with more money than sense. First day DLC used to bother me, but it's becoming standard. It's least frustrating just to ignore all DLC and judge games based on the core game.  

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
26. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 15, 2012, 22:59 entr0py

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 16:08:
Not for nothin', guys, if you have no interest in the tablet controller, then the Wii-U probably isn't for you. Yeah, they'll have the classic/core controller with the dual thumbsticks and everything, but the tablet is *the* main feature of the console and the driving force behind a lot of the games being made for it.

No more so than the Nintendo DS, and that had great responsive controls for a portable system. There's a big difference between playing on a resistive touchscreen combined with solid buttons and joysticks compared to playing on a capacitive screen with only dab-and-smear controls, like the iPad.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 14, 2012, 03:07 entr0py

Not totally weird though, Platinum Games also developed MadWorld, another very adult (or very adolescent) game that was a Nintendo exclusive.  

News Comments > Labor Day Consolidation
14. Re: Labor Day Consolidation Sep 4, 2012, 02:36 entr0py

Eh, I won't draw any conclusions based on a single last gen port being in 720p. The Xbox 360 had high profile games that ran at less than 720p, but they were the exception not the rule.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Status Report
36. Re: Guild Wars 2 Status Report Sep 2, 2012, 22:51 entr0py

I'm enjoying the game too, but it's disappointing just how many problems there are with WvWvW. First, you can't connect to WvWvW from an overflow area. Then there are long queues to get in since the servers are overpopulated. Then once you're in there's frequently server side lag or even server crashes. And for me also client crashes in demanding WvWvW situations. I just hope they get it fixed during the few months where I'll care about the game. I can't help but think that their insistence on not letting anyone try the game for free meant that they never tested at the proper scale to prepare for retail.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Head Start Begins
28. Re: Guild Wars 2 Head Start Begins Aug 25, 2012, 22:43 entr0py

dj LiTh wrote on Aug 25, 2012, 22:23:
Maybe i'm being pessimistic, wouldnt be the first time. But this game's Blues News reception is earily similar to SWTOR....i want to believe....i really really do

Yeah, it's hard to know if a game is worth investing in when the gaming press are cheerleaders and you don't personally know anyone who's tastes you trust. For me it wasn't a hard choice because I have fond memories of guild wars 1.

I'll say this, they would be doing themselves a favor to have some sort of free trial, at least a weekend, soon.

875 Comments. 44 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo