Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for entr0py

Real Name entr0py   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jun 23, 2009, 01:08
Total Comments 900 (Graduate)
User ID 55038

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age Keep Open Demo
12. Re: Dragon Age Keep Open Demo Oct 30, 2014, 12:17 entr0py

Nice, this sort of app should really become standard for any sequel with saved game imports. I remember with Mass Effect 2 people hacked together websites with archives of saved games; you had to read through some player's half remembered description of what they did in ME1, and stick with the name and face they came up with.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced
19. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Expansion Announced Oct 6, 2014, 18:25 entr0py

So did they come up with some canonical alignment and gender for Revan, or is it portrayed as an androgynous character of mysterious purposes so it's consistent with with whatever you did in KotOR?  

News Comments > Xbox One Controller for Windows in November
26. Re: Xbox One Controller for Windows in November Sep 17, 2014, 15:38 entr0py

PHJF wrote on Sep 17, 2014, 13:18:
Not wireless? Is this a joke? KNOW WHAT'S GOT BLUETOOTH? MY DS4.

Yeah, that's pretty crazy that for $60 you don't even get a receiver and apparently they aren't making one even as an add-on.

I mean, the controller has already got the battery and wireless capability, but it's some proprietary wireless implementation that can't work with an ordinary Bluetooth receiver.

News Comments > Battlefield 4: Final Stand Details; Testing
9. Re: Battlefield 4: Final Stand Details; Testing Sep 10, 2014, 00:11 entr0py

If any of you are interested in the Community Test Environment, I just looked it up. It's a system whereby you pay them for the ability to test the game. . . I'd just feel dirty if I gave into that.  

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Video
10. Re: Half-Life 2 Oculus Rift Video Aug 24, 2014, 16:03 entr0py

It makes me realize that Oculus needs to get cracking on a controller before the commercial release. Mice and keyboards or gamepads aren't really adequate for VR. Developers will want some kind of standard controller they can rely on the customer having.  

News Comments > Play Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare for Free
13. Re: Play Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare for Free Aug 15, 2014, 13:45 entr0py

jdreyer wrote on Aug 15, 2014, 13:31:
entr0py wrote on Aug 15, 2014, 12:41:
Nice, kind of like a rental, except free. If there were more legit ways to try out PC games I actually think it would cut down on piracy and increase sales.

I know, right? If only these things existed:

Game demos
Free weekends
Free to play
Let's play vidoes

Right, all of those have some merit. Though, demos are usually terribly short or non-existent, free weekends are rare and easy to miss, and free-to-play is a whole business model that makes for some awful gameplay decisions. I think I prefer this approach to any of them.

News Comments > Play Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare for Free
8. Re: Play Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare for Free Aug 15, 2014, 12:41 entr0py

Nice, kind of like a rental, except free. If there were more legit ways to try out PC games I actually think it would cut down on piracy and increase sales.  

News Comments > Hearthstone Add-on Pricing and Details
5. Re: Hearthstone Add-on Pricing and Details Jul 9, 2014, 02:21 entr0py

I'm not sure how you figure that. There are 5 wings, only the first one is free if you act in time. Each wing is $7, all four of them would be $28.

Still, cool that you can just grind it out and pay with gold.

Wetworks24 wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 23:55:
Tumbler wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 23:33:
$25 seems more than reasonable considering how much "Free" gaming I've gotten out of it. I've bought a few rounds in the arena but the vast majority of my time is spent doing those quests that earn gold and buying packs.

The quests they make up are actually pretty good and making you tweak your deck in order to complete the quest and even if you don't win it's still fun to try and stack your deck with 5+ cost creatures or creatures that cost 2 or less.

The first wing is free for a limited time, so it actually costs $20 for the whole thing.

News Comments > Alien Isolation for Oculus Rift Only a Prototype
8. Re: Alien Isolation for Oculus Rift Only a Prototype Jul 8, 2014, 01:55 entr0py

Yeah, I assumed that was the case from previous announcements that they were only considering Oculus support. Still, it's good to see a new AAA game supporting it. I have no doubt once the consumer version is announced there will be lots of games announced with it.  

News Comments > EA on "Unacceptable" BF4 Launch
30. Re: EA on Jun 20, 2014, 23:37 entr0py

Oh, the problems were caused by "pushing the boundaries". That's fine then, I thought it was something avoidable. He's right though, that is a completely unacceptable level of heroic audacity.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Patch Plans & Homebrew Visual Upgrade
28. Re: Watch Dogs Patch Plans & Homebrew Visual Upgrade Jun 16, 2014, 17:23 entr0py

Those screen shots do look impressive. Why build all of this stuff and then completely disable it, why not just leave it in as some kind of extreme quality setting?

If I were cynical I'd guess it's because they didn't want to overshadow the new consoles. Like they couldn't get these features working on the PS4, so decided to cut them out of every version.

News Comments > BF Early Access Possible
26. Re: BF Early Access Possible Jun 13, 2014, 19:11 entr0py

harlock wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 18:40:
entr0py wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 15:36:
They may have a trendy new name for it, but haven't they been practicing "pay for beta" for over a decade now? I seem to remember one of the only ways to get into the Battlefield 2 beta was to buy a paid FilePlanet membership.

thats weird because i havent preordered or bought it, but i just got an email that said:
BOOM, IT'S GAME TIME!
You're in! You've got access to the Battlefield Hardline closed beta

I was talking about Battlefield 2, the game from 2005. But yeah, seems like Visceral Games is more reasonable than DICE when it comes to betas. This was an interview with DICE's general manager, they're not the ones developing Hardline.

News Comments > BF Early Access Possible
22. Re: BF Early Access Possible Jun 13, 2014, 15:36 entr0py

They may have a trendy new name for it, but haven't they been practicing "pay for beta" for over a decade now? I seem to remember one of the only ways to get into the Battlefield 2 beta was to buy a paid FilePlanet membership. And more recently it's tied to a preorder or buying some other crappy game you don't really want (like metal of honor).

I'm guessing the only new thing about this is that they take ALL your money upfront. At least with a preorder you can cancel it if you choose to.

News Comments > Dead Rising 3 PC Framerate Issues Possible
16. Re: Dead Rising 3 PC Framerate Issues Possible Jun 12, 2014, 17:00 entr0py

Weird stuff with zombies you say? Sign me up.

Also, nice example nin. I can't wait to see the broken physics while plowing through a horde of zombies at 60fps.

News Comments > Oculus VR Era Projections
11. Re: Oculus VR Era Projections Jun 11, 2014, 22:06 entr0py

Yeah now that you mention it, "near cost" makes sense for a console where they make most of their money on games and licensing, but what revenue would Oculus get aside from hardware sales?

It's a troubling thought because they must have some plan for profitability. And making it into a closed platform would really kill the community that's springing up.

This comment was edited on Jun 11, 2014, 22:11.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall
57. Re: Grand Theft Auto V for PC This Fall Jun 10, 2014, 15:42 entr0py

In hindsight it makes perfect sense that they were working on current gen consoles and PC as a combined effort. And, that's a good thing, I'm sure they put far more effort into improving the visuals since they can release it on 3 systems at once.

As for it being full price, if you've never played the game, it's worth it. But, if you have played it already and are so crazy about the game to want to replay it after a year, you can just as easily wait a year and a half and get it on sale.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Trailer
9. Re: Into the Black Jun 10, 2014, 01:54 entr0py

NegaDeath wrote on Jun 10, 2014, 00:50:
As someone who loved Battlefront 1 & 2 I'm happy to see progress being made. It's sad Lucasarts is dead but it's crazy that they let a money in the bank series like this skip a gen.

It was sad to see them go, but I think Lucasarts silently died more than a decade ago. They still had their logo on any Star-Wars game they licensed, but hadn't actually developed one since 2002.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LucasArts_games

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Closed Beta Instant Access Now
10. Re: Battlefield Hardline Closed Beta Instant Access Now Jun 9, 2014, 17:59 entr0py

Wow, is this the first time EA has taken the Battlefield series away from DICE? I guess that's what happens if you get too successful.

At least this developer doesn't have an awful track record, apparently they're the ones behind the Deadspace series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visceral_Games

But, if they really need to milk the franchise yearly, I'm glad DICE is assigned to the new Star Wars Battlefront game and not Battlefield with cops.

News Comments > Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Grounded
14. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Grounded May 24, 2014, 20:45 entr0py

Wallshadows wrote on May 24, 2014, 16:43:
DICE has the best IP in their hands when EA gave them the task to reboot the Battlefront series on their Frostbite 3 engine.

Personally, one of my favorite Star Wars games was Republic Commando and it's a shame that it is as underrated as it was to not warrant any further development.

True, it has a lot of promise. I hope they manage to work in space battles. They could have a couple of board-able capital ships to give infantry something to do. I think one of the Star Wars total conversions for Battlefield 1942 had a setup like that.

News Comments > Dark Souls Exploring GFWL Alternatives
6. Re: Dark Souls Exploring GFWL Alternatives May 20, 2014, 01:25 entr0py

I can't believe how much Microsoft dropped the ball with GFWL. They had this perfectly positioned platform for years, then did less with it than EA did with Origin in a few months. I wouldn't mind one more digital game store, it would only add to the competition on price.  

900 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo